[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

@Lmangla you said it perfectly. I hope if they do plan her to die, it will be behind the bars, stabbed by another inmate. If she goes to a women’s prison she could run into other inmates who could possibly be mothers, and if they know YR played a major hand in her child’s death, knew and left him to his fate, I can imagine they can be pretty brutal. This woooman is beyond redemption, even animals have more compassion than her, she does not deserve to be treated like an actual hooman being.

i still don’t get why YJ and TP dating is such a big deal honestly compared to all the bull YR has committed, ONE OF THEM IS MURDER. OF HER OWN FLESH AND BLOOD. The Hans need to be slapped with this fact, like bruh, YOU CONDONED YOUR SPAWN OF HELL DAUGHTER WHO BASICALLY KILLED HER OWN SON. But you guys are so furious about YJ dating her “brother in law”??? Get your morals straight ya mushroom infested dinguses.

angry family guy GIF

• LOL 6

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

her favourite go-to statement before she throws cups is "do you want to see me die?" -- that is how she has controlled her family from telling her secrets and they continue to "poor yura" because of that fear. so yea, death would be more tolerable for her and them than her secrets coming to light. so the real punishment wou

I have read about suicides of people who had been broadcasting that they wanted to die. But most seemed to go quietly leaving devastated family and friends who tried to figure out the reason, looked for clues and were never sure. Depending on what the writer thinks is probable, we could get YR committing suicide. But he has made her a person who puts herself and needs above and beyond even a child's life, it's unlikely that we would see her in front of the truck of doom.

The writer has stuck to the mould he gave the characters even in dealing with a dying child. The mother was in YR's corner as usual, the bad actor father is still doing his wife's and YR's bidings, SJ doing everything to help YJ or he thinks etc...

Rather disappointing, YJ and TP while weeping copiously over DH did not think of blackmailing YR earlier. YJ's first thought should be YR the birth mother instead of waiting for an unknown donor. TP gave her the documents on her background?? He should make her understand that he has a copy if she broke her word.

She is an idiot, YJ with her Unnie, Omma, otokes. Desperate times mean desperate measures, even if it means going down to YR's level. So what if SJ found out she is donating? She happens to be a match. A miracle. She is so good at lying, and others are stupid. Unlike @UnniSarah, I have little sympathy for YJ. Your child's life is at stake adopted or biological, mothers are willing give up their own lives for their child, and she went 'otoke, otoke' instead of squeezing YR. With cancer, time is of the essence, they say.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2

On 12/26/2020 at 1:25 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

No he is not TP/MH's son. He would never think to deny it because no one would think that YR would lie on a special needs person 5 years ago. They worked for his mother so they assumed what she said was true. Only five years later they find out that YR did lie. Part of the problem was his mom did not protect TP better when she was alive. There should have been many questions like why would you even be taking him to drink let alone go into a room with him alone. Then there should have been test done. Lastly a dna test should have been done when the kid was born. Of course when his mother realized that baby was not TP's she confronted YR and YR lied to send the poor woman to jail. The mom should have kept her suspicions to herself and did all the test on that kid and then hit YR in the face with the results in front of her parents and kicked them out. 

In K-drama's there have been many sub plots where the man was tricked into thinking he slept with a person after drinking or being drugged. They never check their bodies or pay attention to how there bodies feel if they really did that. They also never do a DNA test at birth do verify if the kid they are being blamed for is theirs. Which is why they end up raising someone else blood and find out 20 or more years later. By that time they are attached to the kid. 

54 minutes ago, Jjinja13 said:

Cheers thought hat was the case....as wondering why the brothers ave not come forward as yet to unravel another of the evil witch"s manipulations....

YOU NAILED IT...HOW COULD THE WRITER NOT BRING THE BROTHERS BACK???

HOW DID TP/MH NOT REMEMBER THAT HE NEVER HAD BEEN TO BED IN THE BIBLICAL SENSE   WITH THE SUBHUMAN WENCH?

On 12/25/2020 at 11:31 PM, Jjinja13 said:

Query: Would  appreciate somebody replying to this.

Isn't Dong Ho not the true biological son of Tae Pong/Min Hyuk? Why doesn't he not remember he never actually slept with the disgusting subhuman?

CHEERS AND THANKS MUCH FOR THE REPLIES RE THE ABOVE QUERY...

JUST COULD NOT COMPREHEND HOW TP/MH NEVER RECALLED THAT HE NEVER WENT TO BED WITH THE SUBHUMAN WENCH IN THE BIBLICAL SENSE!!!

WILL THE BROTHERS EVER SHOW UP AGAIN,,,WILL THE FOREVER CONNIVING WRETCH OF A HUMAN BE CALLED TO TASK FOR SCHEMING YET AGAIN???? THIS PART OF THE PLOT IS A HODGEPODGE OF HUGE GAPPING HOLE!1!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 5

I remembered the lawyer in Fatal promise. He loved his father and when he could not help him because of his lung disease, he regretted it, so I think in revenge drama the punishment is just, although I don't know how Yura can suffer when she doesn't care about anyone except herself, she doesn't even care about her own mother who sacrificed everything to help her selfish daughter.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

My vote and multiple slaps right now goes to all Hans because the writer is slow to punish this awful family. 
The father- the shameless hypocrite. He’s a worthless bystander and a self deluded righteous man without a moral compass. A stupid man that kowtows to his wife and Yura.

The mother- the greedy shrew. She’s meek and submissive towards the rich but slaps and bullies the weak. She lies and schemes against anyone that gets in Yura’s way. She loves only herself and Yura.

YR- the immoral villainous. All her evil doings past and present are covered up by all the Hans. This gives her the freedom to use any means to get what she wants without remorse. 
YJ- the otoke dummy (description inspired by the poll). She’s a self volunteered Han’s family doormat. Lack of courage, good judgment, and intelligence makes her too weak willed to protect the things and people that matters.

YM- the weak fool. He’s mostly a spineless incompetent human being.

It would take too long to list all the misery the Hans have doled out to people around them and especially to MW. Best to move them all away from human society. A cave dwelling with bars in the middle of nowhere would be perfect.

Second choice  SJ mom - the murdering madam.  She’s busy creating a fake façade of goodness and mercy to impress the cardboard cutout DL chairman so her next victim may be safe for now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 12/27/2020 at 2:11 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I remembered the lawyer in Fatal promise. He loved his father and when he could not help him because of his lung disease, he regretted it, so I think in revenge drama the punishment is just, although I don't know how Yura can suffer when she doesn't care about anyone except herself, she doesn't even care about her own mother who sacrificed everything to help her selfish daughter.

Wasn’t it ironic that he loved his FATHER so much after hearing his excuses for being the VILLAIN BECAUSE HIS father was always GROVELING FOR SCRAPS IN his opinion.  < - -  isn’t the same excuse HAN YU RA USED TO HER FATHER FOR WHY SHE LIES SO MUCH. Lol lol lol  She hated living at TP’s house, hated they were poor and hated receiving things from the Madame.  In truth HYR is a selfish person, and refuses to live the life of being poor because she is An attention seeker, wants fame, want to be rich , best Anchor woman and be first Daughter in law of a Chaebol family. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:03 AM, vintage said:

My vote and multiple slaps right now goes to all Hans because the writer is slow to punish this awful family. 

The only good Han was poor Minhu, an innocent child who died because he was too good to belong to that family :(

btw I like the uncle.

YJ and YM are not evil but they are too weak. The father has no guts. I don't understand how no one of them defends the other. 

The worst are YR and her mom. I think YR's death as a good punishment to the stupid mom. She will be devastated if this happens.

• Like 3

Maybe the writer wanted to do Minwoo/Dong ho a favour. Think about it - his bio mother is ruthless, conniving trash, his adoptive mother/aunt is totally helpless; both his grandmothers are evil and selfish, his grandfathers can't be bothered with any heavy tasks that require them getting up from their sitting position while he never even had the chance to meet his bio dad. 

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Wasn’t it ironic that he loved his FATHER so much after hearing his excuses for being the VILLAIN BECAUSE HIS father was always GROVELING FOR SCRAPS IN his opinion.  < - -  isn’t the same excuse HAN YU RA USED TO HER FATHER FOR WHY SHE LIES SO MUCH. Lol lol lol  She hated living at TP’s house, hated they were poor and hated receiving things from the Madame.  In truth HYR is a selfish person, and refuses to live the life of being poor because she is An attention seeker, wants fame, want to be rich , best Anchor woman and be first Daughter in law of a Chaebol family. 

Basically she’s a narcissistic, self-centered, egotistical RickRoll'D. Got it.

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Episode 74 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
YR: Jun Seok, then can you also let something precious go?
CJS: Hey! What did you do?
YR: I told you, Jun Seok. You can't meet with Cha Seo Jun. Do you think I'll sit still?
TP: You'll know soon. I'll definitely reveal... the victim is the assailant.
YR: I don't want your help on Dong Ho's way out.
SJ: Are you upset with me in any way?
YR: I really tried... not to say this to you.
YJ: I took such a long detour without knowing this easy way.
YR: What?

Ending Scene of Episode 73

(CJS goes to sleep at his place)
-At SJ's house-
YR (on phone): Did you take good care of the security camera this time? Don't leave any traces. Don't make a mistake. Let me know... when it's taken care of.
(Man YR hired snuck into CJS's place and is about to attempt to suffocate CJS)

I put the video and translations of the scenes when YJ confronted YR and when TP talks with CJS under the spoiler tag, since I found those to also be interesting scenes from the episode:

Spoiler

Episode 73 - YJ & YR Confrontation

-At YJ's house-
(YR is in there to take MW's stuff since TP told her he'd use MW's belongings for a DNA test with CJS)
YJ: What are you doing? Why are you touching Min Woo's things?
YR: I'm taking my son's old things. Mind your own business.
YJ: What? "My son"?
YR: I gave birth to him, so he's my son. Did you think you became his mother... just because you raised him for a while?
YJ: Excuse me? Stop it. Don't touch those. I told you to stop!
(YJ shoves YR away)
YR: Are you insane?
YJ: How long are you going to keep this up? Please just get it together!
YR: What did I do?
YJ: You say he's your son, and you didn't even come to his funeral! How do you call yourself his mother? Min Woo... died because of you. You killed him. If only you hadn't run away that day, Min Woo would have lived.
YR: Get your facts straight. Min Woo died from shock. Even if he did get a bone marrow transplant from me, we never know when he would have died from shock. That was... just his fate.
YJ: What? Are you being serious right now?
(YJ starts to drag YR out of the room)
YJ: Get out. Get out!
YR: What do you think you're doing?
YJ: Get out of here right now!
YR: Let this go!
YJ: Go! Leave!
YR: Hey, get away from me! Hey!
YJ: Go to Min Woo and apologize to him now!
YR: Han Yu Jung! Let go of my hair. Have you lost it? Are you crazy? Let this go!
YJ: Yes, I'm crazy. How do you expect me to stay sane?
YR: Get away from me!
YJ: You gave birth to him yourself. How could you be so cold when it's this hard for me? How do you call yourself his mother?
YR: Han Yu Jung, let go!
YJ: Go to Min Woo and apologize. Get on your knees and apologize to him now!
YR: Hey.
(YM walks into the house)
YM: Yu Jung!
YJ: Now!
YM: Use your words! Yu Jung, use your words.
YJ: Come on!

(YJ shoves YR into the furniture)

YJ: I would just kill you right here, but I'm barely keeping it together because of Min Woo. Get out of here. And don't ever show yourself again.
(YJ goes to her room, and YR leaves the house)
YR: Shoot. I couldn't take any of Min Woo's things with me. What do I do? Right. It would be faster to convince Jun Seok.

--

Episode 73 - (Flashback) TP & CJS Conversation

-Flashback to MW's funeral-
(TP's phone rings)
TP: Hello?
CJS: Hello, I'm Choi Jun Seok. I'm calling you for your direct message.
(CJS comes to the funeral)
CJS: You grew up so much. It's your father. I'm your father, Min Woo. I shouldn't have... let you go five years ago. I'm sorry, Min Woo. I'm so sorry. Min Woo...
(TP & CJS talk outside)
TP: How did you know Dong Ho's real name was... Min Woo?
CJS: Five years ago, your mother came to see me.
TP: My mother?
CJS: She assumed I was his biological father. At that time, I told her I'm not. I was going blind due to the accident. And I wasn't that financially stable. So I thought sending him to you... would be beneficial for Min Woo as well. I apologize.
TP: Then... have you gotten surgery?
CJS: Though I let my son go, I at least wanted to watch him grow up from afar, so I got surgery. But... it took me longer than I thought... to rehabilitate after surgery. I should have come sooner.
TP: Min Woo missed his father very much. I'm glad that he got to meet his father... as he left.
CJS: For... raising Min Woo instead of me, thank you.
TP: Actually, it hadn't been that long since I've met him.
CJS: It hadn't been long?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I don't understand YJ's words to YR in the preview :(

Hm, well my Korean isn't fluent at all, but I think the way Kocowa translated it was worded a little awkwardly in English. The best literal translation I can do is, "There was an easy way, but instead I took the long way here, didn't I?"

Although my Korean isn't the best either, so that might not be accurate lol. It's possible it's just harder to translate since we're not seeing the context of the full scene yet.

• Like 3

YJ finally got to do one thing well! She can win against YR in a hair pulling fight. Going forward, she should  just use physical strength on YR and give us something to cheer for from the character.

Now that MW bio dad has join the men who’s been fooled by YR avenger club, please plan smartly. Stop giving YR info about your next revenge moves or times and locations of your meet ups. Be aware, she has a personal goon on speed dial that makes house calls. 
The DL staff meeting was a big facepalm moment. They all agree hiring a recent grieving mother as a parttimer to work on a new mini concert was a good idea. This drama does not lack dimwits.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

48 minutes ago, vintage said:

YJ finally got to do one thing well! She can win against YR in a hair pulling fight. Going forward, she should  just use physical strength on YR and give us something to cheer for from the character.

Now that MW bio dad has join the men who’s been fooled by YR avenger club, please plan smartly. Stop giving YR info about your next revenge moves or times and locations of your meet ups. Be aware, she has a personal goon on speed dial that makes house calls. 
The DL staff meeting was a big facepalm moment. They all agree hiring a recent grieving mother as a parttimer to work on a new mini concert was a good idea. This drama does not lack dimwits.

I agreee she finally stepped up. I have said in oder for characters like YJ to ever wake up is when they lose someone dear to them for them become strong and vengeful. I AM MAKING GIF NOW

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I want to see more feral YJ honestly, it’s actually refreshing! If she’s still not gonna use her brains might as well use those muscles and smackdown YR and the piece of garbage that is her mother. I’m sooooo looking forward to that happening

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3

On 12/26/2020 at 1:13 AM, R2020 said:

I am just wondering. Is there a reason why TP and Choi Joon Seok both use the bathroom? 

Another reason for using the bathroom 

Paternity Test lol lol 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29df98b2eac6d9aece0d

HAN YU RA said nothing is going with CJS. Is she for real 

Spoiler

her excuse 

SJ

I want more of Han Yu Jung too @Mocharel  

HYR is truly dumb and her minion is eve dumber   Who I. Their right mind goes to kill someone in a suit????  Like What!!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1