[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Everything you said makes sense. ButbO can’t help but feel so bad for YJ.  TbH this is the first kdrama where both parents always give in to one child. Usually it is the mom but the father doesn’t play favorite even though the mom still does whatever she wants. First drama to see FL’s mom beat her daughter and Dad actually does nothing to help his favorite child. He usually roots for them behind the wife’s back. 

DO YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD IS THAT ONCE THEY FIND OUT WHAT YU RA DID.  BOTH PARENTS WILL STILL BE ON HER SIDE AND WILL STILL WANT TP TO STAY AWAY FROM HAN YU JUNG AFTER WHAT THE 

did in ruining a good family that took care of her family and was kind to her. 

I have a simple explanation for this, the mom is evil, so she prefers her evil child YR. The dad is henpicked so he doesn't have the guts to oppose his wife. YJ is a doormat so she doesn't impress her mother.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

I don't think I would be able to watch YJ actress in other shows without relating to being idiot YJ. 

For the next 10 episodes, we will be getting a crying YJ and TP comforting her. What are the chances that SJ and her evil mother would catch them? A lot a lot.  

ok need a break for my poor brain.

:elated:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't think I would be able to watch YJ actress in other shows without relating to being idiot YJ. 

For the next 10 episodes, we will be getting a crying YJ and TP comforting her. What are the chances that SJ and her evil mother would catch them? A lot a lot.  

I always watch 5 episodes behind to avoid heartache. I suggest that you watch the preview first then decide what to do :)

• LOL 5

8 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I always watch 5 episodes behind to avoid heartache. I suggest that you watch the preview first then decide what to do :)

Nope, even after seeing ameera's hilarious gif, slapped TP, it gives me a headache. I can't stop laughing seeing the father's expression or lack of concern. :joy:
need a break, need a break.

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

:elated:

The actress playing YJ is best as acting bad , selfish and evil.  @maribella

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Text under clip.

도저히 믿을 수 없는 청천벽력 같은 소식 "한동호 군, 급성 백혈병이 의심됩니다..." [비밀의 남자] 20201218

Unbelievable news like “Han Dong-ho, acute leukemia is suspected…” [Secret Man] 20201218

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/secretman2020/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2020-0412-01-549275,read,,68,808115

preview text

Preview Episode 68 Taepong is shocked to hear that Dong-ho has been diagnosed with leukemia. When Seo-joon hears Dong-ho's news, he asks the hospital director to treat him carefully. On the other hand, Dong-ho is struggling as his hair gradually falls out due to chemotherapy...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Episode 68 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
YR: She's someone who met Chief Yu behind your back. Han Yu Jung would never see you.
SJ: The two have broken up. Han Yu Jung and Min Hyuk have broken up.
SJ: She's Han Yu Ra's mother? I'm sure she said her mother was in the US.
TP: What are you saying? That Min Woo has leukemia?
MW/DH: I have to be very sick to go to paradise. I can see my dad if I go there.
YJ: I'm so sorry. I wanted to raise Min Woo well. I'm sorry this happened to Min Woo.

Ending Scene of Episode 67

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-At YJ's house-
YJ: What should I do? Why won't the nosebleed stop? This is so strange.
MW/DH: Mom...
YJ: It's okay, Dong Ho. Let's go see a doctor. It's not a big deal. Don't be scared.
MW/DH: Mom...
YJ: It's okay. Face this way. Yes, good boy. It's okay, don't cry.
-At the doctor's office-
YJ: Doctor, how is he?
Doctor: Did he often have a nosebleed?
YJ: Yes. He had problems with his nose. He did get nosebleeds from time to time with the season changing, but it was never as bad as today. What's the matter?
Doctor: I think it'd be better to get a blood test to be sure.
-At YR/YJ's parents' workplace-
YR/YJ's Mom (on phone): What? Dong Ho has to be hospitalized? Why? Okay. I'll be there soon.
YR/YJ's Dad: What's going on? Why is Dong Ho getting hospitalized?
YR/YJ's Mom: He went to the hospital as he had a bad nosebleed, but I don't know the details either. Let's hurry there.
YR/YJ's Dad: Okay. My goodness.
-At the hospital-
YR/YJ's Mom: Yu Jung.
YJ: Mom.
YR/YJ's Mom: What did the doctor say? What's the problem?
YJ: I don't know yet. The test results aren't out yet.
YR/YJ's Dad: What's going on all of a sudden? It can't be anything serious, right?
Nurse: The doctor wants to see Dong Ho's guardian.
-At TP's office at DL-
TP: Yes?
Man: Chief Yu, the meeting is about to start.
TP: Okay. (TP's bracelet falls apart as he stands up)
-At the doctor's office-
YJ: What? What did you just say?
Doctor: Dong Ho might have... acute leukemia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, monalisa said:

Maybe the leukemia is a misdiagnosis. They'd need the bio dad to come back so YR's secret will be exposed.

I'm not sure if the bio dad will be coming back or not. The actor who plays the role of the bio dad (Eru) is already in the middle of filming a daily drama that will start airing next month on MBC called "Be A Meal" (밥이 되어라). So I'm not sure if he has enough time to be filming two dramas at once? I guess we'll see.

• Like 3

@Ayame @monalisa ~ maybe instead of reporter cha, they could have the driver who was his brother pop up again to help min ho? this drama is more a comedy than a tragedy. so more likely min ho will survive.

the episode had moments that were actually amusing. yura sniffling tears and then the moment she is in her room, she does a frustrated "why don't I get my way!" routine. hahahahha... @Ameera Ali ~ lady joo trying to threaten seo jun was funny too. before I could roll my eyes at her threat, seo jun just countered 'well I will just follow yujung" hahahahha... lady joo was like "logic?! wait, what is that?!" hahahhah...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

@Ayame @monalisa ~ maybe instead of reporter cha, they could have the driver who was his brother pop up again to help min ho? this drama is more a comedy than a tragedy. so more likely min ho will survive.

the episode had moments that were actually amusing. yura sniffling tears and then the moment she is in her room, she does a frustrated "why don't I get my way!" routine. hahahahha... @Ameera Ali ~ lady joo trying to threaten seo jun was funny too. before I could roll my eyes at her threat, seo jun just countered 'well I will just follow yujung" hahahahha... lady joo was like "logic?! wait, what is that?!" hahahhah...

I think he will find a matching bone marrow donor and live. But as long as YR lives, there will be no happy family. She needs to die. 

I had watched 2 shows where the most awful antagonists died and one was almost canonised ....yes, she volunteered in Africa. The other one committed suicide.

We are not going to fall for that sad violin ost when or if YR dies, are we?

• LOL 3

@maribella ~ have gone from disliking yura to finding her amusing. actually I find all the four leads idiotically amusing. I can't take any of the characters seriously including the parents of yujung. this drama amuses me which is good. I need some laughs during these stressful times. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@maribella ~ have gone from disliking yura to finding her amusing. actually I find all the four leads idiotically amusing. I can't take any of the characters seriously including the parents of yujung. this drama amuses me which is good. I need some laughs during these stressful times. :sweatingbullets:

:D  she is ott especially during those episodes that she went slapping and hair pulling. 

I could not forgive her family and the writer for making use of a retarded man. That is the limit.

People are rather nonchalant about such things. Like DH's actor, a 5-6 year old kid playing a female character. I did not see cross dressing in Seoul when I visited  last Fall, neither in Paris nor in Melbourne...  it's not right for parents to push kids into situations that are not the norm in their society, especially in making money.

If he were 18 or older, then it's a personal choice. Even in San Francisco many years ago, I only saw adult weirdos. :smile:Who knows with Brad Pitt's gender bending daughter around, there may be young boys in dresses nowadays in SF. But definitely not in Korea.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, maribella said:

People are rather nonchalant about such things. Like DH's actor, a 5-6 year old kid playing a female character. I did not see cross dressing in Seoul when I visited  last Fall, neither in Paris nor in Melbourne...  it's not right for parents to push kids into situations that are not the norm in their society, especially in making money.

Well, regarding his parents, when they received the offer for the role, they asked his opinion as to whether he wanted the role and he was okay with it. Here's the mother's response to the criticism if you haven't seen it before:

On March 30, Seo Woo Jin’s mother responded on her Instagram account.

She started, “I can’t hold it in anymore, so I’m saying a few words. Many people are worried about Woo Jin’s gender identity. Unlike other children of his age, Woo Jin is a smart kid who understands very well about what he is doing right now and why he plays the role of a girl. I didn’t make him audition for the role because I wanted him to play the main character. Of course, when I was offered to play the role of a girl, I asked Woo Jin for his opinion, and he willingly said that he was okay and that he could do it well.”

She continued, “Gender identity? I’m sure everyone who’s ever interacted with my son knows that’s nothing to worry about. Woo Jin is very boyish. He likes to hear that he’s ‘cool’ or ‘manly’ rather than ‘cute’ or ‘pretty.’ His dream is to become Hulk. He wants to be a strong man like Hulk. He’s very boyish when it comes to playing, acting, and talking.”

Then his mother informed everyone that both she and her husband majored in psychology. Her husband is currently working as a psychologist after getting his Ph.D. She asked people to stop saying uncomfortable things about him or spreading false rumors when they are only judging him for his appearance.

She stated, “I know my son better than anyone. I care for him, and I love him. Yes, I know you may see him as a boy [in the drama] after you find out, and you may feel less immersed and uncomfortable watching it. I fully understand that. However, it is only a difference of opinion, but I think the problem is that he’s receiving excessive criticism for playing the role of a girl for a short while.”

Then she thanked the people who are cheering for and supporting Seo Woo Jin and apologized for not being able to reply to everyone’s encouraging messages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ayame said:

wanted him to play the main character. Of course, when I was offered to play the role of a girl, I asked Woo Jin for his opinion, and he willingly said that he was okay and that he could do it well.”

She and her husband are 'cool' parents. I had stopped my five year old nephews from having too much ice cream even though that was what they wanted.  How mature can a five year old be, like 18?

@Ayame as you may have guessed by now, I am not impressed. I have a PhD and know many top notch brains with PhDs ( unfortunately I am just average)  but no fancy brain can fight nature or guess  what will happen in the future.  For that reason, parents mostly do not take risks. 

Maybe that's why the producer, director and writer put a mentally challenged man in dire straits, he has a man's body. He is not really seven.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1