[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

12 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Jillia , @partyon @Sleepy Owl , @Min2206

who say no one can take revenge on kdrama even pigeon do it :joy:

5 minutes ago, sodandee said:

Mr Queen is off to a good start!

Mr Queen real time rating Episode 1 at 21.45 : 8.41% at 22.05 : 9.81% at 22.35 : 8.28%

Credits to: DC Gall

Wow!    Thanks for the rating info!  

Yes, the bird pooooooooo !

@partyon   Will Zoppa's voice be around throughout the whole drama?

credit to the owner

Their chemistry when he catch her from falling and they staring at each other:heart1:

Also, Kim Jung Hyun look super hot in the wedding costume:please:

credit to the owner

Can't wait for episode 2 tomorrow!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun have just achieved the 2nd highest rated Sat/Sun premiere (1st Mr. Sunshine) in the history of tvN. They are not A-listers, but they are immensely talented, and the viewers can see that. :ilike:

Congratulations to all the cast! Let's hope the 2nd episode ratings are even better! :star:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

giphy.gif

Hello Chigoos!

My first time here since October. This was my favorite scene from Ep 1 - just symbolic of everything I adore about my actress, Queen HyeSun!

And I thoroughly enjoyed this first episode, maybe more than any other drama first episode by our leading lady. Probably because I haven't been obsessing about every previews and trailers and news articles about it like all the other dramas - those days are gone, but I am so happy that this day has come, at last. And I found out I just adore this King - I didn't know how perfect he is for this role until Ep 1. I hope this couple (King and her body if not her/chef's soul) consummated their marriage on the first night, although this being K-drama, it's more likely that we will get a full story to the contrary in later episodes. No matter. I am just a happy momma today. So proud of my baby.

Long live the new Queen! May she bear many royal offspring contrary to her (chef's) personal objections. :hooray2:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Blob 2

I haven't watched yet (I am planning to start watching soon!) but I thought this was such a fun visual for showing how complex and heavy female clothing was for ceremonial events. Just getting dressed would tire me out for the day! :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

On 12/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, partyon said:

@Lmangla @Min2206 @booha @willenette Our oppa is a pro! :D

gtmL5pY.gif  gtmL5pY.gif

I just watched EP1.   Though his actual scene is small,  his voice makes it through the whole episode.  Yeah I doubt his voice will last after EP1.  I’m sure the writer will find some excuse to terminate his voice.   Still surprised to see there is a character description about CJH’s Jang Bong Hwan under the heading of  ‘Present  Blue House’ in the official site.  Maybe they did it to show how queen Kim So-young is changed.   
I have a feeling CJH was chosen after somebody(or PDnim) saw CJH’s Zombie.  qT0nqbJ.gif

Jang Bong Hwan 

http://program.tving.com/tvn/tvnchulin/4/Contents/Html?h_seq=7

Spoiler

asar21R.jpg

12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

who say no one can take revenge on kdrama even pigeon can do it :joy:

Whaha  Thank you for the wonderful gifs as always,  They never fail to amuse me  haha 
Omg I forgot about Zombie’s almost-eaten-pigeon-sashimi. Yesyes it’s pigeon’s revenge lol  :wow1:
Zombie is filled with many parodies. I want to think PDnim(Mr Queen) gave a nod to Zombie with a pigeon revenge parody??   haha   Still it’s so amazing to think how they came up with such the idea of a pigeon dropping. :sweat_smile:

WghAeXO.gif

H6qEOtg.gif

A6kh5sM.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok it's been a while that I actually enjoyed a first episode of drama. I laughed so hard the first episode. I can't wait for the second episode. This drama will be my weekend drama. Shin Hye-Sun continues to be amazing actress. Her expressions, speech and manner are just amazing to watch. Please continue to be this good drama. I am praying to the drama gods. 

jung shin hye | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

I see a lo of reference here of Choi Jin-Hyuk Zombie drama. Is it good? I am currently in K-drama slump. 
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Anyone know where i can get more historical sources to update myself on the history of this drama ? I want to see how predictable this is. Btw, do you think they will take liscence to history and change the ending? I think historical ending will be probably tragic, but for a happier ending they might meet in the future, where king "ironbell" is reincarnated into a woman haha? I looked it up and so far the king did die of a "disease"( there's suspected foul play), and there was this big, complicated history on who will  be his sucessor, because when he died, he was left with no heirs, and the dowagers , including Queen Cheorin, played a part in choosing the next King, who became the final King of Joseon dynasty.  He was also illiterate  when he ascended and was chosen because, since he could be easily influenced. I guess that's a bit of creative liscense too, since the King could read in this drama(maybe it's becuase it's after his coronation).Well, if wikipedia is to be believed, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

I expected the drama to be funny but I was still surprised how over the top it was (in a good way) :)

Though I’m more intrigued about the palace politics and the king’s hidden agenda. According to Wikipedia the king Cheoljong was adopted by the Grand Queen Dowager because his family was exiled (thus having no power) and he was uneducated and easily manipulated. His family barely survived in poverty when they found him and proclaimed him the king. Cheorin comes from Andong Kim clan (where also Grand Queen Dowager belongs to) so it’s understandable that Cheoljong doesn’t trust her and thinks she has the ulterior motive.

I was looking forward to this drama not only because of Shin Hye Sun who I adore but mainly because I’m very curious how they’re going to resolve the whole LGTB issue. 

Out hero Jang Bong Hwan was introduced as a playboy. A very straight playboy. How are they going to make him fall in love with the king? The whole thing makes my head spin. Because if they’re going to make him fall in love with the king, they’ll make our hero either a closeted gay/bisexual or a closeted transgender. And will the king ever know the truth? Will they make him gay too or is he going to fall in love with Cheorin never finding out the soul inside belongs to someone else? There’s a possibility they’re not going to make it romantic but I doubt it. 

Also I’d like to know where did the real queen’s soul go? Did they switch souls and she ended up in Jang Bong Hwan body in a modern day? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Kim Jung Hyun And Shin Hye Sun Have A Discreet Late-Night Meeting In “Mr. Queen”

83cc24d7820447c784ba891c943c3732.jpeg?s=

Dec 13, 2020
by S. P

tvN’s new drama “Mr. Queen” shared new stills of Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Mr. Queen” is a new historical fantasy-comedy drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.

Spoilers

The first episode provided viewers with plenty of laughs as it depicted the comedic situations that befell Kim So Yong as a queen with the soul of a man from modern times trapped inside of her. In addition, the episode also piqued the curiosity of viewers by dropping various hints about the secrets harbored by both Kim So Yong and King Cheoljong. Now that the pair have become husband and wife, it remains to be seen how Kim So Yong’s unique predicament will affect the palace affairs.

In the new stills, Kim So Yong and King Cheoljong meet in the middle of the night. Both the king and queen eye each other with sly smiles, as if they are each trying to figure out the other’s motive. In particular, Kim So Yong seeks out the king in order to propose a “no touching” rule. King Cheoljong appears unfazed by her suggestion as he eyes her with amusement.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443278wpp/kim-jung-hyun-and-shin-hye-sun-have-a-discreet-late-night-meeting-in-mr-queen

• Like 4
  • Blob 1