Quantcast

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

On 11/11/2020 at 4:14 PM, aisling said:

Hi everyone, I’m so looking forward to this drama! Just watching the teasers makes me laugh out loud :joy: 

I do have a question for those who have seen the original c-drama Go Princess Go.

I can’t imagine how they’re going to make the man’s soul fall in love with another man unless he’s been closeted gay? Or closeted transgender?

Or is this drama purely about platonic friendship between two men? And where did the soul of the real Queen Cheorin go? Her soul just vanished? Giving how ultra conservative South Korea is, I’m really wandering how they’re going to pull this off.

Well, in the C Drama Go Princess Go, the main character (man spirit) was not a closeted gay man or closeted transgender. In fact, he was a heterosexual playboy/womanizer. When he first arrive in the Princess' body, he was always chasing the palace maids and trying to kiss& touch them (so the drama have hints of lesbian scenes because of viewer see 2 females interaction). And he try to stay away from ML Prince. Gradually, he start to fall for the Prince and so we have scenes of OMG! I'm falling for my husband! But, wait! I'm a man...but, I'm also a woman...what am I? Eventually he come to accept that while he have a man body in the past, now he have a female body and he decide to live as a female. He also accept that love is love and he not going to worry about it so much and he will accept his feelings and attraction.  In GPG, they don't really discuss the soul of the original princess and where it went or why the man spirit enter the Princess. The viewer just supposed to accept the premise and just roll with it.

I think the key for making the GPG Romance work is : first-the audience never see 2 men at all. The audience see bodies of a woman and a man, see a heterosexual couple. So it very easy to accept since what audience see is man/woman interactions.  Also, the Prince never know that the Princess have a man spirit. He always just believe that he falling in love, kissing and having sex with his female wife.

Second, in GPG, once the man spirit is in the female Princess body, the Body itself start to change the man spirit. As in, the feelings come from the body, as well as other feminine behaviors that the man spirit experience. So the GPG drama explain the romance as the man spirit can't help but be attracted to men because he now inside the physical body of a hetero woman and the physical feelings of a hetero woman is taking over.  He slowly find himself no longer sexually attracted to the palace maids. Instead he falling for his husband.  He also find himself more interested in feminine stuff the longer he stay in the female body, he unconsciously acting more "like a girl" as the time rolls on. So the audience also accept the changes as "This is biology. This is something that man spirit has no control over."  The man spirit identity changing because of the physical body, if that make sense.  So of course when the man spirit decide to not worry about things and accept that he is now female and decide to live as female, the audience also understand and ready to accept. 

Of course, we do not know how Queen Cheorin/No Touch Princess/Mr. Queen will handle the premise.  They have made changes already that we know about from the little bits released. The main character is not a womanizer playboy. He described as a "free thinking" chef.  So we definitely not going to have the "lesbian love" hints nor the borderline harassment type of scenes. It is unknown how they will handle the sexual aspects of the story. Will they take the same reasoning as the original source? Not sure.   Perhaps you are correct it will just be a story of friendship between the man spirit and the king. Not gonna lie, it makes me sad if there is no romance in this drama, but  South Korea isn't very friendly toward LGBT. We will have to wait and see. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

It's a possibility CheoRin is BongHwan's past life. 

He is CheoRin's present reincarnation (female to male reincarnation).

BongHwan wakes up in his past life's body.

BongHwan might fall in love with CheolJong in CheoRin's body,

Then he'll go back to present, he'll meet CheolJong's female reincarnation.

They'll fall in love again at present time.

• Like 10
16 hours ago, uglypearl said:

It's a possibility CheoRin is BongHwan's past life. 

He is CheoRin's present reincarnation (female to male reincarnation).

BongHwan wakes up in his past life's body.

BongHwan might fall in love with CheolJong in CheoRin's body,

Then he'll go back to present, he'll meet CheolJong's female reincarnation.

They'll fall in love again at present time.

I like your theory of the past lives. That make sense and give them a way to have a loveline in the future like you say. It will be interesting to see how drama handle things.  I'm still hoping that we have some romance in the drama, even though it called "No Touch Princess". 

On 11/13/2020 at 9:47 AM, immorethant said:

@sw33tm3lody agreed with you :)

Personal opinion I think the news that this drama was from the original 'Go Princess Go' may give some misleading ideas and too much worried about the sexual aspect. 

Instead of using the word 'remake' , I think it should be more considered as an 'adaptation of' or 'inspired by' the original drama.  I have confidence that this Korean version will be much better and it will not much focus on sexual elements, instead it will give a feeling of 'cute+funny' rather than 'sexy+disgusting' like some fans are being worried. The reason I can think of are

• The character of the modern man whose soul was trapped in Queen's body.  The Korean version change the role from a playboy to a Blue House's chef.  So I think rather than spending time chasing court ladies like the original, we may see more of cooking scenes from So-Yong. And don't forget Kim In-Kwon will play the role of Royal chef, there must be funny scenes of him bickering with So-Yong about cooking. 
  • They also change the role of the Queen's maid from young lady to middle age Sanggung. From the teaser we can see that this gave us more feeling of funny/comdey rather than sexy role like the original. So we may not see much of flirting scene between So-Yong and her maid ladies.
  • The way they use real historical figures and actual time in this drama instead of just making up like some drama (e.g. 'Kingdom') . I think it's a hint that the story will be also about the political conflict and there will be more serious part.
  • The writer's name. I don't think the famous writer like him will throw away his reputation by writing the absurd comedy. 
  • The production team of tvN, Studio dragon, YG compared to low-budget original drama. As we saw lots of leaked shooting photo earlier, the production teams travelled to many places to shoot this drama. They spent 8 months shooting from Spring, Summer to Autumn, so we can surely see lots of beautiful scenes from different seasons. And the costumes, from the teaser, wow...the queen's hanbok is very beautiful. 
  • This drama will be aired internatinally , not like the original that was internet/web drama. So the content can't be focus to much on sexual or dirty scenes.
  • And the most important reason is the actors.  If the script is not good, why those good actors agreed to be in this drama ? And why will tvN make it 20 episodes if the drama story just telling about sexual or BL scenes ?

From all above points, so now I'm more than ready to watch this drama.

Fighting 'No Touch Princess' 

You make some good points. I agree with you that this drama will not be a sex comedy like GPG and will probably focus more on the "fish out of water" comedy of a modern man going back to the Joseon times. Although I'm still holding out a hope that there will be some romance included somehow.  The short teasers already are so funny. I'm really looking forward to this drama. 

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote reaction gifs in your posts. Thanks.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Shin Hye-sun becomes royal in new promos for Queen Cheorin

by tccolb

0004446848_001_20201110085226999.jpg

New stills and posters have been released for tvN’s upcoming fusion sageuk Queen Cheorin, featuring the main cast: Shin Hye-sun (Angel’s Last Mission: Love), Kim Jung-hyun (Crash Landing on You), Bae Jong-ok (Graceful Family), and Kim Tae-woo (The Spies Who Loved Me).

The drama is centered around Shin Hye-sun’s character, a 21st century man whose soul somehow gets transported back in time to the Joseon dynasty–and he wakes up in the body of Queen Cheorin. As a fish out of water in many respects, he stumbles his way through the new day-to-days in the palace and struggles to not arouse the suspicions of the royal family. But he makes his confession in his poster’s tagline: “You’re going to be shocked, but try not to be too shocked. The truth is, I’m a man.”

Queen Cheorin’s husband, King Cheoljong, is played by Kim Jung-hyun. He’s a man of many faces and appears to be merely a puppet king. In truth, though, he is very perceptive and sharp, and hides his true intentions behind his many masks. Catching on to something being not quite right with his queen, he remarks on his poster: “There is no one else as strange and unique as the queen. It’s almost as if she came from another world.”

Bae Jong-ok takes on the role of the dowager queen, she’s the true power in Joseon and pulls all the strings behind the throne. On her poster, she makes her ambitions plain: “Trying to maintain power is in the same vein of trying to maintain beauty and youth.”

Her brother, played by Kim Tae-woo, is also a man after power and he strives to keep their family in the highest seat in Joseon. The tagline on his poster speaks to his calculative perspective, “For us, who you are is not as important and who you ought to be.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/shin-hye-sun-becomes-royal-in-new-promos-for-queen-cheorin/

• Like 6

Official poster released.

TR6oU8W.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438308wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyuns-historical-fusion-drama-mr-queen-reveals-group-poster

In the group poster, the caption reads, “Everyone in the palace has secrets. But no seal lasts forever.” Kim So Yong is dressed in the elegant hanbok of a queen, but sits in the classic “man-spreading” pose of a modern man with a tendency to bluff.

She sits at the center of a triangle of power and politics formed by King Cheoljong, Queen Sunwon, and Kim Jwa Geun. King Cheoljong stares off into the distance, keeping his inner thoughts carefully hidden. Queen Sunwon keeps a sharp eye on him, showing her intent to keep the king under her thumb at all times. Kim Jwa Geun looks down on them both with ambition in his face, revealing his unquenchable desire for power.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Shin Hye Sun’s Antics Surprise Kim Jung Hyun In Comedic “Mr. Queen” Teaser

08d244ccab644e2a96c034d694178475.jpeg?s=

Nov 18, 2020
by S. P

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mr. Queen” has released a new teaser!

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fusion drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty.

Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the queen with the soul of Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun takes the role of King Cheoljong, who seems like a weak and ineffective king but has a sharp and strong-willed side that he keeps hidden.

In the first teaser for the drama, Shin Hye Sun’s character reacts with shock at being in the wrong body in the wrong time period, and the second teaser shows her desperate attempts to get back to her proper time. The newest teaser reveals her interesting dynamic with King Cheoljong.

The teaser begins as Kim So Yong smiles in the direction of King Cheoljong and immediately starts to run toward him as her attendants frantically trail behind her. Text splayed across the screen reads, “A match made in heaven.”

Seeing Kim So Yong’s enthusiastic approach, King Cheoljong blushes and his smile grows wider. His voice narrates, “No matter how often I think about it, I’m always surprised.” As he opens his arms wide to greet the queen, however, she pushes him aside to pick up a bottle of wine presented by an attendant. While she cheers enthusiastically and gives him a thumbs up, King Cheoljong’s exasperated voice says, “She can’t be of this world.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438669wpp/watch-shin-hye-suns-antics-surprise-kim-jung-hyun-in-comedic-mr-queen-teaser

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후 - Shin Hye Sun & Kim Jung Hyun - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on December 12th
November 18 2020

Teaser trailer #3 & poster for tvN drama series “Mr. Queen”

Mr_Queen-SI0001.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 and group poster added for tvN drama series “Mr. Queen” (English title) starring Shin Hye-Sun & Kim Jung-Hyun. The drama series previously had the early working English title of “No Touch Princess,” before the production company made the change to “Mr. Queen.”

Meanwhile, narration in teaser trailer #3 goes (0:11) Kim Jung-Hyun “March made in heaven,” (0:18) Kim Jung-Hyun “Even I have thought ten million times,” (0:23) Kim Jung-Hyun “I still am amazed every day,” (0:29) Kim Jung-Hyun “I’m sure that person,” (0:35) Shin Hye-Sun “Wow, will ginseng wine,” (0:39) Shin Hye-Sun “Oh yes,” (0:41) Kim Jung-Hyun “The person seems from another world,” (0:44) Shin Hye-Sun “What are you looking at?” Below is a group poster of the drama series and features Kim Jung-Hyun, Shin Hye-Sun, Bae Jong-Ok, and Kim Tae-Woo.

“Mr. Queen” first airs December 12, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: In the present day, Jang Bong-Hwan works as a chef at the President’s Blue House. He has a free spirit, but his spirit somehow finds its way into the body of Queen Kim So-Yong (Shin Hye-Sun) in the Joseon period.

King Cheoljong (Kim Jung-Hyun) has secrets. He seems like a figurehead, who is gentle and easygoing. In fact, he hides his strong aspects. Queen Sunwon (Bae Jong-Ok) is the late King Sunjo’s wife. She wields the true power in the country and, thus, relegates King Cheoljong as just a figurehead. Kim Jwa-Geun (Kim Tae-Woo) is Queen Sunwon’s younger brother. He is extremely ambitious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yay, about few weeks more! I'm so excited for this drama to air! 

Nowadays Korean dramas are full with psychological and thriller genre. Not that they're bad but I really miss some funny and sweet Korean romance drama too:relieved:

I hope there is no love triangle in here. I'm watching a Korean drama, Start-Up, after immersed myself with tons of Japanese, Chinese and Thailand dramas and oh man, the love triangle between Nam Joo Hyuk (Main Male Lead), Bae Suzy (Main Female Lead) and Kim Seon Ho (Second Male Lead) in the drama is tiring me up.

The shipwars between team Dal Mi/DoSan and Dal Mi/Ji Pyung in the comments or discussion on MyDramaList, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and others places are kind of amusing and entertaining though LOL

I'm okay if there some scenes of supporting or extra characters that make the main characters jealous to add the fun but please no love triangle with the pitiful second male lead that selflessly helping the main female lead while secretly in love with her and then the love triangle part between the main male lead, main female lead and second male lead become almost the entire focus in the drama ughhh:expressionless:

I want to watch the romance development between the main male lead and main female lead here while swooning, giggling and gushing whether in a sweet or sad scenes without the tiring love triangle. Pleasee!:bawling:

Btw, if you watch one of the recent trailer it show the main male lead duality character. He pretend to be a dumb king in front of the officials but looks mysterious behind the scene.

Translation: (credit to erisintrouble & 이자연 in the comment)

Scene opens with the king holding a document written by a courtier. He is holding it upside down to pretend that he can't read it. 

King (Kim Jung Hyun):What you mean is exactly same with mine. Do it as you want.

[strange in the day and suspicious by night]

Queen (Shin Hye Sun):What is he up to? this punk is f***ing suspicious

Kim Jung Hyun is so hot in black costume!:wub:

credit to Netizen Drama on twitter

• Like 5

It’s a match made in heaven in new Queen Cheorin teaser

by tineybeanie

qcheoalc0.jpg

The third teaser for tvN’s fusion sageuk-comedy drama Queen Cheorin has been released. It features its two leads with Shin Hye-sun (Angel’s Last Mission: Love) playing the titular queen and Kim Jung-hyun (Crash Landing on You) as her two-faced husband and the King Cheoljong of Joseon

When an unfortunate accident occurs, a blustering chef in the 21st century somehow travels through time and wakes up in the body of the Joseon-era Queen Cheorin. The recently released teaser shows a snapshot of the comedic hijinks that ensue when the queen’s body is overtaken by the male chef’s soul, unbeknownst to her king.

From across the hallway, King Cheoljong notices Queen Cheorin coming toward him. She begins running in his direction, and her attendants gasp in shock at their queen’s sudden lack of decorum and call out to stop her. Shin Hye-sun runs right through the onscreen copy which says: “A match made in heaven.”

Believing that her actions are due to her eagerness to see him, King Cheoljong blushes bright red and shyly opens his arms to receive her. She also opens her arms wide, as he narrates: “A match made in heaven. Even after thinking it over a ten million times, I’m always surprised. She is definitely…”

However, he trails off as she brushes right past him to grab the bottle of wine being carried by one of his maids. She exclaims with excitement, and gives her thumbs-up for the alcohol: “Wild ginseng wine, oh yeah!” King Cheoljong’s expression falters, and he finishes his thought internally: “… something from another world?” Queen Cheorin gives him a light punch, as she impertinently says, “What are you staring at?” In the last sound bite, Queen Cheorin’s lady-in-waiting whispers, “Your Majesty, you can’t…”

Though both Queen Cheorin and King Cheoljong were real figures in Korean history, it seems pretty obvious that there will be lots of creative liberties taken when it comes to history versus drama. They lived during a period full of intrigue, scheming, and sad events, so it will be interesting to see what makes it from real life onto the small screen.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/its-a-match-made-in-heaven-in-new-queen-cheorin-teaser/

• Like 5

Watch: Kim Jung Hyun Turns Into Two-Faced King With Mysterious Secret In “Mr. Queen”

Nov 20, 2020
by L. Kim
fbfaee3d4c404fe3aff14f813e359f49.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mr. Queen” has released a new teaser!

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fusion drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty.

Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the queen with the soul of Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun takes the role of King Cheoljong, who seems like a weak and ineffective king but has a sharp and strong-willed side that he keeps hidden.

The trailer starts with King Cheoljong sitting at his throne. He stares at the public appeal, which is upside down, with lazy and confused eyes. The room is thick with silence, and his royal court holds their breath as they await his decision. King Cheoljong declares, “Do as you please. That is what I want,” and the government officials can’t hold in their pleased smiles.

However, everything changes at night. His eyes grow sharp, and he is no longer a clueless puppet king. His expression is solemn with charisma, and he deftly whishes out his sword with a determined glint in his eyes. The only one who knows this side of him is Kim So Yong. She watches him with distrustful eyes and comments, “Geez, he’s one suspicious dude.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439063wpp/watch-kim-jung-hyun-turns-into-two-faced-king-with-mysterious-secret-in-mr-queen

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I love historical dramas and I love fantasy elements like the bodyswap trope so I'm looking forward to this! Also, he looks very handsome, even if I knew nothing about the drama, this alone would pique my interest!

19fd9682f10ce5f587b406ea6e1043d2e280d8ee

3e2a9e3b921393add6f5a5258c1ea2a55cb43ee8

• Like 7
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후