Quantcast

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

Watch: Shin Hye Sun Tries Desperately To Get Back To The 21st Century In New Drama Teaser

a1c5020137e94c6bb6a5f74c3479cfbe.jpeg?s=

Nov 11, 2020
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “No Touch Princess” has released a new teaser!

“No Touch Princess” is a historical fusion drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the queen with the soul of Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside.

In the first teaser for the drama, Shin Hye Sun reacts with shock at being in the wrong body in the wrong time period. In the second teaser, Shin Hye Sun refuses to accept her fate and tries desperately to get back to her proper time.

The teaser begins with Shin Hye Sun looking listless and not responding to her attendants, who think that she is ill. It shifts to some comic scenes in which Shin Hye Sun tries all sorts of things to return to the 21st century, including hitting her head hard and sticking her head under water.

Everyone in the palace panics at her bizarre actions, and in the end the attendant says, “Fetch the royal physician. The queen is acting strange.” Shin Hye Sun then goes down on her knees and cries out to heaven, “I just want to go back!”

“No Touch Princess” premieres on December 12 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437089wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-tries-desperately-to-get-back-to-the-21st-century-in-new-drama-teaser

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hi everyone, I’m so looking forward to this drama! Just watching the teasers makes me laugh out loud :joy: 

I do have a question for those who have seen the original c-drama Go Princess Go.

I can’t imagine how they’re going to make the man’s soul fall in love with another man unless he’s been closeted gay? Or closeted transgender?

Or is this drama purely about platonic friendship between two men? And where did the soul of the real Queen Cheorin go? Her soul just vanished? Giving how ultra conservative South Korea is, I’m really wandering how they’re going to pull this off.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, aisling said:

I can’t imagine how they’re going to make the man’s soul fall in love with another man unless he’s been closeted gay? Or closeted transgender?

There have been some dramas with gay characters (My unfamiliar family, Love with flaws, replay 1997, At eighteen, Romance is bonus book, Hi, Dracula, Itaewon class, Life is beautiful). If you watch korean movies there have been themes in many movies. So do not think it is impossible for this drama to portray it. Even though they maybe gonna do it in a subtile ways consider Shin hye sun gonna play this character for the most part in the drama. At least they in some form have to acknowledge this since they have written the character as him in the queen body. Let´s see what they gonna do. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi! :star:

On 11/11/2020 at 9:46 AM, kiefshi1056 said:

Im pretty sure this drama will be a big hit 

It seems tvN is treating it that way. The drama is practically pre-produced since shooting will end in December around the time NTP/QC starts airing. I've read some comments made by knets on youtube and many of them say: "the end of year drama is always the best" so I think expectations are high. Many of them also talk about SHS&KJH's synergy and chemistry even though it hasn't been fully showcased yet. The number of episodes is quite telling too. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think tvN has released a 20 episode drama this year. My impression is that tvN has a lot of confidence in it because there are many episodes, and once the drama starts airing they won't be able to change the plot or the storylines. Everything will have been shot by then. Yeah, they are making quite a bet with this drama. I don't know if it will be a hit, but tvN is promoting it a lot and, so far, it has worked: when they confirmed the cast for the drama QC/NTP trended #2 on Naver (I think it was around July) and, after the first teaser was released, it trended #2 again. Number 1 was the US elections, so that's quite a reaction to a 15'' teaser. The latest teaser has over 300.000 views on Youtube too. I think tvN really wants it to be a hit and it's investing a lot in it. Let's hope it does become one.

I think the plot is super interesting, crazy and intriguing, and I love both SHS and KJH and their stellar acting. 

On 11/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, aisling said:

Hi everyone, I’m so looking forward to this drama! Just watching the teasers makes me laugh out loud :joy: 

I do have a question for those who have seen the original c-drama Go Princess Go.

Or is this drama purely about platonic friendship between two men? And where did the soul of the real Queen Cheorin go? Her soul just vanished? Giving how ultra conservative South Korea is, I’m really wandering how they’re going to pull this off.

Spoiler

I don't know why but I don't think it will be a remake of the original. Cheoljong, for example, has absolutely no similarities with the male lead in GPG. I watched it and the lead in that drama was not weak or dumb, pretty much the opposite. 

I highly doubt the romance will be between the chef and Cheoljong. The SK church would cry bloody murder if they were to show something like that. I'm completely ok with BL stories, but I don't think tvN wants a conflict of that nature after the chaos that was Crash Landing on You. 

I'm really curious about how they will make the romance work tbh. It would be great if they could stick to the original romance and get support from the audience because that would be a HUGE step for SK and its LGBT community.

I'm super excited! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I like everything about this drama so far. I hope it delivers. :hwaiting:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

@sw33tm3lody agreed with you :)

Personal opinion I think the news that this drama was from the original 'Go Princess Go' may give some misleading ideas and too much worried about the sexual aspect. 

Instead of using the word 'remake' , I think it should be more considered as an 'adaptation of' or 'inspired by' the original drama.  I have confidence that this Korean version will be much better and it will not much focus on sexual elements, instead it will give a feeling of 'cute+funny' rather than 'sexy+disgusting' like some fans are being worried. The reason I can think of are

• The character of the modern man whose soul was trapped in Queen's body.  The Korean version change the role from a playboy to a Blue House's chef.  So I think rather than spending time chasing court ladies like the original, we may see more of cooking scenes from So-Yong. And don't forget Kim In-Kwon will play the role of Royal chef, there must be funny scenes of him bickering with So-Yong about cooking. 
  • They also change the role of the Queen's maid from young lady to middle age Sanggung. From the teaser we can see that this gave us more feeling of funny/comdey rather than sexy role like the original. So we may not see much of flirting scene between So-Yong and her maid ladies.
  • The way they use real historical figures and actual time in this drama instead of just making up like some drama (e.g. 'Kingdom') . I think it's a hint that the story will be also about the political conflict and there will be more serious part.
  • The writer's name. I don't think the famous writer like him will throw away his reputation by writing the absurd comedy. 
  • The production team of tvN, Studio dragon, YG compared to low-budget original drama. As we saw lots of leaked shooting photo earlier, the production teams travelled to many places to shoot this drama. They spent 8 months shooting from Spring, Summer to Autumn, so we can surely see lots of beautiful scenes from different seasons. And the costumes, from the teaser, wow...the queen's hanbok is very beautiful. 
  • This drama will be aired internatinally , not like the original that was internet/web drama. So the content can't be focus to much on sexual or dirty scenes.
  • And the most important reason is the actors.  If the script is not good, why those good actors agreed to be in this drama ? And why will tvN make it 20 episodes if the drama story just telling about sexual or BL scenes ?

From all above points, so now I'm more than ready to watch this drama.

Fighting 'No Touch Princess'

:hwaiting:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Kim Dong Wook surprised his former co-star Seol In Ah with a sweet gift!

On November 13, Seol In Ah took to Instagram to reveal that Kim Dong Wook had sent a coffee -and-snacks truck to the set of her upcoming MBC drama “No Touch Princess.”

The actress shared a photo of herself posing happily in front of the truck with a cup of coffee and wrote, “Thanks to Dong Wook, both my heart and my stomach were full. I’m filled with endless gratitude.” She added in the hashtags, “Kim Dong Wook,” “a loyal, loyal oppa,” and “No Touch Princess.”

The banner on the truck sent by Kim Dong Wook reads, “Cheering on In Ah and the cast and crew of ‘No Touch Princess.’ From actor Kim Dong Wook.” Another banner next to the truck similarly reads, “To the cast and crew of ‘No Touch Princess,’ please enjoy [the coffee and snacks], and find strength for today’s shoot as well.”

“No Touch Princess” will premiere on December 12 at 9 p.m. KST

• Like 6

We had an interesting day today. :star:

Shin Hyesun (and TVN!) crashed Kim Junghyun's Instagram live! He asked SHS if she's going to do an IG live in the future, and she said that she will (YAY! He's so gonna crash it xD). They are so cute. This is the second time Hyesun joins his IG live to tease him. They are the cutest. Btw, both Hyesun (queen: @zzang_cowdragon) and Junghyun (king: @iron_bell_2) made an Instagram for their respective characters. They follow each other and interact too.

And we got stills!!!  :hooray2: :heartxoxo:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

hmmm a man traps in side a queen body? It’s weird if he is not gay or transgender. I’m curious how they gonna make him fall in love with the ML. 

I think Korean will be fine with it since it will be mostly Shin Hyesun making the appearance so more like a heterosexual relationship than a gay one. There is this historical drama called Painter of the Wind starred by Moon Geun Young as main lead & Moon Chaewon as a supporting lead. Moon Geun Young portrayed a painter,  Shin Yunbok who is a real person, who disguised herself as a man and Moon Chaewon character fell in love with ‘him’ & once she figured out she still love her. They won best couple award.

I trust Shin Hye Sun & will definitely looking forward to it. I need a kdrama to watch. Non of the currently aired drama catch me attention. I love Kim Jung Hyun since Welcome to Waikiki. Cannot wait!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

“Mr. Queen” Shares Glimpse Of Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun’s Entertaining Chemistry As Royal Couple

c494e48073c34c2cae84b2fb0fcfc97d.jpeg?s=

Nov 16, 2020
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mr. Queen” has released new stills of Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun.

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fusion drama about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty.

Shin Hye Sun’s character is a combination of the soul of Jang Bong Hwan, a free-spirited chef working in the Blue House, and the body of Kim So Yong, a queen living in the Joseon dynasty. Kim Jung Hyun takes the role of King Cheoljong, who seems like a weak and ineffective king on the outside but has a sharp and strong-willed side that he keeps hidden.

The new stills give a peek at Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun in character. First of all, Shin Hye Sun transforms into Kim So Yong who is actually Jang Bong Hwan. She looks graceful in an extravagant blue gown, but her sulky expression points out she’s not happy about becoming a queen overnight.

On the other hand, Kim Jung Hyun poses as King Cheoljong, the two-faced king who hides secrets behind his innocent smile. He gives off an elegant aura in his royal robes, but he makes sure to conceal his brightness with bored eyes. With his charismatic and sly acting, Kim Jung Hyun will show a new side as a king who knows how to deceive people with his easygoing facade.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438060wpp/mr-queen-shares-glimpse-of-shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyuns-entertaining-chemistry-as-royal-couple

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후