[Drama 2020] Postpartum Care Center, 산후조리원

larus

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

18 hours ago, Jillia said:

P.S.: I'm so sad for Yoon Ji and her baby....... :(

im not sure if the preview was out to mislead or i have a wrong impression

Spoiler

could it be her who has been swapping the milk bottles for Hyun Jin’s gluestick?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Because:

Spoiler

we were only revealed that her baby is very sick, but i din realise that the baby isn’t in the birth care center but has always been at the hospital.. its only towards the ending of the ep then we saw her and her husband at the morgue..

Scared Jurassic Park GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Jillia we are “discussing in spoiler tags” HAHAHA i can’t quote spoiler tags

happy giggle GIF

Spoiler

i can’t remember if i saw her with her baby.. but perhaps the morgue scene only came about as recent as ep6 ending.. the baby could have been under PICU or something before he/she finally didn’t manage to pull through when she left the birth care center to visit.. time to fastforward and rewatch the episodes!

fail growing up GIF by Return-It Gang

^ Sprout

• Like 2

My friends @Jillia and @H0ney both your posts hits all the aspects I loved in this weeks drama.

-I too was a bit uncomfortable about the "boobs" and mastitis but on the other hand---their witty humor to make something so uncomfortable informative, funny and relatable (no easy feat).

-the golden poop part---got me acting like the leading lady. Gagging and thinking OMG.  But if I had kids, knowing the digestive health of your child IS important. I mean lets be honest, who DOESN'T look at their own? (You can tell a lot about what you ate, your own health monitoring your own. Yes it is gross and personal but for your health's sake important.) 

-Our main lady and her man--- doesn't hurt I love Yoon Park as an actor their red herrings throwing to us thinking he was cheating when he was NOT. That smirk at the consultation was more for his frustration wanting to have relations with her and not being able to wait another 6 weeks (instead of her wrongly thinking he doesn't find her attractive anymore). YES I concur my friends I LOVE him as the best hubby in kdramas so far! I mean he even went as far to try to ask his mom to help his wife. Until his own younger sis made evil eyes at his attempt. He was ecstatic to buy a carriage. He loves his wife and thinks she looks beautiful ALL the time. Just only when he had his hemorroids flare up and pain is when he had the same desire as her to not show his most embarrassing moments. Then her with her mastitis as a counter part. Also his willingness to be a house husband to let her work. OMG LOVE him. Finding out their romance and sweet kiss under the table was adorbs. The fact she first met him, he was still in uniform. He must have PURSUED her hard to find her and then get her to marry him. AWWWWW love these two. So to be married and have a a child at 40 is a MIRACLE child and blessing for sure for our lovebirds.

Saw posts of the drama ep 5 clips to hold us over.

more in the spoilers of this week's clips

Spoiler

• Like 3

@pauliza Welcome to the Forum! Yup, sadly this is only slated for 8 episodes I read it looking it up. I think this is a great drama. Sad it is short but glad it was MADE. We can still enjoy it right til the end and always rewatch our fave parts.

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this week episodes as well. I knew that Do Yoon is not having an affair but I did not think that he is hiding  a medical problem. I am glad everything was resolved. I loved the scene where both of them were "broken" and hugged. I love them together. 

I guessed right that the young man who came at the center was Roo Da`s baby daddy but I was a surprised that he was the son of the director too. :D

I thought Alex Choi was a man too.

The "fight" between Hyun Jin and Eun Jung over the babysitter was funny. :D

Two more episodes left. I don`t know when time passed.

• Like 4

Reasons Why Viewers Want A 2nd Season Of “Birthcare Center”

2bb284a861814812ad03dceb2a8d1650.jpeg?s=

Nov 23, 2020
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Birthcare Center” is nearing its finale!

“Birthcare Center” is an eight-part noir series following Oh Hyun Jin (Uhm Ji Won) as she adapts to life as a new mom. Although she is the youngest executive at her company, she is the oldest mom at the postpartum care center where she’s staying. She went through a rough time giving birth and must now grow into her new role as a mom while interacting with the fellow mothers at the center. During her stay there, she meets Jo Eun Jung (Park Ha Sun), another mother at the center who is known as the “queen bee.”

Viewers have grown to love “Birthcare Center” for its unique directing and realistic portrayal of postpartum motherhood. The drama also included comedic moments, such as when Jang Hye Jin and Uhm Ji Won perfectly parodied “Snowpiercer,” while Yoon Park dressed up as if he had hair loss. On top of all that, Uhm Ji Won and Park Ha Sun fought intensely like martial arts masters to take the position of the babysitter.

Birthcare-Center.jpg

In addition to the hilarious comedy, the drama highlighted the stories of the mothers within the postpartum care center, making viewers tear up with their stories while emphasizing that it is okay to be clumsy and mess up. Even in recent episodes, “Birthcare Center” covered the concerns and choices a mother has to deal with as well has what they lose in the process. In episode 6, viewers were also captivated by a relatable conversation between Uhm Ji Won and her mother.

Birthcare-Center-3.jpg

Scriptwriter Kim Ji Soo chose “honesty” as the most important aspect while writing the drama. She shared, “After giving birth and becoming a mother, ‘mother mode’ doesn’t begin right away. I wanted to talk honestly in an interesting way about how even after people become mothers, their greed for work, success, and love are still very vividly alive. Even if they haven’t experienced giving birth, I hope viewers relate, have fun, and gain comfort from watching.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1439445wpp/reasons-why-viewers-want-a-2nd-season-of-birthcare-center

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Postpartum Care Center, 산후조리원

Idk if it's just me but when woo-seok brought rooda's father outta nowhere - he's crossed major trust boundaries. Maybe he should've had a serious conversation with her, but being 'family' isn't an excuse for anything. If Rooda didn't want shet to do with him, there must've been a reason. Not all fathers/mothers make good parents/beings. At least he eventually realized what a scum the father is and his wrongdoing.

Eunjung's arc went pretty well. She had some dislikable moments earlier on, yet she learned to accept working moms and confronted her husband's lack of support. I wasn't concerned for her starting an affair with the delivery guy as she had 3 kids to think about. 

I got so worried when hyunjin said she was taking a year off from work. 

It totally looks like they're still planning to replace her with alex...

Yoonji's/og gluestick's story was so saddening. Was wondering what happened to her all episode.

At least we got resolution and see her coming to terms with the incident. My idiot self thought Raon went missing bc of yoonji > hyunjin disappearing. 

Lmfao cha taehyun's cameo tho. I knew the nursing lady was his mother, but I didn't expect him to show.

This drama wrapped up nicely. It was like watching fellow students grow & graduate. 

I didn't have much complains - maybe bc the episodes were kept short, thus conflict short?

:byebye2:

• Like 3

i love all the wild imaginations Hyun Jin has for Gluestick (Ra On)... where Yoon Park plays all the roles of teenage/adult Gluestick!

dumb and dumber laughing GIF

i'm glad the plot did not end up with Hyun Jin applying 1yr sabbatical leave cos that would have been the stereotypical way of how everyone expects mothers to choose.. and possibly end up everyone will continue to have the same expectations that working mothers must give up their careers for their babies (although not saying it shouldn't be the way as well).

5 hours ago, tofumochu said:

Eunjung's arc went pretty well. She had some dislikable moments earlier on, yet she learned to accept working moms and confronted her husband's lack of support. 

i was happy for her as well. at least, her hubby was truly clueless and assumed she was really ok when she said she is ok. well, i have to agree that, guys are usually "simple minded" they do not analyze the deep meanings behind every word of woman.

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

i love Roo Da and the Director hahaha! they totally clicked! and see how Roo Da said good bye with a raised palm and she responded the same! lol

thanks everyone during this fun ride here!

:issohappy:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OMG ended but I only saw ep 7. I have yet to watch ep 8. Very busy week as Thanksgiving here and plan to watch it tonight.

Gosh though ep 7 was great. Just an amazing drama.

-To find out the other mom sent those notes and her own baby was NOT Sprout but actually Glue Stick

(Her story was sad --IVF, 2 miscarriages etc. ) But her mental state was not good and befriending our FL to get closer to Glue Stick. It was a bit hairy and the center SHOULD have told the FL. This was not right and thank goodness that nothing SERIOUS happened

-Liked FL got good news for her support for a simple name for product and that sold like hot cakes and the company wants her back to talk to her. YES! This was a boast of confidence our FL needed and her struggles with Glue Stick and work. But also she got to see the hard trials of another mom's struggles and has chance to reflect on her situation. Sprout but actually the other Glue Stick's mom was projecting but OMG a bit scary though a bit towards the end

-Queen Bee going to the press conference for her hubby, her leaking Milk and trying to hide it and not ABLE to tell her HUBBY who was embarrassed and not understanding. It was uncomfortable but realistic and embarrassing. I am glad she went to the piano recital. 

-The thoughts of having MALE friends or friend of the opposite gender is not unheard of actually. I had one Korean friend tell me and a Taiwanese friend (both male) they would STOP all female friends after getting married. (I was like WHAT?)  So it is definitely NOT unheard of for sure.

-Roo Da (not liking her real name and cute she HAD to show her license reluctantly) and her issues with her parents. Wonder what it is that she doesn't want to talk about them, def cool she likes her partner's mom the center's director. Glad she is taking her advice as not hindering your and Yomi but HELPING you achieve them if you take care of YOURSELF. YEAH. Glad she is doing what the others are for their bodies and health. 

-FL hubby with Roo da's partner about the importance of choosing the right name. So TRUE I know that for Chinese (we don't repeat relative's names). Their are some rules but one character for the generation---so for my siblings and I we share the character for "family" in our names. And so on and so on. So it was cool to see how the cameo name person was HILARIOUS. 

Looking forward to watching ep 8.  It has been fun chatting with you all.

I will  post about ep 8 after I watch it. I hope to read others thoughts too if there are others who want to post.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I liked this drama. It had humor, serious issues, friendships. I like that it was a short drama too. I think it was a good drama and it was just my cup of tea.

I loved all the characters and it had good cameos.

Jung Sang Hoon was hilarious (as always ) in the fortune teller character. And seeing Cha Tae Hyun and his on-screen mom I was sure they are mother and son in real life. I checked and indeed Choi Soo Min is Cha Tae Hyun`s mother and she is a famous voice actress.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@larus OMG cool I did not know. I was thinking if the actress was Cha Tae Hyun's mom. Looking at them, I could see the family resemblance and thanks for saving me the research to figure it out.

@Sejabin Thanks for your thoughts on ep 7 . Have a good trip.

I was off yesterday as Thanksgiving here holiday. I finally caught ep 8 last night.

EP 8 thoughts

-OMG agreed with @larus Perfect 8 episode drama, thought I would have seen more it would be too much

-Seeing that Roo da's boyfriend/partner learned he did wrong to her asking her dad to see her. Then later he confessed and told her why he did what he did. (YES communication people works) So she is able to accept why he did it not with bad intentions. Then she explained to him due to her dad and mom's suffering her issues with marriage. Then to have his mom the Director tell her it is ok to have those thoughts but not all will be bad like her mom's situation. Awww loved them.  Glad she was willing to take the plunge and she has a MAN who is way better than her own father. Who her now fiance saw was not caring for his daughter and only had dollar signs in mind. Then he realized the dad lied about being sick.

-Queen bee FINALLY talking with her hubby saying I want to be happy. So when her hubby finally told her confessed she was not the cause of his slump and he was embarrassed to face her and the family due to it. Also telling her, he took her at face value "it is fine" and never thought beyond it. I mean at the photo shoot with her breasts leaking milk he did NOT know. She still did not tell him. It took the reporter apologizing and him FINALLY putting two and two together seeing the pics. Glad she said you said EVERYTHING was important. They are finally able to heal and YES people communication does wonders. (Then again both parties have to be willing to listen too)

(Glad the pianist / delivery man told her to BE HAPPY you have that right. Awww.) 

Nice that Queen Bee and the Director both said it is ok to be selfish. YOU have to be a happy mom for your child to be happy. So the Director giving the premium formula and the Queen Bee who is all about time with the baby let our FL be at ease for wanting to take on that amazing opportunity and private label. I thought that was nice.

The ending saying they ALL were from all different walks of life (especially in the FL room to be a farewell gathering) was lovely. All are interesting women joined by their common plight--just having a newborn baby. I liked it was a cycle and now the others left you have the new batch of new moms arrive.

The caregiver who gives voice to the babies (she did annoy me at time not going to lie) to hear from her son to be patient she wanted to be a voice actress and her son knows her so well. OMG I liked learning that about her character.

Just a feel good drama and just happy. Poor Yoon Park looking ridiculous as their son as an adult in those imaginary scenes was HILARIOUS. Seeing him uber be OCD cleaning their home before he arrived, WOAH.

Glad I caught this drama it was amazing.

Thanks all for being on this journey-new friends and old. Loved this drama and see you around!

@larus@Sejabin @Jillia @sadthe1st @cafe99 @balletgoddess @jongski @rocher22 @SuZy Leoo @tofumochu @agenth @emmie @qynn @nat_phoenix88 @pauliza

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Popping in to say this drama was a refreshing and charming. I was rather amazed there was such a place as a convalescent home for new mothers, but it’s a fab idea! 

why did they divide up into greens and pinks? 

anyway, loved that the story was tight and to the point, and showed everyone’s POV’s within 8 episodes. Good job, writers!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

57th Baeksang Arts Awards Announces Nominees For TV And Film Categories

Apr 12, 2021
by S. Nam

The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards has announced its nominees for the television and film categories!

The candidates were chosen among dramas, shows, and films that aired or were released between May 1, 2020 and April 11, 2021. However, works that were released during last year’s screening period were also included in this year’s pool. 40 industry experts were surveyed ahead of the final nominations.

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actress

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463689wpp/57th-baeksang-arts-awards-announces-nominees-for-tv-and-film-categories

Congratulation for the nominations.

• Like 1