[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

It’s really disappointing that the senior (the dads acquaintance) supports In Jae as the girl in the sandbox logo cos she actually abandoned her father and his surname. It was not a simple choice to choose her mom. It was materialistically driven :heartbreak: But from episode 6 I’m guessing that she repented her decision and that memory did mean something to her so it makes sense now!

For Mr Han I feel that he’s not really attracted to So Dal Mi as of now. It’s more like a sentimental and emotional attachment to the concept of family, belonging and indebtness/guilt for the past. It’s also the history of being alone and still feeling lonely after all the success. He seems to be at the point of life where he’s evaluating success vs that need for longing for family and loved ones to share it with and wondering why does the exceptional success still feel empty. Having said that he did feel a connection to those letters in his lonely life. So It’s a lot of emotions mixed but it’s not really just love for her that he’s feeling right now. 
for So Dalmi and Nam Do San I think their ethics and basic personalities are very similar that’s why the attraction besides the looks of course. And work wise they compensate for each others flaws. Many couple company founders are opposites that somehow complement each other. Though it starts with a lie their bond is growing due to the real them coming together.There might be hiccups when the truth is revealed but I think their bond is just meant to get stronger.  ❤️

Edited by Raynaa
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

I hate Injae so much to the point that i cried last night! She such a shameless n evil character. I thought she wants to be independenly successful, yet she get into sandbox, stole other team’s idea... wuttt??? And why her dad is there being as one of the judges??

there is no right or wrong desicion when choosing who you wanted to stay with. They choose mom/dad base on what they wanted/needed at that time. She should stop trying to prove that Dalmi made a wrong decision. Why, gurl?? Why you even bother to do  that?

Actually I don’t think IJ stole DM’s idea. The data sets are free for any groups to choose.  IJ’s concept is different from DM and IJ team did expose the weakness in DS algorithm but in a fair way without any foul play. 

Both sisters are equally hang up on who made the “right” choice and not just IJ.  Although I don’t agree with this idea of right or wrong choice and don’t see the point of it because clearly, the adults were the ones who made the wrong choices and both sisters are victims. They suffered equally, just in different ways.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

So, ep5 was soo good.. Although i see some notable Reasons while a lot of people ship SDM and HJP, probably due to their backstory in the past.. But starting from  ep6 NSD backstory will start coming to light which we've seen in the preview.. And i think This should be absolutely necessary cus he deserves more screen time.. And people need to see a connection between the two main leads. the writer has given a enough for HJP. cus if not, he totally looks like the main lead.. Although NSD's geeky nature is cool and cute.. He is still missing that vibe to start using his ego and become more logical when making decisions and ofcouse unveil his competitive spirit.. 

And i think there is going to be a lot of twist.. let's wait and see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

Actually I don’t think IJ stole DM’s idea. The data sets are free for any groups to choose.  IJ’s concept is different from DM and IJ team did expose the weakness in DS algorithm but in a fair way without any foul play. 

Both sisters are equally hang up on who made the “right” choice and not just IJ.  Although I don’t agree with this idea of right or wrong choice and don’t see the point of it because clearly, the adults were the ones who made the wrong choices and both sisters are victims. They suffered equally, just in different ways.

I agree with you. Both sisters are equally hang up on who made the “right” choice.

I don't understand why people are only hating In-Jae when the grandma, HJP and NDS were lying to her in the face as well.

In-Jae is just been realistic

• Like 2

What a sad ending to EP6. Grandma got problem with her eyes and somehow NDS knows about it. Both NDS and Grandma seems like they are going to cry because of it. Probably SDM just think both of them are like that because they haven't met for so long. Maybe NDS and grandma will be close because of this secret.

I think HJP started to develop some feeling for SDM in this episode. He also look shocked when he heard SDM thought he was going after her when help NDS. I wonder what will happen if he said yes at that moment. Seeing how the writer treats SL in the past, I feel like HJP will help SDM alot along the way but she will be clueless about his feelings until he gave her a goodbye hug in the end.

Also, I'm rooting for Sa Ha - Chul San couple!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Tbh.. i dislike Suzy in reality. hahaha but I watched all her dramas. Idk why. Uncontrollaby Fond, Gu Family Book, Vagabond., While you were sleeping.. hahahah god damn it. 

I am so sad for Han Ji Pyeong. Imagine the pain of growing up alone and maturing alone. No one is there to mentor him except himself and yet the grandma affection struck him until now. 

I like the writing in drama- realistic in business making.

I guess the drama turning point will be about revenge - grandma sickness - truth. 

Grandma's sickness - she will beg Do San to continue lies as Dal Mi is happy. She will use her sickness as an excuse. I guess she is having an eye cataract if she's at the doctor for the vision loss?? Right now Dal Mi is at a momentum where she felt happy, content with the achievement of SandBox. And grandma afraid her sickness will take it away just like her restaurant.

Revenge - will it be about Han Ji Pyeong or the Director of SandBox or InJae? Maybe one of startup people reaches a burning point and suicide. I guess storm is brewing. The person stops infront of InJae company. Perhaps a mistake/sin in her previous job.

HJP is also a possibility as his character is quite bold and daring. So maybe he shot down several start up from maturing due to start up is failing. To avoid loss in cost-finance

• Like 3

OMG NOO nothing bad can happen to grandma! someone better tell HJP to get the best doctor or something for her! When DS stayed after to talk to HJP, i wonder if he was going to mention it to her. I don't know. I feel like if something happened to grandma, it will be a turning point for DM. So sad, she already lost her dad, don't take away grandma too!!

Okay back to DM-DS-HJP. I am honestly having MAJOR second lead syndrome. I tried giving DM and DS a chance but I just can't relate. I feel like this is my issue: there isn't much depth. DS met DM because of HJP. HJP didn't make him; he offered to do it himself after reading those letters. But even after reading those letters, he felt bad for her. He couldn't relate. Remember he said why walk with no destination when you know where to go? HJP related to DM, but DS didn't. I feel like he's only "attracted" to DM because in his entire life, he has been faced with challenges and failures and for once in his life, someone wholeheartedly supports and believes in him - but I can't say that it's love. DM's trust and support of him is only because she mistaken him to be HJP. That's also why I can't understand when DS is getting all irritated at HJP. Sure, HJP is blunt and criticizes him, but is he wrong? His idea has not attracted any investors thus far - and HJP was right, Samsan tech needs a CEO. I guess right now I'm only seeing DS' character being all pissed off at HJP because of all the constructive criticism he's receiving and he doesn't like it. And his "love" for DM? I don't buy it. 

HJP on the other hand, although I can't say that he's in love with DM - I don't think that he is, I feel like he relates to her more. He questions himself at times on why he puts himself in situations, but somehow finds an excuse to go back and help, whether it's for grandma's sake or because he feels bad. HJP is someone who can help DM grow and prosper in this field. But most importantly, he relates to her, and he sees her when she's most vulnerable in front of her sister. He sees the side of her being sad, hurt, crying, whereas DS does not. DS doesn't even really comfort her. I don't know, perhaps his awkward personality, but I don't see much development there.

We are already 6 episodes in, and right now, I'm a die hard HJP-DM shipper. I will be devastated when they don't end up together. I hate how the writer set up this story in terms of relationships. WHY NOT HJP!! Maybe DS' storyline will be better as we move through more episodes, but right now, I'm not feeling it.

Somehow I have a gut feeling that grandma will be a turning point that will come up for DM's life, but I feel like, ifs something does happen to grandma, it would pull HJP and DM much closer, but why is he the second lead. WAEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, aisling said:

BTW the plot is currently set in 2016 apparently. So I guess there will be a significant time jump to 2020.

That makes me very nervous, especially now we’ve learned about Grandma’s condition.

Yeahh the plot is 2016 but the phones, the handbags, the jewellery are/were all in 2019-2020 collection release...hahaha

Even that damn AI  fortune teller HJP having hate-love relationship

• Like 1

I am a NJH fan but I have major second lead syndrome. Kim Seon ho is amazing in the drama. Plus Suzy and NJH don’t have chemistry and their attraction seems baseless. I like this drama but I’m more taken by Kim Seon ho and grandma 

• Like 5

Ep 5-6 has me firmly on the Han Ji Pyeong train, even if I was kinda-sorta okay with NDS-DM in a couple of scenes in the previous episodes. I quite like the geeky NDS, especially the fact that he has a heart of gold and I think he too is a victim in all this. But the way he interjected at the end of ep 5 (he was probably excited about getting into Sandbox), but again in ep6, when DM wanted to go ask HJP about the extra length he went to to help them, I was exasperated. That's also "usually" the second-lead behaviour. Then came the rooftop conversation between DM-HJP. The choice of words there - 'why are you choosing me, you might regret it...' was weird IMO. That's usually how leads talk. Plus, I was totally taken aback that DM actually considered that he might be interested in her. And finally, the part where he ticks her off for not solving a problem as a CEO and then goes home to ponder about whether he was too harsh... whether she would understand... 

This drama is just turning all the classic tropes on their head, and while I usually complain about the clichés, now that a drama is doing it, I guess I don't like it :sweat_smile:. Chemistry is always subjective, so I'll leave that aside. I also just realized that Start-up reminds me of 'She Was Pretty', only it's asking to root for the 'fake' Kim Hye Jin and I am not liking that one bit. The way DM is acting this way around NDS is coz she thinks he is THE NDS. 

Having said that, the show might come up with incidents that will see her getting to know him in the present, while HJP realizes that he does in fact like her. The preview for ep 7 seems to be going there. Which means more heartbreak for me, yay!

• Like 4

On 11/1/2020 at 6:41 AM, yoyo_icecube said:

and Han Ji Pyeong, i pity him for not getting the girl. But he made it that way. 

Its Kdrama gift to all fans...the male lead belongs to to the female lead, the perfect 2nd male lead belongs to the fans:D

On 11/1/2020 at 3:30 PM, ChunSungIm said:

here my some thoughts

1. In jae still want to prove something that her choice is not wrong,so she entered sand box although it seems she kinda dissapointed when his step father step up as panel judge to both team.

2. Sorry to offend han jin pyeong supporter,but hes kinda lack in terms of shares his emotions and feeling. from child until adult hes always been like there. hes good businessman but thats it. At first grandma tell him to revealed he is nam do san,the one that write the letter,but but when both sides asked why they do that, only real nam do san said he likes dal mi.

also The image that dal mi potrays about nam do san from a child to adult by a letter for the first time is geek nam do san,not han ji pyeong. and thats makes dalmi happy.

Yes I agree on this. Young Dalmi is not in love with ‘Young Nam Dosan. She’s only has an illusion being love with the author of the letters. And it wasn’t a real person, just creation of Grandma & Jipyeong. The real Jipyeong, young & old, might be very smart in business deals but is lacking in EQ, harsh & blunt. There’s no way he can write those letters with wisdom of a 50-year-old. However although he is a nerd, real Dosan is sensitive & wiser than his age...the way he noticed little thing that others often missed. I.e The different way between Dalmi & Injae question to work with him. Also what drawn him to go to the Networking party was the content of Dalmi letters & her sincere request to him moves him.

And even if its true Jipyeong is Dalmi’s ‘first love’, she seems like to have slowly move on from young ‘Dosan’ to the present Dosan, the moment she met him for real. He even made her heart beat now. So I think even if she knows it was Jipyeong who wrote the letters at her Grandma request, her heart has already open up to the real Dosan

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1