Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been bothered by some of Do San's actions here and there but I figured it'll get better as the drama progresses. But in this episode, I'm further bothered by his actions. Yes, he wants to tell Dalmi the truth but it's not because he sincerely wants her to know the truth, it's more like he's confident her feelings for him is stronger than the feelings Dalmi has for the person who wrote the letters (Ji Pyeong). I keep seeing his actions as selfish. His hostility towards Ji Pyeong is annoying. And the way he seems to think he's entitled to be the one to tell her also bothers me. This drama is interesting in that the male lead's behaviors are that of a typical second lead and the second lead is the one with a story like a male lead. The writer really found a great way to create a love triangle. You know the female lead and male lead will probably end up together but keep eyeing the second lead. 

 

When it comes to revealing the truth, I really want to see grandma be the one to tell her. She's the one who created this. I just hope Dalmi doesn't end up finding out on her own. The deception is painful. I get that Do San and Dalmi will probably end up together since they are leads in this drama but the way the writer is bringing them together is not really appealing at all. I'd rather see the writer just go a completely different route and they don't end up together. And the kiss scene would have been nicer if it occurred after Dalmi found out the truth and she still chooses him. Here, it still looks like deception.  

 

I think Dalmi is kind of emotionally attached to Ji Pyeong although she doesn't know why. She sent him 400 texts into the night, dozens of emails, saw him from such a far distance, and keeps calling him. She even showed up to his office and also to the parking lot of his home? And she listened in on his conversation without knowing he's actually trying to throw away her plant? LOL. I get it he's her mentor but that's pretty intense behavior from her. And I'm sure some of these questions she's asking could be answered somewhere else. Yet she keeps bothering him continuously as he's trying to push her away. Why?

 

I like the dynamic between Dalmi and Ji Pyeong and how he's teaching her about business and silently helping her succeed and she's teaching him about emotions and to accept help from others. I also like that when he denied her incombustible bag and was being his typical emotional porcupine, she fought back and says she wants to be nosy too because she likes it when he's nosy. That was cute. UGHHH why is the writer bringing such torture. He's already trying to distance himself from her and here she is pushing her way into his life. Typically, second leads are the ones pushing to be in the female leads life. He's trying to stay away and she's the pushing herself into his life. Writer-nim, leave Ji Pyeong alone and stop torturing him unless you plan for them to be together. Otherwise, stop it. It's cruel.  

  • Like 8
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got to see the the Finale. So glad the momentum picked up again and the ending was great and satisfying, more than I could have ever expected. This is so rare as even some of the best dramas’

Hi all. Dropping by here because it seems quiet peaceful. Tired of those super toxic stans, they're literally everywhere spreading hate to DS (even DM too). Some long time KSH fans (long before SU) ev

Hi guys..   So I have been reading here and there comments about how Nam Do San is violent and selfish ..and I've been asking myself are we seriously watching the same drama ? DS has ne

2 hours ago, UPSGirl said:

I see where you are coming from. But it was Do San who first tried to initiate coming clean that night. Jipyeong being Jipyeong, with his pride, tried to stop it by showing up. He is equally culpable with the lie. He did promise the grandma he’ll do everything he can so Dalmi won’t know. And he’s also lying to himself.  For someone who is so good at taking matters into his own hands and survive by his own-without anyone telling him what to do, he seems to be so clumsy and lost at handling his feelings and is too proud to admit that there actually could be something he is not good at.  Now contrast that with Do San, he is willing to step down, try things using a different perspective and be schooled in areas he knows nothing about. 
 

Ultimately, Do san jumped right back into the lying bandwagon out of respect for the grandmother’s wishes. He realized how fragile she is and how she is actually the reason why there is a lie in the first place. While that little pesky lie (Dosan posing as the penpal Dosan) still remains unaddressed, in many ways and many instances, he tried to inject his truth on his own, telling Dalmi he is not the same person he was 15 years ago, with Dalmi realizing (end scene epi 5) that this “Dosan’” is a bit different. While she prefers the penpal version, she is starting to like this current one. 
I don’t know, but I really dislike the idea of pitting characters against each other:  Dalmi vs In Jae/ Dosan vs Jipyeong. I guess it won’t be as interesting without competition or a fav character messing it all up or a even a triangle to keep us glued to the screen. But I really hate having to choose a side. Lol I guess that’s what the drama is trying to convey, deciding and owning up to your decisions because life is all about choices.

Also lastly, Jipyeong man, life is giving you moments, seize it for crying out loud! It’s frustrates me to no end that he keeps mulling on every little thing as if he has everything to lose by holding up,  like how he hesitates on getting close (not only with Dalmi but basically every one sometimes even with Grandma lol) it feels as if it’s an unprofitable investing decision he wants to avoid at all cost lol :P
 


Ji Pyeong is like Jung Hwan from “Reply 1988” all over again.
 

He’s had million chances to go forward and win Dal Mi’s heart, but he always hesitates and ends up being too late. 
 

This quote from Jung Hwan says it all. Either man up and seize your chance, or end up as the second one. 
 

“Fate doesn’t come around at any time. At the very least, to use the term fate, it has to be a dramatic moment brought by coincidence. That’s what makes it fate. That’s why, another term for fate, is timing. If I had not been caught at any of those damn traffic lights, if any of those red lights had helped me just once, I might be standing in front of her, as if it were fate. My first love was always held back by that damn thing called timing. That damned timing. 

 

But fate and timing aren’t just coincidences that find you. They are miraculous moments made from numerous choices arising out of earnestness. Surrender and decision, without hesitation, that is what makes timing. He (Taek) was more ardent. And I should have been more courageous. It was not the traffic light’s fault. It was not timing. It was my many hesitations. 
 

– Kim Jung Hwan

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aisling said:


Ji Pyeong is like Jung Hwan from “Reply 1988” all over again.
 

He’s had million chances to go forward and win Dal Mi’s heart, but he always hesitates and ends up being too late. 
 

This quote from Jung Hwan says it all. Either man up and seize your chance, or end up as the second one. 
 

“Fate doesn’t come around at any time. At the very least, to use the term fate, it has to be a dramatic moment brought by coincidence. That’s what makes it fate. That’s why, another term for fate, is timing. If I had not been caught at any of those damn traffic lights, if any of those red lights had helped me just once, I might be standing in front of her, as if it were fate. My first love was always held back by that damn thing called timing. That damned timing. 

 

But fate and timing aren’t just coincidences that find you. They are miraculous moments made from numerous choices arising out of earnestness. Surrender and decision, without hesitation, that is what makes timing. He (Taek) was more ardent. And I should have been more courageous. It was not the traffic light’s fault. It was not timing. It was my many hesitations. 
 

– Kim Jung Hwan

Thank you. I haven’t seen reply 1988, heh! But will go check it out, the only reply series I watched and actually liked was 1987 with Seo In Guk. If the writer seems to take JP’s character in the same route, then there is no point of seeing 1988 then.  :lol:sorry just teasing, I am sure it’s worth seeing and in some ways different than the one they are currently writing.

 

I think all we need to do is just sit back and let the writers do their thing.  They have the reins to drive the story, not us and its pretty much their prerogative where they want to take the story even if the direction doesn’t make sense to some of us. I find that by being too overly focused on a character could mean missing the real message and the gems of ideas it actually wants to convey. What I appreciate about Kdramas in general, is that it never suffers from fan pandering. When a story is conceived it gets written and the direction of the story is pretty much set.  I enjoy dissecting every character, as long as we do it objectively, but sometimes I can’t help being bias myself.  I am way more inclined to empathize and sympathize with an underdog character (more so if its being played by my fav actor) while look for faults/flaws on others who is least my favorite no matter how hard they try to be likable. Lol Now that I think of it,  it prevents me from enjoying the drama altogether.  So..I guess its time for me to cut back on the character critique for a moment, step back and just enjoy the drama for what it is.  
Anyway, I enjoyed this episode not because of the romance but the ideas thrown around during brainstorming/prototype testing sessions. The movie dork in me giggles in delight. The E.T (a clever homage to the movie ET) finger device lits up when you are perked up by emotions alluding to ET the alien’s finger lighting up when he wants to “phone home”. So freaking clever haha that I squealed in delight lmao. I tell you, this drama is so witty, funny and brilliant that I don’t care about who ends up with who, who gets what, or what ever happens.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished ep 7. Ok here my thought about their relationships. I'm so biased to NDS here xD.

 

I honestly got the vibe of "this was how your parents first meet" when NDS and SDM Saw each other for the first time. The backsound "you are my future future", that words may sound cheesy but it's always giving me sign.

 

But ofc still too soon for them to genuinely get attached each other. 

With "Future" song of Red Velvet for those two, i always thought that NDS represents future, and HJP as past and "illusion". She needed to meet real person whether it's NDS or HJP. 

 

But I'm glad they make it clearer in ep 7. I was soooo fangirling over NDS's for getting angry and broke that "CEO name". So was SDM. She wasn't sure about the present NDS at first but it grows in her as it progresses. I still see them as "classmates" tho. 

 

For me, this drama portrays NDS as a future and dream to SDM. But it's still a blur vision that they need to work on together to make it more present (?)

 

They have similar goals. But they're still in early phase to know each other. NDS still has flaws and so does SDM. 

 

Idk about HJP. What is HJP and SDM gonna build together? I think loving each other doesn't always work if a couple doesn't have same goal and direction to pursue? We also saw dalmi's mother and father in first ep. DM's mother couldn't bear to stay longer with DM's father.  

 

SDM still has a thing to HJP tho. Something needs to be cleared if it's necessary. 

 

HJP also has his own issues and still need time to know himself more. Sometimes I don't really understand their actions (SDM, grandma, NDS, HJP). I still hate that lying habit lmao. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With every episode, I fall deeper in love with Jipyeong. I don’t know if it’s the actor or the storyline. I can’t believe writer will break our hearts with him not getting the girl. I hope jipyeong and grandma have their happy ending together

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

As many as people rooting for jinpyeong ,i only see him as a mentor/angel ect,nothing less. The image of him as nam do san will be as penpall first love,not the man that dalmi loves physically and emotionally. The one that hurt the most probably nam do san himself. I mean he finally meet the girl that like him (no matter what basis or reason why dalmi like her) but he make the effort for doing that. What jinpyeong turning right now if he tell his feeling to dalmi nothing but greed just like nam do san at first time. 
 

 

I think this scene is very good,suzy such a versatile actress ,next week the tragedy will come

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw man, I love start-up. Half-way through and I feel like there are still some evaluations to do (although i secretly hope they resolve the letter lies very very soon)

I've been following this writer for awhile now, I love her previous work especially "while you're sleeping" and "i can hear your voice", particularly the minor characters' habit that she build throughout the series. 

I love the mini epilogue at the end of every episode that shed lights on small things in the episode. 

 

If you want to describe hostility, I would say the hostility is more on JP side than NDS side. There were a lot of instance JP do thing that purposely p*ss NDS off (episode 8 for example, he wants to return SDM's hair tie to see NDS get jealous and angry, which NDS has reflected it quite well, although he does show a bit of jealousy in the end). 

Even though NDS and DM has officially together, there are still that shaky foundation that keep NDS on edge and HJP is constantly reminding him of that edge - now I call that hostility of HJP towards NDS. 

Why HJP won't keep the hair tie to himself? Why purposely giving it to NDS to initiate his jealousy? It almost make HJP looks like an a** that wants to exert some authority. This is why NDS/DM relationship needs to come clean for a deeper, more stable bond. 

 

HJP and his lies... instead of saying he comes to pick DM up on purpose he lies and say that he enjoy the gampeong noodles - which in the end he discovered he actually like it, lol.

Don't get me wrong, HJP is definitely an asset to DM and her team; he is the brake in the middle of the "too idealistic" team. I do enjoy DM/JP interactions this episodes though, for sure DM is the kind of person that can change JP for the better.

 

Today sheds some suspicion on Yong San that he may be the one who seek revenge. 

I still don't know the purpose of Jung Saha character in the team yet.. hoping she gets more development later on. I was sort of expect her to interfere with the Morning group dispute with NDS since she was (and probably still is)  a lawyer but nope. 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

New OST today by Ailee 

 

 

1 hour ago, UPSGirl said:

Ey guys do you know the ost music playing in the background while Dalmi/Dosan were kissing in the rooftop? It’s so pretty.

I believe that ost is not yet released. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh whyyy... this is so torturing :crymeme:

my heart breaks so much for Jipyeong as well as Dosan.. i can’t bear watching them crying like that in the preview..Dalmi too :tears:

 

——

 

my fav scenes in ep8

 

1. ezgif-5-4f42ccadfbb7.gif

 

The ice is melting~ love this character development! Keke

 

2. 

ezgif-5-8ace5c42f966.gif

Spoiler

759-ABBC9-BBA1-4240-93-C8-DCA0-FA0-ACC9-

 

yes i see your smile, Injae-yaa


3. HJP becomes more active supporting DM in this eps! (Still in his Tsundere way~) i laugh so much in this scene! So cute and funny lolezgif-3-67886c0b476d.gif


4. i really really thankful to Dosan for him telling DM the truth abt Grandma condition.. yeah it’s gonna be hurt for awhile but still muchh better than knowing when it’s already too late. The scene when DM crying with DS is so heart-touching

 

5. Grandma you never fail to touch my heart too.. you really wrote the feedback by yourself it’s really sweet..

 

6. DM show many kinds of emotions in this eps, from being silly, cutely happy when the downloading number is low, cutely depressed when downloading number increasing rapidly, her tough action against Mr.Won, her crying desperately with Grandma. i love her character so much

 

——

 

i keep thinking on any possible scenario of their happy ending..but how :tears: these two guy loving DM so much in their own way..

 

all i know is pain~~~~
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kaqueski said:

 

If you want to describe hostility, I would say the hostility is more on JP side than NDS side. There were a lot of instance JP do thing that purposely p*ss NDS off (episode 8 for example, he wants to return SDM's hair tie to see NDS get jealous and angry, which NDS has reflected it quite well, although he does show a bit of jealousy in the end). 

Even though NDS and DM has officially together, there are still that shaky foundation that keep NDS on edge and HJP is constantly reminding him of that edge - now I call that hostility of HJP towards NDS. 

Why HJP won't keep the hair tie to himself? Why purposely giving it to NDS to initiate his jealousy? It almost make HJP looks like an a** that wants to exert some authority. This is why NDS/DM relationship needs to come clean for a deeper, more stable bond.

 

 

It’s one of the funniest scene in the drama imho. Haha It shows that you’ll never know people enough on how they’ll react to every situation. In Jipyeong’s head, Dosan throws a fit after provoking him. Hah, it backfired, sorta. Thing is Dosan from the outside didn’t give him the satisfaction, which is the classy way since he knew what JP is actually after. Plus he threw a counterpunch by saying it could be anybody’s scrunchie hah! But deep inside he was hurt. 
Anyways, the chemistry between the two, taking out the triangle in the equation, they are like siblings. They are a riot. They bicker and compete very much like Dalmi and Injae. It has so much potential without throwing that damn triangle in the mix. Oh well..

  • Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw the preview for next week, the scene where DM and DS are crying, 

“why did you lie?”

”i don’t want you to cry. I didn’t want you crying like you are now”

 

when we think it’s about the letter, could this actually abt something else? Like in the preview, we see DS had some problem with his parents

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The s*** is going down next week.

At least I hope the letters issue will be resolved by next week.
 

I’m currently on team Dal Mi because the girl has been deceived long enough and she deserves to learn the truth. I think the time jump will occur after the confrontation.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

NDS is the real victim. He would never be in this mess if these people are not selfish:

Grandma - use Dosan from the beginning in order to make sure DM is always happy.

JP - use Dosan's name from the beginning instead of his name in order to please grandma so that he can stay in the house. He also used grandma money illegally to invest and make money for himself which shows how selfish he was. He also accused grandma of taking his money and gave to DM's father. When grandma gave him the money he took all of it. He should at least gave some to grandma if he is less greedy. That way DM can enter college. He prevented Dosan from meeting DM in the beginning since he doesn't want DM to find out about the lying( when Dosan is supposed to meet DM to sell the ball). When Dosan already entered the world he and grandma had created he become jealous. Now that he saw how pretty DM is he wanted DM for himself. Remember in 1st episode he already met DM but he was never interested. He even said DM's name is old fashion. Now he wanted DM for himself... he wanted grandma for himself.. and try as much as possible to belittle Dosan. 

Dalmi - also using Dosan from the beginning. She never wanted to find Dosan in the first place. Just use Dosan's letter as a benchmark for her other boyfriends. Then when she wanted to show to Injae she is doing great, she started to find Dosan. She should stop interfering with Dosan's life when Injae found out about Dosan at Sandbox. But because she is also selfish and want to make sure she can beat injae, she offered herself as Ceo to Samsan tech. Then she started flirting and giving hope to innocence Dosan. If she is not selfish she should let Samsan work with Injae company. She should also let Samsan get Alex as a mentor rather than JP since Alex is more competent in the IT industry. Dosan who already falls head over heels over Dalmi let her do anything she wants.

Anyway, after all the lies are finally going to be exposed I'm now rooting for Dosan and Samsan tech alone. None of those people (grandma, JP, DM) deserve his intelligence and kindness. True he might find it difficult to start the business but Samsan tech is already in the right path when they won CODA and enter sandbox competition. Although Dosan failed to become CEO he can always work with other company as a developer. Btw, Alex is also ready to take Samsan tech as his apprentice.

Now that Dalmi knows about the lying I hope she can make a wise decision. If she decided to be rich instantly she can always choose JP. If she decided to continue her father's ambition she should continue to work with Dosan. But I do hope she makes herself clear and not taking advantage of Dosan anymore.

As for Dosan I hope he and Samsan tech will become a great company one day.

-team DosanSamsantech-

  • Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not even ended and I am going to crown this my best drama of the year. And red velvet’s future really brighten up my day and it create should prefect atmosphere with the melody played throughout the drama 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dramafan123 Dfan said:

NDS is the real victim. He would never be in this mess if these people are not selfish:

Grandma - use Dosan from the beginning in order to make sure DM is always happy.

JP - use Dosan's name from the beginning instead of his name in order to please grandma so that he can stay in the house. He also used grandma money illegally to invest and make money for himself which shows how selfish he was. He also accused grandma of taking his money and gave to DM's father. When grandma gave him the money he took all of it. He should at least gave some to grandma if he is less greedy. That way DM can enter college. He prevented Dosan from meeting DM in the beginning since he doesn't want DM to find out about the lying( when Dosan is supposed to meet DM to sell the ball). When Dosan already entered the world he and grandma had created he become jealous. Now that he saw how pretty DM is he wanted DM for himself. Remember in 1st episode he already met DM but he was never interested. He even said DM's name is old fashion. Now he wanted DM for himself... he wanted grandma for himself.. and try as much as possible to belittle Dosan. 

Dalmi - also using Dosan from the beginning. She never wanted to find Dosan in the first place. Just use Dosan's letter as a benchmark for her other boyfriends. Then when she wanted to show to Injae she is doing great, she started to find Dosan. She should stop interfering with Dosan's life when Injae found out about Dosan at Sandbox. But because she is also selfish and want to make sure she can beat injae, she offered herself as Ceo to Samsan tech. Then she started flirting and giving hope to innocence Dosan. If she is not selfish she should let Samsan work with Injae company. She should also let Samsan get Alex as a mentor rather than JP since Alex is more competent in the IT industry. Dosan who already falls head over heels over Dalmi let her do anything she wants.

Anyway, after all the lies are finally going to be exposed I'm now rooting for Dosan and Samsan tech alone. None of those people (grandma, JP, DM) deserve his intelligence and kindness. True he might find it difficult to start the business but Samsan tech is already in the right path when they won CODA and enter sandbox competition. Although Dosan failed to become CEO he can always work with other company as a developer. Btw, Alex is also ready to take Samsan tech as his apprentice.

Now that Dalmi knows about the lying I hope she can make a wise decision. If she decided to be rich instantly she can always choose JP. If she decided to continue her father's ambition she should continue to work with Dosan. But I do hope she makes herself clear and not taking advantage of Dosan anymore.

As for Dosan I hope he and Samsan tech will become a great company one day.

-team DosanSamsantech-


look how unfortunate dosan 

EmV9yFyU4AApKAV?format=jpg&name=large

 

smart,won math olympics at young age. but look at him now,no one invest in him,his parents esp his father doubted him and some of jin pyeong fans call him sly because he invented the apps to look good in front of dalmi and grandma sighhh.

Jinpyeong make him lie even dalmi used him at first. Double standart huh ?

 

EmV60f_U4AAa8-5?format=jpg&name=medium
 

how you can compare a man who have car like this 

EmUDxdkU0AEjnGL?format=jpg&name=medium

Which approx around ₩246,413,440

and man who only haves bikes and just started business ,call him sly just because the girl romance him . i just dont get it ??

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...