Quantcast

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got to see the the Finale. So glad the momentum picked up again and the ending was great and satisfying, more than I could have ever expected. This is so rare as even some of the best dramas’

Hi all. Dropping by here because it seems quiet peaceful. Tired of those super toxic stans, they're literally everywhere spreading hate to DS (even DM too). Some long time KSH fans (long before SU) ev

Hi guys..   So I have been reading here and there comments about how Nam Do San is violent and selfish ..and I've been asking myself are we seriously watching the same drama ? DS has ne

This drama is so interesting but i still hesitant to continue after ep 6, my weak heart can't handle the heart break LOL. i enjoying the discussion and theory from all of you. Hoping i can continue this drama soon, until that time comes i'll just silently lurking in this thread...

:elated:

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Niel2804 said:

This drama is so interesting but i still hesitant to continue after ep 6, my weak heart can't handle the heart break LOL. i enjoying the discussion and theory from all of you. Hoping i can continue this drama soon, until that time comes i'll just silently lurking in this thread...

Ep 6 or 8. Btw are you Team Jipeong or Do San? Either way there's actually a lot to root for in both ships and a lot of other interesting/hilarious developments in ep7-8

• Like 1

Watching episode 8, I am glad that the truth about the girl in the swing both In Jae and Dal Mi were known to the CEO. I was wrong on predicting the start-up solution. The writer comes up with a better ideas. Kudos to her.

I am bewildered watching the shipwar btw, the fan hating on other character on other ship. While me like both Do San and Ji Pyeong, and understand the motive behind their actions. Both petty in their own way but I think their antics were hilarious. About the letter lies, at this point the three of them Granny, Jipyeong, and Do San all equally at fault. Everyone planned to tell the truth at some point but they were cancelling each other out. Granny was ready to tell Dal Mi the truth, but Do San ask Jipyeong to convince granny otherwise, when Jipyeong almost tell the truth Do San prevented him, and vice versa. So I think it is good if the whole secrets about the letter will be wrapped up next weeks.

Do san was not a victim, coz what Granny and Jipyeong wanted was a one time act, he himself choose to get himself involved coz he likes Dal Mi.

I am glad Do San told Dal Mi about granny conditions right away. I can imagine that when Ji Pyeong finally find out that he will be devastated. Kim Seon Ho told 2n1d crews that he shot 13 hours worth of crying scenes. I think in the future he will tries everything in his power to make granny happy. He will be there for her more.

So I think if ever Ji Pyeong find out, I think his attitude who always reject another round of investment for Young-shil will change, Noon-gil dependent from it's API; he needs both start up to succeed for granny's sake. I wonder will he come up with innovative business model for both startup coz dependent on CSR money will not be sustainable in the long run. Maybe Injae-Dalmi reconciliation will have something to do with this. We'll see.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

look how unfortunate dosan 

some of jin pyeong fans call him sly because he invented the apps to look good in front of dalmi and grandma sighhh.

Jinpyeong make him lie even dalmi used him at first. 

Thing is, if the roles were reversed, with  SunHo playing Dosan and Joo Hyuk was the second lead they will say Ji Pyeong was the sly one. Hehe sad but true. I am saying this because I don’t follow either actors personally (I have seen some of their works though) but I have seen in somewhere that Jipyeong has quite a large following mainly because they stan the actor playing him, even some threatening to boycott the drama unless they change the leads or change the story. (Shudders) There is nothing that Dosan possibly can do to gain their approval unfortunately. People will nitpick just because. Jipyeong gets all the free passes because he is a saint. But to me he is the least perfect. And that’s ok because that only means he is an interesting multi-dimensional character.

But I have to say that Dosan has got to be the unluckiest bloke in the planet as he can’t catch a freaking break. Things never went his way.  I don’t think he’s being manipulative as the others are painting him to be. In fact he was never ambitious, never allowed himself to dream big- that’s his parent’s biggest gripe with him. He has to at least find a way for Dalmi to like him as him while he is easing into telling her the truth. All I am saying is that, all is fair in love and war. If you can excuse Jipyeong for his many flaws then you need to cut Dosan some slacks too.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

HJP fans are really annoying though, always finding every moment to put him in the spotlight.. which looks forced.. And it's really spoiling the vibe of the drama.. they need to put sentiment aside.  And stop hating on NSD as if he is the culprit of all the lies told to dami.. Yes we know that he was the one who wrote the letter which was initiated by halmoni. But it didn't come from his heart. His traits are that of a clown.. why is it that when he sees that NSD really likes dami then that is when he knows he also has feelings for her?..  What i see is that he just wants to pay his debt which he ought to be doing because what he did to grandma wasn't right, despite the kindness she showed to him..

I don't dislike him.. but he isn't a saint.. so they shouldn't paint him like one..

HJP fans won't see this flaws but they will pay attention to any tiny flaws they see in nam dosan.. 

There is more to start-up than this, and we should focus more on how each character will actualise their dreams.. because all this hate is really making the show loose it's original content, no wonder the ratings droped..

And for those always saying they have second lead syndrome, we get it already!.. Can we just move on with the flow of the show?.. <_<.. it's  disgusting already!

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

There are many interesting scenes this episode. I have to say the scene I find most interesting and satisfying in episode 8 was when Dalmi went to Injae and asked to see Injae's stepdad. She told Injae she would want to take her to see him since Dalmi was going to go beg. When Injae and Dalmi went to stepdad's office, they are surprised to find Dosan on his knees already doing some begging of his own. Seeing Dalmi, Dosan awkwardly gets back up. It is revealed to the sisters that Dosan is there to beg for forgiveness or else Stepdad was going to take legal action against him for smashing his name plate. Stepdad thought Dalmi was going there to beg for forgiveness too and said he would if they both got on their knees to beg. Injae was starting to object because this was too much. Instead of getting on her knees, Dalmi is really here to reveal a recording from a previous meeting between SamSan Tech and Stepbrother (Morning Group), which Jipyeong told her to record. Dalmi also used this recording, which if released to the public would significantly damage the image of Stepdad's company, to get the CSR funding she's been needing for their app. What a satisfying moment to see Stepdad wipe that arrogant smirk off his face and start to sweat. 

It may be one brief scene, but there is a lot happening here. Instead of begging like Dosan, Dalmi decided to outsmart Injae’s stepdad. She finally got the upper hand on despicable Stepdad and this shows another development in Dalmi's character. Jipyeong gave her crucial advice to record the meeting and she was able to use this as leverage on her own. Whether this is a protective big sister reaction or just thinking her stepdad was too much, I see Injae is finally no longer just a hateful two dimensional character and writer is adding more to her character. And her perception of Dalmi changed, she looked impressed. I guess we’ll be seeing some progress with the two sisters. This is also showing the difference between Dosan and Dalmi and frankly, Dosan doesn't deserve Dalmi. Dosan and Dalmi can succeed together in their startup but really don't need to be together. Dalmi can also fly solo and send an empowering message to women everywhere. Why does it have to be about some guy or guys? She's fantastic all on her own. I think that's a nice message to send to the younger viewers. 

Now that we are halfway through the drama, Dalmi finds out the truth on her own. I would have wanted grandmother to tell her but you could tell she was going to find out herself when she recognized grandmother's handwriting and probably will recognize Jipyeong's handwriting. Indeed that was what happened. I really didn't want to see her find out this way. Next episode would be painful for all characters but the truth does need to be revealed. I had a feeling when watching the tea kettle in the last episode that it may mean the truth is about to spill over.

I do see some potential character growth also coming for Dosan and Jipyeong in the preview even though both are going to be painful. Jipyeong crying in the rain finally revealing his true feelings. He's always been a softie with a sharp tongue and in denial of his feelings. I get why he's like that. He was an orphan who had to fend for himself. His words are harsh because the world has been harsh towards him. He recognizes that nothing comes easy because he started out with nothing. And despite appearances, he is actually sentimental like Dalmi is. So he tries to build up walls in order to not get hurt. But that is part of his character's needed growth in the drama to let people into his life and express his true emotions. It is cruel though writer-nim. As for Dosan, I think he may need that conflict with his dad and get kicked out. I think he's been coasting along in life for a long time because life has just been easy and he didn't care enough to fight for things. He was a child prodigy that was born great at math. His parents have a nice big house and were the investors to his company. And he started this with his buddies. It's just been the path of least resistance. Things did change when Dalmi came into his life because of his interest in her but he needs a bigger push towards his own ambitions. I think taking away his security blanket may be good for his character's growth. 

I like Nam Joo Hyuk in his other dramas, especially Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo with Lee Sung Kyung. His character had far more endearing qualities and was fun to watch. Here, Dosan is given the appearance of but is not really pure, kind, and dorky. I think Kang Ha-Neul's character Yong-Sik in When the Camellia Blooms truly captures that essence so well. Dosan has his moments which his actions makes him a questionable character. Nam Joo Hyuk is doing a good job as the actor. It's interesting his character is created this way. Maybe that's why I'm frustrated. I like actor Nam Joo Hyuk but I don't like character Dosan. With Startup writer, Park Hye-Ryun, I've already seen Pinocchio and I Can Hear Your Voice. Great with introducing you into a profession and creating an interesting story. This one is a bit different. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. Guess I'll find out once this drama finishes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As the story moved on, I enjoyed very much of the start-up process more than the triangle love. In theory, we understand the process of setting up a new company, but this drama made it so realistic that I have to applause the writer's detailed work. It emphasized on the importance of  CEO's role and responsibility, the prototype test in several attempts, the new apps that required users' reviews and number of downloading from users, plus the funding required from CSR (proposed by HJP)-- it is exactly how the software team work on this initial process.

The only thing that I dislike about the writer was making the loveline too complicated but it seems like unavoidable in all kdrama. To be frank, DM is such a lucky girl that surrounded by her grandma's love since young and received love from both men who are constantly helping her in difficult times. Despite their flaws, they are amazing in their own ways, and will continue help her develop into a successful and confident CEO in future. I hope the writer will turn these two men into a bromance relationship. Don't fight because of jealousy, it doesn't help in the growth.

One is her comrade, one is her mentor, how fortunate she is and she is always full of gratitude, so which one will she choose, it doesn't matter to me anymore, what I want to see is their journey that they spent time together, help one another to solve problems together during their challenging time. Accomplishments will prove to be a journey, not a destination.

This drama is full of inspiration and reflection of reality at the same time- it paints a HOPE, a DREAM for all young entrepreneurs, with the positives vibre, perseverance and determination, the dream will soon come true.

I hope the writer did not deviate the original intent and focus too much on loveline, because there should be more substance in the storyline. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ep 8

Wow, just wow. Grandma's acting is so amazing. When she's happy and proud that Dosan showed her the program. It really reminds me of mother's starry eyes who's proud of her child.

If his parents aren't proud (yet), he's already witnessing the happiness of the user, how thankful she was, in front of him.

It must be a precious gift to kindhearted Dosan. More than money and apps' feedbacks. She doesn't others to pity her and she's satisfied.  Remember it Dosan, the Grandma's smile. Be happy okaayy :")

He used to help others for other developers from the hackers right? Their friends said like, he had big contribution to the country lol.

And Jipyeong. I'm curious about his past (what he had been through before living in Grandma's store). His character isn't really showed much i think. He also deserves happiness. 

I like that In Jae smiled at his lil sister. Please be happy both of you and support each other .

About the revenge, yeah it's still mistery. I hope it's not something dangerous. Only distracts the viewers to keep on watching lmao. I hope. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I am going to start of and say I have a major second lead syndrome! Ji Pyeong is just the cutest, I mean he has been through so much as a kid, growing up without parents and the only person that he has for a short amount of time was Dal Mi grandma. Even in his adulthood he is seen living alone although he is successful, he does not seem to have many friends and the only thing he really talks to especially at the start of the series is that robot thing in his apartment which is so sad. He seems to be a little awkward quirky and a little shy as well, he is not the typical bad guy second male lead who has it all, no he is down to earth incredible person that many I am sure would prefer to see him as the main.

In the preview for the next episode Do San is saying to Ji Pyeong to let him basically have Dal Mi since he has "nothing", is that guy delusional because he has his parents supporting him and they even invested in his business when he started out, he also has his two dorky friends right by his side, also his app is a success as well, so how does he have nothing?? He is so selfish I can not stand him as the main lead character. He is so annoying, he knows that Ji Pyeong is the one who wrote the letters and is also the one who truly came from nothing no parents, nor friends, he was the one who actually made a name for himself with his own accomplishments, it is not his fault that Do San was unable to be successful in those past 2 years! He thinks he is so entitled to everything, the way he is with Dal Mi sort of gives me creeper vibes instead of romance.

Now let's talk about Dal Mi's mum, so basically just because she chose her dad doesn't mean that she is able to see her daughter? It has been 15 years and during those years she could not go and see how she was? especially since the dad died. Absolutely hate her she thinks she has the right to comment on any of Dal Mi's life choices or her "bluffing" or not. It is none of her business she chose money over her own daughter it is clear as day that she does not deserve a redemption arch. Even in the last episode when she got a phone call she tried to convince In Jae to go back home so she could have her money again. She may regret her decisions especially the way she spoke to the grandma, but it does not change the fact that no one tried to stop her from seeing her daughter, she chose not to see her during those 15 years and that is her own fault. I mean seriously she even lives in Korea, I know they did move for a little bit but then they came back and she still could not go and see her daughter?? Are you serious, she did not even move to a new address where you would need a private investigator.

Now In Jae, I just really do not like her the same as the mother and Do San. She is so rude to her sister and overall does seem stuck up. She only presented the sand box idea in her application because she knew her sister came up with it in reality and not her. It was horrible how she mentioned her dad when she was picking a mentor, especially when she always talks horribly about him when she is with Dal Mi. 

Last episode we seen little clips of someone jumping off the bridge, but also that persons possible relative seemed to have joined Sandbox and wants revenge against Samtech, honestly I cannot wait to see what this story line will be, very intriguing!

Really enjoyed Dal Mi showing the chairman the voice recordings, his smug look went away instantly that was truly an icing on the cake absolutely brilliant. Another part that I absolutely loved in the episode was Ji Pyeong and Dal Mi interactions especially him taking her home and letting her sleep for a while, he is so in love with her it's adorable! He truly deserves so much happiness, but unfortunately that won't happen...

• Like 5

I think many who watch this drama were misunderstood Do San like his parent, they think that Do San is never ambitious and never dare to dream big. On the contrary, Do San has big dream and ambitions. This drama was marketed as youth coding drama, with the title Start-up. But many sees this drama with ordinary K-drama lenses, romance drama, without any clue about start up world. There are tidbits of start up world explained in the drama, but understanding start up is not easy for a non techy person.

Do san is pursuing AI, coding an image recognition technology. This is still considered cutting edge technology in 2016, even now. Entering international coding competition proved that he has ambition to be the best on his field. Him dreaming to get into Sandbox, had a ripped article of Han Ji Pyeong (an senior manager of a VC investment firm), proved that he has an aspiration to be a successful start up. He dreams big, with ambitions of an international success, aspired to be the next Steve Jobs. It is just the idea of dream and ambitions in their parents mind is different. A good programmer is a sought after employee. Do San with his skill can easily be an employee of a big tech company like Samsung, with big fat paycheck, but he choose the start up way. I understand in SK many parents ideas of ambitions is when their child get into a big corporation. His dad only allow him starting his own company with giving him two years deadline.

The problem with Samsan trio were that all of them hacker (geeks). Every startups need hustler, hipster and hacker. So the addition of Dal mi and Saha were on the right track. They had the tech, fastest algorithm for image recognition, but they did not have the "why" and "what". Every startup must solved a real problem, providing solution. So Do San using his technology to help visually impaired person is a very start up thing. Anyone who said that Do San is sly just because granny's problem inspired his app, don't understand the essence of this drama. He should be inspired! That is real problem waiting to be solved in front of his eyes!

Hey I love Jipyeong, and but if you in Team Jipyeong and accused Do San a manipulative sly kid then you don't understand the essence of Start up. The fact that Samsan tech wasn't successful yet coz they are a bunch of clueless geeks, very smart programmers but rather naive and innocent. They are incapable of any manipulation, if Jipyeong weren't there they almost fall into other people manipulation.

How Nam Do Hyun potrays geek in love, is very endearing. He is booksmart instead of street smart. I don't think he is unlucky at all, on the contrary luck is on his side. Nearing the deadline set by his dad, he met Ji Pyeong (mentor) and Dal mi (cofounder), win coding competition, get into Sandbox etc. Meanwhile, It is not easy to explain the start up way to a non techie people like his parent. Do San was an only child. He was smart as a child, so it is only natural if his parent has big expectaction of him, hence the pressure and conflict.

Dalmi's father story already set an example, that his own family (his wife) did not have understanding and patience to support him pursuing the path of start up. It is always takes a lot of time, hardship and sacrifies to pursue the start up way, with no guaranteed success.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to write my thoughts from last week so starting with that first:

Episode 5

- The humour in Start Up is just so good. My favourite laughs: The boys stuffing the free food from Sandbox into their hoodies and bags because it was freeee (and DM not stopping them, but helping). Also when JP bullies his worker to wear the mentor T-shirt, but then to take it off even without a shirt underneath. So mean :tounge_wink: Another funny part: DS's dad wanting to sell the best points of his son to Alex, but ends up getting drunk and saying DS is only greedy for one thing: Food :joy:

-During the hackerthon, I can see why the guys from Samsan Tech were worried about their CEO with no uni degree- but the smartest people I know think on their feet, and it's better to judge someone on their skills and character rather than  schooling. 

:heartxoxo:

-That scene with the mother meeting Halmoni - I was annoyed at the mother on grandma's behalf because she's such a spineless person. I think it's not the divorce or worrying about money that made her a bad person, since I think DM's father with his business ideas could have been a stressful partner and I can see people in real life breaking up for this reason- it's the fact that she literally married into money so she could do nothing all day but spend money recklessly that makes her so hateable

:Furious:

-What I love deeply about this series is the touching story between JP and Halmoni. It's such a deep love between two people not related by blood who are both lonely in different ways, have prickly personalities and are stubborn, but clearly care for each other. What a bond. To be honest, I think I'm liking this story even more than the romances :love:

-I loved that JP made the Samsan Tech guys give DM a chance and I like that DM did well. Considering the short time frame, getting the testing wrong wasn't a big issue - since DS proves he can fix it like a day afterwards.

Episode 6

-I thought it was both great and terrible that DS tol DM that he and JP are close friends. On the one hand it'll force them closer together. On the other hand, it's another lie at the moment since tension seem high with them both falling for the same girl. 

-I loved that the guys were so high tech, but when the desk moved in their new Sandbox office they were freaking out :joy:

-Most of the times I think DM is a fun protagonist. And she's smart and resourceful which is likeable and admirable. But hope no body punches me for saying this, but sometimes I find her a bit annoying. The annoying parts are when she bluffs with her mother and sister...And when she's so naively accepting that DS is the boy from her past. I understand why she wants to one-up her family (Her mother and sister have been pretty damn awful to her late dad and are just money hungry) and I know her efforts are meant to look endearing and make us feel sorry for her or show her trying to act strong. But I wish she would stop it because sometimes it's embarrassing and pointless and she could be using her energies for Samsan Tech or DS 

-Haha, the part where JP tells DS in a very annoyed way that he'll be his Sherpa was hilarious. :joy:

-I laughed so hard when the Samsan guys were fighting and one of them yelled out "Baldness runs in my family!" Who knew tech guys were into hair pulling fights  :tounge_wink:

-The burst milk scene was gross! Considering it was off milk too! But I thought the scene with the Samsan Tech guys at the doctors were hilarious - I feel like everyone's had that before where they panicked about something being wrong with them only for the doctor to say it's an easy fix. Doctors must laugh at the rest of us so much in their profession :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

I think many who watch this drama were misunderstood Do San like his parent, they think that Do San is never ambitious and never dare to dream big. On the contrary, Do San has big dream and ambitions. This drama was marketed as youth coding drama, with the title Start-up. But many sees this drama with ordinary K-drama lenses, romance drama, without any clue about start up world. There are tidbits of start up world explained in the drama, but understanding start up is not easy for a non techy person.

Do san is pursuing AI, coding an image recognition technology. This is still considered cutting edge technology in 2016, even now. Entering international coding competition proved that he has ambition to be the best on his field. Him dreaming to get into Sandbox, had a ripped article of Han Ji Pyeong (an senior manager of a VC investment firm), proved that he has an aspiration to be a successful start up. He dreams big, with ambitions of an international success, aspired to be the next Steve Jobs. It is just the idea of dream and ambitions in their parents mind is different. A good programmer is a sought after employee. Do San with his skill can easily be an employee of a big tech company like Samsung, with big fat paycheck, but he choose the start up way. I understand in SK many parents ideas of ambitions is when their child get into a big corporation. His dad only allow him starting his own company with giving him two years deadline.

The problem with Samsan trio were that all of them hacker (geeks). Every startups need hustler, hipster and hacker. So the addition of Dal mi and Saha were on the right track. They had the tech, fastest algorithm for image recognition, but they did not have the "why" and "what". Every startup must solved a real problem, providing solution. So Do San using his technology to help visually impaired person is a very start up thing. Anyone who said that Do San is sly just because granny's problem inspired his app, don't understand the essence of this drama. He should be inspired! That is real problem waiting to be solved in front of his eyes!

Hey I love Jipyeong, and but if you in Team Jipyeong and accused Do San a manipulative sly kid then you don't understand the essence of Start up. The fact that Samsan tech wasn't successful yet coz they are a bunch of clueless geeks, very smart programmers but rather naive and innocent. They are incapable of any manipulation, if Jipyeong weren't there they almost fall into other people manipulation.

How Nam Do Hyun potrays geek in love, is very endearing. He is booksmart instead of street smart. I don't think he is unlucky at all, on the contrary luck is on his side. Nearing the deadline set by his dad, he met Ji Pyeong (mentor) and Dal mi (cofounder), win coding competition, get into Sandbox etc. Meanwhile, It is not easy to explain the start up way to a non techie people like his parent. Do San was an only child. He was smart as a child, so it is only natural if his parent has big expectaction of him, hence the pressure and conflict.

Dalmi's father story already set an example, that his own family (his wife) did not have understanding and patience to support him pursuing the path of start up. It is always takes a lot of time, hardship and sacrifies to pursue the start up way, with no guaranteed success.

Thank you for this! 

Honestly, I try to stray from reading comments cos I just see too many "disappointed" or "agitated" fans who are having their second lead syndrome. I like DS more but that doesn't mean I dislike JP. 

A lot has been said but let's just say that they all did their lying. Yes, DM is the most pitiful one but let us not forget that she bluffed being successful and even continues to bluff in front of her mom (even if her mom sees right through her). Which is basically the reason why she easily forgave DS when she found out that they joined the Hackathon. I'm not making excuses for anyone, and people can argue that her lie is "not as bad" as the others' but I hope people would just agree to disagree that the characters are real and flawed in their own way.

I would also like to point out that I was so frustrated DS wasn't able to meet DM the first time he was supposed to when she bought his signed baseball. When JP suddenly appeared and pulled DS aside --- I already knew we were in for some drama. So people just need to chill and enjoy the ride....that's a k-drama for y'all.

Re: Episode 9 preview, I was thinking if maybe DS's parents found out that DS wasn't the CEO? I have been wondering what could have made his father so angry again.

And Yongsan, oh my I wonder what he is up to. I hope he won't turn his back against his team :( I don't want SamSan to break up!:tears:

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Dramafan123 Dfan said:

NDS is the real victim.

Dalmi - also using Dosan from the beginning. She never wanted to find Dosan in the first place. Just use Dosan's letter as a benchmark for her other boyfriends. Then when she wanted to show to Injae she is doing great, she started to find Dosan. She should stop interfering with Dosan's life when Injae found out about Dosan at Sandbox. But because she is also selfish and want to make sure she can beat injae, she offered herself as Ceo to Samsan tech. Then she started flirting and giving hope to innocence Dosan. If she is not selfish she should let Samsan work with Injae company. She should also let Samsan get Alex as a mentor rather than JP since Alex is more competent in the IT industry. Dosan who already falls head over heels over Dalmi let her do anything she wants.

Anyway, after all the lies are finally going to be exposed I'm now rooting for Dosan and Samsan tech alone. None of those people (grandma, JP, DM) deserve his intelligence and kindness.

Now that Dalmi knows about the lying I hope she can make a wise decision. If she decided to be rich instantly she can always choose JP. If she decided to continue her father's ambition she should continue to work with Dosan. But I do hope she makes herself clear and not taking advantage of Dosan anymore.

You seem to "hate" everyone except your "innocent" Dosan here. :lol:

I disagree with you about Dalmi.

The real victim in this story is Seo Dalmi.
Of course Dosan is also a victim but Seo Dalmi is even more so at this point. Also, the drama is female centric, the story mainly revolves around Dalmi, in part because she is the real victim.

Dalmi may have used NDS at first to show her sister that she is successful in life but NDS has also used Dalmi with several lies, he is clearly not innocent in the story either. If he was so innocent then he would have told Dalmi the truth from the start but he didn't. And as Dramageek said, "he choose to get himself involved coz he likes Dalmi".

"She should stop interfering with Dosan's life"

And why should she have stopped interfering with his life while she believes he is the Dosan of letters?? The Dosan of letters is the one who interfered in Dalmi's life first, not the other way around!! And the real Dosan is the one who continued to lie to her about the real identity of the Dosan of letters. Maybe if Dosan had told her the truth from the start then Dalmi would have stopped interfering in his life but he didn't so.

"she is also selfish and want to make sure she can beat injae, she offered herself as Ceo to Samsan tech"

" If she is not selfish she should let Samsan work with Injae company."

She offered herself as CEO to Samsan tech NOT out of selfishness, tho. That was the goal of the "game". Dalmi won and was selected as a CEO (she even went to the "game" on her own, without Dosan, without anyone!!! Just alone!!!), and she had to choose her team of 5 people, that was the goal of the "game". In any case, she had to choose her team with or without Dosan! She offered to NDS (despite his first lie of being a succesful CEO) if he would accept her as their CEO while her sister offered him to be part of their team (two very different ways of proposal). Not her fault that Dosan chose Dalmi as their CEO. He clearly could have chosen Injae, but he didn't. If he hadn't chosen Dalmi then I'm sure Dalmi would have moved on, and chosen another team. After all, she came ALONE and didn't know Dosan was here initially.

"Then she started flirting and giving hope to innocent Dosan"

Innocent Dosan? :lol:As I said above, Dosan isn't innocent.

Regarding the "flirting" part, Dosan wasn't against it at all and from the start. The two sides were kinda flirting, so why are you blaming Dalmi for that? Also, I don't know but if you meet the man who wrote you letters 15 years ago and made you feel better all these years, wouldn't you do the same??? Dalmi is the victim for not knowing that Dosan is not the Dosan of letters. And despite the fact that Dosan knew Dalmi mistook him for another Dosan, he didn't say anything and take advantage of the situation. Innocent you say? :lol:

"Dosan who already falls head over heels over Dalmi let her do anything she wants"

Because he trusts her and he is probably right to trust her because Dalmi is a good CEO, a good leader, and she's not greedy for money (although she knows she needs this for their success), she even decided to give Dosan (CTO) a bigger share percentage (despite what Jipyeong advised her), while she put herself on the same level as the other 3 team members, but she's greedy for their success and in particular for the success of Dosan and HIS company.

"None of those people (grandma, JP, DM) deserve his intelligence and kindness."

But without these people, Dosan would have stayed at the bottom of the hole. Especially without Dalmi.

"I hope she can make a wise decision."

Don't worry about that, I'm sure she will make a wise decision because she's not stupid.

"If she decided to be rich instantly she can always choose JP."

Again, she isn't greedy for money.

"But I do hope she makes herself clear and not taking advantage of Dosan anymore."

They take advantage of each other and that is normal for success in life. Dosan is taking advantage of Dalmi, too. Without Dalmi, he wouldn't even have entered at Sandbox.

I'll just add one last thing in case you think I don't like Dosan. I like Dosan, he is a really nice guy and he deserves success and I prefer him to Jipyeong but I just don't like how you describe Dalmi here and how you make Dosan look like a innocent victim.:P

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be honest i'm tired of the love triangle and the stupid fanwar between #TeamJipyeong and #TeamDosan!!!! But if I have to choose then I would choose #TeamDosan

However, I'm totally #TeamDalmi, I would be happy if she ends up being a successful CEO and SINGLE without man. :lol:
Anyway, she is definitely my favorite character and she totally deserves more respect and more love as a brave CEO and for her awesome personality!!! But sadly, it seems like most people are only focus on the love triangle or the two males.

Also, Injae deserves more screentimes. I can't wait to see more scenes between the two powerful sisters.

I agree with those who say the drama should be more focus on the start-up story and character development in their careers instead of the love triangle.

Also, kudos to Suzy for her great acting in this episode 8. It was her episode imo. She doesn't get enough praise imo so here i am.:D Her crying scenes with Dosan and with Halmeoni were awesome. :tears:

• Like 3

My fav scene for this week is when dosan sent dalmi home after he told her about grandma. I think suzy did great in this scene, she look like she cried alot. Im so proud of her!

And i love the fact that dalmi found out about who wrote the letter by herself. If she got to know from others, she will looks pitiful and stupid. Glad it doesn’t happen that way, because dalmi is not stupid. :)

I think next week gonna be great, can’t wait to see dalmi action after knowing the truth.

I don’t know much about business or technology, i wonder if “audio advertisement” is not possible for NoonGil apps... or subscription? I hope any business people/tech geek can tell us more about this. :)

• Like 3

What's up with who's the victim discussion here? You totally missed the whole set up of start-up drama. Nobody were a victim in this drama. Even though I am in SLS camp, but I recently wrote some long essays to defend Do San qeqeqe... This whole shipwars are kinda fun, but both camp needs to chill. Do not go overboard with butchering the drama characters that are not in our ship. That's not cool.

SLS happen coz Kim Seon Ho is such a scene stealer. He is somewhat new k-drama actor (debut in 2016), compared to Suzy and Nam Jo Hyuk, but he was in theatre since 2009. So he lack popularity compared to the other cast. His chemistry with halmony, and his backstory that got many get caught by SLS. Or maybe dimples, lol.

While from the other camp think that Ji Pyeong interest in Dalmi is come from nowhere, he just triggered coz he did not want to loose from Do San. Or blame him for his late realization and denial of his feeling, as Do San is the man with action. I beg to disagree.

In episode 1, we all see that Ji Pyeong recognized Dal Mi right away. He remembered her name. He smiled while watched her antics in the bus stop, followed her to finally find halmony's truck. Interesting that when halmony visited his office, he asked halmony her grand daughter name, when he clearly remember her.

The reason why Dalmi is so hung up with penpal Do San and his letter coz I think Dalmi re-read his letter from time to time, as a source of comfort after her father died. To her, he was her only friend, her only ally, someone who understand her. That's why when she was cornered by In Jae, the name Do San automatically comes up. Using Do San were far from her mind.

Even though Ji Pyeong did not hung up to the letters like Dalmi, but I think he also valued the letter and the conversation with Dal Mi. We saw that he begin to anticipate Dal Mi's letter in the past. Only his first letter were the product of cowriting with halmony, his other letters were his honest words, thought and feeling. He kept all of Dalmi's letters for freaking 15 years! He could have throwed the letters away, or only keeps a few for keepsakes, but no he kept all of them. He also kept the shoes from halmony. Such a softie behind his gruff exterior.

Now he is a sucessful sr manager of VC company, on top of his games, married to his work. No relationship outside work. Love was never his priority. Him being kind to Dalmi, not just because the desire to pay debt, but because he cannot bear seing Dalmi herself get hurt, he did bond with her through the letter long ago. I think his feeling change from indebted into like, after Dal mi's go stop event for "Do San" birthday. Her still remember his 15 years old wish, how she understand underlying meaning behind his wish.

Dal mi also fascinate him. She suprised him so many times. She is also beautiful, smart and hardworking. After finding out that Dal mi's lack of education, is partially his fault from his POV (if only he gave halmony her shares/interest), he really want to make up with her by being her mentor at the hackathon. Her choosing him later as mentor also made him happy.

He did try to avoid her. But the plant that he trows away come back. Then Dalmi comes with uncombustible trash bag. When he tried harshly pushed her away, she disarmed him very easily. Cannot blame him from fell deeper in love. Even though it is to late.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, trust said:

HJP fans are really annoying though, always finding every moment to put him in the spotlight.. which looks forced.. And it's really spoiling the vibe of the drama.. they need to put sentiment aside.  And stop hating on NSD as if he is the culprit of all the lies told to dami.. Yes we know that he was the one who wrote the letter which was initiated by halmoni. But it didn't come from his heart. His traits are that of a clown.. why is it that when he sees that NSD really likes dami then that is when he knows he also has feelings for her?..  What i see is that he just wants to pay his debt which he ought to be doing because what he did to grandma wasn't right, despite the kindness she showed to him..

I don't dislike him.. but he isn't a saint.. so they shouldn't paint him like one..

HJP fans won't see this flaws but they will pay attention to any tiny flaws they see in nam dosan.. 

There is more to start-up than this, and we should focus more on how each character will actualise their dreams.. because all this hate is really making the show loose it's original content, no wonder the ratings droped..

And for those always saying they have second lead syndrome, we get it already!.. Can we just move on with the flow of the show?.. <_<.. it's  disgusting already!

Now that you mention it, I wonder if Jipyeong would still help Grandma and Dalmi if he doesn't owe her anything? While it is sweet and cute that he built up his career and wealth on his own, he is far from being down to earth. In fact, he is too proud to admit that he is still have to learn more about people, because from the very start, he thought the worse in them, (although I admit it became so useful when dealing with actual pricks like the step dad). His circumstances made him so closed off.  He even thought Grandma is capable of conning him with his money, thought of Dosan as a hopeless case that it's why he isn't going to invest in him, and had never intended to have anything to do with Dalmi for 15 years until she showed up on that CEO TED talk in episode 1 and eventually had a chance to reconnect with the grandma. He can be childish at times too (the urge to anger Dosan with Dalmi's scrunchie lol)  While I don't find that in anyway cute and endearing, I can understand why he is what he is.  Having to grow up without parents to nurture your emotional needs is as hard as having one but never understood you, and worse had always sought out perfection from you. So I think in that way, Jipyeong and Dosan are in the same boat.  We all know trailers are supposed to be deceiving but judging from the bits in the trailer and what we seen so far, I hope Jipyeong won't treat Dosan as a mere competition.  Because as I have said before, I can see the potential in both of them being brothers.  Imagine how hilarious and fun it will be if the trio Sans becomes a quartet.  LOL And very much like you,  I would like to see growth and development among these remarkable characters, so I hope the drama will continue to do that.

And also, I want to see In Jae's perspective.  I see her as someone who is also looking for validation.  Her mom and step father aren't exactly parent material either. I want her to interact with her grandma since they were pretty close in the beginning.  I think she could use someone by her side who will support and love her successful or not.  

And lastly how can I forget Dalmi? So plucky and earnest.  She is amazing on her own.  That is why I am rooting for her because she suffered so much loss already, and despite that she still she bravely stood behind her loved ones and what she believes in. That's is why I have this nagging feeling she's going to dump Dosan after she figures out the truth. 

• Like 5
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업