[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

47 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Protect our Dimple Couple at all cost!:wub:

we need to put them in bubble :D:wub:

talking about protection can’t wait for his mom reaction 

** Golden goose may need to be handcuffs  — extreme pianist teacher and parent :tounge_wink:

16021881521602188149.gif

Oppa Sabotage :D

16021878811602187872.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 12

6 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

In any case, it looks like there are multiple scenes filmed in the day and night at Deoksugung Stone Wall, so the sequence of events is unclear. Also heard that filming will end next week. Still can't believe we are nearing the end.

Interesting that Stone wall gonna play important part in the later episodes. I am actually curious now what gonna happen there. Seems like it is gonna be impactful things taking place there as it did in early episodes. :)  

• Like 13

Good morning from my side of the world, Brahmies!  :)

So after a goodnight's sleep, I think @Jillia and @Abirami Ramakrishnan are both right in saying that the chart might be more of character introduction rather than a representation of what's going to happen in the story. Boy! but that tweet and those pics really made me a bit paranoid. :D  But it only shows that a lot of people are starting to falter because of that darn episode 12! BUT still holding out hope that writer-nim will redeem herself in the last 4 episodes.

@Sky8lue  thank you for the clips! Now we know why that's his favorite line! :D  And those fan arts in the video are so nice. 

• Like 14

Hey friends, let's look at it from a glass half full perspective. It will be that much sweeter and oh so satisfying to see our dimples couple triumph after enduring the pain and suffering of the past few episodes. 

This is endgame: 

Brahms1112_7.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Alright. I still haven’t gathered my full thoughts on this episode. Man, it was tough for our OTP this week. New troubles and more worries for them only. Yet, the small moments they have together is so cute. JY really enjoys SA’s presence. You can tell by the way he acts around her. It is SA who lets her insecurities get in the way and I feel like it creates a small distance between them. It’s kind of like this coldness between them which they cannot warm up if they are not on the same page. I do appreciate JY being honest with SA and thank goodness he told her about the competition and not JK! Whew. And im so glad he didn’t go into details about his date with SA when JK asks him why he canceled the last practice. But man...that last scene was hard to watch. Seems like SA was just standing there yet JY failed to see her (i was like “dude, i can see you and her so clearly lol ). Aigoo. I feel so bad for SA. She thought all this time she was in the chamber only to have that Professor no-good play her like that. I think SA needs to let out everything and cry. She is holding it all in. She needs to cry it out so she can face it.

HN..I can’t say I am proud of what she did. Actually i am not proud at all. But her jealousy got the best of her and it seems she did regret it a bit when she realized how much SA loves her violin and that twist the Professor threw at SA. She better come around because i will still kick her butt.

As for JK..she truly do have quite a number of problems in her family. Her grandmother trying to get her to live in her mother’s shadow but it’s just eating her up inside. When she isn’t causing problems for JY/HH, she is a really professional musician. It was her notes for Ji Won that actually landed the first place winner. She does know what she is doing. But friendship wise..she messed up badly and painfully. 

JY..i feel so bad for this man and his burdens. I really want his mom to stand up for once too but it may be hard since the mom has always allowed the dad to have his ways. I really want the mom to understand her son. And i am glad JY will finally say something about it to her. He needs to express his emotions. 

SA, man this woman is catching no break. I really feel so bad for her and I really just want her to cry it all out and decide what to do next instead of putting up with it. My heart breaks for them. 

Finally MS and DY talks. MS needs to realize that she lost a really good friend. 

i don’t think SA will take the noble idiocy group. Seeing how much she loves the violin no matter how many people put her down, she will not give it up. Hence she will not give JY up either. But i do think she will be more aware of being around him to the point of probably distancing herself just to keep him safe from the rumors. But I don’t want that. I want them to go through it together. And the text preview (thanks @trisail  for providing it) isn’t giving us much clues either. I would like for him to comfort her after he finds out she wasn’t part of the chamber (this is a heartbreaking blow to her) and i need these two to hug and be there for each other. They can’t keep looking at each other and pretend to their best that they are not sad inside. Couples share their sorrows and joys. Please don’t be too hard on yourselves and take on all the burdens alone. Give and take from each other. 

Aigoo..i wonder why Grandma keeps asking JY to stay by JK? Does she think JK needs JY by her side because he can help her emotionally or is she trying to make up her guilt that ended up pushing her daughter and son-in-law away from each other. Honestly, I don’t think JK needs JY at all. She needs her grandma and dad to understand and listen to her. 

now..all this doesn’t mean I stopped kicking butts and slapping people. This episode still got me pissed off and I still ended up kicking butts. 

:kicks:

• Like 13
  • Love 4

If there's one thing I'm curious about aside from the ending of our OTP, it's about how "Do You Like Brahms?" will be answered in the last episode. 

We haven't gotten any mention of Brahms in the latest episodes (except when Joon Young said he was okay with playing Brahms). I think the idea about Brahms will be mentioned again as it's the title of the drama, but I'm wondering if it will have a significant role in the ending of the story. 

• Like 14

Hello everyone...

It must have been really tough for everyone who loves the show and our OTP to watch episode 12. 

Though I understand about harsh reality of music world Songah is facing at the moment, I also believe she was never unaware of it. She is a woman who despite of her shy and introverted nature, decided to be in the moment and follow her heart. She is a decisive woman. She chose violin knowing all the adversities she is going to face. From what I can observe, she never really thought of making a career in the field, (playing violin professionally like JY, JK or HH). She just wanted to play, play to the best of her capabilities, because she loves what she is doing. May be just a little better, even a small reward of sitting in the second last row instead of the last is good enough for her. She is aware and i feel it must be her decision whether to pursue masters or getting a job without people dictating her around. Good or bad, she must be doing what makes her happy.

Her dilemma started when she found out that even someone like JY was struggling. That made her question if even talent was not enough, then would her love be enough to sustain her. Just like she asked once, what happens to every feeling and emotion stacked inside us over the years after we decide to move on, what are we going to do with that? 

With people constantly reminding her of how time and talent takes precedence over things, she has been going through a lot emotionally. But then, isn't it good that she is asking these questions?? Her ability of being self aware distinguishes her from everyone around. She may appear distraught at times, but her heart and this quality of hers had always and will always steer her through. This time with JY around her, I hope she won't be taking the way of noble idiocy.

They may not say so, but they are already way too deep to let go of each other. And now when they are facing the most difficult times, realizing things and starting to speak up with someone actually by their side, something good must be on the way for them and us.

I have no idea, if I actually made any sense, just wanted to let it out :D

• Like 13
  • Love 4

I'm optimistic that ep 13 should be positive after reading the written preview @trisail kindly provided. We know that SA will speak to JY about JK and historical precedence suggests that she will hear him out (instead of immediately jumping to conclusions). In addition, JY will likely be there to comfort her when he finds out about SA exclusion from the chamber. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2

@cherrhys88 I think the other conflict that Song Ah is facing now is that no matter what path she takes now , she will find little reward for playing the violin.. She can either work at the foundation or with annoying Simon and play the violin as a hobby, but going to Grad school and assisting Prof Duster will also give her very little chance to improve and with each passing episode she is made more and more aware of it..

On her wanting to do just a little bit better, I think that's still realistically possible.. Even though she may not become a great violinist, with a lot of practice she can definitely pull off play one piece stunningly and do really well on her graduation recital or her entrance test..

Even though we see two clear career paths for her right now, I really hope something else opens up for her..

Like @Sneha mentioned earlier, even though we see the same problems popping up again.. we already see JY and SA handle them differently in the previews.. so hopefully we are progressing towards a resolution even though the way may be filled with angst..

• Like 5
  • Love 7

Yes, I have faith in Song Ah since she communicates well (which we often see when it comes to Joon Young), so I think our OTP will clarify things quickly in the next episode. Their love for each other is strong. 

On another note, I do hope that we get progress both from Song Ah and Joon Young with respect to speaking up to the people around them regarding their present circumstances (JY with his mother, SA with her professor, JY with JK). I hope SA finally frees herself from Professor Lee. It seems that JY finally has a heart-to-heart talk with his mother, so that's good news on his side. 

Side note: We've hit page 100, yay! 

• Like 8
  • Love 9

SBS making up for letting us feel anxious. :D

@debbsthebee  That written preview does sound like there will be more positive outcome. Fingers crossed! :)

@Jillia @rafeusjanela Yes, anxious but still very hopeful for some positive character progression.

@Abirami Ramakrishnan  SA does seem to have limited options at this point. But for me working for the foundation would still be a better option for her rather sticking with that professor! But now that the Grandma is making some noise towards JY and JK?? I don't know anymore! :huh:

• Like 15

Was just thinking about SA and JY’s music journey... it seems like both need to recentre their music journey- JY needs to find joy in music again away from it as a burden to earn money for his family issues or as a pay back for kyunghoo’s support , SA needs to be able to enjoy her love for music again without the need for approval ans acknowledgment from others... understandably she really wants acknowledgement as a violinist (I want that so badly for her too!) but hopefully they can both find happiness in their pure love for music away from all the toxic competition and   Comparison! 

• Like 12
  • Love 4

@vangsweetie637 Thanks for your great comment!

For HN, I feel like she cares a lot about other people's view. It was shown quite a lot in the early episodes - her trying to say she also practice a lot compare to SA, she was jealous of her classmate who held a recital, refuse to admit that she has no plan for further oversea study (turns out she didn't submit the application at all), saying a world-class performer will never date a just-musical-college-student. I guess it's from her insecurity and I wonder if that's because of the pressure from her mum (her mum seems to pressure her a lot on practicing). It's just sad that she let jealousy get the best of her and thinking that making other people miserable can help with her own problem.

It's true that JY and SA are each having such a hard time and it breaks my heart thinking about it. What I'm hoping is like you say - they can share their own sorrow with each other instead of hiding them. They already have enough to worry about and I just hope their love for each other won't be one of them. For some reason, SA and JY keeps reminding me of Yeong In and Professor Yu - I wonder if there's a reason for the writer to write them as past lovers.

I think what you say about JK is accurate - what she actually need is the understanding from her family. I'm feeling so bad for JY as the poor boy was already feeling guilty for getting a fortune out of someone's misfortune and they keep reminding him of that fact.

@stella_512 I really like what you wrote about the love SA has for violin. The girl just need a chance to perform violin regardless the stage ㅠㅠ I personally think SA is the strongest character for me just like how the writer described her as 'a person who lives in the current moment' and I believe she has the ability to face her own insecurities. Hope the girl can follow her heart and I'll always cheer for her:star:

What's up with SBS posting so many videos today:joy: 

A reminder of how JY fell in love with out girl SA

Edited by Yq Tan
  • Like 3
  • Love 11

This drama has been painfully beautiful if that makes any sense lol. Lead couple and the entire cast have done a superb job as they're all equally good in the acting department. Love the flow of the story as well. 3 cheers to the director and the writer!

I don't have a fav character or an actor as such but the best thing about this drama is its characters; they're flawed. Besides imperfection is beautiful itself... 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

@vangsweetie637 You found the perfect gif ...

Sometimes when her voice is so irritating I just look at the white fluffy duster and somehow she became Professor Duster in my head :joy:

Edit:

Looks like the editors at SBS are also craving happy Dimple couple moments..we got two videos today.. Thank you for sharing @Yq Tan

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Hello to all the Brahms family around the world.  I hope you are doing well and enjoy the weekend.

@stella_512  you expressed my thoughts perfectly.

It seems I think about DYLB quite often during the day..and a scene that I would love too see pops up in my mind..Although..It's  very unlikely  to ever happen:)

When JY finds out what Professor  Lee did he confront her...She ask him was he joining  her Chamber.  After he tells her off in front of her potential chamber candidates.   He tells her he would never play for a person who treats a kind hearted person like SA that way.. and leaves.    As the murmuring  amongst the members starts....half of them leave saying they decided not to join her chamber....leaving her speechless 

Within minutes the entire university  will know what happened .

Lol....

Perhaps then the professor  could quite her day job  and open her own cleaning businesss.:issohappy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2