[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem Thank you always for your hard work! Really appreciate it! As the only airing drama that I watch right now, my life depends on it! From reading this to watching it without subs, and watching it with subs and rewatching favorite scenes to reading comments...It is silly to say the least ..I know..but this is me in quarantine..haha...Anyhow, it seems like a sad episode..:bawling: I feel so bad for Hari for experiencing all these unnecessary attention and harassment both in her personal and professional life. She doesn’t deserve it! With this kind of backlash, I’m not sure if having a baby worth all this heartache. It might even endanger her work...I hope in the coming episodes, we will see her happy and I hope I-sang will make up his mind and pursue her...

12 hours ago, triplem said:

I felt bad  when he said that the reason he did not want to date anymore was because he did not want to burden someone else with him. In some ways it felt like he may have partially blamed himself for his fiancee leaving him. I understand it is not easy to get over a 17 year relationship ( appreciate that he's loyal that way) but I hope he will come to realise sooner rather than later that sometimes people just grow in different directions , and he should not blame himself.  I supposed there needs to be something ( some competition ) for him to realise that he'd better not miss this chance with HR. I do think they make a lovely pair.

I haven't watched ep 6 yet, but when he said that he didn't want to burden someone else with his problems, I thought that I Sang might be infertile.... :( 

I saw that you said that there was a flashback scene in ep 6 of I Sang and his ex at a clinic, but what if the problem actually was I Sang?

It would explain why the ship sailed so quickly because they will run into the issue of him not being able to give Ha Ri a child.... He doesn't want to fall in love with a woman again because of that.

Will need to watch ep 6, but that's my theory for now.

OMG.. I have been very impatient.. Already saw raw episode last night.. And juat now i skip the whole episode and watch the IS with doctor scene (at work now, so very limited time to watch) .. Everything is click now... :scream:

Go go.. There must some way.. At least a way.. 

I just love how this drama play with people perception:heart:.

We always see what we need sometimes we forget to see what others facing in their life. EMPATHY!

I love how the writer reveal slowly yi sang's problem which hopefully the direction will be opened to Ha Ri for them to face it together.

Finally love life is about complement for each other.

Hello fellow fans. I always wait to watch both episodes on Fridays as a treat. Some thoughts:

Spoiler

I thought episode 5 was a bit slow for the first half but it picked up in the second half. It seems a ship is sailing awkwardly and it makes their chemistry so interesting! I enjoy their awkwardness with each other. It will be interesting to see how this couple finally comes together and how the baby will be added to the mix. I like how the show made fun of the drama trope of the main OTP going on a trip and getting stuck together. They made it funny, fresh and authentic to the characters and their development.

Episode 6: ah it is funny to see our very masculine male lead having his own romantic daydreams and getting all giddy, in suspense and moping on the couch - he has it bad and I like that the show focuses on his crush. Bring on the more awkward interactions. 

It is also good to finally get more backstory about Isang (is it implies that he is infertile?) When Ha Ri said she wouldn’t give up her love because she understood how precious it is - that was nice (she didn’t make it a choice). 

I like how our three guys are becoming friends and even the friendly competition for Ha Ri’s attention is sweet. 

I am still impress that this show continues to show the bias treatment of working mothers and/or single women in their late 30’s and up that want a baby without getting married or single moms. 

So it was very clever for Ha Ri to turn her scandal into a personal advocacy story for the drama and us as viewers. 

Next week’s episodes seems to be the turning point! Can’t wait. 

I bawled my eyes out watching episode 6.

JNR can even make me cry while smiling. Daebak!

Spoiler

And when we found out IS might also be be infertile AND in love with her...

I straight out begin sobbing like a lunatic :bawling:

Here in the US, there's no restrictions or shame on getting a sperm donation for single women who can afford the IFV procedure. There are even surrogates who can carry babies to term for couples. Before watching this drama, I didn't know that Korean women have even less autonomy over their bodies in their country. The assumption that a child is better off in a broken home with two divorced parents rather than with one happy, capable parent is so outdated. Again, I'm always impressed by Jang Nara's choice in her gigs, the story is always something meaningful that we can all learn from, balanced by comedy and romance.I like that the latest reveal with Yisang tells the story from a man's perspective. It totally makes sense why his relationship ended so badly, and I'm really curious about this new development.

Still haven't watched ep 6, but if I Sang is infertile they are throwing another heavy issue into the plot.

I think that is great because so far we have only seen the woman's perspective of wanting to have a child but having a hard time with it, because she can't find a partner.

Now throw in the male perspective of physically not being able to have a child and the toll it takes on a man's mental health and relationships as well.

It's a heavy theme, but I think it's great that it's being shown here because it will really make you think about e.g.:

• being able to have a child is not certain always
  • is a loving partner more or less important than having a child - which one do I value more?

I've seen many people around me struggling with these questions and there is never a straight answer.

Looking forward to see how the show tackles this. :kiss_wink:

text for ep 7

하리가 임신이 급한 상황임을 알게 된 이상은 자신의 문제로 하리를 밀어내고, 하리는 이상에게 상처받은 마음이 쉽게 가라앉지 않는다. 그 틈을 놓치지 않는 재영은 하리를 향한 은근한 들이댐을 시작한다. 한편, 으뜸은 거래처 갑질에 무작정 대기를 하며 설움을 느끼고... 때마침 구세주처럼 등장한 하리 덕분에 무사히 거래를 성사한 으뜸, 하리에 대한 감동과 존경이 폭발한다. 급기야 정화의 송별회가 끝난 뒤, 으뜸은 하리에게 해서는 안 될 실수를 하는데..

can someone translate to english. tq.

Watch: Go Joon And Jung Gun Joo Share What They Would Really Do In A K-Drama Situation In “Oh My Baby”

May 29, 2020
by C. Hong
e63800eb31964d578b3acbd57815f4d0.jpeg?s=

On May 29, tvN released a new behind-the-scenes video from the set of “Oh My Baby.”

“Oh My Baby” stars Jang Nara as Jang Ha Ri, who wants to become a mother but finds herself unmarried and single just when it might be too late. Just as she decides to skip over marriage in favor of having a baby first, three men enter into her life.

The first scene in the video is Go Joon and Jang Nara’s scene in which their characters are forced to spend the night at someone’s house. Go Joon, who has previously played darker characters on TV, shows that he has a comedic side as he dons brightly printed work clothes and playacts at being a woodcutter, making Jang Nara laugh in the background.

In the next scene, Jang Nara and Park Byung Eun highlight the bickering chemistry of two characters who have been friends for a long time. Jang Nara playfully threatens Park Byung Eun with a showerhead, while Park Byung Eun cracks her up with his random ad-libs. The two actors are also affectionate with the child actress who plays Park Byung Eun’s daughter in the drama.

The final scene in the behind-the-scenes video is the restaurant scene, in which all three men (Go Joon, Park Byung Eun, and Jung Gun Joo) attempt to pay at the counter. As they rehearse this scene, Park Byung Eun pushes Jang Nara out of the way. In response, the actress jokingly threatens, “Don’t do that when we’re just rehearsing.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1403401wpp/watch-go-joon-and-jung-gun-joo-share-what-they-would-really-do-in-a-k-drama-situation-in-oh-my-baby

On 5/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, triplem said:

Yippeee !!! Oh My Baby day . 
new stills 
Translated article for tonight in the 2nd pic  Sang is completely whipped for her . So much for trying to avoid her :lol:

@Ameera Ali your husband is wearing some ahujumma looking clothes :joy:

Does anyone know the song being played in the bush scene?

After having watched ep 6 the only thing I have to say is that I am so glad that all three men stood up for Ha Ri. The same goes for Ha Ri's mother and her work colleagues. It was really sad to see her be harassed online as the "Sperm Lady".

I am happy this drama takes up these issues so many people are struggling with!

It's definitely interesting to see Go Jun in this role. I think he plays a lot of villains (Misty and The Fiery Priest). On "Knowing Brothers", he mentions that he does wrestling, MMA, jujitsu, judo. He seems more buff than your average K-drama male lead. Most K-drama leads are very lanky but he seems bulkier. 

"I hope my apology doesn't end up keeping you awake at night."

This was such an underrated scene imo.

:heart::heart:

8f0a9c4b307f8a5558c2c3154c44b1ed6f09c797

9f4f964fee3b41b51138b8309ccae12119289683

Creds. Tumblr

I love that the writer and actor (definitely) is shedding light on some rough and tough guys out there who are actually such sweethearts with a squishy middle. And not the usual 'tsundere' type with the love/hate angle - just someone who's genuinely not the best at expressing his feelings through words but gets it done in actions. #foodforthought

AND WE WERE SO CLOSEEEEE!

dd9860f183a09fa88f0a1402968a1091ebd10947

Creds. Tumblr

This revelation! I never once thought that he might be infertile :( this show is honestly making me rethink how I view people and how societal stereotypes of infertility and gender has shaped me throughout the years to only sympathise with women wanting to be mothers - completely dismissing that there are men out there who want to be fathers as well. 

Edit: Just rewatched the episodes again and noticed the doctor YS went to see at the end of episode 6 is the same one he went to in one of the earlier episodes. I initially thought he was a shrink - then we find out he's a urologist later on (I think). So idk if YS may be infertile or that he may be going through a mental health problem...?

Archived