[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This episode contrasted the first episode quite a bit. The first episode was just full on comedy, they kind of spammed as much comedic scenes as they could. But in the second episode, it touched on a lot more of the emotional aspect of the drama and also much more on character development(?). 

I really hope that the mood could stay like this, where the Wednesday's episode is the 'fun' one while the Thursday's episode is the emotional one. I think this could really balance out the romance and the comedic aspects equally!!

Can't understand a big portion of it since they talked a lot more in this episode, I gotta watch the one with english subs

Edit:

Just wanted to share these as well! They are instagram links to their characters' fake profile.

HaRi: https://www.instagram.com/hari_jang_o.o/?igshid=nr8xlfl6w167

Isang: https://www.instagram.com/snag_0506/?igshid=1tx5qtq0kjjin

First episode made me laugh and it made me cry.

@Ameera Ali Thanks for all the highlights! The flasher (anyone notice the other people didn't just catch him, they carried him away :D ), the "She has menstrual cramps! Move away from the elevator!", etc.

I laughed so hard when Ha Ri was watching the scene with Jang Hyuk kissing a woman on TV, and she said she was jealous. How many times has Jang Nara kissed Jang Hyuk in real life - no need to be jealous.... :joy:

What made me sad, was to see how Ha Ri was being discriminated against because she is unmarried and is childless. I also feel that she has:

• Put a lot of pressure on herself to become a mom - it's her dream YET
  • She hasn't really pursued that since the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 :D

I am pretty interested to learn why. Being a workaholic is also running away from problems and feelings you have. I am pretty sure there will be a backstory for how she ended up like that.

The same goes for Muscle Sperm. He is continuously traveling around the world, unable to settle down. He has a lot of hobbies but doesn't seem content. He is in a sense very much like Ha Ri - running away from his own problems and feelings by doing things. i suspect that he also has a sad or traumatic backstory. Right now he really is very harsh and unkind towards people, which means that he's probably not very happy.

Best Friend Sperm is in the dumps after his divorce. Seems Ha Ri and him are long-time friends, but he dumped his friend because his new wife felt that Ha Ri was a threat. Men are like that. :angry: I think he will have a rough transition until he gets himself up on his feet again.

Young Sperm is really clueless. The menstrual cramp scene.... 'Nuff said! :D

tenor.gif

@triplem I decided not to be on any of these ships for now... :D

PS. Sorry, I was too lazy to look up the three guys' names. Hopefully I don't offend anyone  on this thread. :D

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

I laughed so hard when Ha Ri was watching the scene with Jang Hyuk kissing a woman on TV, and she said she was jealous. How many times has Jang Nara kissed Jang Hyuk in real life - no need to be jealous.... :joy:

That wasn't Jang Hyuk. It was Jung Woo Sung, although he and Jang do look alike. It was a scene from "A Moment To Remember", a 2004 movie with Son Ye Jin. Funny thing is, when I first started watching dramas, I thought Jang Nara and Son Ye Jin looked alike . 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400399wpp/hospital-playlist-hits-new-personal-best-in-ratings-oh-my-baby-sees-boost-on-day-2

“Hospital Playlist” Hits New Personal Best In Ratings, “Oh My Baby” Sees Boost On Day 2

May 14, 2020
by R. Jun

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist” has hit a new high point in ratings.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 14 broadcast of the drama recorded an average of 12.7 percent viewership, for a 0.6 point increase from its previous record.

tvN’s “Oh My Baby,” which premiered Wednesday, saw a boost in ratings on day two, recording average nationwide viewership of 2.95 percent. The premiere on May 13 recorded 2.0 percent.

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “Fix You” fell to its lowest ratings yet, recording averages of 2.2 and 3.0 percent.

Watch the latest episode of “Oh My Baby,” starring Jang Nara:

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

I'm so busy working from home and still have no time to watch OMB till now  :bawling:. Thanks to all especially @triplem for all the teasers.

Rating is getting better and I also hope my lifestyle can be back to normal too so I can sit down and enjoy this drama soon ....

OMB-EP2-RATING.png

Watching both episodes got me laughed so hard and then cried along with HR in the same time. Seriously, she's such a good mom to be. She loves kids so much and that truth of her current condition must broke her heart so much. I love the way JNR portray how desperate she is for having her own baby. Well, she does well in every chsravters she plays. 

I think the message that they're trying to convey here is quite touching and deep. I like the conflict and the plot is well paced. I hope she will get her baby despite the unexpected way she decides. I think HIS is starting to fall for her soon. This ahjussi, his smile is so sweet. The main leads are coming from different backgound with their interesting backstories, each of them are dealing with their past scars. And I see that it's going to be kind of a healing one to watch.

The early summary told that the three men will entangle with her and might be her sperm candidate. Seriously, this topic is quite taboo for some years ago but since things are much different nowadays, I think HR's choice of doing insemination probably one of the wises solution? Well, I'm curious to find out more. And it would be fun to see these three guys are pursuing her later. HR better plays hard to get to them and I'm so ready to see it. I think it would be much fun. :lol:

I just watched the first episode and it was wonderfully funny and even though the comedic elements isn’t anything we haven’t seen before, the show still did well and made me laugh. Then the whiplash of going from comedy to really dramatic and touching moment. The ending of episode 1 hits all the feels and JNR is sooo good as always in how she acts these scenes. It isn’t over done and she invoked empathy. 

I really applaud the show for tackling this issue and it’s done well and realistic. Women all over the world face so many difficult decisions about having a baby and it isn’t simple at all. As a single woman in her early 40’s, I can relate and (real story that may be TMI)...

Spoiler

had a friend who found out she had cancer after she got pregnant. She had to choose between baby and starting treatment to combat the cancer. She chose the baby but the cancer kept on spreading and she only had one year with her baby. Her husband also abandon her and now the baby is being raise by her brother and mother. To this day, when Mother’s Day comes along or something that highlights a mother’s love, I remember my friend. 

Ok just watched episode 2 and there were several lines in the drama that were lifted from my life lol. Maybe it’s the reality of a single woman in her early 40’s but then it goes to show you how the script writer did research very well. 

The rain fight scene and then the drinking scene were excellent. I was happy Ha Ri made her choice. 

I loved the premier of this drama, god Jang-Nara is amazing. It had a good balance of comedy and it really pulled off comedy as something that's funny and not cringey. The heart-tugging moments of JN remind me of her character in Go Back couple and I'm excited to see next week's episode.

Thank you Lord for the dramas this year, they are interesting, after experiencing a big slump of not finishing kdramas last year for no reason finally I'm back on board for the Korean Hype Train, choo choo

Mia Carr, it just premiered 3 days ago so I just  saw 2 episodes which I really enjoyed. This drama is supposed to have 16 episodes. I watched it in Viki without English sub. I didn’t know it is available in Netflix. That is good to know.

@stella77 Maybe it is available in Netflix Asia. I noticed that there are a lot of k-dramas available there but not here in the U.S...It’s the first time I heard that it is available in Netflix. I only watch through Viki so i’m very happy. It may take a few days for English subltitle but i’m fine with that. I’m really thinking of switching to Netflix from cable now that they are showing more k-dramas. But for now, I’m ok as don’t watch that much anyway. My problem is rewatching my favorite dramas over and over...

Archived