[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

@triplem Singlemotherhood in Korea is very difficult. Not only that you’re treated as an outcast but your child will be as well. It will affect both you and even other family members as Korea is a “group oriented culture”. I was surprised though that not paying financial child support is not a criminal offense in SK. It might be the same in other Asian countries so as not to encourage people to engage in premarital sex that usually ends up in unplanned pregnancies. It is very hard for an individual to raise a child without money and without any support from their family. Thus, men and women generally now wait until they are settled financially to commit into a serious relationship and marriage. Plus Korea is a “pressure cooker” society! You want your kid to be the best they could be, to reach their potentials and thus a lot of parents really put their all into their child’s education/ extra curricular activities and so another problem emerge, low birth in SK, even worst than Japan in a recent survey....As for Hari, she is ok financially and she has her mother to help her take care of her baby. She’ll really be a loving mother. Despite seeing both of her friends struggle with kids, she wasn’t discouraged. I am really rooting for her! I wish majority of would-be-mothers are like her. We have people who become mothers and fathers but don’t deserve their kids or I may say they were not good to their children...they are not happy to be around them and see them as burden. Hari is a different breed, she loves to be a mother even as a kid and see motherhood as a happiest thing ever. I feel bad that other than that she is in her late 30’s ( which is still not too late for having kids as women now a days could have babies in their 40’s) and no baby daddy in sight, she also has endometriosis which add to her urgency to have a baby. Was she only given 6 months to start pregnancy? I wonder how Hari’s story will unfold. Will she go to traditional or unconventional way of having a baby? Truly, the premise has a lot of potential and will see where the writer will take us. :)

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch: Jang Nara And Go Joon Show Off Their Chemistry + Park Byung Eun Soothes Baby Behind The Scenes Of “Oh My Baby”

May 18, 2020
by S. P
6969d4629b0546c8a6448e9fec6d520b.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Oh My Baby” has released a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of the first few episodes!

The making-of video begins with an introduction from Jang Nara. “I was actually pretty nervous about the first filming,” she admitted. “Since it was my first time in a long time playing such a fun and goofy character, I think that made me more nervous.”

Jang Nara then practices throwing darts on set together with Go Joon, who holds her arm and shows her how to aim. Go Joon even receives praise from the director, who is surprised that he scored 50 points twice during the filming.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1401073wpp/watch-jang-nara-and-go-joon-show-off-their-chemistry-park-byung-eun-soothes-baby-behind-the-scenes-of-oh-my-baby

Oh My Baby: Episode 1

by dramallama

The rom-com queen, Jang Nara, is back to reclaim the throne with Oh My Baby , a story about a modern working woman with a simple dream to be a mother. Of course, the dream is everything but simple for our heroine, who faces the pressures to demonstrate the traditional experiences of motherhood and marriage at her age. Love, marriage, and children in that order are a steep ask for a woman gradually aging out of child-bearing age, and we’re introduced to these challenges and potential solutions (read: targets) alongside our heroine. This first episode leans toward the comedy in the rom-com spectrum, so get ready for plenty of laughs.

EPISODE 1: “If you ask why I can’t marry”

We first meet our heroine, JANG HA-RI ( Jang Nara ), at the hospital as she’s rushed into the delivery room. After a successful birth, Ha-ri eagerly goes to the hospital nursery, where her mother is fawning over the baby. But when her mother turns around, she’s holding an adorable puppy, and Ha-ri’s anticipation shifts to anger. Obviously, this is all a dream, and Ha-ri wakes up on the bus on her way to a doctor’s appointment as the radio features her submission.

The radio host reads Ha-ri’s submission, and we learn about 39-year-old unmarried Ha-ri and her hope in the miracle of love. The relatable submission wins her a box of snacks, and Ha-ri celebrates the small miracle.

more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/oh-my-baby-episode-1/

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [2nd Week of May, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from May 11 to May 17 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on May 18.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of May 

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 38.64% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 16.18% 0)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 10.63% (0)

4. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 6.81% (0)

5. tvN “Oh My Baby“ - 4.82% (NEW)

6. KBS2 “Once Again” - 3.15% - (+1)

7. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - 2.82% (-1)

8. SBS “Good Casting“ - 2.27% (0)

9. KBS2 “Born Again“ - 2.26% (0)

10. KBS2 “Fix You“ - 1.91% (-5)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of May

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (0)

3. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Han So-hee (0)

4. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (+1)

5. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Jeon Jin-seo (-1)

6. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (0)

7. tvN “Oh My Baby” - Jang Na-ra (NEW)

8. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (0)

9. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jeon Mi-do (+16)

10. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (-1)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

Oh My Baby: Episode 2
by TeriYaki

After learning that her life-long dream may never come true, our heroine struggles with how to best respond, and it doesn’t help when she’s given lots of unwelcome advice. Verging on desperation, she tries to re-enter the dating scene but relationships take time, a luxury she can no longer afford. Further complicating her life is a certain pesky photographer who’s suddenly everywhere, and it’s becoming clear that there’s something about our heroine that he can’t ignore.

EPISODE 2: “Am I on the right path?”

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/oh-my-baby-episode-2/

K-Drama Premiere: “Oh My Baby” Puts A Spotlight On Prejudices, Burdens And Concerns Women Endure

IT IS A RACE AGAINST TIME, BUT JANG HA RI IS DETERMINED TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO HAVE A CHILD OF HER OWN.

Jang Na Ra, together with Go Joon, Park Byung Eun and Jung Gun Joo, star in this timely series. Oh My Baby follows the life of a workaholic woman in her late thirties. Our protagonist is in for a huge challenge as mounting pressure from family, friends and even from herself, to get married and have a baby is quickly taking its toll.

read more: https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/k-drama-oh-my-baby-premiere/

o1h48f6r1cdaq2m449s9.jpg

Game on ! :joy:

Like @triplem mentioned, the sperm hunt became a bit challenging because of the laws in SK. I was surprised that it is such a serious offense to buy sperm.

The whole scene where Ha Ri was meeting the professional sperm donor was just hilarious. I know it was embarrassing for her, but I couldn't stop laughing. The guy was a total player, too. :joy: And then ending up on the TV show "Unbelievable Incidents" and defending yourself by saying:
"I didn't even see the sperm". 

Wait what? Was he going to pull it out and show it to her at the café? lololol :joy:

@Lawyerh Scruffy friend Yoon Jae Young is cleaning up nicely. :kiss_wink: I felt so bad for him when he was running around trying to find a changing table for his daughter. If it's hard to be a single mom, it isn't easy being a single father either....

And did we detect a little bit of jealousy in him? It looks like he's trying to stake his territory every time I Sang is around Ha Ri? :smirk:

I can't believe Ha Ri blew off the character who was played by Lee Dong Gun, though. Girl needs to get some glasses! :joy:

They make me burst into laughter and cry in the next scenes. Oh gosh... I feel bad for HR. It must be really hard for her. She's darn pretty even almost 40! How can they convince me that when she looks that young. 

They might look her with prejudices and all but I get how she feels. Someone should propose her soon or else she'll stick to her plan. 

P.S. Han i-sang and Han se-sang. Lol. Their names sounds like a pun. 

Episode 3 had so much 'harsh reality' moments. From single mothers to sperm donors, it really goes to show that this topic is so taboo that there are still so much things this drama can address.

Hari seemed like a strong career woman on the outside, but from this episode, we can see that deep down she is really vulnerable. Isang as well, he seemed really successful and aloof about romance but he has his caring moments, and not as nonchalant.

Really looking forward to episode 4 when Hari's sperm donor analyzing skills comes into play. 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

It was also clear in this episode that  he knows HR well and he is very supportive of her as a friend. I do detect a sense of protectiveness he has over her , and who knows if it could turn romantic. Or at least there may be some sort of competition when I Sang realises he may ( has?) feelings for her  and acts on those feelings.

<snip: sorry to cut your post>

Anyway ...I think for now , all 3 are going to be a little bit wary of her crazy idea. I mean which guy would not..imagine your friend/ acquaintance / colleague ask you for a favour to donate your sperm the natural way. Lol ! So I think for  now she'll have to come up with some ingenious way to convince them or to get them drunk :D

@triplem I agree with your analysis of Jae Young and I'm really glad he's picking up the pieces of his life and moving forward. I think there will be some hilarious moments in store between Jae Young and I Sang. :lol: I am a realist, and understand that I Sang will get the girl in the end (it's so rare for the 2nd lead to get the girl in k-drama land).

Still, I like the fact that Jae Young and Ha Ri can show their feelings to each other and talk about everything. They can laugh and bicker, and it's clear that they feel very comfortable with each other. Their relationship is effortless and natural. If romance were to start from that, it would be the strongest relationship for Ha Ri compared to the other two gentleman. <sigh>

Anyway, I am ready to see the three father candidates' faces when Ha Ri drops the bomb! :lol:

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

Damn...ISang is falling for her super hard...( I ship this :lol:)....a lot of slo mo scenes of him staring at her ....:wub:

I didn't expect that it will happen too fast! Lol. But, I'm not complaining coz I wanna see more sweet moments from them. 

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

It really does seem the ship is moving along nicely but I think it is going to be one sided ...what do you think? I love the development though...but if it sails this fast , it worries me too :lol:

@triplem Thanks for the recaps!!!! :heart:

It worries me too that the ship is sailing this fast.... That means that it's going to encounter some rough seas at  some point....

Archived