[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

He's walking away again?!!

How much more is he going to hurt her at the expense of his denial?? But to be fair - there might be a valid reason for it because this seems to be the scene shown in the preview where he tells her "You don't own me!" probably after her scuffle with JR. Ugh poor girl's got a lot to learn about human interactions.

:cry::heartbreak:

Seo-Ye-Ji-Kim-Soo-Hyun-3.jpg

Cred. Soompi

OST Part.3 teaser: 

Park Won - My Tale

Coming out on July 5th 6pm KST!

Edited by blademan
  • Like 8
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@Ameera Ali haha when I saw the body, I was like “ooohhhh..” then saw the hair and went like this:

:fear:

33 minutes ago, blademan said:

He's walking away again?!!

How much more is he going to hurt her at the expense of his denial?? But to be fair - there might be a valid reason for it because this seems to be the scene shown in the preview where he tells her "You don't own me!" probably after her scuffle with JR. Ugh poor girl's got a lot to learn about human interactions.

:cry::heartbreak:

Cred. Soompi

PS: Anybody know of any new OSTs getting released this week??

These two can learn a lot from each other if they stop walking away from each other lol. KT can teach her how to interact properly and she can teach him how to express himself to lessen the stress on his shoulders. 

But I need these two to stop running away first because we all know they just gonna come back to each other 

:eating:

p.s. 

i am waiting for a new ost release too :D the ost in this drama is mesmerizing.

——

I was listening  to a song by GaIn called ‘Set Me Free’ from the drama VIP. Didn’t know it was originally from that drama so instinctively thought it was a new OST for this drama lol. I was like dang..this song is hella good!! And matches the drama so well.

This is the song I am talking about. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I hope this drama keep being good like this, like I can't wait for the new episodes T-T

I like how the writer/director paid attention to small details, the flashback when ST just walked out in the rain then realized it was raining so he quickly jumped back in (instead of pulling out the umbrella first like his mom did), or when he went shopping, instead of putting things he wanted inside the basket, he just carried all of them on his hands and the empty basket... ST is so adorable, no lie :lol:

KT slowly opened his heart to MY. From the beginning until now, KT has been a very nice and kind guy, but still there's something keeps him from accepting MY. It's probably not just her mental illness because he's treating and helping other patients too, but won't get close to her. He knew she is not normal, and the last episode, after summing up everything (seeing MY walked aimlessly on the road + her dad tried to kill her), KT just immediately ran toward MY, he knew she would do something reckless again and the girl seriously needs help... 

Obviously MY with her mental illness doesn't help her express her emotions in the right way, she just always does what people usually don't do. She likes KT for real but acts very poorly on that, she just keeps confronting him and his "ideal life" (keeps being the scapegoat of other people, taking care of his brother, thinks very little about himself...). Though her "brutal" words about his reality will wake him one day we believe. It's lucky for MY was able to meet someone like KT, who is kind enough to understand and care for her even though he rejected her, but unlike other people, he came back for her and just because of her. There are some similarities between them too, the sad childhood from being ignored or not treated in the right way (?) by their own mothers. "You're my best creature." "I gave birth to you so you can take care of your brother."  Their mothers treated them like "things" instead of "human" hence MY was badly affected from it (ASPD) and KT's life is barely about himself. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

I was watching a reaction video to episode 4 ending and there is a comment:

“Is he giving her his wet sweater? Cuz you know, it’s wet so won’t help much.” 

And this was my thought: “Wait. That’s right.”

As much as I loved this scene, the comment actually made a lot of sense. 

:loolz:

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

And this was me: Wait. That’s right.

:joy: In his defense, I am going to think of it as a waterproof jacket and even if it isn’t, it will protect her from the blowing cold wind...

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I still don't believe in this diagnosis ASPD. First, it was stated by the journalist who tried to blackmail her. How can we take his words seriously? Secondly, these are the characteristics for a person suffering from ASPD. 

• socially irresponsible behavior
  • disregarding or violating the rights of others
  • inability to distinguish between right and wrong
  • difficulty with showing remorse or empathy
  • tendency to lie often
  • manipulating and hurting others
  • recurring problems with the law
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • general disregard towards safety and responsibility (quoted from) https://www.healthline.com/health/psychopath#signs /

Just because she is stealing doesn't make her a sociopath. I would rather say that she is suffering from cleptomania. Then when she tried to stab the man, we shouldn't forget that she acted after witnessing how the little girl had been hurt and she had been called a lunatic due to her words. She was definitely affected by his words. Sure, her action was morally and legally wrong but even a normal person affected by a crime can retaliate. Why do we have people who ask for death penalty or kills someone out of revenge or hurt? These persons are never called sociopaths or psychopaths. They do it on affect. Then committing a crime like driving too fast... should we call all these persons who are driving carelessly also sociopaths?

Sure, you will answer that the addition of her wrongdoings is the problem. Yet, if you read all the features, you'll notice that many of them are not visible in MY.

She defended the right of ST and demonstrated that the person who committed a crime was the father. He assaulted ST first. Who lied later? The parents... She shows that she is able to feel empathy for others... and not just one person like ST but also for MT, the son of the politician and the patients from that psychiatry institution. She is willing to defend the weak ones. She knew what kind of problems they had hence she chose the right fairy tales for them.

She is listening to MT and realized her mistake, hence she decided to keep her word in the end. She went to pay a visit to her father like she had promised. She followed MT's advice and reproach. So she is learning her lessons too and she shows some regret.

She is not violent per se, she becomes aggressive, when she is threatened, like with the journalist or with the suicidal father. 

Then she doesn't lie as she is very honest with MT and even with the son of the politician. She doesn't hide her disdain and contempt for others... she is brutally honest. She knows how to be responsible for ST and she did that on many occasions. She shows more empathy towards weak persons because she knows deep down that the so-called normal people can be the most dangerous ones. That's why there is this work written by Hanna Arendt "Banalität des Bösen" (German)/ "Banality of Evil" because the normal people were the ones responsible for the Holocaust and not the mentally unstable ones. Her book represents an plea to civil courage and empathy... to stop people from discriminating and hurting others due to their differences. And this is exactly what MY is doing.

Her methods might be too rough and unorthodox but her intention is clear. Besides, she wanted to suffer the consequences of her actions (she asked to be called for the "kidnapping") but MT chose otherwise. 

My point is the following. She has definitely issues but she is not per se suffering from ASPD. Her cleptomania is a signal. She wants to get attention as she has always felt lonely. If she was suffering from ASPD, no doctor in his right mind would entrust her with mentally unstable patients. This would be dangerous and could be considered as a crime. She has been isolated all her life hence she needs to be reintegrated into society and to meddle with people that's why the doctor proposed her this offer. He knows that she has problems but we shouldn't forget that she did sign the papers for her father in the end. She didn't even stop her father while he was strangling her, she didn't even retaliate which shows how his first murder attempt has left a deep scar in her heart. 

She is an asocial person as she didn't really grow up in society, was secluded due to her familial situation and later due to her career and stigmatization as sociopath/psychopath. In my opinion, there is a reason why she was hesitating to save the boy (the flower), she had never received any help before and she didn't know the true value of a human being. Her own mother described her as an object, the perfect creation.   

• Like 5
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

Watching this drama not simply because I love this lead actress (almost fall in love) and the couple's chemistry, but mainly the story had made the plots an unusual start..........

I like the story that slowly seek for discovery and thought-provoking :
1. What's caused them the "mental illness" which most of them (including both leading actors) are not aware of even though they seemingly look fine?

2. The truth behind the butterfly story, why Moon Sang-Tae  (the autistic brother) was so afraid of the butterfly since young, was he the one who spotted the reason why their mum passed away?

3. The truth behind Ko Moon-Young 's  mum and dad, was her mum committed suicide in the castle house ? And why was her dad so afraid of his own daughter and wanted to kill her?

The story implicit the mental stress in a different approach. It did not display mental patients are all crazy fellows, they mostly look for so called "freedom" and seek for "social understanding and acceptance". Many people living in current modern society are not aware that we all have emotional distress synonyms depending on the degree of our stress (stress can come from our inner-self or externally, and also their family and up-bringing background). In this drama, Moon Kang-Tae  displayed his strong personality on the surface while in fact he was emotionally hurt deeply in the past. His stress level obviously came from his autistic  brother because he needed to pay extra attention and concern for his brother while he was the only breadwinner. He was truly disappointed when his mum gave birth to him simply because he needs to take care of his brother, used him as a "tool" instead of "human".

Their interaction was interesting and bold, her dialogue often simply "hit the nail on the head"  that led to Moon Kang-Tae speechless. I love this part. :D

I enjoyed their bold dialogues plus the cast acting that made the storyline so interesting..

Let's enjoy the full ride of this story throughout this drama. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Lol guys..i am sure this scene was not shown in episode 4 because I went back to watch the beginning and ending..so it can most likely be the opening in episode 5?

Zombie Kid made me cry and then JS made me cry with laughter :lol:

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:joy: In his defense, I am going to think of it as a waterproof jacket and even if it isn’t, it will protect her from the blowing cold wind...

lol funny thing is, I stopped the scene to see if the jacket is actually wet. I couldn’t tell so if it is wet, she would still be a freezing popsicle. But no one remembers the jacket is wet because we had such a sweet scene :joy: it was the comment from the reaction video that made me think again hahaha.

@bebebisous33 i am also on the same point with you that I don’t think MY has ASPD. But I will read through your points too and provide my feedback because I only read the very first part of your sentence and had to reply before I forget  :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Seo Ye Ji's "Cursed Castle" in "It's Okay To Not Be Okay"

Eb-430aVcAAoAW-?format=jpg&name=small

Mun Yeong (Seo Ye Ji) spent her childhood in a big mansion that her father built in celebration of her birth. It wasn't a blissful memory for her, an only child with successful parents.

the-scary-castle-of-seo-ye-ji-in-it-s-ok

The latest episode of the number one trending drama "It's Okay To Not Be Okay" gave viewers a glimpse of the mansion.

Mun Yeong is a celebrity and a children's book author. Her father was a well-known professor of Korean language at a top university. Now an old man, he suffers from dementia and is admitted to OK Psychiatric Hospital.

Her mother is a famous mystery novelist, who had had a great influence during her childhood years. It's forbidden to talk about her late mother's death, which has something to do with the mansion called "cursed castle."

the-scary-castle-of-seo-ye-ji-in-it-s-ok

read full article>>> https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118278/20200703/watch-seo-ye-jis-cursed-castle-okay.htm

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

K-drama at its best! :D

AWWW he said his heart skipped a beat when she touched his hair in the earlier episode! That's probably why he remembered it and told her do it again in the last BTS!

:love:

img.gif

Cred. Twitter (@surhzby)

• Like 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yeah but her clothes were see through !

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1