[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

anw this is cute hahahhahha, i didn't even realise it at first!! 

Love how they are having so much fun BTS! Didnt expect KSH to be such a goofball. Glad all the casts are having fun despite the drama being kind of dark :) 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The drama filming schedule released is until July 16th and it’s currently filming Episode 12

EP 9 Preview [The King with Donkey Ears]
Kangtae, after having a good time on his first trip in his life with Moonyoung, gets a phone call from an unexpected person. Meanwhile Sangtae, who dreamed of Kang Tae leaving him and going somewhere, isnt feeling well.

Top TV shows on Netlix in the world for the month of July

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Not Me said:

i guess the high school scene will be on ep9, as extra scene like bluebeard story?

btw, i just found this from the illustrator IG, dunno if this has been posted before

but from his post on july 3th, he already give hint MY hair will be short

if this is a glimpse of their future/ending, i will be very glad!!!!

KT,MY,ST travelling with the camping van!

wXtnG8Z.jpg

cr. jamsan74 ig

Loving it, how well it captures the fact that all three of them are still like children, even MKT.

Speaking of whom, incredible transformation in the last 2 episodes, the sincere smiles and the way he looks at KMY when he was always looked at her guarded, annoyed or downright angry. KMY always had a greater range and you could see fascination, expectation and curiosity on top of the usual playful, cheeky stares.

I said it a couple of weeks ago that this show and specifically SYJ were breaking ground here and I'm still surprised it keeps getting better and better. Am I alone in thinking that KMY has showed most of the usual tropes of the ML up to this point? The haughtiness, the higher social status (over MKT) the expensive attire... she has grabbed MKT's wrist four times (that I can remember) lol.

I think the conflicts will come from different angles:

1. ST. This one's already growing. He can be as possessive and as manipulative as KMY. Like two siblings fighting for their mom's attention.
  2. KMY's and the Moon brothers moms deaths, with the head nurse, the suspicious patient and KMY's dad right behind.
  3. KMY's past behaviour, maybe including that man's death in ep1 and the missing knife.

In all cases it probably will be MKT who will doubt/distance himself from KMY. Oh well.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

We also demand a BTS of a kiss scene :D 

Anyway I'm planning to buy the IONTBO book set <3 

2 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

EP 9 Preview [The King with Donkey Ears]
Kangtae, after having a good time on his first trip in his life with Moonyoung, gets a phone call from an unexpected person. Meanwhile Sangtae, who dreamed of Kang Tae leaving him and going somewhere, isnt feeling well.

I guess in the upcoming episodes it would focus on Sangtae's perspective - his feelings with MY, KT, them being "almost" a couple

2 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

The drama filming schedule released is until July 16th and it’s currently filming Episode 12

I guess they are filming the last few episodes :( I don't want this drama to end yet.....

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, shazai said:

Anyway I'm planning to buy the IONTBO book set <3 

Hi, sorry! For the book set, is it like a Kpop album with pictures? And how much does it cost usually?

23 hours ago, xpzpj said:

Hi, also almost the first time posting here.

Regarding the 15%, I watched the press conference, and KSH was obviously joking. And that was actually referring to the rating for the first episode, in which case 15% was almost impossible. My limited knowledge of KSH (I am trying to know him as much as I can) also suggests that he probably does not have a goal for rating (otherwise, he would not have chosen IOTNBO. After all, he has broken all kinds of records with ratings in the past already.

I was wondering/worrying about the rating, but then again, why should we let other people's preferences influence how we  enjoy this drama? I think the main reason behind the rating being what it is now is that the main target group of this drama is not the same group who would watch (paid) TV. I'd like to think that the production team does not really expect or care too much about the  high ratings to begin with. Because if they do, they would have inserted a kiss scene already, given that this is the type of scene that will create buzzes. Instead, they are moving the drama in a pace that suits the healing process and the story telling itself. 

So I am not sure if I make you feel better. But I think IOTNBO will stay with us for a long time... and that I am grateful for. 

ohh thanks so much for your response!! it made me realize a lot of things and re evaluate my priorities when it comes to this drama. :) 

• Like 6

A K-Drama was #6 on Netflix’s TV Shows Global Ranking today

It’s “Psycho But It’s Okay”

Original post: Theqoo

1.I watched it live on TV and re-watched it on Netflix again. It was so fun

2.I knew this would be about “Psycho But It’s Okay” as soon as I saw the title, the drama is getting more and more interesting each episodeㅋㅋ

3.It’s constantly topping Netflix’ ranking in Asia including S.Korea and it looks like the drama started rising in South American countries now, fighting!!

4.This is the only drama I’ve been watching lately and it’s f***ing fun!

5.I don’t usually watch K-Dramas but I’m interested in this one since it seems to be so visually pleasing, I think I’ll start watching it

6.See? Ratings are not the only standard of success! This drama is so fun!

7.”Psycho But It’s Okay” is f***ing fun to watch it’s my favorite drama of all time already ㅠㅠㅠ I’m so happy!! I hope it will rise even more

8.First of all, it is very well-directedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I enjoyed watching it these days, it’s such an interesting drama

9.The drama is really fun, I don’t get why ratings aren’t going upㅠㅠ I even watch it on Netflix tooㅠ…..

10.Oh! It must have hit big internationally!

11.I usually watch dramas from episode 5~6 but woah… This drama is f***ing fun! This is the most fun I’ve ever had while watching a drama in my life

12.The drama seems to be doing very well in every metric except for ratings

13.Ratings don’t even matter at this point!

14.There is no such thing as a bad actor in this drama… and it’s well-directed too!

15.It’s been a long time since I’ve had this much fun watching a drama. I hope it does even better!

Racoi rankings in the 2 weeks of July

Network response TV series : Psycho, but it's okay  NO 1 
Hot actors list : Kim Soo Hyun NO 1 and Seo Ye Ji NO 2

https://www.racoi.or.kr/kobaco/main.do

IMG_7728.jpg?type=w800

IMG_7729.jpg?type=w800

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading this Kind of Reviews make us so so happy

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12451520/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

More pic

Spoiler

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay Rank 6th In TV Shows World Ranking in Netflix

The popularity of It’s Okay To Not Be Okay is now unstoppable!

The drama lead by Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji are getting much attention in Netflix not just in Korea but also in Asia and South America.

On July 13th, the drama holds the rank 6th popularity record in worldwide ranking, in Netflix. Netflix is accessible in 190 countries worldwide.

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay also tops in the country popularity in Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Hong Kong. It also rank second in India and fourth in Japan.

The drama also becomes popular in Europe. It rank 8th in
Russia and rank 10 in Ukraine. Due to it popularity in South America it enters the world ranking.

It is also popular in Honduras, Nicaragua, Peru (6th), Chile, Panama (7th), Mexico, Paraguay (9th), Bolivia, and Brazil (10th) has skyrocketed, and it has become the center of global popularity in Asia, Europe, and South America. 

The drama It’s Okay To Not Be Okay surpasses the record of Itaewon Class and The King: Eternal Monarch which once rank 7 worlwide. Meanwhile, the ongoing drama Mystic Pop-Up Bar ranks 9.

The drama is also popular in its home country. According to Good Data it has been ranked first for consecutive weeks. Also, Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji is a hot topic. The ratings is also well-maintained. It has viewing rate of 5 to 6% (Nielsen Korea’s national standard) and holds the top spot in Cable channel ratings.

http://kimchistories.com/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-rank-6-in-worldwide-ranking-in-netflix/

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I am usually a big sucker for fan service (i.e. Actors posting photos together when they are off-screen), but I’m glad that It’s Okay To Not Be Okay isn’t going down that route. It’s nice to that people are tuning in to find out what will happen next to the characters and how the plot will develop. It happened to me when I was watching CLOY. I think Son Ye-jin posted a photo of her and Hyun-bin during Christmas, and so my shipper self went delulu. Knowing how rabid fans can get especially when it comes to shipping, it’s nice to see them withholding too much personal IG posts. Maybe, the only selca we’ll see would be the one from the preview haha. I’m not sure how it goes with other people, but I find myself enjoying the drama more. 

(And honestly, if you look through SNS, you’d see the reaction of their fans on the BTS and very few and rare interviews alone. I don’t know what will happen if they post a non-drama-related shoot selca hahaha)

While waiting for the next episode and if you have some time to spare, Save Me is available on Netflix. Seo Yeji’s acting there is really different. When I watched that and Lawless Lawyer, I had a deeper appreciation of her acting range. I’m really looking forward to how they will explore her character in this drama.

It’s amazing how she made KMY’s character someone the viewers can empathize with. The character itself does a lot of unlikeable actions, but SYJ breathed life in her portrayal. I can’t wait to see how she would evolve in the second half of this drama :)

• Like 12
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, zvahl said:

Hi, sorry! For the book set, is it like a Kpop album with pictures? And how much does it cost usually?

ohh thanks so much for your response!! it made me realize a lot of things and re evaluate my priorities when it comes to this drama. :) 

Looks like this. Cost around USD 26

1513347352.jpg

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Very cute. This BTS just dropped earlier. I'm not doing a translation of it since the subtitled videos come out so fast on this drama anyway, and subtitles are way easier to watch than reading translation text.

The bit with Choi Daniel was just too adorable as well. KSH and SYJ are cute as always.

Thank youuu, loooveee! :wub:

The way KSH laughs always melts my heart. :w00t: SYJ seems a bit more stiff at moments but when he blooms in a sporadic laughter, she instantaneously lightens up as well.

Those BTS moments remind me of the My Love from the Star's BTSs. KSH was constantly laughing there. Here is a bit more professional, giving instrutions and etc, but still the kid in him goes out. :D 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Though I know this was posted before, I love just looking at our OTP again while waiting for Saturday and thanks for SWOON for these clips over the last few weeks.

Just going to smash the REPLAY button a lot while I wait and lurk here. 

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Been re-watching and KT being jealous because of a pen is priceless. I have never realized how hilarious KSH is BTS. He truly is the mood setter and don't get me started on his high pitch laugh. LOL He's very entertaining to watch BTS. Props to his acting chops, crying in one scene to laughing like a goofball off screen. I appreciate actors who don't take themselves too seriously.

Edited by N Bina
  • Like 9
  • Love 3