[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I was wondering if the locations or that sea side town would get a huge tourism boost. Every time they drove on the road by the sea, it reminded me of when I lived in Japan - in a small fishing, seaside village or driving down highway 1 in California around Monterey down to Big Sur . My favorite thing to do on sunny days was just to go drive by the sea. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

'Psycho but it's okay' shows the visual space with detail and draws viewers into the world. 

The tvN Saturday drama 'Psycho, but it's okay' (directed by Park Shin-woo] shows unique visual spaces and props with unique materials and characters to stimulate viewers' interest. It is said that it contains an extraordinary effort of the art team, and heard the story behind the art director Shin Seung-jun. 

Art director Shin Seung-jun said that the most focused point before preparing the work was to ask the question "What would it look like to draw a fairy tale from an adult?" The task of realizing a fairy tale rather than a real space into a real space was a fresh challenge for him.

Full article

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002879848

0002879848_001_20200717094408198.jpg?type=w540

TOP 10 Shows South Korea [July 16]
1. Its Okay to Not Be Okay
2. The World of the Married
3. Hospital Playlist
4. Heart Signal
5. Stranger
6. Snowpiercer
7. Japan Sinks
8. Warrior Nun
9. Mr. Sunshine
10. My Mister

flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/south-korea/2020-07-16

TOP 10 Shows Hong-Kong [July 16]
2. Snowpiercer
3. Warrior Nun
4. Japan Sinks
5. Was It Love

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/hong-kong/2020-07-16

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Is it really love or he is happy because he feels free and able to let go instead of restraining himself as before? (That is the question I ask myself)  I am also wondering whether he got a suspension as another "trick" of the Director to give him time to heal since he knew the situation KT is in at the moment) 

One more day....

p.s She loves the mystery book written by MY's mother.  Does it mean she's MY's mother's fan?

now that I think about it more, you have valid points. But I also think it’s because he is starting to realize that he may actually love MY. When he is listening to the patient describe his reaction to the other patient, all KT can relate to is MY. So I think he is finally starting to embrace MY instead of pushing her away more. He is definitely more free around her and you know what I also thought of: I think the reason KT takes up these hospital jobs is to continue his caregiving skills and hold in more of how he feels inside. These kind of fields require patience and high tolerance. I think it’s burning him out even if he doesn’t admit it. He has to keep up with societal norms and is even told by coworkers and JR herself to apologize and admit it was a mistake.

For me, if I didn’t do anything wrong, I wouldn’t apologize blindly. But there were times when I had to apologize because the situation was made to feel like it was my fault. When I use to work at a nursing home, a lot of us had to apologize to families even though it wasn’t our fault. Managers use to say that we cannot wrong the families. I thought that we are all humans so even families can come out as disrespectful and rude. I even remember some coworkers telling me not to trust the residents’ words because their families are this way and that way. It turns out that it’s a two way street. Working in an environment like KT is mentally challenging too. So I definitely understand his feeling of freedom when he is smiling out of the office and towards MY. He must have also thought that now he can spend more time being free to run away for awhile and with MY. 

but judging from the preview, it seems like he will back out from his realization and go back to pushing away what he wants. I think his brother’s words that MY can have MT but not GT makes him realize that he cannot leave ST either. It is a sad truth. I hope these three can be together without needing to fight for KT’s space and attention. 

ooo..that’s right. Ms. Park does like MY’s mom’s stories. I wonder if the stories actually have clues to what was happening and perhaps, Ms. Park was able to decipher it. Then does this mean she is aware of the relationship between him and the author? I mean, it’s not a secret right, within the facility? If I remember correctly, everyone knows whose parents are MY’s. So then is Ms. Park actually someone who knows the truth..

200.gif

edit:

11 hours ago, Not Me said:

look at those book & merchandise they sell! the production house is smart, no excessive PPL, they sell merchandise instead! it's good! rating is about getting recognition so moooore brands will sponsor you for the production cost.

so it shows from they start that they already have the picture how the series will be doing and already plan this.

by the way, i just realize that KSH doesn't have adam's apple..hahaha now i cant help to stare at his neck everytime they focus on him. it's just that this is the first i see a man that doesnt have it..

imagine how shock i was when i saw the Subway PPL once more in a drama

:fear:

haha are u sure he doesn’t have an Adam’s Apple?? 

PM8G6Q7.jpg

i see it. It’s there :P

14 hours ago, lolly84 said:

MPOV: if ST really accidentally killed their mother i will be disappointed... hope there'll not be the case.

actually, this point is very possible right now. We can see that ST has violent outbursts, and when he does it is hard to control him. He is quite strong since he is able to give KT bruises and give MY a nose bleed while he barely has a scratch. I actually hope this isn’t the route either because not only will I be disappointed but it would break me to see KT find out all along that he was living with the murderer.

The main clue right now is the butterflies. We have only seen butterflies associated to MY. So I am wondering if MY’s parents killed her in some way. The dad perhaps if he killed the mom, or the mom to get KT away from her daughter. Because I had this thought: if ST knew MY from young somehow and knows butterflies is connected to her, he would recognize her name. Plus, we had a glimpse of his dream. Butterflies were chasing him. This implies to me that someone could have been chasing the mother before she was killed. Perhaps, ST saw an embroidered butterfly on the clothes and that is what he associates with the killer. There has to be a reason why his head can’t be touched because I recall the mother being able to hug him while touching the back of his head. 

4 hours ago, stella77 said:

I don’t think the head nurse is MY’s mom - there’s too much asking of viewers: 1. that she would have to change her appearance; 2. her personality is quite warm and so very different than MY’s mom and; 3. also that the husband won’t recognize his own wife even if she did changes her appearance. 

I do think head nurse has an alternative motive to get close to ST but it is probably part of a plan devised by head Dr and herself to help ST. 

I agree. The Head Nurse cannot be the mom because her presence just doesn’t give that off. If she was the mom, she would treat MY differently and almost controlling once more like how she was in the mansion. And i hope writers don’t choose to make her the mom but through plastic surgery and amnesia. Please, no..

——

someone mentioned that KT worked so much so how did he manage to get a 6 pack?? LOL! Totally makes sense but I was too busy drooling to think logically and instead saying “well...

:heythere: sexy man..”

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

At this stage, I am not sure if what MY and KT has is love. It is kinda hard to pinpoint exactly how they feel about each other but they have feelings for other for sure.

For me, the turning point of their relationship is the night MY cries out for KT to go away but grabs his shirt for dear life. 

When KT comes get ST at the haunted mansion, he is ready to walk away from MY. He cares about her enough at that point to come get her during the pouring rain, drive her to his house for safety, catch her on the stair so that she will not fall. But he is already too tired taking care of ST and does not want to be needed by anyone else. At that time, it is hard to believe that MY truly needs KT like this. If I were KT, I wouldn't believe her either. But the way MY cries out helplessly during her sleep and grabs KT's shirt shows how vulnerable she is and how she truly needs KT to be by her side. Being a caretaker as he is and understanding how fragile she can be inside, KT is willing to stay for the girl who saved him when he was a child. Except for KT, no one else knows the real MY. Even ST, who claims to be a fan of MY, does not understand her. I bet KT starts to take MY's words and feeling seriously starting from that night. His ability to read between the lines is what makes him a empathetic person/

MY may have a complicated childhood but she is actually can be really simple-minded. She has a goal and she goes for it. She likes KT so she puts him in the center of everything. She fights with ST to keep the doll just because KT gives it to her. She is willing to show him her vulnerable side and starts listening to him, care about his feeling. She tries to cheer him up. She covers him from the rain when he covers ST. There are times when she is really just cheerful and bubbly like a  spoiled kid but her words can simply cut deeps and makes KT re-thinks about his life. And she is not afraid to say her feeling or call out on KT's jealousy. She is impulsive and acts on the moment. She can be devil and sweet at the same time. Honestly, she is really a handful for KT to handle.

I am happy to see that KT can see past her brash and blunt behavior to understand that she, just like him, simply wants to loved; I love how he protects her from harms, starts listening to her, gives her priority in his life and also re-evaluates his life for the first time.

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Hi new user here. Been following this forum since the episodes started. Been reading all the comments and theories about the drama. 

anyways stumble on this on Twitter. Apparently it was taken from tumblr. And I decided to share it. I like how it explains about KMY. 

2225FD30-1DDC-4DD8-9061-2D6ADDC41F3F.jpg

961F285A-F090-493B-B868-AA91EF545279.jpg

Edited by Azleen Nuria
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

We've come a long way.

62d4de4bd99de3d342bb58e24f439416b7c4ce09 b19e4027860e901c97d7dbbe483ae0d71d0bdda0

Bonus:

Spoiler

ac55edf6020fe58863f023af9955207617f8d68c

Cred. sseureki

Honestly I'm torn. The fangirl in me wants them to kiss and make out already! But the realist in me knows that they are in no way prepared to handle a romantic relationship atm :tears: Yes we have seen them slowly but surely evolving from their childhood trauma and regrets but I think we've just scratched the surface on that one.

So many questions unanswered - the butterflies, the basement, the dad and Ms Park, what happened to MY's mum?? And to make them romantically involved on top of that?? I mean if the writers do go down that route, I trust them to make it believable and organic - they've done an amazing job so far. 

But dang I'm not gonna complain if they do kiss soon enough cause we know homeboy needs it.

:Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, blademan said:

We've come a long way.

Bonus:

Hide contents

Cred. sseureki

Honestly I'm torn. The fangirl in me wants them to kiss and make out already! But the realist in me knows that they are in no way prepared to handle a romantic relationship atm :tears: Yes we have seen them slowly but surely evolving from their childhood trauma and regrets but I think we've just scratched the surface on that one.

So many questions unanswered - the butterflies, the basement, the dad and Ms Park, what happened to MY's mum?? And to make them romantically involved on top of that?? I mean if the writers do go down that route, I trust them to make it believable and organic - they've done an amazing job so far. 

But dang I'm not gonna complain if they do kiss soon enough cause we know homeboy needs it.

:Twerkdatbutt:

About the romantic relationship between KT and MY i see all of that in a different way compared to some of you in this thread. They are meant to be together because both character complement each other. There's no way they'll not end up together :shaq: Even if they are healing in different way at some point THAT healing got them to this point. I suspect KT and ST's mom has seen something that she shouldn't have seen and died. Maybe head nurse in involved in all of this and maybe Park Ok Ran knows something about MY's mom disappearance!

On a light note i really want them to kiss but i think we'll get a steamy kiss by the end of ep 9 or 10.:heartxoxo:

• Like 5

Help our Kang Tae :blush:

KIM SOO HYUN of South Korea is an Official Nominee for 100 SEXIEST MEN IN THE WORLD 2020!

Help Kim Soo Hyun advance by liking this photo and posting a nice comment below
1 like is equal to 2 votes
1 comment is equal to 1 vote

TO VOTE CLICK HERE:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCsrci_ph1o/?igshid=1w3mevmd0p9ya&fbclid=IwAR2up3aFxBmCn5nkftQL2Nyp6JFLZRfu0e7rhH63KHnxKmfdjvOtfLEINUI

109875250_1327823110883068_5494081112223

Kim Soo Hyun  is one of the official nominees for The 100 Most Beautiful / The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2020.

Please visit this IG link and love his photo to vote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB9yQuEHE1R/?igshid=n66wi5qc3cd5

109114608_1327807157551330_3142683091059

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I was catching up with a good friend via LINE and we haven’t seen or talked to each other since this pandemic came and out of the blue, she told me she was watching this drama and recommended it to me lol. So we spent a bit of time talking about the leads but most of all the amazing writer - which I need to look up and memorize his/her name from now on. So now I have a few ppl in real life to also discuss this drama with - everyone is very much loving it. 
:happy2:

Update: Writer is name Jo Yong! 

• Like 6

TOP 10 Shows South Korea [July 17]

2. The World of the Married
3. Hospital Playlist
4. Heart Signal
5. Stranger
6. Snowpiercer
7. Japan Sinks
8. Warrior Nun
9. Mr. Sunshine

10. My Mister

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/south-korea/2020-07-17

TOP 10 Shows Hong-Kong [July 17]
2. Was It Love

3. Snowpiercer
4. Warrior Nun
5. Japan Sinks

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/hong-kong/2020-07-17

Hong Kong actress is watching IOTNBO too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCtK2a-l9O-/?igshid=1stwxtzn6lhvh

• Like 6

6 hours ago, blademan said:

CAN WE ANTICIPATE A KISS THIS WEEK?!!

To be honest, if there is a kiss this week, I believe it would be on Sunday. Or even next week. As I said in another thread - a kiss on Saturday would be way too predictable for a drama that is anything but predictable. :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Gosh cannot wait til tomorrow for our next fix of this great drama.

I found this person loving the drama and a fan writing a post. LOL.

(Pics were not copied and pasted here---go find in original link)

https://www.laineygossip.com/i-am-desperate-lonely-in-my-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-obsession/66658

Intro for July 17, 2020

Lainey
POSTED BY LAINEY
ON 7/17/2020 AT 8:58 AM

Dear Gossips, 

I need the weekend more than ever lately. Not because of work but because the weekend is when new episodes of my current favourite show are released on Netflix. Right now, eight out of sixteen episodes are available, with new episodes, one on Saturday and another on Sunday, posted immediately after they air in South Korea. It’s all I can think about through the week, and it gets worse on Fridays because I tell myself, don’t watch on Saturday, wait for Sunday and you can watch both episodes, back to back, and have two plus hours with these people to sustain you for the next five days. Then, inevitably, I cave on Saturdays because I have no self-control. I am not okay for It’s Okay To Not Be Okay. And what makes it worse is that I have no one to talk about it with! 

Which is why I’m bringing it to you in this space, so that someone out there will be as hooked as I am and we can start a support group or something. It’s Okay To Not Be Okay is part fairytale, part rom-com, part mystery, and a fashion show. Like every time lead actor Seo Ye-ji shows up, the set becomes a runway. But not frivolously as the wardrobe is critical to understanding the character and advancing the story. 

Mostly though, nothing works if not for the chemistry between the two leads – I’m a mess every time they’re in a scene together, and even the cameras can’t seem to help themselves, as if operating on automatic and refusing to cut away when the two are making eye contact. That must be why they’re  always lingering on them looking at each other. Ordinarily I’m impatient with that sh-t but with this show, just watching them watching each other is enough – look at these two! I’ve now become that person who wants them to be in love in real life! 

Shipping aside though, here’s another example of the point I’ve been trying to make about content and distribution during the pandemic: It’s Okay To Not Be Okay only went into production in the first quarter of this year. They might actually still be filming some scenes for the final episodes. Which means they’ve been able to shoot and begin post-production and roll out the marketing (trailers, promotional photos etc) and GO TO AIR in just six months. North American projects (with a couple of exceptions), meanwhile, have been on pause with no word on when anything resembling a normal production process will resume. At some point, if this goes on, they’re going to run out of the content that had already wrapped prior to lockdown. Netflix, however, may have less to worry about because they’ve already established a robust content acquisition pipeline from so many regions around the world like East Asia where, as I’ve just established, they’re not only producing new material, they seem to be doing it more efficiently. 

This reminds me of what Bong Joon-ho said at the Golden Globes back in January where he kicked off Parasite’s award season sweep: 

The longer this goes on, resistance to subtitles may no longer be an option. Might as well get over it now, right? Please, for me, watch It’s Okay To Not Be Okay. I am desperate and lonely in this obsession. 

Yours in gossip,

Lainey 

• Like 7

as we're halfway through the drama, there are many things i like and some things i find a bit unsettling about this drama. feel free to educate me and share your opinions as i might be overlooking some important details! i just needed to ramble about something haha :)

so far, everything about IOTNBO has been great. i like the story development, character growth and the hint of suspense. every episode has taught me something or the other and i really like how mental illness is portrayed in this drama. but, i don't think i'll say the same about how they've tackled it in some situations. i don't have much knowledge about KGD's case so i don't want to assume everything but the way his story ended after defaming his father and getting slapped by his mom was a bit absurd, i guess. in the case of the lady, they made it seem as if she "healed" after hearing MY and letting go of her burden. i'm pretty sure the condition she was in required more treatment and care. i'm aware that those characters were there just for some limited time and this show certainly isn't a mental health documentary for us to over analyse every single detail. also, they didn't mention about the lady and KGD healing so i might be completely wrong as well.

what i look forward to now is MY's ASPD diagnosis and treatment. well, we still don't know much about it so i hope the way they tackle her problem isn't disappointing in any way. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, glory said:

as we're halfway through the drama, there are many things i like and some things i find a bit unsettling about this drama. feel free to educate me and share your opinions as i might be overlooking some important details! i just needed to ramble about something haha :)

so far, everything about IOTNBO has been great. i like the story development, character growth and the hint of suspense. every episode has taught me something or the other and i really like how mental illness is portrayed in this drama. but, i don't think i'll say the same about how they've tackled it in some situations. i don't have much knowledge about KGD's case so i don't want to assume everything but the way his story ended after defaming his father and getting slapped by his mom was a bit absurd, i guess. in the case of the lady, they made it seem as if she "healed" after hearing MY and letting go of her burden. i'm pretty sure the condition she was in required more treatment and care. i'm aware that those characters were there just for some limited time and this show certainly isn't a mental health documentary for us to over analyse every single detail. also, they didn't mention about the lady and KGD healing so i might be completely wrong as well.

what i look forward to now is MY's ASPD diagnosis and treatment. well, we still don't know much about it so i hope the way they tackle her problem isn't disappointing in any way. 

I was really interested in the story of Gido and the mom:

KGD is said to have manic episodes. Given the portrayal, it is possible that his is so severe that he is experiencing psychosis. Usually episodes of mania are associated with Bipolar I disorder. That wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the show though. Meanwhile, mom was said to have depression with psychotic features. Anyway, these two are somehow related because they’re mood disorders. (I’m not saying Gido has bipolar type i disorder. I apologize if it may appear like that.)

I just thought about sharing this because when I remembered this while I was watching the show, I developed a deeper appreciation for it. Usually, shows and movies just portray the major depressive disorder. It was nice to see both represented on screen. And clearly, the different reactions of fans towards the two patients show the lack of knowledge regarding manic episodes.

I agree with you when you said that they weren’t completely healed. :) Even the director mentioned it in episode 4. I might have misunderstood it but I think these things reiterated the point “the first step is always the hardest”. The director mentioned that to Sang-tae. For Gido, the first step came in the form of releasing his anger towards his dad. His reaction to his mom is, sadly, an effect of being neglected for so long. The succeeding dialogue which points to the dad locking Gido in the hospital and the director berating him implied that Gido is not yet well but he is slowly going to get better. 

For the mom, her first step is letting go of that one thing that ties her to her daughter (aka what is her burden).

In episode 6, when explaining the mom’s condition to KT, the head nurse said something along the lines of “for the time being”, and I found it relevant because it emphasized the importance of time when someone tries to heal or get better. It doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time, but once you take those little steps, it will start to get better. The director again reiterates this when he took a walk with the mom. The first step is always the hardest, and her road to recovery will take a lot of time too. :) 

I’m sorry if it seems that my thoughts are a bit all over the place :( 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, midflight said:

succeeding dialogue which points to the dad locking Gido in the hospital and the director berating him implied that Gido is not yet well but he is slowly going to get better. 

Hey @glory i think in GYD's case (politician's son), it is implied that the father took him to another facility.

What I understand is that the director leaves some things ambigious... example we know MY's actions have consequences but those we generally only hear through the publishing house director's experience. Nothing has come back to impact MY in a big enough way for us to see. Similarly, we only see big episodes of guest characters while some progress in their life happens that also helps the main story but beyond that we just hear of where they may go.

Did i make sense?

Btw it is a happy day! Thank god for saturday. Dear dramagods... please let this drama continue to amaze us and make us happy :D

looking forward to the date.

• Like 7