[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCLmaSrJ4Ws/?igshid=pfly6j0vi38m

Is it back to square one...? :please:

Or the new beginning of their life after marriage? (can be their honeymoon destination too) :biubiu:

49 minutes ago, starrynic said:

Isn’t Sora her BFF who’s always on her side and also who helped set her up with HK at the camping trip (which I adored!!!)? Why wouldn’t she tell her??

From what I noticed, DH has put herself in a nutshell. She is not be honest with any one.  She not telling anyone, what's happening in her life. So it some what explains that there is literally no one she is confiding in right now (No BFF stuff, for now)

1 hour ago, starrynic said:

Omg omg omg are they extending the drama to 20 episodes??? :w00t:

Really?? Don't know if its a good news or bad news? I am totally up for watching KHK and DH in love for even 25 episodes, just afraid that they don't extend the story to a meaning less point...:hotinhere2:

• Like 5

@Wook's Fan I must admit I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the drama seemed to have jumped immediately to Im So-ra suspecting that their much sought-after guest, Dr. Kim Hae-kyung, and their resident B-class producer, Woo Do-hee, are dating.  There should have been a scene first where she realizes that her friend's email adversary and unnamed dinner mate are one and the same. Or, the drama could have explained this by a flashback scene at the camping site. It's plausible that So-ra stayed a bit to find out who Do-hee's mysterious Jeju Man is. She did, after all, set them up to go camping together.  Then after that, she should have confronted her friend about it. :mellow:

• Like 8

Yes that dress is definitely new, must be something she’s gonna wear in upcoming episodes :wub:

54 minutes ago, Wook's Fan said:

But if you think more, it rarely happens that a show will sail smoothly (happy going) all the time. There comes a point where we start disliking a particular part. It's my personal experience (don't mind if you don't agree). For instance, when in R88 Deok Sun went with PBG (I was disappointed), when in CLOY there was just too much of melodrama (after Seri got shot and RJH captivated by SK NIS), and much more). Please share your experience too, if you ever felt such a feeling....

Very very true. If there’s no bad/sad part it wouldn’t be kdrama lol

33 minutes ago, akhenaten said:
Updated to 12/20 episodes??? I saw it on IQIYI (yes, I took out a VIP subscription just for this drama :D). 

Omg @akhenaten me too! VIP just for this :D

8 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

@Wook's Fan I must admit I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the drama seemed to have jumped immediately to Im So-ra suspecting that their much sought-after guest, Dr. Kim Hae-kyung, and their resident B-class producer, Woo Do-hee, are dating.  There should have been a scene first where she realizes that her friend's email adversary and unnamed dinner mate are one and the same. Or, the drama could have explained this by a flashback scene at the camping site. It's plausible that So-ra stayed a bit to find out who Do-hee's mysterious Jeju Man is. She did, after all, set them up to go camping together.  Then after that, she should have confronted her friend about it. :mellow:

Exactly that. I thought about it. It’s a plot hole. Be as BFF as she is to DH, she couldn’t have known. It bothered me too. Though it may Be that Sora didn’t stay at that camping trip because if she’d found out then she’d have told DH that her Jeju Man was indeed her email adversary and I think the writers didn’t want that. They want DH to find out KHK’s identity from NE instead, much more melodramatic. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:
Updated to 12/20 episodes??? I saw it on IQIYI (yes, I took out a VIP subscription just for this drama :D). 

Hm. I went to the official site and cant find any drama scheduled after "Diner mate"

• Like 5

8 hours ago, akhenaten said:

According to Global MBC website here, it’s still listed as 16 episodes. Does anyone has any confirmation that the drama was extended? My Drama List, Asian Wiki, and Koreandramaorg also have 16 episodes. 

Below image is from MBC Global Media:

Dinner Mate

썸네일 이미지
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, starrynic said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCGh7ywpvDP/?igshid=14fmrpug7lgbm

In this video we kiss NE watching DH and HK kissing at the resort workshop, but the episode itself we don’t see NE? Anybody else?

@starrynic maybe they will show that version of the kiss scene in a flashback for future episodes. :)

Speaking of kisses, I hope we get one or two more. I’m also afraid that MBC might think, heck, we gave them a kiss that lasted more than a minute! That should be enough to tide them through the rest of the drama! (Because MBC is a mainstream television network and might be more consrvative than a cable network like TVN). And then all we’ll get are cute smiles and very little skinship. Duh. Another thing that I hope they don’t do, because hello! Our couple is in their thirties.  They’re adults. 

I hope they take a leaf out of the 2016 SBS drama “Doctors Crush”.  Kim Rae-won and Park Shin-hye had about two or three kisses and they were really well done.  Suited for their characters’ ages.  And mind you, they weren’t those close-lipped kinds, where it looks like the actors just stuck their faces close together. :D

• Like 6

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

According to Global MBC website here, it’s still listed as 16 episodes. Does anyone has any confirmation that the drama was extended? My Drama List, Asian Wiki, and Koreandramaorg also have 16 episodes. 

Below image is from MBC Global Media:
Director Ko Jae-hyeon

MBC will broadcast a series sci-fi special dramas after Dinner Mate at 17 Aug so we will still have 16 eps.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Have you guys seen this photo that SSH uploaded to his IG a couple of days ago?  Looks like him as Kim Hae-kyung and he's on the piano.  Wow.  Just when I thought I couldn't love his character more... 

Seems like he is in the same shirt, as he is wearing in the preview of ep 13  (25-26)

I guess he went to drink after coming from to DH's home. Looks sad and unsatisfied. -_-

5 hours ago, starrynic said:

In this video we see NE watching DH and HK kissing at the resort workshop, but the episode itself we don’t see NE? Anybody else?

We may see it in flashback. May be when NE heard all their conversation (looking how HK was anxious because he didn't want DH to misunderstand further he was kind of jealous too). This must have triggered her to take on a bold step, which we might see in the upcoming episode...

Lets look up for next episode...:letsgo:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, hugo10 said:

MBC will broadcast a series sci-fi special dramas after Dinner Mate at 17 Aug so we will still have 16 eps.

But our drama will end at 14 of July.

I also think it's a mistake, but nothing really scheduled after Dinner mate

• Like 4