[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

22 minutes ago, Cherie Cee said:

Oh wow, suddenly episode 11 and 12 changed the direction of the show. Light to dark. I am terribly annoyed st the writers, they better have a good explanation why its turning out this way and stir it back to the right direction. Seriously, this is Dinner Mate, not Ex-mate!!

Lol 

• Like 3

In the last episode DH said about NE that she is pretty, cool and hard-working. She doesn't like her, because NE is her boyfriends ex, but she thinks, that NE a decent girl. While JH is all miserable and crazy. 

DH chose JH and asked him to date. So I think, she feels responsible for him somehow. And she is blaming herself for being blind for so many years. 

I think, first of all she needs a psychiatrist and not a boyfriend. She cant be happy with someone else until she can be happy with herself.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

This is what is really bothering me. I’m so disappointed with DH to the point I feel like she’s not good enough for HK now. She has betrayed him, and not for any reason like saving his life (proper noble idiocy), she has just done it out of a lack of consideration and it shows such disrespect for their relationship and him that it makes me mad. The writers have really misjudged this, I hope knetizens are pointing this out. DH needs to do nothing short of a miracle if she’s going to turn this around for me.

This so much this! After she went back in after lying to HK all in could think was you know what anything that's happens to you now is of your own making and I hope he breaks up with you. Like seriously it made no sense. Anyone with a brain would be rolling out the red carpet for their partner how came running to rescue them from their mentally unstable ex that you come home to find still in your apartment having trashed it. And bonus he's also a shrink I mean come on now what more could you ask for. She don't deserve him. In get she might be concerned for JH and the stigma this comes with mental illness especially in SK would tarnish him (bosses can get a hold of medical info so it really does have stronger consequences than for example here in UK). But again your hot boyfriend who is a shrink and dang good one at that came to save you, she could have easily told him that  we need to be even more discreet than normal doc patient confidentially. 

As for HK rising to the bait it's clearly not a coincidence that reporters are in the waiting room when my dude comes to "seek help". Why did that nurse receptionist dude even let him through, he knew dude was bad news. I too didn't understand why he said HK had to treat him and couldn't turn him away. But then in Fix You they doctor ended up with his patient so boi don't know. Then again look at Keanu's situation it's a place where public sentiment can make or break you no matter the facts so he could have gone made a tale about being refused treatment I guess. All that been said they really did just take our smart shrink and made him look like an idiot. His career will be jeopardised and DH will break up with him because she realised it her fault...yad dah, yah dah, yah dah...back together come the end. :unamused:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, celebrianna said:

This is the part that most surprised me today. I don’t know what JH said but HK’s actions were outrageous. To lose sight of everything else even alarming his patients outside will undoubtedly land him in hot water professionally. The medical reporter was still there and witnessed everything. I’m patiently waiting to see what instigated such behavior but I think JH achieved his objective in going there. I can’t believe HK fell right into the trap.

I have a feeling Jae-hyuk probably told Hae-kyung about how he broke into Do-hee's apartment. It's possible that he made it appear as if she still loved him because she never changed the pass code. He probably also told Hae-kyung that they were already living together for so long. I'm not sure if the Korean culture accepts this kind of setup openly but if I'm going to go by No-eul's derogatory comment about how people said Do-hee and Jae-hyuk have been living like a married couple for ten years, using it to bait Hae-kyung, then maybe it's something that's frowned upon.

It's possible that Jae-hyuk twisted things so that he can emotionally manipulate Hae-kyung.  Unfortunately, despite Hae-kyung being a professional who's supposed to know how to deal objectively with these situations, he was caught at hia weakest point.  I don't think he can be objective when it comes to Do-hee and he did say that to her.  He even said that the mere idea of Do-hee being alone with Jae-hyuk already makes him angry. So that seemingly patient and forgiving facade that he showed Do-hee after that fiasco with the cake was just that, a facade. Underneath it, he was probably seething with anger and just about THIS close to twisting Jae-hyuk's neck. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

The funny moment when you identify with a character. I totally understood Kim Hae-Kyung when that young patient talked using abreviations. Hae kyung was me.

PC is portable charger? I thought it is personal computer. :w00t:

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

I don't know about the psychiatry, so I don't understand what writer meant when JH heard the lie of DH to create the illusion for people with obsessive-disorder.
Also, I sympathize with DH lying, but I really didn't like when she telephoned JH, knowing clearly that he had broken into her house to look for traces of love. She was foolishly worried about his health. It is absurd.

In my opinion, DH should stand outside her house to wait for HK to come and then both go inside her house to observe, so it would be more reasonable. Although it can make DH even more embarrassed with HK, but the protective of HK will make her more confident about this new love.

As for Noeul, I absolutely hate her brazenness.:naughty:  She is extremely selfish and arrogant. When asking to break up or come back, she always dismissed HK's feelings, just thinking about her feelings. GW even recalled the distress that she caused to HK when they were in love, but she was seem just suffering for herself because HK canceled the appointment.

The way she asked HK to come back to her or join the project was so arrogant that it was ridiculous, like no one could replace her in this world, no one better and prettier to be able to worth HK's love.

The process of Noeul trying to win back HK's love started with an arrogant attitude, then a unblushing face, then crocodile tears, and finally tried to use a cowardly way to enlist reporters and fans. 

@akhenaten: I really love your post. However, I can be quite merciful for JH but I cannot accept Noeul's selfishness. I doubt JH's trap and the article from Noeul will simultaneously destroy HK's honor.

Oh, I really hate the exes, but thanks to their nonsense, the couple quickly realize who their true love is.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I have a feeling Jae-hyuk probably told Hae-kyung about how he broke into Do-hee's apartment. It's possible that he made it appear as if she still loved him because she never changed the pass code. He probably also told Hae-kyung that they were already living together for so long. I'm not sure if the Korean culture accepts this kind of setup openly but if I'm going to go by No-eul's derogatory comment about how people said Do-hee and Jae-hyuk have been living like a married couple for ten years, using it to bait Hae-kyung, then maybe it's something that's frowned upon.

It's possible that Jae-hyuk twisted things so that he can emotionally manipulate Hae-kyung.  Unfortunately, despite Hae-kyung being a professional who's supposed to know how to deal objectively with these situations, he was caught at hia weakest point.  I don't think he can be objective when it comes to Do-hee and he did say that to her.  He even said that the mere idea of Do-hee being alone with Jae-hyuk already makes him angry. So that seemingly patient and forgiving facade that he showed Do-hee after that fiasco with the cake was just that, a facade. Underneath it, he was probably seething with anger and just about THIS close to twisting Jae-hyuk's neck. 

Oh there is no doubt. It's the strawberry situation being played out again. He's, one, good at pushing the right buttons and two, play acting cause if you watch carefully you can see he's pushing himself into HK as much as HK is trying to grab him making it look more dramatic. The con is on, now let's see how writtenim plans to resolve this unnecessary bullocks. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

This is what I think too, they didn't reveal what he exactly said right before the breaking point where we see HK throw JH out of his office. I have a feeling this is gonna be revealed to us in a flashback in next week's episode. Like you said, we are starting to see that he is as imperfect and human as the rest of us, he may have been extremely professional up until this point but when his loved one is in jeopardy or his relationship is at stake, that all goes out the window. Her lack of trust isn't also helping the situation, I think HK feels very powerless and stuck in a hard place because DH won't trust him enough to tell him anything but still looks worried and Keanu is slowly revealing crumbs of info about JH 2 steps too late for HK's liking; idk if you guys noticed this but HK always finds out some concerning detail about JH from Keanu after he's caught onto it himself through his own observations/interactions. Being left in the dark has him not knowing what to do or believe at this point, he just knows JH poses a dangerous threat and now he knows how manipulative he can be.  

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, catch22 said:

Her lack of trust isn't also helping the situation, I think HK feels very powerless and stuck in a hard place because DH won't trust him enough to tell him anything but still looks worried and Keanu is slowly revealing crumbs of info about JH 2 steps too late for HK's liking; idk if you guys noticed this but HK always finds out some concerning detail about JH from Keanu after he's caught onto it himself through his own observations/interactions. Being left in the dark has him not knowing what to do or believe at this point, he just knows JH poses a dangerous threat and now he knows how manipulative he can be.  

Yup, he getting bits of info too late. If she had let him in JH could have been sectioned given proper care. Instead she enabled him to carry on with his madness. She reinforced it.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, larus said:

The funny moment when you identify with a character. I totally understood Kim Hae-Kyung when that young patient talked using abreviations. Hae kyung was me.

PC is portable charger? I thought it is personal computer. :w00t:

:lol: Me too. When they said PC is portable charger, I wondered who made that one up. PC is widely used to mean personal computer and in another context, political correctness. I have never heard PC meant portable charger before. I guess I learned something new. 

It was funny how HK promptly told his assistant not to book any more appointments for him with people under 20. :lol: I totally relate to him. It annoys me when people send me text messages and don’t use proper English but instead letters and numbers.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

@larus @celebrianna LOL I was seeing PC , I was like eh? PC is personal computer but could be portable charger too (But showing my age with saying this? LOL) 

The making of phrases and shortening them is VERY REAL. My Korean dongsengs say they have problems being here for some time they lose touch with the newest/trendiest words. LOL!

@airgelaal Preach!!!!!!!!:hooray2: DH def needs help before dating HK. DEF not right what she did in the last episode.

@catch22 @tas82 @akhenaten @romance06

I agree with the points and I have no training in Psychiatry but JH is dangerous. DH is going on unchartered territories and on top of is she has an professional but decided to go against her better judgement.

Yes HK should have went and checked her place (the fact she did no seem open and he is patiently letting her set the pace and allow him in slowly, this patience while lovely and great in this case NOT good ). He knew something was off but went against his better judgement to press her or ask her. Sigh. 

I don't have much anything new to add---- PLEASE writer nims, get rid of this dangerous storyline.

Yeah and NE ---dang just want her OUT. The previews even GW saying she is not right.  Sigh when the character who is calling your exes to help you is questioning your state of mind or situation that is saying something.

So BTS had NE see the kiss? Hmm I was wondering where the heck NE was during the drinking party. Glad though AY kept JH out of the way for that KISS (Only happiness this week from this drama) come . 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I don't know if you guys have seen it on IG but there's someone who's been trying to discourage viewers  from watching this drama because he/she said SJH is an arrogant actress. The person posted a clip of her arrival at the the press con when she didn't sign some autographs but went straight into the venue.  The person seems to be Korean coz he/she is saying that the drama is ending and viewers should make sure the ratings are kept low and just let the int'l viewers give SJH the high ratings.  I feel pretty sad for SJH if her actions at the time might have been misinterpreted. She seems a warm person from their BTS.

Back to the strange developments in the drama, I personally don't mind having to deal with the story arc of the exes if it was done a bit earlier in the drama. With only 16 episodes, putting it here risks eating up the time that could have been focused on Hae-kyung and Do-hee's journey.  But then, I guess this had to happen when they already know each other and are in love so that it wouls actually matter to them. In which case, couldn't they have added two more episodes to the drama? I wouldn't want a rushed ending. I'm almost afraid that they will break them apart and then end the drama with Hae-kyung and Do-hee meeting up by chance again and having dinner and they will be back to where they started. And then they shake hands (another trope that, for the life of me, I can't understand why two people who loved each other throughout the drama will do) or worse, stand two feet away from each other and just smile as the camera pans away from them. Duh. I will kill the writer and director if they do that. :triumph:

• Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • Shocked 2

@akhenaten sigh

A celebrity cannot even have an off day or if rushing and refusing autographs they are thought as horrible. It was not like SHJ was being rude and giving looks etc. When filming can be intense schedule , lack of sleep not easy industry . Netizens are not always good and can be detrimental. 

Spoiler

Big one is of Tablo of Epik High. He was falsely accused of lying about his Stanford University credentials and also his friends were harassed too. Definitely not big fan of negativity and netizens who do this.

• Like 4

Guys, I'm pinning my hopes on how the writer will write Hae-kyung's character reaction to everything that's happening with Do-hee. She's clearly not in the right frame of mind where Jae-hyuk is concerned. She hasn't had full closure, despite everything she's said to Jae-hyuk that she's over him.  Their relationship really scarred her.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why Young-dong fell out of love with her.  He probably sensed that Do-hee was still so hung up on what happened with Jae-hyuk. What he said about meals with her becoming uncomfortable was just a metaphor for how he felt about their relationship, overall.  Once and for all, Do-hee needs to settle how she feels and needs to make the decision if she will move on with Hae-kyung, or she will give up this one great chance at love and throw her lot in again with Jae-hyuk and be in the kind of relationship that she said she'll never allow herself to be in.  She needs to learn to trust herself and in her love for Hae-kyung and his for her.  I guess the drama is showing us a darker side of her charactee journey.  Perhaps it would have been better if the drama wasn't really packaged as a romcom, but a romance drama with some incidental comedy. Oh well.:mellow:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I created an account just so I can rant about the last episode. I love this drama so much up till now. Love the entire OST too. 

I agree with everyone, but my heart hurts so much for HK. He has been ever so patient, always giving and giving and all he has received is passiveness and distrust. For crying out loud, DH didn’t even look so jealous in the last episode where she saw NE crying in HK’s arms.

For the first time ever in this drama I actually think that DH doesn’t really deserve HK. She really needs to do something big to redeem herself and win her man back! And on the contrary from the preview for the upcoming episode it seems like she’s going to break his heart?? Come on! I’m so sad for poor HK. 

Anybody has any insights about how HK will react to DH lying to him? As much as he loves her I hope he is angry and doesn’t let that slide. DH should be the one trying to win his heart back now. I really want to see some love from her geez. Can’t have the ML do everything can we?

• Like 6
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, starrynic said:

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I created an account just so I can rant about the last episode. I love this drama so much up till now. Love the entire OST too. 

I agree with everyone, but my heart hurts so much for HK. He has been ever so patient, always giving and giving and all he has received is passiveness and distrust. For crying out loud, DH didn’t even look so jealous in the last episode where she saw NE crying in HK’s arms.

For the first time ever in this drama I actually think that DH doesn’t really deserve HK. She really needs to do something big to redeem herself and win her man back! And on the contrary from the preview for the upcoming episode it seems like she’s going to break his heart?? Come on! I’m so sad for poor HK. 

Anybody has any insights about how HK will react to DH lying to him? As much as he loves her I hope he is angry and doesn’t let that slide. DH should be the one trying to win his heart back now. I really want to see some love from her geez. Can’t have the ML do everything can we?

Hello @starrynic welcome! :)

I think our poor girl actually loves Hae-kyung very much but she's still caught up in so much fear. You remember how she tried to end their dinner mate relationship then cried terribly about it to Ah-Young? She was totally devastated.  

If she was like that then, and she was the one who tried to end it that time, I can only imagine the kind of downward spiral and emotional meltdown she'll be in if Hae-kyung actually initiates their breakup this time.  And this time, it will really be her fault. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Hello @starrynic welcome! :)

I think our poor girl actually loves Hae-kyung very much but she's still caught up in so much fear. You remember how she tried to end their dinner mate relationship then cried terribly about it to Ah-Young? She was totally devastated.  

If she was like that then, and she was the one who tried to end it that time, I can only imagine the kind of downward spiral and emotional meltdown she'll be in if Hae-kyung actually initiates their breakup this time.  And this time, it will really be her fault. 

Hi @akhenaten, thanks for the warm welcome:D

You’re right, and true, I think she does love HK, but not as much as HK loves her? She hasn’t shown that side of her much yet. And she really does need to show it soon. After HK’s rooftop confession that he likes her, their relationship has always felt really one sided to me. She’s always on the receiving end. Which reminds me, when she tried to end their dinner mate relationship, it was also always HK trying to win her back. Sigh seems like the poor guy is always 
the pursuer in both his relationships. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, akhenaten said:

I'm almost afraid that they will break them apart and then end the drama with Hae-kyung and Do-hee meeting up by chance again and having dinner and they will be back to where they started. And then they shake hands (another trope that, for the life of me, I can't understand why two people who loved each other throughout the drama will do) or worse, stand two feet away from each other and just smile as the camera pans away from them. Duh. I will kill the writer and director if they do that. :triumph:

You’ve just voiced my fears! :headbang:

I do think they’ve made DH way too distant from HK and too frozen in her past relationship to have her suddenly realise she loves HK, so maybe a time jump might be what they have in mind. Uurrrggghhh!! The meeting each other by chance, staring at each other, the warm understanding smile, and then the credits. My worst nightmare 

:dead:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

54 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

You’ve just voiced my fears!

I do think they’ve made DH way too distant from HK and too frozen in her past relationship to have her suddenly realise she loves HK, so maybe a time jump might be what they have in mind. Uurrrggghhh!! The meeting each other by chance, staring at each other, the warm understanding smile, and then the credits. My worst nightmare

That’ll be my worst nightmare too. Please, NO!!!!!!! I agree, DH is way too distant from HK, sadly. 

• Like 3