[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

On 3/27/2021 at 7:57 PM, tulip06 said:

Okay, that teacher is so weird.  What does she mean by calling herself EB's mom?  EB is too old to be babied like that.  That's got to be some sort of inappropriate adult-teen fixation.  

I thought a bit more about this, and EB isn’t even a cute girl, like a baby-faced one, her whining is off the roof and and she has crazy faces and and mannerisms and is all around creepy. That teacher has got to have inappropriate designs masked as “motherhood.”

so only one episode a week starting in June?

• LOL 2

57 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I thought a bit more about this, and EB isn’t even a cute girl, like a baby-faced one, her whining is off the roof and and she has crazy faces and and mannerisms and is all around creepy. That teacher has got to have inappropriate designs masked as “motherhood.”

so only one episode a week starting in June?

A lot mentioned is one episode per wk starting in June. But like I posted earlier. SBS still denied & said "nothing has been decided yet" after the speculation last week. So maybe we will get news in Mid-End May or so, if S3 is in June since the next drama after this will finish around there. Sorry I don't remember exactly when they confirmed the broadcast time for S2 but I roughly remember is around end Jan? I not 100% sure SBS said "nothing has been decided yet" is for both the broadcast month (i.e. June) & the no. of ep per wk / for only 1 ep per wk. For now, I think it seems for both  the broadcast month (i.e. June) & the no. of ep per wk. Do they usually tell us the writer starting writing the S2 script last time? if no, but based on how SBS been responding the rumor twice, I think S3 script not yet written or writer still editing her S3 Ep 1 script? Just my guess

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 2

My bold predictions for Season 3. While I believe based on the leaked images that the crimes against MSA and SSR will punished in the next episode, I think there is still more story to be told involving these characters. So, I think we'll have another time jump.

• The kids will be adults now, possibly college students. 
  • Based on the conversation between Mari and JDT, I think JDT committed more crimes that have yet been released to the public. It's going to be involved with Mari's husband.
  • Why did NAK have the key to the basement? Was she hiding something there? I think we'll know more about NAK and possibly SSR's past.
  •  We'll know more about JDT's past.
  • EB's nanny will become a more important character to the story.
  • The public will find out about the truth of what happened between CSJ and her father.
  • Hye In returns. 
  • Like 3

My prediction for the season 2 finale death: Logan

Spoiler

He posted on IG today thanking his stylist and team for their work. It looks almost like a wrap party at his house (I've seen other celebs do this when a project ends). If my gut feeling is right, he's wrapped Penthouse and will die in Fridays episode (leaving SSR angrier than ever to defeat JDT). They're gonna do SOMETHING BIG to keep us hooked until June.

Other things that allude to Logan dying:

- A LOT of mentions of "I'd do anything for you/I'd die trying to help you/I'm always going to be there for you"

- The proposal in the upcoming episode just screams tragic ending to me

- Logan saying he also has to be held accountable for his past 

- Logan STILL not being promoted to poster character despite having a huge role in the show (after the main 7).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Emily Bett R said:

Hide contents

He posted on IG today thanking his stylist and team for their work. It looks almost like a wrap party at his house (I've seen other celebs do this when a project ends).

Spoiler

He did the same thing at the end of Season 1, which lead to many thinking he wouldn't return for Season 2

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Hide contents

He did the same thing at the end of Season 1, which lead to many thinking he wouldn't return for Season 2

Spoiler

OMG really? I truly hope that's the case. My heart can't take losing the other half of Logryeon again like last season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I think everyone forgot that at the very beginning of the drama, EB was a nice and sweet girl but little by little she started to change, to become fearful, jealous and vicious. All these characters around her made her that way, poor thing, she now has a real mental problem, I don't know how the writers are going to do it. In any case, Rona was very lucky to have a mother like YH, after people change, that's all.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

My bold predictions for Season 3. While I believe based on the leaked images that the crimes against MSA and SSR will punished in the next episode, I think there is still more story to be told involving these characters. So, I think we'll have another time jump.

• The kids will be adults now, possibly college students. 
  • Based on the conversation between Mari and JDT, I think JDT committed more crimes that have yet been released to the public. It's going to be involved with Mari's husband.
  • Why did NAK have the key to the basement? Was she hiding something there? I think we'll know more about NAK and possibly SSR's past.
  •  We'll know more about JDT's past.
  • EB's nanny will become a more important character to the story.
  • The public will find out about the truth of what happened between CSJ and her father.
  • Hye In returns. 

I also have the same thought except regarding Hye In. But then I never checked the official website put Hye in as a character with secrets. If yes, then maybe in S3 , the writer will explain but what is her purpose for coming back? The land given by SSR's father? 

6 hours ago, Emily Bett R said:

Reveal hidden contents

He posted on IG today thanking his stylist and team for their work. It looks almost like a wrap party at his house (I've seen other celebs do this when a project ends). If my gut feeling is right, he's wrapped Penthouse and will die in Fridays episode (leaving SSR angrier than ever to defeat JDT). They're gonna do SOMETHING BIG to keep us hooked until June.

Other things that allude to Logan dying:

- A LOT of mentions of "I'd do anything for you/I'd die trying to help you/I'm always going to be there for you"

- The proposal in the upcoming episode just screams tragic ending to me

- Logan saying he also has to be held accountable for his past 

- Logan STILL not being promoted to poster character despite having a huge role in the show (after the main 7).

Spoiler

Possible after he & SSR confronted JDT . Since I not sure at what time will Logan go back to US before or After confronted JDT. Logan was seen going to struggle JDT in the investigation room. It could be for his father 's case maybe there is more than how Logan's father abandoned  MSA .JDT mentioned about money before he called Logan's father. Yes the writer left as thinking is about MSA based on Logan's man. But who knows the father also have something business with JDT too. like the 'so-called' business Logan done with JDT, it seems like a trap done by Logan but actually that part don't really seem just a trap, if not why JDT mentioned about if Logan's father still want his money.

3 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

They wouldn't need another season if they'd just end it now. Everything had fallen back into place....why another season one episode per week??? 

I understand why you said that there isn't a need to have another season. However, since the drama is filmed while the writer writes her story/script, I feel that the writer can't clear certain things as she wrote for other episodes.She may have miss out thing she brought up before. I saw a few scene , they  focus on a few things, but they constantly didn't explain. Like JDT's past, the writer has been continously showing us about his illness when he saw blood on himself but never full explained what make him have that illeness& how he is a child abuser. (Okay maybe I missed it, but why kept repeating it & like after he "killed" Rona on the stairs why he didn't have the same reaction when he saw blood on his hand when he was with SSR & OYH. ) Another thing like one user mentioned here , the basement room , yes , ithe drama only gives us it was SSR to us it for her marvelous plan to return her identity. But, if we look in another way, why Na Aegyo bother to lock the basement room if is just an empty room for storage/even hid the location of the basement room.  Also, the crime Jenny's father who took the rep for JDT's past crime. Although for now I don't think Jenny's father is those nice & kind one, as i think the preview mentioned "Her Daddy is very scary." , I doubt is about Attonery Lee Kyu Jin , not HYC since he looks the most weakest father among all the father of Hera children, JDT already shown us since S1. So Jenny's father is not an easy person that will have to explain since the writer bring his role in S2 &also let him appear in Ep13.She can't just give me just one episode & said bye to the viewers. Hence, jenny's father role need more explanation, maybe he  first help SSR by giving info about JDT's past crimes so JDT will have a long term prison, then proceed about his story. (p.s. I can't link to the Ep13 preview sentence "Her Daddy is very scary" since I more firmed this sentence has nothing related to the 3 fathers we knew)

Hence, my point is since the drama plot is always written while they film just like how the casts all mentioned about how the story plot they will never know until they got the script before filming during interviews before S2 began. A lot of things the writer may have forgotten & need to explain. Though I doubt Writer Kim will bother to look back her script about what she wrote & missed out. Also there are still a lot of things not yet unfold in S1 & S2, another season may help viewers to  understand more clearly. As for me, this drama is not just to revenge for MSA's death that simple. Neither the whole drama's main focus is about MSA's death, but I don't know what is it.I've seen alot of the viewers only cared about the revenge for MSA's death. (p.s. because a lot complained why bother have another season/why keep dragging,  when you clearly can finish it now that they brought JDT to jail). However, the writer dragged about the revenge for MSA's death , I believe she has her own purpose because she don't see her story is all about  this revenge thing plus didn't some of you still think is not OYH since all the recalled clips didn't make some viewers being firmed OYH is MSA's murder.  if not she can just done it like what she did for Last Empress or she could just end like it with S1 ending. You can actually notice every episode , the writer kept giving something new to viewers which has yet to explain. Hence, I suggest stop focusing too much on the revenge for MSA's death . Plus we know the writer already did it for Ep13 with all those leaked photo yesterday. I believe in S3, she will more focus back on the main focus/purpose of this whole  drama story. 

Lastly,  I don't know why you chose to believe some translated kdrama account that don't even provide/update the news about SBS  official reply that denied & said "NOTHING IS DISCUSSED YET" . I think I saw it denied twice about this rumor. So is not 100% confirmed is an episode per wk.None of us know SBS's planned schedule  in June unless your have korean friends that able to get hold their schedule, if no, just accept SBS reply first. Your are making it already confirmed by SBS just because a kmedia released the article & some website that allow any public to edit,  update as it is an ep per wk. ALWAYS get the updates by SBS's official statement/keep looking for kmedia source after they post about the rumor.

SBS has their own schedule for every drama going to release each yr. When they indirectly denied the rumor, please accept it and just wait for news the next few months. Maybe their Q3/Q4 drama broadcast schedule are not done yet that is why they can't give any info. Another possible reason, the writer has yet to start writing or yet to confirm her S3 Ep 1 script as she want to concentrate S2 script first/she still editing her S3 EP1 . We didn't even know when they will start filming S3. How to give you confirmation on the broadcast time. yes I know they will film after S2 but is it confirmed? Has there been news /rumours by netz that the casts having their 1st script reading for S3 like they did for S2??? by all we know, even yesterday they are still filming for Ep13. Your already making noise about an ep per wk when is not officially confirmed by SBS . Again is your who chose to believe is an ep per wk by those accounts & website & not from official statement news article (even is in hangul, you can copy & paste on papago website / just use the web translation , there will only a few words translated wrongly) . Yes, I don't believe is an ep per wk for now as I always wait for official statement by broadcast channel to kmedia, I never trust by unknown/fake sources. When I see "XXXX media reports...." -> sorry that is not confirmed/rumor/specualtion. I want to see "SBS confirmed the broadcast time....."

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 6:27 AM, Songbae said:

So I have been thinking.

Based on the rumors circulating Logan is going to be a villain.

He has been to clingy. Before he found out that SR was alive He was ready to maybe do something and not let YH do everything but when he found out that SR was alive her became a lovesick puppy.

How did his relationship with SR progress. It was so fast. Was he obsessed with her before or what?

How come he knew that SR was MSA's mother but didn't tell her.

What if when he was looking for MSA's mother he became obsessed with SR?

What if he was the one that killed MSA?

I mean anything can happen in Penthouse

Yeah right, the couples in penthouse are all weird to me. I can't ship MSA's adoptive brother and MSA's biological mom, I shipped Seokhun with Seol Ah because i thought they were the typical bad boy x nerd girl trope, but I felt so betrayed when SH bullied Seol Ah, that's why I can't bring myself to have faith in SHxRona ship :cold_sweat:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

I do agree with you there isn't a need to have another season. I never fond with drama having many season. I don't know k-drama but I watched HK drama by a same writer have 3-4 season but the stories for each season is different however it got bored later.

I think Penthouse was suppose to be a 40+ episode TV series similar to shows such as Giant and Empress Ki but due to the pandemic, they separated the series into three seasons. Giving the cast and crew breaks between seasons.        

• Like 5

I am not sure about villain Logan, but we might get dead Logan. 

I like the chemistry between Logan-SSR, but I do feel like they are rushed. I understand Logan's feelings, but I don't think we have been given a clear indication of what SSR's feelings are. That kiss didn't seem romantic to me, it felt like she was grateful to Logan but just not that into him. 

I think the way SSR plans on screwing over the Lawyer family and Kang Mari is by moving the redevelopment area, so that all of the land they bought becomes useless. However, I think Kang Mari's husband gets out of jail just in time to be a scary opponent. I hope that we get to see RN/Jenny reunion, I'm surprised we didn't see one in the previous episode. 

I think JDT kidnapped OYH. We know he made a last phone call, it was probably to his henchman. Maybe he tries to trade OYH's life for freedom with SSR. Though I don't think SSR will take that deal, but who knows that may be a way to extend JDT being the villain into S3. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

I think Penthouse was suppose to be a 40+ episode TV series similar to shows such as Giant and Empress Ki but due to the pandemic, they separated the series into three seasons. Giving the cast and crew breaks between seasons.

I won't be surprise there will be season 4 and season 5 which include N korea attack S korea. The writer is going to mess up the whole drama and start with a new plot.

• Wiggle 1

For someone who's very frisky with women, I'm surprised Joo Dan Tae never made an attempt to pull Su Ryeon's hair while she was posing as Ae Kyo.:smirk: Or maybe she just has a good wig at her disposal.

Also, I felt like the Ma Ri/Jenny character development was suddenly ignored this past weekend. They're mixing her up again with Kyu Jin's annoying family. I get that they're supposed to be comic relief but they have overplayed that angle already. Even Min Hyuk has no sub-plot aside from being an annoying mama's boy slash school bully.

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

I'm not surprised. Actually waiting for one drama's S2 but can't film because of pandemic.

===========================================================

Anyway (spoiler again , hehe)

Spoiler

seems like Ep13 we will get a flashblack of JDT & NAG, as someone posted last night Lee Ji ah & Um Ki Koon at a tatoo shop look like before NAG got the butterfly tatoo.

though I heard about Ep13 has 3 parts but I'm surprised they still filming today. someone leaked a photo & said is for Penthouse 2 but not sure who is filming as I can't see clearly. Then the actor of the man of Lee Kyu Jin posted his last shooting photo though can't tell is today or last few days.

Edited by luvjkpop 07

It's weird that so many people are freaking out about YH dying. She ain't dead so stop freaking out. I still can't believe she's the only one who didn't know about RN being alive. Turn on your effing phone and tv for god's sakes! 

As for Logan and SR's love line, they had such a good built up in season 1 but their season 2 love line felt off and rushed. The writer probably found out about the shippers and threw in the kiss scene last minute. For a while now, I knew that Logan had feelings for SR because you can feel the longing he had for her but I still felt like they should have rebuilt what they had in season 1 first. After all these years, this writer still sucks at writing romance. And I don't think Logan's gonna be a villain. I think he's gonna die just because he's not a main character and his death would definitely push the plot forward.

Jesus christ that nanny is creepy. She most likely lost her own daughter in the past and desperately wants any girl to be her daughter. It's such a random sub plot because I know what the writer is trying to do here. Trying to make us feel bad and root for SeoJin, YoonChul, and Eunbyul because the nanny will definitely try to tear them apart. What do you guys think of this?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

It's weird that so many people are freaking out about YH dying. She ain't dead so stop freaking out. I still can't believe she's the only one who didn't know about RN being alive. Turn on your effing phone and tv for god's sakes! 

As for Logan and SR's love line, they had such a good built up in season 1 but their season 2 love line felt off and rushed. The writer probably found out about the shippers and threw in the kiss scene last minute. For a while now, I knew that Logan had feelings for SR because you can feel the longing he had for her but I still felt like they should have rebuilt what they had in season 1 first. After all these years, this writer still sucks at writing romance. And I don't think Logan's gonna be a villain. I think he's gonna die just because he's not a main character and his death would definitely push the plot forward.

Jesus christ that nanny is creepy. She most likely lost her own daughter in the past and desperately wants any girl to be her daughter. It's such a random sub plot because I know what the writer is trying to do here. Trying to make us feel bad and root for SeoJin, YoonChul, and Eunbyul because the nanny will definitely try to tear them apart. What do you guys think of this?

The writer clarifies that SeoJin is the ultimate villain so she won't ever feel remorse for what she did to SR/YH, but yeah, I have the same feeling that the writer probably will use that creepy nanny to redeem YoonChul, so the YoonYoon couple can be reconciled and take care of their 2 daughters together. There are many shippers out there who ship YoonYoon, so I think the writer is trying to bring them together in an unexpected way because... third time is a charm?

• Like 1