[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Knet just have pointed out that the Korean newspaper that was given to JDT had a freaking big   "실패 " (failure) text on the front page, which was a funny hint that the plan of murdering Logan will fail.

At this point, I guess it won't be a big shock anymore if Logan is alive somehow in season 3 :relaxed:

spacer.png

• Like 4

Me on the other hand I really don't the twins, they annoy me especially Seok-kyung, she practically harassed a lot of people that's for sure, mistreating them, she hurt MS and Rona many times, you realize ? , but do you realize the immense brutality that the brutality scenes show us? I know it gets worse with Dantae and SJ, but this SK plague gets away with it, what's next? she threatens EB, she tells SJ that she's the bad guy, she cries in front of her mom and very hypocritically she defends Rona, I know that this kind of drama tends to darken things but for me it is THE WORST

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@tulip06 @chococarmela There's another important thing I wanna point out. Out of all the kid-parent relationships, Jenny had the best relationship with her mom and she respected her mom the most. SH and SK hate their dad. RN and EB had a love/hate relationship with their parents. MH has no respect for his parents but there was never any hate between them. So you can kind of see why Jenny and that brat MH took it harder than the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Yeah, she failed, but she definitely attempted to murder RN right? :glasses:

Right. Now that you remind me, the Hera Palace kids would had committed involuntary and negligent manslaughter if Min Seol Ah did not escape the car fire.  It's funny, the writer doesn't want the kids to be punished for any of the crimes they have committed. What are they, you ask?

Ju Seok Kyung

• false imprisonment 
  • assault 
  • attempted negligent manslaughter
  • misprision of felony 
  • blackmail
  • vandalism 

Ju Seok Hoon

• false imprisonment
  • assault

Ha Eun Byeol

• false imprisonment
  • assault
  • attempted homicide
  • tampering of evidence
  • misprision of felony

Yoo Jen Ni

• false imprisonment
  • assault

Lee Min Hyeok

• false imprisonment
  • frame up

Now that I did that. Let's list all the crimes that Shim Suryeon technically committed.

• frame up
  • pseudocide
  • criminal impersonation
  • identity theft 
  • assisted involuntary manslaughter 
  • assisted corpse desecration 
  • assisted coercion
  • fraud
  • tampering of evidence
  • kidnapping
  • false imprisonment

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Now that I did that. Let's list all the crimes that Shim Suryeon technically committed.

• frame up
  • pseudocide
  • criminal impersonation
  • identity theft 
  • assisted involuntary manslaughter 
  • assisted corpse desecration 
  • assisted coercion
  • fraud
  • tampering of evidence
  • kidnapping
  • false imprisonment

Wow, I didn't even think about this when i was watching the show. She couldn't defeat ju dantae without doing nothing

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Who wouldn't be upset in that situation? And Rona was her usual holier than thou. At least she should have said, "yes, my mom should not have and she is paying too. And I am sorry this is turning out this way but let's improve, all of us." But the problem with RoNa is that she has an attitude as well. 

What I liked about Jenny was that she put her attitude aside, helped Rona, never snitched on people, stuck to her guns etc. She didn't get in people's faces until she really got upset at the end, which, again, I would too, tbh, looking at the big picture. But Rona is the teen heroine and Jenny is the side, so we won't get much love for Jenny.

RN did admit that her mother was wrong but Jenny and Minhyuk had no ground to stand on because they bullied MSA and also RN. It doesn't even seem like jenny has even learnt from her actions 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

Me on the other hand I really don't the twins, they annoy me especially Seok-kyung, she practically harassed a lot of people that's for sure, mistreating them, she hurt MS and Rona many times, you realize ? , but do you realize the immense brutality that the brutality scenes show us? I know it gets worse with Dantae and SJ, but this SK plague gets away with it, what's next? she threatens EB, she tells SJ that she's the bad guy, she cries in front of her mom and very hypocritically she defends Rona, I know that this kind of drama tends to darken things but for me it is THE WORST

And then she threatens Jenny, who she brutalized, to “protect” RoNa. Let’s see if RoNa will step up to stop that. Somehow, I expect Jenny will be bald first.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Who wouldn't be upset in that situation? And Rona was her usual holier than thou. At least she should have said, "yes, my mom should not have and she is paying too. And I am sorry this is turning out this way but let's improve, all of us." But the problem with RoNa is that she has an attitude as well. 

What I liked about Jenny was that she put her attitude aside, helped Rona, never snitched on people, stuck to her guns etc. She didn't get in people's faces until she really got upset at the end, which, again, I would too, tbh, looking at the big picture. But Rona is the teen heroine and Jenny is the side, so we won't get much love for Jenny.

That MSA died at YH's hands was just luck for Jeni's Mum and the others.  The way she was kept captive and tortured, it would have just been a matter of time before she died.   Even if they didn't know MSR was being tortured, they knew she was held captive.   

And RN is the teen heroine only because of her association with the teen heartthrob.   Otherwise, most people would rather she remain dead.

Jeni living with her criminal Dad and back with the self-absorbed spoilt son of the lawyer.  Let's see if her personality undergoes another transformation.

5 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

What did you mean exactly when you said "Ro Na is still annoying"? :sweat_smile:  she only had a few minutes of screen times and her notable scene was when she made a tribute at SA tombstone.  She didn't even threw a tantrum at anyone like like SK, Je Ni and MH :sweat_smile: Are you implying that confronting a psychopath murderer like EB is annoying? :sweat_smile:

I thought that scene was really annoying.  If she cared so much about justice, she should have gone to the police and lodged a report.    What was the purpose of the scene?  Letting EB know she is alive and watching her run off.  Then she herself returning to the hospital to rest.  Such brilliant writing.  Not. 

EB is not a psychopath.  She is more of a sociopath.   And now she is the captive of the crazy housekeeper.  Looks like there might not be any saving EB and that will push her Mum over the edge.

Undecided whether to watch S3.  Too many fake deaths, it becomes real boring.  At the last episode of S3, MSR might jolly well rise from the dead.  if everyone's death is fake, why should the poor girl be an exception! 

I felt the last episode was kind of lame.  And Logan and SSR, SSR's triumphant return to the Penthouse all had an overdramatic hollow ring. 

• Like 3

Hello everyone,

I've been silently following this forum since I also watched the series since season 1. Guess I'll be coming back here to read or to post my thoughts regarding Penthouse.

The thing that bugged me the most for the last episode of season 2 is :

Spoiler

OYH get away with just 3 years prison time? its less than SJ who get 7 years prison time for kidnapping! Look, I know that OYH really repented for her sins, and got the victim family's forgiveness, but 3 years in prison time for murdering someone is just so unrealistic and incredibly cringey.

I don't know how legal system works in Korea but OYH's murder in my country should be classified as second-degree murder she's not planned to kill MSA ie. premeditated, but she really intended to KILL. This will resulted in 15-20 years in prison, minus the parole. I know, she turned herself in, and SSR also give her confessions and forgiveness (as victim's family member) but I don't see how it reduced to 3 years. At best, in real life it will be reduced to just 9-10 years in prison ... but well this is drama, and OYH is one of our protagonists so yeah writer-nim can do anything with her charcacters anyway ....

Spoiler

I can see parallel betwen Logan Lee's death and Na Wang Shik's death in Season 2. Both wanting a revenge, and both died in explosions. I don't know what writer-nim plans to do with him later, but Na Wang Shik really did died in the middle of explosions in TLE. I also hated the fact that the creators ressurect LOTS of people in Penthouse when they only did it once in TLE, although I still consider Penthouse to be more superior than TLE for now, it has its fair share of problems too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, O said:

That MSA died at YH's hands was just luck for Jeni's Mum and the others.  The way she was kept captive and tortured, it would have just been a matter of time before she died.   Even if they didn't know MSR was being tortured, they knew she was held captive.   

And RN is the teen heroine only because of her association with the teen heartthrob.   Otherwise, most people would rather she remain dead.

Jeni living with her criminal Dad and back with the self-absorbed spoilt son of the lawyer.  Let's see if her personality undergoes another transformation.

I thought that scene was really annoying.  If she cared so much about justice, she should have gone to the police and lodged a report.    What was the purpose of the scene?  Letting EB know she is alive and watching her run off.  Then she herself returning to the hospital to rest.  Such brilliant writing.  Not. 

EB is not a psychopath.  She is more of a sociopath.   And now she is the captive of the crazy housekeeper.  Looks like there might not be any saving EB and that will push her Mum over the edge.

Undecided whether to watch S3.  Too many fake deaths, it becomes real boring.  At the last episode of S3, MSR might jolly well rise from the dead.  if everyone's death is fake, why should the poor girl be an exception! 

I felt the last episode was kind of lame.  And Logan and SSR, SSR's triumphant return to the Penthouse all had an overdramatic hollow ring. 

That scene proved that RN is so much like SH's mom SuRyeon, isn't she? lol

RN/SR wouldn't report EB/YH to the police themselves but RN/SR would torment EB/YH mentally and remind them about their crimes. No wonder people said guys attracted to women like their mothers. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, abwxyz said:

Hide contents

I can see parallel betwen Logan Lee's death and Na Wang Shik's death in Season 2. Both wanting a revenge, and both died in explosions. I don't know what writer-nim plans to do with him later, but Na Wang Shik really did died in the middle of explosions in TLE. I also hated the fact that the creators ressurect LOTS of people in Penthouse when they only did it once in TLE, although I still consider Penthouse to be more superior than TLE for now, it has its fair share of problems too.

Spoiler

I believe Logan is really dead. The actor has already moved on to an another drama. It is parallel to Na Wang Shik's death but sadly his death happened after the actor left the show.  I think if Logan's actor left the show for good, it was good that they killed him when he still available to film. You don't want another incident similar to The Last Empress.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

Reveal hidden contents

I believe Logan is really dead. The actor has already moved on to an another drama. It is parallel to Na Wang Shik's death but sadly his death happened after the actor left the show.  I think if Logan's actor left the show for good, it was good that they killed him when he still available to film. You don't want another incident similar to The Last Empress.  

I haven't heard anything about PES's new project, but in the hidden room episode that was aired last night, he looks excited and he wants his character to take revenge on those who betrayed him tho 

e4S4JRy.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abwxyz said:

Hello everyone,

I've been silently following this forum since I also watched the series since season 1. Guess I'll be coming back here to read or to post my thoughts regarding Penthouse.

The thing that bugged me the most for the last episode of season 2 is :

Reveal hidden contents

OYH get away with just 3 years prison time? its less than SJ who get 7 years prison time for kidnapping! Look, I know that OYH really repented for her sins, and got the victim family's forgiveness, but 3 years in prison time for murdering someone is just so unrealistic and incredibly cringey.

I don't know how legal system works in Korea but OYH's murder in my country should be classified as second-degree murder she's not planned to kill MSA ie. premeditated, but she really intended to KILL. This will resulted in 15-20 years in prison, minus the parole. I know, she turned herself in, and SSR also give her confessions and forgiveness (as victim's family member) but I don't see how it reduced to 3 years. At best, in real life it will be reduced to just 9-10 years in prison ... but well this is drama, and OYH is one of our protagonists so yeah writer-nim can do anything with her charcacters anyway ....

Reveal hidden contents

Na Wang Sik's case is different, the drama behind the scene made the actors felt disheartened and he no longer wanted to follow that drama anymore, it was blown all over the news and not just a small gossip. The writer tossed NWS  aside and pushed the emperor as male lead  :cold_sweat:

YWQLLfE.png

• Like 3

I don't this is the end of the MSA saga. Even though the parents are in jail they don't feel sorry for their actions to them they did the right thing. Also seems like  the kids have forgotten that they bullied MSA and almost killed her.

• Like 5

Just finished episode 13, and I’m like :grimace:but again I understand. They need some kind of purpose & reason for 3rd season. Anyway for all his crime & cruelties, lifetime imprisonment is just like a vacation to JDT. Evil guy like him would have his lackey everywhere. And he must have stach some money & assets somewhere, especially illegal money, also to avoid tax.

Anyway, I still believe OYH isn’t the one who kill MSA. Up until now there’s no solid evidence of OYH killing MSA beside her own fuzzy, distorted drunken memory. There wasn’t any solid evidence that shows she was the one who push MSA to her death . None at all. No one witness her on the floor that MSA was killed from. No one see her on the time of MSA death. No cctv recording. And most of all I still confuse, how did drunken OYH managed to be in the residence elevator without residence pass? I thought the place has a very tight security but a drunken woman can freely roam around the building without being captured in the cctv? 

Secondly, we know from past record, OYH has the habit to hallucinate doing things that she actually never did when she’s drunk. This happened when she followed MSA to her part time job, where she hallucinated pushing MSA off the stairs, but in reality OYH was just crouching at one corner until she sober up & overheard MSA being abused by her employer, which prompted her to come forward & defended MSA. Same thing goes on the building, she pass out somewhere around the corner, waking up but still not sober, manage to get herself in elevator & got home. She can’t even walk straight & passing out in between, how could she lifted a girl her size off the balcony when the strong man like JDT failed to do? And if she was sober enough to actually walk straight & push MSA, why didn’t she remember everything that happened after she killed MSA? 

Thirdly, we all know JDT stab RN on her head, and after he thought he had killed RN he did say both MSA & BRN were too easy for him. He feels it was too easy for him killing RN, which also mean it was also easy for him killing SA too.

And I think deep down SSR knows this. But like OYH said, it was the only way to punish all who involved with MSA murder. That’s why she plead for OYH’s pardon.

And about Logan Lee...

A few seconds before the explosion, he seemed to realise what’s going on. He was outside of the car, and from season 1, we know he’s very athletic & moves very fast. He seemed to have noticed something fishy & the explosion wasn’t that big, for an athletic guy to jump a few feet away into the bushes behind him in the explosion.

Also usually the ending cliffhanger wasnt shown in sequence. It could be as someone pointed out, when JDT received the newspaper, there’s a a word failed there. If JDT has escaped from prison, for sure SSR will be the first person to know, unless JDT has people helping to go in & out of prison without alerting anyone.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

I haven't heard anything about PES's new project, but in the hidden room episode that was aired last night, he looks excited and he wants his character to take revenge on those who betrayed him tho 

It's Taxi Driver, and it premieres this week. Taking over Penthouse 2's timeslot. Penthouse 3 is supposedly start filming in two weeks. Unless PES is going to show up mid season (similar to Lee Ji Ah), I don't think he'll be in the new season. Who really knows though

-------

Penthouse 2: Hidden Room keeps on suggesting that EB's real mother is the nanny.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

Na Wang Sik's case is different, the drama behind the scene made the actors felt disheartened and he no longer wanted to follow that drama anymore, it was blown all over the news and not just a small gossip. The writer tossed NWS  aside and pushed the emperor as male lead  :cold_sweat:

YWQLLfE.png

He left because they continued to extend the episodes and he had another drama to shoot.

• Like 1

If people shipped JDT with SSR, I would be panic already because the writer would definitely try to hook them up if most of the viewers demanded her to do it (see Kim Soon Ok's the last empress and the toxic relationship between Lee Hyuk/Sunny). But thank the maker, people ship Logan and SSR :lol:

Edited by CattleyaLuv
  • Like 1