[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

I still don't hate Jae Hyun's wife but Young Min's father is a nasty piece of work. Jisoo in my book doesn't score high as a responsible mother anyway neither does Jae Hyun as a father. You can't raise a happy kid when you are this miserable goes for both. They need to set their priorities straight.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, enchantedyears said:

Ep. 7 TEXT PREVIEW

After learning that Jisoo has decided to return to Sehun, Jaehyun and Youngwoo still can't understand her decision. Jisoo and Jaehyun meet again at the place where they reminisce their memories to get their hearts sorted. Jaehyun confesses his heart to Jisoo and in order to protect her, he goes off to see Sehun. Meanwhile, in 1995, Jaehyun who was under investigation faces Jisoo's father, Yoon Hyeong Goo. And Jisoo goes to study abroad for Jaehyun's sake.

Somebody please save Ji Soo from herself. Why is she repeating the same choices?  Why is she going back to live in a dark pit? I really hope this does not happen because I don’t think I can stand watching her being bullied by her nasty ex-husband and his abusive mother. I really wish she could get out from other the thumb of others. First it was her father and now it’s the ex and his domineering mother. No wonder she looks like someone just enduring life.

44 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Somebody please save Ji Soo from herself. Why is she repeating the same choices?  Why is she going back to live in a dark pit? I really hope this does not happen because I don’t think I can stand watching her being bullied by her nasty ex-husband and his abusive mother. I really wish she could get out from other the thumb of others. First it was her father and now it’s the ex and his domineering mother. No wonder she looks like someone just enduring life.

I think something(s) must have happened in the past that she simply just gives up on her own happiness... So sad.

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

In her mind it's probably the only way to stop her ex from pursuing custody of YM (officially) and it'll also stop him from spreading the photo and video that can ruin JH's reputation. A somewhat win-win solution. SH's character seems to be an obsessed ex-husband who wants JS' love/attention/whatever by using their son.

Good news though, on the long preview for ep. 7 uploaded by tvN, JH meets SH and tells him to upload the video and let the world know. He is so ready to let everything go but I'm scared it doesn't go according to his plan :tears:

We knew very little about Se-Hun (Ji-Su's ex) but it turns out he's a complete piece of trash, in some ways worse than Seo-Gyeong.

Today Ji-Su said that Yeong-Min would grow into a "monster" if Se-Hun raised him. Previously she said, "manners are for human beings," as in he is not even a human being to her. There have been other small comments which showed that she truly detests him. To me, this is much more than a husband she simply doesn't love, or even a terrible mother-in-law - both facts she knew about when she agreed to marry him.

They have a much worse relationship than Jae-Hyeon and Seo-Gyeong, who are at least able to have rational conversations with each other and are somewhat honest with each other. Se-Hun's obsession towards Ji-Su isn't anything resembling love - he doesn't care if he makes her and Yeong-Min suffer, as long as he gets the results he wants. Basically, I'm much more scared of him than Seo-Gyeong or her father.

I LOL'ed when Se-Hun told Seo-Gyeong, "We're blackmailing our spouses together out of love!" And she replied, "Uh, you're not doing this out of love." :lol: Wow, even Seo-Gyeong thinks you are trash.

--

ETA: so both Jae-Hyeon and Ji-Su married into terrible families that basically treat them like garbage. However, I do think it's interesting that both their spouses were attracted to them because of their basic goodness, it seems.

Se-Hun appears to have been attracted to Ji-Su because of her social justice warrior ways.

We don't know why Seo-Gyeong was attracted to Jae-Hyeon, exactly - maybe just his visual appeal - but she does seem to recognize that he is a good person, in any case.

I just started this drama and I'm on episode 2. I don't get parents that turn over the parenting of their children to schools. They act as if having an expensive education is the most important thing in this world for a young child. These kids need to have a positive, loving, nurturing environment and parents teaching them from right and wrong. The fact that Ji-Su's son can't tell her he was/is being bullied is awful...suffering alone. It's hard enough when kids live with their parents, but even harder when they don't.

SPOILERY, proceed with caution :phew:

Apparently they still have scenes and dialogues we haven't seen from one of the earliest teasers that will probably come out next week?? Ah... the beauty of pre-produced dramas... (watch from 04:06)

My prediction of what's gonna happen:

• Back in 1995, JH is taken into custody on April Fools Day (d*** you, Youngwoo!). Since the handwriting on the wall says "12 May 1995", I think JS and JH still meet up secretly after JH is released (with the help of JS' dad). But of course, JS' dad has his ways, he finds out and no longer tolerates JS & JH's relationship. JS gets sent abroad and JH gets taken away again(?) even then, JS still writes him letters that JH keep until this day. Until her world is turned upside down: her mom and sister die tragically (most probably in a car crash but who knows what the writer has in mind). All JS' family's hopes and dreams are lost, she gets kicked out of the family register, unable to finish her education and has to fend for herself. Years later her dad gets sick with dementia and he doesn't get to say his sorry to JS perhaps until much later in a moment of clarity.
  • Present day JS & JH's story likely will unveil in a similar manner, however, JS wants to put an end to it before it does by "officially" breaking up with JH according to the teaser above. :heartbreak: It's hard to say what comes next but it will probably allude to the first scene on first episode: even if the world burns, JH will eventually go to JS.

Honestly I don't know if my heart can take it if the plot goes beyond the typical Kdrama separation and gets ultra melo because everything indicates JS and JH can't and shouldn't be together even in the present :tears:

5 hours ago, enchantedyears said:

My prediction of what's gonna happen:

• Back in 1995, JH is taken into custody on April Fools Day (d*** you, Youngwoo!). Since the handwriting on the wall says "12 May 1995", I think JS and JH still meet up secretly after JH is released (with the help of JS' dad). But of course, JS' dad has his ways, he finds out and no longer tolerates JS & JH's relationship. JS gets sent abroad and JH gets taken away again(?) even then, JS still writes him letters that JH keep until this day. Until her world is turned upside down: her mom and sister die tragically (most probably in a car crash but who knows what the writer has in mind). All JS' family's hopes and dreams are lost, she gets kicked out of the family register, unable to finish her education and has to fend for herself. Years later her dad gets sick with dementia and he doesn't get to say his sorry to JS perhaps until much later in a moment of clarity.
  • Present day JS & JH's story likely will unveil in a similar manner, however, JS wants to put an end to it before it does by "officially" breaking up with JH according to the teaser above. :heartbreak: It's hard to say what comes next but it will probably allude to the first scene on first episode: even if the world burns, JH will eventually go to JS.

Honestly I don't know if my heart can take it if the plot goes beyond the typical Kdrama separation and gets ultra melo because everything indicates JS and JH can't and shouldn't be together even in the present :tears:

Pretty good predictions.

Here is what we do know:

1. In one of the first episodes, we saw Ji-Su talking to her father with dementia about Yeong-Min's school incident, and even telling him about how she dreams/thinks about Jae-Hyeon all the time. It seemed like they had a close relationship. Father shows Ji-Su a photo saying, "This is my wife and daughter, aren't they pretty?" We do not see the photo. She gasps and tears up. At the time, it seemed like she was just sad that her father doesn't recognize her anymore.

We saw this scene again last week. We learned that Ji-Su had a sister named Ji-Yeong, and we see that the photo is a family picture with both daughters, but Ji-Su's face has been torn out. Even in his dementia, he says "wife and daughter" (instead of daughterS), and that is what made Ji-Su gasp and cry.

And of course, we saw her father raging at Ji-Su, that someone "died because of you!"

Today, we saw him tear a page out of the newspaper with Jae-Hyeon's face on it and tuck it into his shirt.

So... we learned that her father treated Ji-Su with a lot of contempt and cruelty. This isn't just a normal amount of concern that a father feels when she's dating someone he disapproves of. He went out of his way to use his power to completely tear them apart.

He also appears to blame her for Ji-Yeong's death, and that is why Ji-Su lives life like it's penance.

The saddest thing is that her self-punishing attitude is affecting her kid. The poor boy really has the weight of the world on his shoulders - viciously bullied at school by the Rich Kid that the school is afraid to touch (what is this, "Itaewon Class?") - and afraid to make a peep because his father will tear him away from his mother - who he obviously loves and prefers to be with.

Oh, and what they wrote on the wall in the preview - Jae-Hyeon hearts Ji-Su and they will love each other for a million years. 1995.5.12

I mean, that is cute and corny, but in this show, it just gets me *right here.* Yes, this is old-fashioned romance with swelling violin music, lots of tears, and old love letters kept in a box. I LOVE IT. I am sad I have to wait until next weekend to see more!

Anyway, moving on, a couple of more things we learned:

2. I'm actually glad that Yeong-Woo has a role in their story besides "heartbroken bystander." He actually did something motivated by his love for Ji-Su. Although we don't need yet another character who puts his life on hold due to guilt, it does make sense in this drama.

3. Jae-Hyeon's father was a labor movement person. Also, Jae-Hyeon began to have some doubt about being part of the labor movement. He began to wonder if the work he did made any difference, and whether it was worth abandoning schoolwork and future goals. I'm glad that we're seeing more of a connection between who he was in college vs. who he is now. 

It’s taking forever for subbed to be done. driving me crazy. finally watched 

JS always said JH was her world. After watching Ep 6, I’ve concluded he always was past and present when they separated. Got the impression they didn’t have closure on breaking up cuz too many people pulling them apart.  at the end of ep 6 JS said she’d rather run away from what she wanted most. so that makes sense of the reason they “broke up” and he couldn’t find her.

Kinda weird the father in law and daughter talk like they own JH.  I still see their marriage an business marriage. Jh Acting too nonchalant that both his father in law and wife are breathing down his neck. So it’s obvious he is getting revenge whatever that may be.

Hated hearing JS willing to give up YM or go back to ex all becuz of the leaked photo.  It was so sad to see her finally breakdown after finishing that convo with her ex.

It’s so obvious JS has had it rough with her father and ex bullying her around. I root for JH to be the Prince Charming and save JS from her difficult life.  The girl needs happiness jeez. poor girl.

Did notice the “dementia” father tore the article of JH from newspaper.... if he can remember JH then obviously he did something much worse than what was shown in this weekend’s episodes.

I hate one more thing here though....Ji Soo's fatber was terrible to her so why is she saddled with taking care of him?? Just giving birth doesn't qualify him to be treated with respect or love by default when he was emotionally abusive to Ji Soo his entire life....I know Ji Soo is being painted as the masochist heroine with heart of gold but was shoving ambesiac father who was toxic to her necessary...one psycho ex and poor background with custody battle should be enough here

I hate JS's ex husband much more than JH's current wife. He is very obsessed psycho.

At the past, young JS and JH's friend, Dong Jin had very good chemistry together. I hope they met as the older versions. They would make some fun moments.

And, with Tae Sung, I think he is in love with JS even until this day. 

Idk why but I'm gettin' like major Bollywood vibes from the plot LMFAo! It just feels so drawn out and so epic ha-ha. Not to mention so ott.

So it was Ji Soo's dad who tore our otp apart but now in later years, it's their respective spouses who are continuing it. Disappointed in Young Woo...but he was acting out of spite. Poor Ji Soo bein' controlled by the patriarchal men in her life. First her dad and now her ex husband. Looks like she'd have to give up Jae Hyun again. Gosh noble idiocy all over LoL.

Seo Kyung with Ji Soo's ex both cheated on Jae Hyun, Ji Soo yet they dare make shameless claims on their spouses tsk. It's goin' to be a very heavy 10 ep. ahead...  

I don't feel bad at all shipping JS & JH since their ex-husband/wife are both jackass/beetch who had affairs first. If the spouses are good people, then it would've conflicted my moral compass lol.  I'd like to see Dong Jin + Young Woo teaming up to support JS & JH. Oh and the cute driver/assistant. Perhaps JS dad will come to his senses (better late than never), JH mother will fight for her son's happiness. Oh what a team these people would make. And to add cherry on top of the cake, both kids become best friends. Yay!

Hahaha, that's too much to ask, eh? Lol , whatever! Bring on the angst! I want hopeless-longing romance, dramatic reunion & fierce battle. And kisses, many kisses haha. 

34 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Idk why but I'm gettin' like major Bollywood vibes from the plot LMFAo! It just feels so drawn out and so epic ha-ha. Not to mention so ott.

So it was Ji Soo's dad who tore our otp apart but now in later years, it's their respective spouses who are continuing it. Disappointed in Young Woo...but he was acting out of spite. Poor Ji Soo bein' controlled by the patriarchal men in her life. First her dad and now her ex husband. Looks like she'd have to give up Jae Hyun again. Gosh noble idiocy all over LoL.

Seo Kyung with Ji Soo's ex both cheated on Jae Hyun, Ji Soo yet they dare make shameless claims on their spouses tsk. It's goin' to be a very heavy 10 ep. ahead...  

Has Jae Hyun outright asked for divorce yet?? If not, then Seo Kyung is still his wife and can fight to preserve her marriage, she is allowed to if she wants to and if Jae Hyun does not disagree to it....countless women around the world give their cheating husbands second chance...not saying its right or ideal or something I support but Jae Hyun hasn't been honest here, shameless would be not giving him a divorce if Jae Hyun asks for one...he can do the right thing...unlike Ji Soo...Seo Kyung and Jae Hyun are transparent and in teems where they can have honest conversations....in that context Ji Soo is the other women literally and in the eyes of court of law....and Jae Hyun is right now actively putting her in that spot.

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I hate one more thing here though....Ji Soo's fatber was terrible to her so why is she saddled with taking care of him?? Just giving birth doesn't qualify him to be treated with respect or love by default when he was emotionally abusive to Ji Soo his entire life....I know Ji Soo is being painted as the masochist heroine with heart of gold but was shoving ambesiac father who was toxic to her necessary...one psycho ex and poor background with custody battle should be enough here

Hate to break it to you but it's the norm in Asia. Once they become adults, children are expected to take care of their aging parents as a way to repay them for raising them as kids. That's why having a child is expected (although in East Asia the trend is changing), some people even aim to have more than one kid so they have at least someone to take care of them when they're old.

JS' dad is rather lucky because he can still be treated in a ward with a dedicated nurse. Where I'm from, most people would take care of their sick parent at home themselves or with non-professional help such as maid, since hiring a professional caretaker/nurse is not the most affordable option.

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Oh, and what they wrote on the wall in the preview - Jae-Hyeon hearts Ji-Su and they will love each other for a million years. 1995.5.12

I mean, that is cute and corny, but in this show, it just gets me *right here.* Yes, this is old-fashioned romance with swelling violin music, lots of tears, and old love letters kept in a box. I LOVE IT. I am sad I have to wait until next weekend to see more!

:heart: everything you said esp the part above!! I've never fallen for a drama so hard and so early. I gasped the first time I watched the opening credits. It is so breathtaking that I never skip it every time I rewatch an episode. If the plot goes south, at least I have something beautiful to remember :D

@enchantedyears

Yup filial piety is one of the core pillars of asian culture, in particular South Korea. I actually had a domestic live-in helper share once that her mom had all 12 of her siblings so that they could take care of her in her retirement years.

Agreed (nods) that Ji Soo's dad is at least placed at a hospice with round the clock care. I loss my mom a year ago and she was under my care for sometime before she was cared for by my brother (he was reluctant btw that's a whole other story let's not get into that) He had a live-in domestic helper to care for our mom & she didn't really do much tbh. Despite what anyone says that money isn't everything, it at least gives you better options y'know?

@Nymeria289

Not sure. I presume he has LoL? Otherwise she wouldn't be sinking her claws now would she?! She keep reiterating that he's the best choice she ever made. She only cheated to get a rise out of him, but he still pines for Ji Soo.

The reason why Jae Hyun is shackled to Seo Kyung is no thanks to her mobster of a dad! He has already threatened Jae Hyun countless times he would destroy Jae Hyun if he ever left Seo Kyung. So both our otp are stuck basically.   

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

This so much this. On the plus side at least it his own funds must be paying for his care, cause with a personally caregiver and stuff there's no way she could afford that. She's got enough angst if struggling to pay for his care was also part of it that really would be taking the richard simmons.

My dude so loves his Ji Su yet he keeps putting her in danger. He needs to slow his roll, he's juggling way too many things at once somethings gotta give. :wacko:

They need to show us how this cretin won Ji Su over for her to end up married and having a kid for him. He looks slimy, he behaves slimy, how did they end up together?

14 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I still don't hate Jae Hyun's wife but Young Min's father is a nasty piece of work. Jisoo in my book doesn't score high as a responsible mother anyway neither does Jae Hyun as a father. You can't raise a happy kid when you are this miserable goes for both. They need to set their priorities straight.

@Nymeria289 Yeah. Those two kids are suffering. Poor Young Min and Joon Seo. They need to be showered with parental love. I mean these two are in boarding school outside the city. We don't raelly much scenes with JH and Joon Seo too.

5 hours ago, haha1999 said:

So Yongmin is JS and JH's son??

No. I don't think so. Because that will then create an story arc and validate in JH only married SK cause she's pregnant. I mean. We all know He loves JS. He married SK for several reasons.  But I remember Youn Min in one scene, said he's jealous that Joon Seo has Jaehyun for a dad.  Joon Seo might be feeling bad too for all we know.  I don't see that much  love flowing between JH and his son either. But this is a romance story so children becomes more like side story but major one.

------

Park Si Yeon appreiation. She always plays the woman we dislike...but only in kdramas. Gotta post. Pls indulge.

Our antagonist. Seo Kyung and her outfits. The way a character is dressed.You can see aura and the mood

I finally found this. Dyring this scene when SK stood up turn around and walk way. Wow too short but. I like

This scene I think she had confrontation with JH.

cr@

Looks like modern classy Chinese dress. Pretty. She works with models and chaebol daughter

Ill be honest. Not exactly sure what SK  main job. But I think it's fashin related?

cr@

Not my style but in this scene wore it nice. It made SK soft actually. Her aura

JH cheating, but Sse also was cheating with the model. But she said it's because he wasn't around for 4 years.

cr@

Archived