[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

36 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

So yeah you guys can try to analyse what happen with both our lead and when you see the bigger picture it is two of the same people who got no choice in life and they try to get back to their old happy life rather than their current unhappy life.

No, I don't for once think Jae Hyun or Ji Soo should lead an unhappy life........Ji Soo was unhappy so she got divorced.....Jae Hyun should do the same because no matter how many romantic filters they use to paint the connection between Ji Soo and Jae Hyun, one is still married legally and his wife still wishes to work on the marriage. So, under the circumstances, if Ji Soo and Jae Hyun pursue each other, its cheating......plain and simple.....I understand Jae Hyun is frustrated from this marriage and all the corporate politics and also could argue Jae Hyun's wife's no better but he chose to ignore that instead of confront it so he has to voice what he feels, two wrongs do not make a right........so he should make a choice to walk away before rekindling things with Ji Soo.......listen, I am not saying its unrealistic what is happening but people will likely get hurt in the process.....there is a kid involved, even if he is a bully, he is still a child, one that was brought to this world by choice of two people, yes he is being spoiled by his mother and grandfather but as a father he still has some say. I would like to see him own up to that and I hope this drama doesn't simply gloss over that. It is likely that they will simply ignore it judging by how much they are focusing in one child as opposed to the other in the first four episodes.

Also, perception to an affair depends on how much we like them, even in reality......for example, When Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie got together, people hated it because people have more warmth towards Jennifer Aniston.....But years later when news came out that Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford were having an affair while filming Star Wars while he was still very much married to another human being who was likely hurt in the process, people were actually overjoyed because its Han Solo and Leia, the epic love story from Star Wars brought back to life.... so I am not surprised that people see what Ji Soo and Jae Hyun are doing here in more positive light. Because we simply like this character, but truth is if you just take away the actors out of this scenario and take a look at it......this drama is very much about a glorified affair in its current state. I am just calling it out as it is. Its a drama at the end of the day, right. What we feel about a drama hardly means anything in reality.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

No, I don't for once think Jae Hyun or Ji Soo should lead an unhappy life........Ji Soo was unhappy so she got divorced.....Jae Hyun should do the same because no matter how many romantic filters they use to paint the connection between Ji Soo and Jae Hyun, one is still married legally and his wife still wishes to work on the marriage. So, under the circumstances, if Ji Soo and Jae Hyun pursue each other, its cheating......plain and simple.....I understand Jae Hyun is frustrated from this marriage and all the corporate politics and also could argue Jae Hyun's wife's no better but he chose to ignore that instead of confront it so he has to voice what he feels, two wrongs do not make a right........so he should make a choice to walk away before rekindling things with Ji Soo.......listen, I am not saying its unrealistic what is happening but people will likely get hurt in the process.....there is a kid involved, even if he is a bully, he is still a child, one that was brought to this world by choice of two people, yes he is being spoiled by his mother and grandfather but as a father he still has some say. I would like to see him own up to that and I hope this drama doesn't simply gloss over that. It is likely that they will simply ignore it judging by how much they are focusing in one child as opposed to the other in the first four episodes.

Also, perception to an affair depends on how much we like them, even in reality......for example, When Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie got together, people hated it because people have more warmth towards Jennifer Aniston.....But years later when news came out that Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford were having an affair while filming Star Wars while he was still very much married to another human being who was likely hurt in the process, people were actually overjoyed because its Han Solo and Leia, the epic love story from Star Wars brought back to life.... so I am not surprised that people see what Ji Soo and Jae Hyun are doing here in more positive light. Because we simply like this character, but truth is if you just take away the actors out of this scenario and take a look at it......this drama is very much about a glorified affair in its current state. I am just calling it out as it is. Its a drama at the end of the day, right. What we feel about a drama hardly means anything in reality.

I think you dont know how hard it is to get away from chaebol?

You know money talks right?

Thats why once you got caught you most likely cant get away without being as broken as possible.

Do you think jaehyun can easily say .... it let get divorce without Seo kyung fight back??

You know how petty someone can be right? Let alone a chaebol. Your life can be destroyed with a blink of an eye. 

You said that his wife want to work out the marriage. Well isnt that an obssesion? 

Maybe this is because i watch too much drama that talking about this kind of trope so maybe my comparison is with other drama. Rather than you who i supposed try to compare it with real life actor. 

You cant just compare western vs korean because it is two different cultute. Well thank you about the trivia about harrison ford because i never heard about that affair. 

And for the kids part i think what jaehyun did is acceptable. If you see your kids classmate fainted and nobody was around do you just go and dont care about it?? I think what jaehyun did was right and it is their culture too in korea to help other and wait until the guardian come. 

And i dont think his interaction with his own kids is bad. It just not shown as much but i bet he is closer to his kids than his mom was.

Without getting into moral argument about Jae-Hyeon's fidelity to his marriage vows, I will say this: as far as storytelling conventions go, the position they put him in is almost comically ridiculous.

1. He went to JAIL to cover for his apparently very corrupt father-in-law who enjoys watching riot cops drag away peaceful protesting ahjummas.

2. He continues to be used as cannon fodder for the company's deeply corrupt ways of doing business.

3. His FIL literally calls him a "dog" to his face, and refuses to give him the promotion he promised in return for FOUR years in jail.

4. His wife cheated on him.

5. His wife is a typical rich B who feels entitled to harass and bully others.

6. I am sure he loves his son. But he's been in jail for 4 years, so he did not see his son from age 10 to age 14. Not really fair to place any blame on him for not having been there for his son.

None of this is to say that it's okay to have extramarital affairs. But his wife and her family are almost hilariously horrible, and his love for Ji Su is clearly unwavering - making it very easy to root for him to be with Ji Su, since that is obviously how he (and her) can be happy.

True fact in reality, first loves are never forgotten. Whether it’s good or bad one doesn’t forget. @sal2 shows first loves can get back together, can be struggling being in the present.  It’s understandable with people involved in the present make it difficult on the long road to happiness. 
If the main OTP go down this road,  it’s going be an full ride of emotions. as @triplem mentioned it’s going to be a roller coaster, so if your in for the ride. hang on and enjoy.

While watching this drama. Are you reminiscing your first love? Put urself in JS And JH shoes. Do you see urself doing the same or opposite if you came across your first love?  

I knew it! When Ji Soo wore that white dress, I foreseen a similar incident like in the Stephen King's Carrie might happen. She should start wearing a waterproof coat or just wear dark colors from now on. And Jae Hyun keeps giving her his shoes LoL. 

Both couples that portray the older as well as younger versions have excellent chemistry. For once the flashbacks in a drama don't bother me much. The actor who is the other guy in the love triangle seem to be typecasted LoL. He was also in a one-sided crush in Naughty Kiss

Same goes for Ji Soo's ex MIL. Ugh she keeps playin' insufferable MILs too.<_<:P So that's why she divorced her husband but he doesn't seem like a good guy anyway. This drama is just so mellow and beautifully paced , it's all very calming to the senses. I think Ji Tae look way better than George Clooney just sayin'.;):w00t:  

This bit of dialogue kills me ha-ha:-

Jae Hyun : Hey Ji Soo it's been awhile hasn't it?

Ji Soo : Really? It's only been 4 days since our last meet though.. 

Aigoo Jae Hyun ah did you miss her that much?:wub::lol:

I would like the boys to become friends. They both found themselves in a difficult situation because of their parents. And I want to think that Joon Seo is just rebelling against it like an ordinary teenager, and not at all so bad in itself.

19 hours ago, FactChecker said:

This is a bit of reverse psychology. The question you should ask yourself is why both his son and his wife never visited him in prison or picked him up when he got out.

His son couldn't, he is just a little boy. But JH is an adult, so he could just call his son, but I guess, his son was not that important. 

11 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

JH knew about his son bullying in the school before this and was aware that something else must have happened.  When he met him, I think he asked his son what he did.  And his son got on the defensive.  So, he knew.  It was not that he did not love his son, but since his wife and FIL kind of supported their son's behavior without reprimanding them, he was in the minority to punish or teach his son the right behavior.  

As JH said, he prefer to side with the losing side. So may be for him his son was always the wining side (he has powerful mother and grandfather). But life not that simple and even boy, who has everything, needs his fathers attention. 

I'm sure, we will have more brutal drama between kids.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Ji Soo says she knows she’s precious so why is she still taking crap from her ex-MIL? I would have slapped her right back. Both the ex and the ex-MIL are unreasonable.

She cant. because she cant lose custody. Her ex and MIL are powerful enough to take it back :(

6 hours ago, FactChecker said:

Although the past stories are nice to watch, the transition to the present is not super smooth. For someone who majored in law, isn't it weird that JH asks his friend what lawyers make for a living?

It's not, as he was in jail for 4 last years. 

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I think you dont know how hard it is to get away from chaebol?

You know money talks right?

Thats why once you got caught you most likely cant get away without being as broken as possible.

Do you think jaehyun can easily say .... it let get divorce without Seo kyung fight back??

You know how petty someone can be right? Let alone a chaebol. Your life can be destroyed with a blink of an eye. 

I think, he can't be more miserable than he is now. His life is already destroyed, so I don't know, what is he afraid now.

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Any stranger should do that to a fainted child. What should he have done? Go inside the building and inform the school officials first and let the child lay there? 

Indeed and I was going to argue that instead but then I thought the fact that arguments are being made against HJH interaction with the child which can be inferred by him taking the child to the hospital, I tried to look at other arguments of why someone would think he’s overstepping the boundaries. For instance, I suppose an argument could be made that HJH could have called the ambulance and let a teacher from the boarding school accompany the child. Or, he could have taken the child into the school where I’m sure they have a nurse or infirmary. People do go an extra mile for the people they care about though so I didn’t want to dismiss that factor.^_^

@Nymeria289, I don’t agree with cheating. However, I can still watch a show and observe how the characters live their lives by the choices they make. I would prefer that YJS and HJH don’t cheat because it can actually do more harm to their lives than anything they’re suffering right now. I don’t want HJH to completely destroy his reputation as it’s already bad even among his university peers. His family is also made up of unconscionable people. He would do well to be careful of them and what they can also do to Ji Soo. I don’t want Ji Soo to be blackmailed by her former husband and MIL. Most of all, I don’t want their love turned into something full of regret for both of them. 

@airgelaal, to me slapping back the mom and custody of YM are two different things. However, I see your point because the courts in SK probably see filial duty as a factor in determining character.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/05/688_288969.html

Actresses in 40s, 50s see careers rebound

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2020-05-04

Actresses in their 40s and 50s are seeing their careers rebound on the small screen as their performances captivated viewers for their realism and engaging stories, marking a shift in themes of popular TV series from male character-oriented stories to strong female character-centered content.

Compared with the past, when a lot more opportunities were given to men, female-led stories have found a large audience thanks to bold storytelling and the delicate depiction of characters. The fact that drama series have diversified in terms of genres, themes and execution has also led such a change. 

JTBC drama "The World of the Married," starring Kim Hee-ae, has become the most talked about drama in Korea. SBS drama "Good Casting," featuring Choi Kang-hee, and tvN "When My Love Blooms," led by Lee Bo-young, have also successfully appealed to the mainstream audience here. 

Spoiler

8BFD7A8B-A2C7-43AC-AFF9-E74DA862547C.jpg

Actress Kim Hee-ae / Courtesy of JTBC

In "The World of the Married," actress Kim, 53, plays Ji Sun-woo, a dedicated wife and doctor who finds out about her husband's affair and sets out to take revenge against him. It has caught viewers' attention with its fast-paced, suspense-filled plot, in which characters experience a whirlwind of emotions. 

In contrast to her previous roles appearing as the adulteress in the SBS drama "My Husband's Lover" (2007), JTBC hit "How Long I've Kissed" (2012) and "Secret Affair" (2014), Kim taps into a different mode in "The World of the Married." 

The veteran actress gives strong, yet delicate psychological depictions that impart a sense of reality to the story. "One of the reasons why this drama became a great success was the casting of its lead actress," BBC Studios producer Charles Harrison said in a press conference, praising Kim's acting skills.

Based on the BBC One series "Doctor Foster," the 16-episode drama set a new ratings record for a cable drama. It reached a viewership of 24.3 percent for its 12th episode, Saturday, breaking the previous record of 23.8 percent set by the final episode of JTBC hit drama "Sky Castle" in 2019.

Spoiler

10002DFF-AF2C-42F1-8424-3B962C1A6883.jpg

Actress Choi Kang-hee / Courtesy of SBS

"Good Casting," starring Choi, 43, got off to a great start by hitting double digit ratings with its premiere last week.

The story centers on Chan-mi (Choi), a national intelligence agent who sets out to save the country. She plays a hot-tempered undercover agent who excels in martial arts and speaks multiple languages. 

In "When My Love Blooms," actress Lee, 41, plays Yoon Ji-soo who reunites with her first love after two decades. It features a more mature portrayal of romance. 

Lee's acting career spans across not only multiple decades but multiple genres, from playing a woman who dreams of revenge after betrayal to the role of a teacher who becomes a mother to an abused child.

"The diversified genres, abundance of women-centered dramas and playing roles of professionals have brought new opportunities to older women actresses," culture critic Jung Duk-hyun said. 

—————————————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398253wpp/watch-got7s-jinyoung-enjoys-teasing-jeon-so-nee-and-byung-hun-on-when-my-love-blooms-set

Watch: GOT7’s Jinyoung Enjoys Teasing Jeon So Nee And Byung Hun On “When My Love Blooms” Set

May 4, 2020
by L. Kim

tvN’s “When My Love Blooms” has shared a new behind-the-scenes video!

In the beginning of the clip, GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee film the scene where he blocks a pile of books from falling on her. With a worried smile, Jeon So Nee asks Jinyoung if he’s okay, and Jinyoung coolly says it didn’t hurt at all. He even suggests they redo the scene to make it more perfect.

During the second take, he pretends to faint, making Jeon So Nee and the crew members burst into laughter. However, he gets up right away and reassures everyone with a bright smile.

Next, Jinyoung, Jeon So Nee, and Byung Hun come together for the protest scene. Byung Hun suddenly says he was worried about Jeon So Nee, and she points at the making-of camera with a grin. Jinyoung spots the camera and now realizes why Byung Hun made such a comment in the first place. Jinyoung laughs as he tells Byung Hun, “You’re so disloyal!”

Jeon So Nee makes jokes about Jinyoung, but he shushes her because filming started. She gives him a playful glare, and he holds a thumb up at the camera. During break, Jeon So Nee jokingly whacks Jinyoung with the excuse of dusting off his jacket. Byung Hun copies her, and Jinyoung pretends to be in pain.

Jinyoung shares his snacks with the two actors as he asks them to accept his apology. Jeon So Nee and Byung Hun happily enjoy the food, but Jinyoung nervously glances around and asks, “Is it okay if we eat by ourselves?”

Later on, Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee film the train scene together. Jinyoung improvises by adding the store ran out of soda, and Jeon So Nee can’t help but start laughing. The filming starts, and the two naturally turn into a couple.

Jeon So Nee rests her head on Jinyoung’s shoulder, and the director comments that they look uncomfortable. She looks surprised as she comments, “Really? I’m very comfortable.” With wide eyes, Jinyoung asks if he’s the one who looks uncomfortable and adds he was doing that on purpose. The director suggests that he relax, and they redo the scene one more time.

Watch the making-of video here:

“When My Love Blooms” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Watch the latest episode on Viki below!

WATCH NOW

Thoughts about Ep 3+4

• Ji Su has so much stuff to bear, every aspect in her life is problematic. She had to bear so much in the past, was beaten and besides playing piano and Jae Hyun nothing seems to be good. It's so sad to see that as an adult it only got worse. Her ex-husband tries to get hold of their son, she doesn't have a job and the part time job she has, she gets humilaited at. There are so many things she has to overcome, the drama needs to pull more than one miracle to get her life back in shape.
  • I am already sure this drama won't end in a happy ending, both are so advanced in their life. How would they be able to get back together when both are having children and JH still being married? I feel like their relationship would only be possible at a cost. And this cost is probably JH losing his son. As soon as their relationship goes public, JH's wife would try to get him away from him. 
  • She kept her face and managed well to dodge the humiliation, but I guess this will be also at a sacrifice. Don't think she will still work at the hotel. 
  • I feel like JH still has to work a lot got get Ji Su back, the kiss at the end was quite surprising, but like Ji Su said, since this is a dream, it will be over soon and they will go back. So one kiss and goodbye. He is all determined to get her back, but she really lets him work for it.
  • Young Ji Su still is THE DreamGirl for every guy. :D Like seriously. Do you know why we know this is a drama and only fiction? Because Young Ji Su is WAY too perfect. She's so overall perfect, that she can only be a creation made by a guys mind. 
  • Honestly this drama reminds me a lot of LBY previous drama "Whisper". So maybe they will go down the same route and JH tries to take down the company with within, probably with JH taking the beat once again and end up in jail. 
  • I mean we can be sure that he will soon start to work against his wife & company to help Ji Su. She is his first and only love, so I guess from the preview he already starts to do what he has to do. Switching to the losing side and being with Ji Su again.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Indeed and I was going to argue that instead but then I thought the fact that arguments are being made against HJH interaction with the child which can be inferred by him taking the child to the hospital, I tried to look at other arguments of why someone would think he’s overstepping the boundaries. For instance, I suppose an argument could be made that HJH could have called the ambulance and let a teacher from the boarding school accompany the child. Or, he could have taken the child into the school where I’m sure they have a nurse or infirmary. People do go an extra mile for the people they care about though so I didn’t want to dismiss that factor.^_^

@Nymeria289, I don’t agree with cheating. However, I can still watch a show and observe how the characters live their lives by the choices they make. I would prefer that YJS and HJH don’t cheat because it can actually do more harm to their lives than anything they’re suffering right now. I don’t want HJH to completely destroy his reputation as it’s already bad even among his university peers. His family is also made up of unconscionable people. He would do well to be careful of them and what they can also do to Ji Soo. I don’t want Ji Soo to be blackmailed by her former husband and MIL. Most of all, I don’t want their love turned into something full of regret for both of them. 

Him taking him to the school/hospital was not overstepping his boundary, his hovering around Ji Soo's family after both set of parents and grandmother showed up however was not okay.  There is something called emotionally cheating, maybe it is not textbook definition of cheating that would hold in a court of law but it does damage people around you. So, no Jae Hyun is treading dangerous waters, more dangerous for Ji Soo than for him because SK society, is not kind to divorcees especially female divorcees. I am pretty sure they will never cross the actual line but  this emotional cheating will continue. I also suspect the wife is going to start acting like caricature kdrama villain soon. I don't see how else they can justify any of this. It is better that way, I can at least root for the romance.

Ji Soo also baffles me. It seems like she didn't win custody, she was granted primary physical custody with some sort of joint custody arrangement with visitations in place because her husband chose to not fight her on that. If she keeps up her antics, grandmother will likely overstep and husband won't be able to prevent her from taking custody back. Also, she has a prior and adding more charges to her rap sheet, that is just disastrous thing to do considering all of this. They need to give her back her some clarity in thought process.

38 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Him taking him to the school/hospital was not overstepping his boundary, his hovering around Ji Soo's family after both set of parents and grandmother showed up however was not okay.  There is something called emotionally cheating, maybe it is not textbook definition of cheating that would hold in a court of law but it does damage people around you. So, no Jae Hyun is treading dangerous waters, more dangerous for Ji Soo than for him because SK society, is not kind to divorcees especially female divorcees. I am pretty sure they will never cross the actual line but  this emotional cheating will continue. I also suspect the wife is going to start acting like caricature kdrama villain soon. I don't see how else they can justify any of this. It is better that way, I can at least root for the romance.

Well, I certainly don’t blame HJH or YJS for acting like human beings. Let’s face it, although there are right and wrong in life and a lot of times gray, many human beings act according to their feelings rather than what they know to be right especially when clouded by emotions. So there’s a certain understanding and empathy I have for both characters because of their story and because they act like human beings...you know, with flaws. For example, while you see HJH as overstepping the boundary by checking on YJS and her ex-in-laws in the hospital scene, I totally see it from a human point of view that a person in his position was probably curious about what would ensue or he was curious about the family dynamic that YJS experienced or he wanted to check that YJS was okay. Emotional cheating or not, his actions are very human.

Characters whom I can’t sympathize with or understand are people who use their wealth and power to grind other people down. People who think they can humiliate people just to put them in their place. People who think their child is precious but cannot see that someone else’s child is also precious. People who think that wealth make them classy when in fact their character is tacky. Yes, I’m talking about the rich wife and her father. I totally cannot relate to them although terrible rich characters just like them appear all the time in Kdrama.

The driver brought HJH to the hospital and then he went back to the school and took the child home. Anyway, I really don’t know why I’m defending HJH as a parent. There are “many” imperfect parents in this world and it’s certainly not a crime for HJH to be one of them. He might not live up to the perfect standards that others have of parents but it really doesn’t bother me as a viewer. Terrible parents to me are fathers like YJS’ father who basically told her she’s a failure as a child and also physically abused her. 

On a light note, one of my younger cousins said that his parents only care about each other and not that much about him. My mother agreed with him.

32 minutes ago, FactChecker said:

Talking about destroying someone's life. Imagine if your chaebol wife or her dad catches you cheating, you are a dead man walking. He is not really afraid to get caught, he has been searching her for 20 years and even has a friend helping with it. It is not that he is particularly secretive about it...

And, by the way, how good is his life now? he has no family, no good reputation, no money or job of his own. He can be frown away by his FIL easily. Ok, he has some friends and some plots, but was it worth it?

As I see it, he already destroyed his life. 

13 minutes ago, FactChecker said:

No, you are skipping one important detail here. JH is with his driver. They are with two people. I am okay if he goes to the hospital, but he can tell his driver to stay there and wait for JS or her husband. He can then take the car, pick up his son and bring him home. Or he could take his son to the hospital and tell him to wait there with him. He could even go back home with his son and driver and inform the school officials... That is what a doting father would do. Instead he lets his driver pick up his son. Stays in the hospital and takes the train home. He basically left his own son unattended for hours, because by the time he got home his wife already came back from work...

I was referring to the immediate action of seeing a fainted child.

What comes after, it’s the drama’s narrative. It so happened the one fainted is the child of his first love, who he knows is divorced and got the custody of this child, who he also knows has no car and needs longer time to take the public transportation to reach the town. Like @celebrianna said, it shows the human side of him, to want to do more for a friend, or to be exact, for a person he loves. (If I were in that situation, I know the kid and the parents, I would personally stay until the parents come instead of instructing my driver to stay. Does that make me a less loving parent to my own child?). As for his son, being the grandson of a chaebol family, he probably is very used to being chauffeured everywhere by just a driver. I am not saying that it means he doesn’t need a father’s love. But another child is in emergency room and there will be other opportunities for quality father-son time, supposedly. 

I seriously don't understand why the discussion about HJH's taking YJS's son to the hospital, having his driver drive his son home while he himself stay there until the boy's mom or dad shows up.  Its not that HJH doesn't know the boy.   He had talked to the boy before and the boy is the son of someone he knows, let alone that someone is the woman he cares about deeply.  I am the mother of a 8-year-old.   I am just thinking that I would most likely do exactly the same thing as HJH does if I see my daughter's friend faints and collapse in front of me.  I will call the kid's parents and wait for them to come to the hospital myself.  And yes, I would also ask my driver to drive my kid home first, because I would prefer my kid to stay away from hospitals unless she is ill and has to go to one.  and second, if my daughter wants to stay with me just to see what happens, that's fine also but she has to stay in the car for previous stated reason - but obviously this won't happen in HJH/YJS situation because their sons don't get along....so might as well ask the driver to drive the kid home first.  And I'll probably only think of informing the school if I don't know the kid.  Still, I would have taken the kid to the hospital first myself and then the school can take it from there.

Anyway, I don't understand how by doing the above would make a parent appears as not a doting mother/father or "imperfect". :huh:   

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Characters whom I can’t sympathize with or understand are people who use their wealth and power to grind other people down. People who think they can humiliate people just to put them in their place. People who think their child is precious but cannot see that someone else’s child is also precious. People who think that wealth make them classy when in fact their character is tacky. 

You would be surprised how many people in real world belongs to this category, people rarely prioritize another child's well being over their own. Even if parents knew in most cases that the fault lies with their own one, nobody will admit it outright and risk the future of their own child. And I speak from personal experience here. What Jae Hyun's wife did is more likely to happen albeit in a dilute and less dramatic form than what Jae Hyun did......he has yet to have an actual conversation with his own son about his wrongdoing.......from the looks of it, he is more interested in Ji Soo's one....that is wrong for a number of reasons. Because A. Ji Soo's son has a dad and not a particularly bad one, he seems to respect Ji Soo's ridiculous demands of parenting  B. He has one that could use some guidance right in his home C. He is indifferent to his own son's emotional needs, if the child gravitates more towards the one who are clearly raising him wrong but at least care enough to show concern, can you blame that child. His son is spoiled rotten and he doesn't seem to care enough to fix it despite his wife asking him to step up.

I am not saying Jae Hyun doesn't exist in reality. But from personal experience, likes of Jae Hyun leave a trail of hurt behind, that I find distasteful. I wish they were shown to be in a childless marriage. I am watching this and World of Married in parallel. Jae Hyun and Ji Soo both are scoring ridiculously low points as parents at the moment. It sort of makes me uncomfortable to root for this grand love of theirs. Its grand when you don't look around and see the devastation it will leave around. I am not sure how the writer intend to give the two a happy ending as it is. I just don't see one. Perhaps, I am nitpicking a bit and should just accept this drama will continue to be what it is. It just grates my nerves because I had high expectation from first 2 and all sorts of red flags started popping up from episode 3 and 4.

46 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

You would be surprised how many people in real world belongs to this category, people rarely prioritize another child's well being over their own. Even if parents knew in most cases that the fault lies with their own one, nobody will admit it outright and risk the future of their own child. And I speak from personal experience here. What Jae Hyun's wife did is more likely to happen albeit in a dilute and less dramatic form than what Jae Hyun did......he has yet to have an actual conversation with his own son about his wrongdoing.......from the looks of it, he is more interested in Ji Soo's one....that is wrong for a number of reasons. Because A. Ji Soo's son has a dad and not a particularly bad one, he seems to respect Ji Soo's ridiculous demands of parenting  B. He has one that could use some guidance right in his home C. He is indifferent to his own son's emotional needs, if the child gravitates more towards the one who are clearly raising him wrong but at least care enough to show concern, can you blame that child. His son is spoiled rotten and he doesn't seem to care enough to fix it despite his wife asking him to step up.

Please don’t paint the world with a broad brush of your individual experience. You would be surprised to find out that in the real world there are societies where people actually choose to discipline their child and make them take the responsibility for their actions. Where I grew up if a child did anything wrong, not only did the teacher punish him but when he goes home the parents also punished him. That’s right, double punishment. There are people who live by “don’t spare the rod and spoil the child”. Furthermore, there are also societies where the neighbors will correct a child when they see him do wrong. A teacher will do the same as well. So would a coach or anyone in the role of a mentor or adult. I don’t have any kind of patience or understanding for parents who don’t discipline their kids and instead enable them and then get a bad apple. Not all societies are the same. I believe in respecting elders but I think some societies take that too far as if the word of an elder cannot be wrong. There is also nothing that forbids rich people from having a good character. There are many “unknown” rich with upstanding character who quietly did good in their communities. This is why I don’t believe that it’s being rich is the problem with HJH’s wife but it’s her character. 

By the way, JS son is not a poor child. JH son and his wife are totally wrong to think, that he can be easily bullied. He has powerful background himself. So I guess this fight won't be that simple.

Archived