[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

On 5/12/2020 at 8:48 PM, jongski said:

@triplem @celebrianna @ktcjdrama @plappi  or anyone chingus here. Just a question. I want to make sure I understand. Did Jisu gave up fighting custody of Young Min to ex husband and because she had to give up just one?

She said "I've decided  to avoid what I'm most afraid of is him falling because of me"  Just want to make sure. I'm confused. I do understand what's going on. She said  her father taught her if you choose one side.. you must give up the other one. So she gave up Young Min? (maybe she has plan? I refuse to believe a mother would give up her son even for first love. Nope).  Am I understanding it the wrong way? The last scene? Is Jisu  trying to NOT to  repeat what happened in the past? 

I felt sad for Jisu. What happened  to her in past. What's happening to her  in the present. She deserves to be happy.

I also feel sad for Young Min. Sweet sad child Young Min caught in between.

I understood that she did not sacrifice her son, but herself.
She returns to the tyrant to her husband, because she can't give him a son, but she has nothing more to give him but herself. She herself returns to him. After all, this is what the ex-husband wants - this is her. In exchange for this, her ex-husband does't touch JH. Here is no question of giving his son to his ex-husband at all.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I personally wanted to see the school violence hearing happen, so Yeong-Min could have his say about how he was bullied.

It won’t necessarily work in his favors though. He may not speak up for himself. 

SK is confident because she will be able to steer the committee to her favors. The school committee cannot be guaranteed to be impartial. 

So personally, I agree with JS not to let the hearing happen. It will go into the child’s record too. 

3 hours ago, plappi said:

I understood that she did not sacrifice her son, but herself.
She returns to the tyrant to her husband, because she can't give him a son, but she has nothing more to give him but herself. She herself returns to him. After all, this is what the ex-husband wants - this is her. In exchange for this, her ex-husband does't touch JH. Here is no question of giving his son to his ex-husband at all.

25 years ago, JS decided to sacrifice herself for JH and 25 years after, she keeps making the important decision relating to 2 persons who seem the most important persons in her life JH and her little son. She has no choice to change the circumstance, she understands well that her ex-husband's target is ability to control her life, to persuade or chase, push her to love him by the "violent" methods to her valuable persons. In this drama, it's him that understands her most and knows how to control her by withdrawing all her strength, closing all her connections even trapping her.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:01 AM, airgelaal said:

She decided to give up her freedom and return to her ex.

But that does not mean he will own her...because her heart and mind is with JH.

Hoping too that it is not a blanket/complete submission to him.... most likely she stated some conditions which we will know later from a flashback....which is the PD's style...darn it.

21 minutes ago, RWinger47 said:

But that does not mean he will own her...because her heart and mind is with JH.

Of course. But it seems that her ex-husband does not care about this nuance at all.

Making

Gonna ramble a bit haha

On JS and SH's parenting

The parenting problem (and WMLB plot tbh) gives me On the Way to the Airport war flashbacks where a lot of viewers disliked the affair and FL's way of raising her kid. Now WMLB has double the trouble because each FL and ML have their own kid to deal with. Oh God, why do I have to like dramas where extramarital affairs and kids are involved... :sweatingbullets::lol:

We have to constantly remember that there's no such thing as perfect parents. So I don't want to explicitly label either JS or SH as good/bad parent. I just think the two have different ways of raising YM. Jisoo tries to be the opposite of her own parents. She talks to YM, gives him space and the options to choose: talk to her, talk to SH, or keep things to himself. She trusts YM but still wants him to express his emotions, because he's still a kid after all.

Whereas SH's methods are too intrusive in my opinion. Checking your kid's items when he's asleep and going to his room when he's in class just don't sit right with me. In this case, it's unfortunate that SH found Youngmin's letter first before JS.

More disjointed thoughts and predictions:

• In the drama Innocent Man, Park Siyeon plays Han Jae Hee who goes from rags-to-riches by marrying a chaebol CEO. Now her character is a chaebol, she's married to Han Jae Hyun whose background is similar to Han Jae Hee's. Did writer-nim do some research?  :lol:
  • I can't wait until YM moves to a different school that values him so he can actually thrive there!! I hate his current school tbh
  • I love how everything's revealed so fast. The affairs, JH doing things behind SK's dad's back, the surveillance. It all makes me look forward to what's gonna happen next!
  • Just had another look at JS' resume that shows up during SK's scene. She drops out on June 1995. It's still April 1995 so we still have some time until then... :heartbreak:
  • Dongjin's profession as a divorce lawyer might come in handy later for... you know...
  • Past Jisoo's decision to study abroad probably has something to do with Jaehyun's freedom and offence records. According to SH's search result, JH joins Hyung Sung Group in 1999. I don't think a conglomerate would hire someone who's been detained especially due to labor movements? So his past records are either overlooked or erased.
  • Bruh I just want JS and JH to end up together... But that sounds wrong...

Screenshot compilations of past scenes we'll hopefully see this weekend (warning: spoiler)

Spoiler

Still not sure about the order...

ZfOroPC.jpg

jN1bQaR.jpg

rgO5YBa.jpg

9JHlv8h.jpg

hXzmBwZ.jpg

T/N: I finally moved Leon to a spacious place. That place... where there will be nothing to worry about. We will be okay here, Leon. If I were [to stay] here, we will be okay.

The letter above refers to the movie "Léon: The Professional". Throughout the film, Leon nurtures a plant that he likens it to his own life as a hitman that has no roots because he's always traveling and never settling down. After Leon's death, there's a scene at the end of the movie where Mathilda transfers Leon's potted-plant into the ground where it can finally grow some roots and settle down.

Go here for my predictions haha might be inaccurate, though.

GOT7’s Jinyoung And Jeon So Nee Talk About Their First Loves On Set Of “When My Love Blooms”

May 14, 2020
by S. Nam

tvN’s “When My Love Blooms” released a new behind-the-scenes look at GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee!

The making-of video begins with a question for the actors, asking them to recommend a good film related to rain. Jinyoung begins by saying that they should exclude the film “The Classic” since it’s too famous. He then proceeds to recommend “Once In a Summer.”

When Jeon So Nee can’t think of a movie, Jinyoung says, “I thought of another one. ‘The Garden of Words.'” Jeon So Nee laughs and reveals that she is the one who told him about the movie. Jinyoung continues to recommend “Days of Being Wild,” and he even mentions “The Classic” despite what he said earlier. Jeon So Nee is about to give up, but she finally remembers “After the Storm,” which Jinyoung has yet to watch.

In another behind-the-scenes clip, Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee stretch to warm up during filming. Jinyoung thoughtfully hands Jeon So Nee a hand warmer to help her stay warm.

The actors also answer questions about their first loves in the making-of video. Jeon So Nee reveals, “When I was in elementary school, there was a kid who was short but really good at playing basketball,” adding that she used to watch him play basketball. She shares, “To my memory, I don’t think I was able to confess my feelings. He must have grown up well, right? He must be an adult now. I hope you were able to grow tall from playing basketball.”

Jinyoung also reveals that his first love was from when he was five years old when they were running around and playing on the playground together. He then asks the viewers, “When was your first love?” To his first love, he asks, “Are you doing well? These days, it’s very cold. Live a good life. Please watch ‘When My Love Blooms.'”

Watch the full making-of video below!

Making in my previous post

SOOMPI

@enchantedyears, I won’t say sorry that I want Ji Soo and Jae Hyun to end up together. His wife cheated on him (moral grounds for divorce) before Ji Soo even appeared and it’s valid ground for divorce. So, I don’t feel sorry for wanting him to divorce her for that and many other reasons. However, I don’t know if the writer will give us a happy ending for our star crossed lovers. I can only hope now. At minimum, I want Ji Soo to have her freedom to live as she wishes while maintaining sole custody of her son. 

7 hours ago, dodomummim said:

25 years ago, JS decided to sacrifice herself for JH and 25 years after, she keeps making the important decision relating to 2 persons who seem the most important persons in her life JH and her little son. She has no choice to change the circumstance, she understands well that her ex-husband's target is ability to control her life, to persuade or chase, push her to love him by the "violent" methods to her valuable persons. In this drama, it's him that understands her most and knows how to control her by withdrawing all her strength, closing all her connections even trapping her.

But her sacrifices are not meant to bring happiness. 20 years ago their life was changed to worse, so lets have another 20 years of depression with another sacrifice. 

Unhappy parents cant raise happy children. I know, she tried her best, but still her son depressed and bullied. So may be it's a signal to change her life philosophy?

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

But her sacrifices are not meant to bring happiness. 20 years ago their life was changed to worse, so lets have another 20 years of depression with another sacrifice. 

Unhappy parents cant raise happy children. I know, she tried her best, but still her son depressed and bullied. So may be it's a signal to change her life philosophy?

are you saying she responsible for her JH change of character  and her own misery and also her own son being bullied ?

and how did you come up with this conclusion exactly ... we don't control how life treats us....

she chose to protect him then ... that doesnt mean shes responsible for what he turned into

I was a bullied child in all of my school duration...surely my parents are not responsible for that ! thats victim blaming... bullying happens cause bullies exist

also you seem to ignore that the life changing events in both their lives were not shown yet...the accident to her family and we dont know what happened so he changed  

running on empty'

on the other hand i have my own conclusion on why he changed paths ......

idealism is shown as nostalgia for the past ....

he himself says he felt was copying student protests on the 80s .... or his rebel image back then of river phoenix.........he has noble intentions but he was a rebel without a cause  .....

1 hour ago, Tango27 said:

are you saying she responsible for her JH change of character  and her own misery and also her own son being bullied ?

and how did you come up with this conclusion exactly ... we don't control how life treats us....

she chose to protect him then ... that doesnt mean shes responsible for what he turned into

I was a bullied child in all of my school duration...surely my parents are not responsible for that ! thats victim blaming... bullying happens cause bullies exist

also you seem to ignore that the life changing events in both their lives were not shown yet...the accident to her family and we dont know what happened so he changed  

running on empty'

on the other hand i have my own conclusion on why he changed paths ......

idealism is shown as nostalgia for the past ....

he himself says he felt was copying student protests on the 80s .... or his rebel image back then of river phoenix.........he has noble intentions but he was a rebel without a cause  .....

Sorry for hearing that you were a bullied child in all of your school life. Same to the circumstance of the beginning period of my son in junior high school. I felt sorry but after discovering that I had to investigate long time for the main reason and it was really the unforgettable period not only for a single mum like me and also for the little son like him. But fortunately, we both overcome this difficult time and now he can start high school time with joy and happiness. 

As regards to JS in WMLB, if I were her, I could do nothing and accept the suggestion of ex-husband if he pushed me by that way. JS has no way to escape her difficulties, she must agree to come back the hell of ex-husband family including him and his mother. JS only needs to protect her little son and also JH and there is only road she must follow is accepting for the demand of her ex-husband. Poor her but I never blame her because unfortunately, at present, she has nothing except her son and the memories of first love, no money, no full time job, no safe feeling, etc. For her, JH is only the most beautiful dream that she cannot touch or hold, her lasting kiss at the end of ep 4. was only considered the closing of happy dream and alarm rings loudly she must come back the painful true life. 

1 hour ago, Tango27 said:

I never said, that she is responsible.  I can understand choice, that she made 20 years ago. But I think, JH wished she never made it. Still, she couldn't predict future. 

But I can't understand her choice now. Because now she already knows what happen during that 20 years. No one happy now. Why she does she think, that her sacrifice now is what JH need the most?

What I want to say, that she is responsible for her own happiness. JH or her son want her to be happy. They want to see her been happy. More sacrifices she will make, more unhappy they will be. But she still that 20 years old girl, who think, that she don`t deserve to be happy.

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

I never said, that she is responsible.  I can understand choice, that she made 20 years ago. But I think, JH wished she never made it. Still, she couldn't predict future. 

But I can't understand her choice now. Because now she already knows what happen during that 20 years. No one happy now. Why she does she think, that her sacrifice now is what JH need the most?

What I want to say, that she is responsible for her own happiness. JH or her son want her to be happy. They want to see her been happy. More sacrifices she will make, more unhappy they will be. But she still that 20 years old girl, who think, that she don`t deserve to be happy.

I think JS does not want any harm to come to JH through her. JH is going through a very public investigation with the prosecution which most likely casts him in a negative light in society. Most people will probably believe JH is guilty especially because as JH observed, the fact that he tried to negotiate with the workers was completely eliminated from the case. So it makes him unsympathetic in the eyes of the public. Notice also that Ji Soo was watching the public trials on her tv. To have the video released where she “initiated” the kiss with JH surely would not help his situation especially in a place like SK and she probably realizes that. So in the only way she knows how, she chose to protect JH.

To me what needs to happen now is JH should step up to help and protect JS in a solid way. He doesn’t have to get directly involved but he has friends who are lawyers, I’m sure. They may know how to work the law better than her dummy ex-husband whom I understand took a while to pass the bar exam.

19 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

So in the only way she knows how, she chose to protect JH.

I understand this. But I tried to see the whole story from JH perspective. 20 years ago he became a person, who lost his love and dream. She decided to protect him, but may be JH would prefer to go to jail then to lost her. Even without JS he could end up in jail. It's the choice he made himself when he decided to fight against injustice. I think for a man it's not easy to realize that his beloved woman decided to sacrifice herself just for him to be safe. And not once, but twice. She had another choice. Just ask JH what he wants. he had and has a right to know whats going on.

46 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I understand this. But I tried to see the whole story from JH perspective. 20 years ago he became a person, who lost his love and dream. She decided to protect him, but may be JH would prefer to go to jail then to lost her. Even without JS he could end up in jail. It's the choice he made himself when he decided to fight against injustice. I think for a man it's not easy to realize that his beloved woman decided to sacrifice herself just for him to be safe. And not once, but twice. She had another choice. Just ask JH what he wants. he had and has a right to know whats going on.

Yes, that’s probably his perspective but JS is a woman who also wants to protect the person she loves. JH will undoubtedly find out that she’s sacrificing herself for him and that’s why I think the ball is in his court now. He needs to act to prevent or rectify this situation. Hey, if they have to dig up lots of dirt on her ex husband and his mother, even better. Bullies think they have all the power when in fact there’s always somebody out there who has more power than them.

Sadly though, I would temper my expectations on this because this is not normally a plot that is employed in Kdrama shows. Kdrama shows tend to grind the powerless to the ground for 15 episodes and in the last episode deliver some lame victory to the powerless. :sweatingbullets: By that standard, I’m not sure how much suffering and humiliation Ji Soo needs to endure before she sees a light at the end of a tunnel.

tbh ... its

8 hours ago, airgelaal said:

character wise...I am figuring she has some conflict 

she doesnt accepts him as he is now... she tells him he is in a way her enemy so they cant and are not open with each other yet ....on the other hand she feels some responsibility for him  as in both times he was targeted because of her ........

a much simpler reason though ... quiet clearly

thats how she  expresses her love 

... she protects him and he wants to take care of her 

didnt she say... love for me is not making the beloved cry 

drama wise 

this drama has an  obsession with making parallels between past and present 

the present being the mirror of the past to come full circle ...this is the drama universe here 

everything has to happen again in some way or other 

still there is something here...if JH goes down she will go down with him ... that will ruin his son life and reputation ...I dont think its also good for his reputation either as a lawyer .. they love their scandals in korea ....so was he even really making a real threat ?

On 5/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, enchantedyears said:

Now WMLB has double the trouble because each FL and ML have their own kid to deal with. Oh God, why do I have to like dramas where extramarital affairs and kids are involved... :sweatingbullets::lol:

So several dramas ( ie: Sky Castle,  Nobody Knows,  TWOM) we've seen where children are caught in between complicated adult relationships and they are the ones left to suffer. Ahh these drama writers giving us something to ponder 

On 5/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, celebrianna said:

However, I don’t know if the writer will give us a happy ending for our star crossed lovers. I can only hope now. At minimum, I want Ji Soo to have her freedom to live as she wishes while maintaining sole custody of her son. 

JS and JH shou;d be together. However, it  willl not feel like a win-win situation. JH is married and has a Joon Seo who's classmate with Young Min .. and if Joon Seo finds out that his father is seeing and in love and wants to be with JH.. then that will trigger more  Joon Seo's emotions ( it's his dad after all) and It's also the same for Young Min. ... though  I know he said once he's nevious of Joon Seon having JH as dad. But then again... this is romance drama. It's not like main story line is about family it's a romance... reunited love but with two kids involve. two kids who know each other and two kids who are at odds with each other.. lets see what writer will come up.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:56 PM, airgelaal said:

She doesn't want to subject JH for futher failure. He's being investigate, she read articles already. If she's being scrutinized, the past may surface. Plus what woulf Young Min think. Her son.. I feel sad for him the most, but.. how will she explain  to him about first love , 25 year love spanning two decades. Sorry not sure if it make sense but, the more sher's involve in JH the more he will fail.

23 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Sadly though, I would temper my expectations on this because this is not normally a plot that is employed in Kdrama shows. Kdrama shows tend to grind the powerless to the ground for 15 episodes and in the last episode deliver some lame victory to the powerless

Yeah. We watch  many kdramas we're used  good15 episodes but the last episode it  deflates expectation. This is not preproduced they do live shoot.. so lets see. Correct me if I'm wrong okay but yeah live shoot...so it means they write thhe script or can change.

This is melodrama romance. We've seen how they met how they fell in love, the sarcifice that each of them made. They seperated, but got reunited.  But their status  has now change. JS has a son. JS also has a son. The son's know each other.  It's JH who's got money and power, whereas JS works with 3 jobs ( grocery -before she was dismissed,  piano tutor, then she plays piano in the hotel).  Both have been in jail due to experiencing demoralizing siuations. Viewers expecting at the end, JH and JS will be together. 

However children are involve and you want to balance  that with the outcome of the romance and being together. If there no kids involve....I'll be the moon they will end up together. Well what do you guys think?

Lets enjoy this drama we have good solid acting from the main cast.

On 5/14/2020 at 5:16 AM, Tango27 said:

The only bully-free school that exists today is....the school of the Deaf and the Blind.

Bullying is the nature of the beast....or someone who has the power over another...i.e. in size, looks, color, wealth and physical ability. It happens to people, animals, birds, insects, sea creatures...and all living things.

Same with a one-sided marriage....he/she who has power... dominates; whether it is consciously or unconsciously. Worst if the man is a beast...who sinks deeper and deeper into insecurity, inadequacy, or deficiency of whatever.

As to being a rebel.... it is the biggest fraud (a hoax)... or fabricated noble intentions for the sake of equality, fairness, justice, political correctness and all that jazz. Look at ex-rebels Marx, Stalin, Mao, Castro, etal... on Communism, Marxism, Socialism and their idea of Utopia which never happened, and where they eventually became the dictator and masterbully. Nothing but a self-serving-hypocritic-oath-of-activism to say the least. Apologize to those  offended by this point of view.

Anyway, so far it is still about the powerful... imposing their determined will over another, who is weak.  But I am still looking forward to how love blooms in the face adversity. Just love Lee Bo Young's ability and delivery of this human experience, like in her other drama Mother.   

Archived