Quantcast

she is calling the ex a monster ? ... it cant be just cause he cheated on her................... he gives me major obsessive  psychopath trope ............and why did she accept him in the first place,.I guess we will see their history coming up  .............................................

I dont agree that JS is a shell of her former self...back then love was all of her universe and she joined him just cause she love ...now she has beliefs that is making her stand against him now even if she having a conflict of interests  .....her pathetic situation is too much though... where it seemed she never had a break ever since ...........we also dont know if JH has a secret plan or is he really just trying to take over the company 

.. the basic plot here is the couple exchanging places ... where JS was the selfish brat and him being the idealist poor ... and now they have exchanged places.....this is the thing that sets the show apart from your usual melo 

Spoiler

Photo by 이보영 배우님 (Lee Bo Young) on May 12, 2020. Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting and indoor

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep. 10 Recap   We start off with the train scene. - 1995 - JS runs to the hospital, she's drenched in the rain. Instead of the morgue, she heads to the emergency room. But all she se

DCInside post from the Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)   Hello, everyone... I'm Son Jung Hyun, the director of "When My Love Blooms".   I would like

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead    Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Sour

@triplem @celebrianna @ktcjdrama @plappi  or anyone chingus here. Just a question. I want to make sure I understand. Did Jisu gave up fighting custody of Young Min to ex husband and because she had to give up just one?

She said "I've decided  to avoid what I'm most afraid of is him falling because of me"  Just want to make sure. I'm confused. I do understand what's going on. She said  her father taught her if you choose one side.. you must give up the other one. So she gave up Young Min? (maybe she has plan? I refuse to believe a mother would give up her son even for first love. Nope).  Am I understanding it the wrong way? The last scene? Is Jisu  trying to NOT to  repeat what happened in the past? 

I felt sad for Jisu. What happened  to her in past. What's happening to her  in the present. She deserves to be happy.

I also feel sad for Young Min. Sweet sad child Young Min caught in between.

cr:@

cr@

When viewers feel the emotions. Good acting from cast. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
11 minutes ago, jongski said:

She said "I've decided  to avoid what I'm most afraid of is him falling because of me"  Just want to make sure. I'm confused. I do understand what's going on. She said  her father taught her if you choose one side.. you must give up the other one. So she gave up Young Min? (maybe she has plan? I refuse to believe a mother would give up her son even for first love. Nope).  Am I understanding it the wrong way? The last scene? Is Jisu  trying to NOT to  repeat what happened in the past? 

She decided to give up her freedom and return to her ex.

• Like 5

DCInside post from the Co-Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)

iCUxGSq.jpg

Hello everyone~ I'm Kim Tae Yeop and I co-direct "When My Love Blooms" with director Son Jung Hyun.

Currently, I am working with production staff of Team B to direct big and small scenes for the drama. (t/n: director might be talking about young and present-day scenes but I'm not 100% sure)

Director Son told me about the DC Gallery, so I looked it up and found this place~

It is a place full of affection for our drama. Is it heaven?

Actually, I mainly work in the movie [industry] and this is my first time to be in a drama, I'm a drama newbie.

"Your love becomes a great strength to our production staff." such words are 100 [percent] real and truthful now that it's become my experience.

Ever since I found out about this place, whenever I have a chance during filming I would visit [the gallery] and unconsciously giggle by myself while reading your posts...

(Director Son, I'm sorryㅜㅜ)

As a way to repay your support, I was going to answer some of the things you are curious of, but Director Son has already answered all the good ones... Hmm...

Nevertheless, I was wondering if there is anything I could tell you that wasn't a spoiler.

I'd like to let you know that we are filming!

As some of you know, we are filming the footage of episode 12 to 14 in a very, very amicable atmosphere!

When I first started as a drama newbie, I wondered when we will finish filming all 16 episodes.

But my God, how fast time flies! I can't believe it's already episode 14...

What? You are not curious about such thing?

I'll throw a small gift for those people!

This is the picture where "I found you, Yoon Jisoo." happened, the best scene of episode 1! It's pretty, right?

Once again, thank you for your love. I'll visit often and say hi!

Hwayang Yeonhwa forever! (t/n: Hwayang Yeonhwa is the Korean title of When My Love Blooms)

--

@jongski

Dialogue on the last scene:

Jisoo: After that day, I kept thinking about it. About why you are being like this. You were someone who had extramarital affairs before Youngmin even learned how to walk. You also gave up custody without a second thought in court. Why are you suddenly talking about the right to custody? If you suddenly developed a love for your son after giving way a hundred times, then you would have brought up my affair and incompetence in court to win. But why is the effort to get your son back less than the effort to ruin the person I'm having an affair with? How could your child's custody and the man Han Jaehyun be put on the same level?

Sehun: Did you find the answer to that?

Jisoo: There's something my dad told me 25 years ago. About opportunity cost. If you choose one, you have to give up the other one. Either you pick what you want to do most, or you avoid what you dread the most. To pick one of the two. I decided to avoid what I dread the most. Back then and now, the thing I'm most afraid of is that person getting ruined because of me. Whether my choice is right or wrong, I will go back to you.

In her head, this decision is a win-win solution. Sehun is filing for custody because what he really wants is Jisoo and her love. Why? Because he's the possessive type. Sehun is similar to Seokyung in a way that they get jealous once they found out JS & JH are capable of loving someone more than them. They become competitive. The difference is, SK can tell what SH is doing is not love. It's something else, like a twisted obsession.

By choosing the option to go back to SH, she'll kill two birds with one stone: SH might not push for YM's official custody AND the kissing video will not be spread to public. Seokyung who gave SH the video thinks he will only use it to blackmail Jisoo and she'll succumb to SH's request because there's no way JS wants the video to be shared. Plot twist: Jaehyun wants the video be made public.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

@jongski, it is a bit confusing indeed but the obsessive ex threatened her with:

(1) give up custody of Youngmin and the video will disappear from the world 

(2) Fight for custody of Youngmin and the video will negatively affect HJH in the ongoing prosecution investigation against him. 

Ji Soo chose to go back to him which negates the custody battle plus the video will disappear from the world. She chose to protect both Young Min and HJH. She didn’t choose HJH over Youngmin. If she did, she wouldn’t choose to go back to the ex.

As for her comment about choosing the thing she wants to do most versus avoiding the thing she dreads the most, she said she chose the latter. I think this choice probably applies more to HJH and the video. She made that decision in the past where she chose to walk away from HJH over fear of ruining him (what she feared the most) versus staying with him (what she wanted to do most). In the present, I assume the thing she wanted to do most is maintain some kind of “ship” with HJH but she chose not to ruin him (the thing she feared most) by going back to ex and the video will disappear. 

Also, Ji Soo clearly understands that what her ex is doing is NOT about Youngmin. In her confrontation with him, she gave us a history of the ex’s treatment of Youngmin. He didn’t even deny any of her accusations. Like her, I believe this is all about his obsession and control of Ji Soo. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Thank you chingus airgelaal, enchantedyears, and celebrianna for explaining.

The ex has the aura of control obsessive jerko. So JS chose to go back to the ex. So they won'r find over Young Min, and video of her and JH will not be exposed. So even at presen time Jisu is still sacrificing. Thinking of Jaehyun. And now to spare Young Min of custody battles and tug of war with the ex.

Sacrifice. She's been doing that since college. Back then Jaehyun  had no idea she told him to find his path follow his path  She gave up the love so Jaehyun can comeback and be remove from the wanted list. She had to choose. Jisu love Jaehyun  she chose to let go.  It was sad scene.

When My Love Blooms ep 6, flashback scene to March 31, 1995.

"We met as flowers bloom. And we parted as flowers fell. That was not our first encounter. And it won't be our last farewell."

cr@

watch the scene again.

cr@

cr@

Really liking, the college Jisu and Jaehyun and their love and life and struggles and protest in the 90's. Wonderful acting fron Jeon So Nee and Jinyoung.

Jinyoung, Jeon So Nee and  Lee Bo Young's scenes where sad and emotional.

The feels of this melodrama. Like old school kdrama  early 2000 era w/o the makjang.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

"Ride the bicycle. You're on your path now. I want to say this along with these lines.
To my loved one who's fighting a lonely battle, you should be on your path"

-When My love Blooms ep 6

*IG ctto

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 5/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, sal2 said:

I see some comment saying she is bad mom, but to me she is a capable mom hin her own way. Last week she did have a nice conversation with him and she do know about the bullying. that is why she was thinking about moving school this weeks episode. she do send him text and even said she wanted him to talk if something more happened at school. So to me she is a good mom that want to do the best for her son. 

Tham her ex is obsessed with JS.... why cant he just leave her alone and just focus on caring for his son....

With that say It is so sad seing them all not being happy about their life. It is like when we become real adult or youthful spirits fade and ofte see ourself trapped in life we did not wanted as our dreams fade away. 

I agree that she is a good mom. And as @airgelaal pointed out, she was preoccupied with making sure the school violence hearing never took place, so she never fought for Yeong-Min.

She is good at fighting for herself when people disrespect her. But when it comes to Yeong-Min, she is too scared to speak out because she's afraid that her husband will take him away.

While that hurts her ability to be a good mom to Yeong-Min, I think the blame lies with her husband. Did she have any choice about it? I'm not sure that she did.

I personally wanted to see the school violence hearing happen, so Yeong-Min could have his say about how he was bullied. While Jun-Seo is the Rich Kid that the school protects, it seems that he did have a similar bullying incident happen in the past, and someone did at least get a chance to say it. It's possible that Yeong-Min doesn't care about getting kicked out of school because he may not want to attend this school anymore. (It's also possible that he is too depressed to care either way.) Anyway, it's awful that in this posh school, no teacher noticed a kid being bullied and no one is going to be accountable for that. I just hate seeing that.

It's also notable that the thing that Ji-Su refused to let happen (let her father send Jae-Hyeon to jail for several years) is *exactly* the thing that Seo-Gyeong did let happen to Jae-Hyeon.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5
On 5/12/2020 at 8:48 PM, jongski said:

@triplem @celebrianna @ktcjdrama @plappi  or anyone chingus here. Just a question. I want to make sure I understand. Did Jisu gave up fighting custody of Young Min to ex husband and because she had to give up just one?

I felt sad for Jisu. What happened  to her in past. What's happening to her  in the present. She deserves to be happy.

I also feel sad for Young Min. Sweet sad child Young Min caught in between.

I understood that she did not sacrifice her son, but herself.
She returns to the tyrant to her husband, because she can't give him a son, but she has nothing more to give him but herself. She herself returns to him. After all, this is what the ex-husband wants - this is her. In exchange for this, her ex-husband does't touch JH. Here is no question of giving his son to his ex-husband at all.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I personally wanted to see the school violence hearing happen, so Yeong-Min could have his say about how he was bullied.

It won’t necessarily work in his favors though. He may not speak up for himself. 

SK is confident because she will be able to steer the committee to her favors. The school committee cannot be guaranteed to be impartial. 

So personally, I agree with JS not to let the hearing happen. It will go into the child’s record too. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
3 hours ago, plappi said:

I understood that she did not sacrifice her son, but herself.
She returns to the tyrant to her husband, because she can't give him a son, but she has nothing more to give him but herself. She herself returns to him. After all, this is what the ex-husband wants - this is her. In exchange for this, her ex-husband does't touch JH. Here is no question of giving his son to his ex-husband at all.

25 years ago, JS decided to sacrifice herself for JH and 25 years after, she keeps making the important decision relating to 2 persons who seem the most important persons in her life JH and her little son. She has no choice to change the circumstance, she understands well that her ex-husband's target is ability to control her life, to persuade or chase, push her to love him by the "violent" methods to her valuable persons. In this drama, it's him that understands her most and knows how to control her by withdrawing all her strength, closing all her connections even trapping her.

• Like 5
On 5/12/2020 at 11:01 AM, airgelaal said:

She decided to give up her freedom and return to her ex.

But that does not mean he will own her...because her heart and mind is with JH.

Hoping too that it is not a blanket/complete submission to him.... most likely she stated some conditions which we will know later from a flashback....which is the PD's style...darn it.

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, RWinger47 said:

But that does not mean he will own her...because her heart and mind is with JH.

Of course. But it seems that her ex-husband does not care about this nuance at all.

Making

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Gonna ramble a bit haha

On JS and SH's parenting

The parenting problem (and WMLB plot tbh) gives me On the Way to the Airport war flashbacks where a lot of viewers disliked the affair and FL's way of raising her kid. Now WMLB has double the trouble because each FL and ML have their own kid to deal with. Oh God, why do I have to like dramas where extramarital affairs and kids are involved... :sweatingbullets::lol:

We have to constantly remember that there's no such thing as perfect parents. So I don't want to explicitly label either JS or SH as good/bad parent. I just think the two have different ways of raising YM. Jisoo tries to be the opposite of her own parents. She talks to YM, gives him space and the options to choose: talk to her, talk to SH, or keep things to himself. She trusts YM but still wants him to express his emotions, because he's still a kid after all.

Whereas SH's methods are too intrusive in my opinion. Checking your kid's items when he's asleep and going to his room when he's in class just don't sit right with me. In this case, it's unfortunate that SH found Youngmin's letter first before JS.

More disjointed thoughts and predictions:

• In the drama Innocent Man, Park Siyeon plays Han Jae Hee who goes from rags-to-riches by marrying a chaebol CEO. Now her character is a chaebol, she's married to Han Jae Hyun whose background is similar to Han Jae Hee's. Did writer-nim do some research?  :lol:
  • I can't wait until YM moves to a different school that values him so he can actually thrive there!! I hate his current school tbh
  • I love how everything's revealed so fast. The affairs, JH doing things behind SK's dad's back, the surveillance. It all makes me look forward to what's gonna happen next!
  • Just had another look at JS' resume that shows up during SK's scene. She drops out on June 1995. It's still April 1995 so we still have some time until then... :heartbreak:
  • Dongjin's profession as a divorce lawyer might come in handy later for... you know...
  • Past Jisoo's decision to study abroad probably has something to do with Jaehyun's freedom and offence records. According to SH's search result, JH joins Hyung Sung Group in 1999. I don't think a conglomerate would hire someone who's been detained especially due to labor movements? So his past records are either overlooked or erased.
  • Bruh I just want JS and JH to end up together... But that sounds wrong...

Screenshot compilations of past scenes we'll hopefully see this weekend (warning: spoiler)

Spoiler

Still not sure about the order...

ZfOroPC.jpg

jN1bQaR.jpg

rgO5YBa.jpg

9JHlv8h.jpg

hXzmBwZ.jpg

T/N: I finally moved Leon to a spacious place. That place... where there will be nothing to worry about. We will be okay here, Leon. If I were [to stay] here, we will be okay.

The letter above refers to the movie "Léon: The Professional". Throughout the film, Leon nurtures a plant that he likens it to his own life as a hitman that has no roots because he's always traveling and never settling down. After Leon's death, there's a scene at the end of the movie where Mathilda transfers Leon's potted-plant into the ground where it can finally grow some roots and settle down.

Go here for my predictions haha might be inaccurate, though.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

GOT7’s Jinyoung And Jeon So Nee Talk About Their First Loves On Set Of “When My Love Blooms”

May 14, 2020
by S. Nam

tvN’s “When My Love Blooms” released a new behind-the-scenes look at GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee!

The making-of video begins with a question for the actors, asking them to recommend a good film related to rain. Jinyoung begins by saying that they should exclude the film “The Classic” since it’s too famous. He then proceeds to recommend “Once In a Summer.”

When Jeon So Nee can’t think of a movie, Jinyoung says, “I thought of another one. ‘The Garden of Words.'” Jeon So Nee laughs and reveals that she is the one who told him about the movie. Jinyoung continues to recommend “Days of Being Wild,” and he even mentions “The Classic” despite what he said earlier. Jeon So Nee is about to give up, but she finally remembers “After the Storm,” which Jinyoung has yet to watch.

In another behind-the-scenes clip, Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee stretch to warm up during filming. Jinyoung thoughtfully hands Jeon So Nee a hand warmer to help her stay warm.

The actors also answer questions about their first loves in the making-of video. Jeon So Nee reveals, “When I was in elementary school, there was a kid who was short but really good at playing basketball,” adding that she used to watch him play basketball. She shares, “To my memory, I don’t think I was able to confess my feelings. He must have grown up well, right? He must be an adult now. I hope you were able to grow tall from playing basketball.”

Jinyoung also reveals that his first love was from when he was five years old when they were running around and playing on the playground together. He then asks the viewers, “When was your first love?” To his first love, he asks, “Are you doing well? These days, it’s very cold. Live a good life. Please watch ‘When My Love Blooms.'”

Watch the full making-of video below!

Making in my previous post

SOOMPI

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@enchantedyears, I won’t say sorry that I want Ji Soo and Jae Hyun to end up together. His wife cheated on him (moral grounds for divorce) before Ji Soo even appeared and it’s valid ground for divorce. So, I don’t feel sorry for wanting him to divorce her for that and many other reasons. However, I don’t know if the writer will give us a happy ending for our star crossed lovers. I can only hope now. At minimum, I want Ji Soo to have her freedom to live as she wishes while maintaining sole custody of her son. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, dodomummim said:

25 years ago, JS decided to sacrifice herself for JH and 25 years after, she keeps making the important decision relating to 2 persons who seem the most important persons in her life JH and her little son. She has no choice to change the circumstance, she understands well that her ex-husband's target is ability to control her life, to persuade or chase, push her to love him by the "violent" methods to her valuable persons. In this drama, it's him that understands her most and knows how to control her by withdrawing all her strength, closing all her connections even trapping her.

But her sacrifices are not meant to bring happiness. 20 years ago their life was changed to worse, so lets have another 20 years of depression with another sacrifice. 

Unhappy parents cant raise happy children. I know, she tried her best, but still her son depressed and bullied. So may be it's a signal to change her life philosophy?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

But her sacrifices are not meant to bring happiness. 20 years ago their life was changed to worse, so lets have another 20 years of depression with another sacrifice. 

Unhappy parents cant raise happy children. I know, she tried her best, but still her son depressed and bullied. So may be it's a signal to change her life philosophy?

are you saying she responsible for her JH change of character  and her own misery and also her own son being bullied ?

and how did you come up with this conclusion exactly ... we don't control how life treats us....

she chose to protect him then ... that doesnt mean shes responsible for what he turned into

I was a bullied child in all of my school duration...surely my parents are not responsible for that ! thats victim blaming... bullying happens cause bullies exist

also you seem to ignore that the life changing events in both their lives were not shown yet...the accident to her family and we dont know what happened so he changed  

running on empty'

on the other hand i have my own conclusion on why he changed paths ......

idealism is shown as nostalgia for the past ....

he himself says he felt was copying student protests on the 80s .... or his rebel image back then of river phoenix.........he has noble intentions but he was a rebel without a cause  .....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tango27 said:

are you saying she responsible for her JH change of character  and her own misery and also her own son being bullied ?

and how did you come up with this conclusion exactly ... we don't control how life treats us....

she chose to protect him then ... that doesnt mean shes responsible for what he turned into

I was a bullied child in all of my school duration...surely my parents are not responsible for that ! thats victim blaming... bullying happens cause bullies exist

also you seem to ignore that the life changing events in both their lives were not shown yet...the accident to her family and we dont know what happened so he changed  

running on empty'

on the other hand i have my own conclusion on why he changed paths ......

idealism is shown as nostalgia for the past ....

he himself says he felt was copying student protests on the 80s .... or his rebel image back then of river phoenix.........he has noble intentions but he was a rebel without a cause  .....

Sorry for hearing that you were a bullied child in all of your school life. Same to the circumstance of the beginning period of my son in junior high school. I felt sorry but after discovering that I had to investigate long time for the main reason and it was really the unforgettable period not only for a single mum like me and also for the little son like him. But fortunately, we both overcome this difficult time and now he can start high school time with joy and happiness. 

As regards to JS in WMLB, if I were her, I could do nothing and accept the suggestion of ex-husband if he pushed me by that way. JS has no way to escape her difficulties, she must agree to come back the hell of ex-husband family including him and his mother. JS only needs to protect her little son and also JH and there is only road she must follow is accepting for the demand of her ex-husband. Poor her but I never blame her because unfortunately, at present, she has nothing except her son and the memories of first love, no money, no full time job, no safe feeling, etc. For her, JH is only the most beautiful dream that she cannot touch or hold, her lasting kiss at the end of ep 4. was only considered the closing of happy dream and alarm rings loudly she must come back the painful true life. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tango27 said:

I never said, that she is responsible.  I can understand choice, that she made 20 years ago. But I think, JH wished she never made it. Still, she couldn't predict future. 

But I can't understand her choice now. Because now she already knows what happen during that 20 years. No one happy now. Why she does she think, that her sacrifice now is what JH need the most?

What I want to say, that she is responsible for her own happiness. JH or her son want her to be happy. They want to see her been happy. More sacrifices she will make, more unhappy they will be. But she still that 20 years old girl, who think, that she don`t deserve to be happy.

• Like 5
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화