Quantcast

@jongski

yes she is ageless...yet they make her much older here ??? and that moron driver calls her ahjumma sorry but why are you fooling

some funny comment on okoala drama site mentioned she looks so different from her save the dance days like another person, of course suggesting plastic surgery ! 

imagine being so blind not to tell natural beauty from fake ...jealousy i guess

unnamed-3.jpg

90955383-149483249878708-6608224647789678099-n.jpg

there she is exactly her baby self 

its like putting lipstick on a pig 

one of my fav lines so far

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep. 10 Recap   We start off with the train scene. - 1995 - JS runs to the hospital, she's drenched in the rain. Instead of the morgue, she heads to the emergency room. But all she se

DCInside post from the Director of When My Love Blooms (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)   Hello, everyone... I'm Son Jung Hyun, the director of "When My Love Blooms".   I would like

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead    Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Sour

The parallel scenes.  I think I got the style of the drama  Most of the adult scenes mirrors in flashback to the younger scenes

There a lot. I'll just post some All twt posts credit to owners as tag with @

Kiss scene

Piano. White dress.  Jisu sadness

Young Jisu after piano recital.. JH brought her in front of the ocean

Adult Jisu  after playing the piano. white dress. They went to the same place.

cr:

First love. Reunited scene

cr:

Shoe scene

cr:

Check the spoilers for more....

Protest scene

Spoiler

cr:

"Follow my footsteps" scene

"Still sweeps with her foot"  scene

Spoiler

Young JH:  follow my footsteps

Adutl JH: Don't lose me. Follow my footsteps

Young JS:  sweeps the snow with her boots

Adult JS does the same.

cr:

Window scene:

Spoiler

Young JH: sleep weel Jisu

Adult JH: goodnight Jisu

cr:

Slap Scene

Spoiler

2nd post

cr:

"Those who always fight but still lose" scene

Spoiler

2nd post

cr:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Just finished episode 4. Whoa, what a beautiful ending!

I see people comparing it with When the Weather is Fine, but I tried getting into it and it didn't give me these cozy vibes that When my love blooms gives me.

Honestly, I feel like the chemistry between both younger and older couples is amazing. It's so tender, so sweet, it's the little moments that make this kdrama special. And oh, the parallels are just beautiful. This kdrama has amazing power to set up romantic scenes - they really feel special, as if you're looking at some photo album of people who truly exist...

Also, I have to take back my impatience with Ji Soo. I feel that she is a nicely developed character now. And extremely depressed. Therefore, she makes a lot of mistakes (which, frankly, are allowed) - not paying attention to her kid, actually engaging with the police during the protest (when she has a kid!), and overall, making one messy step after another But in the episode 4 I didn't feel frustrated at Ji Soo like in the previous episodes. And the final move, kissing a married man, it felt so fitting that she initiated the kiss and not Jae Hyun. It feels like she tries to grasp any event that is happening in her life and turn it into something that's worth it, trying to find hope in completely desperate situations -  such as the protest, or her relationship with Jae Hyun. And it finally felt genuine. The protagonist doesn't need to be perfect to feel real and relatable.

Jae Hyun on the other hand is a bit one-sided still, but seeing how we got such development from Ji Soo, I expect more from him in the future episodes. I understand his affection for Ji Soo. I understand that he is also looking back at those times and thinking he was the happiest back then.
Regarding the plot, maybe it's just me, but I think that the slaps look...dated? like it's something from 2010s kdramas, and looks a bit out of place here. It's as if Ji Soo's ex-mother in law traveled in time :D  And tbh, the ex-husband still sound reasonable - being suspicious of Jae Huyn and questioning Ji Soo's parenting abilities (given she is deeply depressed).

I feel that the kids subplot is very interesting but I would like to see more interactions between all the parents and their children. The dialog between Ji Soo and her son about her being a superhero was touching, can I have more of that? I would also like to see more of Jae Huyn's son interactions with others. For now he is completely one-dimensional.

I liked the theme of nihilism in the past - yes, it gave me a flashback of myself being in uni, and first love, and beliefs that were so strong. Indeed, good times. This kdrama recreates them perfectly! But I find it kind of strange that everyone (especially Ji Soo) is against Jae Hyun for becoming a different man. I think it's only natural that we grow out of some of our ideas. So I don't see him becoming a capitalist as an act of betrayal.

Overall, I like this drama. It makes me feel cozy and warm and nostalgic. And it's so beautiful. Can't wait for more episodes!

• Like 9

Ok after watching ending ep.4, my thoughts,

1. Normally we dont see female lead chasing male lead, and in this case, she chased him, probably for months. Normally, i would say, common girl, forget him... have some self respect, its ok for men to chase women for months but not women? ... in a way, at least its Jae Hyun who is chasing her now...

2. Jisoo is divorced probably becase the husband had an affair, while Jae Hyun may have entered prison, hence his lonely wife have an affair, but, all doesnt seemed well, n it could be earlier marital discord, maybe his son wasnt his biological son? Maybe... more history need to be reveal

3. The real cause of separation between the young couple need explaination

4. Jisoo's kiss to Jae Hyun, like yeah, why not! She is stressed n tired as it is, and an ex-love seemed to chase her too ... heee (oh his wife is mean too... who asked her not to met him when he was out of prison? )

5. Kids, such expensive school n no one knows whats going on there, except JH... haiz

Cant wait for the next episode!:D..

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

i am curious after they kissed, are they finally in affair since both of them still held each other’s memory without being said. I feel like Jaehyun would do anything for JiSoo at this rate :tears:

and in my conclusion after watching episode 1-4 for three days straight on repeat, there’s no turning back for them to redeem themself as ex lover. i hope there’s happy ending for both of them. Both of them suffered enough in this world :tears:

• Like 5

‘When My Love Blooms’ Asks Whether A First Love Can Survive Cynicism

Joan MacDonald Contributor

I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.

960x0.jpg?cropX1=0&cropX2=974&cropY1=17&

Don’t let the title of the drama When My Love Blooms fool you. Yes, this Korean drama is about love, but it’s also about the age when people usually experience a first love. It’s about a time in life when it’s easier to be passionate and idealistic about people and causes.

When the drama’s main characters, Han Jae-hyun and Yoon Ji-soo, first meet they are college students. As an activist, he is ardently involved in reform, and a leader of  student demonstrations. Touched by his kindness, but also inspired by his ideals, the bright, upbeat Ji-soo becomes passionate about everything he stands for. She not only follows him because she wants to date him but she's excited by his zeal, his determination to change the world. The way she pursues him borders on the obsessive and eventually her fervor wears down his resistance, 

When My Love Blooms alternates its storyline between the characters’ college days and the present day, when their lives are far from the ideal they imagined. Jae-hyun and Ji-soo are played by GOT7’s Park Jin-young and actress Jeon Seo-nee when seen as college students. Actors Yoo Ji-tae and Lee Bo-young play the couple in the present day.

Twenty years after they first met, Jae-hyun is a hard-hearted executive at the kind of corporation he used to protest against. Ji-soo is a hard-working divorced mom, caring for a son and her senile father, plus still helping to support protests, including the ones in front of Jae-hyun’s company. 

It’s almost as if they changed places in the world. She’s political and he abandoned his dreams of social reform. However, he has never forgotten her or that hopeful time in their lives and he keeps looking for her. Is she that important to him or is she part of the life he once hoped to lead? 

The lovers meet again at the school their children both attend. In the interim neither has succeeded in finding anyone else to love as much. Ji-soo is divorced, Jae-hyun is unhappily married. What led to their long separation is not immediately obvious, but the lives they now lead may be enough to keep them apart. He has become everything they both despised.

When Jae-hyun finds Ji-soo, he begins to follow her, much the same way she first followed him. Will connecting with his lost first love also revive Jae-hyun’s idealism? Love is complicated and it’s also hard to correct a wrong turn in life. 

The drama summons up ample servings of romantic intensity with picture-postcard camera shots of falling blossoms and drifting snow, a soundtrack rich in violins and piano pieces, but it’s obvious that even in this lush setting, reviving lost love is not going to be easy. 

The talented Lee Bo-young has created a Ji-soo that is both fragile, principled and tenacious, a woman who does not just talk about caring for others, but quietly struggles through it. The actress previously played a distraught mother in the thriller God’s Gift 14 Days and explored the meaning of motherhood in her last TV drama Mother. Yoo was last seen in the drama Different Dreams and the film Money. Park Jin-young most recently appeared in the TV dramas He Is Psychometric and Melting Me Softly, while Jeon Seo-hee appeared in the drama Encounter and the film Ghost Walk.

Source:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/05/07/when-my-love-blooms-asks-whether-a-first-love-can-survive-cynicism/#4a18f9132625

• Like 4

Jeon So Nee And GOT7’s Jinyoung Are College Sweethearts In “When My Love Blooms” Special Poster
TV/FILM

53458d99695f4b90b8784a2714a5fae0.jpeg?s=

by S. Nam
tvN’s weekend drama “When My Love Blooms” released a breathtaking special poster starring GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee!

Spoiler

The drama tells the story of reunited college sweethearts Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who are now living completely different lives as adults. The drama stars Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young as the main characters and Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee as their respective younger counterparts.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Han Jae Hyun (Jinyoung) and Yoon Ji Soo (Jeon So Nee) opened up about their feelings to one another and began dating. After confirming their mutual feelings, they also shared a heart-fluttering kiss.

Amidst growing curiosity about how their romance progressed in the past, the drama released a new poster of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo sitting side by side on the sofa of their club room underneath the warm and dazzling sunlight. Yoon Ji Soo smiles shyly as Han Jae Hyun softly approaches to plant a kiss on her cheek, perfectly capturing the tender emotions of first love.

Jinyoung-Jeon-So-Nee.jpg

Furthermore, the club room has special meaning to both Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo since it is the location where they shared sweet naps during the summer and watched the film “Love Letter” together. Viewers are highly anticipating the couple’s upcoming love story due to the refreshing chemistry between Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee.

“When My Love Blooms” airs on weekends at 9 p.m. KST.

SOOMPI

• Like 5

I don't know if it is so much about love and lovers fate ... or its more about 2 lost cause ppl who have to find themselves... he has lost his dream and thus his values ... and she seems to have became landed in the biggest mess and a failure due to guilt complex and self loathing...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Park Jinyoung as the young Han Jaehyun. Jeon So Nee  the young  Jisu. Nation's first love. 

First Love. First Kiss.

cr@

I know Jinyoung from My Love Eundong. Jeon So Nee, it's first time watching her. They are getting love from viewers as much as  the adult leads. Yes it's a cliche drama but the four leads are good.

cr:@

welll.... 

Young JH and JS love can be describe as patient kind adorable cute sweet loving.  Determined together. 

Adult JH and JS is more misery and wanting and waiting. Determined but not together.....yet.

So we see the difference from past to present. But one thing's for sure. They still have that same feelings.

And if you want to know how romatic this drama is, check the twt post post below

The poem A Joyful Letter by Hwang Dong Gyu.. describes them and their feeligs

cr:@

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So based on today's news on soompi, i think we can guess that the reason why they separated was probably because JS's father was threatening to do something to JH, him being a student activist and all ... hence easier to target him, for his daughter's submission... 

I for one, wants a happy ending for both leads... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

130dd6cee4554cad82403804d4661276.jpeg?s=

GOT7’s Jinyoung And Jeon So Nee Face New Obstacles In “When My Love Blooms”

May 8, 2020
by J. Lim

GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee are in trouble as they face off against Jang Gwang in tvN’s “When My Love Blooms.”

tvN’s weekend drama “When My Love Blooms” tells the story of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who run into each other years later after being each other’s first love. The drama follows their story in both the present and the past. The characters’ past selves are played by Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee while their present selves are taken on by Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The previous episode shocked viewers when Yoon Ji Soo was slapped by her father Yoon Hyung Gu (Jang Gwang) for participating in a student movement. Han Jae Hyun witnessed this and though he was enraged, he could do nothing but watch. Now knowing what went on behind closed doors after thinking that Yoon Ji Soo had lived like a princess with her wealthy family, Han Jae Hyun is set to face Yoon Hyung Gu in the upcoming episode.

The new stills show Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo facing Yoon Hyung Gu together. Han Jae Hyun looks determined and composed, and Yoon Hyung Gu is staring back at him with a sharp gaze.

GOT7-Jinyoung-Jeon-So-Nee-Jang-Gwang.jpg

There seems to be trouble brewing for Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo’s love as words are exchanged between the father and daughter that leaves Yoon Ji Soo staring at her father with resentment. It remains to be seen what kind of offer Yoon Hyung Gu makes to Yoon Ji Soo that gets her thinking, and how it affects her blossoming love with Han Jae Hyun.

The upcoming episode of “When My Love Blooms” is set to air at 9 p.m. KST on May 9. Catch up with the latest episode with English subtitles below!

SOOMPI

• Like 3
  • Love 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399142wpp/when-my-love-blooms-cast-shares-funny-stories-from-filming-describes-how-theyre-similar-to-their-characters-and-more

“When My Love Blooms” Cast Shares Funny Stories From Filming, Describes How They’re Similar To Their Characters, And More

May 8, 2020
by J. K

81CE786D-1E13-4743-A55E-5EC9394EA3F4.png

The cast of “When My Love Blooms” told stories from filming, talked about their characters, and more in an exclusive interview with Rakuten Viki!

The tvN drama tells the story of reunited college sweethearts Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who are now living completely different lives as adults. The drama stars Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young as the main characters and Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee as their respective younger counterparts.

In the interview, the cast members were asked if they had any funny stories from filming. Jeon So Nee said, “We were filming a scene in a hut where Jinyoung was drunk and had to sleep on my shoulder for a long time,” she said. “He said that his jaw hurt because my shoulder was so sharp.” Their co-stars laughed and Jinyoung joked, “I needed physiotherapy after that.”

332E3EB7-03EB-404F-BA4E-7A7F175A6F9E.jpg

Jeon So Nee went on to tell another story about when she was filming a tight shot. “Jinyoung said he was going to help me focus and he came up towards me hanging on the camera,” she said, sharing that it had made her laugh a lot.

Jinyoung then said that he had something he felt sorry about, explaining that Lee Bo Young had made them a lot of delicious food but he’d been too busy to express his thanks. “Although it’s late, thank you for the food!” he said. Jeon So Nee raised her hand and said, “I did say thank you!”

Lee Bo Young laughed and turned to Yoo Ji Tae and asked, “What’s up with them?” Jinyoung also shared that Yoo Ji Tae had given them vitamins to help boost their immune system.

23122A2C-F73A-440F-ABE6-2D4A4CC340FF.jpg

Spoiler

A00B65DE-A17A-4870-96DA-44AF479114C2.jpg

On the other hand, Lee Bo Young and Yoo Ji Tae explained that their scenes were more serious and gloomy so the atmosphere on set hadn’t lent itself to similar funny anecdotes.

The actors were asked to describe the drama in five syllables in Korean, and Jeon So Nee hesitated, saying she’s not good at that. Lee Bo Young suggested she say, “Jeon So Nee is acting in it,” which made her laugh.

On the topic of how they’re similar to their characters, Jinyoung said, “I’m usually mischievous, but when I’m serious, I’m really serious. Jae Hyun is very serious, so I think I’m like him in that way.”

Jeon So Nee shared that she’s like her character in that they’re both honest with themselves. “We admit what we don’t know,” she said. “We don’t pretend like we know something if we don’t. I think, ‘It’s okay if you didn’t know, you just need to know it now.’ I keep an open mind, and I’m very curious and interested in my surroundings. I’m also influenced a lot by the people around me. I think we’re similar in that way.”

The cast lastly gave a shout out to Viki viewers! They said, “Viki fans, please love our drama ‘When My Love Blooms’!”

Spoiler

3A1D2AE2-C5D1-4C5A-878E-7A1BF2673DA1.jpg

Watch the interview below!

WATCH NOW

And check out the latest episode of “When My Love Blooms” on Viki here!

WATCH NOW

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Has anyone read this article?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/a-contract-romance-you-your-drama-and-the-suspension-of-disbelief/

(exceprt)

Here’s an example of how that played out for me recently in a scene from When My Love Blooms (it’s a bit long, so buckle up). Our hero is reminiscing on a romantic and treasured memory where he protected his girl from an onslaught of falling books. My brain’s first thought: the chances of a bookshelf in a bookstore collapsing and falling all over the place are pretty slim, but this is a beautiful moment, so I shall momentarily accept that this occurred.

Disbelief_6.jpg

Later, when we revisit the scene, we learn that the heroine, though protected, got a fingertip slammed by one of those books. This resulted in a unique scar on her fingernail. My brain’s next thought? No, that’s not how it works. I’ve injured a fingernail many a time, and seen others do it as well, and what happens is not a pretty little bruise on your nail bed. No, says my brain. You either kill the nail right at the root and it turns black and falls off, eventually growing back, or your nail has a minor mark/injury that grows out in a matter of weeks, since that is what nails do. And just like that, what I’ve witnessed in this scene is rejected by my brain.

Do you see what just happened, though? My rational (okay, semi-rational) brain just took all the beauty and romance (in the capital R sense of romance) in this scene and effectively killed it. Instead, I’m left with a story I don’t trust, and an extremely cynical taste in my mouth. Why did I bother?

Disbelief_8A.jpg Disbelief_8B.jpg

This was just one rather minute example, but if you think back to any drama you’ve watched, I’m sure you can come up with a similar situation. It doesn’t have to be a construct for a recognition scene like this nail bruise was (our hero recognizing the masked pianist by that very scar). Instead, it can be a broader part of the story — like the alarming frequency of head/brain injuries in a drama like Chocolate, for instance. In this drama our hero was, of course, a neurosurgeon, so these injuries had to exist around him as a part of his world.

But while these “unbelievable” elements might be implausible, they’re also carefully chosen and built for their stories. Why are we so intent on calling them out, as if we’ll get some sort of prize for being smarter than the story? Maybe what we’re really doing is just killing the magic.

That’s why I like the idea of having poetic faith. And exercising that faith towards the story. Rather than huffing and puffing my way through a drama, I like to remind myself that the story was built that way for a reason: it’s telling a story. That bruise is on a pianist’s fingernail because it enables our hero to recognize his long lost love by her scars — and what a beautiful moment, and metaphor, is that?

Why ruin that moment — and so many others like it — by demanding stories to be just like real life? That’s never been the intention of storytelling. Instead, stories take experiences that we can all relate to, and distill them into something complete, with a beginning, a middle, and an end. If I wanted a drama that was just like everyday life — well, I wouldn’t, because that’s not the purpose.

Perhaps my conclusion is this: yes, dramas sometimes ask us to accept crazy things. But mostly, what they’re really asking is for us to enjoy them. Believe in them when they’re unbelievable. Soak up the serendipity and interconnectedness. Hop on that magic carpet.

That contract between you and the story that we talked about at the opening of this piece — what if that contract was actually a contract romance between you and the story? What if the story was trying to win your heart the whole time, just because? And you know what happens at the end of every contract romance story as well as I do. You fall in love despite yourself, despite the obstacles — and most importantly in this case, despite any flaws in fact or logic.

--

Ha ha, hilarious, and a good point! An injury underneath your nail would usually grow out, so it's pretty hard to believe that Ji-Su still has a scar from the bookstore 20+ years later. (Also, I did LOL when the books fell, and Jae-Hyeon woke up right at that moment to rescue her. Ah, a classic K-drama trope.)

As I wrote before, if you nitpick, there will be so many scenes that are just a little too silly, BUT I still LOVE IT ALL.

I'm willing to suspend belief in order to let myself get carried away.

Even though I still can't believe that Seo-Gyeong would deliberately humiliate Ji-Su and demand that Jae-Hyeon be there to see it *after* she found out that Ji-Su is a Candy and that Jae-Hyeon has a weakness for the weak - despite the fact that that is completely incongruous with his reputation as a ruthless corporate blowhard towards laborers...

But I still love it. Can't wait until tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I love this drama @chickfactor .. agree with you and the article.....it’s definitely easier to suspend belief & give time for the writer to tell his/ her story. I particularly enjoy dramas where the protagonists are flawed & are conflicted .  Weave in some well used tropes & throw in some romantic cinematography to sugar coat the makjang plot , and it becomes a very enjoyable watch . :D

Can’t wait for tonight. 

I think both JH & JS are at possibly the lowest points in their lives . Even in JH’s case he doesn’t exactly own what he supposedly has. The younger version of the OTP represents a time where you’re hopeful &  it feels like you can overcome all the hurdles in front of you . Your dreams & ideals fuel your passion;  you aren’t afraid & you have nothing lose . But live long enough you may become like the older JH & JS - you become cynical and weary .  You’re afraid of losing  because you have  things or people  you need to protect . You look back & see all the choices you have made and wonder why life can’t give you a break . That kiss JS gave JH felt like a moment where she badly needed to go back to a time where she felt the happiest and he had  the most courage . Sure it was wrong especially given JH’s marital status , but as a viewer who buys their love story it also felt right . I can’t explain it . 

From a storytelling perspective, I suppose it just added an interesting layer to the plot. After all won’t it be terribly boring to have another 12 episodes of them just staring & longing from afar :P:lol:?   Yeah , give me the drama & the angst!!!

Edited by Guest

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399238wpp/emotions-deepen-in-both-the-past-and-present-in-when-my-love-blooms

Emotions Deepen In Both The Past And Present In “When My Love Blooms”

May 9, 2020
by J. Lim

461ABD9F-0797-4811-8E52-B2B7A1E1D671.png

tvN’s weekend drama “When My Love Blooms” has shared new stills of emotions deepening between the main characters in both the past and present.

“When My Love Blooms” tells the story of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, who were each other’s first love and then meet up again later on in life. Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young play the characters in the present while GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee play the characters in the past.

The new stills show Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo meeting up in the present, an odd current of energy flowing between them as they feel conflicted between the beautiful memories and love they once shared and the wall of reality that separates them. They each have a different expression on their faces as they gaze at each other.

They are not alone however as Yoon Ji Soo’s ex-husband Lee Se Hoon (played by Kim Young Hoon) watches the pair from his car. His cold expression reflects the danger he will put the pair in with his antagonistic attitude.

Spoiler

8CBE9549-32F6-4CA3-8F90-D9A71D37B90E.jpg

94D2D759-F522-412E-87B1-A39FD753CC8B.jpg

A798B265-C7A6-4005-AAE7-6B1D754F47FB.jpg

22D8C272-C0D5-4D93-B6D5-15F01DF80A31.jpg

Meanwhile, Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo’s past storyline continues as emotions deepen between them. The new stills show the warmth that is in their eyes as they enjoy being in each other’s presence. The pair also share a kiss in a telephone on a rainy night.

Spoiler

05269A02-F690-4AC4-B40A-D3F0C982A34F.jpg

C3E7B487-0AF4-4EB9-9568-EE05A2AEB5AB.jpg

FFE35610-EC96-4AD5-A0E2-EE183ADDC518.jpg

75D54944-87F8-4D8C-90F8-33E6768EC431.jpg

Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo’s deepening love stories in both the past and present will continue with the upcoming episode of “When My Love Blooms,” which will air at 9 p.m. KST on May 9.

Catch up with the latest episode below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1) (2)

———

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398310wpp/4-things-we-loved-1-thing-we-hated-about-episodes-3-4-of-when-my-love-blooms

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 3 & 4 Of “When My Love Blooms”

May 9, 2020
by kaityv

615AD718-EA02-4F12-B354-1606A2EFA69E.png

The latest episodes of “When My Love Blooms” made us cry, laugh, swoon, and ball our fists up. Though so many exhilarating K-dramas are coming to an end, this drama is just getting started. Here’s a look at the things we loved and hated about the new episodes.

Warning: Spoilers for the episodes ahead. 

1. LOVED: Ji Soo’s talk with Young Min

Mother and son relationships usually go one of two ways in K-dramas: heartwarming or heart-shattering. Fortunately, Ji Soo (Lee Bo Young) is totally laying the groundwork for being one of the best K-drama moms. In the third episode, Young Min (Ko Woo Rim) comes home for the weekend and Ji Soo welcomes him with a buffet of food at home. While it should be a celebration, things grow a little somber as the pair has a heart-to-heart.

It’s refreshing to see Ji Soo assuring Young Min that she not only believes he had a reason for the fight in school but also that he should behave like a kid.  All too often, kids in K-dramas have to grow up too fast and become hardened by life with little support from their parents. Ji Soo sets a great example of what every parent should be for their children and it makes you root for her to keep Young Min in her custody.

2. LOVED: Ji Soo calling out Jae Hyun

There’s something romantic about someone’s first love coming back into their life to remind them who they really are. “When My Love Blooms” does not disappoint with this in the emotionally charged confrontation between Ji Soo and Jae Hyun (Yoo Ji Tae) where they discuss what will happen to the protestors. Ji Soo is quick to remind him of what he said when they were younger about being on the losing team and ultimately refuses his offer.

The way the scene switches between the past and present strengthens the emotions between the characters. In fact, the past scenes in the episodes reaffirm how deeply their bond runs. They spent their time protecting and supporting one another from the burdens of life. As a viewer, you can’t help but feel Ji Soo’s frustration after discovering that someone she looked up to and cherished has become such a sellout.

3. LOVED: Jae Hyun deciding to begin making different choices

While it was daunting to start the drama off last week watching Jae Hyun make awful choices than his younger counterpart, this week’s episodes seem to assure that we will be seeing some change. After watching his father-in-law go over his head and have the police raid the protestors, Jae Hyun announces to his wife, Jang Seo Kyung (Park Si Yeon), that he will be making different decisions to become happy. Jae Hyun assures her this is due to his beliefs, but she dismisses him and admits she has her eye on Ji Soo.

Although Jae Hyun still makes a lot of questionable decisions, it’s refreshing to see that his development is slowly being built up in each episode. It shows that this kind of change is a slow and difficult process that can’t be fixed overnight.

4. LOVED: Ji Soo absolutely owning Jang Seo Kyung

When there’s a rich and petty heiress wife involved in a K-drama, there’s almost always a scene where they absolutely humiliate the protagonist to boost their fragile ego. “When My Love Blooms” spares its viewers from this trope as Jang Seo Kyung’s plan to humiliate Ji Soo in public fails.

After discovering that Ji Soo is the pianist at the lounge her husband frequents, Seo Kyung throws her bait in the form of a party. Ji Soo takes the job, unbeknownst of who is hosting it, and is told to wear a pristine white designer dress, which Seo Kyung has her friend accidentally spill wine on. However, instead of following Seo Kyung’s order to keep playing without her mask, Ji Soo refuses.

5. HATED: Jang Seo Kyung’s stereotypical behavior

It was clear from the premiere episodes that Jang Seo Kyung would be a pain in the audience’s neck since she seems like your typical insecure and malicious wife that the male lead doesn’t really love. In the latest episodes, she’s absolutely incorrigible as she relentlessly keeps targeting Ji Soo out of jealousy.

Her cunning and controlling personality is just plain annoying. While she’s sure to be a formidable villain, it would’ve been more intriguing to see a character that is actually fleshed out and not a walking stereotype. When it comes to love triangles, they usually fail when the viewer is not torn between the possible love interests. In this case, there’s one contender, Ji Soo, who is the clear choice. Seo Kyung’s only purpose is to be the antagonistic third point of the love triangle. Since her behavior is escalating so early on, it feels like it’s definitely going to get repetitive as the drama continues.

Catch this week’s episodes below: 

WATCH NOW

————

OSEN | 2020. 05. 09. 6:47 AM

"When My Love Blooms" Park Jinyoung (GOT7) and Jeon So Nee's sweet kiss

1DEAE504-0EF1-41C7-BF40-0DAEC16110AB.jpg

The drama "When My Love Blooms" published beautiful and sparkling images of Park Jinyoung (GOT7) and Jeon So Nee.

Episode 5 of the Sat-Sun TV series "When My Love Blooms" (tvN/ Scriptwriter: Jeon Hee Young/ Director: Son Jung Hyun/ Producers: Bon Factory, Studio Dragon) aired on May 9 will bring a romantic atmosphere that "dye" the small screen in pink when revealing the scene of Park Jinyoung (as young Jae Hyun) and Jeon So Nee (as young Ji Soo) once again affirming the love for each other through a heart-fluttering kiss.

In the previous episode, when meeting again in the present, Han Jae Hyun (played by Yoo Ji Tae) and Yoon Ji Soo (played by Lee Bo Young) expressed their longing for each other through a dolorous kiss. Even after a long time of separation, their affection for each other was still clearly demonstrated, thereby making viewers curious about the reason they broke up in the past.

In the midst of that, "When My Love Blooms" revealed the image of Jae Hyun (played by Park Jinyoung) and Ji Soo (played by Jeon So Nee) together experiencing happy time in the past, promising to evoke fluttering and heartbreaking emotions. The photo series captures the look of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo giving affectionate gazes at each other, making warm and heart-fluttering memories of the first love bloom in viewers' hearts.

Besides, Yoon Ji Soo implied that she would continue the relationship in the future when telling Han Jae Hyun, "There are those who will eventually meet again no matter what." The image of the two's cautious kiss in the public phone booth at a rainy night has made viewers feel their deeper love and focus attention on what is waiting for the couple ahead.

Therefore, the audience is eagerly looking forward to the official broadcast to see if the sincere feelings of Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo can overcome the past to touch each other's heart at the present and how the love story imbued with gloomy colors will evolve in the future.

The audience can see emotions like an artwork created by the actor couple of Yoo Ji Tae - Lee Bo Young and Park Jinyoung - Jeon So Nee in episode 5 of "When My Love Blooms" broadcast today (May 9).

OSEN = Reporter Park So Young comet568@osen.co.kr
Photo = tvN
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 6

I cannot tell from the IG cuts if they continued with the kiss btwn the older pair last week. From what I can tell , the drama just showed the younger pair enjoying themselves in the beach...

1. In present time , he dropped her off...i don't think they are going to pursue anything . She did not want him to worry about her  , but he does not want her to avoid him ( if I understand correctly)

2.  So JS was in the hospital visiting her dad...she remembers what happened after that 1st beach kiss 20 years ago. He took her home  she didn't want to go in or did not want him to go in with her. But young JH insisted and they knelt in front of JS's dad. JH was really brave them and stood up for JS and wants the old man to treat JS better...

3. JS dad on the surface did not throw a fit ...and just walked off after that. JS felt relieved at first , thinking her dad accepts JH...but later in the evening she overhears her dad on the phone wanting someone to check on JH and I think to get him into trouble ( I believe this could be why JS had to leave JH)

4. Back in the present , JS met up with the bestie bar owner...sigh poor guy, friendzoned for life . But at least she has him as a friend . I think she tells him she's not playing anymore in the hotel...though I don't think he knows the real reason why.

5. Hmmmm JH's wife asked to meet up with JS , and I hear her bring up Young Min again. Errr , I am not sure if she's letting that slide ...but I think she's being rather sneaky here and will continue to keep tabs on JS.

6. We get a lot of sweet flashbacks of the younger pair as their romance bloom while he continues his activist work. There was one scene where she ended up watching a movie alone and she was going to leave the cinema . It was a rainy day and he came to see her . long story short it led to a very sweet phone booth kiss. There were many more sweet moments

7. So there was a scene in the present when Young Min was with his dad. The dad saw his letter to JS , and questioned him about it and also about his grades. Think the father finds out about the bully issue

8. The IG cuts don't reveal much about the development of the OTP in the present..but towards the end, JH came by to see JS ...he told her he missed her..they were downstairs at her apartment. The ex hubs had come by and saw them from his car. He remembered JH from the hospital. He took some photos and realised he may have seen JH somewhere and did a search on who JH is.

in the preview , I think  we will see a lot of how cracks developed in their relationship in the past...JH gets caught for something ( possibly due to JS's dad). In the present , it was rather quick but it seems that JS's ex will meet up with JH's wife and she checks on JH's car camera. maybe finding out that JS and JH were together. 

@triplem, I guess now that the ex-possessive husband enters the picture now things will get crazy. I do believe the fact that he and Ji Soo are divorced doesn’t bother him because Young Min is his leverage. On the other hand, Young Min seem to be on his mother’s side since he’s fearful of his dad taking him away. Poor kid. He probably lives anxiously considering these things.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@triplem, I guess now that the ex-possessive husband enters the picture now things will get crazy. I do believe the fact that he and Ji Soo are divorced doesn’t bother him because Young Min is his leverage. On the other hand, Young Min seem to be on his mother’s side since he’s fearful of his dad taking him away. Poor kid. He probably lives anxiously considering these things.

I do feel terrible for Young Min . He's shouldering too much  wanting to protect his mum. He is really just a kid after all , and I wish that the father does not use him that way. But it is clear that the dad/ the ex is not over JS and in my mind I don't think he's ultimately trying to take custody back from JS. In fact I think he keeps using YM as an excuse to be still part of JS's life. I am keen to find out what happened to them , why JS left . 

Edited by Guest
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화