[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

i've not watched ep8 but from the 2 pages of comments here, i'm hoping they keep the main characters in the same timeline/dimensions instead of bringing in more Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi and complicating the plot.

if everyone keeps time travelling to another timeline/dimension to prevent something from happening, then it becomes pointless for the people living their lives to the fullest in the present anymore. at this point, i'm being reminded of Nine Times Travel which was a simpler time travel kdrama plot solely on butterfly effect.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 8 ..... and then the wheels started falling off the train ....

Detective Ko kills JG? Really? After serving as his step father for how many years, he ends up killing him?  Sorry, this is gonna need a REAL good explanation, and NO, citing his own son that died earlier and some time travel scheme to bring him back won't explain JGs murder satisfactorily. 

I'd also like to know how Tae Yi time traveled while falling off a building but I guess we'll get that explanation in due time.

I get the feeling Tae Yi will seek out JGs killer (see preview) and while doing so, she'll piece together that she is/was his mother (and he's been protecting her as the dutiful son ever since) and that + the desire to save him will provide the impetus to solve the equations for time travel after which she returns to save him

BTW if Do Yeon and JG don't end up together, we've been robbed - BIG TIME (get her a card and take her into the future=happily ever after. They can come back to visit the in-laws on the weekends)

Soon, somebody is gonna figure out that rather than chasing the book of prophecy, it might just be easier to stop it from being written ....  just saying

Its going to be a long week ... waiting

P.S. - why do they blurr out knives but show guns clearly???

LCO

18 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

LCO

The Korean Standards Communications Commission censors...

1. Graphic depiction of beheading, strangulation or dismemberment.
2. Direct depiction of the moment of suicide, or depiction that implies the method of suicide
3. Graphic depiction of killing or maiming with firearms, knives or other tools
4. Depiction of mangled corpse or body parts
5. Graphic depiction of killing of an animal
6. Other depictions that are similar to the above

43 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Episode 8 ..... and then the wheels started falling off the train ....

Detective Ko kills JG? Really? After serving as his step father for how many years, he ends up killing him?  Sorry, this is gonna need a REAL good explanation, and NO, citing his own son that died earlier and some time travel scheme to bring him back won't explain JGs murder satisfactorily. 

I'd also like to know how Tae Yi time traveled while falling off a building but I guess we'll get that explanation in due time.

I get the feeling Tae Yi will seek out JGs killer (see preview) and while doing so, she'll piece together that she is/was his mother (and he's been protecting her as the dutiful son ever since) and that + the desire to save him will provide the impetus to solve the equations for time travel after which she returns to save him

BTW if Do Yeon and JG don't end up together, we've been robbed - BIG TIME (get her a card and take her into the future=happily ever after. They can come back to visit the in-laws on the weekends)

Soon, somebody is gonna figure out that rather than chasing the book of prophecy, it might just be easier to stop it from being written ....  just saying

Its going to be a long week ... waiting

LCO

Perhaps by reading the book of prophecy Detective Ko realizes that JG will put an end to time travel. While people are seeking out Tae Yi and the other researchers to kill them, they don’t know that the book prophesies its JG that will stop time travel although I don’t exactly know how. However, JG’s mom did tell Seol Oh Wan that student Tae Yi would be able to help him so she’s definitely part of the equation too. 

I would like to know how Tae Yi and the assassin guy went from the house to the top of a high commercial building. However, I know at the end of episodes some scenes are not shown in order to build suspense and the scenes are added at the beginning of the subsequent episode. I don’t see why the assassin didn’t attempt to kill her in the house but instead teleport or traveled to that building.

Tae Yi apparently time traveled because she had the time card in her hand much like with JG’s hit and run accident. However, where did that time card come from? Min Hyuk took both time cards from them. I know Tae Yi had the program but there’s no sign she made one. Only unless a missing scene will explain where the time card came from. It also looks like the time cards that Alice uses. The other time travelers’ time cards look a bit different to Alice’s timecard. Then again, maybe it’s my imagination that they look different. 

In the preview it looks like Tae Yi does see a picture of JG and his mom at his memorial. I think it’s his memorial in 2021 because it had his birth date and death date. She probably goes to see Seol Oh Wan in that time because in the preview SOW tells someone that the person who killed JG is the same person who killed his mother. I think that by the time Tae Yi returns to 2020 she will understand that she does look like the spitting image of his mother. Of course very few people knows he mother is actually Yoon Tae Yi. Not even Alice seem to know this because his mother changed her name identification. 

I think it’s hopeless for JG and DY right now but I sure do like DY a lot. I have to believe there’s a reason her character exists so I’m holding out hope that she will find her happiness in the end.

@sadthe1st,

I really enjoyed Nine Nine Time Travels. I liked how mind blowing it was that every time the main character changed something in the past, both good and bad things resulted. To me it was a powerful message on why it’s taboo to mess with the past. I thought his death in the past was a memorable, heartbreaking scene especially when his girlfriend as a little girl saw him die in the past and her future self realizes a few minutes later (after her memories update) that she saw him die as a little girl and she suddenly realized he died in the past while time traveling...oh. my. gosh...what a heart break that was.

41 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

they don’t know that the book prophesies its JG that will stop time travel although I don’t exactly know how. However, JG’s mom did tell Seol Oh Wan that student Tae Yi would be able to help him so she’s definitely part of the equation too. 

Which begs the question - Who wrote the book?  Its looking more and more likely that either JG or Tae Yi did.  Professor = Teacher quite nicely even if its a bit simplistic.  Perhaps thats what Tae Yi originally intended, go back to 1992 and then essentially closing the time door behind her protecting her son and herself.  Perhaps it will turn out that JGs unwillingness to avoid the younger Tae Yi as his dying mother told him to do, is what has caused the disruptive ripples on the temporal pond so to speak.

49 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I would like to know how Tae Yi and the assassin guy went from the house to the top of a high commercial building. However, I know at the end of episodes some scenes are not shown in order to build suspense and the scenes are added at the beginning of the subsequent episode. I don’t see why the assassin didn’t attempt to kill her in the house but instead teleport or traveled to that building.

I would guess the shadowy powers that be now know the police in 2020 are onto them, another murder gets investigated where a suicide from a building might not ....

52 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Tae Yi apparently time traveled because she had the time card in her hand much like with JG’s hit and run accident.

She did? I thought she simply found (was given by a passerby) the card that JG shot out of the assassins hand  .... or perhaps someone from ALICE pulled her out, or someone from the Teacher pulled her out .... somewhere there has to be a facility like ALICE where these others are traveling from.

56 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Of course very few people knows he mother is actually Yoon Tae Yi. Not even Alice seem to know this because his mother changed her name identification. 

True - but it looks like Min-Hyuk is just a moment away from finding out, after which it maybe him that saves JG when he discovers he is Tae Yi/his son.  

59 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I think it’s hopeless for JG and DY right now but I sure do like DY a lot. I have to believe there’s a reason her character exists so I’m holding out hope that she will find her happiness in the end.

Unfortunately I'm forced to agree. If the eventual end of the drama is to stop time travel before it starts then we're in for major heartache as DY will never know JG, and you just know that'll be the big tug on the heartstrings as a JG that remembers, passes by a DY that doesn't.  

:headbang:

Damn! I hope they don't do that - DY is such a great character - she is 110% all into JG, they deserve a happy ending.

We'll see ...

I dont think there will be another JG.

I think if this is 2021 Where Tae Yi time jump too  

She can collect the information about the murder and then travel back to 2020 to inform JG and save him from his death. 

This time around she need to be active to save someone she care about. 

I dont think there will be another JG 

Why? Because this JG is built different. He was the psycho product that already open his heart and feeling a bit and now actually care about others feeling. 

If we got another jg then we goy another psycho with no feeling just like before her mother death

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

However, where did that time card come from?

it's the future Ju Hae Min's timecard. apparently the 2020 guy managed to crack some code formula to a theory (Tae Yi was using Jin Gyeom's computer and shouted for him). he is the same person with suspect profile removed by Detective Ko. not sure if the 2020 Ju Hae Min was killed by his future or Detective Ko.

apparently the time card when not time travel as intended, will get scorched with a burnt mark. i'm curious how Tae Yi (2020) will manage to return to 2020 in the next episode. but definitely, the priority later on from ep9 onwards will be Tae Yi preventing the death of Jin Gyeom and him protecting Tae Yi, perhaps with the help of Min Hyuk. hopefully Director Seo will play a critical part as well.

surprisingly, i wasn't so engaged with the loveline of Do Yeon and Jin Gyeom. i'm watching this more of a sci-fic thriller than a sci-fic romance.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

oh. my. gosh...what a heart break that was.

Spoiler

the good thing about Nine Times Travel was that, going back to the past was restricted by the number of incense sticks he had lol now we have plenty of time cards and people opening wormholes and creating negative energies 

:wut:

I think it's 2020 Tae Yi who's with Jin Gyeom in the picture frame not the mother. Tae Yi might have visited his grave in 2021 to confirm that he really died. If it happened in Oct 2020 then they only have less than a month before Jin Gyeom's "death" happens (that is if the drama follows the same date like ours).

59 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I dont think there will be another JG.

I think if this is 2021 Where Tae Yi time jump too  

She can collect the information about the murder and then travel back to 2020 to inform JG and save him from his death. 

This time around she need to be active to save someone she care about. 

I dont think there will be another JG 

Why? Because this JG is built different. He was the psycho product that already open his heart and feeling a bit and now actually care about others feeling. 

If we got another jg then we goy another psycho with no feeling just like before her mother death

The only reason JG had a low EQ is because his mother time traveled while pregnant. If another Tae Yi realized she was pregnant before she time traveled, then she will have a JG that does not have that issue. Or if time travel is really ended sometime in the future, another JG could be born in a timeline where he was never exposed to radiation. Of course he can only exists again if a Tae Yi and Min Hyuk gets together. 

26 minutes ago, Milady Himedere said:

I think it's 2020 Tae Yi who's with Jin Gyeom in the picture frame not the mother. Tae Yi might have visited his grave in 2021 to confirm that he really died. If it happened in Oct 2020 then they only have less than a month before Jin Gyeom's "death" happens (that is if the drama follows the same date like ours).

Yes, I just realized the picture from the preview is JG and the Professor. However, if after talking to SOW, Tae Yi decides to visit the mother’s grave/memorial, Tae Yi would see the photo of JG’s mom. Either way she should find out soon that she really does look like his mother.

@sadthe1st, the timecard explanation makes sense. I just wonder how Tae Yi managed to catch the card after it was shot out of the guy’s hand. Regarding romance, I don’t think it was necessary in this type of story but I do dislike when writers use female characters in this way when they never intended to actually do romance. Like DY didn’t have to like JG. She could have had a boyfriend and be a resourceful, ambitious reporter. However, clearly they made her fall for JG when really it’s just a waste. 

So I guess we can conclude that JG dresses in his high school uniform saw Oh Si Young. Was it at his mother’s funeral? I guess next episode will shed light on this revelation.

58 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I just wonder how Tae Yi managed to catch the card after it was shot out of the guy’s hand.

i'm guessing that when the illegal wormhole was created when both future Ju Hae Min and Tae Yi fell off the building, Tae Yi fell in with the time card... Ju Hae Min didn't fall into that wormhole that could explain why he fell to his death instead.

58 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Like DY didn’t have to like JG. She could have had a boyfriend and be a resourceful, ambitious reporter. However, clearly they made her fall for JG when really it’s just a waste. 

she was attracted to him after he fought the school bullies in the toilet for the handphone which revealed the truth to the girl who died from suicide (Do Yeon's friend). again, i'm guessing it has to be at least a one-sided relationship for Do Yeon to go all the way out in her best effort to help provide Jin Gyeom with the resources she can get from journalism industry. (DY-JG shippers, don't bash me pls haha)

Detective Ko is one tough cookie to crack... he gave hints that he wanted to settle this case and then go on a vacation with his wife. is he expecting something to happen very soon (foreseeing him killing Jin Gyeom).

the Book of Prophesy is just a book.. why isn't everyone who has in contact with it spend a few hours and finish reading the whole thing?? (it's not even pages full of words) i remembered seeing the last page before the ripped ones showed spiral stairway that's linked... i wonder what is that going to mean.

Alice: Episode 6

by selena

ALICE06-00353.jpg

As our professor gets closer to figuring out the mechanics behind the Time Card, things become more dangerous for all those involved. An old case is dug up but it brings more questions than answers – answers that can only be provided by a suspect that our hero has been seeing a lot of lately.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

ALICE06-00011.jpgALICE06-00010.jpg

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Jin-gyum asks Se-hoon about the Book of Prophecy. The prisoner drawls that it’s the end of time travel, but admits that he doesn’t know more than that since Teacher told him not to peek inside.

Jin-gyum learns that his mother visited Se-hoon in 2010 to ask about Teacher’s identity. Se-hoon told her that she wouldn’t be able to find them anyway, since Teacher’s age and gender are unknown. Tae-yi was searching for Teacher because of Jin-gyum.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/alice-episode-6/

5 hours ago, Milady Himedere said:

I think it's 2020 Tae Yi who's with Jin Gyeom in the picture frame not the mother. Tae Yi might have visited his grave in 2021 to confirm that he really died. 

You know, I think you are right. I also think she visits his old house in 2021 but we can assume this future is another timeline? Is there another Tae Yi running around?  If second Tae Yi goes back in to her present and stops the murder of Jin Gyeom, that doesn't change this timeline. The Tae Yi that exists in 2021 will still be grieving for JG's death.

PS. I hope the next episode shows 2021 DY

I haven't read recent comments or watched the latest episode because the ick factor of them seeming to go toward a love line with his mommy is making me hurl lol. I know I may be silly but yuck. I peeked at one comment and I got the impression that issue will be scraped so I'm gonna steel myself and give it a go. But if it continues with the flirty crap I'm quitting this show.

1 hour ago, GingerK said:

I haven't read recent comments or watched the latest episode because the ick factor of them seeming to go toward a love line with his mommy is making me hurl lol. I know I may be silly but yuck. I peeked at one comment and I got the impression that issue will be scraped so I'm gonna steel myself and give it a go. But if it continues with the flirty crap I'm quitting this show.

We dont even know whether she is his mom or not. 

Atleast not confirmed yet but i think we will know by next week.

Btw 2021 timeline is just like 2010 timeline guys back at what JG used to do to solve things that happen in 2010. 

Tae yi will also collect facts about how JG dead and prevent him to get killed in 2020 thats why in preview JG ask TY is something happen while she time travel. From JG reaction after the fall. He knew for sure that TY is time travelling because it is just the same scenario as how he can time travel back then. 

Also dont ask too much 2021 timeline will be a short Tae yi focused investigation one. And if u guys wonder What DY doing? My biggesy bet she will do everything she can to bring justice for JG killer and she will try to catch the cluprit aswell just like the police. 

This could easily be the weakest episode or the episode with the least information provided or events happening and suddenly we get Jin Gyeom's death prediction BOOM. That is some smart work by the writers in my opinion. Jin Gyeom dies in October 2020, now we sort of know the end, we know that Seok Oh Won has been trying to stop the events of the book for 10 years and has been failing in that, I wonder if Prof Tae Yi will be the one to be able to do that? Was it because she would be the one to save Jin Gyeom who would continue to stop the time traveling? 

Let us see what the book of prophecy actually has got. It has got the future events, which Seok Oh Won has been trying to stop for like 10 years. Reason he is doing that could be that Tae Yi must have told him that if you want to stop the time traveling, they sort of also need to stop those events from happening while doing their research. Now if the only event they would be stop is saving Jin Gyeom, then I think we'll be getting to see time traveling ending. What if they only need to save Jin Gyeom? The last page of the book is with Tae Yi, the page of the book had painting of what could be a sword, but it could be a knife by which Jin Gyeom was stabbed. So chances are, Tae Yi will the one to stop that event from happening, because she has the last page of book. 

Now coming slightly back to the episode, it was sort of a filler, but it was fine. To me it felt like the calm before the storm sort of episode. All laughing, all enjoying and suddenly the next day or a couple of days later things happened and now everyone will be nervous. Tae Yi as many said will also be now protective of Jin Gyeom. I wonder if Seok Oh Won is telling the truth about Jin Gyeom's murderer being the same as his mom's one. If that's the case, then we really need to see into the agenda Detective Ko has got. Why is he after the book? Did he kill Tae Yi for the same reason? This episode has left me with the most questions than any other episode left me with. 

As for Do Yeon, I really hope she is there for a reason and not just the comic reliefs. I have been saying this from the start that we will not be seeing romance here, no JG-TY and no JG-DY, so I am not expecting anything like that to happen. But I actually liked was Jin Gyeom explaining Do Yeon that nothing really was happening which she was thinking. He is aware of her feelings toward him and is considerate about that. Now are we really going toward JIn Gyeom - Tae Yi one, this is also something I don't see happening. Maybe Tae Yi has got feelings for her and has a crush on him, but not Jin Gyeom. To me it feels like he is doing things for her which he could not do for him mom. His song during their karaoke also gave me the vibes that he was singing that song thinking about his mom and not anyone else. Got to see what happens in the coming episodes. 

What we can expect from the next episodes is something I want to write too. We already saw Tae Yi time traveling, getting the shocking news of Jin Gyeom's death. We see Jin Gyeom confronting Oh Si Young, maybe he'll get some info from her. Also to me it seems like Oh Si Young told Min Hyuk about her death because which we see him visiting her grave. Want to see how Seok O Won will run away and how he will influence the story and help the leads. I am still not convinced with him being the nice guy, could be because he is played by Choi Won Young :joy:.

Detective Ko if he is the teacher, would be interesting to see how he was commanding everyone while being a detective. If not, will be interesting to see why he is doing it, is it because of his son being the price for him bringing the book? Would be interesting to see why he took Jin Gyeom in if he had killed Tae Yi too. 

Now coming to how Tae Yi time traveled. I have no idea. If it is because of the card, then it was the killer who pressed the card and when he was shot, the card being in his right hand (Tae Yi was on his left), we can see the card falling down away from him towards the right side. So I don't think it happens because of the card being with Tae Yi, which makes me wonder how she got the card even if she ended up time traveling by falling into the wormhole which the killer could as he could have missed the wormhole while falling down a bit away from it. I think this could a minute plot hole, which we can ignore. Let's just assume that time card ended up with Tae Yi. Or most probably we'll be getting some reason for it for which I am hopeful. 

Right now I am more worried about Detetctive Kim Dong Ho, I really hope he is alive. 

About the "romance" angle. I still think it is nothing. Why does everyone worry? But I wish the writers should not tease the audience. The cliche scene from romantic comedies where the heroine wants to take an object from a high shelf and the hero is picking it up for her and there is a closer between them? It was so unnecessary here. We all know that it won`t be any romance in this drama but the writers/PD wanted to tease the audience. They troll us. Look, they have generated some buzz.

Someone already commented here about Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi and I agreed. No worry about Jin Gyeom. He already knows that she could be his mother or it is someone similar. He cares for Tae Yi because of that and want to protect her no matter what. It is like someone gave him the oportunity to spend more time with his mother and save her this time.

About Tae yi, she knows that she looks like his mother but she does not suspect yet that Jin Gyeom could be her son (in any other dimentions). There is a closiness between them that she can`t explain (the mother and son conection?!). No woman is falling in love with a man just because she was close to his chest one time. :D  But being so much in his vicinity, Tae Yi started indeed to care about the odd detective. They have already formed  a relationship. Tae yi will realise soon that she is Jin Gyeom`s mother (sort of), that the woman she thought it  was her mother was another old self. She will experience time travel herself and probably will want and know how to stop the time travel project.

Detective Ko. I think he recently came in touch with The Professor or his adepts. He is like brainwashed. He is obssesed right now at the posibility of saving his son by time travel project. He took Seok O won and read The Book of Prophecy and now he wants to find the last page of the book. If his death is written in the book, it doesn`t matter. He wants to try to save time travel or chance his fate for a another oportunity to save his son. 

Oh Si Young could be on the suspect list of murdering Jin Gyeom`s mother. I am not convinced that she is the killer (I don`t think she is)  but she could be. She definitely knows more than she has hinted. She was a friend to Tae Yi but she had/has feelings for Min Hyuk as well. She knows what happened with Tae-Yi/Park Sun Young and knows who is Jin Byeom. And she is keeping Min Hyuk in the dark. It is about her feelings for him or she is working for The Professor as well?     

I am still suspecting Seok O Won but I need more infromation about him. I know Tae Yi/Park Sun Young gave him the book as she thought he was one of the guys who will try to stop the time travel but we don`t know him very well or his intentions.

The Professor is someone from the Science Institute and he/she is someone with autority over other scientists.

That mysterious number. Tae yi/ Park Sun Young called that number and texted "you bring this on yourself " (something like that). Is was a number she knew from the past? She figured out who that person was or she sent the message without knowing very well who is the person behind that number? 

i’m hoping that Jin Gyeom and Min Hyuk will work together in current timeline/dimension to ensure Tae Yi’s safety until the whole time travel project gets terminated and book of prophesy destroyed. of cos, once all the parallel dimensions and time space unify, Min Hyuk will never get to meet Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom would cease to exist.. 

Spoiler

who knows, a similar Hotel Del Luna ending might happen where all 3 of them meet.. totally unrelated to each other! lol

for Do Yeon, if she appears solely as a reporter with no romantic feelings for Jin Gyeom, its not going to be easy to slot her into the storyline much, being around Jin Gyeom often as the 2FL.

Spoiler

there was a girl reporter in Memorist who helped the ML a lot out of truth and righteousness but its hard for her to stand out in the show..

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

This could easily be the weakest episode or the episode with the least information provided or events happening and suddenly we get Jin Gyeom's death prediction BOOM. That is some smart work by the writers in my opinion.

I thought exactly the same when I ended watching ep 8. Nothing much happened except the sudden BOOM.. Double BOOM I must say. Many of us could predict that Jingyeom's life is at high risk as anyone who wants to control time would like to remove him from the scenario...but to show us the killer as Cheif Go... ! That's crazy. He's fishy but to kill Jin Gyeom! My guess work at this point kind of stopped.. kudos to writers!

img.gif

The Deja Vu.. except the characters changed places!

Even if Cheif Go is working with his agenda or under Teacher, him killing Jin Gyeom is too much for me to digest. I would like to believe the scene is more than what it seems. I will think he In last two episode we've seen Cheif Go acting very unusual.. the way he wanted to spend time with his wife is also unusual- that's what dying people does in drama!! Like he knows he doesn't have much time, he wants to go travel with his wife.

2 hours ago, larus said:

Someone already commented here about Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi and I agreed. No worry about Jin Gyeom. He already knows that she could be his mother or it is someone similar. He cares for Tae Yi because of that and want to protect her no matter what. It is like someone gave him the oportunity to spend more time with his mother and save her this time.

About Tae yi, she knows that she looks like his mother but she does not suspect yet that Jin Gyeom could be her son (in any other dimentions). There is a closiness between them that she can`t explain (the mother and son conection?!). No woman is falling in love with a man just because she was close to his chest one time. :D  But being so much in his vicinity, Tae Yi started indeed to care about the odd detective. They have already formed  a relationship. Tae yi will realise soon that she is Jin Gyeom`s mother (sort of), that the woman she thought it  was her mother was another old self. She will experience time travel herself and probably will want and know how to stop the time travel project.

The attachment Yoon Tae Yi feels from the care and dedication from Jin Gyeom is bound to move any lady.. she knows the she looks similar to his mother but she can't really explain her fondness for a grown man like Jin Gyeom so it's natural to be confused. She can't treat it as motherly instinct either because she's is an unmarried young woman, it's beyond imagination for her considering her current situation. 

She's currently in a position where Jin Gyeom's mother was -- want to experience time travel. But Jin Gyeom's Mother wanted to stop time travel after she got settled in 1992. Prof. Taeyi is still at her idealistic phase from where Taeyi 2050 came from, in my opinion. Hope Prof. Taeyi will get to see the clear picture soon.

We know Jin Gyeom has always looked at her with affection that he holds for his mother. He tried to find similarities, he found it. He abandoned the thought of them being the same person after his time travel but he again tried to find similarities when he picked buns for her, again in this episode when Taeyi entered his house he had a flashback of his mother. He wanted her to be comfortable in this house- indicates how his emotion for Prof. Taeyi is working the whole time. To him it's like a chance of treating his mother the way he was supposed to treat her. He never really could do much for his mother due to his aloofness. 

He promised his mother when she died that if he meets her again he would protect he; even if she's not his. To me he is trying his best to keep that promise.

There's a SBS report got released that says two Tae Yi are different people.. but that really doesn't justify the loveline between Prof. Taeyi & Jin Gyeom, simply because to JG Tae Yi is special because of his mother. Doesn't matter if she's his mother or not he'll do what he'll have to do anyway. That's why this loveline is no even if the Tae Yi's are completely two different people.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I am still suspecting Seok O Won but I need more infromation about him. I know Tae Yi/Park Sun Young gave him the book as she thought he was one of the guys who will try to stop the time travel but we don`t know him very well or his intentions.

Same here. His intentions are not that clear.. I think in episode 7 the opening quote is "Do not trust future. Bury the dead past. Act in the present." Just because it's in the book of prophecy doesn't mean it's bound to happen. The quotes are defiantly telling us not to hung up too much thinking about future.. may be because it can change.

2 hours ago, larus said:

That mysterious number. Tae yi/ Park Sun Young called that number and texted "you bring this on yourself " (something like that). Is was a number she knew from the past? She figured out who that person was or she sent the message without knowing very well who is the person behind that number? 

Those two mysterious numbers are same.. And the text message from 2010 to Sun Young is voiced by Alice girl- forgot her name 'young.' From the preview it seems that she met JG at his mother's funeral may be and again she will come to point gun at Jin Gyeom's head. What's she doing actually..definitely she is not just after Min Hyuk's heart.

Speaking of Min Hyuk he finally said it...

img.gif

"It's not me who abandoned Tae Yi, it's her who abandoned me."

Yes.. genius you're right! Now try finding out the reason WHY so you can do what you need to do. I feel sad for him, the situation he's in.. Enemy to both Taeyi and Jin Gyeom when he actually isn't. But he needs to be in action other than just grieving. 

I wonder if he'd know the identity of Jin Gyeom by next episode.. it's getting late.

I had a great expectation of this drama until they put some romance into it. Tae Yi clearly has a feeling for Jin Gyeom. Sigh. I dislike the idea of someone like Jin Gyeom will also finally fall for Tae Yi who has his mother face.

:wut:

I thought they're gonna be a cool squad and reveal the shocking twist/mystery of the time travel. I actually love the story of time travel. So I have high expectation. But now I think I need to reconsider this drama. Hmmm.. :(

Archived