[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

2nd Tae Yi doesn't remember that she met Jin Byeom in 2010. I think this confirms the theory that we are in a muti-verse. 

Also, second Tae Yi only remembers her mom, but not her dad. Could this explain why first Tae Yi didn't know who the little girl or remember the house in episode 1?  

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Alice doesn't focus on loveline, but after episode 5, I'm afraid that they'll build loveline between JG and Tae Ri. I pesonally hope it won't happen, because if this drama has loveline, I hope it will be the loveline between JG and his best friend, as well as the loveline between Tae Ri and Min Hyuk. ^^

2 minutes ago, Zummy said:

I know Alice doesn't focus on loveline, but after episode 5, I'm afraid that they'll build loveline between JG and Tae Ri. I pesonally hope it won't happen, because if this drama has loveline, I hope it will be the loveline between JG and his best friend, as well as the loveline between Tae Ri and Min Hyuk. ^^

I don't see it happening. 2nd Tae Yi is still Jin Gyeom's mother. It will be like kissing her own brother (Back To The Future reference) 

I was pretty sure they weren’t angling for JG/TY loveline before episode 5. Just after watching why do I get the feeling they’re feeling it out. Too much emphasis on the no she’s not my mom.... I don’t like that route anyway. Too late already know her as his mom. I hope they don’t. 

Hi, I'm new in this topic. I hope you all welcome me to join this discussion. 

I want to share my opinion about the love line. I don't think we need a love line in this drama. I like that Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom having mom and son relationship. It will be weird to create the love line between now after everything. The problem already too complicated without the love line. If the writer really want to make a love line, I think JG and his best friend will be the best choice or maybe TY and Min Hyuk. 

9 hours ago, kboramint said:

2nd Tae Yi doesn't remember that she met Jin Byeom in 2010. I think this confirms the theory that we are in a muti-verse. 

Also, second Tae Yi only remembers her mom, but not her dad. Could this explain why first Tae Yi didn't know who the little girl or remember the house in episode 1?  

TY remembering her mother and not her father was confusing. Also her mother left her in the orphanage? I thought her father died and she was taken to the orphanage after? We never saw TY mother, if the little girl is truly young TY. 

1 hour ago, chdom said:

I was pretty sure they weren’t angling for JG/TY loveline before episode 5. Just after watching why do I get the feeling they’re feeling it out. Too much emphasis on the no she’s not my mom.... I don’t like that route anyway. Too late already know her as his mom. I hope they don’t. 

That's because we as viewers have a overall picture..but Jin Gyeom hasn't that. We know what we see are two Tae Yi but what Jin Gyeom sees is that Park Sun Young and Yoon Tae Yi are two different person because two of them are living at a time. Jin Gyeom doesn't know that his mother came from 2050. He also noticed this episode that Professor Tae Yi doesn't have that Omega type symbol the back of her neck. But we can guess that park Sun Young's sign might be tattooed later.

That's why he is letting this idea out of his mind that Prof. Tae Yi has something to do with his mother. Things would have changed if he knew who his mother is-her profession, her past..But he has no idea about that. I think it's understandable why he is now taking a step back from finding connection among these two look alike (!) people.

Preview of today's episode:

So the fact that that Prof. Tae Yi identify the system of Time Cards says a lot. Next episode is crucial because Min Hyuk will meet Tae Yi. I was a bit mad that Min Hyuk couldn't meet Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi together at his apartment! But today he'll meet them in a different scenario- can't wait.. I have a feeling Jin Gyeom will probably suspect Min Hyuk as his mother's murderer! 

Kim Hee Sun And Kwak Si Yang Come Face To Face In “Alice”

103ddfaebaca4558903a2ca2142906e9.jpeg?s=

Sep 12, 2020
by R. Jun

SBS’s “Alice” has revealed new stills of Kwak Si Yang and Kim Hee Sun.

In the new stills, Yoon Tae Yi (played by Kim Hee Sun) and Yoo Min Hyuk (played by Kwak Si Yang) come face to face. Though he is usually stoic and composed, Min Hyuk looks shaken and angry, while Yoon Tae Yi, though initially terrified, appears to stand her ground, looking Yoo Min Hyuk in the eye even with a gun in her face.

A source from the drama said, “In the sixth episode of ‘Alice’ airing today, Yoon Tae Yi and Yoo Min Hyuk meet. The stills show a precarious situation, what with the complicated emotions of the two characters. Kim Hee Sun’s range of acting portrayed the tension of the situation and the confusion of her character well, while Kwak Si Yang’s presence added weight to the scene. Please look forward to it.”

The next episode of “Alice” airs Sept

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425020wpp/kim-hee-sun-and-kwak-si-yang-come-face-to-face-in-alice

Every time someone goes back in time to change things (I mean that’s the sole reason for them wanting to go back right?), it births another timeline...and therefore another “clone” of themselves which in turn affects the people around them.  Multiverse as Prof TY explained (Minkowski spacetime).

I just wanted to add something about the mark on the TY that birthed JG.  It’s the Greek symbol Omega (Ω).  It’s the last alphabet in Greek.  Like the end.  So looking at how she died even when JG went back to try to avert her death, she may have to die?   As per the prophecy?  She’s the last of the TYs.  The final one.   Because she birthed JG.  The baby in the prophecy.   Actually I think the assassin (he’s about to be released from jail) that killed Dr Jang?  He had a symbol on his neck too.

7-D403-B83-DD16-489-E-8-D6-A-AE953-BE7-C

JG can control time I think.  That’s why he can time travel.  MH and Dir Oh think that he’s got the time card which is what’s helping him but MH says this

2-B628-DAD-8401-42-F5-A67-D-B5-D59-D6-C5

So there’s something about JG that’s special.  It allows him to control time.  The other thing that struck me as strange was that when MH and the others travel back in time from 2050, (time is relative), 28 years in the past is like 1 year in Alice.  When JG traveled back in time to 2010, he was really only there for a day?  He arrived on the day his mother was going to be killed and he departed that night.  But when he got back to 2020, a week had passed?  So it seems to be in reverse for him?  

14 minutes ago, nrllee said:

JG can control time I think.  That’s why he can time travel.  MH and Dir Oh think that he’s got the time card which is what’s helping him but MH says this

I thought JG time traveled with his mom's card ? Because he came back to 2020 with her time card

17 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I just wanted to add something about the mark on the TY that birthed JG.  It’s the Greek symbol Omega (Ω).

It also conforms that Tae-Yi in 2020 is not the mother of JG and they are two different perons

5 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

I thought JG time traveled with his mom's card ? Because he came back to 2020 with her time card

Yeah but MH said they need more than just a time card to time travel.  That’s why he looked confused that JG could time travel?  So there’s something different about JG.  Also there’s the prophecy that Seok read.

”the moment she reunites with her child. The child will gain control over time”

I wrote about it in my notes on Ep4 (Too many pics so easier in a doc)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZf24eyA1WwS41itHcgdoVNJ5XOdejViSAghJX5_X2g/

So this is what i understand

In 1992 it was

Yoon tae yi the girl that her father got killed. 

And the hug from her mother that she miss is the hug that Yoon tae yi from the future give to her

And because her father got killed so she become orphan and dont remember anything ( mostly because she got shocked hard that night )

Now lets say Yoon tae yi from the future is the same as yoon tae yi currently.

Now she is 32 at 2020 

And the one who do the time travel ( yoon tae yi from 2050 seems to be like 30 at most ) 

So how can she happen to be alice member in 2050 ?? 

Lots of question but damn i am so interested with this drama!!

21 minutes ago, nrllee said:

”the moment she reunites with her child. The child will gain control over time”

Then what about Tae-Yi's time card? It was not working when JG tried to use it, like other client's time card made the furniture around his room float, but his mom's time card did not working, but it worked in order to bring him back to 2020

12 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Then what about Tae-Yi's time card? It was not working when JG tried to use it, like other client's time card made the furniture around his room float, but his mom's time card did not working, but it worked in order to bring him back to 2020

She pressed it.  Not him?  I don’t know how it actually works.  She asked for the time card.  He gives it to her.  She presses it and it lights up.  Then she presses his finger on it?  And sends him back to 2020.  Hopefully they will tell us more tonight.

299-B444-E-971-A-4-E05-83-F5-81273-E82-D

8642-C092-CB19-4918-A46-D-F09-B16-F962-E

EDIT - but because JG went back in time and has the card now in 2020.  It means he’s set off another timeline?  The JG in 2010 that he left behind would now NOT have his mother’s time card to find amongst her keepsakes (like what we saw the earlier ep).  Argh...it’s getting so confusing... :lol:  Potentially this drama will have so many plot holes it’s not funny.

2 minutes ago, nrllee said:

She pressed it.  Not him?  I don’t know how it actually works.  She asked for the time card.  He gives it to her.  She presses it and it lights up.  Then she presses his finger on it?  And sends him back to 2020.  Hopefully they will tell us more tonight.

That's what confusing for me. Does it have some kind of security feature like it works for select members? Like some DNA lock? And in the Alice headquarters they informed Min Hyuk that JG traveled with an unregistered time card. But it belonges to Tae-Yi, so, they should have that time card in their registry

36 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Every time someone goes back in time to change things (I mean that’s the sole reason for them wanting to go back right?), it births another timeline...and therefore another “clone” of themselves which in turn affects the people around them.  Multiverse as Prof TY explained (Minkowski spacetime).

I just wanted to add something about the mark on the TY that birthed JG.  It’s the Greek symbol Omega (Ω).  It’s the last alphabet in Greek.  Like the end.  So looking at how she died even when JG went back to try to avert her death, she may have to die?   As per the prophecy?  She’s the last of the TYs.  The final one.   Because she birthed JG.  The baby in the prophecy.   Actually I think the assassin (he’s about to be released from jail) that killed Dr Jang?  He had a symbol on his neck too.

So there’s something about JG that’s special.  It allows him to control time.  The other thing that struck me as strange was that when MH and the others travel back in time from 2050, (time is relative), 28 years in the past is like 1 year in Alice.  When JG traveled back in time to 2010, he was really only there for a day?  He arrived on the day his mother was going to be killed and he departed that night.  But when he got back to 2020, a week had passed?  So it seems to be in reverse for him?  

That symbol on her neck. as I have said before too could be because of the Omega personality she showed. Omega people are usually the ones who have opted out from an organization or a group or cliques. Or maybe as you said it could also mean that she is the last Tae Yi, but that symbol is literally engraved or looked like that one. I mean it did not look like a tattoo, it looked more like engraved on the body using hot iron or something similar. It'll be interesting to see how she got it. Have to check whether that Assassin had it too. 

Now coming back to Jin Gyeom having the ability to control time. I had said this earlier that the fact that truck of doom didn't hit him immediately in ep1 end, was because he unknowingly stopped time. I think he has control over time, but does not know how to control it. There two life threatening situations, both with the truck of doom and he survived both because of time control. He stopped time in one and traveled back in one. Now the question is, is it because of Tae Yi's time card? I don't really think so. You see, we have seen him try to use the card again and again, but it never worked (It did work with that guy's card, but not to that extent). What I have been thinking is, that the time cards must be usually registered. Like the user registered can only use it. Remember while transporting that kid's mother back in future, the driver told her to hold her time card and press the button when he told her to? So I think only the user can use it, like Tae Yi did in 5th episode. Because it even made the Alice agents shocked that one cannot just time travel using time card, or maybe it is possible but not done because it is not safe and thus not in Alice policy. 

Just a correction on your last paragraph. Min Hyuk also went into 1992 and returned back after about 1 year or came back and stayed in Alice HQ for 1 year and 28 years passed in present. He didn't come back to 2020 from 2050, but from 1992. What I think took time in both of their cases is the actual time travel and not the time they spent back in time. For them it could have been very fast, but in actual Jin Gyeom traveled 10 years back in time. Plus he traveled directly to the past, meaning he did not use any route or method like the Alice members do. So for him the travel could have different duration as theirs. 

Now coming back to the episode, it was really sad to see Jin Gyeom see his mother die again. I really wonder whether we'll be seeing him travel back in time again to save his mother. I also wonder how Seok O Won knew Jin Gyeom? The way he spoke, it seemed like he knew that he is from future and knew about Tae Yi being in danger. Could it be that he was the one who Tae Yi contacted as the shopkeeper lady told to Jin Gyeom. Chances are she gave the book or the whereabouts of the book to Seok O Won during that phone call. But the way Seok O Won told Jin Gyeom that his mother in danger and save her, looked like he was not really there to kill her. There is a high chance that he even arrived at their house while following the drone. We see him coming at the door while looking up in the sky and being lost in something. 

The detective with who Jin Gyeom lived is also hiding a lot of things. He did look a bit suspicious when he asked Jin Gyeom not to dig in that kid's disappearance case. Seems like he has got some idea of time travel. Well he was in the area and running in other direction when Tae Yi had died. So he surely knows stuff which he is keeping to himself. Like the information of someone meeting Tae Yi at her home on the day of her murder. Who could it be? Was it Seok O Won to whom she gave the book? Or someone else we don't know about. Or someone else we still don't know about. Her phone call during the night also seems suspicious. Chances are that call was made to Seok O Won and she told him things and whereabouts of the book. But then who met her during the day. Of course it wouldn't be someone from Alice, because then she would not be celebrating her birthday with Jin Gyeom. Maybe that phone call made Seok O Won come to her house and that's the reason he knew she is in danger and told 2020 Jin Gyeom about it. We've got two new variables here and the detective does know certain stuff which he is not telling. I was already a bit suspicious of the reaction he gave when Jin Gyeom's partner told him about him meeting Prof Tae Yi. 

Now about Tae Yi meeting with that Assassin too. She met him 1 month before it all happened. So chances are Tae Yi had actually sensed certain things going on. She could have met him to know more about the book or know who else wants the book. You see she has got the book, knows Alice are behind it, must have sensed some danger and could have wanted to know who else is interested in the book. I really am thinking that we'll see atleast one time travel back in 2010 and could see Tae Yi being saved. There are certain things only she would know and not others not even Min Hyuk. 

Seok O Won seems to be wanting the events of prophecy take place without any disturbances. He has got a set of mercenaries or agents of himself who also do know about time travel. Remember the guy who helped that lady not go back in future, he has been confirmed to be connected with Seok O Won. But is his intention really to stop time travel? Or he wants to like God and be the only one to gain control over time and time travels. I am also more than positive that he was behind Jin Gyeom's accident. The truck driver hit Jin Gyeom on purpose and was professional enough to avoid being captured on CCTV cameras. 

By the way Tae Yi says she does not remember anything since she was 5, right? Means during the time of accident was she 5? I don't think so. She is said to born in 1989, right? Certain things don't match. She did say all she remembers is her mother's scent when she hugged her before leaving her at the orphanage. Some might say that it could be because Tae Yi hugged that kid at that time, but I don't think so it is the time. Firstly the age thing does not match. Secondly Tae Yi clearly remembers being left at the orphanage, being hugged and waiting for her mom to return who didn't. We still don't know whether Jang Dong Shik's wife was with him, or not. By this I mean we could have assumed her to have been dead or left them, but that might not be the case. If she does remember those things properly, it means it did happen and she stayed with her mom for 1-2 years. But why did her mom leave her? Who is the mom, will she also have some significance in the main story line? Is it Tae Yi who kept track of the girl and decided to send her in orphanage? 

44 minutes ago, nrllee said:

EDIT - but because JG went back in time and has the card now in 2020.  It means he’s set off another timeline?  The JG in 2010 that he left behind would now NOT have his mother’s time card to find amongst her keepsakes (like what we saw the earlier ep).  Argh...it’s getting so confusing... :lol:  Potentially this drama will have so many plot holes it’s not funny.

Jin Gyeom has the his mother's time card which carried from 2020 and used it to go back and not the one which his mom currently had in 2010. So 2010 Jin Gyeom would find it in his mother's belonging. 

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

That's because we as viewers have a overall picture..but Jin Gyeom hasn't that. We know what we see are two Tae Yi but what Jin Gyeom sees is that Park Sun Young and Yoon Tae Yi are two different person because two of them are living at a time. Jin Gyeom doesn't know that his mother came from 2050. He also noticed this episode that Professor Tae Yi doesn't have that Omega type symbol the back of her neck. But we can guess that park Sun Young's sign might be tattooed later.

That's why he is letting this idea out of his mind that Prof. Tae Yi has something to do with his mother. Things would have changed if he knew who his mother is-her profession, her past..But he has no idea about that. I think it's understandable why he is now taking a step back from finding connection among these two look alike (!) people.

What I think is that he has made the connection of Tae Yi being same person as him mother. He now knows for a fact that his mother was a time traveler. We also see him remembering his mom explaining complex maths/science problem to him very easily. It's just that he has doubts in his mind. That's the reason he is not telling about it to anyone. Same reason why he didn't show his mother's photo to Tae Yi, because he does not want to confuse her too. Him not seeing the omega mark on the back of neck must have confused him a lot. 

He looks to be adamant in finding answers more and confirm things himself. 

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

It also conforms that Tae-Yi in 2020 is not the mother of JG and they are two different perons

I don`t think they are  two different persons. They have the same DNA.  Professor Tae Yi will be the mother of Jin Gyeom in the future. (at least in some universes).  Even if there is multiverse/ alternative universes (because of the time travel) and there will be other alter egos, I think Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom will be mother and son.

57 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Yoon tae yi the girl that her father got killed. 

And the hug from her mother that she miss is the hug that Yoon tae yi from the future give to her

I understand the same. I think Yoon Tae Yi (2020) is talking about Yoon Tae Yi (2050) when she said that she felt her (Yoon Tae Yi 1992)  at the orphanage. She doesn`t remember her father being killed. It was a shock for her and has amnesia.

I think Yoon Tae yi (2020) will travel in time, in the future more exactly, soon. Maybe that card (form her future self) helped her to discover the secret of time travel. Of course Tae Yi (2020) doesn`t have the tattoo. She is not part of Alice yet.

The man who killed Jang Dong-Sik (Tae Yi`s father in 1992) is in jail in 2020. Tae Yi and Min Hyuk (from 2050) cut his leg in 1992. Lee se hoon was caught. Why he did not travel back? Who sent him to get the book and maybe kill the professor?

We see that Seok O-Won did not kill Tae Yi aka Park Sun Young in 2010. But why he knew about her being in danger? Park Sun Young/Tae Yi called him that day? (when the woman in the neighborhood saw her trembling and talking to the phone).  She gave him the book earlier and not on that tragic night? That`s why he knew about the danger, about the profecy?

In 2020, Seo O Won has the book and he wants to protect Jin Byeom. Where is the booik in 2050? Seo O Won still has it? He wants the time travel stopped or someone else? Is someone else against Alice organization or is someone inside the organization?

I still have a feeling that Seo O Won from 2050 has a big contribution to everything that is happening now. Or he lost the book to someone else or he chanced his mind about time travel. But It is possible to be something else.

Where is the last page of the book? We know that Tae Yi has it. Tae Yi from 2050 did not remember the young Tae Yi and his father. I wonder if other Tae Yi will find the page. Or maybe Jin Byeom will find it?

We still have to find more clues to the whole story.

28 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Have to check whether that Assassin had it too. 

Assassin had another symbol.  Sigma.

FB5460-E0-9869-47-F0-8-A6-D-037207-AA040

Thanks for that correction about the years. I am getting confused with all the flipping forwards and back.

39 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I also wonder how Seok O Won knew Jin Gyeom? The way he spoke, it seemed like he knew that he is from future and knew about Tae Yi being in danger. Could it be that he was the one who Tae Yi contacted as the shopkeeper lady told to Jin Gyeom.

I wondered about that too?  How did he know JG?  Unless he knew Mom TY and JG.  And he knew exactly when she would die?  Red moon?  Does Mom TY NOT have the book then?  If she did, wouldn’t she know that a red moon spelt doom for her?  She would’ve read it?  

42 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I also wonder how Seok O Won knew Jin Gyeom? The way he spoke, it seemed like he knew that he is from future and knew about Tae Yi being in danger. Could it be that he was the one who Tae Yi contacted as the shopkeeper lady told to Jin Gyeom.

Okay that makes sense.

And yes I suspect the detective dad too.  He mentioned he had a son who died.  Could he have also wanted to turn back time to save his son?

Archived