[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

1 hour ago, larus said:

@Sleepy Owl, thank you for the poll.

I like your theory about Detective Ko being replaced by the other Detectiove Ko (from the future). I did not think of that but it could be a high posibility. I thought that someone (The Teacher/ his people) promised him that he can change his son`s past and he is obssesed with that. I even said that he looks like a brainwashed now with his obsession but your theory will explain better why he changed, how he was convinced to work for The Teacher and look for the Book of Prophecy. We`ll see. 

You see, I could not find another explanation about his sudden change in attitude. Him suddenly showing so much love to his wife, asking for traveling etc. Also as I said, we have seen his funeral in OST Secret's official MV. But this sudden change, when I thought more was so much similar to the time traveler mom, like she was showing too much love to her child. Will have to see whether this is true, or Detective Ko had been fooling all of us since the start. 

What I think everyone is sure about is, this is something related to his dead son I guess or even his wife. I'd say both of them. The Teacher could have promised him to save his son in the past in exchange of the book. The complete book.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joo Won Talks About His Famous Military Friends, Personal Dating Style, And Working On “Alice” And “Ghost”

ad7f676445d14ef1bbc9eb0ae228009c.jpeg?s=

Sep 23, 2020

Joo Won, Ivy, Choi Jung Won, and Park Joon Myun, the stars of the musical “Ghost,” appeared as guests on the September 23 episode of MBC’s “Radio Star.”

In his recent drama, “Alice,” Joo Won filmed a real stunt on the roof of a building without CGI effects. He said, “At first, I wondered if I was really supposed to go up there. But on set, it’s difficult for an actor to say that they won’t do it. They had me on wires but it was scary because it was so high. The staff members were also nervous, so I tried to relax the atmosphere by doing a heart gesture.”

Joo Won also talked about the shower scene in “Alice.” He said, “I don’t like scenes where I take my clothes off because I think about my body instead of focusing on acting. I would work out whenever the drama staff had a meeting, so they suggested adding a shower scene. I worked out even harder because of that. I’ve had people ask me if it wasn’t too risqué.”

joo-won-radio-star-1.jpg

About working with Kim Hee Sun, he said, “We were supposed to do the last filming together but we couldn’t. Because of the heavy rains this summer, we had to film separately.” He also shared a funny story from when they met up outside of work. “I was at home when I heard that she was hosting drinks and I went over. I resolved to have a few drinks. I thought that one glass or so would be fine. But I had one glass of wine and passed out. I woke up and it was over. I asked if I’d slept long and they told me I’d slept for over an hour. I really can’t drink alcohol. In the past, I would take a sip because my seniors asked me to, but spit it out in a towel.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427327wpp/joo-won-talks-about-his-famous-military-friends-personal-dating-style-and-working-on-alice-and-ghost

by C. Hong

Alice: Episode 7

by LollyPip

Alice07-00438.jpg

When concepts like time travel and alternate universes are involved, getting answers can often lead to even more questions. Our stolid cop and his professor are getting closer to the truth, but the closer they get, the more confused they are. Someone is after them with the intent to end time travel, and they’re not afraid to do anything — and I mean anything — to get their wish.

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Alice07-00015.jpg

Jin-gyum takes Tae-yi home, and she enters her apartment alone even though the door is open and the lights are out. She finds a large equation written on the wall in cat’s blood (as well as the dead cat), and in horror, she backs right into the bearded man. She screams, then he claps a drug-laced cloth over her face and knocks her out.

He makes a call to someone he calls Teacher, speaking to them with such deference that he even bows. He says he will get “it” done immediately, but a voice behind him asks, “Who is Teacher?”

It’s Jin-gyum, who kicks the bearded man to the floor and demands to know who he is and what he’s doing. The man snarls, “We have to kill her for the future,” then leaps up, activates his own Time Card, and runs out.

Alice07-00035.jpg

Tae-yeon comes home, and she and Jin-gyum get Tae-yi to the hospital. In the morning, Tae-yi tells Tae-yeon that she feels better and sends her home, but she’s haunted by memories of the attack that make her hand shake so badly she drops and shatters her glass of water.

Jin-gyum takes her to the police station to make a statement, and she purposely sits beside him instead of across the table. She thanks him for saving her life, but he just asks how she was acquainted with Seo-jin. Tae-yi is upset that he hasn’t even asked if she’s okay, so he explains that he just wants to catch the culprit as quickly as possible.

He takes out his phone and pulls up some music, knowing that she likes it, but the song is hilariously perky and completely wrong for the moment. Tae-yi snaps at him that she doesn’t want to listen to music anymore, and he sheepishly turns it off, ha.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/alice-episode-7/

25 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I'm watching the beginning of Episode 9 but the phone tracking system can track a phone that's in the future? Okay, sure thing doc. LOL.  

I know really?  - there are somethings you can suspend disbelief on when time travel is involved, but that one, although necessary for the heart tug moment, really took me out of the story for a bit.

So it looks like they've confirmed our boy can manipulate time through force of will, not only stopping it for himself, but for others (dragging TY back from 2021) ... that could come in handy

From the preview, MH & JG realize they're father/son .... and of course fight :lol:

We now know Seok O-won is alive in 2021 so even though he's a captive in 2020 he gets loose .... or released .... Detective Ko still needs LOTS of explaining .... and I mean L-O-T-S!

Do Yeon ... love her .... still .... yeah, its like that .... :heart2beat:

LCO

So, we found out that TY is getting the rash. Also, I'm getting suspicious that Oh Si-Young killed Jin Gyeom's mom. 

I'm just going to guess that on the final episode, we are still going to see Jin Gyeom's "death" and TY crying over his body. She won't be able to stop it. 

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

From the preview, MH & JG realize they're father/son .... and of course fight :lol:

Yeah, but when is Second Tae Yi going to find out? I was sure that she would see first Tae Yi's Columbarium but no she missed it. 

Well, as I speculated previously, the missing page with the time traveling future scientist was noticed by the detectives and they casually realized that Detective Ko was the last person who had the files. JG heard it so he’s also getting a bit suspicious of Detective Ko. Since TY also has the USB file showing that JG or someone else was surveilling Detective Ko, she probably suspect Ko’s involvement, I hope.

Detective Ko had an almost hard look in his eyes at Tae Yi’s memorial scene in his house when the camera focused on him for several seconds. I guess we will be finding out more about him soon.

My favorite scene tonight was Min Hyuk at Tae Yi’s memorial tomb/ossuary. I know this man was living in regret, resentment and some cowardice and I was glad to finally see him breakdown and get on his knees before Tae Yi. 

In any case, I suppose Min Hyuk will know what medication to give Tae Yi since he’s a time traveler. Honestly, I wish they would stop underusing the other characters.

It should be no surprise that JG can stop time. After all, he’s kind of an anomaly in the past. I wonder what his end will be. I kind of don’t see him stopping time without forfeiting his life. 

That Oh Si Young woman was really going to kill him, huh? I’m sure she knows he’s Min Hyuk’s son and she still really intended to kill him. I say, Min Hyuk because clearly she would off Tae Yi’s child without batting an eye. However, what if Min Hyuk found out that she tried to kill the child that Tae Yi dedicated her life to? I think Oh Si Young acts like she has a lot of power because she’s doing things without Min Hyuk and Director Gi knowing.

there seems to be more crumbs in this episode that is going to overthrow our speculations...

- DNA changed for a baby born in the past having exposed to excessive radiation

(so Jin Gyeom's DNA is not going to match with Tae Yi and Min Hyuk?)

- sigma symbol behind the ear of Detective Ko

(he is no longer the same person in 2020, but from the future?)

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I think Oh Si Young acts like she has a lot of power because she’s doing things without Min Hyuk and Director Gi knowing.

she claimed to last see Tae Yi in 2011.. but Min Hyuk now saw at the columbarium that Tae Yi (Park Sun Young) should have died in 2010.

i did chuckle a little at the carpark scene though.. Oh Si Young is really too petite, she holding the futuristic gun at Jin Gyeom who is so much taller hahaha her arm must have been sore.

and i almost thought Jin Gyeom is going to blurt out Happy Birthday to Omma as he sang for Tae Yi when the scene switched between 2010 and 2020..

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

I'm just going to guess that on the final episode, we are still going to see Jin Gyeom's "death" and TY crying over his body. She won't be able to stop it. 

every time something drastic (life threatening) happens to Jin Gyeom, he freezes time. and he suffered acute pain in the head and nosebleed. i'm guessing that he will still risk his life to save Tae Yi and ended up in fatal injury (death). or, at minimum what seems to be a trend these days, amnesia.

Spoiler

like Memorist where the ML caused accumulative damage to his health whenever he used his superpowers

19 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

there seems to be more crumbs in this episode that is going to overthrow our speculations...

- DNA changed for a baby born in the past having exposed to excessive radiation

(so Jin Gyeom's DNA is not going to match with Tae Yi and Min Hyuk?)

- sigma symbol behind the ear of Detective Ko

(he is no longer the same person in 2020, but from the future?)

she claimed to last see Tae Yi in 2011.. but Min Hyuk now saw at the columbarium that Tae Yi (Park Sun Young) should have died in 2010.

Yes, the doctor did say that JG’s DNA would be affected by the radiation from the worm hole but I don’t think it matters that he won’t match Tae Yi’s or Min Hyuk’s DNA. I guess the only person that it would matter to is Min Hyuk and I think he pretty much realized that JG’s is his son and not the son of Tae Yi’s fictional husband according to Oh Si Young’s story. At the ossuary Min Hyuk remembered Tae Yi’s words about the little heart that’s beating inside her. I think he realizes now that JG is that child because he also caressed JG’s image in the photo with his mom. 

However, I don’t think he will tell JG that he’s his father so there probably won’t be any “Luke, I am your father” moment. Or at least, from the preview it doesn’t seem like Min Hyuk told JG but instead said that he did not know that JG was Tae Yi’s son. He could be acting as a colleague that only worked with Tae Yi in the past. 

Yes, Detective Ko has that symbol behind his ear. It might be as @Sleepy Owl speculated that he might be from the future or possibly from another dimension. 

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

any idea... who is this Mr Kim that 2021 Tae Yi is supposed to travel to Spain with?

That confused me too but it’s Kim Da Yeon that she traveled to Spain with. I guess it’s their way of coping with their pain after JG died. Remember Tae Yi told DY about this when they were lying in the bed. 

Maybe there’s a mistake in the translation. It probably should have been “Ms.” instead of “Mr.”.

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Remember Tae Yi told DY about this when they were lying in the bed. 

yups, that's why i thought it was her.. but the eng sub said "Mr. Kim" lol

so the only way to save Jin Gyeom was, Tae Yi to remember her past before 1992.. and it has to be before 15 Oct 2020 the day which Jin Gyeom supposed to die.

argh, can't wait for tonite's episode... since she will be telling Jin Gyeom what happened in 2021, hopefully there will be a turn in the outcome of events.

@sadthe1st, they have 7 days before JG is supposed to die. Tae Yi has to tell JG the truth about his looming death date. It’s better that they start investigating immediately since he has about a week. 

I don’t know how Tae Yi intends to regain her memories but clearly we will learn about exactly who her father was. JG also assigned his partner to investigate Dr. Jang and his family. I wonder if Tae Yi really is his biological daughter.

it could have been Lee Se Hoon who stabbed Jin Gyeom and not Detective Ko, maybe he was trying to revenge on Tae Yi whom he thought was an accomplice to Min Hyuk for severing his leg in 1992.. i'm still hoping Detective Ko is good.

i think the mom figure that Tae Yi remembered bringing her to the orphanage could have been Park Sun Young. that's why she was staring at her when she was buying ice cream for young Jin Gyeom at the carnival. she could have mistaken her as her birth mom? or little Tae Yi was already a time traveler kid and Dr Jang found and adopted her? she could have been sent to the past as a baby with the book. A bit confused though. i thought she was identified as 5yo during Dr Jang's murder in 1992... adopted at 8yo into Yoon family. then logically her birth year should have been 1987, but it was indicated as '89 on the white board.

One thing I want to point out.

If 2021 Tae Yi knew that her past self was going to time travel to 2021 then why did she decide to go to Spain? Shouldn't she have waited for her? Think about it, 2021 Tae Yi could of told 2020 Tae Yi how Jin Gyeom died. I get that it wouldn't change her reality but it would save Jin Gyeom in another reality. 

Also 2021 Tae Yi became friends with Do Yeon?   

Many points have already been discussed by @celebrianna and @sadthe1st

Firstly, Tae Yi still being tracker, with the tracker literally being in 2021, was a bit meh for me. I would say the same with Jin Gyeom posting the sticky notes, and they appearing on Tae Yi's end, but well, since it has not been affecting the actual story till now, I'll just decide to slide it, but I really hope all this not happen again. 

Oh Si Young saying "she didn't do anything wrong and it was his mother's fault" hints at her involvement in Tae Yi's death. She said to Min Hyuk she last saw Tae Yi in 2011, but she was already in her funeral, so she knew that Tae Yi was dead, and also knew where her funeral was being held. We know that the Alice drone was there which chased Tae Yi on the night of her death. Things are becoming clearer I guess.

As of Oh Si Young, someone mentioned that she has got the power. You see, she looks to be the person in charge of surveillance using drone, which gives her more info than Min Hyuk and the director as one of them is the field agent and the other well warms his seat. Plus I had said when the show had started that Oh Si Young looks like the type of person, who'll do things for the Organization, anything and justify it being done for the Organization. She not hesitating to kill Jin Gyeom proves it, that even if she knows he is Tae Yi's son, because he has become a threat to Alice, he needs to be eliminated.  

Finally it is proved that Jin Gyeom unknowingly stops the time when his life is being threatened. I think even he has got some idea about it. And it is him because of who Tae Yi returned, and not just because of the time card. Let us see whether in the remaining 7 episodes we'll see Jin Gyeom mastering the skill to manipulate time, or is it just protecting him because he is not supposed to die yet or let us say, he is not supposed to die in this timeline. 

I don't know whether someone else noticed this too, but it is sort of proved that Jin Gyeom will not die, when the time stops, Tae Yi travels back to 2020, they show Jin Gyeom's photos vanishing from the memorial stone/grave even in 2021, which means, something happened and future was changed. You might argue it happened in 2020, but in 2020 it was not raining, while in 2021 it was and the photos and the name plate all vanished while it was raining. So something has already happened, due to which Jin Gyeom's death already got prevented. Which I don't think is Tae Yi's time travel, but I think is Jin Gyeom Time stopping ability or gaining control over time, because it is in the book the "child of prophecy will one day rule over time".

Coming back to 2020, Jin Gyeom gets one more info which further points in both Tae Yi being the same. It is their birthday being on the same date. It was really sad to see Jin Gyeom having bought a cake because it was his mom's birthday too. He knew that Tae Yi will not be coming, so it definitely was not for her, and chances are he had been doing this since her death. That smile, when Tae Yi blew out the candles, was so genuine and had some sadness in it, which also showed that he was missing his mom so much and could be really thinking it was mom who was blowing out the candles. 

Also another thing is, almost everyone except for Jin Gyeom suffered from those rashes because of sudden time travel. But we never saw a single of it happening to Jin Gyeom, which further proves his special ability to time travel suddenly, with only a time card and well not much happening to him, apart from some effects of radiation which causes headache and nose bleed to him, which may not be because of radiation and because of the effect of overall time control on his body. Which we saw happen in the latest episode. 

Detective Ko has got the sigma sign under his ear, I'll have to check it in the past episodes, but this one really looks like a time traveler, and there is a high chance that 2020 Detective Ko is dead. 

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Face Uncomfortable Reality During Their Amusement Park Date In “Alice”

e96f88426a98472b97c3b2f96b11e961.jpeg?s=

Sep 26, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Alice” released new stills of Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun!

“Alice” is about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective searching for his mother’s killer who ends up investigating time traveling assassins who use a mysterious device called “Alice.” In the process, he meets Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun), a genius physicist who looks exactly like his mother.

Spoiler

Previously, Yoon Tae Yi went forward in time to the year 2021, only to realize Park Jin Gyeom was dead. Miraculously, she was able to return to 2020, and she resolved to stop his death no matter what. Towards the end of the episode, Yoon Tae Yi fell unconscious while leaving the house with Park Jin Gyeom. Her arms were decorated with strange spots, which were actually the side effects of time travelling. At that moment, Yoo Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) appeared, and he became shocked when he learned Park Jin Gyeom is actually his son.

In the new stills, Park Jin Gyeom and Yoon Tae Yi are at the amusement park. They’re enjoying their day off with childlike innocence, and they even lean in for a picture together.

However, things take a drastic turn, and the two stare at each other without smiling. Yoon Tae Yi gazes at Park Jin Gyeom with sad eyes, and Park Jin Gyeom’s expression is dark with seriousness. It’s as if he wants to ask her something but isn’t sure how to bring it up in fear of her response.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427803wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-face-uncomfortable-reality-during-their-amusement-park-date-in-alice

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

He knew that Tae Yi will not be coming, so it definitely was not for her, and chances are he had been doing this since her death.

this is really a good catch! i only realised this could be it after reading your post!

(and i forgot this is Alice thread and used the Thirsty emoji lol but changed it!)

now im curious of the prophesy.. given that 3 more will die.. (or was it 4?) after Tae Yi’s sunbae.. seeing that in 2021 Do Yeon was travelling with Tae Yi (2021) in Spain.. so the other 3 could have been Jin Gyeom, Detective Ko and wife? maybe it wasn’t Detective Ko’s son he was trying to save, but his wife?

Watch: Kim Hee Sun Loves To Tease Joo Won With Fake Blood On Set Of “Alice”

fe89e82ff7984ff59c642bb1c9ea2fe3.jpeg?s=

Sep 26, 2020
by L. Kim

Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won showed off their excellent teamwork in a new behind-the-scenes clip for SBS’s “Alice”!

The video starts with the two actors reviewing their script. They find one of the lines hilarious and break into hearty laughter over it. During rehearsal, Kim Hee Sun says her line, “You’re so useless,” causing both her and her co-star to explode with laughter. She continues, “You don’t know how to do anything. You can’t even catch the culprit.” Joo Won doubles over with laughter as Kim Hee Sun points out, “Isn’t that line hitting below the belt?”

joo-won-kim-hee-sun-14.jpg

Next, Kim Hee Sun perfectly acts out the scene where she’s being chased by a bug. Once the director calls “cut,” she laughs out loud, and Joo Won remarks, “You’re good at that.” The two make various bloopers, and they can’t stop laughing at each other’s mistakes.

In one part, they act out a scene where they struggle with his sweatshirt and she ends up jerking it right off. As soon as the scene is cleared, Joo Won ducks his head in embarrassment, and Kim Hee Sun struggles to contain her laughter as she attempts to cover him up.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1427807wpp/watch-kim-hee-sun-loves-to-tease-joo-won-with-fake-blood-on-set-of-alice

Archived