[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

Alice: Episode 8

by selena

ALICE08-00093.jpg

With a dangerous man on the loose, our leads are forced to live together for the sake of safety. Cohabitating with his mother’s lookalike gets our hero to become a little less hardened than usual. As someone trusted tampers with the investigation, it’s much more difficult to find the culprit.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

ALICE08-00004.jpg

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein

After graduating from high school, Jin-gyum moved out with Captain Go’s help. With tears threatening to spill, he gave his empty home one last glance. Jin-gyum conjured up an imaginary version of Mom and told her that he was leaving, but promised to return since this was their home.

Jin-gyum stands in the same spot now, but instead of his mother, it’s Tae-yi who’s in front of him. He explains that this is the precinct’s safehouse. Meanwhile, Dong-ho gets chased down by Do-yeon who threatens to write an article exposing the police unless he gives her Jin-gyum’s location.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/alice-episode-8/

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

yup, she admitted it in ep10.

and secretly, i'm clapping my hands about it.. she is not getting the guy past, present and future HAHAHA

Oh Si Young is basically written like the typical stereotypical k-drama second female lead.   

2 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

In the preview for ep 11, Detective Ko told JG that it's the only way to save his wife. It means his wife is dying? 

I assume so. I have this theory that he travelled back to 2010, killed off 2010 Det. Ko and lived 10 years with his past wife without Alice even knowing. 

So it seems like Detective Ko has been working for The Teacher since 2010 or maybe much before it too. But well, we got to see how and why he joined it. He knows about a future event involving his wife and her death I guess, kudos to @sadthe1st for speculating it. I still have my doubts that he was the one who killed Tae Yi, maybe I am wrong here. We see that the Teacher's agents usually use the weapons of their choice, sword, knife or in Detective Ko's case, a handgun, but a normal one. Tae Yi was shot with an Alice agent's gun, so as Min Hyuk is suspecting someone from Alice is actually a rogue agent, or maybe someone stole their agent's gun. 

Oh Si Young, seems to be only jealous of Tae Yi? Like both Tae Yis, I don't think so it is just that. If that was the case, she actually hesitate a little in shooting Jin Gyeom in his head, which she didn't. As I said before too, she could have easily cut off the tail and there was no need to confront Jin Gyeom. But she did seem like wanting to get rid of him, even after knowing he Tae Yi's son, so there is definitely something going on. Is she the one still using her number? She contacted Tae Yi sending a seemingly threatening message to her, but this is the same number which The Teacher was using to contact the Assassin sent to kill Prof. Tae Yi. It could have been Oh Si Young back then, but then I think Director Gi is using that number, and that's what explains his expression when Min Hyuk tells him he'll investigate further. Since Oh Si Young while speaking to him mentioned The Teacher's involvement in recent cases and he denied it, explains that either she does not know about The Teacher, or she is the Teacher, which I don't really think is the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being the Teacher. Still my bet is on Director Gi. But the fact that Jang Dong Shik's killer claims to have met The Teacher and Oh Si Young to also have met him, could mean she is indeed the teacher, but let us see what happens in the coming episode. 

Love how Do Yeon joined the dots and come to conclusions which actually were correct. I do understand why she went and told Tae Yi to stay away from Jin Gyeom. From her pov as a friend, I think even Tae Yi understood her and that's why she said that she understands why they could be traveling together to Spain in 2021. Do Yeon has not right to say that, but I think someone had to explain to Tae Yi what Jin Gyeom actually feels when he is with her. 

@celebrianna I think Tae Yi's time travel is what triggered change in events of present and not her deleting the photo. As I said in past post too, as soon as Tae Yi time traveled, even in 2021 Jin Gyeom's details and photos vanished from his grave signifying something have happened which already prevented his death. Seok Oh Won told her that he had heard from her in past about the time travel, but well, Tae Yi did something or saw something which I think will prevent Jin Gyeom's death. The gun shot is definitely from someone else's gun, not a detective though, there is a high chance it is Min Hyuk. Because as I said, in the MV we see Detective Ko given a police Officer's burial and many officers saluting to his grave, which means someone not from the force killed him. Plus we already know that if Detective Ko dies, we see Jin Gyeom not mentioning his involvements in the recent cases. But yes you are right about Jin Gyeom hiding the evidence and still trusting Detective Ko and wanting to speak to him shows how much he growth he had emotionally in the past 10 years. 

For someone not emotional like Jin Gyeom, to see that he hid the evidence to protect Detective Ko, who was like a father to him in the last years, it is an emotional growth. It is wrong from the perspective of an officer but understable as a human being. He knows that he is involved with the time travelers and he will confront him in the upcoming episode.

The question is when Detective Ko came in contact with the Teacher? I still can be  from the future/ from another dimension. When his wife asked him about a past event from their life he said that he did not remember the day before let alone past memories. But he does know that his wife will die. I don`t think he found out from the Book of prophecy or someone told him. I think he lived it. That will explain how determined he is to get the mission done.

41 minutes ago, larus said:

For someone not emotional like Jin Gyeom, to see that he hid the evidence to protect Detective Ko, who was like a father to him in the last years, it is an emotional growth. It is wrong from the perspective of an officer but understable as a human being. He knows that he is involved with the time travelers and he will confront him in the upcoming episode.

The question is when Detective Ko came in contact with the Teacher? I still can be  from the future/ from another dimension. When his wife asked him about a past event from their life he said that he did not remember the day before let alone past memories. But he does know that his wife will die. I don`t think he found out from the Book of prophecy or someone told him. I think he lived it. That will explain how determined he is to get the mission done.

You are right about Detective Ko having lived it. Which makes me wonder, if he actually is from future, when did he replace actual Detective Ko? Should we assume there were actually 2 Detective Kos in 2010, one the original one and the other Teacher's agent from future to kill Tae Yi? Could be possible. And then he killed the real one in 2020, in order to protect his wife? Him telling his wife does not remember what happened yesterday, let alone something about years ago, could be because he did not want to discuss about it. He is with his dead wife, it already must be emotionally tough for him, and remembering all those good memories while thinking how she'll die could be the last thing he wants to do right now. So you right, he has experienced his wife dying first hand and not something told to him by someone or in the book.

As for Jin Gyeom, even though it was not something expected from him as a Police Officer, but it does show how much emotionally he has developed, and to me it looks like even though he can't express it, but he has started to feel emotions and also become emotionally attached to the ones around him, like Do Yeon, Detective Ko and his wife. 

@Sleepy Owl, eh, I’m not the one who speculated that Tae Yi deleting the photo changed the future and JG’s death. I didn’t touch that subject at all since it’s kind of muddled to me. :lol: I like your speculation and @sadthe1st’s speculation that maybe it was Min Hyuk’s shot that was heard. Oh Si Young did after all show him the the video/photo of the “foster father” leaving the scene of LSH’s murder. He knows that the man took in JG after Tae Yi was murdered and probably realized he’s more than a police officer to actually murder LSH. Now, will JG get on his case for murdering his foster father? 

I think there’s more to Oh Si Young’s story. I do believe she doesn’t like this current Tae Yi and she was probably jealous of the old Tae Yi, but I think it’s not only that. She really meant to kill JG even knowing that he’s Tae Yi’s son. There’s an underlying animosity here. Contrast the difference with Min Hyuk. He was going to kill JG many times before but as soon as he found out JG is Tae Yi’s child, that’s no longer the case. To be fair, it probably makes a difference that JG is also his son but Oh Si Young claimed she was Tae Yi’s friend, and at the very least her colleague. 

As far as Director Gi, like I said before, I’m suspecting everybody until it’s clear who has fangs and who does not. :sweatingbullets:

@Sleepy Owl, I also like that Do Yeon explained to Tae Yi about the emotional impact she has on JG and how it relates to his mother. They sure are stretching out the time before Tae Yi actually sees a picture of JG’s mother. I find it unnatural that she hasn’t even sought out a picture of the mom considering that human beings are curious people. 

9 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, eh, I’m not the one who speculated that Tae Yi deleting the photo changed the future and JG’s death. I didn’t touch that subject at all since it’s kind of muddled to me. :lol: I like your speculation and @sadthe1st’s speculation that maybe it was Min Hyuk’s shot that was heard. Oh Si Young did after all show him the the video/photo of the “foster father” leaving the scene of LSH’s murder. He knows that the man took in JG after Tae Yi was murdered and probably realized he’s more than a police officer to actually murder LSH. Now, will JG get on his case for murdering his foster father? 

I think there’s more to Oh Si Young’s story. I do believe she doesn’t like this current Tae Yi and she was probably jealous of the old Tae Yi, but I think it’s not only that. She really meant to kill JG even knowing that he’s Tae Yi’s son. There’s an underlying animosity here. Contrast the difference with Min Hyuk. He was going to kill JG many times before but as soon as he found out JG is Tae Yi’s child, that’s no longer the case. To be fair, it probably makes a difference that JG is also his son but Oh Si Young claimed she was Tae Yi’s friend, and at the very least her colleague. 

As far as Director Gi, like I said before, I’m suspecting everybody until it’s clear who has fangs and who does not. :sweatingbullets:

Yeah, I just checked and that photo deletion part was written by @sadthe1st :lol:. I must have mixed things up after reading all posts and trying to write a bit about them too :sweatingbullets:. Anyway, seems like Detective Ko will be given an honorable Policeman's funeral and no one except Jin Gyeom, Prof Tae Yi and Min Hyuk will know the actual truth about it. But if it really is Min Hyuk who will kill him, from a distance close enough for Jin Gyeom to know he did, I wonder how Jin Gyeom will be reacting. I am also just like you think that Jin Gyeom will come to know about Min Hyuk's identity as father very late. Because I don't really see Min Hyuk telling him about it. But I do think that Min Hyuk will be explaining things to Jin Gyeom, in order make things clearer for him. 

As for Oh Si Young, we really not know many things. Like we all are suspecting, there is definitely more to it and not just a simple jealousy involved her. Even if she hated Tae Yi, she would at least hesitate a little in shooting Jin Gyeom. She knows he is Tae Yi's son, I wouldn't but it if she actually did try to kill him because he is Tae Yi's son and worries about Min Hyuk once again remember Tae Yi and not look at her. The least we could say is, she will do anything for the organization, and that could actually involve killing Tae Yi too. 

For now, Seok Oh Won, Director Gi and Oh Si Young, all three of them are really suspicious. Anyone of them could be Teacher too, even Oh Si Young, who has the least chances of being it among these three, but even the writers could be thinking about it and make the least expecting one the actual one here. 

@Sleepy Owl, from the moment Min Hyuk told Director Gi that after he finds Tae Yi’s murderer and hand the person over to the police that he will tell JG who he is, my mind already switched to the possibility that JG will probably find out when Min Hyuk is dying. I guess I choose dying because he might not find out that his close colleagues in Alice might have had a hand in this until he’s blatantly betrayed. We know for a fact the caliber of bullet used to kill Tae Yi is from an Alice gun. I don’t know if an Alice gun was used intentionally or not.

I kind of believe it’s really Detective Ko that killed Tae Yi under orders. I wonder if there is a clue in the scene after TY dies and the suspects were shown. Director Gi and Oh Si Young were together at Alice looking suspicious, Min Hyuk was alone at Alice looking like he felt a premonition that something just happened, Detective Ko was running in an alley and Seol Oh Won was running in an alley looking scared. Then there was the white haired figure standing outside listening to JG cry inside the house. I still feel this white haired person is JG. It might be he realized he couldn’t stop his mother’s murder even in this timeline. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But if it really is Min Hyuk who will kill him, from a distance close enough for Jin Gyeom to know he did, I wonder how Jin Gyeom will be reacting. I am also just like you think that Jin Gyeom will come to know about Min Hyuk's identity as father very late.

Min Hyuk can forget about trying to explain to Jin Gyeom if he really did shoot Detective Ko to his death... no amount of truth will get into his head to see a fatherly figure being killed.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

my mind already switched to the possibility that JG will probably find out when Min Hyuk is dying.

sentiments exactly! and the very scene that came into my mind is

Spoiler

harry potter when prof. snape was dying and it's only at that very moment he knew the truth of this great man who was trying to protect him.

Jin Gyeom will once again be dumped into the pits of grief and sorrow... poor boy!

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

We know for a fact the caliber of bullet used to kill Tae Yi is from an Alice gun. I don’t know if an Alice gun was used intentionally or not.

could it be, that "useless" Alice manager (i can never remember his name except Min Hyuk calling him hyeong as a brother) who killed Tae Yi?

16 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Min Hyuk can forget about trying to explain to Jin Gyeom if he really did shoot Detective Ko to his death... no amount of truth will get into his head to see a fatherly figure being killed.

JG does have a prejudice towards Min Hyuk because of their past clashes so I do think JG will give him a hard time. Nevertheless, I would think even a normal human being should be shook by a close relative pointing a gun at their head. Here’s the proof and the reason that JG needed. Will he try to deny reality like he did when he throw away the dash cam showing Detective Ko is also a suspect in LSH’s murder? The fact is, whether he likes it or not, Detective Ko values his wife more than JG’s life. How will JG face this truth? It might be his first betrayal. As much as he thinks of Detective Ko as his father and Detective Ko did in fact act that way, this single moment shows that whatever he feels for JG is less important than his value for his wife. In contrast, his mother Tae Yi did anything and everything to protect him. That’s the “genuine” love of a parent. 

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, from the moment Min Hyuk told Director Gi that after he finds Tae Yi’s murderer and hand the person over to the police that he will tell JG who he is, my mind already switched to the possibility that JG will probably find out when Min Hyuk is dying. I guess I choose dying because he might not find out that his close colleagues in Alice might have had a hand in this until he’s blatantly betrayed. We know for a fact the caliber of bullet used to kill Tae Yi is from an Alice gun. I don’t know if an Alice gun was used intentionally or not.

I kind of believe it’s really Detective Ko that killed Tae Yi under orders. I wonder if there is a clue in the scene after TY dies and the suspects were shown. Director Gi and Oh Si Young were together at Alice looking suspicious, Min Hyuk was alone at Alice looking like he felt a premonition that something just happened, Detective Ko was running in an alley and Seol Oh Won was running in an alley looking scared. Then there was the white haired figure standing outside listening to JG cry inside the house. I still feel this white haired person is JG. It might be he realized he couldn’t stop his mother’s murder even in this timeline. 

Well I do see Min Hyuk getting betrayed just after knowing who really was behind Tae Yi's death. The fact that Director Gi is so eager in sending the case to HQ, shows he is worrying about the fact that Min Hyuk is investigating. We all know that he is considered the Ace of this base of Alice. Plus the way Detective Ko was shown running on the night of Tae Yi's death, even he looked terrified. So chances are he went to kill Tae Yi, but someone from Alice did it before him and ran away to save his own life. The White haired guy could be JG (there is high chance for it actually), but then I think it would be a waste, for me. I really would love it to the The Teacher guy. 

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

Well, he will initially get angry, but I do see him realizing it soon that his so called father figure was about to kill him. He will blame him a lot, but will be more motivated to find out why his father figure suddenly became like this and did all those things. But yes, I don't really think we'll be seeing them on better terms anytime soon if Min Hyuk does kill him.

52 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

JG does have a prejudice towards Min Hyuk because of their past clashes so I do think JG will give him a hard time. Nevertheless, I would think even a normal human being should be shook by a close relative pointing a gun at their head. Here’s the proof and the reason that JG needed. Will he try to deny reality like he did when he throw away the dash cam showing Detective Ko is also a suspect in LSH’s murder? The fact is, whether he likes it or not, Detective Ko values his wife more than JG’s life. How will JG face this truth? It might be his first betrayal. As much as he thinks of Detective Ko as his father and Detective Ko did in fact act that way, this single moment shows that whatever he feels for JG is less important than his value for his wife. In contrast, his mother Tae Yi did anything and everything to protect him. That’s the “genuine” love of a parent. 

I think in the teaser when we see Jin Gyeom in those expressions while Detective Ko points gun at him saying he needs to die for his wife to live, or something similar, he already realized that Detective Ko would do it for his wife. I think he might even try to understand Detective Ko, because he has also lost a loved on and knows how hard it is to know that she'll die. We saw how much he suffered despite trying so much and still not being able to save his mom, so I think he will understand Detective Ko's desperation in doing it. But yes, despite knowing all that, it is still betrayal to him and we'll have to see how he'll react. Maybe he'll go crazy on Min Hyuk only to be stopped by Tae Yi who is also there might stop him. 

38 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well I do see Min Hyuk getting betrayed just after knowing who really was behind Tae Yi's death. The fact that Director Gi is so eager in sending the case to HQ, shows he is worrying about the fact that Min Hyuk is investigating. We all know that he is considered the Ace of this base of Alice. Plus the way Detective Ko was shown running on the night of Tae Yi's death, even he looked terrified. So chances are he went to kill Tae Yi, but someone from Alice did it before him and ran away to save his own life. The White haired guy could be JG (there is high chance for it actually), but then I think it would be a waste, for me. I really would love it to the The Teacher guy. 

Well, he will initially get angry, but I do see him realizing it soon that his so called father figure was about to kill him. He will blame him a lot, but will be more motivated to find out why his father figure suddenly became like this and did all those things. But yes, I don't really think we'll be seeing them on better terms anytime soon if Min Hyuk does kill him.

I think in the teaser when we see Jin Gyeom in those expressions while Detective Ko points gun at him saying he needs to die for his wife to live, or something similar, he already realized that Detective Ko would do it for his wife. I think he might even try to understand Detective Ko, because he has also lost a loved on and knows how hard it is to know that she'll die. We saw how much he suffered despite trying so much and still not being able to save his mom, so I think he will understand Detective Ko's desperation in doing it. But yes, despite knowing all that, it is still betrayal to him and we'll have to see how he'll react. Maybe he'll go crazy on Min Hyuk only to be stopped by Tae Yi who is also there might stop him. 

I don’t necessarily think it’s a waste if the white/silver haired person is another JG. Besides the fact that the profile looks like JG, I think it would be a poignant moment if it is indeed him because it at least shows that he understood that nothing could stop the death of his mother. It reminds me of The Flash who also went back to the past to save his mother and a future version of himself stopped him from saving his mother because he already knew that saving his mother would make the future worse. So instead The Flash said goodbye to his dying mother pretty much in the same way that 2020 JG said goodbye to his dying mother. Both moms at least got to see and talk to their grown up sons. 

As far as the figure being the teacher, I would wonder why he was still standing outside the gate watching the house while Tae Yi is already dying and JG is screaming and crying. He was standing there for a while because his image is shown before the scene shots of the Alice suspects and then he’s still shown standing there after the scenes of the Alice suspects. This is really what I found unusual. The deal is done. Why linger watching the home and just standing outside the gate? It’s almost as if he’s someone who has an emotional attachment to what’s happening in the house. Well, I suppose once it’s revealed who the person is, we will understand why he kept standing there.

Regarding JG understanding Detective Ko’s motive, I wonder if he will also understand the person who killed his mother for a similar reason? Or is that understanding only reserved for someone close to him who commits murder to save someone important to them. In fact, isn’t Detective Ko technically doing the same thing as the future mom in the kidnapping case? She was desperate to save her daughter and basically murdered the present day mom so that she can ensure her child doesn’t go to America and die.

12 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t necessarily think it’s a waste if the white/silver haired person is another JG. Besides the fact that the profile looks like JG, I think it would be a poignant moment if it is indeed him because it at least shows that he understood that nothing could stop the death of his mother. It reminds me of The Flash who also went back to the past to save his mother and a future version of himself stopped him from saving his mother because he already knew that saving his mother would make the future worse. So instead The Flash said goodbye to his dying mother pretty much in the same way that 2020 JG said goodbye to his dying mother. Both moms at least got to see and talk to their grown up sons. 

As far as the figure being the teacher, I would wonder why he was still standing outside the gate watching the house while Tae Yi is already dying and JG is screaming and crying. He was standing there for a while because his image is shown before the scene shots of the Alice suspects and then he’s still shown standing there after the scenes of the Alice suspects. This is really what I found unusual. The deal is done. Why linger watching the home and just standing outside the gate? It’s almost as if he’s someone who has an emotional attachment to what’s happening in the house. Well, I suppose once it’s revealed who the person is, we will understand why he kept standing there.

Regarding JG understanding Detective Ko’s motive, I wonder if he will also understand the person who killed his mother for a similar reason? Or is that understanding only reserved for someone close to him who commits murder? 

Well, I am convinced with your point of why that guy being JG would actually be good. Nice explanation. It would sort of be poetic too. 

But as you said, everything will much clearer, when we'll know who that person actually is. 

Regarding understanding the guy who killed his mom, I don't think so. Even if it is Detective Ko, I don't think Jin Gyeom will reason it. As I said, he knows the pain of loved one, he will not justify even his own death by the hands of Detective Ko, but will try to understand firstly because he is close to him and has lived as his son for 10 years. He might find it unfair, but since he is doing to saved a loved one, will do it. And is not what all people do for their loved ones wrong acts? Find some reason behind and try to understand in order to calm themselves too. 

@Sleepy Owl, I guess it really depends on JG. As I pointed out before, the future mom in the kidnapping case also murdered the present day mom in order to save the daughter. If anybody is the definition of desperation it was her. She even hired a bounty hunter to execute the Alice personnel who was driving her away from Alice. However, it was clear she wasn’t thinking straight by her impromptu actions, anxiety and nervousness. Both her and Detective Ko basically has the same goal, even more so if he came from another dimension. The difference is Ko has been plotting his action for years in present time. This is why time travel should end. All the instances we’ve been shown of time travel involves murder. 

Someone mentioned previously that when time travel comes to an end that all the universes will become one. However, I think by the show’s logic, an action is the past doesn’t impact the current future but instead creates another dimension. So I wonder if the end of time travel means the end of traveling between dimensions because by the show’s logic currently there are limitless dimensions and past actions won’t affect them. I really hope they explain this stuff clearly by the end.

16 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

(i love the heart symbol after Jin Gyeom's name in Detective Ko's caller id)

I just watched the episode again today and noticed the heart sign beside Jin Gyeom's caller ID. My heart broke a little. :heartbreak:

I think Cheif Ko never thought he'd have to be face to face ever with Jin Gyeom by carrying out the orders of "Teacher-nim". May be he just thought after carrying out the order he will leave with his wife and Jin Gyeom will never know.. But now fate took him face to face with Jin Gyeom. His attitude and affection towards Jin Gyeom seemed genuine..

9 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Love how Do Yeon joined the dots and come to conclusions which actually were correct. I do understand why she went and told Tae Yi to stay away from Jin Gyeom. From her pov as a friend, I think even Tae Yi understood her and that's why she said that she understands why they could be traveling together to Spain in 2021. Do Yeon has not right to say that, but I think someone had to explain to Tae Yi what Jin Gyeom actually feels when he is with her. 

Agreed.. I also think Do Yeon is the voice of reasoning here in this scene.. asking everyone along with Jin Gyeom that how can two person sharing the same face and birthdate can be a coincident..!? She also focused in front of Tae Yi on the fact how she actually is to Jin Gyeom.. Tae Yi needed to here it, deep down she knew it but our Jin Gyeom never told it to her so she sometimes seemed confused.. But DY asking Tae Yi to avoid JG is not a very wise thought because JG will try to do his all to protect Tae Yi anyways, her being away from him doesn't matter. Do Yeon confronted Tae Yi with purely friendly instinct and care for Jin Gyeom which I loved but I thought she was wrong only on one case.. She thought Tae Yi travelled in parallel universe.. But we've seen Tae Yi actually travelled in same dimension. Because on episode 9 Jin Gyeom communicated with her with post it note from 2020 to 2021.

So she must've travelled in her own dimension.

I loved that scene very much by the way, clever work writer & Director nim.

I love this particular scene later when JG and TY met in front of their house and JG asked her where she went.. She replied that she went to met a friend.. a good friend.. I believe she was indicating Do Yeon. :)

I have a little understanding/theory whatever you call it. I don't know if it has been talked about before but I just started thinking how JG and TY can travel in their own dimension but Alice has a principal of taking people to a dimension that is different to their own. I think Alice offer that to their client so they can just appease/console their mind by doing whatever is troubling a particular client.. that way nothing major changes in the actual dimension of Alice. Alice time card can take some one to his own dimension past/future but Alice just doesn't offer that feature to it's client in order to avoid unnecessary events( tho those events happened anyways and they're just not taking enough action to stop it :rolleyes:) But illegal time travelers travel in their own dimension because they either want to change something or want to stop changing of something whichever benefits the them/teacher. They needs to time travel in their own dimension in order to set things right(!). If they can't make the necessary changes in their own dimension it won't really benefit the "teacher-nim." 

Anyone has any thoughts to share about it?

19 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also, I don't get why they are showing Tae Yi crying over Jin Gyeom's body like it's a memory. That shouldn't be a flashback because 2020 Tae Yi has not witnessed it.  

That must've been an editing mistake..:sweatingbullets:

The one big question hovering in my head is..... 

Since when did detective Ko become an accomplice.. And with his mark behind his ear..he is also a time traveller... Or he is like a broker...??? 

And I have already fallen for Min Hyuk aka Kwak Si Yang... :wub:

43 minutes ago, PoisonIvy said:

The one big question hovering in my head is..... 

Since when did detective Ko become an accomplice.. And with his mark behind his ear..he is also a time traveller... Or he is like a broker...??? 

And I have already fallen for Min Hyuk aka Kwak Si Yang... :wub:

@PoisonIvy, yes, we think Detective Ko is from the future and a time traveler with the Teacher’s organization. I also wonder where is the Ko from this timeline. When was he swapped? It did seem as though Ko is fuzzy on some of his past memories with his wife, so it sort of implies that he wasn’t the version who shared those memories with her. Hopefully we will find out more in episode 11 though we will have to wait until the following weekend. 

Heh. Yes Min Hyuk is an interesting character. It was nice to see even him can get emotional. 

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

But we've seen Tae Yi actually travelled in same dimension. Because on episode 9 Jin Gyeom communicated with her with post it note from 2020 to 2021.

So she must've travelled in her own dimension.

Anyone has any thoughts to share about it?

I still think it was another dimension. My explanation is that 2021 Tae Yi never took down the notes. Rermember, 2020 Tae Yi took down the notes but she still saw them in 2021. The Photo of them taken at the amusement park still exists in 2021 but 2020 Tae Yi deleted that photo. Even if 2020 Tae Yi were to save Jin Gyeom. The Jin Gyeom in 2021 dimension would still be dead.         

47 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I still think it was another dimension. My explanation is that 2021 Tae Yi never took down the notes. Rermember, 2020 Tae Yi took down the notes but she still saw them in 2021. The Photo of them taken at the amusement park still exists in 2021 but 2020 Tae Yi deleted that photo. Even if 2020 Tae Yi were to save Jin Gyeom. The Jin Gyeom in 2021 dimension would still be dead.         

You may have missed it. Check out 36:36 of episode 10.. You'll see Tae Yi takes those said post it notes from her pockets looking at those same post it notes in the wall. The ones from her pockets are bit oldish taken from her time travel in 2021. She takes the notes from wall down at her hand too. She becomes worried thinking about the impending future of Jin Gyeom while watching those notes from 2020 and 2021 side by side.

I just wish the show would handle the time travel side of things less clumsily but more importantly deal with the relationship between Tae-yi and Jin-gyeom a lot better, without flirting with romance tropes/cliches. They're giving people all kinds of unnecessary heebie jeebies and the show will pay for this. I have no doubt that Jin-gyeom's fascination with 2020 Tae-yi is really about guilt and regret for how he didn't value his time with Mum and his failure to protect her. Do-yeon's right about this and Tae-yi's response shows that she kinda gets it but feels obliged to protect him... although I'm not sure how when she can barely protect herself. On her side, there might be more ambiguity but I personally can't see how a woman can be flattered by comments that the only reason why she's fascinating to a man is that she's a dead ringer for his mother. 

My own view is that this show is essentially about family. How it cuts across space and time. That was loud and clear in Jin-gyeom's interactions with Min-hyuk and Go Hyeon-seok (Ahjussi). He's the son of two fathers -- one he knows well, who was there for him while he was alone in the world but is possibility guilty of more than one crime. The other father is one he barely knows. Their interactions are usually nothing more than  JG hurling accusations and a degeneration into fisticuffs. All that's understandable. I imagine that one of them will save him from the other.

I don't care what SBS says about the future and present Tae-yis being two different people. There are too many uses of paradoxical causal loops at play here that this is (only) about parallel universes. If it is the case that Mum Tae-yi and Prof Tae-yi are two different people, the execution is certainly at fault. 

More thoughts here:

Archived