[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Yes, she sure did. I was surprised when I saw that it was a boy that she dreamt of and then later in the episode we see the little boy again, this time with 2050 Tae Yi, and we find out he is indeed Jin Gyeom. I did a binge watch of all six episodes today before watching episode 7 and they didn’t show JG so young in episode 1. He was about 7 years old in episode 1.

Anyway, I notice that in Tae Yi’s dream she’s dressed more like her fashionable self and the little boy calls her mom. I wonder if that dream means anything  because it looks like she was in a school and she shoves little JG into the classroom to protect him against the knife wielding attacker. What I also find strange is that Tae Yi says she finds Min Hyuk familiar despite the fact they had never met before. In any case, without Min Hyuk, there will never be another JG born. 

Maybe in this timeline, the second Tae Yi gives birth in the actual future and don't go back in time to 1992. I think there is a second Min Hyuk that the viewers and the main characters have yet to meet. Remember, the Min Hyuk that we know is from the first Tae Yi's timeline. Not this timeline.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've just finished ep7 with eng subs.

in 1995 at the children's day carnival, when Jin Gyeom was 3 and Tae Yi was 8... i'm assuming it's only at that moment that Park Sun Young (the future Tae Yi came back in 1992) realized that the little girl she saved and left in the orphanage was her young self. also possibly linked the dots that Dr. Jang with the Book of Prophesy was her dad.

as for Detective Ko, for him to actually be able to have instructed someone from 2050 to illegal time travel to 2020, killed Tae Yi's friend, abducted Director Seo... he could have been someone from 2050 but lingering in the past since 1992 or much much earlier even before Min Hyuk and Tae Yi came to find the book. he mentioned to Jin Gyeom that he lost his son due to a genetic heart problem? (i can't remember..) what if, that was a lie and his son could have been part of the Alice organization (eg. Min Hyuk or the other high level guy).

the thing that i can't grasp right now is, if according to Jin Gyeom's time travel experience.. a day spent in the past (2010) is equal to a week in the present (2020), how about those people from Alice (2050) who have been spending the whole month (assuming the drama plot all happens within a month) here in 2020?

1 day 2010 (past) = 1 week of 2020 (our present)

30 days 2020 (past) = 30*1 week of 2050 (their present)

is that also the reason why Tae Yi could  not have gone back to 2050 (or 2020, assuming she didn't actually come from 2050 but supposedly joined Alice a few years after 2020) since she time travelled and stayed from 1992 to 2010?

18 years (past) = 7*365*18 days of either 2020 or 2050 which equates to additional 126 years... no one is able to outlive that. which is probably the reason she is as good as dead the moment she decided to stay in 1992 to give birth to Jin Gyeom.

Romance :wut:

no no noooooo

I think next episode Min Hyuk will start working with them more. He all ready gave important  clues and saved TY. I think once all of them started working together and actually sharing information instead of keeping it to themselves. They will solve. Who is behind all of this. 

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

the thing that i can't grasp right now is, if according to Jin Gyeom's time travel experience.. a day spent in the past (2010) is equal to a week in the present (2020), how about those people from Alice (2050) who have been spending the whole month (assuming the drama plot all happens within a month) here in 2020?

IMO, I think he can go back to the exact moment he has left. The time card just randomly sent him a week later. 

“Alice” Achieves Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

eb5df2deac5346f485ad2ea3f7571bdc.jpeg?s=

Sep 19, 2020
by E. Cha

SBS’s new drama “Alice” is still going strong!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 18 episode of the sci-fi action thriller starring Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun scored average nationwide ratings of 7.4 percent and 8.6 percent for its two parts.

While the ratings marked a slight decrease in viewership from the drama’s previous episode last week, they set a new record for the highest viewership ratings that “Alice” has achieved to date on a Friday, when viewership is typically lower compared to Saturdays.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426353wpp/alice-achieves-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

IMO, I think he can go back to the exact moment he has left. The time card just randomly sent him a week later. 

Maybe can go back to the exact moment but not in the same universe as he left. because while he's gone, the timeline of that universe keep moving. If he want to go back to the same universe , then he cant go back to the exact moment he left. It just my theory tho', could be wrong...

42 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I believe this person is an older Jin Gyeom.  Not first Tae Yi's killer. 

I also had this idea in my mind. Older Jin Gyeom or older Seok O won. Since I believed that he was the killer, I thought of Seok O Won first. Who knows why he is there? Let`s find out more informations.

About ep 7. Min Hyuk knows that another time traveler is targeting Tae Yi and he wants to save her too. When he will realise who is Jin Gyeom?

Detective Ko. We all knew that he knew something more than he let it out but it was a susprise to see him behind the kidnapping of Seok O won. And he knows about the Book of Profecy. He has the book now. He did not took/adopt young Jin Gyeom out of carying? He had an agenda all along? He is an interesting character. He cares for Jin Gyeom but he also has his own agenda. Probably The Profesor promised him to save his son?

The scientists who worked on the discovery of time travel are now trying to stop it? Who is The Professor?

I wonder if it is not Dr. Jang Dong-Sik from 2050. Or someone close to Yoon tae Yi. Yoon Tae yi? Seok O Won? With these multiverses evertything is possible. The Book of Profecy was written in the future. How come Dr Jang had it in 1992? He was not susprised to see the time traveler and he knew what he wants. Why he has the surname Jang and his daughter Yoon? It is not their real name? They were hiding? I am not sure that Tae yi`s mother really died at child birth. How convenient to explain why she was not there. If Dr Jang is not from the future why he had the book?  Why is so important to have this Book of Profecy? It says how to stop time travel? That`s why a person from the past can have it? Yoon Tae Yi has the last pages of the book and she will remember about them later.

I hope I can answer these questions until the end of the drama.

I love this drama but I wish there are less scenes with the man from the future trying to kill Yoon Tae yi (2020). It becomes repetitive.

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Arrive At Their Temporary Home In “Alice”

8e1ea06eedca4d3a8e0f1cc9e0da3472.jpeg?s=

Sep 19, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Alice” has revealed new stills of Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun!

“Alice” is about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective searching for his mother’s killer who ends up investigating time traveling assassins who use a mysterious device called “Alice.” In the process, he meets Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun), a genius physicist who looks exactly like his mother.

Spoiler

Previously on “Alice,” Yoon Tae Yi was threatened by Joo Hae Min (played by Yoon Joo Man), a mysterious serial killer suspected of being a time traveler. In addition, it was revealed that Yoon Tae Yi is the daughter of Dr. Jang Dong Sik (played by Jang Hyun Sung), who was killed in 1992 because he had the prophecy. Park Jin Gyeom realized that Yoon Tae Yi actually caught a glimpse of the prophecy and decided it was best they live together so that he could protect her.

In the new stills, the two characters arrive at Park Jin Gyeom’s old house. It was where he lived with his mother Park Sun Young (played by Kim Hee Sun) until she died in the very same place ten years ago. Park Jin Gyeom and Yoon Tae Yi pause in front of their temporary residence, and they gaze at each other with soft determination.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426374wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-arrive-at-their-temporary-home-in-alice

7 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Yoon is the surname of Tae Yi's foster family. Tae Yi's younger sister is named Yoon Tae Yeon.  

Thanks. I did not pay attention to this. Silly me.

No episode of drama ceases to surprise, does it? We all were suspecting Detective Ko of hiding things and knowing things, but we never saw this coming. Him kidnapping Seok O Won. But I don't think he is a time traveler, or is under the command of "The Teacher". Had he been part of it, he would have killed Seok O Won, the fact that Seok O Won is alive means either detective Ko has got his own agenda, or there is something else. This guy does not look to be ultimate baddie. Despite all this, knowing Park Sun Young to have approached him, him trying to protect Jin Gyeom, Tae Yi, I still find him suspicious. Since we are talking about someone's future self being the "The Teacher", what if it is Seok O Won's one? Seok O Won does look to be genuine with his claims and really looked to be willing to give the book to Jin Gyeom. 

Min Hyuk seems to be going lone wolf mode initially before joining Jin Gyeom and co. for the investigation. He surely will start having trust issues with Alice, search for Tae Yi 1 which the Alice director was saying to have happily married someone. One thing they made clear was both Tae Yi were Professors and scientist. They have been continuously giving us hints about both Tae Yi being the same. At the same time they are teasing with the possible romance, which many people are wondering will happen or not. 

As for their romance, I don't its gonna happen. Prof. Tae Yi is suspecting Jin Gyeom to have crush on her and even he is not able to explain what he is feeling for her. Maybe its because he is reminded of his mom whenever he sees her, and that's why he has been firmly denying to like her whenever asked. Maybe Tae Yi will realize it when she'll see his mom's photo.

Now coming to her dream, I wonder has she been having those dreams or was this the first time? That definitely was Jin Gyeom as many of you pointed, but what does it signify? I mean it is not just for the sake of showing she will be his mom in future, also the guy following them in a strange kind of robe, could he be the "Teacher"? Something seems off to me about that dream, maybe I am overthinking.

I think episode gave us a lot to think about than some useful info. I am still not buying Seok O Won to be suddenly supportive after being shown shady for almost all episodes. He has the book of prophecy, knows some one will die in a similar manner, but did he really not know his group will be targeted? Given the fact that his name was also in the book. 

Coming back to Tae Yi, we were first thinking in first timeline Jang Dong Shik was alive and so Tae Yi sort of lived a normal life. But I think it is the opposite, in the first timeline too Tae Yi grew with this family given the fact that she has surname "Yoon". There were theories of Jang Dong Shik coming from future too, but if he really did so, his choice of weapons was really bad. But we cannot ignore the fact that he knew about time travelers, he had the book in his possession. So even if he was not time traveler, we have someone here who gave him the book and don't know who it is. 

So far so good, the drama has been going in nice direction with good twists, but I really hope they'll not mess up the story with unneeded romance and plot holes. 

PS: In the official music video of OST Secret, we had seen they were saluting to the grave of Detective Ko, so chances are this dude is going Lone Wolf mode and investigating stuff because maybe his son was related to time travel or other stuff. But we also see Tae Yi in car accident and that car blowing up, so things are gonna get more messy very soon. 

PS2: Do Yeon is Love, she has been stealing all the scenes she has been in.

@larus How are you, my dear chingu :wub:

you mentioned "The Book of prophecy" was written in the future. How come Dr Jang had it in 1992? "

To my understanding for the logic, "Book of Prophecy" has to be written in the past, not future, that's why the book content can predict the future. Director Seok seen it and knew that there would be more killing events happening soon that he mentioned in EP 6. Everyone from the future wants to get rid of this book. If we understand the concept of that prophecy and science are always in opposition , then it make sense that the future people want to destroy it as the prophecy hold the secret of the future.

Aside from the drama, many of us are curious about the future while scencist do not believe unless they work on the hypothesis to prove it. The time travel card is one of the good examples. Science operates on the assumptions that explain natural phenomena until they prove it with evidence. We need scientists continue to explore new discovery and evaluate any occurred events.

For this drama, to be frank, i am not so keen on the romance part of the storyline, i am more interested on how the writer lead us to? The last page of the book of Prophecy was torn away and held by the young FL. 

-There must be key secret on this last page

-Who is the teacher? Dr Jang died on EP1?

-What is the agenda behind for Old Detective Ko?

To be frank, I prefer the Book of Prophecy to be destroyed in the end, we don't need to know too much of the future. By Not knowing too much of the future, it fosters learning of oneself and drives us to improve and explore more. :)

The best part of the quote began in the opening statement on Ep 7 :

"Do not trust in the future,

Bury the dead past, and 

Act in the present"

2 hours ago, larus said:

I also had this idea in my mind. Older Jin Gyeom or older Seok O won. Since I believed that he was the killer, I thought of Seok O Won first. Who knows why he is there? Let`s find out more informations.

About ep 7. Min Hyuk knows that another time traveler is targeting Tae Yi and he wants to save her too. When he will realise who is Jin Gyeom?

Detective Ko. We all knew that he knew something more than he let it out but it was a susprise to see him behind the kidnapping of Seok O won. And he knows about the Book of Profecy. He has the book now. He did not took/adopt young Jin Gyeom out of carying? He had an agenda all along? He is an interesting character. He cares for Jin Gyeom but he also has his own agenda. Probably The Profesor promised him to save his son?

If it is older Jin Gyeom, wouldn't that mean at least in one timeline Jin Gyeom was unable to stop the time travel and maybe he did not try to save his mom, because it was needed for it? I think that old man is "The Teacher", we'll see whatever his identity is, so I'll still bet on Seok O Won, if the option is between Seok O Won and Jin Gyeom.

As for Min Hyuk realizing Jin Gyeom being Tae Yi's son, I think it will be when they'll start working together. He'll either see their photo at his apartment or there must be some photo of them in their old house. What I am trying to say is he'll come to know about it accidently. Jin Gyeom might show his mom's photo to Prof. Tae Yi, but we have seen how secretive he has been, he even has doubts about his mom being the third person in Dr. Jang Dong Shik's murder. 

As for Detective Ko, what are the chances that similar murders took place in past too and Tae Yi informed him about certain things? He was there when Tae Yi was murdered along with Seok O Won. We still don't have idea about either of them, but Seok O Won did not murder her, this was confirmed. But about Detective Ko, I think Tae Yi met him just before her murder, or at least had shared some information with him. Question is how did he come to know about Seok O Won having the book? Did Tae Yi tell him about it? Did Tae Yi realize Seok O Won was not the guy she thought he was and informed Detective Ko about it? But he definitely knows about the book as you mentioned.

But there is also a high chance that Detective Ko was recently contacted by the Teacher and was asked to find the book in return of helping him save his son too. We might see him going rogue suddenly which would result in him being killed by The Teacher and thus we would see that scene where the Police officers would be saluting at his grave.

Something must have happened for Tae Yi to suddenly get interested in "The Teacher", some incidents should have happened for it, also given the fact that she shared a couple of messages with him and 3 calls. He could be the one to whom she spoke on phone as informed by the shopkeeper lady. Detective Ko taking care of Jin Gyeom could be one of the last wishes of Tae Yi which she told him in case something happened to her. She got involved with the infamous "Teacher", she must have thought of the worst things which could happen. I am suspicious of the Director of Alice too. I was suspicious of Oh Shi Young too, but she sort of just asked Tae Yi to never return as shown in the preview, so chances are she didn't get involved, although will have to see more in today's episode. But the director does know stuff. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

The scientists who worked on the discovery of time travel are now trying to stop it? Who is The Professor?

I wonder if it is not Dr. Jang Dong-Sik from 2050. Or someone close to Yoon tae Yi. Yoon Tae yi? Seok O Won? With these multiverses evertything is possible. The Book of Profecy was written in the future. How come Dr Jang had it in 1992? He was not susprised to see the time traveler and he knew what he wants. Why he has the surname Jang and his daughter Yoon? It is not their real name? They were hiding? I am not sure that Tae yi`s mother really died at child birth. How convenient to explain why she was not there. If Dr Jang is not from the future why he had the book?  Why is so important to have this Book of Profecy? It says how to stop time travel? That`s why a person from the past can have it? Yoon Tae Yi has the last pages of the book and she will remember about them later.

I hope I can answer these questions until the end of the drama.

I love this drama but I wish there are less scenes with the man from the future trying to kill Yoon Tae yi (2020). It becomes repetitive.

The scientists I think don't know about the fact that they'll be the ones to stop it. I mean Seok O Won must have lured them saying they'll discover time travel. 

Jang Don Shik to me as I said in my post too, seems to be actually from past (1992), who knew about time travelers since he was in contact with a few of them. If as they said the book is written in the future, then to me it looks like someone from future arrived and gave him the book. About Tae Yi's mother, it is of course convenient way of writing, but I'll for now trust that being true while having slight doubts about it. We have seen many writers using this way for their writings. 

People from future want that book because they don't want the time travel to stop. Be it "The Teacher" or The Alice, both of them have one single common objective and it is to not let time traveling stop. What I am more interested to know is, why both people from Alice and by The Teacher were instructed not to look inside the book? The main answer and key the page is in possession of Tae Yi I guess. 

You are right about the repetitive scenes of Tae Yi getting attacked, but I think we'll see some more attacks on her. As Park Sun Young had told Seok O Won that Prof Tae Yi will be key in stopping time travel. 

9 hours ago, kboramint said:

Maybe in this timeline, the second Tae Yi gives birth in the actual future and don't go back in time to 1992. I think there is a second Min Hyuk that the viewers and the main characters have yet to meet. Remember, the Min Hyuk that we know is from the first Tae Yi's timeline. Not this timeline.

I woke up this morning thinking this as well. That Tae Yi’s Min Hyuk probably exist in this current timeline. Also, I suddenly realized, because of yesterday’s episode, that JG’s mom Tae Yi is probably from another timeline. Since the Oh lady keeps telling Min Hyuk that this Tae Yi is not his Tae Yi, it really seems like JG’s mom decided to stay and give birth is a timeline or dimension that she doesn’t belong to. I was actually thinking initially that she simply went back to the past of her time but the conversations at Alice makes it clear that they’re from a different dimension. Also, in Kocowa’s notes in the episode yesterday, it seems there are limitless timelines/dimensions. 

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

in 1995 at the children's day carnival, when Jin Gyeom was 3 and Tae Yi was 8... i'm assuming it's only at that moment that Park Sun Young (the future Tae Yi came back in 1992) realized that the little girl she saved and left in the orphanage was her young self. also possibly linked the dots that Dr. Jang with the Book of Prophesy was her dad.

It might be the case. The kids were so cute together. In any case, Tae Yi definitely knew where to find her other self by taking SOW to her classroom and pointing out that SOW should invite her to work on the project if she dies.

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

I believe this person is an older Jin Gyeom.  Not first Tae Yi's killer. 

I thought the exact same thing when I rewatched episode 1 yesterday. However, perhaps it’s a JG from another timeline/dimension? The profile does look like JG with white hair. In Alice time, JG does exist. The head guy, Cheol Am said he’s at their police station still. He’s a detective there. 

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

No episode of drama ceases to surprise, does it? We all were suspecting Detective Ko of hiding things and knowing things, but we never saw this coming. Him kidnapping Seok O Won. But I don't think he is a time traveler, or is under the command of "The Teacher". Had he been part of it, he would have killed Seok O Won, the fact that Seok O Won is alive means either detective Ko has got his own agenda, or there is something else. This guy does not look to be ultimate baddie. Despite all this, knowing Park Sun Young to have approached him, him trying to protect Jin Gyeom, Tae Yi, I still find him suspicious. Since we are talking about someone's future self being the "The Teacher", what if it is Seok O Won's one? Seok O Won does look to be genuine with his claims and really looked to be willing to give the book to Jin Gyeom.

Min Hyuk seems to be going lone wolf mode initially before joining Jin Gyeom and co. for the investigation. He surely will start having trust issues with Alice, search for Tae Yi 1 which the Alice director was saying to have happily married someone. One thing they made clear was both Tae Yi were Professors and scientist. They have been continuously giving us hints about both Tae Yi being the same. At the same time they are teasing with the possible romance, which many people are wondering will happen or not. 

As for their romance, I don't its gonna happen. Prof. Tae Yi is suspecting Jin Gyeom to have crush on her and even he is not able to explain what he is feeling for her. Maybe its because he is reminded of his mom whenever he sees her, and that's why he has been firmly denying to like her whenever asked. Maybe Tae Yi will realize it when she'll see his mom's photo.

Now coming to her dream, I wonder has she been having those dreams or was this the first time? That definitely was Jin Gyeom as many of you pointed, but what does it signify? I mean it is not just for the sake of showing she will be his mom in future, also the guy following them in a strange kind of robe, could he be the "Teacher"? Something seems off to me about that dream, maybe I am overthinking.

I think episode gave us a lot to think about than some useful info. I am still not buying Seok O Won to be suddenly supportive after being shown shady for almost all episodes. He has the book of prophecy, knows some one will die in a similar manner, but did he really not know his group will be targeted? Given the fact that his name was also in the book. 

Coming back to Tae Yi, we were first thinking in first timeline Jang Dong Shik was alive and so Tae Yi sort of lived a normal life. But I think it is the opposite, in the first timeline too Tae Yi grew with this family given the fact that she has surname "Yoon". There were theories of Jang Dong Shik coming from future too, but if he really did so, his choice of weapons was really bad. But we cannot ignore the fact that he knew about time travelers, he had the book in his possession. So even if he was not time traveler, we have someone here who gave him the book and don't know who it is. 

So far so good, the drama has been going in nice direction with good twists, but I really hope they'll not mess up the story with unneeded romance and plot holes. 

PS: In the official music video of OST Secret, we had seen they were saluting to the grave of Detective Ko, so chances are this dude is going Lone Wolf mode and investigating stuff because maybe his son was related to time travel or other stuff. But we also see Tae Yi in car accident and that car blowing up, so things are gonna get more messy very soon. 

Excellent post as always. I enjoyed reading many of your points. I share your sentiment that this drama is always surprising. I hope it keeps up with good storytelling to the end. I also think that there’s probably more to Detective Ko’s story. To be honest, he did seem to want to solve the cases involving time travel so I definitely think there is more to be revealed. What exactly is his agenda though? We know his son died from a heart defect. Or is his agenda something different? Right now I also think SOW is sincere too in handing over the book to JG. He kept saying that JG wasn’t ready yet and JG had to realize some things on his own. I guess maybe he thought JG was ready now. However, as far as him knowing if his researchers will die, JG’s mom did show him that his name was mentioned in the book but maybe it didn’t mention they are the ones who would die. Perhaps his mention and the researchers mentioned are related to their breakthrough in science. I suppose only time will tell if the book of prophecy actually mentioned the names of who would die. 

Wasn’t it Oh Si Young who basically told the Alice director and Min Hyuk that Tae Yi is happily married? I think it’s the lady that told them this information. It seems that she’s the one who went to clean up the failed mission to retrieve the book and Min Hyuk returned to Alice. That Oh Si Young seems suspicious at times. I remember when Director Gi Cheol Am came into her work space one time she quickly switched the screen on the computer which showed she had been surveilling them on the computer before he entered the work space. She definitely seems to have an agenda as well or she’s covering up something. 

I honestly can’t wait to see Min Hyuk go off on his own or just give him more to do in this increasing danger. He’s a good fighter and he has more knowledge of the future so he would be valuable in this fight against this unknown enemy. Right now I think he’s underused just like some of the other characters. It’s the only issue I have with the writing. I would love to see Do Yeon do more digging up of stories. After all, she told JG before that there were many strange incidents that occurred in the past year involving drones appearing at the scenes. Make her useful like a Lois or something. I do like the fact that she uncovered the link between JG’s mom and prisoner LSH. It really helped the storyline leading JG to find out about the book of prophecy.

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Couldn't agree more, Lee Da In has done excellent job in portraying "Do Yeon". I instantly smile whenever she is on screen, in episode 8 we get to see her do Karaoke with Tae-Yi. And her interaction with he boss is such a comedic relief and her rivalry with Tae-Yi  though frivolous but funny as hell :blush:

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

As for Min Hyuk realizing Jin Gyeom being Tae Yi's son, I think it will be when they'll start working together. He'll either see their photo at his apartment or there must be some photo of them in their old house.

Or he might see JG's phone wall paper in which he has photo of him and Park Su-Young, I am more interested in how he will react to it, like, JG is the reason why she left him and eventually led to her death. So, I there will be a resentment against JG initially, but as they work together he might embrace him.

But there is also a high chance that Detective Ko was recently contacted by the Teacher and was asked to find the book in return of helping him save his son too

I think this will be the reason behind his death, like, everyone who tried to change the past have met with unfortunate events, but they got Alice to help them out, in Detective Ko's case, I think who ever is instructing him will leave him high and dry

I am suspicious of the Director of Alice too

Well, Director of Alice seems to be oblivious of everything that's been happening inside and outside Alice, like every time he is been briefed, he was sort of shocked and was like "Why wasn't he kept in loop". He sort of looks like a typical Manager or Bureaucrat at top level, just keeping the seat warm for someone to take over when he goes back to head quarters, that's what MH said to him after he shot the police in initial episodes

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

JG’s mom did show him that his name was mentioned in the book but maybe it didn’t mention they are the ones who would die. Perhaps his mention and the researchers mentioned are related to their breakthrough in science. I suppose only time will tell if the book of prophecy actually mentioned the names of who would die. 

I think the book mentions only SOW name, like, SOW and few scientist tried to stop the time travel in order to restore the order. So, in order to keep the time travel a reality, Teacher's men are killing the researchers who are involved with SOW, ans I also think Detective KO is also in Teacher's payroll, it's really hard for Detective Ko to kidnap SOW and knock out his body guard all by himself.

@larus @Sleepy Owl, like @kireeti2 mentioned, JG’s phone wallpaper is a photo of himself and his mom. When I saw that I wondered how Professor Tae Yi hasn’t seen it yet. I figured that’s how Tae Yi will find out just how much the mom looked like her. What I find funny or sad is that JG doesn’t know his mom’s real name is Yoon Tae Yi. If he knew he would realize that Professor Tae Yi and his mom are the same people but from different timelines just like the moms in the kidnapping case. 

@kireeti2, about Min Hyuk’s feelings on JG when he eventually discovers he’s Tae Yi’s son, I would think he had a year now to regret his reaction to Tae Yi’s pregnancy. When he was looking for Tae Yi after he discovered the note in the hotel room, I think there was a wisp of regret on his face. He handled things callously and I think it’s only after he read the note that he realized how much the baby meant to Tae Yi. Also, it would be disappointing if Min Hyuk hasn’t changed one bit about this issue considering how much love Tae Yi has poured into JG, his son. Tae Yi didn’t die because of JG. Tae Yi died because she was in possession of the book of prophecy. She could have left the book with Min Hyuk but it’s obvious she wanted to protect her child as well according to what prisoner LSH said. Yet, all of this was her choice. She said as much to future JG when he returned to the past and she was dying.

4 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

about Min Hyuk’s feelings on JG when he eventually discovers he’s Tae Yi’s son, I would think he had a year now to regret his reaction to Tae Yi’s pregnancy. When he was looking for Tae Yi after he discovered the note in the hotel room, I think there was a wisp of regret on his face. He handled things callously and I think it’s only after he read the note that he realized how much the baby meant to Tae Yi. Also, it would be disappointing if Min Hyuk hasn’t changed one bit about this issue considering how much love Tae Yi has poured into JG, his son. Tae Yi didn’t die because of JG. Tae Yi died because she was in possession of the book of prophecy. She could have left the book with Min Hyuk but it’s obvious she wanted to protect her child as well according to what prisoner LSH said. Yet, all of this was her choice. She said as much to future JG when he returned to the past and she was dying.

I totally agree with you, it was Tae-Yi's choice to leave MH and MH should be partly blamed for not taking pregnancy  seriously and JG has nothing do with the things happened to Tae-Yi. Has a rational man MH should accept the above said things, but we have to understand that MH is sort of suppressing his feeling in order to serve Alice  best of his ability and he also mentioned that he does feel sad for letting TY go. But to suddenly if a person come to know that his dead child is alive and his lover/Girlfriend had died, will certainly give him a surge of emotions and he needs sometime to come in terms with it. So, yeah I don't(in my opinion) except him to receive JG warmly when he comes to know that he is his son. But yeah, he will do everything with in his power to protect him even if it means to sacrifice Alice

13 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

. What I find funny or sad is that JG doesn’t know his mom’s real name is Yoon Tae Yi. If he knew he would realize that Professor Tae Yi and his mom are the same people but from different timelines just like the moms in the kidnapping case.

Yeah, it is funny how he doesn't know his mom's real name. And also, PSY gave sort of vague instructions(well she was dying and had no time to explain in detail) to him, like, not to approach her if he sees her in future. And after all the things that he had seen, he still says to SOW that his mother was just an ordinary housewife on phone when SOW says that it was his mom who approached him and gave book of prophecy. So, it shows us that how little JG knows about his mom

36 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

I totally agree with you, it was Tae-Yi's choice to leave MH and MH should be partly blamed for not taking pregnancy  seriously and JG has nothing do with the things happened to Tae-Yi. Has a rational man MH should accept the above said things, but we have to understand that MH is sort of suppressing his feeling in order to serve Alice  best of his ability and he also mentioned that he does feel sad for letting TY go. But to suddenly if a person come to know that his dead child is alive and his lover/Girlfriend had died, will certainly give him a surge of emotions and he needs sometime to come in terms with it. So, yeah I don't(in my opinion) except him to receive JG warmly when he comes to know that he is his son. But yeah, he will do everything with in his power to protect him even if it means to sacrifice Alice

Yeah, it is funny how he doesn't know his mom's real name. And also, PSY gave sort of vague instructions(well she was dying and had no time to explain in detail) to him, like, not to approach her if he sees her in future. And after all the things that he had seen, he still says to SOW that his mother was just an ordinary housewife on phone when SOW says that it was his mom who approached him and gave book of prophecy. So, it shows us that how little JG knows about his mom

I think it’s equally true that JG won’t care about Min Hyuk so it’s not only Min Hyuk that might have an issue with the discovery that they’re father and son. If SOW hadn’t encouraged JG to find his father, poor boy didn’t even care who that person was. As far as he’s concerned, his father abandoned his mother and Detective Ko is his father figure. So, undoubtedly things won’t be all smooth sailing here. However, Min Hyuk being the adult, so to speak, shouldn’t continue to act like a kid. He looks like he feel sad about “his” Tae Yi and I think meeting this current Tae Yi is bringing that sadness to the forefront. Maybe Min Hyuk will also begin to blame himself after finding out the truth about the way “his” Tae Yi lived and died so he had better not be throwing any bitterness at JG. He’s the most innocent in all of this. 

JG, fortunately, has begun to realize his mom is more than he thought. He even mentioned that he’s afraid to find out who his mom was. 

@Sleepy Owl, I also believe Tae a Yi’s dream is not a simple one. I did wonder if her brain jumbled up some of the images she has seen in the past but why was little JG included in her nightmare? I wonder if she realizes she looks like that lady from the past who had a little boy at that children’s carnival. However, why is that little boy calling her mom? I know dreams tend to be jumbled and perplexing but I wonder if her dream will have significance. That scene really gave me the vibe of Sarah Connor and the Terminator tv series and movie. The robots at first tried to terminate her because she would give birth to a child who would become a world changer but then the mission eventually came to be kill the child.

Archived