[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

@larus Do you agree that Kwak Si Yang (Yoo Min-Hyuk) in this drama look so handsome, so much better look than in early years and in "WGM" variety show pair with KSY?

For me he looks the same. :D We can`t compare a movie/ kdrama role with (somehow) the real self. But I know what you mean. He looks in this role more mature, very stylish. I watched him in Chicago Typewriter also. I think he leaves an impression on viewers (especially on the ladies:D) and I hope he will get more important roles in the future.

I read the thread and I think more stuff is happening. I did not watch episode 12 yet. I will go watching.

Preview ep 13

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That final 2-3 seconds of episode, where we come to know Jin Gyeom to be an illegal time traveler who could actually be the murderer of Tae Yi. If he really was, how much terrified Tae Yi must have been, seeing her son point gun at him and what kind of emotions must have run through her. I don't know about others, but I in my deepest of thoughts would also never consider Jin Gyeom to be the murderer, his other form also. 

I believe, this Jin Gyeom, the time traveler one, is old Jin Gyeom, recruited by Seok Oh Won to kill Tae Yi. We know Alice has got devices which makes a person look younger. Chances are, the one at the door, with grey hair was indeed Jin Gyeom, but the one who killed Tae Yi. He killed her, took off the device so he would not be recognized by any one out, and explains him standing at the door, while Jin Gyeom crying at his mom's dead body. So, this Jin Gyeom, is older than even current Jin Gyeom I'd say, and not at the age of a high school guy. Because I think that young mom's plot where she could become young was used to explain this further in the story, and it would be a waste if that device is not used again.

Chances are that guy outside could actually be the "The Teacher" Seok Oh Won too. We know that Tae Yi had met him when she died, so chances are even this guy is older than what he looks like and is using that device to look younger. But Jin Gyeom the time traveler who killed Tae Yi is also in my opinion very much older and using the same device. 

Now coming back to the episode, I really loved how much Detective Ko really loved him, and even died while saving him. Glad to see my theory of 2 Seok Oh Wons happening, because it would be bad writing if this Seok Oh Won would be the same Seok Oh Won who wanted to help Jin Gyeom. From what we are seeing, Seok Oh Won has hired other versions of some good guys to be his men, and he is one of them too, feel sorry for Seok Oh Won. He died because Prof Tae Yi caused some changes in the timeline. Or did she meet the shady Seok Oh Won in 2021? 

As for Oh Si Young, well she tried to do a good work for a change, but was ignored by Min Hyuk. I do think she'll try to correct what she did and tell about it again to Min Hyuk, but it will too late and she'll end up dying. But this woman is crazy. How can she be so easily manipulated, like even if there is Tae Yi around, Min Hyuk will never look at her, never. But she seems to not understand it, looks for the simple solution, kill Prof. Tae Yi, which actually does not really end well, instead leads Prof. Tae Yi to 2010, where she ends up meeting Tae Yi, Jin Gyeom's mom.

I had said that, we need at least one more time travel to 2010, where Jin Gyeom and co. meet Tae Yi and learn about the actual truth and other things, which cannot be explained by anyone else. I wonder will we see Tae Yi being saved finally or not. But both Tae Yis meeting is a good thing, things will get much clearer in the next episode, plus Jin Gyeom has also traveled in 2010 seeing the previews, so hopefully we'll get a lot of info from his mom. 

I really want to see some more involvement from Min Hyuk, and not really want to see him dying just when he tries to do something, being betrayed by Director Gi. Got to see how much more screen time he'll get, but this guy really deserves more screen time here. 

As for questions about who wrote the book, I think we'll be getting it. Till now the writing has been good enough, almost explaining everything, on the right time. So things about Jang Dong Shik, and book, will be revealed, at the right time. Same will be the case with time traveler Jin Gyeom. By looking at previews, it seems like Tae Yi had got some ideas about Jin Gyeom being a time traveler too, but when would he change places with real one? Did he do it, when Detective Ko was ordered to kill Tae Yi, but he instead warned her about The Teacher wanting to meet her.

2 hours ago, larus said:

For me he looks the same. :D We can`t compare a movie/ kdrama role with (somehow) the real self. But I know what you mean. He looks in this role more mature, very stylish. I watched him in Chicago Typewriter also. I think he leaves an impression on viewers (especially on the ladies:D) and I hope he will get more important roles in the future.

I read the thread and I think more stuff is happening. I did not watch episode 12 yet. I will go watching.

Preview ep 13

I have already fallen for Kwak Si Yang.. And you spoke my thoughts... About his getting important roles.. :wub:

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't know about others, but I in my deepest of thoughts would also never consider Jin Gyeom to be the murderer, his other form also. 

I never thought of that either. The thought of future Jin Gyeom to appear in the story, yes, I even thought he could be the future Teacher but I give up this thought because I could not imagine him ordering the murder of his mom. But with all these paralel universes it is possible to be an evil Jin Gyeom.

We still don`t know for sure who killed Tae Yi from Alice but we are getting closer. I also like that Tae Yi (2020) called Hanji University to know more about his father. I think we need some explanations about Jang Dong Sik.

Captan Ko was indeed like a father to Jin Gyeom and he died to save him.

I am glad that Jin gyeom is alive but I think the scene at that lake was too contrived for me. Seok O Won was about to shoot Jin Gyeom and he saw Captain Ko coming and left the scene (Where?!!!!!) just for Ko had the oportunity to come close to Jin Gyeom but Seok came back again. I think the idea was that Seok did not see captain Ko coming but heard that someone is aproaching and he didn't guess corectly where he was coming from. The editing was very confusing.

I also agree that Min Hyuk deserves a little more screen time and a more important role in this story.

On one hand, Alice in Wonderland is a Rabbit Hole. On the other hand, I think this story line is only built for 12 episodes, 14 max which is pushing. I think, because this show is trying to keep everyone on edge and stretch the story to 16 episodes, this show will border on the edge of ridiculousness with new ooos and awes that it will be tiring at the end for me to care. An example of this is "Evil" Jin Geom. It is starting to give me sluggish flashbacks of another show based on an unfinished webtoon "The Item" which tried the same thing, but crashed and burned as a result.

Oan, the actress that plays "psycho" "I wish I was your girlfriend, but since I am not, I will kill your baby mother instead", has a habit of choosing desperado roles. This will become her 4th show in such a role; it is time she changes it up. Her character on this show is expired and should be done.

MH and JG are both silent and dont share the information with others.

I hope that will change. 

JG needs to know the truth and start trusting his father.

They will be much stronger as a team.

Ej87XkGU0AAMhQd?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/milkyeunrai

@jellyI also noticed his slightly unbuttoned shirt but I didnt connect it with Alice. 

I just though...''wow...sexy''...:bashful:

EkDuMuAUwAAhvLi?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/holyfckinhaein

22 hours ago, larus said:

I never thought of that either. The thought of future Jin Gyeom to appear in the story, yes, I even thought he could be the future Teacher but I give up this thought because I could not imagine him ordering the murder of his mom. But with all these paralel universes it is possible to be an evil Jin Gyeom.

We still don`t know for sure who killed Tae Yi from Alice but we are getting closer. I also like that Tae Yi (2020) called Hanji University to know more about his father. I think we need some explanations about Jang Dong Sik.

Captan Ko was indeed like a father to Jin Gyeom and he died to save him.

I am glad that Jin gyeom is alive but I think the scene at that lake was too contrived for me. Seok O Won was about to shoot Jin Gyeom and he saw Captain Ko coming and left the scene (Where?!!!!!) just for Ko had the oportunity to come close to Jin Gyeom but Seok came back again. I think the idea was that Seok did not see captain Ko coming but heard that someone is aproaching and he didn't guess corectly where he was coming from. The editing was very confusing.

I also agree that Min Hyuk deserves a little more screen time and a more important role in this story.

I just checked Detective Ko's death scene again, and it sort of seemed like Seok Oh Won hid before Detective Ko would arrive. We hear him shouting Jin Gyeom's name, and see Seok Oh Won leaving. Although they could have done better work in portraying that scene, but it was fine, could be much better. But Seok Oh Won knew it Detective Ko, since he heard his voice. 

I am also glad that we'll be getting some info on Jang Dong Shik. As for Tae Yi's death, I am not totally sure about it, but Seok Oh Won was definitely there, since he told Jin Gyeom that his mom asked him the same question. Time Traveler Jin Gyeom or Director Gi could have killed her though, we'll have to see. And yes, since they have include parallel universes, we see evil Jin Gyeom here, but I really need some good reasoning for it too. 

As for Min Hyuk, along with him I think even Do Yeon is underused in the plot. She was shown to be extremely smart, who very soon came to the conclusion about time travel, like very easily was convinced, and that too by things happening around and not with Jin Gyeom telling her about it. So I was really looking forward to see her as the brains in the investigation, but with only 4 episodes remaining, I don't really think we'll be getting much significant involvement from her. But I really do hope that it happens. Both these characters are special in their own way, have got some really good abilities and the only thing I was a bit disappointed with was they not getting much screen time or more involvement in the story, especially Min Hyuk, who as Alice agent could do a lot in the story. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

As for Min Hyuk, along with him I think even Do Yeon is underused in the plot. She was shown to be extremely smart, who very soon came to the conclusion about time travel, like very easily was convinced, and that too by things happening around and not with Jin Gyeom telling her about it. So I was really looking forward to see her as the brains in the investigation, but with only 4 episodes remaining, I don't really think we'll be getting much significant involvement from her. But I really do hope that it happens. Both these characters are special in their own way, have got some really good abilities and the only thing I was a bit disappointed with was they not getting much screen time or more involvement in the story, especially Min Hyuk, who as Alice agent could do a lot in the story. 

Yeah, I think so too. These two characters had real potential to make the plot more interesting. MH always brings intensity whenever he is in the scene and Do Yeon brightens the scene whenever she is in the scene. These two have charm of their own, like they should have given more screen time to these two instead of relying too much on flash back. It is also quite frustrating to see only main characters all the time and this makes the drama rather dull and shows us no variations. Other comic relief are good in they own way, but these two characters could have used for furthering the plot and not only for comic relief and action scenes.

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I just checked Detective Ko's death scene again, and it sort of seemed like Seok Oh Won hid before Detective Ko would arrive. We hear him shouting Jin Gyeom's name, and see Seok Oh Won leaving. Although they could have done better work in portraying that scene, but it was fine, could be much better. But Seok Oh Won knew it Detective Ko, since he heard his voice. 

Why leave? It doesn`t make sense. It was an easy way to let Detective Ko arrive to Jin Gyeom before Seok O Won would kill him. The logic way to do is for Seok O Won shoot anyone who came to the scene. Or kill Jin Gyeom first if that`s what he wanted to do. It was a scene that should be thought a little different. But I understand why they chose this way.

It was a dumb move just how we see often in action movie/dramas when someone puts a gun at an enemy (the good guy, of course) and then he loads the gun giving time to the victim to escape. :lol:

And I was looking to see if in this episode Jin Gyeom is putting the gun on Min Hyuk again. Enough already! But it was good that he did not do it this time. :D

6 minutes ago, larus said:

Why leave? It doesn`t make sense. It was an easy way to let Detective Ko arrive to Jin Gyeom before Seok O Won would kill him. The logic way to do is for Seok O Won shoot anyone who came to the scene. Or kill Jin Gyeom first if that`s what he wanted to do. It was a scene that should be thought a little different. But I understand why they chose this way.

It was a dumb move just how we see often in action movie/dramas when someone puts a gun at an enemy (the good guy, of course) and then he loads the gun giving time to the victim to escape. :lol:

And I was looking to see if in this episode Jin Gyeom is putting the gun on Min Hyuk again. Enough already! But it was good that he did not do it this time. :D

Yeah, the most logical way for Seok Oh Won was, shoot Detective Ko, while he arrives and then kill Jin Gyeom, or just kill Jin Gyeom and then Detective Ko, but well, as you said, this is something which happens a lot of times in action movies/dramas. 

Yes it would the nth time he would point gun at him. I don't even remember how many times it has happened till now. One of the good things of the episode was revelations. Prof. Tae Yi realizing she is carbon copy of Jin Gyeom's mom and understanding Jin Gyeom's behavior and actions towards her, which she must have till now mixed up with him having a crush on her and also remembering his mom. She must have never thought she would be that similar to his mom. Also second revelation about her father, which came from Min Hyuk. Hopefully we'll be seeing more about Jang Dong Shik, also about the actual author of the book. 

Yes, I'm still watching. It's frustrating and increasingly I'm coming round to the opinion that it would have been better off as a 12 episode drama like 365: Repeat the Year and Train. It's still a highly watchable drama with much to like about it so it's a blessed shame the plotting isn't tighter.

The juggling act in the most recent episodes has been very mediocre compared to what it was in the first half. Part of the problem seems to me to be that the show really doesn't know what to do with 2020 Tae-yi. Kim Hee-seon is obviously a drawcard for this drama but in the last few episodes she's running around trying to play detective and not being at all successful while maybe even putting herself in harm's way. I don't think she's a well-written character to be frank. Because they've got her "investigating" -- doing the work of people like the cops and Do-yeon -- the supporting characters are now relegated to being props, scenery and comic relief. The biggest joke is that 2020 Tae-yi has largely become irrelevant except as a mum clone for Jin-gyeom to play out his mummy issues. I'm not laughing because it's damaged the show. Not irreparably of course. But they're doing something that annoys me about many Korean dramas. People on the same side doing their own thing without coming up any new revelations. It's obvious to me that they're protracting  things to delay the endgame as much as possible. What I think the show should have done is delve more deeply into the origins of Alice and/or the Teacher death cult. It's lamentable really how the second tier characters have been increasingly short-changed in these last few episodes.

The highlight of the most recent episode is the tribute the show pays to the Ko Hyeon-seok (Ahjussi) character and justifiably so. His role in Jin-gyeom's development goes beyond mentor. But he, I think rightly pays the ultimate price for the untenable position he put himself into with his involvement in what essentially looks to be a death cult. It was the logical outcome for a conflict of interests if his affection for Jin-gyeom wasn't an act. 

I don't mind that the show waxes philosophical as that is to be expected in a science fiction drama. There's definitely a place to explore the ethical and moral issues when there's so much at stake. Those are some of the better parts of the show where time hopping is a mess and doppelgangers roam freely. Moreover, the drama does a reasonable job of creating that sense of urgency of what's at stake with the body pile-up but I can't help feeling that they're leaving a lot to be untangled in the remaining episodes.

I say more here

Okay... I watched the last two episodes. Second Tae Yi travels back to 2010. She finally meets first Tae Yi. Wait, why does Jin Gyeom have the chicken pox? Also she not only remembers that first Tae Yi was at the house where her dad died, but she remembers first Tae Yi taking her to the hospital. She remembers her as her "mother". Also, what a twist after a twist. At first I thought Cheol Am was "The Teacher" but it turns out that Seok O Won is "The Teacher". 

What is going on? 

I end up loosing words when I have too many things to say. So here I am after (semi)collecting my thoughts on latest episodes.

First of all loved how they explained and summed up Chief Ko’s Arc (Except the mismatched age-I think Alice should explain how they control Age in future or something)..Yes, he was suspicious with him keeping things secret from Jin Gyeom.. But His hearty interaction with JG always seemed genuine. So if they ended showing us that he has been using JG since the beginning it’d have been really OOC and heart breaking.  Glad that it wasn’t the case and I also believed him to be genuine in his care for Jin Gyeom, so glad to see it was the case and heartbroken to see the inevitable moment- His death!

He previously came in 2010 just so he can see his wife for some time Healthy and happy. But unfortunately he committed to do something grave in exchange.. Glad that he ultimately did not go through it. I remember when Jin Gyeom was cleared of charges Chief Ko said reminded JG to be good to his mother as his mother go through a lot to clear him name. He must have felt for this little family hence later tries to warn Yoon Tae Yi.

It was a very sad as well as opportunistic (!) moment when his 2010 self died and asked him to take care of his wife... Opportunistic because I don’t think he could go back to his actual timeline even if he wanted because Ki Cheol Am wouldn’t leave him alive if he didn’t do his side of the job- that is killing/finding Yoon Tae Yi. As his 2010 self-died he found his reason to live here and back in his past life with a added bonus- Jin Gyeom.

While I saw many getting frustrated that why JG is overlooking Chief Ko’s activities when it was so obvious that he is not normal I was on the other hand very happy..Because that expressed the growth of Jin Gyeom as a empathetic and emotional human. He was introduced to us as someone blunt and unable to express his feelings but here he is arguing with himself and others for someone who he have no biological relationship with.

When he was accused of murder in high school he thought it was okay that people was accusing him becuse the situation was against it, all the proofs are against him.. So when his mom said that she'd only believe him and asked him if he did it he told her " What difference does it make if you trust me?" and his mom replied "To me that's most important-- because you're my son." Before this JG may never have the idea that belief and opinions can be objective depending of relationship.

And this time after all this years JG himself experienced it--- He thought of believing in Ajusshi because of he trusted their bond. Must be a proud moment for Omma Tae Yi. :approves:

I loved it how he first told Tae Yi---

EkEwuxvVgAISygs?format=jpg&name=small

And then this to Min Hyuk----

Spoiler

And yes I feel heartbroken for Min Hyuk too..He had to listen to this when all he may be wanted to say is that I AM YOUR FATHER.. But I think this a tribute to Ajusshi.. This scene shows very well that how much Jin Gyeom values Ajusshi. He didn't argue with Min Hyuk that ''you're wrong, I am not suspecting him, there must be something else." Because he knew others wouldn't understand it. So he ends up saying the gist ''He's like my father so back off." Oh Min Hyukie..:tears:

And finally...finally Mr. Ko got to share his story with the one who needed to hear it most.. also he gets to hear what he always wanted to hear from Jin Gyeom “Father.” But we know Jin Gyeom has treated him like a father for a long time. He has directly and indirectly tried to express it to him many times. The way he says that-------------- “I too was…very happy, Father.” :bawling:

Ajusshi leaving his wife alone..he must've felt very sad-- but he focused one more important things.. things he was happy about... meeting with her again and meeting JG. I hope he was less sad leaving when he got to hear those treasured words from JG.:tears:

Sorry for this long rant on Jin Gyeom and Ajusshi..I don’t know if it’s only me.. But I was really taken with how Ajusshi treated JG or his friend like DY. That showed his sincere love and and care and I was also very interested in their story since I saw this scene rather this confession from JG-

EkMjaS8U4AA5pQ_?format=jpg&name=large

Here, Ajusshi said to him that it may not have been a good idea to let Jin Gyeom live alone. JG said that he didn’t wanted to live Ajusshi’s house.. which means that he was very at home in their place.. Enough that he didn’t want his own place like young people or adopted people would usually like to do. This coming from a blunt person like JG spoke volume to me.

Now about the Papa Min Hyuk's situation..It’s sad to see him working alone, behind the scene, getting misunderstood by people who matter to him...So frustrating! But I don’t think it’d help Min Hyuk’s case any better with JG if he knows about Min Hyuk’s real identity right now.. Because JG is just so aggravated without him knowing that MH is his real father, if he knows he might resent MH more thinking he must’ve left his mother with a child alone, never were there when he was needed etc..

EkB2o9uVkAE_rvi?format=jpg&name=large

So MH really need a right time so he can confess with a bit confidence that “I am your FATHER.” With just 4 episodes at hand it may seem that there’s no time to wait for right time but one thing I have noticed with Alice that sometimes lots can happens in one episode like episode 11-12. So I hope Alice have done a good job in that section so we can see the most anticipated father son bonding. Though sometimes I feel like they’ll have to show an epilogue after few years in order to show a proper father son happy ending because these two are just so fighting all the time. I am hoping they’ll have some understanding when they’ll work together to destroy Alice.

I also have a feeling JG may already have an idea who MH is..Because he is always around Tae Yi now a days. Asking him to take care of Professor. JG is always asking him “Who are you?” “What right Do You Have?” . It’s just feels like he is daring MH to say the words… may be it’s only me.

I was not surprised to see Teacher twist because I expected it, liked it as well.. That underlings not knowing who the actual teacher is. I also liked it that they revealed these two twists all in one episode. Otherwise it would have been dragging.

One thing I really don’t understand why they are always mentioning multiverse? Do they really believe they are travelling in Multiverse? If so how does it helps one traveler to change anything. I mean it may help them in healing like in the case of Ko Hyun Seok, Yun Soo Omma and other traveler because they wanted to just meet their family another time. But How does it help traveler like Ju Hae min, Seok Oh Won who actually wants to change/unchange their future. If one wants to affect one’s own future they’ve to travel in their own universe. So why does Seok Oh Won keeps talking about multiverse? If anyone have any idea please help me understand.

I have more to talk. Mostly about Tae Yi- Jin Gyeom. But will have to share later. This already ended up being too long!!

Started watching Alice a couple days ago and finally caught up with the drama. Honestly, it is incredibly done, I constantly keep questioning who the bad guys are and what is actually going on in the show especially after the last episode. 

Did JG travel from the future to kill his mother? What is actually going on, by the way he is dressed it looks like he is in his school uniform, however it does not seem as if the current JG did kill his mother, he would've remember and after her death he seem to have a very difficult time actually coping with her death, his main objective being to catch the one person who murdered his mother. SOW obviously knows something, why did he not deny to killing JG's mother when they were at the lake, instead he revealed himself as the culprit. Which leads to another question who is actually the head of the Alice HQ? 

To add to JG's mum's killer I feel as if the actually messed up JG came from a different dimension, because we know that the current JG in 2020 is born via future TY an MH who came from 2050. Honestly, I am just lost with the timeline at this point.

I would like to say that I am so happy that Chief Ko didn't turn out to be the bad guy and genuinely cared about JG, he was the father that JG needed in life and after 10 years there's a difference in JG's behaviour in a positive way. My hat goes off for Chief Ko, I really hope they get to meet each other again especially since he is back in 2010 again.

Now the confusing part I honestly have no idea what route this drama is going with the aspects of romance, in a way there has been so many scenes romanticising TY and JG, but that be so messed up especially since she is practically his mother they share the same DNA even though they are from the different time line, I do not see anything happening with current TY and MH as they haven't really had many interactions and to her he is just a stranger who was present during her father's murder.

Another thing I am confused about is that if TY was born sometime in 1980s the how is TY from 2050 still looked so young especially since she was the one who created time traveling. In 2020 she is 32 and we know that time traveling became available in 2050 so would she have not been 62 then? But still managed to become pregnant accidently and looked very young when she came back to 1992, she only started aging as she started living in that time period..

Overall, love this drama I really hope they will manage to answer those plot holes and give us the ending that we deserve, love the concept of time travel as it is something that does seem possible for us in the future.

3 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

Another thing I am confused about is that if TY was born sometime in 1980s the how is TY from 2050 still looked so young especially since she was the one who created time traveling. In 2020 she is 32 and we know that time traveling became available in 2050 so would she have not been 62 then? But still managed to become pregnant accidently and looked very young when she came back to 1992, she only started aging as she started living in that time period..

I think first TY travelled to the future sometime between 2020-30 and decided to stay and join Alice. She then got pregnant and decided to stay in 1992.    

So many times Tae Yi was so close to seeing JG mother’s picture but the chance always slipped somehow. I have always thought this Tae Yi needed own personal experience or attachment with Jin Gyeom so she would not be burdened to be there for  JG..if she has no personal attachment with him it is as if  young her taking care of a big boy because he might be her son!

For JG it was easy to take care of Prof. Tae Yi..doesn’t matter if she was not actually his mother. I mean even though she’s not the mother, one will always feel close and protective of someone who resembled their closest people to the extent Prof. is to mother. That’s why for JG it was an easy choice. It was a responsibility JG would gladly take because he never got to do those things for his mother when she was alive.

But for Tae Yi it’s complicated.. We can’t expect one to grow attachment because she will be his mom one day if situation was different. That is a type of obligation one may feel as burden if they do not find this personal attachment. So Prof. Tae Yi needed her time and experiences with JG so he can become important to her and not just some rude, weird burdensome guy who thinks about his mom whenever he sees her.

Like MH said to Tae Yi “A person becomes who they are based on the experiences they have on their time.”

Honestly I wouldn’t like to attach myself with someone who says I look like someone close of him unless I already like him enough to know it’s okay, I know him. And I personally do not ask further question when someone (whoever that is) says I look like their such and such. I have been situation like that two or three times. In JG’s case JG never really wanted to talk about Tae Yi about how look alike she is to his mother after he was back from first travel.

So what I am trying to say that TY needed her own attachment with JG so she would go on in this dangerous journey for JG not just theory that I am his mother by default! Does that justify those romantic (!) scenes from past episodes... May be few of those scene was unnecessary(I particularly found 2 scenes questionable)  but other scenes were actually quite comical and got interrupted by Do Yeon as if to create entrance for DY.. Those scenes can be actually explained differently.. But for that different explanation I will have to watch till the end so I can be sure that I am not reading too much… Alice team is fond of reverse twist. So we never know what happens.

Also what many assumed Tae Yi may have a crush on JG but when she went to purchase the wallet for JG the sales person asks her if it was for her boyfriend.. She simply said it’s for someone she’s thankful for. Does it not explain that her attachment to JG is not romantic?

EkA2BH_UcAALypQ?format=jpg&name=large

EkA2BhsU0AAU65G?format=jpg&name=large

I kind of expected Tae Yi going through this emotional phase when she’ll see how JG’s mother and her are exact copy of each other. That’s because it’s one thing to be similar to someone but it’s totally different thing to be the carbon copy.. It’s expected reaction from her..I feel for her. Suddenly she has to question her identity to these people---Do they actually see her when they see her!

But she’ll come around when she sees important things are at risk. She doesn’t even have proper time to think about it as she has been already teleported to the past.

It was also interesting to see among so many things her memory got triggered from her memory where Min Hyuk (and also Tae Yi) was present. “I am Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice.” I think Min Hyuk must be repeating this line all the time so it can be used for this reason. I expected for “I am Jin Gyeom’s Father” too but this turn of event is actually a pleasant surprise to me..Alice really has way of revealing things in interesting timing.

And finally the moment has arrived. Two Tae Yi met. Can’t wait to see what they will be talking about.

Finally the shocking indication from teaser.. Scary Jin Gyeom..Is he a traveler? Is he the killer? I wouldn’t depend too much on those cherry picked and placed lines from teaser because they’re intentionally manipulated like that. I don’t think he is the killer.. I also have a feeling he may not be a traveler because that would make 3 Jin Gyeom in one timeline too complicated.. I am thinking about a possibility of effect of illegal time travel around young Jin Gyeom or some kind of side effect that affected him.

Seok Oh Won in his lecture mentioned about Butterfly Effect.. So far we haven't seen any implementation of this theory here, have we?

Leaving a cute pretty picture of team Alice from Lee Da In's Instagram. Lee Da In previously shared another picture of just four of them in the front..

Spoiler

EiKqw0QVgAEyszS?format=jpg&name=small

At that time I concluded it was taken in day when they shot Jin Gyeom's death scene by seeing their dress up..But now that we're ahead in the picture they're specifically taken from Cheif Ko's death scene. Alice team did a good job in detailing in this aspect considering both of the scene happened on the same day.

EkA6ROOVoAE3qn7?format=jpg&name=small

Watch: Joo Won Battles Cold Weather And Broken Props In Rehearsal For Tense Gunshot Scene In “Alice”

8d315da567f645df856f038d04e30ebf.jpeg?s=

Oct 15, 2020
by C. Hong

On October 13, SBS released a behind-the-scenes video behind the epic showdowns in “Alice.”

“Alice” is a time travel drama about a detective named Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), who is searching for his mother’s murderer, and a genius physicist who looks exactly like his mother named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun).

In the new behind-the-scenes video, Joo Won, Choi Won Young, and Kim Sang Ho rehearse their tense armed showdown by the lake. Handcuffed to a signpost, Joo Won captures his character’s desperation as he begs Kim Sang Ho not to approach the dangerous Choi Won Young. Kim Sang Ho comes to free him, but the actor struggles with the lock because the key is too small. However, he perfectly captures the motions of his character being shot.

Joo Won and Choi Won Young also struggle with their prop guns in their shootout, with Joo Won’s gun coming apart in his hands and Choi Won Young’s not firing as scheduled. In the end, both actors stay professional and successfully complete the scene.

The next scene in the video is when Yoon Tae Yi character looks at a photo of Park Sun Young, Jin Gyeom’s mother (also played by Yoon Tae Yi), and realizes the truth. Although the scene is serious, the two actors keep joking as soon as the cameras stop rolling, with Joo Won quipping that Kim Hee Sun sounded like she was rapping while delivering her lines and Kim Hee Sun looking at the photo of herself and joking, “She looks so pretty. The prettiest in the whole world.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431642wpp/watch-joo-won-deal-with-cold-weather-and-broken-props-in-rehearsal-for-tense-gunshot-scene-in-alice

Archived