[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

That reality was another alternative timeline.  

So then Detective Ko killed JG's Mom, and so did Director Gi, (per Si-Young), and so did JG himself

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Again alternative timeline. This isn't the same parallel world that Jin Gyeom first went to when he first travelled to 2010.    

Then the story makes no sense - each time JG/Tae Yi time travel they get evidence - but if each time travel resets the "whodunit" then they can never stop it - If they suspect Director Ko, nope sorry, in this time line its Director Gi, got him cornered? Nope, now its Cloak & Dagger JG

Even if the mysterious "Teacher" is behind all of this, he clearly can't track each of JG's time jumps - if thats what the writers are trying to sell then the train has jumped the tracks

I really hope they've got a better explanation in store than that

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So then Detective Ko killed JG's Mom, and so did Director Gi, (per Si-Young), and so did JG himself

The drama never really confirmed that either Detective Ko and Director Gi killed JG's mom. They were all accused of doing so. What we know is that the killer is the one that is wearing the hoodie and the drama is making us believe that's older JG but it could be a Red Herring and so we don't know who's the real killer.        

11 hours ago, white Life said:

I like Kwak Shi Yang more than JooWon here...:sweet:

You and me both. :wub: If for no other reason, I'm glad I watched this to have discovered Kwak Si-yang. I just want good things for Min-hyuk.

I was crying buckets when he was listening to Tae-yi's audio message. He was really good. But that whole sequence was so well done. Watched it twice and cried both times.

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

That reality was another alternative timeline.  

Again alternative timeline. This isn't the same parallel world that Jin Gyeom first went to when he first travelled to 2010.    

My view is that we're heading towards a Fringe type of situation and ending. To me they would have to be alternate timelines. The crossing over of alternate timelines creates havoc because time travellers from the future meddle with the past with varying results. I wouldn't be surprised that there are unethical time travellers who go back to the past regularly, do something a little bit different and see what results. A bit of tweaking here and there. Some kind of behaviourist experiment perhaps. That's the only way a reset would be possible and make sense if the time travellers behind the chaos and confusion come from a common future. Which seems to be the case. 

So what I'm saying in effect is that these alternate timelines are man-made. They have to be if they can be reset. What Jin-gyeom has in effect been doing is re-tracing the steps of what others have created. I note too that he's only ever travelled back to the past at a very definite time which suggests to me that it's some kind of scheme/plot by time travellers from the future.

The whole notion of parallel universes is fanciful to begin with so I'm not expecting too much logic.

I'm only on episode 12 and I'm liking all the new developments. I'm trying hard not to think about anything and just watch the show but it's impossible!

First of all, if 2020 Tae Yi realized Jin Gyeom's mom is actually another version of herself who time traveled, why doesn't she ask 2050 Tae Yi the pertinent questions like "what exactly happened" or "what time are you from?"

Second of all, if people get rashes because 2 of them exist in the same time, why doesn't 2050 Tae Yi and 2020 Tae Yi get rashes? Especially since they were practically living together for some time as mother-daughter. The logical explanation is she would get those pills from Alice but she apparently stopped contacting Alice after she stayed in 2010...

wow, that was some cray stuff going on in 13-14.

Had a moment of thinking maybe all these are red herrings and Taeyi is actually the child in the prophecy, because technically the person who first opened time traveling is Taeyi's mum, and Taeyi was the child that was born through time traveling, before Jingyeom. This woulda made sense cause Taeyi's mum fled with the book, thinking she was the person that opened time travel, hence she would be the one that receives punishment as per the book.

If that was the case, it happened according to the prophecy, cause Taeyi's mum died through childbirth, which means she indeed died at the hands of her child, so there was no way for her to kill her child to stop time traveling, unless she goes to the future to kill Taeyi.

However, i went to rewatch the prophecy lines, and found out that the line specifically said 아들 which means son, so i guess this likelihood is pretty much super low, if not impossible. 

But that means these are all just super confusing now, or like a major loophole, because technically the mum was the one that started time traveling, not Taeyi. Taeyi was just the one that made it easy for everyone else later through Alice. 

Gah, heaps of plotholes now, but im still here hoping it will be all explained. 

I don't know how this would end anymore. Possibly Taeyi (the 2020 prof taeyi we know), would have to kill the evil Jingyeom (Teacher), and then all of them would then cease to exist, including the 2020 dimension we are watching as this was one dimension that resulted from time traveling, as the original real timeline would have been the one pre Taeyi and Minhyuk and whoever making alice happen in 2050.

One last thing tho, her name is Yoon Taeyi in every scenario which is super weird, cause she shoulda been a Jang in the OG timeline. I guess if everyone's memories got erased pre alice, it would make sense - maybe she named herself Yoon Tae Yi there and therefore became Yoon Taeyi (instead of being Jang something). 

And then her foster fam would be just purely coincidentally also a Yoon ... cause her whole family's name is also Yoon.

I understand why Prof Yoon Taeyi's name is Yoon taeyi in 2020 because Park sunyoung named her Yoon taeyi due to her knowing her name is Yoon taeyi when she was in Alice and knowing the girl is her young self.

-EDIT- 

Okay guys i think i got it.

“The child who was born after the door was open will gain control of time”

^ I think this is Taeyi. 

Technically, her mum time travelled first (door was opened then), and her child that was born after the door was open is Taeyi. Hence Taeyi will gain control of time.

And i think they specifically left this vague, the word they used here is 아이 in this sentence - 

“The child who was born after the door was open will gain control of time”.

Whereas, on the last page of the book, they used 아들.

What this means is that Taeyi is the child born after the door was opened, and she will gain control of time - She is the Alice in the drawing... and she gains control of time, allowing Time travel to become a regular thing when she researched it in 2020, and possibly went to 2050 to set up the alice base with everyone else in Alice (director Gi, Minhyuk, Siyoung).

Thereafter, she goes to 1992, gives birth to Jingyeom who is now her son. But wherever Jingyeom was born whether in 2050, or 1992, the punishment has been laid from the moment she helped make alice and make time travelling a thing - she will die in her son's hands (aka Jingyeom).

Hopefully this is what it is as it will make alot more sense as to why the girl is called Alice, or why the show is called Alice, cause Alice should be the centre of the show, not just the fact it is the base of the time travelers that are not even the main two characters of the show.

Okay, so story has got a bit more complicated here. Firstly it is revealed to stop the time travel, Jin Gyeom was supposed to be killed, which Tae Yi didn't want to do. Also I had said stopping time travel will cause RESET which will also lead not Jin Gyeom's non existence. 

Now we need to know one thing, the time dimension/timeline to which Jin Gyeom had travelled was completely different one this time. Tae Yi was stabbed, with the knife which has been drawn on the second last page of the book. I wonder whether all the events happening are as per the events mentioned in the book. You see till now Tae Yi was shot to death, in both the past events, there was also Alice drone, which we don't really know was present here or not, but Tae Yi was not shot. Stabbed by the hooded figure who also happens to be Jin Gyeom. Let's talk about his hooded dude, if this is Jon Gyeom, what are the chances that he is the older version of Jin Gyeom. Remember seeing an old guy or a person with gray hair when Tae Yi had died the first time? What if this is him. What if TIME has taken the form of Jin Gyeom? Of course that would make things a bit unreasonable, but we'll have to see who this hooded dude really is. 

Coming to the theory that since meeting your past self/doppelganger you'll start sharing memories and will start changing. Well, it could be right, but, we see Jin Gyeom's actions being controlled by the hooded figure who is also him as per DNA results. This is something I really need an explanation in. You see, Jin Gyeom literally met Jin Gyeom of past just once and that too very briefly. So I don't think it makes sense for him to suddenly start having memories of the other ones. Which he actually is having. For Prof. Tae Yi she spent a very long time with Tae Yi (Jin Gyeom's mom). Since we have got many answers for our questions, I am more than hopeful to get answers for a lot of things next week. 

I am sure that we'll be seeing what actually happened in 2010 and who killed Tae Yi. We still have many suspects, and no one is proved to be the one yet. Seok Oh Won had said that he was present and Tae Yi asked him the same question which Jin Gyeom asked him just before dying. Plus the knife which was used to stab her this time, is also seen in the hands of Seok Oh Won. Director Gi does have some hands in it, since the Alice drone was present there. Plus Detective Ko had told Jin Gyeom that Tae Yi was shot with the Alice gun. So it is still unclear who killed her. Plus since Tae Yi didn't really tell him who the killer last time too (during his first time travel), chances are it was Jin Gyeom in hood only. 

I am still not really convinced with the hooded guy being Jin Gyeom. No, I am not the hopeful type, but I need to see the face here. I was actually thinking we'll be seeing it, but no we could not. Yes, as per DNA they are the same person, faking it would also be a bit unreasonable. But there should be a reason that we still didn't see that guy's face. 

I do believe that time travel is the one which caused alternate timelines. You travel in the past, meddle with it and BOOM alternate timeline created. I wonder if same things gave birth to Jin Gyeom in hooded figure. Whatever happens in his past will not really affect Jin Gyeom in present, so we'll be seeing what the case is. What is clear is that the high school Jin Gyeom was not really the killer here, since 2 out of the 3 times he was not present in the scene and the third time, he didn't have the knife. 

I am more worried about next week's episodes. Most of the preview was seeing Do Yeon, Min Hyuk, Dong Ho, all being held at gun point or in serious danger. Let me say, if Do Yeon is killed I riot :kicks:.

What I think is, there is definitely some other way in time travel to stop, and not just simple by killing Jin Gyeom. There is definitely more to it and we'll be seeing it next week. Hopefully we'll get all our answers.

@kboramint since you mentioned about Do Yeon possibly be Tae Yi's mom, I am gonna place my bet on Yoon Tae Yeon (Prof. Tae Yi's younger sister). She really needs to have some more role in the story apart from setting table in restaurant and delivering food, don't you think? :joy:

Chingus, a new poll is up! Thanks to @Sleepy Owl for all the awesome questions! :kiss_wink:

Please vote! The poll will be up until Friday morning.

re: @Lmangla

Btw, why are there so few likes of posts in this thread... ?  I gave you all a like (even though I'm not watching the drama). :joy: Seems you guys have great thoughts. :kiss_wink:

I have a feeling the timelines got entangled because of time travel by Park Jin Gyeom. This is not really other dimension. They’re in some kind of time paradox. It just feels like they're(The Seok Oh On and Co.) mixing and matching things in line with what already happened in order to make it align with the prophecy.

In actual 2010 everything was okay with Young Jin Gyeom.. But this time in parallel 2010 some things got changed. Young Jin Gyeom seemed to be getting affected by dark force.

In Ep 3 we see Seok Oh Won reading the prophecy book “The moment the child becomes time traveler, the prophecy will begin to be fulfilled. But the moment of fate has not arrived yet.” This means the prophecy did not begin or not fulfilled in actual 2010. It started after Jin Gyeom traveled from 2020 to 2010.

So what do we have in prophecy.. it is something about “Her getting killed by the hand of her own son/creation.” But in actual dimension or timeline the Omma was not killed by the son because the prophecy was not started but in this parallel dimension there’s possibility of prophecy getting fulfilled because this timeline has been corrupted.

In ep 12 we see Seok Oh Won visiting Omma Tae Yi’s grave and saying “Let’s see if you can save your son again.” That means last time Omma Tae Yi was able to save her son. From what? From getting affected by dark force, from doing prophesized things, from having that kind of ill fate...

In Ep 1 we saw Omma Tae Yi forbidding Jin Gyeom to entangle himself if he meets her again..so he’ll not discover time travel that makes him travel time and triggers the moment of prophecy.

Anyways as much as it looks to other people like to Prof. Tae Yi or Good Seok Oh Won (If there’s any) that Omma Tae Yi was trying to stop time travel or something like that her bottomline was to stop that fulfillment of prophecy so her son can be saved from such ill fate-killing his own mother. Do yeon in this respect is reading people’s intention more clearly, must be because she lived with these people(JG and Omma) and knows how they actually are. She claimed ----If Omoni was trying to do something, it must be because of Jin Gyeom.. Because she was a kind of person who lived for her son!

In Ep 14 Omma Tae Yi said to Papa Min Hyuk “Our Jin Gyeom should never meet the teacher. If he is not stopped, same thing will be repeated.” This seems alarming.. How can same things start again!

Who could that teacher be? The one under cloak?

According to Prof. Tae Yi’s DNA test they concluded the cloaked figure as Park Jin Gyeom. But don’t parents also share 99% of same DNAs too…

img.gif

Also thanks to Alice for two tear jerking scene from ep 13 and 14.

A matured and more expressive Park Jin Gyeom finally sitting down and having a talk with his mother.. His mother telling him 19 years she spent with him was full of happiness because of him..Mom's are like that. They forget all hardships as long as they see their child growing up well and healthy. :tears:

And This.. :bawling:

Alice owed us this a conversation between Min Hyuk and Tae Yi... They're not in front of each other still so much feels. This is such an awesomely done heart breaking yet satisfying scene! I wish it was a face to face conversation.. I so wish...

This are getting more complicated but there are some questions answered. But still so many questions to be answered.

I did not understand why Jin Gyeom`s mom (Tae Yi from Alice) did not tell everything to Professor Tae Yi (2020 Tae yi). She knew that Jin Gyeom will kil her or that he was the key to stop the time treval and she was not ready to stop it. She was looking for the other way to save her son?

I am glad Tae Yi found the missing paper. What is that snake? It is an oubouros? Jin Gyeom`s mom mentiond that if they don`t succeed to do something things will happen again. I wonder if it is not happening again at this time.

Time travel creat new universes/realities. It is a haos right now and I hope professor Tae Yi (2020) will find a way that the other Tae yi could not do it. Maybe she will have to take a difficult decision or she will find the explanation of all these things without affecting the existence of herself or Jin Gyeom.

It is good that they explained why Jin Gyeom is having this weird symptoms. When they traveled last time in 2010, Jin Gyeom met his past and future self. So far they met separately, but what happeneds when all three will meet?

My favorite part of the episode 14 was when Min Hyuk get the message of Tae Yi. It was a moment that I was waiting for so long. It was a needed moment in this drama. Both Tae yi and Min hyuk needed that moment. Just how I am waiting for Jin Gyeiom and Min Hyuk to have a meaningful conversation. 

I am waiting for the resolution of the whole story.

Before that, I am still wondering why Tae Yi`s mom came to the past, in 1986? If she was the first to time travel, that means that she created everything. Who was Tae yi`s mom? What if not Tae yi`s mom is the one who traveled but only young Tae Yi? Perhaps not but I feel I need more explanations about that travel to the past. And some answers. Who did the first time travel? Which is the real time of Tae Yi (from 2050), from where she came?  Tae yi from 2020 first traveled in the future when she discovered the time travel?

2 hours ago, Redpinkboxes said:

^ I think this is Taeyi.

I also thing this way but I am not sure. But what I am sure is that Tae yi is the key of everything. She created the time travel, she can stop it. Both Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi can control the time as they are the only ones who can travel past to present and viceversa without a time machine/device.  It is logical that she is that child if her mother traveled first in 1986.

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am still not really convinced with the hooded guy being Jin Gyeom. No, I am not the hopeful type, but I need to see the face here.

The DNA is a solid prove that he is but I am not sure why they did not showed his face. It is not to keep us guessing because we already suspected that the killer could be Jin Gyeom from the future. It was for Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom (2020) to not figure out yet? If they saw the old Jin Gyeom they will realise what is going on?

The other person who has a common DNA with Jin Gyeom is Min Hyuk but I think the DNA analysis would not have shown a compatibility of 98% then. It has to be Jin Gyeom (the future) from another dimension.

I am glad everything is going to be revealed. It is time.

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am still not really convinced with the hooded guy being Jin Gyeom. No, I am not the hopeful type, but I need to see the face here. I was actually thinking we'll be seeing it, but no we could not. Yes, as per DNA they are the same person, faking it would also be a bit unreasonable. But there should be a reason that we still didn't see that guy's face. 

Same here. Can't believe it without seeing face. Also Because---

1)omma gave her life so her son would not have that kind of fate.According to Seok oh Won She succeeded last time. If that happens it's waste of her sacrifice.

2)Jin Gyeom grew up with the vow of catching his mothers killer..If the killer ends up becoming him/his other self that just makes his life more pitiful than his life actually is even without this. Dimension or not the in essence both person are same- one right while the other wrong. If the hooded perosn is both killer and Jin Gyeom it's just weird as a story.

I am her with Do Yeon: 

Even if it's Jin Gyeom from another dimension, It's make no sense that he killed his mother."

Let me say, if Do Yeon is killed I riot .

Same. Jin Gyeom better be there on time. "IF DO YEON HAS EVEN ONE SCRATCH IN HER BODY... Writer will not be able to slip well at night for a long long time.."

Eh8yu2nU4AAle5x?format=jpg&name=large

4 hours ago, Redpinkboxes said:

^ I think this is Taeyi. 

Technically, her mum time travelled first (door was opened then), and her child that was born after the door was open is Taeyi. Hence Taeyi will gain control of time.

And i think they specifically left this vague, the word they used here is 아이 in this sentence - 

“The child who was born after the door was open will gain control of time”.

Was it not "The Child who born through the gate of time...."

Tae Yi didn't born through the gate of time.. She born later after her mother travelled and married Dr. Jang Dong Shik. On the otherhand Jin Gyeom went through wormhole as he was in Tae Yi womb.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, flutterby06 said:

I also have a feeling JG may already have an idea who MH is..Because he is always around Tae Yi now a days. Asking him to take care of Professor. JG is always asking him “Who are you?” “What right Do You Have?” . It’s just feels like he is daring MH to say the words… may be it’s only me.

I have previously said this. But now that it came true, I Kinda feel weird, sad that it actually happened. But it was quite obvious the way Jin Gyeom is always questioning Min Hyuk "Who are you to do this?" also JG was too smart to ignore how softy MH becomes first in front of Tae Yi and then in front of him. Angsty Father-Son..How far will you take it!

1 hour ago, larus said:

I did not understand why Jin Gyeom`s mom (Tae Yi from Alice) did not tell everything to Professor Tae Yi (2020 Tae yi). She knew that Jin Gyeom will kil her or that he was the key to stop the time treval and she was not ready to stop it. She was looking for the other way to save her son?

I am glad Tae Yi found the missing paper. What is that snake? It is an oubouros? Jin Gyeom`s mom mentiond that if they don`t succeed to do something things will happen again. I wonder if it is not happening again at this time.

Time travel creat new universes/realities. It is a haos right now and I hope professor Tae Yi (2020) will find a way that the other Tae yi could not do it. Maybe she will have to take a difficult decision or she will find the explanation of all these things without affecting the existence of herself or Jin Gyeom.

First of all it is my observation- Prof. Tae Yi has a way of looking at things in third person's point of view because she was not involved in the process. When both taeyi were talking in up stairs about Reset Omma Tae Yi definitely mentioned that "All time traveler will disappear." Here Prof. Tae Yi says "Isn't that what we all want?" I thought that is a very selfish thing to say. I mean not everyone who associated with time travelers are bad people yes things ended up becoming bad but to easily dismiss the thought of people disappearing is not a responsible thinking.

But Omma Tae Yi acting like a responsible person here.. because in theory she's is the one who created it. She has to act and find a reasonable solution that is well for everyone. Like she said "We have came too far to do that." Which may mean that too many people are involved in it or at risk if reset happens.

Also I don't think Jin Gyeom is the killer... I would rather wait for the last episode and see it myself before actually believing in it because of all these prophecy and logic.

But for argument let's say Another Jin Gyeom is the killer..what does that make of this Jin Gyeom who is not killer... Does he have to by default hold the status of murderer. Omma Tae Yi could clearly see how her son grew up so well, a person with good morality, with a sense of right or wrong exactly the way she wanted it to be.. So this is actually her truth.. The truth she always wanted to see and experience but if the other Dimension JG is the killer than his son's identity will be at risk. Omma Tae Yi has already told Prof. Tae Yi the necessary thing---to not be close with JG after she was back in her time, because it is dangerous.

I believe whatever the reason it is that Omma Tae  Yi isn't sharing with them it is because it is too much information for them to think clearly and take decision wisely. TMI at a bad timing can be very dangerous thing. 

And to end it I would like to focus on the fact Omma Tae Yi left Alice because she has chosen her son's future. Everything she is doing might be related to things that can ensure safety of Jin Gyeom.

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

The drama never really confirmed that either Detective Ko and Director Gi killed JG's mom. They were all accused of doing so. What we know is that the killer is the one that is wearing the hoodie and the drama is making us believe that's older JG but it could be a Red Herring and so we don't know who's the real killer.     

All good points for clarification - still those scenes should be explained. We only saw hooded JG swing the knife, We only saw Detective Ko outside the house with the knife, and we only have Si-Youngs word that it was Director Gi .... so tie it all together, and maybe the evil JG is running around with one of those face changing ear pieces ... maybe the Director of ALICE is actually the future JG?

Coming to the theory that since meeting your past self/doppelganger you'll start sharing memories and will start changing. Well, it could be right, but, we see Jin Gyeom's actions being controlled by the hooded figure who is also him as per DNA results. This is something I really need an explanation in. You see, Jin Gyeom literally met Jin Gyeom of past just once and that too very briefly. So I don't think it makes sense for him to suddenly start having memories of the other ones. Which he actually is having.

I think you're onto something - if the sharing of memories is the key consider, Tae Yi is only ever with 1 other version of herself. When 2050 meets herself as a child, and when younger Tae Yi meets JG's Mom. Her memory episodes are clearer and not as painful as JGs - JG however may be affected far worse as he is sharing timelines where 3 of him are in the same moment - Good JG, Younger JG, Cloaked JG, perhaps this overlay of crossing memories is driving him insane hence the older version is murderous - So perhaps the Key is Tae-Yi kills the evil JG( ie: the son ) just prior to JG's Moms first murder .... JG's Mom lives, JG never pursues a killer, and hence never time travels - He never meets future/past versions of himself - Min-hyuk returns to ALICE HQ and destroys it to protect his son, and prevent time travelers from ever going back ...

Let me say, if Do Yeon is killed I riot .

Right there with you .... :onfirex:

But I think our girl is safe ... 4 more have to die was what Seok O-Won said

1) Det Ko

2) Past version of Seok O-Won

3) Si Young

4) (insert TBD bad guy)

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

In Ep 1 we saw Omma Tae Yi forbidding Jin Gyeom to entangle himself if he meets her again..so he’ll not discover time travel that makes him travel time and triggers the moment of prophecy.

I think you nailed it with this.

Its gonna be a LONG wait til next Friday ....

LCO

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

So what do we have in prophecy.. it is something about “Her getting killed by the hand of her own son/creation.” But in actual dimension or timeline the Omma was not killed by the son because the prophecy was not started but in this parallel dimension there’s possibility of prophecy getting fulfilled because this timeline has been corrupted.

What if, the actual things happening is she dying at the hands of a time traveler and not really her son. You see, her first creation is Time Travel and not her son. What if just like Prof. Tae Yi is guessing, the book is all about cipher and metaphors and not direct. Then it could make sense, because till now apart from the last time, Tae Yi was shot with Alice gun, which means by time travelers, also in the last case, she was stabbed by knife bought in 2020. What if, even Tae Yi did not see the Hooded guy's face and just thinks it is her son? You see, I just checked it again, as Do Yeon had mentioned, in the ancient scripts even the creation was sometimes named as that person's "Son". So I don't really expect the book to be that direct. It sure will be metaphorical. 

Plus you see, there is something really important info back there in 2010 which is still missing, that's why I see Jin Gyeom always traveling back to 2010. 1 time is fine, but same things happening the second time is something I don't see fit for co-incidence. Also I wonder whether Tae Yi knew she was going to die on that day and didn't try anything because she accepted it as her fate. What if she would try to survive, of course her son might be in danger, but what makes things interesting is, even in 2020 Seok Oh Won tries to kill Jin Gyeom when he confirms he is the son of prophecy. Seok Oh Won if not The Teacher would not act alone, question is if Jin Gyeom was really supposed to die with the The Teacher and co. wanting it, why didn't they do it more. 

24 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

All good points for clarification - still those scenes should be explained. We only saw hooded JG swing the knife, We only saw Detective Ko outside the house with the knife, and we only have Si-Youngs word that it was Director Gi .... so tie it all together, and maybe the evil JG is running around with one of those face changing ear pieces ... maybe the Director of ALICE is actually the future JG?

I do expect that ear piece to be used again, otherwise it would be a waste of them introducing it like that and then not using it. Although that earpiece was not face changing one, but the making one younger one. Anyway, someone from Alice is really involved. But after so many info and episodes, we are back at square 1 in Tae Yi's murder. All three were present, but who killed is the question. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

I also thing this way but I am not sure. But what I am sure is that Tae yi is the key of everything. She created the time travel, she can stop it. Both Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi can control the time as they are the only ones who can travel past to present and viceversa without a time machine/device.  It is logical that she is that child if her mother traveled first in 1986.

I don't really think that Tae Yi has the ability to open the wormhole when in danger. The one in which she started to fall, I think it was Jin Gyeom who unknowingly opened it because he wanted to save Tae Yi. Because in the same she was only able to return when he opened another wormhole when he was shot by Si Young and time stopped. Plus the main reason I think the hooded guy stabbed Jin Gyeom was to send them back to 2020. He stabbed him in such a way that he would survive. But since her mom married Jang Dong Shik, got pregnant with her in 1980s and she was born then, I don't think she is the child of prophecy since she was not really born through time. But Tae Yi was already pregnant with Jin Gyeom when she time traveled back in 1992 and decided to stay. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

My favorite part of the episode 14 was when Min Hyuk get the message of Tae Yi. It was a moment that I was waiting for so long. It was a needed moment in this drama. Both Tae yi and Min hyuk needed that moment. Just how I am waiting for Jin Gyeiom and Min Hyuk to have a meaningful conversation. 

I think all of on this thread wanted this to happen. I really love how the writers gave us those two scenes. The first one being Jin Gyeom now being able to show emotions and express himself having one final meal with his mom which he always wanted to have once more. So he was sort of free from that regret and that scene as I said in my last post too, was very well directed and acted. 

The second one being Min Hyuk getting Tae Yi's message. We all wanted a talk between Min Hyuk and Tae Yi and it seemed not much possible until or unless he would travel back in time, but we finally got it in a different yet beautiful way. Plus I also liked that fact that Jin Gyeom had already figured out Min Hyuk possibly being his dad, but ignored it since he really didn't feel anything for him and also didn't want Min Hyuk to feel more apologetic to him, maybe. I loved the mature approach by Jin Gyeom. 

@flutterby06, @LeftCoastOppa I am happy that we are together with Do Yeon not getting hurt here. I was thinking in possible pairing of her to Detective Dong Ho with the scenes they were getting. But her line in Preview "I just want to be able to love you like I always have" this girl deserves to be loved back and needs to stay alive Chingus. If writer does something to her WE RIOT. :Furious:

PS: Chingus don't forget to vote in the polls above for the final episodes. :heartxoxo:

46 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

What if, the actual things happening is she dying at the hands of a time traveler and not really her son. You see, her first creation is Time Travel and not her son. What if just like Prof. Tae Yi is guessing, the book is all about cipher and metaphors and not direct. Then it could make sense, because till now apart from the last time, Tae Yi was shot with Alice gun, which means by time travelers, also in the last case, she was stabbed by knife bought in 2020. What if, even Tae Yi did not see the Hooded guy's face and just thinks it is her son? You see, I just checked it again, as Do Yeon had mentioned, in the ancient scripts even the creation was sometimes named as that person's "Son". So I don't really expect the book to be that direct. It sure will be metaphorical.

It always was a matter of debate whether the words of Prophecy are what it seems or something else.. I am glad Do Yeon showed us that this are actually metaphorical but I did not quite get how that can actually work in real life. So I am a bit lost here..I also noticed how the drama indicated that things could always be something else.

And it could happen that Tae Yi never saw the face...hmm..

I don't really think that Tae Yi has the ability to open the wormhole when in danger. The one in which she started to fall, I think it was Jin Gyeom who unknowingly opened it because he wanted to save Tae Yi. Because in the same she was only able to return when he opened another wormhole when he was shot by Si Young and time stopped.

I also think it was Jin Gyeom who has the ability to open wormhole without time card.. But I thought first time Prof. Tae Yi traveled was because of the time card. Future Ju Haemin was trying to activate time card and flee with Tae Yi.. But it ended up only taking Tae Yi. And Tae Yi also found the time card after she ended up in 2021. I thought she was back because time was setting things right after stopping for sometime for JG after si young fired the gun at her.

But now reading your POV.. It could happen too.

@flutterby06, @LeftCoastOppa I am happy that we are together with Do Yeon not getting hurt here. I was thinking in possible pairing of her to Detective Dong Ho with the scenes they were getting. But her line in Preview "I just want to be able to love you like I always have" this girl deserves to be loved back and needs to stay alive Chingus. If writer does something to her WE RIOT.

Definitely.. we riot.

I didn't see Detective Dong Ho having a chance as long as Jin Gyeom is not dead in front of Do Yeon. Her characterization just gave me that kind of vibe. So when I saw people talking about that I was thinking "It could only happen in a epilogue where everyone lives happily and Jin Gyeom is dead." :P

I would have go all the way with this ship if this wasn't such a MELO drama..The only problem is Jin Gyeom.. All he thinks about is finding the killer and he is a red alert because he is from future..But seeing all those sweet flashbacks from childhood just make me break all logic and wish for them to have a sweet hopeful ending.

Episode 14 is also intriguing in this matter.. Because it was interesting how both Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi was sent back to their respective family home.. and DY had to be present in JG's home. Also DY's scream was what brought back JG to his senses when he was possessed by the dark force. :wub:

Oh.. and I will vote in poll.. Just let me think a bit more if I should make some one dead or not. :(

22 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I would have go all the way with this ship if this wasn't such a MELO drama..The only problem is Jin Gyeom.. All he thinks about is finding the killer and he is a red alert because he is from future..But seeing all those sweet flashbacks from childhood just make me break all logic and wish for them to have a sweet hopeful ending.

Do Yeon and JG have to/will be together - While JG is currently VERY preoccupied with his mothers death and the time travelers involved, just remember the earlier episode where the young punk from the future came back to try and kill JG. He assaults Do Yeon first and calls JG on her phone, after which JG shoots him in the elevator - JG may not know how to show his emotions just yet, but he has them, and in that scene he makes it clear that if Do Yeon was harmed in any way, he was going to rip the life out of that guy ... 

JG loves Do Yeon - we're just going to have to wait a bit longer to see it  .... but its going to be so good!

:ohboy2:

47 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I also think it was Jin Gyeom who has the ability to open wormhole without time card.. But I thought first time Prof. Tae Yi traveled was because of the time card. Future Ju Haemin was trying to activate time card and flee with Tae Yi.. But it ended up only taking Tae Yi. And Tae Yi also found the time card after she ended up in 2021. I thought she was back because time was setting things right after stopping for sometime for JG after si young fired the gun at her.

But now reading your POV.. It could happen too.

Well she could have traveled in future because of Ju Hae Min's time card as you said, and came back because of Jin Gyeom opening the wormhole. I thought it could be Jin Gyeom, because the time card and Tae Yi fell away from each other, which could actually be direction mistake, but the fact that she had card in 2021 means she traveled with it as you said. Got to admit I had forgotten that detail. But what's important is, that in both scenarios Tae Yi didn't open the wormhole, and so she does not have any control over time.

As for Jin Gyeom and Do Yeon, I don't really think we'll be getting any direct answers regarding anything between them. We know that Jin Gyeom knows about her feelings for him. He has been constantly trying to make sure she is not involved because he has seen her get hurt because of time traveler. We have also constantly seen him tell her that he'll explain everything later and also continuously tell her nothing is going on between him and Tae Yi whenever she suspects. So he does care about her, and the fact that he has shared his home pin with her and also her toothbrush in there shows she has stayed overnight too sometimes, shows how close they actually are. But I think we can only hope that Jin Gyeom has got feelings for her. Maybe he has it and does not know it. Maybe he'll feel it when he'll know he can lose Do Yeon in the next episode. Whatever it is, I like how both of them really are. Do Yeon does not really push herself over to him, respects him not really liking him, and still cares about him. And for Jin Gyeom Do Yeon could be his only friend, we might add Detective Dong Ho to it too now. I really don't want either of Dong Ho and Do Yeon to die. 

I finally caught up to ep 14! I'm so confused just like everyone else. I'm starting to worry how will this drama end well and still tie up all the loose ends.

I still have issues with 2020/2050 Tae Yi, since it's so easy for both Jin Gyeoms to get the rash by meeting each other, why didn't the two Tae Yi's get a rash too? The only time when 2020 Tae Yi got a rash was after her first time travel in which she didn't even go near 2050 Tae Yi. Or is this because after that rash, she took Min Hyuk's pill which stopped her from getting a rash in the second time travel? 

About the dagger that was bought 10 days ago in 2020, I assumed the killer bought it and went back in time to 2010 to kill 2050 Tae Yi. Then he stabbed 2020 Jin Gyeom with it. Then 2020 Jin Gyeom returned to 2020 with the dagger and he has it ever since. But didn't I just see Seok Oh Won holding another dagger while talking to Director Gi in 2020? :unamused: And the storekeeper said there is only 1 dagger... Unless that Seok Oh Won is from 2021 and his dagger is also from 2021?

As for speculation, I'm thinking Do Yeon could be Tae Yi's mom. It's too late to introduce a new character at this point so it must be someone we already know. Plus, all those scenes to bring them closer together in 2020 must have a reason... If it's any hint, they were on a trip together in 2021 so that means 2050 Tae Yi could've been friends with her in 2050 too. 

2 hours ago, Sobayaki said:

I finally caught up to ep 14! I'm so confused just like everyone else. I'm starting to worry how will this drama end well and still tie up all the loose ends.

I still have issues with 2020/2050 Tae Yi, since it's so easy for both Jin Gyeoms to get the rash by meeting each other, why didn't the two Tae Yi's get a rash too? The only time when 2020 Tae Yi got a rash was after her first time travel in which she didn't even go near 2050 Tae Yi. Or is this because after that rash, she took Min Hyuk's pill which stopped her from getting a rash in the second time travel? 

About the dagger that was bought 10 days ago in 2020, I assumed the killer bought it and went back in time to 2010 to kill 2050 Tae Yi. Then he stabbed 2020 Jin Gyeom with it. Then 2020 Jin Gyeom returned to 2020 with the dagger and he has it ever since. But didn't I just see Seok Oh Won holding another dagger while talking to Director Gi in 2020? :unamused: And the storekeeper said there is only 1 dagger... Unless that Seok Oh Won is from 2021 and his dagger is also from 2021?

As for speculation, I'm thinking Do Yeon could be Tae Yi's mom. It's too late to introduce a new character at this point so it must be someone we already know. Plus, all those scenes to bring them closer together in 2020 must have a reason... If it's any hint, they were on a trip together in 2021 so that means 2050 Tae Yi could've been friends with her in 2050 too. 

Firstly Jin Gyeom of 2010 didn't only meet with current Jin Gyeom. He also came in contact with Seok Oh Won and maybe also with the hooded figure, where both of them are illegal time travelers. So he could have got rashes from him too. But yes, they are yet to explain the whole Jin Gyeom connected to other dimensions' Jin Gyeoms and also getting those rashes just by hearing their thoughts and sounds thing. 

As for Tae Yi well, it is not necessary you get the rash by time travel. Firstly the rash is not because you meet you past self or doppelganger, it is because of the radiation of the wormhole during time travel. Tae Yi not getting it during her second time travel in my opinion is a fine thing, not because she took the meds which Min Hyuk had given her, but because even Jin Gyeom didn't suffer from it the first time he time traveled. Which means it is not necessary thing to happen. 

Coming to the dagger thing. There are several methods for Seok Oh Won to still have it, even though the one they bought ended up with Jin Gyeom. How? They have included multi-verse for this only. Seok Oh Won could have easily traveled to another universe and bought it off, or as you predicted went to 2021 and bought/brought it, since in 2021 which was supposed to take place or at least to the one Tae Yi traveled, Jin Gyeom was already dead. 

Now Do Yeon being Tae Yi's mom, I don't really think would be happening. Firstly they even during the second time when they could have explained things, still said that Tae Yi's mom died in childbirth. This could be convenient writing by the writer. Bringing in Tae Yi's mom into picture and showing it to be Do Yeon, would be faced with some backlash from fans who are already not so happy with Jin Gyeom not being with Do Yeon and are still hopeful for it to happen. But then if Do Yeon really is Tae Yi's mom, she would be Jin Gyeom's grand mom, and it is too late for a drama like this to be included in the drama. Plus Tae Yi (Jin Gyeom's mom) would actually very easily recognize Do Yeon to be her mom which didn't really happen. So I think, the things which we'll be seeing from past would be Tae Yi's actual death. 

I've been exploring the concept of quantum entanglement as a metaphor for interaction between doppelgangers and for communication over time and space.

It's far too long to paste it all here but you can go to my blog post

Here quantum entanglement serves both as a sci-fi explanation for what's going on with Tae-yi and Jin-gyeom with regards to doppelgangers but also as a larger metaphor for the connection between souls across distance. We also saw examples of this in Tae-yi's final audio message to Min-hyuk, as well as Do-yeon's ability to sense things in relationship with Jin-gyeom and connect with him.

I’ve gradually come to conclusion that the biggest obstacle to clarity has been the fact that Mother Tae-yi is a self-styled enigmatic figure and an unreliable source of information. All the time she was running around for her son's sake, spouting cryptic comments, she was a woman with a mission. I should have guessed pretty much from the start that she was all about Jin-gyeom as was clearly shown in Episode 1. She gave up everything for him… including the man she purportedly loved so that her son could live with some degree of normality. The second mistake I made was trying to make sense of the time travel mumbo jumbo without giving more consideration to the traditions and mythological roots that the show was derivative of. Sure there were the obvious nods to Lewis Carroll’s Alice but I should have twigged a lot sooner that the Book of the Prophecy takes its tonal cues from the book of Revelation in the Bible. After mulling over the last page especially of the snake-like creature coiling itself around the Alice figure it finally struck me that the idea was drawn, in all likelihood, from Revelation chapter 12.

Tae-yi who birthed Jin-gyeom is possibly the key to making sense of all of this. She is portrayed as the quintessential Mother archetype in the Jungian schema. She protects her child at all costs, nurtures him and clings to the hope that despite the prophetic utterances of doom, he can transcend his birth defect and defy whatever destiny awaits him in the ominous future. As far as I’m to understand her, the reset has never been an option for her because it means that all the effort she gave to bringing JG into the world and raising him would be rendered meaningless. All the memories gone. He, they would be rubbed out of existence. Her maternal instincts revolted against that. As Do-yeon notes succinctly, “she lived for [Jin-gyeom]”. Moreover, both mother and son are figures from the future. Neither should have existed in the past. Mother and son are/were living, breathing paradoxes around family and friends. I would go so far as to say that their presence in the past upset a certain time-space balance as seen in the chaos that has resulted in the worst case scenario of doppelgängers killing doppelgängers, for instance to keep time travel going. I wonder too if that's why Mother Tae-yi has to die because some things have to happen for balance to be restored and she would only be a hindrance.

Read the rest here

Archived