[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've been exploring the concept of quantum entanglement as a metaphor for interaction between doppelgangers and for communication over time and space.

It's far too long to paste it all here but you can go to my blog post

Here quantum entanglement serves both as a sci-fi explanation for what's going on with Tae-yi and Jin-gyeom with regards to doppelgangers but also as a larger metaphor for the connection between souls across distance. We also saw examples of this in Tae-yi's final audio message to Min-hyuk, as well as Do-yeon's ability to sense things in relationship with Jin-gyeom and connect with him.

I’ve gradually come to conclusion that the biggest obstacle to clarity has been the fact that Mother Tae-yi is a self-styled enigmatic figure and an unreliable source of information. All the time she was running around for her son's sake, spouting cryptic comments, she was a woman with a mission. I should have guessed pretty much from the start that she was all about Jin-gyeom as was clearly shown in Episode 1. She gave up everything for him… including the man she purportedly loved so that her son could live with some degree of normality. The second mistake I made was trying to make sense of the time travel mumbo jumbo without giving more consideration to the traditions and mythological roots that the show was derivative of. Sure there were the obvious nods to Lewis Carroll’s Alice but I should have twigged a lot sooner that the Book of the Prophecy takes its tonal cues from the book of Revelation in the Bible. After mulling over the last page especially of the snake-like creature coiling itself around the Alice figure it finally struck me that the idea was drawn, in all likelihood, from Revelation chapter 12.

Tae-yi who birthed Jin-gyeom is possibly the key to making sense of all of this. She is portrayed as the quintessential Mother archetype in the Jungian schema. She protects her child at all costs, nurtures him and clings to the hope that despite the prophetic utterances of doom, he can transcend his birth defect and defy whatever destiny awaits him in the ominous future. As far as I’m to understand her, the reset has never been an option for her because it means that all the effort she gave to bringing JG into the world and raising him would be rendered meaningless. All the memories gone. He, they would be rubbed out of existence. Her maternal instincts revolted against that. As Do-yeon notes succinctly, “she lived for [Jin-gyeom]”. Moreover, both mother and son are figures from the future. Neither should have existed in the past. Mother and son are/were living, breathing paradoxes around family and friends. I would go so far as to say that their presence in the past upset a certain time-space balance as seen in the chaos that has resulted in the worst case scenario of doppelgängers killing doppelgängers, for instance to keep time travel going. I wonder too if that's why Mother Tae-yi has to die because some things have to happen for balance to be restored and she would only be a hindrance.

Read the rest here

What I am actually loving about this drama is, they are somehow connecting most of the things happening with scientific theories and using them to reason those things happening, which does make sense when we check them online. I really loved how they used the "Quantum Entanglement" for it. I was watching the drama, and suddenly Min Hyuk says "It is because of the Quantum Entanglement" and I was like Wow, you guys even brought it in this and it was done so casually and smartly. Same with the way how Tae Yi actually found the secret chamber using the Ideal Gas Theory. So having watched some other kdramas too having the time travel and multiple universes in them, this is the first one which is actually giving scientific connections to everything happening. 

Well as for mother Tae Yi, it was always Jin Gyeom. We all knew about it, but Do Yeon confirmed it for us. The main worry for her is that if RESET happens, Jin Gyeom would cease to exist to, because he was never supposed to be born in 1992. The biggest anomaly are both mother Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom and thus the book of prophecy wants them both dead. We have seen Tae Yi dying, and that by the hands of her son/creation, which could be Jin Gyeom's "evil twin" from another universe or even TIME having taken up Jin Gyeom's appearance (I have been having this theory, but even to me it could be weak as theory). Anyway, what matters is Tae Yi actually got killed by her creation which is a time traveler, be it Jin Gyeom from another universe or someone else, but because she is the one who discovered/invented time travel, time travelers are also her creation.

Since Tae Yi's maternal instincts were coming in the way and also she having found a way to stop didn't go for it, shows why she gave the book of prophecy to Seok Oh Won and told him to include Yoon Tae Yi in the project. I think she had realized that it cannot be done by her, so wanted someone else do it and also must have hoped that they could actually find another method to stop time travel. The fact that she told him that only Yoon Tae Yi can stop time travel means she knows that only she can find the method to do because they both are the same persons. And someone had mentioned that Yoon Tae Yi was a bit selfish immediately saying "Its good if all time travelers disappear", but that is the only thing which needs to happen and Yoon Tae Yi is the one thinking correctly. Yes there could be some good guy time travelers too, but even they could affect the timeline negatively. 

I also liked what you wrote about Min Hyuk. Yes, since he has seen and experienced first hand what the clients of Alice do by going in past is sort not really helpful and sometimes dangerous. He has seen time travelers causing lots of troubles, creating new alternate timelines because of their actions. But he has realized and also had expressed in one episode that it is useless to do anything in the past, since it will not affect their future. In a way, the people they are killing, trying to protect and love might not really be their real families, and Alice was created just so people could overcome their regrets, but they started misusing it. But Jin Gyeom is yet to understand it. He needs to know that even if he does his mom, nothing will change for him, as for him, his mom in his timeline is already dead and would not come back. I also think that Tae Yi's death is inevitable and no matter how many times he tries to stop it, he just cannot do it. But let's see what happens in the final 2 episodes. 

I have loved this drama so far, with all the timely explanations and revelations the writers are making, so I trust the writers will not really leave questions unanswered for us. 

PS: Chingu, don't forget to vote in the polls above :heartxoxo:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@40somethingahjumma

10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Read the rest here.

You wrote

Spoiler

The difference between Min-hyuk (and perhaps this accounts for his popularity) and Jin-gyeom seems largely to be a matter of acceptance. Min-hyuk has witnessed first hand and quickly come to the realisation that the past isn’t something to be meddled with regardless of how painful certain events are. I’m sure there are things he’d like to have changed. He has the power to do it. But he realises he can’t just go back in time and “fix” things without ripple effects on unwitting bystanders. Ultimately, there is something selfish about going back to the past and changing it for one’s benefit without having to take responsibility for the consequences of doing so. In all honesty no mere mortal can. For me Min-hyuk is someone who understands his own part in this, the mistakes he made in this entire scenario understands the nub of the problem and comes to the right conclusion on his own. As someone who was part of the system which caused it. He also acknowledges that there's something inherently corrupting about time travel. That kind of absolute power corrupts absolutely. No mere mortal can wield it without losing him/herself in it. At this point between Min-hyuk and Jin-gyeom, it’s obvious who the father is... who is the adult in the room.

Spoiler

The destination does matter in determining the route taken. Does Jin-gyeom want to catch the person who killed his mother? Or does he want to stop her from dying? It seems to me perhaps he might not be allowed to do both. He can no longer grope around in the dark aimlessly lurching from crisis to crisis. It isn't just that his soul is at stake but lives everywhere.

In Jin Gyeom's defense his first and foremost goal has been always to catch the killer. But what do people do when they'rere miraclly transported to a time of their life that is their biggest regret. I bet they do everything that Jin Gyeom is trying to do if that event is regretful to them as it is JG. And what's important is that it's not him travelling at his own will. It's the system or the design that's making him travel each time. 

So comparing his judgement with Min Hyuk is not really fair. MH is of course adult but he is the part of the system and knows how things works in time travel . He knows what's real and what's not.. but Jin Gyeom doesn't. He doesn't even know how he is getting alive from all those deadly events. So it's his auto mode to try saving his mother and looking for killer at the same time. But all this time he never really stopped looking for the killer just to save his mother. If there's someone in this family who knows less that would be the son, isn't it?

6 hours ago, jelly said:

The best part of the drama imo are the humanistic aspects of each of the character's relationship with each other. Love, loyalty, sacrifice, and trust are presented by Do-yeon's loyalty to Jin-gyeom, as well as Tae-yi's trust in Jin-gyeom. Tae-yi's sacrifice for her son, and Min-hyuk's love for Tae-yi.

Alice drama Director is actually said it's a human drama with SF base. That's why they're always focusing on Human aspect of the drama. Because they used SF as a tool to show those human side of our lives. I love how they're doing it.

Also I would like to focus on something..May be because Jin Gyeom is not so vocal or expressive that many are not giving him enough credit.. but he feels, acts according to his feelings. Look at the scenario between Min Hyuk and Jin Gyeom. Jin Gyeom didn't need anyone to tell him that Min Hyuk is his father. But he picked it up probably from the way Min Hyuk's attitude around him changed. The way he was always using 'Father Tone' with Jingyeom, It must've been so obvious to him. Everyone including me is heartbroken for Min Hyuk but not many of us feeling sad for Jin Gyeom that he had to figure this thing on his own. He already detest his biological father thinking he must've left his mother(which is actually not the case, but who'll explain it to him) because of him or something.. He himself may have been conflicted about it. But none really feels that much about him. But clearly he thinks enough about this that figured it out just by observing Min Hyuk's attitude. It was the elders duty to make the situation clear to him. But none of them did. So he's just trying to give back the hurtful sentiment back in his own way. What is more important is that he kind of broke the ice between MH and Himself(without intending to do so). Now MH don't have to pretend to be someone else. By saying those hurtful words Jin Gyeom actually acknowledged the truth that MH was unable to express himself.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:54 PM, flutterby06 said:

@40somethingahjumma

You wrote

Reveal hidden contents

The difference between Min-hyuk (and perhaps this accounts for his popularity) and Jin-gyeom seems largely to be a matter of acceptance. Min-hyuk has witnessed first hand and quickly come to the realisation that the past isn’t something to be meddled with regardless of how painful certain events are. I’m sure there are things he’d like to have changed. He has the power to do it. But he realises he can’t just go back in time and “fix” things without ripple effects on unwitting bystanders. Ultimately, there is something selfish about going back to the past and changing it for one’s benefit without having to take responsibility for the consequences of doing so. In all honesty no mere mortal can. For me Min-hyuk is someone who understands his own part in this, the mistakes he made in this entire scenario understands the nub of the problem and comes to the right conclusion on his own. As someone who was part of the system which caused it. He also acknowledges that there's something inherently corrupting about time travel. That kind of absolute power corrupts absolutely. No mere mortal can wield it without losing him/herself in it. At this point between Min-hyuk and Jin-gyeom, it’s obvious who the father is... who is the adult in the room.

Reveal hidden contents

The destination does matter in determining the route taken. Does Jin-gyeom want to catch the person who killed his mother? Or does he want to stop her from dying? It seems to me perhaps he might not be allowed to do both. He can no longer grope around in the dark aimlessly lurching from crisis to crisis. It isn't just that his soul is at stake but lives everywhere.

In Jin Gyeom's defense his first and foremost goal has been always to catch the killer. But what do people do when they'rere miraclly transported to a time of their life that is their biggest regret. I bet they do everything that Jin Gyeom is trying to do if that event is regretful to them as it is JG. And what's important is that it's not him travelling at his own will. It's the system or the design that's making him travel each time. 

So comparing his judgement with Min Hyuk is not really fair. MH is of course adult but he is the part of the system and knows how things works in time travel . He knows what's real and what's not.. but Jin Gyeom doesn't. He doesn't even know how he is getting alive from all those deadly events. So it's his auto mode to try saving his mother and looking for killer at the same time. But all this time he never really stopped looking for the killer just to save his mother. If there's someone in this family who knows less that would be the son, isn't it?

Alice drama Director is actually said it's a human drama with SF base. That's why they're always focusing on Human aspect of the drama. Because they used SF as a tool to show those human side of our lives. I love how they're doing it.

Also I would like to focus on something..May be because Jin Gyeom is not so vocal or expressive that many are not giving him enough credit.. but he feels, acts according to his feelings. Look at the scenario between Min Hyuk and Jin Gyeom. Jin Gyeom didn't need anyone to tell him that Min Hyuk is his father. But he picked it up probably from the way Min Hyuk's attitude around him changed. The way he was always using 'Father Tone' with Jingyeom, It must've been so obvious to him. Everyone including me is heartbroken for Min Hyuk but not many of us feeling sad for Jin Gyeom that he had to figure this thing on his own. He already detest his biological father thinking he must've left his mother(which is actually not the case, but who'll explain it to him) because of him or something.. He himself may have been conflicted about it. But none really feels that much about him. But clearly he thinks enough about this that figured it out just by observing Min Hyuk's attitude. It was the elders duty to make the situation clear to him. But none of them did. So he's just trying to give back the hurtful sentiment back in his own way. What is more important is that he kind of broke the ice between MH and Himself(without intending to do so). Now MH don't have to pretend to be someone else. By saying those hurtful words Jin Gyeom actually acknowledged the truth that MH was unable to express himself.

In my defence I'm only making an observation. :sweatingbullets: Besides it's a contrast that the show itself makes quite deliberately. The fact is Jin-gyeom still hasn't come to grips with his mother's passing and believes that there is a way to change that despite all the warnings. Moreover, he is beginning to discover his emotions. As far as time travelling is concerned, he is a novice. That's exactly the point. He has the ability but not the insight into its ramifications... yet. So as far as that is concerned he is like a child in a candy shop who is still grappling with his mummy issues. Chronological age wise he may be 29 but emotionally that's entirely different story.

However, I don't agree that just because Min-hyuk has been involved with time travelling far longer he would necessarily come to conclusion sooner that it's something that needs to be stopped. There are many others involved with time travelling that definitely haven't come to the same conclusion. Eg. the Teacher cult. In fact, that's the entire point of the Tae-yi killings. It is true that Min-hyuk has a personal stake in keeping Tae-yi and Jin-gyeom safe so it gives him a different insight into what the act of time travel does to people. As he said to Si-yeon, it's hurt their friendship in incalculable ways. The backstabbing, betrayals etc. It's destroyed her. More than that, Min-hyuk knows he is a father now and has been stepping up to the plate. He has to reorient his priorities and be the father... the adult... to the son who is increasingly wrestling with his newfound emotions like a child. Joo-won's performance in that regard seems deliberate. Jin-gyeom has a distinct child-like quality and that came to the fore when he saw another iteration of mum. His alexithymia was cleverly used to stunt JG's emotional growth for this very purpose.

That's why I say the show doesn't do justice to its supporting characters as well as it should. There are hints as to their importance in the storyline and the purpose they serve but their individual trajectories are thin on the ground. There are plenty of moving parts to this show and regrettably it doesn't all cohere as well as it should.

I certainly don't disagree that the adults in Jin-gyeom's life hasn't done him any favours in terms of creating this web of complexity to manoeuver. ;) But I wouldn't blame Min-hyuk entirely. All of this did start with Tae-yi's choice. Again her actions were understandable on some level. Then of course Si-young interfered. It's true that Jin-gyeom has to get his head around a fair bit and I don't blame him for being bitter towards Min-hyuk for being an absentee father who is already feeling a lot of guilt. Could have, would have, should have. The man is already punishing himself with regrets. The interesting thing though is it never occurs to him that going back in time will actually fix his mistakes. Instead, he just accepts that this is something he has to wear for the rest of his life. I said this in my post that there is a sense from the show itself that none of this should have happened. The universe has gone mad.

That is the chaos that time travel brings.

I should also add that my fondness for Min-hyuk isn't purely about sympathy. He appeals to me because he is an antihero of sorts. There's more to him that first meets the eye. The same thing goes for Ko Hyeon-seok. Those are the kinds of characters I find interesting.

I should also add that my fondness for Min-hyuk isn't purely about sympathy. He appeals to me because he is an antihero of sorts. There's more to him that first meets the eye. The same thing goes for Ko Hyeon-seok. Those are the kinds of characters I find interesting.

I would like to apologies if it looked I am complaining people having a different opinion than mine or finding a different character appealing than mine. I just tried to defend the character I like when it was being compared with another I character that I also like and understand but I see no rivalry. 

I am not at all complaining you or others finding MH more appealing... what I don't get is why he has to be compared with a character who is his son to prove his appeal. Both went through their own situation and matured differently. They're not really traditional First and Second lead after the female lead's heart. Usually comparison happens in situation like that.

Because this is a drama that has solid main and supporting characters people are bound to feel for different character and multiple characters.. There's Do Yeon with her small appearance here and there, but many including myself absolutely love her character.. That's because no matter how much screen time they get their characterization and performance was solid and impactful enough to understand those characters.

Same with Ajusshi Ko.. He and JG together made me feel so taken with their relationship that I can't help but have faith on them. That they'll overcome their chaos.. 

Alice is a drama that actually makes me feel for many different character for many different ways.. that's why can't help but talk in defense of favorite characters. 

In my defence I'm only making an observation. :sweatingbullets: Besides it's a contrast that the show itself makes quite deliberately. The fact is Jin-gyeom still hasn't come to grips with his mother's passing and believes that there is a way to change that despite all the warnings. Moreover, he is beginning to discover his emotions. As far as time travelling is concerned, he is a novice. That's exactly the point. He has the ability but not the insight into its ramifications... yet. So as far as that is concerned he is like a child in a candy shop who is still grappling with his mummy issues. Chronological age wise he may be 29 but emotionally that's entirely different story.

Jin Gyeom clearly had came in terms with his mother's passing..until he went to time travel. He's is a novice to time travel and it's mechanism so it's natural to think about trying to save his mother instinctively. Like I said none of this time travel really happened at his own will. Yes, he has many issues, Mummy issue is one of them. He is practically claiming it every time that his only wish is to "Catch the killer of my My Mother." Like Do Yeon said " Jin Gyeom would try to do anything for Prof. Tae Yi thinking about his mother(because he couldn't protect her). And Mother Tae Yi also lived her later life in a way so she could protect her son. So I don't see how JG wouldn't have mommy issues when his only relative ever in this earth was mommy.

I certainly don't disagree that the adults in Jin-gyeom's life hasn't done him any favours in terms of creating this web of complexity to manoeuver. ;) But I wouldn't blame Min-hyuk entirely. All of this did start with Tae-yi's choice. Again her actions were understandable on some level. Then of course Si-young interfered.

I didn't blame only MH for this complexity... That's why I said ADULTS. But MH has some part to bear some responsibility for this too. If TY didn't depend and believe him completely, so did he. He never went there himself verify or just have a look how she was doing after his child died(!).. He never ever doubted the information given to him even though he missed Tae Yi dearly.. Or his anger was so bigger that his love got buried.

But this regret of him is now making him be more desperate than ever to protect the important people in his life. When I say important I include Prof. Tae Yi along with JG. Prof. Tae Yi to both JG and MH is the incarnation of their biggest regret. 

Alice in many way is story of people with regret.. Among these people with regret two are Jin Gyeom and Min Hyuk. Jin Gyeom's regret is if only he could be good to his mother, have more natural relationship with his mother may be he would have known more about her, may be he could prevent her death knowing she's in danger.. Min Hyuk's regret is may be if he didn't talk about abortion without considering TY's sentiment, may be if he didn't believe Si Young so much, may be if he wasn't so gullibly angry, may be he could go to see Tae Yi and be there for his family, may be Tae Yi wouldn't have died then.... So I feel if I try, I can understand both characters. So I would definitely try to defend them.

But like Ajusshi Ko said " Present is what more precious." I would like to see JG and MH somehow able to form an understanding despite their chaos. 

Alice: Episode 13

by LollyPip

Alice13-00184.jpg

Our stoic detective and his reluctant sidekick are stuck in a time where they don’t belong, learning truths they don’t want to know. The past is revealed and endangers the future, and answers only lead to more questions. The action picks up as we careen towards an ending that’s sure to leave us traumatized, but will it all make sense when it’s all over?

EPISODE 13 RECAP

Alice13-00012.jpg

There is nowhere better than here. — Cherie Carter-Scott

It’s 2010, one day before Tae-yi/Sun-young’s murder (we’ll call her Sun-young for clarity, since it’s the name she now goes by). She is surprised to find teenage Jin-gyum home before her, and he says that he already talked to her in the living room, which seems to confuse her. She finds her bedroom door locked… 2020 Tae-yi is in there, having been brought to the past by an explosion, and she’s been shocked to find photos of herself as a child with an adult who looks exactly like her.

Getting the key, Sun-young finds Tae-yi in her room, and she seems dismayed to see this younger version of herself. Tae-yi says warily that she was here as a child and asks why Sun-young pretended to be her mother then took her to the orphanage.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/alice-episode-13/

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Face Off In A Terrifying Situation As “Alice” Moves Toward Finale

94e4d7ebb7e14057b175aaf2a06b9f01.jpeg?s=

Oct 23, 2020
by C. Hong

The twists and turns in SBS’s “Alice” are getting more intense as the drama heads into its final two episodes.

“Alice” is about a detective named Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won) who gets involved in the world of time travel when he searches for the truth behind his mother’s murder and encounters a genius physicist named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun) who looks exactly like her.

Spoilers

In episode 14, Yoon Tae Yi realized after a DNA test that the man who tried to strangle her and who killed Park Sun Young (also played by Kim Hee Sun) in 2010 was Park Jin Gyeom. She deduced it must have been a Park Jin Gyeom from a different timeline and told her own Park Jin Gyeom about what she found.

However, Park Jin Gyeom’s gaze changed the moment that she told him, and in a shocking twist, pulled out a knife. At the same time, the scene shifted back to the 2010 murder when a mysterious black-hooded figure killed Park Sun Young.

The new stills focus on the aftermath of the shocking ending of episode 14. Park Jin Gyeom moves in with the knife without hesitation, absolute coldness in his eyes. The Park Jin Gyeom who worried about Yoon Tae Yi and cried in front of her is gone without a trace. Yoon Tae Yi looks terrified, but her fear is mixed in with sadness more than surprise.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433233wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-face-off-in-a-terrifying-situation-as-alice-moves-toward-finale

BTS

Alice' Kim Hee-sun, Joo-won, and Kwak Si-yang, three people gathered at Alice... Facing a shocking situation

1Z98SC9RKI_1.jpg

Kim Hee-sun, Joo-won, and Kwak Si-yang gathered in one place. It is a crisis situation

Yoon Tae-i, Park Jin-gyeom, and Yoo Min-hyuk are in the places that appear to be Alice. Alice cannot easily enter anyone. It is thoroughly concealed in a veil and exists only for time travelers. In principle, Yoon Tae-i and Park Jin-gyeom cannot enter this place, except for the Alice guide team leader Yoo Min-hyuk. But how did they come to this place?

The first thing that catches the eye is Yoon Tae-i's sad appearance. Yoon Tae-i, who was always upright and upright, is sitting on the floor with a terrified expression. Just by looking at her eyes, where tears seem to fall anytime soon, you can guess how dangerous she is.

In the following picture, Park Jin-gyeom is pointing a gun at someone, causing curiosity. Park Jin-gyeom, who suddenly showed a sudden change in episode 14, cannot predict what kind of Park Jin-gyeom is in the photo and what kind of situation he is in.

The production crew said, “In the 15th episode aired today (23rd), Yoon Tae-i, Park Jin-gyeom, and Yoo Min-hyuk meet at Alice. Things that no one could have imagined happen in front of them. And this shocking situation will make the fate of these three more sad.” “As the play is heading for the climax, the three actors Kim Hee-sun, Joo-won, and Kwak Shi-yang performed breathtakingly and powerfully. We ask for a lot of attention and expectation for the story of the three people who will hold the viewers' breath and tap the viewers' hearts."

(Google translate)

https://m.sedaily.com/NewsView/1Z98SC9RKI#cb

Show of hands ....

1 - How many of you wanted to slap JG for making Do Yeon cry?

2 - How many of you wanted to hug JG when he finally confessed to Do Yeon? ".... if something goes wrong for you, it goes wrong for me ...."   That my friends translates to "...I LOVE YOU!..."  in JG parlance

3 - How many of you cried for Dong-Ho?

4 - How many of you wanted to see JG beat the future out of the Director? .... and THEN shoot him in the head ..... twice

5 - How many of you cried a little bit when Min-Hyuk drugged JG to save him?

6 - How many of you cried a lot when Min-Hyuk died after redeeming himself?

7 - How many of you loved it when ....

- Tae Yi told Do Yeon, JG was who he is because she was there for him after his mother died...

- Tae Yi told JG to stay with Do Yeon

- Tae Yi asked Min-Hyuk to runaway with them ... and then Min-Hyuk's answer 

:handsup:

Well the good news is, for all the people that died in episode 15, alot can't stay dead - Book of Prophecy stated 5 would die, and alot more than that are dead now, so someone(s) are coming back.

Hopefully if JG can travel through time to save loved ones, he can freeze it for others ... trap the Teacher, put his fathers Alice pistol to the Teachers head ... and empty the clip.

Happy Ending ...

....and then runaway with Do-Yeon

:ohboy2:

( I'd still like to know who wrote the Book of Prophecy)

24 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Show of hands ....

2 - How many of you wanted to hug JG when he finally confessed to Do Yeon? ".... if something goes wrong for you, it goes wrong for me ...."   That my friends translates to "...I LOVE YOU!..."  in JG parlance

4 - How many of you wanted to see JG beat the future out of the Director? .... and THEN shoot him in the head ..... twice

- Tae Yi told Do Yeon, JG was who he is because she was there for him after his mother died...

:handsup:

Well the good news is, for all the people that died in episode 15, alot can't stay dead - Book of Prophecy stated 5 would die, and alot more than that are dead now, so someone(s) are coming back.

Hopefully if JG can travel through time to save loved ones, he can freeze it for others ... trap the Teacher, put his fathers Alice pistol to the Teachers head ... and empty the clip.

Happy Ending ...

:ohboy2:

i hope that too T.T

can't believe tomorrow is last episode .. Please Happy Ending ....

tumblr_mthto98FLh1rs4avvo5_250.gifv

Alice: Episode 14

by selena

ALICE14-00292.jpg

History continues to repeat itself no matter how hard our hero tries to save his mother. When our leads return to their own time, things are no longer the same. As much as he tries to deny it, our upright lieutenant is slowly losing control.

EPISODE 14 RECAP

ALICE14-00002.jpgALICE14-00005.jpg

To be able to give birth to a dancing star, one must have chaos in oneself.” – Friedrich Nietzche

On the night of the blood moon, Jin-gyum runs home but is too late to save his mother. For the third time now, Jin-gyum sobs as he cradles Sun-young’s limp body. Teen Jin-gyum hovers over the pair with bloodied hands and that evil, cocky grin. While adult Jin-gyum confronts the boy, Tae-yi stumbles upon the elusive final page.

It reads:

She opened the forbidden door of time and saw a world she should not have crossed over. Now, the punishment she must take has been sentenced. In order to close the door of time, she must kill her beloved son. As her punishment for opening the door of time, she shall lose her life in the hands of her son. The son will become the killer of all beings and destroyer of all things, and shall reign over time.

ALICE14-00028.jpg

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/alice-episode-14/

Spoiler

I thought I was keeping up with the story so far but no, I'm really lost at episode 15... Why does old JG need to kill the mom each time? Whatever happened to the personality change and murderous 2010 JG?

At the end of the episode, where did present JG go? I wasn't sure if he willingly disappeared using his own powers or he disappeared as a result of time changing because the professor was killed.

back here to comment because the series is finally ending! I thought i understood everything, but i am totally lost right now?? But eitherways, Ep 15 was so hard to watchhh :( especially when Min-Hyuk died?? and when he flashes back to the past, and imagined an alternate ending if he chose to stay with Tae-Yi for the child :( Poor Tae-yi has to sacrifice all the time.... I understand its because she wants to keep Jin-gyeom's existence, but i am confused how Jin-gyeom's existence affects time travel?? Someone enlighten me please...

But aside, i seriously hope Jin-gyeom can save both his parents & the other nice peiple and lead a happy life with Do-yeon or something in an alternate future :| 

Watch: Kim Hee Sun Can’t Stop Joking Around While Filming Action Scenes On Set Of “Alice”

d70fb78fa65649ae8337a4e53376e97a.jpeg?s=

Oct 24, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Alice” has revealed a new behind-the-scenes look ahead of today’s grand finale!

The video starts off with Kim Hee Sun, Joo Won, and Kwak Si Yang filming the scene when Kwak Si Yang saves Kim Hee Sun from Joo Won. The action scene gets intense, and Kim Hee Sun cowers by the table as she perfectly portrays her frightened character.

During break, Kim Hee Sun jokingly begs Joo Won to stop being violent. She points to Kwak Si Yang and herself as she says, “That’s your dad! I’m your mom!” Joo Won stands there frozen, as if he has suddenly become enlightened by that fact, but he smiles when his co-stars burst into laughter.

Joo Won and Kwak Si Yang practice their action scene again, and the prop knife narrowly miss Kim Hee Sun. She jokes, “What if I end up getting stabbed?” Kim Hee Sun rehearses her part as well, and when someone tells her to fall down on one knee, she laughs at how ungraceful she’ll look and suggests a different way to act out the scene.

After many rehearsals, Kwak Si Yang starts to lose strength, and when Joo Won towers over him with the prop knife, he begs Kim Hee Sun to save him. Kim Hee Sun furrows her eyebrows with fake concern as she calls Joo Won’s character name, but she remains comfortably sitting in her spot by the table. Joo Won, who is having too much with this, playfully dangles the prop knife over Kwak Si Yang to scare him.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433448wpp/watch-kim-hee-sun-cant-stop-joking-around-while-filming-action-scenes-on-set-of-alice

Kim Hee Sun And Joo Won Face One Last Crisis In “Alice”

ceb6bf84a08e4649b95c7a14f8d5bcc5.jpeg?s=

Oct 24, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Alice” has shared a glimpse of the upcoming grand finale!

“Alice” is about a detective named Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won) who gets involved in the world of time travel when he searches for the truth behind his mother’s murder and encounters a genius physicist named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun) who looks exactly like her.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Yoon Tae Yi was kidnapped, and Park Jin Gyeom and Yoo Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) went to save her. Yoo Min Hyuk died trying to protect Yoon Tae Yi and Park Jin Gyeom. Infuriated, Park Jin Gyeom aimed his gun at the villain, only to find out that it was an older version of him.

In newly released stills, Park Jin Gyeom clutches onto Yoon Tae Yi, who is bleeding profusely. Just like his mother Park Sun Young (Kim Hee Sun) did in 2010, Yoon Tae Yi chose to die in order to save Park Jin Gyeom. The older version of Park Jin Gyeom points a gun at him, and viewers are keen to find out if he will be able to change his fate or not.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433460wpp/kim-hee-sun-and-joo-won-face-one-last-crisis-in-alice

Okay they revealed some really big things. Firstly, the hooded guy was Jin Gyeom, but from future and of course another universe. What I actually liked was, the one in front of the door, was indeed old Jin Gyeom and also "The Teacher". For those who still are wondering why old Jin Gyeom killed his own mom (even if she was from another universe), I am sure they'll explain it in the final episode. We'll even get to see what actually happened in past when Tae Yi was killed. 

Got to feel sad for Dong Ho (whose death is not really confirmed, since we didn't really see him getting shot in head and also his body was missing). Great timing by Jin Gyeom saving Do Yeon just on time, and instead of doing the useless talk, just shooting him from the back, in order to save Do Yeon. I really loved it when he said "I don't know how I feel about you, but if something wrong happens to you, it goes wrong for me too". Dude finally said it, and Do Yeon finally confessed her feelings to him before too. 

Min Hyuk's death was quite tragic. But he could finally have some redemption. Prof. Tae Yi actually sacrificing herself for Jin Gyeom could be something which had to happen for the prophecy to be true. I mean if Jin Gyeom is supposed to be killed as the book says, this dude has got the thickest plot armor here, even his future can't kill him. Jin Gyeom time travels again (most probably to 2010 again) just when the old Jin Gyeom shoots him from point blank. So the end game's gonna happen in 2010 and maybe, maybe we'll see him finally save his mom. Having lost a lot of his loved ones, I think we'll see him saving some of them and stopping the travel in process, we'll have to see how it happens. 

What I really want to know is, how did that Omega sign appear on Prof. Tae Yi's backside of neck and also what does it signify. I really hope they explain it, and also give the answer who is the author of the book. 

Overall a good episode, kudos to all those who had predicted the old guy in the first episode was old Jin Gyeom. Looking forward to tonight's episode, which I hope will be a satisfying and good one. 

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

1. Damn it Jin Gyeom..stop saying things you're gonna regret later.

2. His confession literally means "DONT LEAVE ME, I LOVE YOU, IF YOU DIE, I DIE." I was giddy even if it was such a tense moment with Do Yeon in danger. I love how these doesn't need so many words to convey the message.

4. I have never felt this satisfying seeing a bullet in someone's head...for real. :coolshades:

What has he done to Dong Ho..?Is he dead or in hostage.

5. I did.. I've been crying rewatching that scene. 

6. Cried when both Appa Omma dying in this episode..:bawling: And MH's imagination of "What if........" :heartbreak:

7. Loved those- In addition to those I loved it when Tae Yi was feeling exactly like Omma Tae Yi for Jin Gyeom and Min Hyuk. She literally acted like Omma Tae Yi this episode..Quantum entanglement my foot! That's  Tae Yi feeling for her important persons who she was supposed to meet in her future. 

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Happy Ending ...

We need those to happen..And I can't help but be more eager for Happy Ending. Because Episode 15 just showed us it's possible to have all kind of family reunion and ships possible to sail in just in one episode.

So sad Alice is ending tho.. :cry:

3 hours ago, jelly said:

Also how sweet is Joo Won here? He def. cared for/looked out for KHS in Alice. Yay we have another BTS video! This time with dad as well! 

JW really took lots of care of his KHS noona. at 1:22 he was holding KHS so she won't get in between. 

I love how they had so much fun while saving Omma Appa from possessed Jin Gyeom.. At 2:10---------

KSY: Noona call him.. hurry.

KHS: Hyungsa nim ---

KSY: Call him noona...

KHS: Park Jin Gyeom

KHS: Jin Gyeomah...

And all three ends up laughing at that.

at 2:55 Joo Won mimicing the way Kim Hee Sun calls "Hyungsa- nim." And KHS ended up giving her signature rofl.

And my favorite scene:

Hyungsa-nimm...Apaaa..Omma... She's so cute and really the queen of reaction like Joo Won claimed. 

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Show of hands ....

i don't agree, that's not what it means, he knows she's in love with him DY knows JG doesn't love her like she loves him, it's obvious JG loves her a lot but not lovingly:doggie: if she had asked him to stay with her, she knows very well that JG would have gone looking for TY

but i hope for a reset ,a  hapy ending for everyone

“Alice” Choi Won-young, “It is an honor to be able to participate in a wonderful work”

ff993d671e059e7c7684678bdd70d9ba.jpg

Choi Won-young shared his feelings about the end of'Alice'.
Choi Won-young said, “First of all, thank you to the viewers who have enjoyed watching'Alice' until the end,” and said, “The staff, actors, and the director who completed the story by directing the scene and completing the story for a long time worked hard to shoot. I am grateful to everyone who made it together, and it was an honor to be able to participate in this wonderful work.” Next, I was happy to be able to impress and have fun to the viewers through “Alice”. I wish everyone a warm and peaceful future.”

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202010244769k

Joo-won,'Alice' ending speech... "Thank you. I was happy"

1Z98T02OPL_1.jpg

Actor Joo-won shared his feelings about the end of ‘Alice’ through the ‘TikTok’ video.

On the 23rd, through his official TikTok account, Joo-won revealed his feelings about the end of the SBS Friday and Saturday drama “Alice,” which is about to have the final episode this week.

Joo-won, who appeared in the released video, boasting a warm visual, said, “Alice is running towards the end. I hope there will be a good ending as many people have been looking forward to,” he said, raising viewers' curiosity about the ending.

Then he said, “I will also be able to greet you with a good piece of work.” “Thank you. I was happy. See you again."

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1Z98T02OPL

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스
Spoiler

I wish i see Yoo Min-Hyuk tonight, though only a flashback or something like this. But since Alice disappear and he chose Alice back in 1992, i bet thats the end for him. How i wish "reset" method will make everything comeback before they travelled back in 1992. So Min-Hyuk and Tae-yi will make a couple. Or maybe i have to pray for season 2 .... 

Archived