[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

Alice: Episode 11

by LollyPip

Alice11-00143.jpg

After taking a week off for the Chuseok holiday, Alice comes roaring back with action, drama, and the most shocking twist yet. Our favorite time-traveling cop is getting closer to discovering the identity of his mother’s killer, but he’s also still being hunted, and danger is closer than he ever imagined. He’s going to have to accept a new ally if he wants to live through this, and protect those he cares for.

EPISODE 11 RECAP

Alice11-00001.jpgAlice11-00002.jpg

Time is the most valuable thing that humans can use. – Theophrastus

After a nice long reminder of everything that’s happened so far, we meet up with Captain Go. He’s on the phone with “Teacher,” and he promises to take care of their captive.

Nearby, Jin-gyum and the other team members arrive at the old amusement park, where Hae-min’s rental car was found as well as traces of Oh-won’s DNA. Jin-gyum sees Captain Go’s car and sends Dong-ho in another direction, then goes looking for the captain. He heads into the underground room and nearly gets shot by Captain Go, who gives him Oh-won’s ID badge as proof that he was here.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/alice-episode-11/

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Move Closer To The Truth In “Alice”

d69a3642b6214079898af2ae107eda23.jpeg?s=

Oct 16, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Alice” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of the upcoming episode!

Spoiler

Previously on “Alice,” Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun) was involved in a car accident. The car blew up, but for some reason, she ended up back in 2010 at Park Jin Gyeom’s (Joo Won) house. There, she came face-to-face with his mother Park Sun Young (Kim Hee Sun) and regained her past memories. She also encountered the high school version of Park Jin Gyeom, but oddly enough, he didn’t seem like the Park Jin Gyeom she knows in 2020.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Park Jin Gyeom is frantically searching for Yoon Tae Yi. He’s more worried than ever because she disappeared without a trace, and he even runs to a different car to check if she’s in there. Suddenly, he loses consciousness and ends up fainting with a bleeding nose.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431943wpp/joo-won-and-kim-hee-sun-move-closer-to-the-truth-in-alice

what did i just watch??? ep13 was so heavy and mindblowing..

Spoiler

why just explained the one where the serpent tangled Alice but not the page behind that shows the sword??

perhaps someone needs to weld the sword to banish that serpent?

if

Alice = Tae Yi (Park Sun Young)

then

Serpent = Jin Gyeom

?

can't wait for tonite... and it's going to be a rough wait until next Fri and Sat...

ibra official scream GIF by Zlatan Ibrahimovic

On 10/13/2020 at 9:24 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's obvious to me that they're protracting  things to delay the endgame as much as possible. What I think the show should have done is delve more deeply into the origins of Alice and/or the Teacher death cult. It's lamentable really how the second tier characters have been increasingly short-changed in these last few episodes.

I agreed with you. This drama made it too complex and the direction was not clear. They could have dive into the Alice backstory and so called the origin of Teacher. I was quite disappointed especially for today EP 13, it took so long to tell the audience that Prof Yoon Tae-Yi and Park Sun-Young are the same person even though Park Sun-Young kept telling Tae-yi : your mom, your mom.....they were just dragging and perhaps to fill up the screen time?

It seems that the story is telling us there are two sides of human nature, In one world, he could be evil, in another world, he could be a nice guy, etc. (same for the two time travellers Go Hyeon-Seok and Seok O-Won came from different dimension). 

There are few loose ends need to tighten up :

1. We never saw the actual scene where Jin Gyeom's mother got killed, but the plot kept telling us the murderer was her own son.
  2. Who's the man in the black raincoat went up to the roof top?
  3. Who speaks in 'evil' on Jin Gyeom's head, JG's mother said the voices came from another dimension but who ? Why made it so complex?

The only thing i like about this EP is they brought up the keyword "RESET". Of course reset can lead to many serious consequences if parallel & serial timeline theories exist. I only believe these two words : construction and destruction, construction idea is always beautiful (such as the creation and invention of time-travelling machine), but when it mess it up, i.e. only benefits the minority but at the expenses of majority, destruction become inevitable. Therefore, a reset becomes necessary for this story. For me, what matters the most is the ingredients that used to build the foundation, do they include human greed and other evil intention, if they do, it makes no meaning for the purpose of construction and thus, it should be destroyed and eliminated.

Question is : will the writer give us a proper and meaningful wrap up ending?

16 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

The only thing i like about this EP is they brought up the keyword "RESET". Of course reset can lead to many serious consequences if parallel & serial timeline theories exist. I only believe these two words : construction and destruction, construction idea is always beautiful (such as the creation and invention of time machine), but when it mess it up, destruction become inevitable. Therefore, a reset becomes necessary for this story. For me, what matters the most is the ingredients 

Question is : will the writer give us a proper and meaningful wrap up ending?

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but whew, it is a rabbit hole maze that is tiring me. Let us see what episode 14 brings.

12 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but whew, it is a rabbit hole maze that is tiring me. Let us see what episode 14 brings.

This may be my last reply for a while because I'm for sure getting suspended or banned and justly so for brutally roasting another poster on another thread.

Catch ya'll on in A couple of months maybe or catch me on Reddit.

Peace

Okay, so Chingus, episode 13, gave some really good answers, cleared a lot of things. Firstly, Jin Gyeom and Prof. Tae Yi seem to have traveled to a completely different dimension of their past. This is not the one to which Jin Gyeom had last traveled. There is a page in book, where we see a person standing and there is shadow of him too. So I think it indicates that time travel will lead to the shady self of each person too. Current Jin Gyeom might not really be the killer, but Jin Gyeom from another dimension could have been recruited by The Teacher/Seok Oh Won too. Now this episode actually hinted that Seok Oh Won might not necessarily be The Teacher here, and someone else could be. The hooded fellow is yet to be shown who it is. We see that person visiting the rooftop, and then we don't see Jin Gyeom present on the rooftop, which means The Teacher met him either somewhere else, or went to rooftop to put flowers for that dead girl? Jin Gyeom arrives on the rooftop. We'll have to see whether The Teacher met him or not yet. 

Now coming back a bit to the revelations. Finally Tae Yi (Jin Gyeom's mom) told Prof. Tae Yi that they are same person. In order to keep Prof. Tae Yi safe, she was sent to an orphanage. Tae Yi stopped researching for a way to stop time travel. Why? Because it will cause reset. All time travelers will vanish, which might include Jin Gyeom, and that might be the reason Jin Gyeom's mom does not want to go that way. Because his existence will come to an end because of it. Tae Yi's mom was brought into discussion a couple of weeks ago, and wow, she was mentioned in last episode to be the one who discovered the Book of Prophecy and time traveled to 1980s, married Jang Dong Shik, and died while giving birth to Tae Yi. 

Now things are different in this dimension, Seok Oh Won is already dead, the Jin Gyeom of this timeline is very much suspicious. We'll see more about it next episode. But it is Tae Yi's fate to die at the hands of Jin Gyeom? Is the book supposed to be trusted? We'll have to see. Tae Yi died the third time, and all three times in Jin Gyeom's arms. We got to see how he'll travel back in time, and also how things will unfold now. 

The best scene was Jin Gyeom having a meal once again with his mom. That was really an emotional one and greatly portrayed. Looking forward to tonight's episode. So far I am liking the info the revealing bit by bit in each episode, and also keeping us on edge regarding the hooded figure and also by introducing new mysteries. 

Hopefully we'll see some action from Min Hyuk's side too. Oh Si Young finally revealing who could have killed Tae Yi. And Jin Gyeom holding the knife which was shown in the second last page of the book. 

We had some answeres answered this episode but we still have a lot of other questions.

We already knew that Jin Gyeom`s mom and Professor Tae Yi is the same person. But I  am glad that they talked and now Tae Yi knows the story of how she end up at the orphanage.

I suspected that Jin Gyeom hears the voices from the other dimentions and that`s what was confimred by his mom. OK. I can`t believe that Jin Gyeom (detective Jin Gyeom) was fooled again by Seok O Won and he could not saved his mom.

We found out that Tae Yi`s mom was a time traveler and not her father. OK. She discovered the Book of Prophecy (or she has written herself?).  I know that they say that she died giving birth but I don`t know if it is truth.

Jin Gyeom (the student) is showing signs of time travel but he did not go anywhere. He gets those side effects because other Jin Gyeoms are time traveling or he is going it but we are not be able to see it? I am not sure what is the right answer.

I was surprised (or maybe not) that Seok O Won called student Jin Gyeom "Teacher" and bow to him. That means that indeed Ji Gyeom is the Teacher? I had this idea in mind but I choice to invalidate it because the idea of him being the one who was against his mother was too much at that point. But now, I think that indeed it is possible that the one who killed Jin Gyeom`s mom (Tae yi from Alice) was Jin Gyeom from the future. Then the Book of Prophecy was right. 

So Jin Gyeom from the future (the old Jin Gyeom) is the Teacher and not Seok O Won? We`ll see.

I also like the idea about the RESET when the time traveling is closed. If Tae Yi `s mom is from the future and not her father, then it is possible that she will not have her daughter. Then Tae yi and Jin Gyeom will not exist. And I think Tae Yi or Jin Gyeom should accept the consequences. Everything will be better than continue this mess.

I don`t know why I am curious about Tae yi` mother. Who is she? What if she was pregnant when she first time traveled? Then Tae Yi, Jin Gyeom is still possible to be in the future when everything resets. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

I was surprised (or maybe not) that Seok O Won called student Jin Gyeom "Teacher" and bow to him. That means that indeed Ji Gyeom is the Teacher? I had this idea in mind but I choice to invalidate it because the idea of him being the one who was against his mother was too much at that point. But now, I think that indeed it is possible that the one who killed Jin Gyeom`s mom (Tae yi from Alice) was Jin Gyeom from the future. Then the Book of Prophecy was right. 

So Jin Gyeom from the future (the old Jin Gyeom) is the Teacher and not

Seok O Won? We`ll see.

I think your first mind is the right one and more than likely be proven valid. It seems as though time is linear across the dimensions until someone upsets it then becomes circular with unintended consequences, thus becomes a rabbit hole.  I also wonder if the word "teacher" is a rabbit hole as well and none of them know the true teacher. I wouldn't be suprised if Tae Yi's mom or dad are teachers.

Just started my ride on this series and only at Ep 4 but I know this will be a good exciting ride...
Pop in here to ask if anyone notice Kim Dong-Ho whenever he walks...why does it look like he is
1. wearing a huge diaper 
2. wearing a pants that is way too small for him
He walks so funny like he is struggling to walk properly... That's just so eye sore yet funny... 
I am so happy to see him in this series as he is indeed a good artiste in his own ways...

I watch this series because of Joo Won... been following his series in 7th Grade, Good Doctor, Yong-Pal and wooo...i just adore him in My Sassy Girl... apologies for mentioning other series here but Joo Won is just that wow...

안녕 as i bounced back to Park Jin-Gyeom and Kim Dong-Ho 

Alice: Episode 12
by selena

ALICE12-00127.jpg

Our hero’s desire for revenge is at an all-time high after another tragedy hits close to home. Barely giving himself time to process what has happened, he begins his search for the one thing that can end time travel. Meanwhile, our professor begins to learn more about the truth of her identity.

EPISODE RECAP

ALICE12-00003.jpgALICE12-00005-1.jpg

I can’t go back to tomorrow. That’s because I’m a different person from then.” – Alice in Wonderland

Captain Go takes a call from Cheol-am, who’s aware that he’s protecting Jin-gyum and hands the phone to the real Teacher…Oh-won. Oh-won informs Captain Go that his decision will cost him In-sook and Jin-gyum. As he hangs up, we see that he has the time travelers’ mark on his wrist.

Rushing out of the church, Captain Go explains that this isn’t the same Oh-won that Tae-yi knows. He’s a time traveler who’s killing those who try to end time travel. This Oh-won’s goal is to destroy the final page of the book.

As the sole person who can close the door of time, Jin-gyum has a huge target on his back. The captain tells Tae-yi that they need to find the missing page before Oh-won does, so Jin-gyum can end everything. It was written in the prophecy that she’s fated to find it.

Captain Go tosses Jin-gyum’s phone at her and drives off alone after promising to do everything he can. She follows closely behind.

As Jin-gyum struggles against the handcuffs, Oh-won appears in front of him. Quick-witted, Jin-gyum asks how long he’s been lying to them. Oh-won says, “Your mother asked the same question,” confirming Jin-gyum’s suspicion that he killed her.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/alice-episode-12/

So, I'm watching the beginning of Episode 13... are you telling me that Prof. Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom could had been adopted siblings??

After watching the episode...

I'm glad they confirmed that Prof Tae Yi and first Tae Yi are the same person maybe this will be the end of the speculation that they're different people.  

After watching Episode 14...

So, in episode 13, there were basically three Jin Gyeoms. Jin Gyeom from the future that went back in time to kill his mother, Jin Gyeom from 2020, and student Jin Gyeom. All have connecting brain waves?  

17 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Tae Yi's mom was brought into discussion a couple of weeks ago, and wow, she was mentioned in last episode to be the one who discovered the Book of Prophecy and time traveled to 1980s, married Jang Dong Shik, and died while giving birth to Tae Yi. 

I'm just going to speculate this since anything can be possible but Tae Yi's mom is going to be Kim Do-Yeon.  

Okay ... so does anyone else remember that scene that shows Detective Ko outside JG's house holding the bloody knife?  Did the writers just forget about that?

Since different versions of everyone keep returning to the murder scene/moment of JG's Mom, how are they not running into multiple versions of past selves and past time travelers? Also, don't forget there was an ALICE drone there that night, so if it is in fact Director Gi, then someone else at ALICE knows ... or is that how Si-young knows? Was she controlling the drone back then?

Oh, and since we know the Book of Prophecy was around in 1982, who the hell wrote it?

Only 2 more episodes ...

39 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay ... so does anyone else remember that scene that shows Detective Ko outside JG's house holding the bloody knife?  Did the writers just forget about that?

That reality was another alternative timeline.  

39 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Since different versions of everyone keep returning to the murder scene/moment of JG's Mom, how are they not running into multiple versions of past selves and past time travelers? Also, don't forget there was an ALICE drone there that night, so if it is in fact Director Gi, then someone else at ALICE knows ... or is that how Si-young knows? Was she controlling the drone back then?

Again alternative timeline. This isn't the same parallel world that Jin Gyeom first went to when he first travelled to 2010.    

i just finished watching ep14.

i'm assuming Time took the form of Jin Gyeom (in the dark hood) and whenever "he" is close by to whichever real Jin Gyeom (high school boy) in 2010 or the current detective in 2020, he will cause the illegal time travel rash to appear on them and influence on their minds.

mind boggling mind boggling...

but, Do Yeon and Tae Yi are really getting closer.. maybe they will really travel to spain together after all!

Best Friends Animation GIF

Archived