[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

@Ameera Ali you know what,  speaking of a not-being-cheated-ever woman, I would say it doesn't necessarily have to be a reason to cheat on someone. She, can say, embodies an impeccable wife who has strong self-finance and senses of reasoning. However, over time, it's getting too boring... and men, they're supposed to have adventure appetite. No wrong to cheat on Sun Woo. (I've already set him up as a trash husband ha ha)

Well, back to my sanity, I'm counting fingers on her next 19+ scene :flushed: (I'm kidding, no I'm serious).  Remember in the intro, she was wearing black dress with a heavy make-up put on with sexy red lipstick. Well, my imagination ran wild for a moment.

34 minutes ago, SaiSai1988 said:

EPISODE 1

Nationwide - 6.260 (1.168 Million Viewers)
Seoul - 6.786 (0.567 Million)

The pilot episode is a hit already! Gonna start watching this :love:

Good news! Encouraging to the whole production crews and artist teams.

25 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

I don’t know if I can handle this one.  I’m already angry.:rage:

Oh boy, it's just begun. Buckle up!!!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how the female lead's last drama was on infidelity too.. Only she did the cheating. This time around she gets cheated on. Karma perhaps LoL. 

So her husband is sleeping with his boss's daughter?! I'd never understand men. They have the perfect wife & yet they go & sleep with the next one that moves basically.:rolleyes: 

Her facial expression when she piece together who the other woman was... It was pretty painful to watch.. I hope she doesn't stab him (eventhough he deserved it) 'cause that'd be the end of the drama LoL. 

1 hour ago, Melody_06 said:

@Ameera Ali you know what,  speaking of a not-being-cheated-ever woman, I would say it doesn't necessarily have to be a reason to cheat on someone. She, can say, embodies an impeccable wife who has strong self-finance and senses of reasoning. However, over time, it's getting too boring... and men, they're supposed to have adventure appetite. No wrong to cheat on Sun Woo. (I've already set him up as a trash husband ha ha)

Well, back to my sanity, I'm counting fingers on her next 19+ scene :flushed: (I'm kidding, no I'm serious).  Remember in the intro, she was wearing black dress with a heavy make-up put on with sexy red lipstick. Well, my imagination ran wild for a moment.

this would be fun ride for who didn’t watch doctor foster ,  the wife will goes nuts on the husband while she keep dressing  Sexy to him  , I hate the child will make her  change her plan soften her up at the end but who care ,I still be watching to see husband suffering :D

But I still think wrong of her to think of using  vulnerable patients , but for her to know her friend cover for him that harsh  :naughty:

even if the friend is jealous or :ph34r:

15853547101585354706.gif

Spoiler

ezgif-4-515bcecdc1f6.gif

I don’t like they making it out like the husband look much  younger in this drama look wise  :crazy:

15853543481585354327.gif

46 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Funny how the female lead's last drama was on infidelity too.. Only she did the cheating. This time around she gets cheated on. Karma perhaps LoL. 

So her husband is sleeping with his boss's daughter?! I'd never understand men. They have the perfect wife & yet they go & sleep with the next one that moves basically.:rolleyes: 

Her facial expression when she piece together who the other woman was... It was pretty painful to watch.. I hope she doesn't stab him (eventhough he deserved it) 'cause that'd be the end of the drama LoL. 

English sub is out and I'm gonna finish every single episode even though I hate the feeling of waiting the next week to come terribly. I remember that scene though some clips uploaded on JTBC Drama Youtube. It's already too painful to handle. Plus, her superb acting would escalate the pain to a higher intolerable level.

23 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

this would be fun ride for who didn’t watch doctor foster ,  the wife will goes nuts on the husband while she keep dress more Sexy to him  , I hate the child will make her  change her plan soften up at the end but who care ,I still be watching to see husband suffering :D

But I still think wrong of her to think of using  vulnerable patients , but for her to know her friend cover for him that harsh  :naughty:

even if the friend is jealous or :ph34r:

Hide contents

I don’t like they making it out like the husband look much  younger in this drama look wise  :crazy:

First of all, I like the idea of her presumed revenge machination only and simply because I can see her in a sexy style which is rarely to be seen from Kim Hee Ae before in her acting repertoire. So, according to your "revelation", the boy should be the stopping catalyst that makes her retreat from her marriage havoc.

Well, about the boy, my big confusion, why is their family photo (the big one in the hallway close to the stair and the entrance door, gosh I've already learned the house' layout) with her in white bridal dress, her husband and...the grown-up boy? Did she have him before the recent marriage?

Well, (another well)... I like the actor in British's Doctor Foster. I deliberately do not watch this series to keep my mind fresh on Korean quasi- remake.

Well, about the boy, my big confusion, why is their family photo (the big one in the hallway close to the stair and the entrance door, gosh I've already learned the house' layout) with her in white bridal dress, her husband and...the grown-up boy? Did she have him before the recent marriage?

15853568681585356851.gif

You mean this , it’s was celebration picture from him to her , because she didn’t wear a wedding dress when they get married . The child is his poor thing didnt have time like him to cheat she was working hard , not like him 

15853570291585357017.gif

https://soompi.com/article/1390934wpp/the-world-of-the-married-sets-jtbc-record-with-premiere-ratings-eccentric-chef-moon-sets-off-to-slow-start

“The World Of The Married” Sets JTBC Record With Premiere Ratings, “Eccentric! Chef Moon” Sets Off To Slow Start

Mar 27, 2020
by R. Jun

D285B98C-668A-47EC-A49A-137F2CE84F8B.png

March 27 brought two new shows to the Friday evening drama scene, both featuring a lead actor making a four-year comeback to the small screen!

JTBC’s “The World of the Married,” which marks Kim Hee Ae‘s first return to dramas in four years, saw an impressive premiere, recording average nationwide viewership of 6.3 percent and setting a new JTBC record for the network’s highest drama premiere ratings.

The drama is about a married couple that falls apart due to betrayal and the ensuing whirlwind of love and hate. Kim Hee Ae plays a family doctor named Ji Sun Woo, who leads a seemingly perfect life with a peaceful family, her husband’s unchanging love, and a good son. When a crack starts to form in her happiness, her life begins to change.

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon,” which is also Shinhwa member Eric‘s first drama in four years, set off to a slow start with ratings of 0.9 percent.

The drama is about reckless world-famous fashion designer Yoo Bella (Go Won Hee), who suffers from memory loss, but experiences love, growth, and success after meeting star chef Moon Seung Mo (Eric).

SBS’s “Hyena” continued with strong viewership on Friday, recording average nationwide ratings of 10.8 percent.

Source (1) (2)

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

You mean this , it’s was celebration picture from him to her , because she didn’t wear a wedding dress when they get married . The child is his poor thing didnt have time like him to cheat she was working hard , not like him 

Totally agree now. But did you notice that the reaction, well to be exact, the facial expression when Je Hyuk mentioned about the wedding photoshoot? That's quite confusing. I'm not certain if he was feeling sorry for her (of course cuz he had know her husband was cheating on her) or he had feelings towards her? Which one do you incline more?

46 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned 
but why kill one bird when she can kill two birds with one stone :mrgreen:

She will not stab him, the promotional video was misleading us ha ha. But I don't get it why you said one stone killed two birds? Except that mistress, who else?

Well, I'm done with the first, premiere episode. Intense and captivating.

“The World Of The Married” Sets JTBC Record With Premiere Ratings, “Eccentric! Chef Moon” Sets Off To Slow Start

Mar 28, 2020
by R. Jun
c2c4c769337e4e8bb56cc68018a6a3cc.jpeg?s=

March 27 brought two new shows to the Friday evening drama scene, both featuring a lead actor making a four-year comeback to the small screen!

JTBC’s “The World of the Married,” which marks Kim Hee Ae‘s first return to dramas in four years, saw an impressive premiere, recording average nationwide viewership of 6.3 percent and setting a new JTBC record for the network’s highest drama premiere ratings.

The drama is about a married couple that falls apart due to betrayal and the ensuing whirlwind of love and hate. Kim Hee Ae plays a family doctor named Ji Sun Woo, who leads a seemingly perfect life with a peaceful family, her husband’s unchanging love, and a good son. When a crack starts to form in her happiness, her life begins to change.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390934wpp/the-world-of-the-married-sets-jtbc-record-with-premiere-ratings-eccentric-chef-moon-sets-off-to-slow-start

I watched the first episode. I could felt the tension of the heroine.

I watched the British series and I get the same vibe with this Korean version. I admit that I don`t remember all the details but I remember some scenes. I did not remember that the daughter of that rich woman was  Lee Tae-O `s mistress but when I saw her at the party, I knew she was the one. Sun woo saw the same bottle of wine at the party, she was young and had reddish hair.

I remember the scene where she will go at Sun Woo`s hospital for a consult.

One of my favorite scene was when Sun woo met Min Hyeon-Seo at the party and talked to her. She apologized that she did not helped her when she was asolted by her violent boyfriend.

"I`m disappointed that a succesful woman like you is not different from someone like me".

I wish Sun Woo will move on but it is easier said than done. That`s what I wanted for Dr Foster too. I will watch her emotinal turmoil after finding that her perfect life is not that perfect after all.

New poster

Scene from ep 2

202003281603405033.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/458/NB11942458.html

She will not stab him, the promotional video was misleading us ha ha. But I don't get it why you said one stone killed two birds? Except that mistress, who else?

I mean she could easily throw him out , but kissing him while mistress watching probably to hurt her , by now she don’t want him to go like nothing happened. she want two loving bird to lose everything so my point she would want to kill two bird with one stone :D

For him she wouldn’t him to see what he lost , valuable home , fancy car , big job she helping with ( remember scene people invested money because of her  ) & his reputation :mrgreen:

For her : lose her reputation, destroys her father business when everyone know his daughter  being a homewrecker

OST Part I. Well, the first time when I listened to this song at the end of the first episode, I told myself that I knew her but couldn't recall the name... there she is... the queen of all epic OST we've enjoyed so far. I fell in love with this song already. I'm looking forwards to the release of the soundtrack too. it doesn't sound like Korean but more German (similar to the K2 soundtrack).

EPISODE 2

Nationwide - 9.979 (2.141 Million Viewers)
Seoul - 11.023 (1.178 Million Viewers)

GOSH! Viewing figures almost doubled! I have watched the first episode and I would say, it was a bang! Amazing performance especial by the ageless Kim Hee Ae! Looking forward for more!

WoW. The bastard denied he's havin' an affair! And the mistress is..pregnant. WoW. Looks like everyone's in on it except for Sun Woo... not sure 'bout her son..?

When the mistress was in Sun Woo's office, I was hoping she'd pull all her hair out but she's much too classy, elegant for that huh LoL.

The actor who plays the good-for-nothing husband, look young when not smiling. When he does though, the wrinkles round his eyes show his age. The actress who plays the mistress look a lot like Park Han Byul. He's way worse than the cheating spouse on VIP. He had his wedding band on while bein' with the hussy for goodness sakes. 

I'm hoping she'd gather enough courage to divorce his useless @$$! He's such a pathetic slob, unless she's keeping him round for appearances sake?   

https://soompi.com/article/1391116wpp/lee-min-jung-and-lee-sang-yeobs-once-again-choi-jin-hyuks-rugal-both-premiere-to-higher-ratings-than-predecessors

Lee Min Jung And Lee Sang Yeob’s “Once Again” + Choi Jin Hyuk’s “Rugal” Both Premiere To Higher Ratings Than Predecessors

Mar 28, 2020
by E. Cha

Both KBS 2TV’s “Once Again” and OCN’s “Rugal” are off to promising starts!

On March 28, Lee Min Jung and Lee Sang Yeob’s new weekend drama “Once Again” premiered to strong viewership ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 19.4 percent and 23.1 percent for its two parts.

Not only did “Once Again” manage to break past the 20 percent barrier in its very first broadcast, but it also easily surpassed the premiere ratings of 17.1 percent and 19.6 percent achieved by its predecessor “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot).

Meanwhile, Choi Jin Hyuk’s new sci-fi thriller “Rugal,” which also premiered last night, scored an average nationwide rating of 2.6 percent for its first episode. Although “Rugal” wasn’t able to live up to the 4.4 percent rating achieved by the finale of “Tell Me What You Saw” (which previously occupied its time slot), it did beat the average rating of 2.0 percent achieved by its predecessor’s premiere.

Finally, after setting a record for the highest premiere ratings ever achieved by a JTBC drama, “The World of the Married” saw an impressive rise in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the March 28 broadcast of the new drama scored an average nationwide rating of 10 percent.

Are you watching any of these new dramas? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Source (1) (2) (3)

Here is preview for episode 3. tagline: I`m going crazy is that I love two people at the same time.

This make me so angry already, so rather watch something else. But enjoy for those watching this drama :) 

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

WoW. The bastard denied he's havin' an affair! And the mistress is..pregnant. WoW. Looks like everyone's in on it except for Sun Woo... not sure 'bout her son..?

I think her son knows. He is in a difficult position. He loves both his parents and I think he will be hurt the most when his parents will separate. But I can`t get over the fact that her friends knew and they pretend everything was all right. Not only Sun Woo had a shock that his husband has an affair but knowing that so called friends knew this, the pain is double.

I remembered that watching Dr Foster was stressful because I could feel the heroine emotional turmoil. I wanted her so much to move on and forget that lousy husband. I can`t believe it I will watch it again but this remake is very well done and the actors are doing a wonderful job. I will continue to watch.

Once again I like the scene between Sun Woo and Min Hyeon-Seo. I like how the two women connected. I expected that Sun woo will come to the rescue and she did. :D

A good scene was when Sun Woo and Da-Kyung met at the hospital.

I can`t believe the husband did not confess. He knew well that his mistress urges him to tell the wife, to separate. He is a coward and someone who can`t make decisions. He is the worst. Not telling the wife but not ending the affair either.

22 hours ago, larus said:

One of my favorite scene was when Sun woo met Min Hyeon-Seo at the party and talked to her. She apologized that she did not helped her when she was asolted by her violent boyfriend.

"I`m disappointed that a succesful woman like you is not different from someone like me".

This is my favourite moment of the first episode too. Hopefully, the assaulted girl will become her best friend/supporter for her to carry out her revenge.

Another scene that took my breath away is when she deliberately crossed the yellow/red light at the intersection whilst tailgating her husband. For somebody who has been in an auto collision before, they would be startled for that second. It could've cost her life.

21 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I mean she could easily throw him out , but kissing him while mistress watching probably to hurt her , by now she don’t want him to go like nothing happened. she want two loving bird to lose everything so my point she would want to kill two bird with one stone :D

For him she wouldn’t him to see what he lost , valuable home , fancy car , big job she helping with ( remember scene people invested money because of her  ) & his reputation :mrgreen:

For her : lose her reputation, destroys her father business when everyone know his daughter  being a homewrecker

I see your point. My question is what it would look like if her father/the president figured out their disgusting affair. I like how you put it "homewrecker" ha ha totally true. Or probably she takes after her mom. Look at how that so-called noble lady reacted to the first time seeing TaeOh at the exhibition night.

13 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The man got the video is her patient. He'll have something to do with Sun Woo later. I remember the kitchen scene when she broke down cuz he kept denying his fault. It was torturing looking at her helplessly before her husband day-light lies. Poor our delicate Sun Woo.

12 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

SW wanting him to choose her will probably end up biting her in the back.  He only cares about himself.  As for the mistress, she deserves whatever bad karma she gets because she’s fully aware of what she’s doing.

You're correct. There's nothing that could make sense to defend yourself as love two women at the same time. Only selfish and egoless man can utter such crap thing. I wonder to whom he confided that according to the teaser of ep3.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I think her son knows. He is in a difficult position. He loves both his parents and I think he will be hurt the most when his parents will separate. But I can`t get over the fact that her friends knew and they pretend everything was all right. Not only Sun Woo had a shock that his husband has an affair but knowing that so called friends knew this, the pain is double.

I remembered that watching Dr Foster was stressful because I could feel the heroine emotional turmoil. I wanted her so much to move on and forget that lousy husband. I can`t believe it I will watch it again but this remake is very well done and the actors are doing a wonderful job. I will continue to watch.

Once again I like the scene between Sun Woo and Min Hyeon-Seo. I like how the two women connected. I expected that Sun woo will come to the rescue and she did. :D

A good scene was when Sun Woo and Da-Kyung met at the hospital.

I can`t believe the husband did not confess. He knew well that his mistress urges him to tell the wife, to separate. He is a coward and someone who can`t make decisions. He is the worst. Not telling the wife but not ending the affair either.

I would want to believe in the hypothesis that her son did not figure out this until anytime later. His strange expression might be misleading the audience in such a way that we could assume he had an idea about his dad's affair. He might have known something or smelt something but not the affair, to my point of view.

I haven't watched the original series and in intention to keep my mind fresh about the unfolding story as well as eliminate the possible comparison, I will sit tight and wait every week. I remember when tVN remake the series A Good Wife, it was a great work but since I had watched the US version, it was a little bit predictable at some point in the story-line.

I actually really liked that scene, she acted as a very powerful, knowledgeable woman. She is cognizant of what she's earned, what she's capable of... it's just a perfect image of something that would have said the otherwise "key kid, violence is of no use here, call in your brain and reflect where you're standing"... Her facial expression was a tad wicked too. She absolutely can turn bad towards her trashy husband.

shoot, I havent watched a kdrama seriously for over a year now (Black Dog was fine but wasnt pulling me enough to finish it), last time a kdrama pushed me to post anything on soompi was I guess Sky Castle and damn this show, although I mistakenly watched  half of episode 2 first (dammit, I'm stupid I've realized my mistake after watching half of the episode already) but still...this drama is everything. Lately kdramas have been a tad boring with their stories but this is something else, it has some of the elements of misty that I really loved (esp. strong women characters, miss you Hye-Ran!!) and the background music just feeds us the necessary inner thoughts the characters portray by complimenting the mood they're in. Really loved the premiere and hopefully it gets better as the show progresses.

*SPOILERS* 

Everything feels real and true to life except for the fact that maybe I was a bit pulled back by how she handled the information knowing her friend lied to her about the affair, like nothing happened the next day and she was already on her side? IDK but I would have been pissed off. Anyway, hopefully other people enjoy this drama, and to us who already are enjoying it, lets enjoy the ride!!!

Archived