[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

10 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Yeah. Just watched the raw myself.

Hide contents

The writer really tried to play the HJ going back to JS card the last half of the episode. I wasn't falling for it.

I rolled my eyes on that... as if the viewers are not deprived enough of DG-HJ scenes together. We are robbed of a wedding. Only get to see the invitation card... *rolleyesagain* 

I am just so glad this drama is finally over. 

Thank you all for your company here. Don’t think I will be watching dailies again anytime soon haha...

• Like 7

@ktcjdrama HJ and DG were not an appealing couple. Id even say they grossed me out a bit. Anyway, I never enjoyed seeing them together like I did Dimples Chef and Oh Dal Nim in Sweet Enemy, or Ye Eun and Sexy Abs Oppa in Happy Sisters.

• Like 6

Finally this non sense of drama is over. I definetly would never see something from this writter. This was just waist of time. Hope see you on another drama...take care 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@ktcjdrama HJ and DG were not an appealing couple. Id even say they grossed me out a bit. Anyway, I never enjoyed seeing them together like I did Dimples Chef and Oh Dal Nim in Sweet Enemy, or Ye Eun and Sexy Abs Oppa in Happy Sisters.

Yeah I enjoyed the dialog in Happy Sisters a lot more. There were some deep conversations in that one.

Not the fault of the cast on the lack of character and relationship depth in this one. They can only act the script they are given. Actually, it seems to me the script quality of kdramas overall have kind of dropped off a bit the last couple of years. Every once in a while you find a gem of a script but you have to look for them.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

happy sisters was one of the better ones yeah. good chemistry between the leads. secondary couple was pretty nice also, though the sister would annoy me from time to time, otherwise it was nice. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roli said:

Finally this non sense of drama is over. I definetly would never see something from this writter. This was just waist of time. Hope see you on another drama...take care 

Im going to try the next one, and if it sucks, then I give up on. SBS. @rolisrntex is right, the quality has been dropping.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, tulip06 said:

HJ and DG were not an appealing couple. Id even say they grossed me out a bit.

I started watching because of the trailer where they were bickering about the tonkatsu and HJ fell sitting on the empty dirty plate. I love watching them because of their constant being at loggerheads. Quite disappointed with the later development of the story. It had potential to be much better. Anyway, it's finally a wrap and I'm glad to say goodbye to the series.

• Like 8

Yah we made it to the end my lovelies. Well done you for push through all the muck. Decent ending in the end as we weren't left wondering about any of the main characters. I agree the potential was there but never explored. Oh well I deffo got too much free time on my  hands, so what the next daily :sweatingbullets:. On the plus side as it got bad I tended to just watch the raws and only check out bits of the English versions if I heard something interesting to see if understood it correct. So looks like them Korean lessons from many many moons ago haven't been a complete waste think I might just go digging for my old textbooks are start learning korean again. Think I'll try watching more raws. :D

@Halo21 they had a cute little baby boy. And gave him a shite name. :D

Anyhoos see you guys on another thread somewhere out there in dramaland. It's been great reading all you comments.

• Like 8

I guess everyone was glad to see this one end. I figured there would be more comments after the subs came out. As for me, The drama ended badly IMO. I didn't like the finger wagging at the audience from the writer and how they made the drama about them in the last third but....

I am going to miss my daily dose of SYY I have had the last 6 months. I am contemplating taking a break from SBS dailies but who knows?

Anyway I enjoyed watching the drama with everyone and maybe we'll meet in another thread somewhere.

• Like 6

Haven't posted in a week. Lost my pep. I've seen all episodes except for ep120. I guess that's when  JS's dad moved back in with his son. I have not seen the last two episodes subbed. But here are my comments 'bout wanna taste.

JS is made of steel. To be hit by a car, do a triple flip in the air, land on the ground, blood on the ground, and came out with only a few scratches after a stay in the hospital. And DG lifted JSs' head at the scene of the accident.  Maybe he did that on purpose to maybe injure him more. And then they show up in what appears to be a two month old baby after a one year leap. I'm doing my math.

The three people that put the most energy into the characters in this drama were Yuran, Ok Boon, and JS

DG and HJ put a lot of believable energy in their acting when they were fighting with each other. I'm guessing they didn't need words from their script to do this.I didn't see the chemistry when they were being lovey dovey. Maybe their real spouses were nearby or they were afraid of the virus.  Boring. But the scenery was great. Spring. I know the actress is good, I don't know about DG. I'll have to look at his other dramas to see how he clicks with his fl.

Makeup:  They put a whole lot of foundation on JS; wrong color and not blended. Same for his dad in one of the last two episodes. I think HJ got the same makeup person on a couple of episodes.  DG probably refused makeup or didn't need it. If you watched on a smart phone or 7 in tablet, you can hardly notice it. If it's on a 40 inch smart tv or bigger, it gets scary cause you notice everything.

I do believe most people were paired up correctly.  DG and HJ, they are the mellow type.  JS and JR are a match too, showy, party type.

JB went from wearing her Kill Bill yellow suit, to expensive mini dress/skirts, to raiding Ok Boons closet.

So, the above is what's been on my mind. If you're still around to comment, what's yours?

Edited by brooksmom
have more to add
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

I have to admit I skipped several episodes  towards the end, but the last two episodes were good.  Ends were tied up nicely and the rotten people got what they deserved.  Thanks, everyone, for keeping the comments coming on this drama, and we'll  meet up at another real soon.

• Like 8

I've just watched the final 2 episodes. The writer really threw away Character developMent for Yuran and JW. Quite disappointed with how the drama was wrapped up. Though I like how JS did his best for HJ and Yuri, in his own way.

It has been fun reading All your Comments!

Take care!

• Like 7

normally have lots to say but this is one drama ending that left me feeling zapped. it feels like those movies -- when you start, you are sitting on the sofa and after a while, your body start slinking into sleep mode position and before you know it, the credits are playing and if someone asked you how it ended, all you can say "the end?" :sweatingbullets::lol:

it felt like the writer kept taking pot shots at the viewers -- when dae gu said he will miss the viewers who logged in to comment -- "well I hope they chewed your brains out!" was my thought. feel the writer is a naturally sarcastic/pessimistic person. they wanted to write a warm drama but somehow can't. the romance was pretty subpar though everything looked pretty thanks to PD. and yes, what was with hae jin looking like minnie mouse a lot? the writer seemed determined to not write a revenge drama but wanted to throw some revenge elements in. so the green mamba fell asleep gritting her teeth and fisting her palm throughout most of the series. the writer couldn't' seem to decide whether to redeem characters or not; perhaps the message was simply that some people suck and will never change while some folks will change slightly. I don't know. all I can tell is the writer was absurdly attached to the lee family. the guy went from failing his exams to passing his civil service exams. ummm, okay. so he had some brain boost from the accident and became smarter? how does a divorce make someone more brainier?

even shady mom was better written. at least evil mom's fabulous purple hair had more character and excitement than this drama! ^_^ see you all in other threads. will check out the next one just out of boredom...

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요
On 5/2/2020 at 5:06 AM, rolisrntex said:

Yeah I enjoyed the dialog in Happy Sisters a lot more. There were some deep conversations in that one.

Not the fault of the cast on the lack of character and relationship depth in this one. They can only act the script they are given. Actually, it seems to me the script quality of kdramas overall have kind of dropped off a bit the last couple of years. Every once in a while you find a gem of a script but you have to look for them.

I agree with both points. The actors who played HJ and DG have been brilliant on other dramas so here, I blame the writer and the producer for their bland performance here.   They were really kind but extremely dull unappealing characters.  Two positives make a negative! 

But the absolute worst was having that lazy, self-entitled loser Papa Lee move in with HJ and her family!  Its like rewarding him for being a useless parasite.   I actually felt sorry for JS whenever they showed the family together.  Its very obvious that Dad and Sister don't regard him as family.  Maybe that's why they had ill-treated HS as well.  If JS is not family, his wife will definitely not be loved by them.  At least he has a daughter who loves him.

And the writers's idea of JS's sister maturing is by being married to HJ's brother.  Other than that, she has not changed.  She is still the same stuck-up brat to her colleagues.  She still acts like the Queen to her Dad and pushes her brother like he's worst than a stray dog.  We only know she loves her niece because she said to her many times (when HJ and JS got divorced).  It was never evident when they showed them together but we had to take her word for it.   And I felt nauseous each time she told HJ "now we are real sisters".  Hello, you have a real brother whom you never treated as one!  How would you know how to be a real sibling!  Just because she is nice to HJ, we are supposed to regard her as turned over a new leave, maturing etc.  She needs to be nice to HJ to stay married to HJ's brother!! 

And the writer's idea of a joke is to have those two women constantly call themselves beautiful.  HJ's mother whose face is so fierce and damm scary.  And her sister-in-law who sorry to say, despite the evident plastic surgery actually looks quite gross.  Looks like she has overdone the plastic surgery.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

On 5/4/2020 at 1:59 AM, O said:

The actors who played HJ and DG have been brilliant on other dramas so here, I blame the writer and the producer for their bland performance here. 

I agree with this. The ending was satisfactory as it could have been worse. I had high hopes for this drama when it started and I feel like the writer ruined it. They made the leads into secondary characters while we had to endure other plot lines. The Lee's took up way too much time that should have been spent on showing more growth for HJ and DG. It became more about the Lee's then about how DG and HJ were suppose to start over and live well.

I do feel that on certain plot lines the story change from the way it was suppose to originally go. I am not sure if that is based on audience response or the networks input, but in a way those changes may have caused a lukewarm response. It's for sure the whole plot with CJ and JBong was the worst part. Perhaps this writers next drama will be better as they have learned a lot from this experience. 

We ended up with extra (and unnecessary) drama from YR who was such a smart and mature child who turned into a brat and broke up her father's marriage and then tried to use emotional blackmail on her mom. Only in the last few episodes did this kid wake up and give her blessing to her mom.  

The character of Yran was turned around and around and finally settled on her being evil to the end. Not sure why we had to endure a possible redemption for her, but glad that at the end they got back on track and just let her be evil and unrepentant to the end. 

JH finally getting his was good, but I had a problem with the fact that JW gave away his house to the stepmom. Yes, he should have been nicer to them but at the same time isn't that his house that his mom once lived in? Why should the stepmom get the house? It took too long for us to get JW's revenge. 

I can't understand as well how later JS was able to apply himself and study but for 7 years he did not do it with HJ. He took for granted everything she did for him back then. So now with no one behind him to push him he had to do it for himself.  I guess he needed the kick in the pants from HJ telling him she would never go back to him and hitting rock bottom to jump start his brain. 

At least in the end we see the potential for a new start with JR. Both JS and JR have grown up so I guess they now will be on an even foot to start again. 

The actors playing DG and HJ have done well in other drama's with other writers. I hope we get to see them again soon as leads in a new daily. 

Well its over and done with thank goodness. It was not the worst drama I have ever seen but its going to go on my list of writers not to watch again. I enjoyed everyone's comments in this thread and hope to see  you in the thread for the next drama after this one. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 5/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I agree with this. The ending was satisfactory as it could have been worse. I had high hopes for this drama when it started and I feel like the writer ruined it.

@Ldy Gmerm You final analysis is spot on as usual. Like you I was disappointed the way the drama turned out and like you I blame it on the writer. The story had so much potential. It would have been nice to see SYY team up once again with the PD of the current daily. I guess the folks at SBS felt they need to mix things up. I'm also hoping to see Han Young (San Eun from Happy Sisters) in another daily soon. It appears she was originally supposed to take the YR role in this one but whatever happened I think it was for the best she ultimately didn't do it. I don't know it would have been a good role for her. Welp on to the next drama I guess.  

• Like 4