[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

I just wanna say that Hyun Bin didn't totally ignored Son Ye Jin in the 2014 PIFAN Awards. It seemed like the awards were pre-determined that's why they were sitting together. When they were called, Hyun Bin stood up and congratulated her first. He was even looking over her when they stepped out of the stage. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Uuuw said:

That gif was from the video shared here in previous pages, from bilibili- a Chinese fan made it long time ago and uploaded to that website. It is not her (ig _hb_yejin_) work. And if you remembered that ‘holding hands under the table’ incident the original post was from weibo (basically Chinese twitter), it was quickly deleted urged by the Chinese shippers but someone took it and reposted on instagram with lots of hashtags. Then Koreans saw it and re-uploaded to DC (a famous Koreans forum) and journalists started to write articles. We could potentially avoid that last statement from both agencies but again we knew what happened. That is why I said those are speculations and will do no good to the actors.

I mean discussion here is completely fine - that is why this forum exists but when it comes to open platforms please be mindful.

Ah ok gotcha, yeah fair enuf..

@Ri Se Ri He's just courteous IMO, it's his normal self that we all used to know until... well TN promotion era... He treats all female stars that way. He never worked with her before as of 2014, so I think it's normal for him to be courteous or shy next to her. Remember, he's not an extrovert and goofy type of person. We all may forgot about his normal self as we mostly focus on his interactions with SYJ. People who know him from TN/ CLOY would never imagine him as a shy introvert in the public. Let's be fair and honest, if his eyes glued to her in that award show like he's doing now, I think SYJ will not like him and he's not the HB we know of... 

It just further proofs that now he sees her as someone special and not just a colleague that their agencies claim they are. That's all. It's a just good reference for us to compare "before" and "after". 

See shoppers trying to question his behaviour in the 2104 award show, so want to pitch in my 2 cents here... 

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kari said:

Anyways, I became a huge SYJ fan after CLOY. I've always liked HB but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. I do admire his personality and professionalism. I did a ton of research on our two leads after CLOY, more so SYJ of course. I posted a few things in the SYJ forum and said I wouldn't ship her with anyone. But my god, after reading and watching so much of her interviews, especially the ones with HB, I cannot help but think they are indeed together. Their interactions with each other are just so natural. You can see and sense their compatibility.

Now, I've asked myself, can they really just be "close friends?" I'm a firm believer that a (straight) man and woman can be close friends. However, here's the thing. They've only really met each other in 2017 and gotten to know each other starting Aug-Sept 2018. There is NO WAY you can become so compatible and natural within the span of 1.5 years (taken from the dates of the Swoon interviews), definitely not between a man and a woman at their age. When you watch their interviews, it seems like they know each other so well, almost inside out. When I watched the CLOY behind the scenes, even my partner, who didn't know about their dating rumors, said they acted like a couple! 

When I look at them, I'm less interested in over-analyzing their every big or small action. I'm more interested in assessing their personalities, their mindsets, and most of all, their values. From what I've seen and read, it seems like they have very similar values. They both value communication and family. That is the most important thing in a relationship - values. If a couple don't have similar values, it doesn't matter how similar their interests are. Personalities can be compromised or changed for the other party. And I feel like that's what we see - HB has become more outgoing and cute, SYJ has become less 'distant.' What I mean by less distant is that, although she is very fun and outgoing, I can tell she did set up a wall around herself in the past. I watched her Master in the House episodes, and my god, I fell in love with her too. She is so intelligent, fun, and independent. Her house has many expensive things, but she has great tastes. It's simple and stylish. She packed all the food and organized then in bags for the MITH hosts, which shows how independent and prepared she is. She isn't the type to settle for a man for the sake of marriage and to give into societal pressure. She has always taken on roles that touch on social issues, which I really admire. So she is a woman who knows what she wants. But when I see her with HB, those walls I saw are broken down. HB, on the other hand, has always been reserved and respectful, especially towards women. However, he is no push-over, as he is a founder of a company. And he was never afraid to admit relationships. The fact that he dated SHK (who I was a big fan of back then) when he was still just a newcomer that time and knowing that she dated LBH, shows me that this man is a go-getter. HB is literally the perfect man as long as you see past the surface (reserved personality, boring ahjussi-like lifestyle). SYJ and HB complement each other so well. To me, I see they can ignite each other's lives and make up for each other's flaws.

Okay, I've type so much. Sorry for the long post. I'll end my introduction post by saying this: I really admire how they described each other during the TN promos. The fact that the first thing HB described SYJ to the public is that she is a brilliant actress and he said he could learn from her shows me he is such a humble and secure man. He's not those guys who would be insecure about his woman outshining him. From SYJ's standpoint, I'm sure she was touched. I read old interviews of her male co-stars and the first thing they described her as is "pretty." SYJ, being a competent and intelligent woman, is probably so used to meeting shallow guys. HB probably took her by surprise. And to this day, she has always described HB as "cute" or "good to others." Their answers tell me that they see each other past the surface and really took the time to learn about and admire each other. My favorite interview is the Swoon where they read compliments to each other. I have watched that video more than 5 times. I can go on and on about that video (maybe I'll write in another post) but the one thing that struck out to me is they BOTH wrote that they'll support each other forever. They're both passionate about acting, so I don't think they're the type who would mind the future roles each other will take, because they know it's for the art. As an actor, they probably feel like it's a blessing to have found such a supportive and understanding partner. 

Anyways, I've typed so much. I'm just excited to share my thoughts. Thank you everyone for being so active. Let's cheer for our BinJin!

Love your long analysis so much!! It's always so fun when we have a new "convert" to Binjin cuz it brings new perspective to this couple. I've highlighted the parts that I especially like and agree with above.  It's always revealing when a non-kdrama or non-fan (ie. your partner) watch their interactions and think they are a couple. At least they were not delulu when they made that conclusion LOL!!

I totally agree about how their shared values is even more important than observing their behaviours. And so true about how they adjusted their personalities to fit into each other, cuz they care enough and want to do it. They really bring out the best in each other, and that's why I am so delulu about them LOL!! Even if they are just best of friends (I hope it's more), it leaves a super warm-feeling in my heart!

I also catch the same vibe that HB is  always complimenting SYJ's talent and performance, and how much he values and respect her as a fellow actor. He only says she is pretty when the MC ask him, and even then he shyly answers it. I think that's so charming and I am quite sure SYJ must be charmed by that too, how he exuberantly talks about her talent and shyly compliments her beauty. Cuz that's what she's looking for in a life partner, isn't it? Someone who appreciates/ admires and understands her career first, and likes how she looks second. It really does take a very secure and humble man to be able to do that.

Can't wait for more analysis from you!

16 hours ago, ann-tole said:

This seldom happens when we do grocery shopping as a group. We tend to stick together because you want to know what each person wants to bring, especially when it comes to drinks!! If the group is planning on drinking, you don't get to have two persons just deciding what wine to drink, unless they offered, as a couple, to pay for it (But even then usually the group is behind you chatting together, giving advices and all). That's why you go there as a group. On the other hand, if you do split while  doing grocery shopping as a group, you will still end up sticking with the person you're closed with the most. Two things, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are close, yes, but are they close enough for Hyun Bin to actually follow Ye jin's steps, and go as far as take care of her bag, in what is supposedly a spontaneous meeting among acquaintances? It's either they go there in the grocery already as a "couple", so everyone already understands why you are separating from other group, or like what most people believe, it's just the two of them. Either way, the fact that they HB is sticking with SYJ here while doing grocery shopping, whether together or in group, makes the words "spontaneous" and "acquaintance" sound so silly. As in anything, when you do things again and again, you sort of have a rhythm, which is something I see with how HB is pushing the cart while SYJ is looking for other things to buy. I do believe that this is not the first time they did it. 

Again, like I said, as someone who actually goes grocery shopping with my guy bestfriend, this may look believable at first glance. It's way they explain it that doesn't make sense at all! Because they are contradicting themselves in highlighting how HB and SYJ are close, but at the same time saying they are close only in "acquaintance" (as in colleague)  kind of way, which is them wanting to have the cake and eat it too. 

What makes me believe that they are together here as a couple is not that they are doing grocery shopping together, but THE WAY they are doing grocery shopping together. 

Another great new perspective on Binjin's grocery shopping clues! Even if they were with friends, they were following each other around, away from these friends. One big clue is SYJ's bag inside the shopping cart. Totally a boyfriend-type action LOL!!

2 hours ago, Jbelr said:

Hi! I’m a shipper too.  I couldn’t get over it and I have to literally stop myself from watching it over and over again.  

Just want to ask if anyone here found the complete footage of TN stage greeting in Daegu in September 30, 2018. I wanna see it because sonyejin snowstars posted it and SYJ was emotional, crying quietly. So I’ve been wanting to see it, hope can find the whole footage and understand why she was crying.

Oh, SYJ was crying during the Daegu TB stage greeting? Never seen nor read about it. Will be quite interested to see this footage too and find out more.

@Avani  Though I can understand that you like doing analysis and speculation, but I do feel uncomfortable that almost ALL your analysis about SYJ was negative. As most of these are speculations and rather subjective, I think it's not fair to her. Also, I don't think she is flirty. She is outgoing and cheeky, and likes to tease people. I also don't think HB had a "negative" perception of SYJ prior to TN. That's too big an assumption to make, and HB has never stated that at all. Personally, I think HB probably thot SYJ was more quiet and melancholy based on her most famous works and was surprised that she is so bubbly and bright in real life. That was also my initial perception of SYJ before I got to know her better via the different interviews and variety show appearances.

I believe you are sincere when you posted your thots, and did not mean for it to be negative. Perhaps some adjustment to some of the words used will help prevent any miscommunication. Thanks!

• Like 16
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Wol-sook said:

Delurking here... isn't  Ralph's  pretty risky too? As an Asian, I shop there all the time... for dairy products in particular :sweat_smile:... They also have "hard to miss" faces, so I really don't know what got into them when they think they won't get spotted TBH.  Probably just like those reporters from A-channel said, they got away with it so many times that they thought they won't get spotted? Being seen in the public in LA pretty much expose your status to the whole asian community. There's just too many asians everywhere, even in the WestWood/ Santa Monica/ Beverly Hills area. In addition, both of them are all house-hold names for over a decay!

Sometimes I feel sorry for them :cry:  it's so hard for them to do something that we all take it for granted. They already travelled 1/2 the globe to do things normal people would do, just getting some "me time" with your gf/bf, then it still blow up in all asian headlines... It may get worse after CLOY as it's been so popular in pretty much all continents... 

Anyway, as.a shopper, I am still glad we got those photos though, as they really tell us we are not in our delulu mind. Hope the ship sails smoothly to its destination. I think none of us here question them being together, it's a matter whether it lasts and they will find their happy ending. 

I love the term "delurking". :D Last I checked, there are about 22 branches of Ralphs in the LA area, alone, so they probably might have thought the chances of getting caught were pretty low. Plus, going for a quick grocery run clad in casual clothes with a cap seemed ideal over sitting at a restaurant for an extended period of time and having to not wear a cap while dining. 

• LOL 5
  • Insightful 2

Hi All! For who celebrates Easter and for who doesn't, since any day is good for celebrating the light of love. Our couple encounters lots of darkness in CLOY, simply by power outages or by being chased and threatened in the dark. However, those events just allow for light to shine more and be more noticed. I just watched this video and the candle rescue scene inspired me to think...how shiny, totally brilliant, is the CLOY endind. Two people living generously, with love and sacrifice, not to just fulfill their love desire but to embrace everyone else in it (from their parents, to their countries, to the young artistes they support), and so living fully while patiently waiting for their happiest time to come. I so wish that our two beloved actors live fully as well in the present, looking forward to the future. No matter how the world may use them for fun, may they take in and cherish only the love that they receive from the world. May we be love to them. 

• Like 6
  • Love 12

I hope someone can point me to the specific Soompi forum rule that states we can't criticize an actor or an actress that we ship. Please don't misunderstand this as something negative. I'm just slightly concerned that there are posts, here, that are deemed "disrespectful" by some and thus, feared as the reasons why this thread could get locked again.

I apologize if I sound slightly forthright about this. It just comes as a little bit of a surprise to me, maybe due to me having come from two countries that are a bit looser with criticism of celebrities. I do acknowledge though that there's a fine line between propagating something defamatory (lies pushed as "truth") and posting something clearly marked as speculative or as an opinion. As such, I'd like to make it clear: I agree with being careful, responsible and thoughtful over what we post.

Anyway, this isn't to be rude, off-topic or anything. I'm a new shipper of the two, and new, in general to KEnt/KDramas, but I'm not new to shipping celebrity couples on social media platforms and various other forums. Like everyone here, I would love nothing but for those two to get married. :wub: But they're human, too, bound to make mistakes and aren't immune to criticisms that, viewed from a different perspective, can help them improve in general. I just thought we could maybe shift to helping correct misnomers posted about the two instead of chastising those who post their opinions that might not sound favorable to everyone.

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, CallMeByMyRealName said:

I hope someone can point me to the specific Soompi forum rule that states we can't criticize an actor or an actress that we ship. Please don't misunderstand this as something negative. I'm just slightly concerned that there are posts, here, that are deemed "disrespectful" by some and thus, feared as the reasons why this thread could get locked again.

Please forgive me if I sound slightly forthright about this. It just comes as a little bit of a surprise to me, probably due to having come from two countries that are a bit looser with criticism of celebrities. I do acknowledge though that there are fine lines between propagating something defamatory (lies pushed as "truth") over posting something clearly marked as speculative or as an opinion. And I agree with being responsible and thoughtful over what we post.

Anyway, this isn't to be rude, off-topic or anything. I'm a new shipper of the two, and new, in general to KEnt/KDramas, but I'm not new to shipping celebrity couples on social media platforms and various other forums. Like everyone here, I would love nothing but for those two to get married. :wub: But they're human, too, bound to make mistakes and aren't immune to criticisms that, viewed from a different perspective, can help them improve in general. I just thought we could maybe shift to helping correct misnomers posted about the two rather than chastising those who post their opinions/speculations.

Yeah thanks for posting this, was starting to feel some negativity and didnt really know how to express it, you've said it very well

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For friends here (especially new ones), please review the rules of shipping forum. This thread got locked (more than once) & received multiple warnings from MODs for breaking the rules.

[Some of the warnings from the moderators] On 3/17/2020 at 9:17 PM, stroppyse said:
PLEASE READ
Also, this thread is a Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin Shipper thread. If anyone wants to know about a different pairing FOR ANY reason, go to that shipping thread or to an acting thread to ask.
- Please be aware that any posts which go off-topic and/or is anti-ship bias may be removed from a shipper thread. So, please be respectful with all of your posts in terms of each other, the actors, and the characters they portray. 
However, if anyone suspects that someone may be a troll, please report the post(s) and allow the moderators to review it and take any actions as may be necessary. Do not respond to someone you think may be a troll since that will only prolong any negativity.
- Members of this thread should learn how to use DM to discuss things directly with each. If you don’t like someone’s comment, either ignore it or send them a DM asking for clarification and/or to continue the disagreement.

2. Do not insult a celebrity / a member, whether directly or indirectly.
4. Do not engage in off-topic conversations.

If you'd like to discuss / post off-topic conversations (i.e. chit-chats / greetings / discussions about irrelevant couples), do so through personal message or where else more appropriate. Posts that don't abide by this rule may be subject to deletion without notice.

=> this thread is for HB+SYJ only.  For other pairing (not HB+SYJ), please go to their own thread:

Please stop comparing and/or putting either of them down.  
3. Do not bash drama and movie characters, actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information. 

———————————-————-————————————

[February 17, 2011] THE MOST AMAZING GUY - in-depth interview with Hyun Bin

https://otayamin.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/the-amazing-mr-bin/

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 7

To address negative speculations on SYJ's attitudes in MBC’s “Infinity Challenge” in a previous post. 

IT WAS A PRANK which she & Jung Il Woo (an actor) had informed the production team about. 

I did not understand why she suddenly cried & did not want to continue to practice dancing on the show as SHE ACTED SO WELL

When THE PRANK WAS REVEALED, I said to myself, no wonder why she has won so many acting awards. 

https://youtu.be/f5Ll7Ni8Zos

=========

“Pirates” Actress Son Ye Jin Reveals Her Love For Hidden Camera Pranks

Actress Son Ye Jin recently confessed her love for hidden camera pranks. The talented actress let it be known that she also had a mischievous and playful side to her. 

On July 23, Son Ye Jin and her fellow co-stars Kim Nam Gil, Lee Gyeung Young, Yu Hae Jin and Kim Tae Woo from upcoming film, “Pirates,” as well as the director gathered at a restaurant somewhere in Jayang-dong, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul for a press forum. 

On that day, Son Ye Jin was asked, “Why do you love hidden camera pranks so much?” to which she replied, “I’ve loved them since I was a kid in school. Hidden camera pranks were my addiction.” 

Son Ye Jin had recently teamed up with Jung Il woo to fool her members with a hidden camera prank in the special edition of MBC’s “Infinity Challenge” for the Brazil Fifa World Cup. 

She continued, “(Jung) Il woo lacks a sense for these sort of things. He’s kind, innocent and overflows with passion for his work but for hidden cameras to work you need to be able to penetrate the minds of others. I am full of mischief. I love playing games and fooling other people.” 

She added, “If there are a lot of people gathered, I tend to start hidden camera pranks by telling people, ‘You’re going to play this role. You’re going to play that role.’ Even back in college, I used to be involved in them when we would go on MT trips. However, we were unable to try any hidden camera pranks while filming, ‘Pirates.’ We just didn’t have the time.” 

https://www.soompi.com/article/632245wpp/pirates-actress-son-ye-jin-reveals-her-love-for-hidden-camera-pranks

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, lalaland said:

SYJ has a compete package, she is beautiful inside & outside. She is talented, beautiful, sexy, humble, kind-heart, cheerful & full of laughter, disciplined & scandals - free. That is too many positive personalities traits that we can expect from a human beings. She is one in a million & any man is lucky to have her!

Yes she is, i remember that her bf, gong hyo jin, called her "girlfriend material" in master in the house

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Wol-sook said:

He's just courteous IMO, it's his normal self that we all used to know until... well TN promotion era... He treats all female stars that way. He never worked with her before as of 2014, so I think it's normal for him to be courteous or shy next to her.

I second you. :thumbsup: Thanks.

He didn’t ignore her as some are thinking. It was just him being the courteous, gentleman and shy/reserved person that he is. And, you can still see his kind smile when she was giving her speech.

What I saw during that ceremony was two persons who have not yet been officially presented to each other, so obviously they are more formal to each other.   

2 hours ago, Wol-sook said:

It just further proofs that now he sees her as someone special and not just a colleague that their agencies claim they are. That's all. It's a just good reference for us to compare "before" and "after". 

I think the same.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, Avani said:

You can also see SYJ is very flirty around guys and wears super revealing  clothes and darker make up previously which doesn't make her look flattering or classy at times. Especially what she wore at the 2014 awards with that silly clothes pin across the chest. Hyun Bin being classy and a gentleman totally ignored her and declines roles with her due to his misconceptions of her and just simply didn't want to work with her.

1. SYJ is very flirty around guys? - Thats how you sell your movie or drama series right? You should show chemistry with your colleagues. 

2. They have glam team / make up artist / stylist in South Korea right? All artist/even hollywood have that old fashion or out of fashion ways and eventually they improved and become classy.

3. HB is being gentlemen in the 2014 Pifan awards. 

4. We don’t know the real reason why HB decline the project so don’t assume.

Thats just my 2 cents. I have to butt in. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Thank you co-shippers for posting Soompi's rules quite well. There's a growing number of new shippers around and pinning those rules might be of help to newbies.

Shifting to a new fun and light topic, what do you think are HB and YJ's love language? I think HB's way of expressing live is through Acts of Service (Switching places to protect YJ in those many moments of TN interview, behind the scenes in CLOY where she never lets go of her so she won't be caught off balance, etc) and Quality Time (All those attention that he gives her during promos, interviews and press cons). I think YJ is more of words of affirmation (Complimenting YJ really well in those press cons and interviews and even in behind the scenes)

The five love languages describe the way we feel loved and appreciated. Depending on our individual personality types, we may feel loved differently than how our partners do. Understanding and decoding these different ways of showing love will help take the guesswork out of your partner’s expectations and needs.

Here are the five love languages.

Simplified of course.

1. Words of affirmation.

Showing love through language and affirmation. This doesn’t just mean compliments. I Love yous. I’m thinking about you. Hope you’re having an amazing day!!! Can’t wait to see you later. And if this is your language, hurtful words and character assignation cuts deeper than people who don’t speak this language.

2. Quality time.

Showing love by giving someone your full attention, not just making an effort to spend time. 

3. Receiving gifts.

Showing love through things. This doesn’t mean you’re materialistic. It can be little things. Flowers. A dress. Motorcycle riding gloves? Many see gifts as an expression of love.

4. Physical touch.

Showing you love someone by physically touching them. 

5. Acts of service.

Expressing love by doing something for someone. Filling her car with gas without her knowing. Cleaning the House. Doing the dishes. A massage. Service doesn’t mean submissive. For many, it means I love you and this is how I choose to express it.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

On the BTS, se ri unnie was really carried away by her emotions and couldn't stop crying after they've done the scene where capt ri said that he wants to stay with se ri in South Korea.(Those lines by Capt ri  were beautiful and can be adapted by real life). Another scene where capt ri was shot. After the kissing scene, se ri unnie was again carried away and couldn't stop crying.(again, Capt ri's line were so beautiful, it is like really genuine line intended for Son Ye Jin) Isn't it sweet. It feels like that those scenes(the emotions in it) were ye jin's true-to-life sentiments towards Hyun Bin oppa( vice versa). Those were my opinion though.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

At 6:58, what is your interpretation of  HB's meanings when he said:

"Something that I always want yet isn't easy to get", then looked at SYJ.

Did HB try to not put his left arm behind SYJ back in front of camera by covering his left arm with his legs (7:27). 

1.jpg

• Like 1