[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

7 hours ago, ccb_RiRi said:

And to think that they were the only 2 on the table drinking just water.. 

My delulu mind thinks they had an after party for just the 2 of them :P

I always thought it was a smart move for HB and SYJ on accepting CLOY.

Fascinating and beautifully-written script. Not to mention that it is also well budgeted in terms of location shoots. Great casting. 

Also, it was a good opportunity to spend time together and to get to know each other more. 

HB has been doing alot of action or fantasy projects prior CLOY and he mentioned that he wanted to do romcom again

It was a good comeback for him 

SYJ being a blockbuster actress and doing SITR drama after a long time (5yrs right?).

It wouldn't make sense to me if she accepts another romance drama with JHI. 

Unlike with HB, it was reasonable to accept CLOY because their first project has a very different concept.

Reveal hidden contents

Just like with KNG. 2 different genre projects

CLOY has a fascinating and beautifully-written script.

Not to mention that it was also well budgeted in terms of location shoots. Great great casting. 

Sino yan? Pls paki DM. Hahaha

Haha who do you have in mind? Sabihin ko kung tama.. hahaha

4 hours ago, minamao said:

Can we all ask them to remove the tag, I cannot see the point in tagging thier respective accounts. 

(ps.can’t stop my dirty mind,  you can see her tongue too ...literally french)

Yeah she has multiple comments and im sure now multiple messages on removing the tag but it's still there on latest post. If she tags them in the caption but not on the photo or video itself, does it come up in their tagged section? I thought it wouldn't come up, but it will pop up only as a notification but not sure? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Solcester3k said:

Yeah she has multiple comments and im sure now multiple messages on removing the tag but it's still there on latest post. If she tags them in the caption but not on the photo or video itself, does it come up in their tagged section? I thought it wouldn't come up, but it will pop up only as a notification but not sure? 

Vast doesn’t have a tagged section, they don’t allow tagged photos to show up on their account and tagging in the capion only shows up as notification I believe. Nevertheless we should show some respect and at least not tag them on those kind of videos or photos. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Avani said:

Ok Ok, my turn for my view since we're all going extremely delulu from the drought and we're making stories in our heads lol!

I think quite differently with a twist hehe..warning! what I'm about to speculate is completely different..

I have a feeling that Hyun Bin, being brought up in a very strict and conservative environment, has made him who he is today- principled, good mannered, serious and respectful. This is particularly more so after his discharge from the military. Firstly, although Son Ye Jin is well known in the industry, I think she did not have a good inside reputation due to her outspoken ways and the way she dresses. Only very few people such as her close friends and fellow co-actors/directors (mostly male anyway so it doesn't help her situation) knows how she really is. I watched her in variety shows and the crew are always asking if she's angry and when she is, it creates a tense, awkward and troublesome atmosphere. So I think a lot of people misunderstand her for her outspoken ways. Wasn't there a time when people speculated that one of the the protagonist in a drama On Air was modelled after her and she was quite upset about it, cried on a show and denied it? There was a video on YouTube about it but I don't know Korean to fully understand what she said and now I can't find it anymore. Anyway,it's very easy for people to gossip and think negatively of others. Secondly, she only chose  roles that are controversial in a conservative Korea which gave her awards but doesn't improve her image. You can also see SYJ is very flirty around guys and wears super revealing  clothes and darker make up previously which doesn't make her look flattering or classy at times. Especially what she wore at the 2014 awards with that silly clothes pin across the chest. Hyun Bin being classy and a gentleman totally ignored her and declines roles with her due to his misconceptions of her and just simply didn't want to work with her. Eventually, after few more years, he decided to give it a go on Negotiation only because he was curious for her acting skills as a senior and nothing more. 

I thought you speculate too much for something you just assessing it subjectively.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

Hi! I’m a shipper too.  I couldn’t get over it and I have to literally stop myself from watching it over and over again.  

Just want to ask if anyone here found the complete footage of TN stage greeting in Daegu in September 30, 2018. I wanna see it because sonyejin snowstars posted it and SYJ was emotional, crying quietly. So I’ve been wanting to see it, hope can find the whole footage and understand why she was crying.

Edited by Jbelr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Avani said:

I just don't get some of his actions during the press con and bts scenes though cos as you said, I can't pinpoint exactly but I can feel it in bits and pieces where he's seemingly cold with her but I can also see his very discreet small heart warming actions are there as well. These mixed signals are driving me crazy. We already somewhat know they are in love with each other so why the mixed messages. Us international fans don't see it as a scandal and we don't care about such things. We just want to show our presence, support, love and care for the couple if the feelings are really there. We can't let go and resume our normal lives otherwise.

Dont worry about it, like some of us mentioned earlier, the BTS that we see does not 100% cover what actually happened there and then, remember that BTS are also edited by the team. As for press con, its kind of hard to analyze as there maybe other factors that affect their behaviors at that time? Only time will tell-where this ship is headed towards and like many of us here...its already sailing, just waiting for it to reach the destination. Meanwhile, lets continue to swoon over those obvious signs and signals B).

Btw, i'm sorry to say but i still cant seem to find the tongue action at the super slow mo Kissing video, who's tongue am i suppose to see? if someone can DM me the circled part, that would be great...:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Kristen, I’m glad you are also familiar with events from back then. I’m adding some related news articles to the points you mentioned.

16 hours ago, Kristen Son said:

Regarding her being the On Air actress, she didn't cry, she laughed about it and said that there is in reality no actress in Korea who would pull another persons hair. She said she could laugh off the rumors because it's untrue but false rumors do make her heart hurt. (This is Knee drop Guru with Kang Ho Dong show)

And if she was that actress, why would she agree to appear on the same writer’s drama Secret Garden?  ‘On Air’ (Mar-May 2008 on SBS) was written by Kim Eun-sook; it was reported that writer Kim called Son Ye-jin to ask her to make a cameo appearance on the last episode of her drama ‘Secret Garden’ (Nov 2010-Jan 2011). 

Spoiler

(News from January 2011)
The hype was steadily building for the final episode of SBS hit drama, "
Secret Garden", but now it's shot through the roof, as it was recently revealed that Son Ye Jin will be making a cameo.....Kim Eun Sook, the writer behind "Secret Garden", is known to include many top stars for the finales of her dramas. Her prior project, "On Air", included cameos from Jeon Do Yeon  (lead actress of Kim’s 2006 drama “Lovers in Praque”) and Lee Hyori. 

It was mentioned that Son has special friendship with Secret Garden script writer Kim Eun Sook, writer Kim phoned Son Ye Jin to ask her to make special appearances in the finale of Secret Garden.  Despite her busy schedule, Son decided to make it happen.
https://dramascenes.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/k-drama-news-comments-secret-garden-top-actress-son-ye-jin-makes-guest-appearances-in-final-episode/

I've read that when she doesn't smile people think she's cold so she makes an effort to be outgoing even though she's shy.

Yes, I read that too.  

this was how she described her personality:

Personality: Can be talkative and easy going with people I feel close to, but tend to be a bit shy and find it difficult to befriend people I don't know well. As a result, people sometimes take me for a cold and reserved person.

here are some old ones 

Spoiler

[May 2008] Actress Son Ye-jin does not have celebrities friends
On the 7th, actress Son Ye-jin (26) participated in the filming/recording of MC Kang Ho-dong's variety show "Knee Drop Guru / Golden Fishery" (MBC). She revealed that she doesn't have any friends in the entertainment circle throughout her 8-year career (me: all her friends are from outside the entertainment industry & staffs from her agency). She often considers herself not good at interpersonal relationships so she closes herself up (ie introvert, not very open). Very worried, she even tried to find solutions before.

She admits that she's an introvert, not easy to be closed to her co-stars. She said that it's a pity to not able to be friends with insiders/entertainers.

She also revealed that she doesn't express her inner feelings leading others to have pre-conceived notions about her. Over the 3-hour filming, the workers/staffs were able to feel the friendly and true side of her.

Golden Fishery(황금어장), EP091, 2008/05/14, MBC TV
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/goldfish/

—-

there’s a follow up one where she had to clarify the misunderstanding that she’s weird and ? for not having any celeb friend. 

——

more than 3 years later, she said that she has celeb friends now.

[November  1, 2011]  Son Ye-jin discussed the rumors that she didn't have any friends.

SBS's "TV News At Night" had an interview with Son Ye-jin and Lee Min-ki from the movie "Spellbound".  In the 'spill your heart out' talk, she said, "I have many celebrity fans. I used to say I didn't but now I have many".

She continued, "I am close with Song Yoon-ah and Sol Kyung-gu. I am also close with Gong Hyo-jin and Yoon Eun-hye". She then said "Hi~" towards the camera.

About the picture of her together with Kim Heechul, she said, "He mentioned once that I was his ideal type and we started contacting each other one day and had a few meals. I promised to buy him dinner before he went to the army but I didn't so he might be swearing my name now".

39-A0934-F-E27-A-441-D-8-CBB-0-B518-AF9-

https://news.nate.com/view/20111102n31838

https://www.hancinema.net/son-ye-jin-proves-she-has-friends-34915.html

In a 2016 radio talk session, Park Kyung-lim told Ye-jin that she sees sadness in her eyes (and whether it was dued to The Last Princess). Ye-Jin said that she’s often told that ever since she’s little, even when she’s sitting still.

Spoiler

EB479A10-98F6-4FB4-895E-4824CAC0E402.jpg
(pic: shown on pic)

SYJ attained massive popularity in her early twenties, I mean she pretty much blew up doing lead roles in movies and dramas and she never had to do supporting roles except her first roles. With massive love also comes massive hate. She had a lot of male fans and a lot of female antis, even her bestie Miss Gong said she didn't like her cause she was pretty and acted so well. So there were lots of rumours about her. There are rumours saying she was difficult etc.

There was an interview (from 2006-2008) where she and the interviewer talked about her fans being predominantly (more than 95%) males until after SBS drama ‘Alone in Love’ (2006) that she gained the support of female fans.

[April 10, 2018 article] 

Spoiler

[TV Review] Son Ye-jin conquers Korean cinema, TV

By Park Jin-hai

For years, blockbusters starring male actors have dominated the Korean film industry. Female-centered melodramatic films were few and far between and actresses in their late 30s and 40s had a hard time finding roles befitting their status. 

Yet, Son Ye-jin, a 36-year-old actress dubbed the "queen of melodrama," is having exceptional success on both the big and small screens. 

Son's new film "Be With You," where she plays a mother of a little boy, has seen robust ticket sales since its March 14 release. The romance reached over 2.5 million as of Monday, surpassing the breakeven point of 2 million, and it still ranks as the fifth most viewed film at the box office, signaling its ticketing power may last longer. 

On the small screen, Son's drama "Something in the Rain," her comeback after five years, is seeing a continuing rise in the ratings. In it she takes on the role of a woman who falls in love with her best friend's younger brother. The fourth episode aired Saturday on JTBC posted 4.8 percent, outrunning JTBC's most successful drama "The Lady in Dignity" whose fourth episode posted 3.3 percent and finished with 12.1 percent. Hopes run high Son's new drama may go further than "The Lady in Dignity."

The actress, best known for her role in the 2003 film "The Classic" and 2004's "A Moment to Remember," debuted in 2000 with the film "Secret Tears" in a supporting role. Since then her stellar acting career has been studded with commercial successes.  Out of all 17 films Son has starred in as leading actress, only four films didn't meet the breakeven point in the local market _ including "Into the White Night" and "The Truth Beneath."   On the small screen, she continues her winning streak, with the viewership ratings of all her past dramas easily posting over 10 percent. (Me: ‘Pretty Noona’ just started airing on JTBC; highest rated episode was 7.3%.)

"Among the actresses who started their careers nearly concurrently, Son and Jun Ji-hyun are the few who made it through to grow into big-name actresses with long-running popularity," culture critic Lee Moon-won said. He says Son's enduring popularity stems from her successful transition from a young actress appealing to male fans to one with largely female fans. "Her fandom started with the explosive support of male fans, but it moved toward women with more stable ticketing power."

In her early acting career, she mostly featured as weak female characters that men protected, creating many male fans and female anti-fans. But by challenging various roles, she continued to expand her acting horizons and earned support from all. 

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/03/398_247037.html

I'm actually shocked at roles for actresses in Korea, while SYJ has had risque love scenes, she never bared all. Some of the top actresses in Korea, Kim Tae-Ri, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Go Eun, Tang Wei (who is considered a korean daughter in law) went pretty much full frontal in graphic nude scenes but they're really respected. Most actresses switch up their looks.

Some stars said they are ok with such scenes when necessary to the storyline, they have faith and trust in the director.  

He didn't totally ignore her. Obviously he was respectful but we saw them smile at each other on stage and he held a hand out for her.

The dress wasn't even that revealing (except the underboob part lol). I don't know what misconceptions he would have of her, and I am curious what projects he could've said no to if any. I'm sure there are lots of projects that are projected that never come to be.

in a recent interview where they were asked when they first met, he said it was during an award show 3-4 years ago but they only greeted each other then. (me: Pifan 2014. I don’t remember if he said the actual number or just ‘several years ago’).  For those of us who read about his personality, their interaction (meeting up-close for the 1st time - sat side by side) was not a surprise at all.

Spoiler

It was originally a deep v dress; hers was pinned together so it wouldn’t reveal as much.  It made the worst dressed list at that time, many said that her stylist must be her anti. It’s possibly her worst red carpet look to me.

(Pic: firstzyxx).

F6F7D740-B436-4C28-838B-AAABBB24D42E.jpg

makeup and styling over the years:

https://www.soompi.com/article/469619wpp/ceci-beauty-legend-son-ye-jins-beauty-transformation-over-the-years

there’s a period when she had reddish brown hair, tanned skin, dark eye makeup, color contact lenses; IMHO it didn’t match well with her.  BUT if she didn’t try other styles, some would say she’s boring for always sporting the same look.

During ‘The Pirates’ era, her makeup and edgy styling matched the concept of her role.

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 7

5 hours ago, Avani said:

Well, I think when i watch her expressions during her appearances in variety shows (running man, infinite challenge, masters etc..), you can see she voices her frustrations quite frankly or the cast would tease her anger, so I think in some ways, she can get irritated easily. Example in running man, when she had to find her spy partner and she showed her frustration to the crew about the difficulty, or she jokingly complained about waiting too long for her time to bungey jump. Though she was saying it for fun, but others may perceive it in a diff way. In inifinite challenge, yes, im aware she was pulling a prank but that prank created a very uncomfortable atmosphere and it was late at night as well, so I don't think the cast would think is funny or appreciated it. Also she openly voiced out not liking one of the members of the show. Usually, celebrities don t bring up personal issues into the show so..I don't know. In Masters, even the boys joked that they sense anger from her although she wasn't but it seems that everyone thinks she gets angry quite easily and so that's the impression I get sometimes from watching those videos. Also in the final BTS of cloy near the end, the crew seem to be sorry about something though I can't work out what for, but she responded she didn't take it seriously?? And then in cloy interviews she also show some irritability... So yeah, I can't help but feel people are afraid of her but I guess that comes as part of her strong personality. She does nothing harmful but to Koreans, respect and holding your emotions seems to be the norm there whereas we think expressing yourself is completely fine and normal.

I don't know, I enjoy watching her still cos her comments (although a bit mean at times) makes me laugh!

i don't get whats the point why you talking about something that out of topic? the speculation will make a bad opinion to an artist you talk about and that really breaks the rule of this is shipper forum.. we don't want the moderator comes again and lock this forum. please, if you need an insight things, you could back to the early post.  

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Dont worry about it, like some of us mentioned earlier, the BTS that we see does not 100% cover what actually happened there and then, remember that BTS are also edited by the team.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just too anxious hahaha!! I have always been a silent reader but this topic has really pulled me out to join in the speculation. It may be over excessive but I don't see how it can't be a possibility. In a way, It's our way of reconnecting with society I suppose during this hard social distancing times. Look how united and open to discussion we are!:)

Hey All...

First post but just a kind reminder here...

Please do not share that ‘french kiss’ gif (fyi it’s taken without credits and I think it is quite blurry and couldn’t see anything) on instagram and please do not tag Vast and Yejin on instagram. We knew Vast was pretty active and just don’t want that ‘hands under the table’ incident happen again. We are free to have our delulu minds but when it comes to the actors please be mindful. These kind of speculations will only harm their images, question their professionalism and will do no good to our ship as well..We had enough strong denials from both sides so at this stage just stay low and wish for the best.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 8

26 minutes ago, Walk Kindly said:

i don't get whats the point why you talking about something that out of topic? the speculation will make a bad opinion to an artist you talk about and that really breaks the rule of this is shipper forum.. we don't want the moderator comes again and lock this forum. please, if you need an insight things, you could back to the early post.  

Actually this was in response to a response on her original post, which was quite simple and to me not much speculation, actually was praising SYJ. I appreciate the effort in trying to explain her original post when somebody asked for clarification, although I can also see how someone might find this one in particular speculative and harmful to SYJ's image

5 minutes ago, Uuuw said:

Hey All...

First post but just a kind reminder here...

Please do not share that ‘french kiss’ gif (fyi it’s taken without credits and I think it is quite blurry and couldn’t see anything) on instagram and please do not tag Vast and Yejin on instagram. We knew Vast was pretty active and just don’t want that ‘hands under the table’ incident happen again. We are free to have our delulu minds but when it comes to the actors please be mindful. These kind of speculations will only harm their images, question their professionalism and will do no good to our ship as well..We had enough strong denials from both sides so at this stage just stay low and wish for the best.

Thanks for the advice, im starting to get really confused what is okay and what is not in this forum... 

Our ship is built on speculation... 

What credits do gifs and images need to have? That 'french kiss' gif was somebody zooming in and taking a video cap.. 

I understand your statement, last thing we want is to damage them and their agencies and push them into a corner, but I don't think anyone here has done that. We are not claiming they are dating..

Sorry just getting really confused here... 

:fearful:

26 minutes ago, Walk Kindly said:

Oh..It is not my intention to talk bad about an artist. I apologise that it sounded that way. 

9 minutes ago, Solcester3k said:

Thanks for the advice, im starting to get really confused what is okay and what is not in this forum... 

Our ship is built on speculation... 

What credits do gifs and images need to have? That 'french kiss' gif was somebody zooming in and taking a video cap.. 

I understand your statement, last thing we want is to damage them and their agencies and push them into a corner, but I don't think anyone here has done that. We are not claiming they are dating..

Sorry just getting really confused here... 

:fearful:

That gif was from the video shared here in previous pages, from bilibili- a Chinese fan made it long time ago and uploaded to that website. It is not her (ig _hb_yejin_) work. And if you remembered that ‘holding hands under the table’ incident the original post was from weibo (basically Chinese twitter), it was quickly deleted urged by the Chinese shippers but someone took it and reposted on instagram with lots of hashtags. Then Koreans saw it and re-uploaded to DC (a famous Koreans forum) and journalists started to write articles. We could potentially avoid that last statement from both agencies but again we knew what happened. That is why I said those are speculations and will do no good to the actors.

I mean discussion here is completely fine - that is why this forum exists but when it comes to open platforms please be mindful.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Avani said:

Haha so what do you think of my aanalysis? Have i gone extremely delulu?

I think you should stop talking about her as if you know her at all because you obviously don’t. She’s ALWAYS been praised by her co stars for her kindness and her ability to make others feel comfortable around her. There were rumors about her but these were debunked ages ago so this is irrelevant. And Hyun Bin said he knew she was energetic but didn’t expect her to be so smiley and happy all the time. So this analysis is all over the place and it’s offensive lol

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 3

This is a shipping thread for BinJin. Please don't talk about Ye-jin/HB in a negative way especially if the basis are just assumptions & observations which we know are subjective.

Our common love and respect for Ye-jin and Hyun Bin is why we are in this special place. To daydream about them being happy together and feed our hearts from the content we have for now.

I believe we are not here to gather up past infos that might taint our respect and love for them.

Let's screenshot the close-up kiss in our minds instead than re-share it social media.

Happy vibes! Xx

• Like 13
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone! I have been back reading insights, stories, analysis and much more for the past week.  I enjoyed, loved, and got confused with some of the amazing analysis of our couple's interaction. But really, when I watch them or assume gestures and their meanings, I just want to be happy about the raw emotions and expressions they have for each other.  These were the reasons we are all here. 

As a married woman with almost 15 years of relationship  (bf and spouse  years combined) and same age as BinJin. I discern stability, maturity, and wisdom, in which are understatement with our couple. And yes, a strong feeling, they might be in a deep relationship manifested by non-verbal communication, sensuality and auto reflex. Have seen these many instances and it's fun to watch them as they try to hide such raw emotions/reaction, slipping and then regaining composure. Plus no doubt they are equal yet in a loving competition.  Oh the bickering/teasing, not unusual at all.  

That's all I see in them, two people so close, steering  what kind of relationship there is for them. 

But may I add a disclaimer, in a shipper's heart comes so much desire. That desire fuels assumptions that may or may not be true after all. But hey! We keep loving them truly as an individual and as a couple. 

• Like 13
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CallMeByMyRealName said:

And about the avoidance of Asian grocery stores... this is obvious. If I were them, I'd also avoid big box/major retailers such as Target and Walmart, too, as everyone is there! So the easiest choice for them to go undetected is to go to grocery stores such as Safeway, Raley's, Ralphs, and the like. These stores are slightly pricier than what Target and Walmart offer for groceries so they're almost always not as packed as the two I've mentioned. Perfect choice of store to go undetected? Yes! Or so they thought... :joy:

Just my two cents. Nothing too big or significant. I boarded this ship quite late but I'm fascinated by how insightful the people in this thread are. :)

Delurking here... isn't  Ralph's  pretty risky too? As an Asian, I shop there all the time... for dairy products in particular :sweat_smile:... They also have "hard to miss" faces, so I really don't know what got into them when they think they won't get spotted TBH.  Probably just like those reporters from A-channel said, they got away with it so many times that they thought they won't get spotted? Being seen in the public in LA pretty much expose your status to the whole asian community. There's just too many asians everywhere, even in the WestWood/ Santa Monica/ Beverly Hills area. In addition, both of them are all house-hold names for over a decay!

Sometimes I feel sorry for them :cry:  it's so hard for them to do something that we all take it for granted. They already travelled 1/2 the globe to do things normal people would do, just getting some "me time" with your gf/bf, then it still blow up in all asian headlines... It may get worse after CLOY as it's been so popular in pretty much all continents... 

Anyway, as.a shopper, I am still glad we got those photos though, as they really tell us we are not in our delulu mind. Hope the ship sails smoothly to its destination. I think none of us here question them being together, it's a matter whether it lasts and they will find their happy ending. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5