[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

7 hours ago, nightskye said:

Spoiler

I’m about 95% sure she dated KNG

seriously, mostly because she explicitly said she expected to be married by the time she was 34, which is not only specific but would fit the timeline perfectly.

Spoiler

@nightskye @Kari

I actually thought KNG and her used to date too.. there was a minor discussion in the older posts in this thread and I also brought up about her saying she wants to get married by 34 meaning that she might be dating KNG and expecting to get married in 2 years, but I recall some shippers here didn't think so and suspect she might have been dating non celebrities instead. Some of us also thought KNG probably had a crush on her and she didn't reciprocate his feelings. KNG was also being a gentleman to SYJ and he also said watch this drama because SYJ is in it. He openly expressed his "love" toward SYJ lol.

Anyways we will never know but I'm always curious about them actually.  I watched Shark drama and then the BTS. It wasn't a bad drama but apparently it was not that successful. I thought they did a good job. Funny how SYJ's husband in Shark is RJH's older brother, and in episode 1 they had a bed /kiss scene lolllll.

She denied dating rumors between her and KNG before but she never personally denied her dating rumors with HB, but in my opinion I think at that time when she denied the rumors with KNG she probably might have already broken up with him. The fact that she denied rumors personally make many of us think they didn't date.  She also express interest in wanting to be in a secret romantic rumor.

But we should end this topic as it is against soompi rules thanks.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, minamao said:

Being so popular I wouldn’t be surprised if Netflix asked for a second seson although it is very unlike to happen as kdramas usually have only 16 ep and I am very satisfied eith the ending. What I wonder is how come SYJ has been so silent all this time. I gues she has been offered many scripts for movies or dramas if not only commercials deals but we haven’t seen her since CLOY afterparty and no news has been released. I understand the current situation with this pandemic but even if she accepts a role it doesn’t meen it will start filming already. It takes months until production begins. Any thoughts om that ?

Thank you so much for that article link!! CLOY has been in the top 10 of ALL streaming network shows for WEEKS now. Almost two months since it ended!!!!!! Now that is what I call impact and relevancy :D

It is however, extremely unlikely that the show will come back for another season - 99% of kdramas don’t get sequels and the ending had enough closure that it isn’t considered a cliffhanger - unlike the final episode of Vagabond or Arthdal Chronicles. Plus, it isn’t a Netflix Original show like Kingdom so Netflix themselves don’t have any control over the show’s future - they just have the international broadcasting rights. The extreme success of CLOY is still incredibly rewarding though, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kdrama on any major streaming site be so popular that it’s charting above western shows, to the point where even western news outlets are commenting on it! Bravo, Team CLOY, bravo. Those 8 months of filming were truly worth it and I am so mad you guys couldn’t go on your well-deserved reward vacation. Maybe a BinJin wedding reception party will make up for it? LOL.

Also - very interesting point about SYJ not having any upcoming film (or drama) projects in her schedule. She’s done a movie almost every single year since her debut - films are her speciality - but she skipped 2019 due to CLOY and now it seems that she’s going to skip 2020 too, especially due to COVID-19. This could be due to several factors - no interesting movie offers, wanting to take a rest, wedding prep (LOL) - but it is out of character for one of the most consistent film actors in the country. I’ve linked a video below about exactly how illustrious her career has been (girl probably has more awards and blockbuster films than 99% of the K-Industry) so do have a look! :heart:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, minamao said:

What I wonder is how come SYJ has been so silent all this time. I guess she has been offered many scripts for movies or dramas if not only commercials deals but we haven’t seen her since CLOY afterparty and no news has been released. I understand the current situation with this pandemic but even if she accepts a role it doesn’t meen it will start filming already. It takes months until production begins. Any thoughts on that ? 

Nurturing her baby orange maybe? with ten nice words of course.. :wub::rolleyes:

While drink her coffee and staring blankly at her beautiful yard *delulumode*

..ah, and sending her lovely close friends a cute emoticon :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, PrettyNoona said:

Or just simple go back to page 1 and reread all the wonderful posts

Yeah, I agree. My curiosity of HB and SYJ stemmed through CLOY. I don't know them or any of their projects before but I believe that there is something between them beyond what I saw on the drama. It brought me to this forum. When I joined this forum I just went straight into sharing my thoughts. And then I realised that I needed a starting point to have reference on all these things that are going through my delulu. I then started reading from page 1. It gave me enlightenment, confirmation and reassurance that I am not alone and there are a lot of people shipping the two.

43 minutes ago, nightskye said:

A lot of doubt about this ship seems to come from their companies’ denials and the rumour that by creating speculation about their relationship, the two were generating buzz about their show. While the company denials is reasonable enough, assuming they’re making everything up for PR purposes is, as I said above, insulting.

I respect their agencies for issuing the denials. I believe they did it for the best interest of their artists. But how come we are here? If we believed those denials I don't think we'll still be here. We just shrugged it off and continue sailing :D Why? Because their body movements are saying otherwise. 

This IG user is also my favourite. His/Her captions are full of wit and humour.

• Like 5
  • Love 12

Hmmm why do some people always assume HB or SYJ prioritizes looks when they've both said in interviews that looks aren't the first thing they look for in a partner? Whatever happened to compatibility of personality, values, interests, etc? I'm not saying looks don't matter at all because they do, but I think for both HB and YJ, the fact the other party is also so good looking is just a bonus for them. And one thing I'm starting realize is these comments on looks usually come from HB's (perceived) point of view. Hmm not sure what's up with that. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Yanny62 said:

Hide contents

@nightskye @Kari

I actually thought KNG and her used to date too.. there was a minor discussion in the older posts in this thread and I also brought up about her saying she wants to get married by 34 meaning that she might be dating KNG and expecting to get married in 2 years, but I recall some shippers here didn't think so and suspect she might have been dating non celebrities instead. Some of us also thought KNG probably had a crush on her and she didn't reciprocate his feelings. KNG was also being a gentleman to SYJ and he also said watch this drama because SYJ is in it. He openly expressed his "love" toward SYJ lol.

Anyways we will never know but I'm always curious about them actually.  I watched Shark drama and then the BTS. It wasn't a bad drama but apparently it was not that successful. I thought they did a good job. Funny how SYJ's husband in Shark is RJH's older brother, and in episode 1 they had a bed /kiss scene lolllll.

She denied dating rumors between her and KNG before but she never personally denied her dating rumors with HB, but in my opinion I think at that time when she denied the rumors with KNG she probably might have already broken up with him. The fact that she denied rumors personally make many of us think they didn't date.  She also express interest in wanting to be in a secret romantic rumor.

But we should end this topic as it is against soompi rules thanks.

Wow I didn't know about the actor was SYJ's husband in Shark. I haven't watched that show yet.

Ah, okay. I'll stop mentioning KNG. I did read the soompi rules but I also find it sometimes inevitable to bring up (possible) exes, depending on the topic of discussion. I definitely won't compare anyone, just when we recall timeline of events etc. it's hard not to mention the past, no? Sorry, just want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kari said:

Hmmm why do some people always assume HB or SYJ prioritizes looks when they've both said in interviews that looks aren't the first thing they look for in a partner? Whatever happened to compatibility of personality, values, interests, etc? I'm not saying looks don't matter at all because they do, but I think for both HB and YJ, the fact the other party is also so good looking is just a bonus for them. And one thing I'm starting realize is these comments on looks usually come from HB's (perceived) point of view. Hmm not sure what's up with that. 

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. They both have constantly said that looks and popularity don’t mean squat to them when it comes to finding a partner and other factors like kindness, personality and shared values are much more important. Their dating “scandals” however, might be to blame for the constant assumptions - as HB has had three public relationships, the tag of being a serial dater was tacked onto him while others consider SYJ’s lack of a public dating history to mean she’s too picky. Add in the fact that no one really believes celebs when they say they don’t consider looks when dating and essentially everything becomes a moot point. They’re also both insanely gorgeous (not always the case with actors) and considered two of the most good looking people in K-ent history, so to think they would ever end up with anyone less than stunning is pretty unthinkable, tbh. On a more positive note, though, knetz are obsessed with how good they look together and I haven’t seen one comment about them being mismatched in any way (unlike some celeb couples) so that’s always a relief. The funniest comment I ever read was that you’d have to be insane to not think they looked good together. I hate Netizenbuzz with a passion but this one article they translated about BJ was so amusing and encouraging to read:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/02/hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin-share-sweet.html?m=0

Spoiler

Also, I won’t comment anymore on KNG to ensure the thread doesn’t get penalized by the mods but I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s sure they dated. I don’t even want to watch the Shark BTS because I’d feel like I was betraying BJ by doing so, LOL.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

So I got a little bored and went to capture all of the times when YJ touched/tapped HB's arm/thigh. There aren't a lot but they're all precious.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-9-58-44-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-10-03-41-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-10-13-24-PM.pn

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-10-01-24-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-10-00-05-PM.pn

She 'elbowed' him here

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-10-07-01-PM.pn

There's another one here at 2:00 in this clip but it wasn't shown/hard to capture so I'm pasting the link here

• Like 8
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

new to his forum. having a good time reading all the topics and people's different point of view.  One thing for sure, everyone here is shipping for these two lovey dovey.  I am 100% silent shipper!!! Go for the win! Let the ship continue sailing.  Praying hard and waiting desperately....

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@ncly God, they’re beautiful. These are all from CLOY era but they remind of TN days, when I was so shocked that HB touched her shoulders/arms so casually - whether it be to guide her into place or “protect” her from stairs or crowds - considering his passiveness towards women. This is a man who once called over Yoo In-Na’s stylist to remove a tiny piece of lint off her shoulder :sweatingbullets: Meanwhile with YJ, he’s lifting her in his arms to spin her around despite the director yelling cut, brushing fake snow off her head before her stylist can, pushing her affectionately when she’s “annoying” him and etc, etc, etc. It’s one of the main reasons why I theorize he had a crush on her first, beginning sometime during TN filming (considering he broke up with his then-gf during the filming process) and blossoming into his courtship of her during their promos for the film. She didn’t really touch him in the same manner back then but that clearly changed when CLOY came around, which to me proves the courtship went well and resulted in mutual affection. A man as conservatively professional as HB doesn’t do BF-worthy skinship like that with a woman and just bail, LOL.

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Hello everyone, i have been reading this thread for some time since CLOY, and just wanted to chip in my thoughts here because why not?

I have never watched kdramas before CLOY. This drama has crash landed on me and I am now a massive fan of SYJ. As someone who never watches kdrama or bother following actors, this is not something I would form an opinion on lightly without any homework done. I have been researching on them intensively (from The Negotiation days). Based on those videos during the promotion period, all i can see were sparks flying all over the screen and one can sense the overwhelming physical attraction. I do find HB handsome, talented and such a perfect match with SYJ, it is clear that he loves her more than anything in this world. Its in his eyes/smiles/body language both on/off-screen. I'll refrain from repeating what many has mentioned here before me since we all know the rest is history. 

As mentioned by the MC during Cloy press conference, SYJ is “a woman who is full of charms”. I totally agree after watching her interviews and doing so much research on her. I would also like to mention a favourite quote by her previous co-star in MYGM - “SYJ would be a great life partner”. Indeed she is and how lucky HB is to have won her heart. I can imagine he must be a wonderful man for her to fall in love with too. As a fan i am very happy for her. During this period of pandemic and with the silence from her, i can only imagine her finding time to balance her personal life because at her age, what else would she be doing besides that?

My opinion is that if the lead couple in CLOY were not them, it probably would not have achieved such phenomenal levels of popularity across Asia. This is not to underrate the cast, but that the leads’ love story in CLOY has in fact touched millions of hearts in SK and overseas, and this overpowering effect was possible because of HB and SYJ’s explosive chemistry. They did not have to “act like they were in love” because the moment their eyes met, they simply can’t hold back their real feelings for each other, it just flowed out so naturally on-screen and the effect is viewers falling in love with their raw interaction. We are all witnesses to an endearing love story portrayed by two people who are in love. Love is truly infectious.

Regarding their relationship status - it is without a doubt that they are in a relationship since the USA grocery photos surfaced in Jan 2019. The timeline of when they started dating is anyone’s guess. What we can be affirmative of is the fact that they did grocery shopping in USA through their agencies’ confirmation. The fact that he was there in USA for her birthday just blew all other suspicions that they are just friends out of the window. Good friends can easily go grocery shopping without hesitation, but that's not the case when both parties are SK's top stars knowing their every move would be followed, and they would not want to invite the unnecessary attention from a friendly grocery date if they were indeed not dating. My opinion is that they simply cannot admit they’re dating because of their circumstances and we should respect that as fans. 

What I would like to reiterate here is how they have such a loving and supportive relationship which we see in the press conference/interviews, their love for each other transcends off-screen and warmed our hearts hence the large number of BinJin fans here. Despite their relentless denial of rumours, they have courageously gifted fans with such a perfect and memorable piece of work. What we see now is a couple who have finally found their soulmate and very much deeply in love. Both are going to be incredible life partners for each other if they end up getting married. How they move their relationship forward is out of anyone’s control, but I genuinely hope that they will reach the right destination no matter which train they take :)

PEACE.

2 hours ago, Kari said:

And one thing I'm starting realize is these comments on looks usually come from HB's (perceived) point of view. Hmm not sure what's up with that. 

Most likely because Yejin hasn't really confirmed a relationship with anyone so fans do not have a physical basis for her preferences other than those linked to her and what she has mentioned in interviews as her ideal man.

• Insightful 2

By the way, the golfing rumor has resurfaced I guess because of the major drought with HB and SYJ and people have more time to be detectives due to covid.  I am unsure of the legitimacy of the rumors but here it is on twitter for those who are interested..you can't really see their faces so I really don't know! (Hope it's okay to share it here or I'll delete my post tomorrow). Do you guys think this is real or not? 

• Like 4