[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

5 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Kimsungrin

ikr? This is really not good for my heart :joy: Looks like hard breathing moments will continue and be more intense sigh..  You know what i mean right? We better get prepared :joy: i cried a lot reading that confession part bcs it's so heartbreaking :tears: yes, i'm one of the weirdos who can cry reading comics lol

Btw, what I like most about this story is, it precisely shows that the hero here is imperfect. That his desires don't always go according to expectations, that luck isn't always on his side, that every step can not be taken rashly. All needs time, effort, and mature plan, which is realistic and common happens in life. I learn a lot from this drama. 

I will need treatment after this drama,  swear! I just re-read the confession part and its aftermath in the webtoon and i dont really know what will happen in the drama but maybe the writer changed the time of confession since it would have been too late for a drama if he followed the webtoon and the love plot with OSA cant be dragged any longer

I felt the same about the imperfection of PSRY, we could see his flawed side in ep 10 not only when he rushed to plan the desmise of Chairman Jang and was wrong, but also the way he suddenly dealt with JGS coldly when he showed him nothing but love and comfort before even tho he knew he was from the Jang family.

• Like 1

Fyi 

Itaewon class officialy surpass crash landing on you and become the holder of the highest rating of ep 10 from cable tv rating.

14.760 vs 14.633 % 

Well played itaewon really amazing run right here.

Now come the hard part. Maintaning the rise and reach 20% with 6 episode left it is very possible to reach 20% by the time of the finale.

FIGHTING!

ABH was fantastic in this episode. The tears when JGW watches his dad drive away after the press conference was darn good. Those are some good acting chops. I dont why but SA teary eyes while JDH spoke so apologetically fake bothers me lol. I'm glad this trash is in jail & 7 years is like nothing after murdering someone & falsifying evidence & putting the wrong man in jail. Wth?:angry: JDH is the ultimate a$$. The fact that he only gave SRY's dad a watch while taking credit for his sauce. I hope Kang can still help him even if she's out of J Co. WHY???!!! JGS DONT GO your dad????Hes a piece of traaashhh why would you leave Danbam plsss kiddo I beg you to go back lol. :crazy: Dont become an Anakin lol for the sake of false hope/love. The scene with OH & OBH:tears:.

I dont know how SRY is going to come back up but I trust & root for him! This episode was heavy. I need some lighthearted Danbam crew eating out/hanging lol.

Judging from the preview, still no timeskip?

Maybe at the end of ep11? SA is at every Danbam outing isnt she lol. And JYS confessedB):o but running away lol. Well, I'm glad she did. Will he

reject her? It's going to be big heart break for her if he does. I'm nervous lol. Honestly, I think rejection will be good for JYS, since shes still young & shes so used to winning, losing sometimes is not the end of all. I think it will help her gain some perspective & will make her love grow in maturity & strength after the timeskip? I think it will also help develop her character more. JYS is SRY's confidant, ally, and business partner already. He will  always depend on her even if not romatically(yet?). Theres still 6 episode so anything can happen?

@Anjalifairy

The scene where SRY picks JYS off the ground as she quickly explains her plan but he looks so upset & worried his eyes is dead-set/fixed on her & doesn't waver. Then he touches the side of JYS 's cheeks & she slightly squirms *internal screaming*. The hug scene was a nice touch. 

• Like 5

@pwnkl I feel sad about the ill-fated of the two, JGS and PSR. I guess GS might have a plan. He said even he felt bad for his dad but also sorry for PSR. If his plan of joining Jang Ga for a good purpose, like he will take over the company or help to stop his dad from going much lower than what he is now. Then it would be a smart move to cut the ill-fated among his family and PSR. I guess JGS has the skill better than his brother. He is strong willed. He made his decision to leave the house and lives his own life independently.  

As the romance parts, seriously... I am not gonna say much about that. If PSR doesn't like YS he better makes it clear for her. So it would be interesting to see how she would react after that. Will she stay with danbam family or leave him? Whatever the result, we'll have to see it more. 

Spoiler

Sidenote, I confused the acronym for Park Sae Roy to PSY up above of my post. Lol. Come to re-read it reminds me of the singer PSY. 

And congrats to Itaewon's Class team for the constantly increasing ratings. JTBC is making lots of good dramas these few years. 

@serenilmauve thanks for those gifsets sharing. That pat is always comforting and felt warm. 

@Alice Wonderland

I honestly hope JYS doesnt leave Danbam if he rejects her. It' ll be just odd to me lol. But if he does, I think it will be a turning point to her development since she worked at Danbam for success & love initially. I think it will help further her development because sometimes you cant win at everything lol & hopefully that makes her understand and that's it okay. We got to take the big L sometimes lol. I just dont want the writers to make her petty when it comes to love lol. 

I'm so happy for the ratings. It keeps soaring. Wonder if it can reach Sky Castle? 

@serenilmauve

I adore that scene. Very cute. & soft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

I dont why but SA teary eyes while JDH spoke so apologetically fake bothers me lol.

Same. I was just about to ask. Is there something wrong with the Netflix subs because it seems like before the press conference, Sooah asked JDH to cut off his son to save Jangga right? And that's exactly what JDH did during the press conference so why was Sooah shocked? Why did she cry? 

@lollyminx

Like SA worked for JDH for almost a decade, how is she suprised by his offset of sh^tty shenanigans. Yes she did. She told JDH to let his son go as in he needs to go to jail. Maybe she was moved by his speech about him caring for his own family when he was poor but maybe that story was a lie too because here hes obviously lying his butt off to the public. He doesnt give a hoot about JGW lol. IDK at this point. Like lady, why are you teary for, these folks are responsible for your fatherly figure/SYR's dad death. Snap out of it. 

@greenwatch08 same here. I do hope she would stay with them even PSR doesn't love her romantically. I agreed that it could be a chance for her to develop even more mature and lessen her sociopath tendencies. She may start everything because of PSR and those may seem insincere. But instead of thinking like that, I prefer to think this way, that PSY is her inspiration. He could be her trigger to get better cause he is such a great role model. The previous encounters between them has tugged at her heartstrings. Seeing all SR's good deed and manner has made her fall for him deeply, and respects him. It will be a good test for her whether she still be good or not later. Like you said, it's okay to not win at everything. The world doesn't end just because of one failure right. And it could be a way for her to be more wise that she can't get everything what she wants. Especially if it comes to win over someone's heart.

I like the cool YS who won't go crying and clinging to someone who clearly doesn't like her. Though, we haven't known for sure yet whether SR's won't changed after he hears her confession. Who knows, someone's heart is something unpredictable. :lol:

P.S. 

Spoiler

I really love Sky Castle! The acting, the storyline and all are just so great. Its rating is exceeds 20 percent for the final episodes. 

And IC has 6 eps remaining to break the record. We'll see. I'm anticipating the story is getting exciting in the upcoming rest episodes. Good luck for them!

• Like 1

SY is manupulative even to murderer.  Daebak!  The writer wrote the character very consistently!  She may even aware she will receive abuse.  She knows self defence, but she purposely shout for help for more audience to gather. :)

When she saw SRY, she is super happy cos she accomplished one of her goal.  To kill the person who mess with him.  Also SRY come to the rescue.

SRY really feel heartache and apologised to her as he never expect she will put herself in danger to help him.  To me for now, she is a family member to him.  

• Like 3

@Alice Wonderland It's unfortunate really.. but the show is trying to convey a message so I'll keep my faith with JGS and SRY till the end. That plan is what I'm hoping for and wish it will be done discreetly like an unsung hero :phew: -- For romance part.. exactly! it's way more interesting than waiting the mildang-trope-unrequited kind of drama. I bet she's gonna leave.. her sole reason is SRY and none of the crew is really bonding tight with her.. I also want to see how others(danbam crew) would truly accept JYS as she is, I mean for me it kinda feels they are just tolerant about her. Someone already mention about being "solid" (DanBam as a team) as of now I don't see the density of it. Why I wonder using more time by dragging the triangle when there a tons of thing to work on, like hmm? showing us how the crew is little by little forging the foundation to have the same relationship with one another, like they have with SRY :huh:

Spoiler

no worries I'm having a hard with the initials too, but I mix up more is JGW and JGS a lot so I do a lot of re-read before posting.

---

On another note, I have no idea with ratings.. I disregarded 'ratings thing' long time ago. There are hit dramas like Healer who failed to garner the jackpot domestically but is immensely popular international. Same with ML. but with cable tv I have 0 knowledge on how they works. Sure casting top tier artist is a way to start but what I like the most with cable TVs is the kind of drama they produce, it's not all about romance, there's wide variety of narrative they cultivate. All I know is they introduce me to a lot of characters who's got a little name on the industry and turns out really great. Even giving chances to the idols who's trying to take acting career, Misaeng is a perfect example.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@lollyminx

Like SA worked for JDH for almost a decade, how is she suprised by his offset of sh^tty shenanigans. Yes she did. She told JDH to let his son go as in he needs to go to jail. Maybe she was moved by his speech about him caring for his own family when he was poor but maybe that story was a lie too because here hes obviously lying his butt off to the public. He doesnt give a hoot about JGW lol. IDK at this point. Like lady, why are you teary for, these folks are responsible for your fatherly figure/SYR's dad death. Snap out of it. 

I mean all of them were shocked by his actions, so what's your point? All of them knew he was a terrible person, yet all of them were shocked af when he did what he did, so why are you calling only SA out? I thought she cried, because, she, just like ALL OF THEM, couldn't believe the extent of evil that was in JDH.  

Edit: sorry for the harsh tone, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything like that, just stating what I think.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

JYS love for SRY definitely stems from admiration alot because hes such a good person. SRY just knows how to touch people's heart & I think that's why he peaked her interest in the first place. Like she said she cant discern what's right or wrong but I think she does, not like how SRY do but shes trying to learn it. I know shes a bit much with her antics but Shes still young. I think her love will mature in strength as she gets older. 

@pwnkl

I definitely want to see more Danbam bonding time. It's still to early to tell. I think theyve been working together for maybe less than a year? There is still time for growth for Danbam team. The thing JYS isnt too attached to people. SRY is probably the only person that peaked her interest. 

• Like 3

Dang.. 

The old slime fox defeated the sly fox girl:)

The unpredictable twist plots is so fun, i guess not just DB team get slapped by the oldslimefox JDH i think all the viewers feel that too.

Waa this man not just scary he is the real slime no wonder the decent SR throw up realize his enemy's is lowest than he thought.

I too Felt betrayed by the scenes when he hug his son since his "drama" moved my heart a bit:crazy:

Argh...Seroiaa...please take down that slime fox to the ground and made him kowtow in front of your father grave, he steals not just your father life he want do same to you too.

The Story more episodes more intense, wonder whatever 16 episodes could emphasize the wholesome and the depth of the essence of the business wars, the growth of the individual in the story since all the DB team past seems has theirs owns unique and interesting past or how about development of SR love live would he forgot his first love since he now have new pillar in YS presence?

Couldn't wait how the story unfolds 

Surely IC is in another class

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sodarn said:

Hi chingu, nice to have you here. I just wanted to clarify something. There is a difference between a psychopath and a sociopath. A sociopath can learn. They know right from wrong; they know when they hurt people and do feel bad about it, but not as strongly as most people do. They can still be guided. Psychopaths are the "hopeless" ones. YS is a sociopath; it may take time, but with the right grooming, she can learn and she already is. I believe the reason why that trait of her is so overpronounced is because her mother fed it. She encouraged what she saw as a "competitive" behavior because of her own insecurities. So YS lived sheltered with her mother until she joined DanBam. At DanBam, she is getting to see perspectives that are different from hers. A lot of her current growth seems superficial to me (she tends to value people only when SRY values them). It will probably take her more time than the average person to learn, but she will eventually get there. She is not a psychopath.

Thanks @sodarnfor the clarification since I also wanted to say that there is indeed a difference between a psychopath and a sociopath. Psychopath really have no conscience at all, and in the show you could see who that perfectly describes which is Jang Dae Hee. While Yi Seo is a high functioning sociopath. And since she is still quite young only just eighteen, she still has the chance to truly learn and probably manage her disorder to be a better functioning person in society, it’s really only after eighteen or older that one gets truly diagnosed as a full fledged ASPD... one could say her meeting SRY when she is still quite young was perfect timing, she instinctively knew that SRY can affect change in her life, which indeed SRY is already doing by just being who he is, a person with strong morals and principles. I think Yi Seo having a very strong emotion like love to Sae Ro Yi helped a lot to override those sociopathic tendencies that she has and she has learn to exhibit more control, the fact that she can intentionally choose to change her ways for SRY is already quite great. Sociopaths will never truly be like a normal person who can change and be genuinely a considerate person with courtesy and always operate out of the goodness of their heart. That is just not in the cards for a sociopath and that is not how they really operate...But they can control and manage their tendencies given the right positive reinforcements and having a purpose and a goal that aligns with what society would call a good goal, then they can manage their negative effects to society to a minimum... I think BBC Sherlock is a good depiction of what a sociopath is... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@wisely1300

It's cool. You're just stating your opinion. Yes, everybody was shocked. It was just odd to see her teary like that because maybe the way it was portrayed didnt click with me. Like maybe a mixture of anger sad and befuddlement of distress would've been a better befitting expression for SA because she looks sad but the empathetic kind of sad lol like when someone tells you a sad story. Because everyone else looked shock and angry.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@greenwatch08 it is possible that Kwon Nara was just not able to show the right expressions of teary, horrified outraged expression that she should have portrayed... Kwon Nara I am sad to say even though I like her since My Ahjushi just does not have the acting chops compared to Park Seo Joon, Kim Dami and Yoo Jae Myung....

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@ari_bian

I like what you said about JYS. Because realistically she cant shoo away her tendencies. Can she learn from what is right & wrong. Most definitely because I think she does somewhat do understand what is right or wrong but not to a degree. The thing is she does have alot of behavioral problems & outlook. I think it stems lot from her mom's upbringing/conditioning & growing up in a SK society rather than her sociopathic ways which doesnt help with someone who has sociopathtic tendencies. I think I mentioned it before but she seems like she has depression too?

I don't know but SA's reaction felt off to me. I would say KN doesnt have the nuance & versatility of the other actors. I'm not saying shes awful btw. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwnkl said:

Someone already mention about being "solid" (DanBam as a team) as of now I don't see the density of it. Why I wonder using more time by dragging the triangle when there a tons of thing to work on, like hmm? showing us how the crew is little by little forging the foundation to have the same relationship with one another, like they have with SRY :huh:

IKR!! I honestly expected for that! Their friendship, loyalty, family bonding as danbam family. They can focus on more how they struggle to keep growing danbam and how they deals the up and down together. The premise of characters introductions of their backstory also much meatier to be told. Like how have shown some with MHY's transgender conflict before. And Tony's role. I feel quite hopeful that even the extras small portion could give an interesting story beside the main conflict of the drama itself. All are quite more interesting to watch imo. 

Spoiler

Agreed. Honestly I'm not really bothered with ratings. Rating isn't always the final verdict which decide the drama success. Sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn't. The recent example is Extraordinary You, they don't do that well with their ratings result. But that deosn't make it as a flop or failure. It proves to be the best drama in 2019 and receives more recognitions. It also soars to popularity and make the casts as the shining rising stars. 

I watched healer btw and I like it a lot. The healer and hacker ahjumma are the best! LOL

Anyway, rating is indeed important as the barometer to know the viewers interests and other business reasons. But good dramas or their success aren't always valued only by ratings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wisely1300 said:

I mean all of them were shocked by his actions, so what's your point?

The point and difference is that Saeroyi and everyone on his side wanted a different outcome. Saeroyi knew JDH will likely choose Jangga, but that does not mean that's what he wanted. They were hoping JDH would choose his son. Sooah, on the other hand, wanted exactly what JDH did, which is why her expression is a little bit off.

It's like waiting for the results of a test. Saeroyi and his allies want to pass the test, but they know they will likely fail. However, they still wait with fingers crossed until the test results are revealed. On the contrary, Sooah wants other students to fail. She tells JDH that. JDH then came out with the results of the test and tells Saeroyi and his allies that they failed. Saeroyi and allies naturally feel dejected and angry because they were hoping they will pass. Sooah, on the other hand, wanted this test results, so it is a bit off to see her shocked when that's what she wanted. 

Aside from that, I also agree with @ari_bian that perhaps it has something to do with Kwon Nara. I'm not one to richard simmons on people doing their jobs. Kwon Nara is an actress and after Itaewon Class, she will likely get more projects, but I agree with what others are saying here. After carefully watching her performance, my indifference towards Sooah may be because of her. She just stares in this way that seems like she has so many things to say, so many thoughts, but then she doesn't say anything. Or she just looks  blank most of the time. I don't know. What I do know is if someone else was cast as Sooah, perhaps people's responses toward her may be different.

Another factor is the writing. I don't know if it's just me but Sooah seems underutilized in this drama. I was laughing my richard simmons off when in Episode 9, Sooah goes to Danbam and tells Yiseo she was there to see her. So they go inside the pub and then Sooah just stands there, just so it's visible that she was there to see what's going on in DanBam. The writer could at least have written her consistently in the drama. Sooah is ambitious and she's out to protect herself, so why not just have her ally with Kang Min-jeong in taking over Jangga? Scheming to get what she wants is in-character so why not just have a different plot for her that's consistent with what she wants instead of just have her hanging out in DanBam but not really doing anything? 

Maybe it's just me but I have to say, people have basis when they criticize Sooah or other characters for that matter. Let's not dismiss these criticisms. 

• Like 5