[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Itaewon Class never fails to amuse me, from plot twist, angst,  especially the story flows perfectly. Here's my 2 cents on EP 9

( had to put it in a spoiler tag, I spouted a little bit too much :sweatingbullets: )

Spoiler

I with all my sanity loathes JGW.. he's a jerk, he's twisted, he's dumb, he's just too cocky who hides behind his papa Jang. Can't believe I'll be writing this.. For once I pity him, he blatantly confessed his sincere feelings, that his dream was as simple as that. If SRY is labeled as stubborn then JGW is darn tenacious as well.. a positive trait (1st time?) he shows his sincerity.. that's all because of his feelings for OSA. I mean, he has spoken the truth, it was an accident and he never once treated her in an unpleasant any ways.. yea sure he likes to show off but it was a boy wanting to impress the girl he likes. He's a boy that was given a scary thing from a young age, money and power. His moral roots were twisted from the very start.  I could tell he probably likes her for more than a decade despite receiving cold shoulders for years (didn't really show how much they knew each other from school) but hey look the boy is still smitten by hers.. probably the only similarities between JGW and JGS sharing the same fate in love. Time to pay for your crime. *prison waiving* :phew:

JGS - This boy.. can I just keep him instead? B) jk aside. Total heart-rending is what I feel for him, only JGS knows JYS best. No one really values JYS like JGS does at this moment.. SK, HY, TK and even SRY has vague knowledge of her true intentions. SRY needs him for running DanBam, same goes for the other 3 they see her as a manager a colleague a damn brat but genuinely respects her-again on what she can do for DanBam. I'm not being a party pooper here, but JGS asked a question not only for SRY to take in mind same goes for everyone. The other crew could easily blend in and build camaraderie but that's not the case for JYS, the norm would find her hard to handle.. she really is. Now I'm torn apart, I do want JGS and JYS to end up together.. can't help but to patronize him he's absorbing everything for the sake of love, how much selfless he can be? :tears: my heart goes to you JGS! I certainly root for your happiness.

I can't stop admiring JYS HOOOOOWLLLYY! I got the chills from her confrontation with JGW, she literally gave him the looks that can kill lol, JGW is doomed he's at the top list on whom she's going to hunt down. I'm blown away with her never failing confidence over her feelings, apparently I'm really convince that she's not even a bit threatened by OSA.. I'm literally astounded by it. On another note, who does that, being jealous and cute but still manage to be cool at the same time :phew::w00t::wub:totally loving the ultimatum she gave, that's how you make a statement.. somehow our SRY still haven't picked up a single thing, well I hope JGS succeed to knock some sense in him. A part of me wish that JYS would work in Jangga Co. along side OSA. Their banters holds more substance than the mildang trope SRY and OSA been playing. Hold up, I'm not downplaying their ship.. SRY is obviously head over heels with OSA.

I'm not denying their mutual feelings, they understand each other like no other.. connection/history/maturity & mentality level?/deep perception towards one another.. it's like sugar/spice/and everything nice, they have all the complete recipe to be perfect for each other. However one just tiny-itty-problem she works at Jangga, she said it herself (intimate scene-their spotlight EP9) I'm perplexed why haven't they dated yet, the feelings is there, is still there... why? SRY is cool with her working in Jangga, OSA acknowledges it then should've been water under the bridge. What's holding them back? IMO, Their conversations are all truth and facts but somehow there's this unspoken truth-the wound that they just can't get honest with. Let me correct myself, OSA did her part she told SRY about how shitty she feels, she's throwing hints.. but SRY never opened up anything to her, she doesn't know how bitter his nights were, how hard the 7 years went by, how he got those bruises(prison). Maybe because they don't want to burden each other out, the very reason why they can't tear down that thin ice which separates them apart.

Don't get me wrong :ph34r: watch tons of kdramas with Love-Triangle trope bunch of them failed imo.. even my all time favorite failed(ML), the only flaw I could say for IC. Ep 9 and SRY x SA is still going strong, I guess it'll only slow down at EP 10 and I'm not even confident with it..If they plan to hold this up like Reply Series then I don't think it's a good idea we all know who SRY will ended up with, while in RSeries you have to draw it yourself until the last couple episodes. 6 episodes is not long, romance is a component of the drama but not it's core, they have ways to go, they have just managed to pricked Chairman Jang atm (DanBam status), it seems like they are getting his attention but triumph is far-far ahead. Building up characters is one, and building up relationship is another.. I just hope they manage to fit everything organized and neatly done within the 7 episodes left. (I use Reply Series as a reference for it's well known LT-trope)

It's a shame, I was expecting that Chairman Jang himself will scout her the 2nd time around.. I'm a bit disappointed it could have been more substantial more beefy and for sure it's gonna be a battle of wits. Well I guess, JGW was there to unleash the monster. Although JYS is not the only one learning, SRY backed down for once.. a progress right there. I can't wait will JGW be really thrown out.. errr hurry up saturday! If he does, then it's time for JGS to shine YEAHHH B) With a bold move from JYS, Jangga Co was shaken up. I'm not really sure what they're planning up for OSA, at the early episodes she was commendable with her work with Jangga but now they're downplaying her credibility, is she just going to snoop around SRY? I mean, as much as I like them bantering (JYS and OSA) I'd be more appeased if they give me a head to head official battle of profession ^_^

LOL! I missed gushing over KDM's aegyo with just her voice over on the group chat. It got me squealing all over the place, with just her voice it seems like a HS kid stanning on her crush :lol: Yi Seo,Ro Yi, Love :w00t::wub: HAHAHAHHA!

Edited by pwnkl
Missed something.
  • Like 4

Oh, I love Kim Dami's acting in this episode. Especially the scenes when she having dinner with JDH and when tricking GW. Her mimic's transition (not sure if i'm using the correct terms) from one dialogue to another, or when she reacted to hear the words of the opposite's was very detailed. And this kind of fox acting, she always nails it.

@Matilda_Anne in fact, she has swept almost all awards in the category of best newcomer actress and rookie actress (cmiiw) in several prestigious awards in 2018 for movie The Witch ^_^This girl really has talent!

Can't blame your husband tho. He's just being realistic :lol:

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler

The loitered grandma, when she said Saeroy reminded her of someone, i wonder who could it be? Why i feel it is related to Director Kang?! Could it be what she means is director Kang's father who used to establish Jangga from zero with JDH? She is his ex-wife? Does it make sense? Or no? Just my random feeling :lol:

SA-SR, their relationship is getting clearer. Basically SR is ready to start a relationship with SA at any time, it's like he's waiting for a yes from SA then off we go. I also feel that this love triangle will continue until almost the end of the story. In webtoon, after the time jump, SA did not appear much especially as a "third wheel" between YS-SR (funny that in the drama, YS is more suitable to be called the third wheel), and there is no straightforward love confession from her to SR. But in the drama, my guess is, as time goes by, the (business) relationship between YS - SR will get more solid, the tension between IC-Jangga will become more intense and SA will be more frustrated in awry situation, i think she will finally confess her feeling to SR and who knows, maybe a real kiss would really happen :rolleyes: (not get defended by someone lol). Idk, in my opinion it is the most likely progress for their relationship, otherwise they're just unprogressively stuck there before YS finally steps up. 

Finally, Can't wait for tonight's episode! But i want to see more Danbam family moments tho before time jump happens. The situation in a few years later, it is described that IC is a very solid team. I don't think drama has showed that side much. So far there are still too many problems, even though of course the problems have led them to even stronger sense of belonging; it can be seen clearly that they're so panicked when GW came to recruit YS. Even SR could not hide his nervousness. But i just need a few more moments of them that makes me believe that they're really a solid team. Even though unfortunately it may have to be without Geunsoo. Sigh..

@Samuel Yohanesi think we can expect the slap part and part after (you know what it is) in today's episode

@AsveriaPSJ gurrlllll i miss youuu

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Like JYS said, JGW is the most dumb headed person ever. Btw, KDM is just killing it, class act. Never a dull moment oncreen.The way she switches her facial expression instantly with such nuance, the smiles & little snickers. KDM really knows how to play off along her costars. Her acting × dialogue read was *chefs kiss* impeccable.

More thoughts on ep.9

Spoiler

This episode was so intense. I knew I could trust my girl B). Felt like her plan/facade to make everyone think shell join J Co. from the get-go with her antics lol. JYS doing the big groundwork. JDH/JGW really needs to be put in their place. That conversation/end scene between JGW & JYS was sooo good. The music, the intensity, the camera shots. I liked the callback to that scene in ep. 7. JYS pulling that POWER MOVE with the hot coffee. The ENERGY she holds. Gutsy move on her part & perfect timing. She knew what she had to do the moment she went to that press conference, luring JDH. 

SRY such a good person. I love that he said it is smart to revitalize the alley & help others to ensure customers will come. The scene with officer OBH was really good. I'm glad he stood up against JDH & happy he stuck to his guns. HW is so cute. Calling their company IC was a nice touch, especially in reference to freedom & to be culturally inclusive. Btw, did anyone catched the comments when JYS aired the live stream lol. SA asking JYS will she quit & work with J Co. if SRY rejects her was interesting. It felt like SA was testing JYS's loyalty to SRY. Obviously JYS wont because she made it very clear. She helped propped up Danbam with SRY. She's come too far to be swayed by dirty money. Like TK said "Koreans are loyal & faithful people".

Another interesting thing was when JGW was at Danbam to give JYS a job. I was surprised by SRY's answer when he said it's her life, she will do what she wants even though he was adamant about having Danbam crew by his side. Then it strucked me. It reminds me of his stance towards SA when he tells SA shes just living her life when she decided to work for J Co. The difference is JYS isnt going to work for J. Co lol and SRY was pretty nervous about the prospect of JYS quitting, which JGS begs the question, how does he feel about JYS?

I like how SRY will only approve of the company name if JYS likes it. JYS is whipped lol. 

@AsveriaPSJ
That's correct. SRY is smart & chose the right people on his side. LHJ is great with numbers managing his funds & JYS is great with her marketing skills & many other things lol. Playing J Co. heads like a fiddle.

@Matilda_Anne

I know right. KDM pulls it off so seamlessly. She so cute you want to squish her cheeks.

• Like 4

@Anjalifairy

Wow that's awesome. PSJ & KDM almost top 2B). KDM so close to that #2 spot. The show continues to hit double digits! Hopefully a 15% tomorrow especially with that ending in ep9. Ep. 10 looks like where chaos ensues lol. I'm assuming after ep. 10 is where timeskip starts.

Is having a brand index of a number like over 8 million high? I don't quite understand what do these numbers mean. Is it how much everyone is talking about it on social media/outlets? Must be alot.:o:blink::w00t:

• Like 2

@pwnkl hehe. I also love that aegyo part of Yi Seo saying ILL YiSeo Roi Love hahaha. The others did not even blink lol. Roi is as obtuse as always. Im glad Yi Seo was quite straightforward with Roi in saying she will quit if him and Soo Ah will start dating lol. 

Yep. Roi needs to know what the stakes are when it comes to Yi Seo. Let's see what he is really going to do about those facts lol.

@wisely1300 yes you have a point that it could look like a lot of mental gymnastics or diminishing Roi's feelings for Soo Ah but IMHO and in my perspective I am not fully convinced of his feelings for Soo Ah because of how he is with her and how he is with Yi Seo. If Yi Seo had not exist, I would just assume this "Ahhh, that is how Roi is when he is in love. He just give all the power to the girl and just wait for the girl to decide if she wants him or not. It's fine with him either way. He is calm like that same as with other things that happened to him"

But then I see him with Yi Seo and then I'm not so sure... Because let's face it, Yi Seo will not be in Roi's life anymore if Soo Ah decides to date Roi finally, i guess no self respecting girl will stay to see that and Yi Seo was very clear about that since she joined Danbam for Roi and no other reason. So, now Im just curious, like Geun Soo was curious, or even Hyun Hyi was curious. Will Roi be truly fine if Yi Seo leaves? Will he still operate the same way as always and be fine and accepting same way he did with Soo Ah... im not so sure he will still be the same though so we will see...

So far, he has been quite different in the way he treats Yi Seo... He told her straightforwardly that He needs her. He was intensely upset at the thought that Yi Seo might no longer be on his side. He is nervous that Yi Seo might take the job offer. He wants Yi Seo to like the company name that they will choose and if she doesnt like it then he will not choose it too. Yi Seo saying the two of them are really no match at all bothered him a lot too. He is very tactile with Yi Seo. When Roi will finally be able to rest from his thoughts of revenge against Jangga and find justice for his father, what then? Him and Soo Ah happy ending? Yi Seo no longer in his life? I dont think he has ever thought of this things yet past the ousting and destroying jangga... But when he is free to think of these things will he truly be ok to loose Yi Seo since he has Soo Ah anyway??? Im very curious.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Finally what i've been waiting for!!! Jenga with YiYi couple. KDM so bubbly but seems a bit nervous, so cute PSJ always teased her :lol:

OMG! Yesss! It’s here :wub: 

“Itaewon Class” Actors Discuss Reasons For Drama’s Popularity, Park Seo Joon Warns Against Copying His Hairstyle, And More

“Itaewon Class” Actors Discuss Reasons For Drama’s Popularity, Park Seo Joon Warns Against Copying His Hairstyle, And More

full article: https://www.soompi.com/article/1385629wpp/itaewon-class-actors-discuss-reasons-for-dramas-popularity-park-seo-joon-warns-against-copying-his-hairstyle-and-more

• Like 4

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Anjalifairy

Wow that's awesome. PSJ & KDM almost top 2B). KDM so close to that #2 spot. The show continues to hit double digits! Hopefully a 15% tomorrow especially with that ending in ep9. Ep. 10 looks like where chaos ensues lol. I'm assuming after ep. 10 is where timeskip starts.

Is having a brand index of a number like over 8 million high? I don't quite understand what do these numbers mean. Is it how much everyone is talking about it on social media/outlets? Must be alot.:o:blink::w00t:

Yep, i'm optimistic the show will hit 20% rating sometime towards the end B)Tbh, i also have no idea about the numbers :lol: All i know is these actors on the list are had media buzz in the past month.

• Like 2

Will SRY be impressed by JYS again because I'm hope he FLIPPING is lol. I dont think anybody else could've pull something like that off so effortlessly like JYS. Im still gobsmacked. She's a MAD lass lol. Maybe SRY will give JYS a pat on her head like always & tells her she's impressive. ;)

Spoiler

Also, How long will the writers prolong this 'maybe/maybenot' thing with SRY & SA. It's like watching dry wall crumbling. I honestly do not know what is stopping SA to tell SRY that she likes him. Is she waiting until J Co. goes under/JGW goes to jail? Or she doesnt want to feel the guilt of wanting to be with SRY? SRY is basically giving her an open invitation. Like she doesnt even have to do a single thing but say yes? SA keeps bringing up JYS & then shifts the conversation to herself? He likes you and has told you 3x. <_< It's like the same thing with these two, back to square 1.

@Anjalifairy

Btw, the swoon/jenga segment was really cute. :wub:

PSJ & KDM are too adorable. If the show keeps the momentum, it might just do so. Ep. 10 looks like it has a chance to reach over 15% *crosses fingers*.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Oh, I love Kim Dami's acting in this episode. Especially the scenes when she having dinner with JDH and when tricking GW. Her mimic's transition (not sure if i'm using the correct terms) from one dialogue to another, or when she reacted to hear the words of the opposite's was very detailed. And this kind of fox acting, she always nails it.

Boy, is she good!!  She has already got some newcomer awards.  She is probably the best actress to come into Korean dramas in the last few years, in my opinion.  Just incredibly good.  Sometimes I get so caught up in the kind of unique expressions (often so unexpected) that come on her face, that I forget to listen to what she said and have to rewind!  

At the start of the first episode, we saw her briefly, but then we didn't see her till the end of the second episode.  By then SA was looking like the lead female in the story.  I wondered how Kim Dami could even become a lead female (like we had expected from the web pages).   Then I saw just 5 or 10 minutes of Kim Dami, and went , "damnit, she is the lead".   I mean, she has that kind of incredible acting abilities.  Not many can pull off the unique kind of role she is playing here to perfection.  It is not the lines she is saying, or what the PD tells her to do.  It is just what she does.   Take a look at her saying "hi" with a hand flip when the police guy and his girl walked in.  Was she asked to do it, or did she just do it?  I don't know.  It is one unexpected thing after another from her role.  She just dominates the scenes.   Like in the scenes you mentioned above with JDH and GW. 

We still don't know what kind of a person YS is.  I don't know if I should like YS the character or not.  But I know that I am thoroughly enjoying how Kim Dami is acting as the character.

• Like 5

@jayakris

KDM is fabulous imo, it helps that the script is letting her do alot, not just in dialogue but physically too.

She acts alot with her hands/making gestures. She knows how work her face, especially her brows & her eyes. Really great micro-expressions & flipping from emotion to next seamlessly. She does this break/tiny shrill in her voice so it doesnt sound like shes reading some cue cards. She is a great performer & brings alot of energy onscreen. I havent been this impressed by an actress since Kim Tae Ri tbh. Those moments in her facial expressions as her voice-overs plays onscreen is *chefs kiss*. She's really good.

Same here. I didnt know anything about the show & was confused who was the main F/L. But once JYS enter the scene, I knew it had to be her.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

Finally what i've been waiting for!!! Jenga with YiYi couple. KDM so bubbly but seems a bit nervous, so cute PSJ always teased her :lol:

My cuties here :love: Laughed so much with them))) Great chemistry on and off camera :joy: I seriously love, when PSJ teases his co-stars around lol

Those two such a... safe players lol But I enjoyed seeing PSJ running around the table in panicking mode :joy:

• LOL 5

Let me be a bit careful, because I know some of you really like Oh Soo Ah... and I thought I would be confused about with whom ship PSR since PSJ himself looks so good with both girls, but something about OSA just don’t click with me anymore. I’m not sure exactly what is it... acting or character itself, but she bores me recently. I don’t think love triangle is working because of it. Both PSR and OSA too passive in their relationship and too sure about each other, without taking any actions, which instead takes any fun from their scenes, even if they talk about important character moments. Instead, I wish Gwang Jin at this point could’ve build more meaningful moments between PSR and JYS. She is a leading lady, after all. Like scenes on the bridge or scenes in cops house. There should be more of those kind of additions and layers into their relationship instead of PSR and OSA drinking together for N time. 
Sorry again, everyone. 

@Anjalifairy I missed you to guys :heart: Sorry, it was a bit hectic week in university :persevere:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@greenwatch08 

Spoiler

May I say that it will be more than just pat on the head? :rolleyes: If they really follow original story, then it will be another beautiful moment of them

@jayakris

Ikr? What she has is pure talent! For movie The Witch, she was chosen by director in an audition with the odds of 1:1000. That's amazing! In addition to her unique expressions, she also has those captivated gestures. So as you said, that makes us unintentionally skipped what she said bcs we're too immersed in it. I knew long before the drama production began, the writer had one actress's name in mind to play JYS's character. But, I'm confident enough to say there won't be any actress around her age, who is better at portraying JYS than KDM. They did a great job in choosing her. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, pwnkl said:

@serenilmauve Oh I see, thanks now I don't need to bother looking for one. It's a little frustrating that I can't screencaps or anything with Netflix too :sweatingbullets:

I have not watch EP 9 yet, and it seems that were gonna have this love triangle for the long run.. well might as well enjoy the ride. Off to watch EP 9.

Same with Netflix, but for screen cups I use different sites, though lol I feel myself a bit less guilty for doing so, because I do pay for Netflix and I watch series there xD

Btw, it's fun to see all those photos from shooting, that were leaked by fans before and understand know where they from xD

The outfit that we thought signaling time jump changes for PSR was actually a suit he wear to visit his dad :tears:

And about acting, right now top comments in SK all praising Ahn Bo Hyun too. I'm so happy, that IC is helping people discover and elevate their opinion about our cast's acting abilities. They all deserve it so much :wub:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I’m so entertained by jealousJYS and clueless PSR xD

Am I the only who thinks that deep down Saeroy knows about her feelings, but he is refuses to acknowledge it and let it take over him.
Because I myself refuse to believe, that he can be that kind of clueless lol People doubt, that he is clever and call JYS “brain”, but it’s not true at all. JYS is just calculating type, while PSY more spontaneous, but he has ability to analyze and understand a lot. People just underestimating him)))

• Like 3