[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, x75274 said:

Obviously GW is a moron and a loser. The drivel he was spouting about elites being above the law was complete nonsensical trash as well - but even as he was spouting off that drivel it seemed more like something he said to go along with the flow of the conversation and impress her rather than what he really believed. He just seems like a weakling who was raised in the wrong environment that just kept getting beatdown nonstop. Plus he didnt talk to JYS to pick a fight with her. All he was doing was recruiting her. She started to mouth off to him and started the disrespect between them. Then she dumped a hot drink on him after continuing to insult him. Seriously anyone in GW's situation would go insane in that situation and want to smack JYS. Its realistic too because in real life, anyone with a mouth like JYS is bound to get hurt once she pops off to the wrong person.

lets play this game ... i love how much of a simple human being he is ... he is the perfect example of nurture vs nature ... his father wanted a ruthless son , but he got a simple person ..

father killer , is one of those people who would , grow up in a small fishing village dream to be a fisher ma'am marry his high school crush , get swindle here and there and leave happily ever after ... be okay with being normal and just be happy with what he got ... 

he is not overly ambitious , trust his people too easily and doesn't hide his feelings or thing he should hide them ( SA , chairlady with 23% , and his blind date ) , he just happens to have the wrong father... 

he should have just goner to jail for  and be out in 5-10 years ( with parole)  , it was an accident , he was a teen and other lawyer stuff ... most people in this show got short ends to the stick of life ... and he is no exception , he just needs to see that his dad is not worth it ... 

what am sacred of is that prison , is either going to do its job , reform him or do what it does to many young weak people break him more ... he either meets that one person that will help him or meets a faith , of torture ... this time away from his father is his make it or break it moment in live and i hope he makes it ... 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:01 PM, ari_bian said:

@emollienime 

Spoiler

you hit it right on the head. One of the things this drama has shown me was how people are just so prejudiced and unforgiving with a woman for even having the temerity to defend herself, protect her loved ones and to not take any bullying from anyone whether they be young or old or even from a man.... could it be the reason why they like Soo Ah was because Soo Ah chose to not fight and that they think that is how a girl should react? Do people really think we women can’t speak up and fight for our rights? And to think this show was written by a man. Which is truly kudos to him for creating a character like Yi Seo. I wonder what it would take for all this people hating on Yi Seo to realize that what they are hating on Yi Seo was the very thing that they are applauding for in a male character... this really makes me mad and sad how people just couldn’t see why Yi Seo is actually amazing. I’m glad SRY is not like those morons and can see Yi Seo and treasure who she is...

what about SA , makes her weak ?? , most she fight they way we want her to fight for her to be good enough ... 

this need to pit off women against each other , because they cant co-exist , is also one of our biggest problems ... SA can"t breath without her breathing the wrong way and YS  breathing better ... its a different story talking about SA and the YS , but it has to be about how one is doing more than the other ...

you can be strong (being an orphan in such a society and still fighting every prejudice against you)  you can be amazing( i want her job)  , you are allowed to protect your self ( choose to go to school and get that education , because for many under privileged people we are always told education is the answer and its never a this or that option ...) and fight for what you want ( study hard with a scholarship given to you) , take no bulling ( stand by your choice no matter how many times every person who can talk class you shameless and stand by the job and education you studied and worked hard for  ) and still be a SA ( live your life as best as you can , why trying to minimize the pain you cause others)  ...

we can we can compare discuss but making it a competition especially about a man ... seems to be against what we are all trying to say ... because what other reason are these two being put against each other for ??

On 2/29/2020 at 10:59 PM, ck1Oz said:

I say; YS is a psychopath. What do you think that word means? And you can't judge her actions with what an average person will do. What I mean is a psychopath doesn't hehave like an average person- the violence factor factor may amp up if it's a male character maybe.

just because you are naturally violent does not make violence okay ... 

If one needs to judge according to the standard morals then don't. She would not fit the mould.

but there in lies our problem , morals are the basic that helps us as human... the basic standard ones i mean ... if we are going to say she won't fit the mold then , that could apply to every character , they won't fit the mold all the way to chairman ...  

Forget the female part of the psychopath persona. She is a female. Who uses her abilities. Her actions throwing something hot? Does she care about hurting him? I don't think so. However is it ever acceptable to answer an assault with another? I would leave it to the morals debaters. I won't touch this argument here.

she was not right and he was not right ... but expect me to react if hot water is thrown at me , especially by someone i just met ... I can't give her the sociopath excuse , because sociopath( if she was a psychopath it would be a whole other ball game)  is not a get out of jail free card ...

she can judge right from wrong but just doesn't care ... just because she doesn't care does not make it justifiable or right ... to who ever the action is being done to its still wrong , because that person doesn't deserve that, if we have to understand her why cant we understand them...  but i can watch and see her maybe be become a fully functioning member of a society ... a lot of her traits would be okay if she was an island unto her self who did not collide with others..

On 3/1/2020 at 1:42 AM, pwnkl said:

I know it's frustrating but that's how he is different from the Father and Brother duo. He values family even if it's rotten, he once left the household.. before he feels not needed which is true, he is only a 2nd option by Chairman Jang. The difference before now and then is right now Chairman Jang is getting screwed and might go under, you see the dilemma he was at the rooftop then HY assures him that what he feels is normal, blood is blood

he is struggling with the fact that , love is stupid and yes we can love bad people ... but loving and caring does not mean we support the or condon them... and more difficult when it comes to family ... he needs to see that love is powerful, the ability to love is amazing and it should tell him alot that even with all the pain caused to him he can still love his family  and choose to walk away ...

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 4:37 AM, wisely1300 said:

I mean all of them were shocked by his actions, so what's your point? All of them knew he was a terrible person, yet all of them were shocked af when he did what he did, so why are you calling only SA out? I thought she cried, because, she, just like ALL OF THEM, couldn't believe the extent of evil that was in JDH.  

Edit: sorry for the harsh tone, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything like that, just stating what I think.

:wub: ... but honestly i loved that scene ... LOL ... i give it to him he has got game ... he reminds me of my other fav ... mr nam in my country , that man went down with a bang ... 

On 3/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, The.Lannister said:

I think episode 10 marks a closure for PSR as far as his dad's death is concerned.

he has now gotten justice , and now he is out for revenge ... its payback time ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Cool;) I don’t know, who decided to do it, but I like that meta way of choosing IC’s new OST singer;) And the name the song Sae Roy too on the top;)) 

I was kinda sure it will not be PSJ, he lost interest in singing a long time ago, I doubt his voice would’ve been a good fit for the drama overall too, even if I like it;)

Looks like the song is about Park Saeroy's remarks made in a rap. It's gonna be cool B)

Yeah, i guess the song from She Was Pretty will be the last OST from him :joy:

Actor Lee Joon Hyuk will make cameo appearance in this week's episode. 

• Like 4

On 3/1/2020 at 1:32 PM, Whisper2 said:

Random thought:

1) JYS is the exorsist friend we didn't know we needed

2) how does she compare psychologically with Jung from Cheese in the trap? He was kind of twisted but he was the main lead and ended up with the FL as well

This was the first kdrama that made me want to try another one ... i loved this show ... his problem was simple he wanted to play god , no he played God ... and he himself could not see he was throwing stones from a glass house ... i wont compare them because he was a highly functioning  psychopath (maybe a sociopath am not sure) , he always minded his business ( not always a good thing ) and his an eye for an eye game was not for us mere mortals :fearful:... 

she on the other hand i can only give a verdict when i see where the writer goes with this ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Looks like the song is about Park Saeroy's remarks made in a rap. It's gonna be cool B)

Yeah, i guess the song from She Was Pretty will be the last OST from him :joy:

Omg, how could you forget his OST from Hwarang :tears::lol:

They released VERIVERY’s “With us” without playing it even once lol I wonder if we will actually hear BeWhy’s song this week xD 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 3/2/2020 at 2:55 AM, emollienime said:

i don’t want to turn it into man vs woman,but i just don’t understand,why we ready to call women so easily b-words,for anything,yet we show more understanding to some male characters.like gunsoo right now is abandoning and turning his back to saeroy.he is taking jangga’s side,just like oh sooah once did.and some people readily curse her.yet people blaming saeroy for being”too harsh”with him,when all he did was saying rightfully,that he is not gonna stop destroying family that wronged him just because gunsoo is someone he likes.which gunsoo and everyone knew from the start.and he agreed with him.but he basically turning sides now because he couldn’t take”no”for an answer from a girl,that said he has no chances.and all what people saying”our poor,heartbroken summer child”and I just can’t shake of the feeling,that it’s because gunsoo is played by a cute guy...

why should GS , stay there the boy is in pain , he is lost and doesn't know what to do , why should he stay there and watch every day ... every thing justice league said was true , just as he wont stop , little brother has the right to remove himself from a painful situation , we can argue that him going back to his dad is bad , because the idiot is back to abuse but , him staying at bar wasn't good for him either ...

Just like justice league treated him as a little brother , he too respected SRY and treated him like an older brother , just like he got a job , he DID his job ... why is SRY being help or kind to others make them forever indebted to him ... to a point where they can't make their decision or life choices that contradict what he would do ?? 

him distancing himself from her is taking no , him moving away is taking no for an answer ... where he is moving to on the other hand can be debated ...

we could argue its bad for him but to him he is just doing what he can , maybe this time if he tries harder , be better his dad will like him , or maybe he wants to run a company and show the world he is worthy or many he wants to belong and family is usually where you start,  we could say going home , to the only other family he knows is bad but maybe with big brother gone home wont be as violent as it use to be , things might be better ... ... he needs to figure out if its a bad decision or not ... but  him staying will also be bad for him ... why should he go through such emotional torture ??? ...  he should not pay for what ever happened in the past of others ... its his life and making it about so many other people is unfair to him ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Omg, how could you forget his OST from Hwarang :tears::lol:

They released VERIVERY’s “With us” without playing it even once lol I wonder if we will actually hear BeWhy’s song this week xD 

@Anjalifairy oh, shame on you for forgetting Hwarang OST :joy: It’s like his most popular one based on YouTube view numbers :lol:

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

Another snippet for our OST this week;) 

I like the vibe so far;)))

I seriously like how so far all OSTs have very distinctive sound from each other and sometimes even in opposite genre too:smirk:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@serenilmauve

I love JYS's style in that Danbam IG photo. She suits so many style. I would love to see her in more skirts. She is so lovely in them & she has the fit/height for it. I like her boots too. KDM is so cuuute!:wub: Danbam's cutest manager!

@Samuel Yohanes

I'm curious about the time skip too. Since theres only 6 ep left, I'm assuming it takes place either at the end of ep11 or right beginning of e12.

• Like 4

Watch: “Itaewon Class” Cast Shows Off Sweet Friendship Even While Filming Fight Scene

Watch: “Itaewon Class” Cast Shows Off Sweet Friendship Even While Filming Fight Scene

Mar 5, 2020
by S. Cho

JTBC has released a new making-of video for “Itaewon Class”!

The clip begins with Kim Da Mi and Ahn Bo Hyunfilming their chase scene. They adorably practice their contact scenes, with Ahn Bo Hyun and the rest of the crew prioritizing Kim Da Mi’s safety. Park Seo Joonappears to time his heroic entrance and make sure he hits Ahn Bo Hyun at just the right angle. During rehearsals, Park Seo Joon practices scenes he doesn’t even need to do, like pretending to be punched, “carrying” Yi Seo, and scattering bills.

While resting between takes, Kim Da Mi jokes that Ahn Bo Hyun’s violence is inherent, to which he immediately shakes his head. She continues, “I’m not a sociopath either. While laughing, he responds, “No, you’re a sociopath. You’ve been a sociopath since you played a witch,” referring to her film “The Witch.” He adds, “I’ve always been a nice person.”

Although they’re serious once they start rehearsing again, they all immediately revert back to being themselves, fixing each others’ hair and apologizing for the smallest things, as soon as cameras stop rolling.

credit: soompi

• Like 5

i just noticed,that on twitter,thanks to fans translations,that quite a few of idols watchomg itaewon class right now and some share their excitement about the drama and how much fun it is to watch.it’s not all of them,because i don’t follow twitter all the time.so maybe there are more idols who previously mentioned itaewon class^_^

Spoiler

basically the members of red velvet,ntc,bts,seventeen,ikon,got7,mamamoo,twice,izone(?),stray kids(?)and etc.^_^

• Awesome 3

Should I reply? Heck why not. It is not excusable yes. When someone is charged for assault and with the personal compensation laws as it is in SK she so would be. I am saying the writer wrote her as such. With no conscience. She has morals just her own and not the general society. It is true that the characters in Itaewon doesn't suit the mould but she is the only one who is truly anti- social. I mean SW and his personality won't really fit but his would be more of an impulse control issue right? And anger management. Wherelse she won't fit into the average mould. And society as it is wants people to fit into an average mould. I don't think she had friends before this and as a character it's all fine. For the story purpose. But for a real person with these sort of traits do not think they would successfully integrate into society. 

I am not supporting her mind you. Or saying I love how she behaves. What I am saying is that based on what we are told and therefore when the writer makes her behave in a certain manner her actions fits into the persona. Apologies; my work requires me to be objective so I have to observe what I see and pass no judgment. Am also not allowed to make my personal views know. I can suggest how the person overcomes it but I try not to say if they are right or wrong. I will tell them if it's legal. Or dangerous to others or their health but unless they are literally suicidal or homicidal don't tell them directly to stop.

So YS. I say, I don't think I would say she has empathy. Or will be humane or kind. Not when all her actions are to benefit her. Either her feelings or her motives. Her motivation is all for herself. She is innately selfish and self- centred. That's why if you judge her using a general public view of being human or morals she is not going to quite pass. 

Her manipulating GW? I am not convinced she even thought she was wrong in doing that. I meet so many people without conscience, morals, milk of human kindness that I rarely react strongly when I meet yet another human who behaves like that.  She is in fact mild compared to the vile humans without morals in this society. That why I can tolerate her character. She doesn't really raise my hackles so the writer can't have veered too far off the normal beaten tracks.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1