[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@serenilmauve

SRY basically acts & talks like a CEO. He knows how to pick his people really well that can do the parts he might not excel in. Like LHJ & JYS does the technical part of things and as you said SRY sees the bigger picture. Hes doing it right since he has LHJ, JYS, OBH & Kang by his side. He's very perceptive about people's ability. That's why LHJ manages the money aspect, JYS with the marketing, OBH as the seller, & Kang, who has power in J Co. Him being simply a good person is just a part about him that what got him this far & Danbam crew. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

SRY basically acts & talks like a CEO. He knows how to pick his people really well that can do the parts he might not excel in. Like LHJ & JYS does the technical part of things and as you said SRY sees the bigger picture. Hes doing it right if he has LHJ, JYS, OBH & Kang by his side. 

That :thumbsup: I mean, it's enough to follow big company CEO's biography to see, that they become big not because they're excellent it something, but because they saw bigger picture and potential. 

Like PSR's idea of making neighborhood appealing to people is good idea, rather than him being idealistic or dreamer. Making everyone around you busy, so you could get bigger profit exactly why everyone wants to open their businesses in busy streets.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

@Samuel Yohanes in less than 20 minutes they should release that new song from idol group Verivery

Reveal hidden contents

As for part 10 I expect them to release song from ep.8 ending

Oh yeah i forgot the veryvery hadnt been release yet. 

Its seems... okay-ish song 

The part of this song is they dont really had a usual strong charting ost singer ( except yoon mirae ofcourse ) idk its good that they tried using diverse singer for the ost ( instead of usual punch gummy chungha paul kim etc ) .

But the song is good that its feel okay.

It just like chocolate who i think only had 1 ost that had strong charting singer ( ailee ).

But i am glad that Gaho is charting high because the song deserve it! 

But yeah jtbc seems to not giving a high budget for ost compare to SBS and TvN OST budget

look at CLOY and Romantic kim 2 ost lineup its all star!! 

CLOY had yoon mirae,baek ye rin,davichi,crush,song ga in,kim jae hwan,sejeong,IU.

Romantic kim 2 had baekhyun,gummy,yang da il,chungha,punchxchanyeol,mamamoo,heize.

maybe jtbc should start giving more budget for ost because great ost also had a great contribution for the viewership. For this drama ofcourse its different because of the youthness vibe that bring up the viewrship thus the popularity of this drama help the song charting. But it supposed to be the other way. The song help people checking the drama. 

If not they will only beat 10% rating only with a wonder hit like sky castle and itaewon class only. Unlike TvN or SBS

@Samuel Yohanes IC released already 9 songs, which means they have good budget for OSTs;) Overall I think OST should first suit the drama no matter who is the singer. What makes drama hit still home run of all factors. With or without big (or more well-known) names, IC has nice OST album, imo, full of different songs;)) 

As for jtbc, they're on the way for gaining their own momentum. tvN also needed several years with several hit dramas before they could start consistently bring big budget projects each year. If anything SKY Castle and Itaewon Class for jtbc their own "change of the wind" type of dramas;))

Also JTBC has 3 dramas that broke 10%. And SBS belongs to KBS, MBC league, while tvN, JTBC, OCN their own league. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

maybe jtbc should start giving more budget for ost because great ost also had a great contribution for the viewership. For this drama ofcourse its different because of the youthness vibe that bring up the viewrship thus the popularity of this drama help the song charting. But it supposed to be the other way. The song help people checking the drama. 

If not they will only beat 10% rating only with a wonder hit like sky castle and itaewon class only. Unlike TvN or SBS

You can't compare JTBC to SBS...one is a cable channel and one is a public channel, two completely sets of expectations. A 10% rating would be considered meh in SBS's history, but it would be one of the biggest hits of JTBC's history. 

Second, eh, not really, while great OSTs does help a bit, it does not really bring that big of a contribution towards viewership. That is usually based a lot more on the cast and the story. Just look at the OST's lists for Reply 1988, Mr. Sunshine, 100 days My Prince, Signal, etc (the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 8th highest rated cable dramas ever). Literally most of the OSTs of those dramas have no one really notable singing (I think Zico was the only notable name?). Yet they were all hugely successful for varying reasons, and while the OSTs themselves were definitely helpful, it's more because the songs are good, and not because of who sings them. The plots and the cast (especially big name casts) are 100000% more important (in the case of the Reply series: the Reply name alone also helped greatly).

Also, you don't really need a "wonder hit" to crack 10% ratings. That term should only be reserved for dramas like CLOY, Goblin, Reply 88, etc. IC is big, but it is not (yet?) a wonder hit. I mean, JTBC has beaten the 10% mark 4 times (including IC) in its history, but I would bet that almost no one here can name the other two dramas of JTBC that has cracked the 10% mark besides Sky Castle and IC. (For reference, TVN, which has been around a lot longer, has only done it 11 times in their history, so it's not like TVN spending more money to get the most famous OST singers are churning out 10% hits for them). 

• Like 1

@wisely1300 i would say it’s a very sketchy thing to try separate hit dramas into different categories.i saw people arguing,that cloy is not international hit just because it didn’t had goblin’s hype.yet there is also dramas like strong woman do bong soon,that arguably internationally was bigger,than domestic giant like mr.sunshine.so i think we better not go there.all hit dramas are hit dramas for a reason.and they all hits.and right now ic is doing strong not only in raitings,but koreans also hyping it up overall.and numbers also there.so we better not compare ic or any other drama with each other.success of one do not take anything from success of others.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@serenilmauve and wisely1300

Alright i appreciate your opinion aswell.

I will give a long detailed clarification about what i mean by the Budget from jtbc vs tvn.

And yeah i knew about sbs being public channel and had different league but i just want to show you guys two of the highest budget channel. But it seems it can be misunderstood so yeah i will only compare tvn and jtbc and i got some fun fact that may shock you guys with some of my own analysis. 

I am sorry if my comment later will be out of topic maybe if u guys later dont like it i will delete it and post it somewhere else because i think it deserve to be their own topic. 

Mostly what a budgetting can impact the viewership. And it is not just budget for OST alone. 

It will be really long so if guys read it or decide to not read it i will be okay with that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@jayakris

KDM is fabulous imo, it helps that the script is letting her do alot, not just in dialogue but physically too.

She acts alot with her hands/making gestures. She knows how work her face, especially her brows & her eyes. Really great micro-expressions & flipping from emotion to next seamlessly. She does this break/tiny shrill in her voice so it doesnt sound like shes reading some cue cards. She is a great performer & brings alot of energy onscreen. I havent been this impressed by an actress since Kim Tae Ri tbh. Those moments in her facial expressions as her voice-overs plays onscreen is *chefs kiss*. She's really good.

Same here. I didnt know anything about the show & was confused who was the main F/L. But once JYS enter the scene, I knew it had to be her.

Yes, Kim Dami is amazing! I watched The witch after watching episode 3 of Itaewon Class because I got so curious about her... after watching The Witch, I was completely blown away by her acting... she is such a natural. I agree that her and Kim Tae Ri and Park Seo Dam are the actresses to watch out for because they have such natural ability to portray any roles and do it with a lot of charm. 
As for wondering who the main F/L of the show is, I knew it after the show introduced her character first before moving on to Park Sae Ro Yi’s backstory of 15 years ago... I watched Itaewon Class not really knowing what it’s about so after watching episode 2 I was like “hey show, where is the girl you introduced me to who had such a bad-richard simmons vibe to her? Why is she not yet in the story? She could have helped PSR...” I didn’t realized that during PSR backstory, she was still a toddler on the other side of the world lol, I didn’t realize that Yi Seo will be much younger than our hero hehehe...

I was so devastated with what happened to our hero and how no one was there to fight together with him against the bad guys that when Yi Seo is finally back again on my screen I was like “finally! Oh, that is why you were in a counseling session, you’re a high functioning sociopath! Hmmmm interesting” and I am finally sold with the drama lol.

I could never resist a character with the same characteristics as one of my all time favorite character, Sherlock. I love all the versions of Sherlock that I could find in media, whether BBC Sherlock, RDJ Sherlock, Elementary, or House MD. And the character being female to boot makes me love Yi Seo even more. So, I was glad that Yi Seo is being played by such a brilliant actress as Kim Dami, coz this kind of character will always be very tricky to play, but with Kim Dami, she made Yi Seo even more legendary....Now I’m a fan for life for both Yi Seo and Kim Dami...

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Otteoki! The lyrics are even more beautiful. Thank you for sharing this vid @serenilmauve. It is clearly PSR POV of how he is no longer alone and also YiSeo POV of flying high in the sky and this heart wanting to protect PSR... or is it the other way around? Well, the words fit them well...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4

@Samuel Yohanes i’m sure you’re not saying,that ic has low budget,because i mean it’s pretty clear,that they have good budget with all those shooting and park seojoon playing the leading character.and kim dami is also considered in korea as rookie monster.but i think jtbc is happy,that’re not spending 30-50 billion won,but getting good rating dramas anyway.because big budget can also be a great burden for everyone involved.

• Like 1

Just now, emollienime said:

@Samuel Yohanes i’m sure you’re not saying,that ic has low budget,because i mean it’s pretty clear,that they have good budget with all those shooting and park seojoon playing the leading character.and kim dami is also considered in korea as rookie monster.but i think jtbc is happy,that’re not spending 30-50 billion won,but getting good rating dramas anyway.because big budget can also be a great burden for everyone involved.

Yep thats the point. IC had great budget in term of the production company ( a great movie production company ) 

Ofcourse Park seo joon is A tier Actor no doubt about that.

Kim da mi is rising star agreed. ( but she is considered rookie in tv and i guess she will get nomination in TV baeksang ?? ) 

But as you can see the writter of the drama is a newcomer. So it is actually a gamble from jtbc. BUT IT BRING US INTO THIS GEM OF DRAMA SO I AINT COMPLAINING!

But ofcourse once again if u compare it into tvn drama the budget difference can be feel. 

But i agreed without high budget but had great rating feels real good ( sky castle ) 

Or those drama with gigantic budget and fail rating feels real bad ( arthdal ) 

It just imo jtbc dont seems to gamble high budget into their drama more than tvn does. And thats why tvn had most of the highest rated drama imo. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Wow looks at the ratings. We dont need 5% jumps but rise week after week which is good.

Combined ratings of first 8 episodes is 74.883% + 13.965( 9th episode rating ) = 88.848%

88.848% ÷ 9 = 9.872%

14th episode needs 11.152% rating

And season average will cross 10%

And we have another 3 weeks to go!!!. Sky is the limit!!

The magnitude of success can be measured in such way that a blockbuster like sky castle reached double digits in 9th episode... and our 9th episode is already 5th double digit rating episode!!!! 7 to go!

• Like 4