[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

51 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

My cuties here :love: Laughed so much with them))) Great chemistry on and off camera :joy: I seriously love, when PSJ teases his co-stars around lol

Those two such a... safe players lol But I enjoyed seeing PSJ running around the table in panicking mode :joy:

Yepp, we mostly see them acting serious even sometimes with high tension in drama. So it's fun to see them joking around. I'm so done with PSJ always teases her and comments on each of her answer :joy:

Btw, good luck with your study :D

19 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Btw, it's fun to see all those photos from shooting, that were leaked by fans before and understand know where they from xD

The outfit that we thought signaling time jump changes for PSR was actually a suit he wear to visit his dad :tears:

So we might get emotional again in today's episode(?) :tears: I know we're so weak with this dad and son moment

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@serenilmauve oh, the sound of another good OST :glasses: IC is releasing one good song after another right now :blush: 

I also like how their songs different from each other in genre, feeling and etc. Sometimes despite being great overall k-drama OSTs can be a bit “one note” in terms what kind of songs they put in drama :smiley:

@Anjalifairy I’m still waiting a day, when PSJ will play a character close to his own personality, because I think he is so entertaining and charming in real life based on his countless videos))) 

• Like 4

@AsveriaPSJ

I said this in previous posts before. After the time skip, in 7 years later, the scenes between SRY & SA are repetitive. It's not even the characters. It's the writing for the characters scene together. The scenes of them consist of 3 things: take walks, they have simple talks, they drink, but that is it. Theres no energy, no variation. It just reads boring onscreen. The only different scene was when he ran to her at the bus. So far up to ep. 10 , it's the same thing same conversation.

IMO, All the scenes with SRY & JYS are great. They arent romantic but it is ALOT more dynamic(even intimate) than the whole 'small walk, small talk, I like you 10x' dialogue. I can assure SRY & JYS scene together varies a whole lot. I'd say watching JYS alone is more engaging(even with all her antics lol). 

@Anjalifairy

She's a spitball of fire. KDM just knows how to do it. When JYS wacked JGW with hot coffee, love how she lightly brushes coffee off her coat & slam the cup down & glares at him so nonchalantly. It's the small things like that can really make a character.

@serenilmauve

That scene with ABH with KDM was great. Alot of nuance happening. The snickering & eyes wavering.

• Like 5

Is it just me or does there seem to be something off with Mr. Kim's behavior?  Some times he seems to be a faithful soldier for Chairman Jang.  However, he made a couple of huge blunders in Episode 9.  Handling of both the OBH signing situation and encouraging JGW to speak with JYS.  His comments to OSA outside the Chairman's office was a bit strange as well.  It seems strange to me and I get the feeling that Mr. Kim might possibly be following someone else's agenda.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@AsveriaPSJ

I said this in previous posts before. After the time skip, in 7 years later, the scenes between SRY & SA are repetitive. It's not even the characters. It's the writing for the characters scene together. The scenes of them consist of 3 things: take walks, they have simple talks, they drink, but that is it. Theres no energy, no variation. It just reads boring onscreen. The only different scene was when he ran to her at the bus. So far up to ep. 10 , it's the same thing same conversation.

IMO, All the scenes with SRY & JYS are great. They arent romantic but it is ALOT more dynamic than the whole ' I like you 10x' dialogue. I can assure SRY & JYS scene together varies a whole lot. I'd say watching JYS alone is more engaging(even with all her antics lol). 

I think it’s the problem of trying to force something, that wasn’t there in the first place. Like he can’t go beyond that with them, because of OSA, but he still wants there to be “love triangle”, so we stuck with same scenes and same message. And I think trying to make OSA “gray” turned her “too gray”. What her purpose as a character right now? Showing how you can hate someone, but still work for them? 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

That scene with ABH with KDM was great. Alot of nuance happening. The snickering & eyes wavering.

I think there are a lot of nuancing acting is going on all over the drama. All those actors showing how it's very important to pick right actors to portay characters, without going with just "similar look" factor. 

@AsveriaPSJ Also... why she is forced to be with DanBam crew all the time... xD

• Like 3

@AsveriaPSJ

Like they say, if it ain't broke, dont fix it lol. 

I understand what you're saying. I think it's because theres 16 episode, the writer himself included alot more new things which is fine, that wasnt in the webtoon. I'm not familiar with the webtoon btw, it is something that I've seen said on this thread. But like you said, since JYS is the main F/L, she should have more prominent scenes with SRY romantically since the show is hitting home run soon. I like SRY & JYS's platonic moments alot. Its definitely reads WAY

stronger (dialogue & interaction) onscreen than SRY & SA 'supposed' romantic scenes together by a long shot. It helps that PSJ & KDM plays off of eachother really well. Btw, this is just my opinion. 

@serenilmauve

Most definitely. PSJ has been hitting it out the ball park since ep.1 lol. I think everyone is doing a good job, some just bit stronger.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@AsveriaPSJ

Like they say, if it ain't broke, dont fix it lol. 

I understand what you're saying. I think it's because theres 16 episode, the writer himself included alot more new things which is fine, that wasnt in the webtoon. I'm not familiar with the webtoon btw, it is something that I've seen said on this thread. But like you said, since JYS is the main F/L, she should have more prominent scenes with SRY romantically since the show is hitting home run soon. I like SRY & JYS's platonic moments alot. Its definitely reads WAY

stronger (dialogue & interaction) onscreen than SRY & SA 'supposed' romantic scenes together by a long shot. It helps that PSJ & KDM plays off of eachother really well. Btw, this is just my opinion.

@serenilmauve

Most definitely. PSJ has been hitting it out the ball park since ep.1 lol. I think everyone is doing a good job, some just bit stronger.

I didn’t read webtoon too. But it’s obvious, that those scenes added, because they bloat the story without adding much. 
Tbh, I think in any other drama and situation PSR/OSA relationship could’ve been fun to watch, because it’s complicated for both of them and leads to interesting conflicts. The problem here is the fact, that without being able to generate more than that (aka them being end game) it kinda looses it’s steam. 
This “no where to go” love line drags PSR’s character, imho. Like PSR is interesting and wholesome everywhere expect his “love” for OSA.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Is it just me or does there seem to be something off with Mr. Kim's behavior?  Some times he seems to be a faithful soldier for Chairman Jang.  However, he made a couple of huge blunders in Episode 9.  Handling of both the OBH signing situation and encouraging JGW to speak with JYS.  His comments to OSA outside the Chairman's office was a bit strange as well.  It seems strange to me and I get the feeling that Mr. Kim might possibly be following someone else's agenda.

I don’t think so? I think they’re adding his scenes to show contrast between DanBam and Jangga. DanBam is all about sharing ideas and working together as a team, they even question and challenge PSR, even if they respect him a lot, but Jangga is very strict hierarchy. So even if  Secretary Kim (lol) thinks Jang Dong Hee is acting like a petty old man, he still does everything he says, because it’s job and he is not here to question orders. This is basically a OSA’s future in Jangga...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@AsveriaPSJ

I'm not too sure myself lol.  SRY keeps saying 'what' to everything in regards JYS at every hint Danbam crew & SA & JYS herself throws at him. Maybe he's just aloof in the love department. I also think it is because he doesnt want to acknowledge it since JYS is barely an adult & his business partner. I dont think a 29 year old wants to hear a barely 20 year adult say she likes/loves him whom he's been working with for a few months. It would be odd for him lol. It would be odd for him to feel that way(as in feelings) too if he does. Maybe he just havent realize it yet or hes telling himself he shouldn't go there lol. Honestly I dont know lol. Also, he still madly -in- like with SA lol. 

About steam. Yes, I think SRY & SA could have been more dynamic after the bus scene in ep 6 but when ep 7 hit with that room scene between SRY & JYS, I was like whoa lol. It's not suppose to read romantic obviously but it sure was deeply intimate. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

I'm sorry for Ahn Bo Hyun, but it's so entertaining to hate him lol Which shows, that he is indeed a good actor;) I don't think hating bad guys is a way to judge their actors acting ability, because people usually hate what bad guys do regardless, but being entertained while doing so is definitely about actor's ability. 

Spoiler

• Like 3

@serenilmauve

I think JGW would've been a fantastic and  sophisticated villain if he wasn't such an airhead lol. Like fight toe to toe/battle of wits kind of villain against SRY. I guess JGS took all the intelligence lol. Yes, ABH really is good as JGW. I want to fight him everytime he shows up lol. I forgot he was in Her Private Life.

@Anjalifairy

If it's another sweet moment between SRY & JYS, then I'll have to prepare myself lol. I like when he calls her impressive & pats her head. Hes really touched by her intelligence/wits.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

I think JGW would've been a fantastic and  sophisticated villain if he wasn't such an airhead lol. Like fight toe to toe/battle of wits kind of villain against SRY. I guess JGS took all the intelligence lol. Yes, ABH really is good as JGW. I want to fight him everytime he shows up lol. I forgot he was in Her Private Life.

Let's say... life is fair xD 

But I think him being dumb-dumb what actually makes him interesting villain. There is a lot of cunning rich family sons, that also smart after murdering someone, but Dumb-Dumb being dumb-dumb makes him entertaining and a bit different. It actually adds some layers into his character, that otherwise would've been lost. For someone smart we already have his father and his little brother :lol: 

Some people act like villains cartoony, but they're not, imo. They're just as flawed. Like any right minded CEO would never go against small pub, but JDH starting to show his age with how much petty he become;)))

• Like 3

@serenilmauve

It just like JYS, he such dumbhead lol. He's spewing out super detail info in public. Hes such a loudmouth to boot too lol. Well, I guess he cant have everything. Somethings gotta give lol. 

The last scene between JGW & JYS was so satisfying to see unfold. I was pleasantly surprised tbh. I didnt know what was going to happen. Even JYS was a bit hard to read lol even though I trusted her with my gut throughout this episode. She knows how to put up a facade.

• Like 2

Danbam live stream vid. Love it. The comments are also quite funny. My favorite is "Well forgive him because hes handsome." lol.

@Samuel Yohanes

I haven't got a thorough listen to the soundtrack although I love Kim Feel Someday The Boy & I also like Sodnia Lee Our Souls at Night. Gaho's track is awesome. It's like an anime op song lol. I hope Jtbc releases a physical album like what they did for Chocolate.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

:joy: My spirit animal lol 

I see some people don’t understand what Park Saeroy is doing and what is his power. Yes, Jo Yiseo proactive and bold, while his school friend is good with money and numbers. Those two excels where Park Saeroy is lacking, which is exactly a point here. Saeroy collects allies and relies on their help. He literally said “I think power is people” and that’s what he is actively demonstrating. Powerful people need strong and competent people to back them up. That’s how power always worked, even in big company to save your position as CEO you need support of directors board. All those people here to help and rise Park Saeroy and he achieved it by previously helping or showing his charisma to them. If Park Saeroy wasn’t Park Saeroy all those DanBam people wouldn’t be there in the first place. 

If people spend just a bit time analyzing Park Sae Roy beyond "he is a nice guy" they would've been able to see more layers lol People praise JYS smartness, but the one who is "bigger picture" oriented actually PSR. He thinks bigger, while moving slow, yet steady. 

@Samuel Yohanes in less than 20 minutes they should release that new song from idol group Verivery

Spoiler

As for part 10 I expect them to release song from ep.8 ending

@greenwatch08 the idiot is compensating for his own insecurities. He knows he is dumb lol See how JYS saying "you're above the law, so cool" triggered him to spill everything xD

• Like 3

Has anyone thought. What if LHJ is a female character? Wouldn't he be the most ship-worthy then? 

He's got the history no less than SA (think SR saving a timid high school girl from bully), they had a big dream together when SR was nothing, he helped him invest his money.. and right now he is helping PSR in a way no less than YS.. 

The reason i'm saying this is, there is no end to 'scoring' SA vs YS or any new love interest SR might have later. Things like how many fun/boring scenes they have, how good are they as business partners, how much history they have,  who is the first love/kiss, how long he likes her etc etc tells us a lot about how close and important they are, but doesn't help decide who he is supposed to like romantically..

Because any intimacy he has with any lady, if you see it in a gender neutral way, it would be seen as a genuine bond like PSR x LHJ.

What matters the most in the romance department is how SR own feels, who he likes. It can be anybody other than SA and YS and it doesn't have to be fair. Because feeling is not objective, GS can be a fool to YS, or GW towards SA too.

Love is irrational and is not a competition.. we might like excitement.. but we might find comfort in routine too.. 

• Like 1