Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

3 hours ago, PeVe said:

Is it fake? or..? Relations

Relationship chart (and even synopsis) that was presented at beginning of drama may change in the middle of airing time. So don’t depend too much on it as it is not a guarantee that’s how the story will develop. Even one of the cast has already changed (younger sis of CA)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful Love Wonderful Life OST Part 8 ~

STEP BY STEP (JIN WON) with English Lyrics. :cry:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Relationship chart (and even synopsis) that was presented at beginning of drama may change in the middle of airing time

Oh! Yes, exactly! I should have written my question much correctly - I mean the grey line connecting JH and  the staff? Do I read correctly Korean names - Kim Bo Tong, Oh Deok Hee  and Na Tae Pyung? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

But yeah it's troubling that the writer is going to write SA as forgiving and accepting HR. Her younger sister was bullied enough to quit school and enter into a suicide pact. And HR had either a 1 or 2 yr onoing affair. I mean.... that's going too far. Was there or were there any other weekend dramas where a murderer was forgiven before? I am trying to find some sort of Kdrama standard of ridiculousness. But somehow writing in suicidal behaviour and adulterous behaviour off as trivial or just another  acceptable " bad " is a bit much.

Well, here are some examples of KDrama standards of ridiculousness in terms of forgiving - this is off-topic and includes lots of spoilers, so I am hiding this

Spoiler

D-day - the director of the hospital was really, really nasty to the main lead - he threw the doctor's mother in a coma out of the hospital during disaster conditions (=murder IMHO), was doing everything to discredit him and revoke his medical licence, and yet the main lead forgave him and saved his life - the excuse for this given in the serieswas one of the most ridicuous lines I saw in Kdrama

"You can only hate him when he is alive" . WTF????

Secret /Secret Love - the male lead did everything he could to put the (innocent) female lead in jail, as a result of which she loses her child and her father (=double murder)  and made her boyfriend stop her parole - and in the end she falls in love with the main lead. Falls in love !!! And when the male lead finds out that she is innocent, he sheds TWO TEARS. He does not even say sorry to her. Do the viewers find THIS attractive???

And of course Boys Over Flowers, the golden standard in ridicuousness. I watched the first two episodes in utter disbelief. The bullying endured by Jan Di could have easily got her killed (the bicycle accident). Also Joom Pyon and hic cronies bully people to the point of suicide - see the opening sequence of the drama. And then Joom Pyo asks Jan DI on a date and poof - everything is forgiven and she falls in love with him.

Sorry for my rant . I wanted to get this out of my system for a long time. I believe my anger is all due to cultural differences. though.

11 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

TR is a saint. But why is the writer making a male lead so passive? He is displaying 2nd lead behaviour not first. How is he supposed to step up? There isn't enough plot regarding his restaurant. There isn't  enough scenes or interactions with his family or even a tiny bit of about his adoption. There isn't enough male and 2nd male lead competitiveness. More of way too much understanding 2nd male lead behaviour towards JW. Do the Korean viewers find such males attractive? Enough to clamour and sigh over it? For the network or writer to notice on the forums? Who wants to marry a saint? Or is purposely done? * gagging * here... he doesn't even pursue ardently enough to be either the main or 2nd male lead. Everything is written slightly strangely.

I want to marry a saint. I find TR totally attractive. He is loving and understanding, and supportive and caring . The only thing that puzzles me is why did he fall for SA in the first place. I rewatched the episode when they met for the first time and she acts totally crazy in a most unatractive manner IMHO . Really, would any man in real life find her behaviour attractive? But I suppose she is so breathtakingly beautiful that it trumps everything. Again may way of thinking maybe due to cultural differences....

For example I find it unforgivable when JW interfered with SA's work as a result of which she lost her place in the TV show. And this is done AFTER they share a moment of understanding when Double X calls SA to her and tells her to stop chasing JW and he walks in on their conversation. I was really hoping he would have his "arc" there and would stop acting selfishly and silly.... Only to find him grabbing SA by the wrist in the next episode, giving her clothes and in the end making her lose her job. And THEN she agrees to date him???

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, corey said:

But yeah it's troubling that the writer is going to write SA as forgiving and accepting HR. Her younger sister was bullied enough to quit school and enter into a suicide pact

Yes, it is rather an irrational solution of this thread. Just only a "sharp return" in the action to pay the audience attention?

Much more interesting is the scene with Father Moon an CA talking about his wife death, and the influence of this event HR. That moment CA thought - it could be connected with the bullying - uhm,  Golden-Heart CA wanted to explain that agressia and...she could be the first to forgive HR what will be too much for her to accept and it can follow her  to the desperate behaviour???

1 hour ago, corey said:

I want to marry a saint. I find TR totally attractive. He is loving and understanding, and supportive and caring

Who ( women:) ) doesn't?  :mrgreen: -  just only in KDramas. Here , he is too saint, too positive and plays the healing role for SA to let her go back to JW? uhm... and looking back I think the writer change the option into "brother" because the first view it was clear, "clear" - he is a husband but what about the next events?

1 hour ago, corey said:

Only to find him grabbing SA by the wrist in the next episode, giving her clothes and in the end making her lose her job. And THEN she agrees to date him???

Yes, because it is SA coming back to her past life but with the new image. As to "the  baby pacifier ring" - does she really need a baby? Now...she does? And Double X can't fight with JW because she needs grandchildren:)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PeVe said:

Much more interesting is the scene with Father Moon an CA talking about his wife death, and the influence of this event HR. That moment CA thought - it could be connected with the bullying - uhm,  Golden-Heart CA wanted to explain that agressia and...she could be the first to forgive HR what will be too much for her to accept and it can follow her  to the desperate behaviour???

Yes, I also noted this particular conversation between CA Dad Moon and I thought - oh no, not THIS excuse for bullying - she had a  hard time herself because of her mother dying so she just HAD to go on bullying CA for TWO years - what utter nonsense. But is seems that this idea for now is relegated to the "frozen" story line group, together with CA's mum ilness.

As to the baby, I do not know if you recall, on the day of the accident SA has a ob/gyn appointment for her fertility treatment and was on the phone with the doctor who assured her that it was a perfect time for conception - which makes JW having a joyride with his mistress at that time even more disgusting. If it hadn't been for that - who knows, maybe they would have managed to have the baby then and Double X would have to accept SA then, albeit grudgingly - SA would have the merit of continuing the family line.

But then, of course, we wouldn't have such a great time commenting on this drama, LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, corey said:

As to the baby, I do not know if you recall, on the day of the accident SA has a ob/gyn appointment for her fertility treatment and was on the phone with the doctor who assured her that it was a perfect time for conception - which makes JW having a joyride with his mistress at that time even more disgusting.

Oh! Yes, I remember that moment but the story could be much more tragic - in  my modest opinion. What if...? Can you imagine THAT DoubleX and THAT JW in this toxic pseudo - family?

On th other side I wait all time for more innovations in this drama which can influence on viewers ( I mean bullied students!). It can/could be a crucial masterpiece with the hidden message, with the hidden solution, with supporting thoughts...but? Since the 'new-years" episodes the pictures reminds me stative scenes( typical in KDramas), inside writer's struggling ( the drama evoluate on the best top) etc...so I wait for the  novelty and  shift the dramas ( this type of course) on the other "rails". What do you think?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PeVe said:

On th other side I wait all time for more innovations in this drama which can influence on viewers ( I mean bullied students!). It can/could be a crucial masterpiece with the hidden message, with the hidden solution, with supporting thoughts...but? Since the 'new-years" episodes the pictures reminds me stative scenes( typical in KDramas), inside writer's struggling ( the drama evoluate on the best top) etc...so I wait for the  novelty and  shift the dramas ( this type of course) on the other "rails". What do you think?

I do not have any exprience with other weekend 50-hour dramas, it is the first I am watching.

However, I do not have any high hopes for more innovation / breaking new ground in this drama - IMO it is already innovative and different - I think that at the beginning  the producers took huge risks by introducing such difficult and controversial topics as bullying, suicide, arranged marriage, abuse of power - and had nothing but misery in the show for the first fifteen hours or so - to such an extent that the title to mee seemed like a bitter joke, because there was nothing beautiful or wonderful in either life or love.

The drama received surprisingly large viewerships despite these difficult topics, so I think the producers will play it safe now - after all, it is viewership and ratings that matter most. So I am pessimistic and expect only cliches and recycled ideas now.

I would love to be dissapointed, though :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, corey said:

the producers took huge risks by introducing such difficult and controversial topics as bullying, suicide, arranged marriage, abuse of power

Exactly! And reading this "declaration"  ,it is seen they are now on the powerful whirl ->  “There are melodramatic [moments], conflicts, and incidents. But a difference from weekend dramas would be that interest and love about myself are emphasized a lot. Explosive plot twists and secrets behind a birth, writer Bae Yoo Mi and I aren’t experienced in that, so we’re trying not to show you that if possible since you’ve seen a lot of it.”  It can be a huge success or... a huge...?

By the way - it is my first long KDrama and the plenty of scenes are surpising, shocking for me...but let's wait :).

• Like 2

One thing for sure is that all the subtle signal JH have given CA will get a new meaning for her. like this scene where he say he cant like her. Even though she most be angry at him for not telling her after she herself opened up to him. I think she gonna understand why he acted the way he did at least. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Have been rewatching this scene which is both funny and sad. :joy:

Jun Hwi ah! :heartbreak:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

On 1/13/2020 at 7:29 AM, stroppyse said:

HR still does not seem willing to admit how badly she hurt CA, nor is she willing to apologize for it. HR can come up with any excuses that she wants, but she's still shying away from taking any responsibility for her actions.

And what if finding her blood-related brother (KSW, if that's him) will trigger HR's repentance arc, addressing the source of her abandonment issues? (not that I'm wanting forgiveness for her character, but what if...)

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, I'm only vested in SA to the point where she is involved with JW's story. Rather than spending a lot of time on HR, TR, and SA, I would much rather see CA, JH, and JW.

If they did that I've probably had dropped the show, thank goodness they did not :sweatingbullets:, although I agree about HR.

I'm particularly not really interested on CA & JH romance and only find them interesting as the background/ catalysator of TR-SA-JW conflicts.

Just like people may find TR's as a character is boring (not me though, I love him & find I rarely seen a great ML character like him in kdramaland, he is warm & not cold and arrogant like most ML in kdramas), I find CA's too kind, almost like a saint & felt unreal, so it's hard for me to feel related, she's adorable though.

As for SA, probably because she isn't the regular type of kdrama heroine which's a candy & bubbly type, so I find her character's arc is intriguing, she's grey, flawed & felt real, just like lots of people in real life, self centered & makes mistakes.

As for JW, I hate his cheating but the writer is good at making viewers understood his action, also OMS is really good as JW, he gives depth to his character & his action is often hilarious, that's why we just can't hate him :D

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Rufus said:

And what if finding her blood-related brother (KSW, if that's him) will trigger HR's repentance arc, addressing the source of her abandonment issues? (not that I'm wanting forgiveness for her character, but what if...)

Whoaa, if this happens to be true (KSW being blood relative of HR) I am really going to hate the writer-nim for making my favourite character suffer so much. Gee, not only was he falsely accused of a hit and run, went to juvie and then to jail, got hit by a car door, got 12 stiches, lost his job, but has to wake up one day and find HR as his sibling :tears:. This is just too cruel!!!

I really root for KSW now. I wish I knew how to make a gif out of this scene in episode 58-59 when CA looks at the CCTV and finds he is not guilty and then half-serioulsy tells him that he has to give her back hospital fee and he smiles showing the cutest dimple ever :wub:. I bet it is the first time for a long time when he smiled.

I watch the rest of the show because I want to know how clever the writer-nim is going to be in resolving this seeminly unresolvable family puzzle. I know that CA and JH will end up together, SA can end up with whoever, either is fine by me - if with JW, then she will get her deserts for abandoning HR by living with Double X, and I am sure HR will find someone with his good looks and lovely personaly nice enough for him, even if not half so beautiful as SA (the neighbourhood dentist is still waiting I am sure! Or else, perhaps I would do? :D).

But I want some justice and happiness for my Dimple Boy!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Rewatching a rare scene in ep 59-60 where JH and CA met face to face after the breakup. :tears:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, corey said:

I really root for KSW now. I wish I knew how to make a gif out of this scene in episode 58-59 when CA looks at the CCTV and finds he is not guilty and then half-serioulsy tells him that he has to give her back hospital fee and he smiles showing the cutest dimple ever :wub:. I bet it is the first time for a long time when he smiled

Haha, you made me rewatch that :D

KSW is indeed likeable!

I would have loved for JH to witness the scene where KSW grabbed CA's envelope of money (JH's protective mode could surface) and then have a meal with her (hope JH gets jealous!).

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, I feel that there are quite a few female heroines who are not candy types in the more modern dramas. Especially, in the weekend dramas, and the longer episode count dramas, usually the second lead is not a candy type at all, regardless of whether the second lead is supportive or competitive to the main lead.

And, even the main lead roles for women have tended to be less bubbly. To be fair, I think those roles tend to go to the older female leads, though, rather than to the younger women. Kim Sun Ah, Kim So Yeon, Kim Ha Neul, Go Hyun Jung come to mind immediately for the diversity of their roles with very few candy type roles, and I'm sure there are many others.

As I am very new to the K-Drama universe, I had to look up these actresses and I am sorry to say, I have not watched any of the dramas they starred in with the exception of "My lovely Kim Sam Soon" (and that was for Hyun Bin, of course, rather than her). But I can see the problem - some of dramas I watched irritated me no end because the female lead tended to be "poor girl pushed around by rich jerks", on top of being bubbly candy type. This is however less prominent in newer dramas as you rightly pointed out. And CA certainly does not fall into the category of "poor girl pushed around by rich jerks", being a policewoman and all!

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Wrt this drama, I have to think whether I think that CA is a candy type girl. I think that because of the darkness of the start of her arc when we meet her, I tended not to put her in that category. As her mother had said, while she tries to present a cheerful and energetic front, there is a darkness to CA as well, as evidenced by not only her desire to commit suicide, but that she took actions to really do it. I think a lot of people may think about suicide, but it takes a certain darkness and hopelessness to do something proactive about that desire.

Hmm, as much as I like this actress, perhaps that is a slight acting fail? That she didn't convey the darkness to her character in an impressionable way?

I think CA as a character struggled a lot  to overcome this darkness and the bubbly/candy side of her is very much a conscious effort to hide this darkness. She was very shaken by JG death and in her confession to JH about JG suicide she says that she tried to live a full and happy life for his sake. Hence the bubbliness.  I do not feel compenent, however, to judge the acting skills of Seol In Ah. She certainly is good at acting bubbly silly, which I think is not her own persona. When I watched her the red carpet walk during KSB drama award ceremony, she looked very aloof, veeery unlike uri (우리)  CA!

• Like 6