[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

8 minutes ago, corey said:

the producers took huge risks by introducing such difficult and controversial topics as bullying, suicide, arranged marriage, abuse of power

Exactly! And reading this "declaration"  ,it is seen they are now on the powerful whirl ->  “There are melodramatic [moments], conflicts, and incidents. But a difference from weekend dramas would be that interest and love about myself are emphasized a lot. Explosive plot twists and secrets behind a birth, writer Bae Yoo Mi and I aren’t experienced in that, so we’re trying not to show you that if possible since you’ve seen a lot of it.”  It can be a huge success or... a huge...?

By the way - it is my first long KDrama and the plenty of scenes are surpising, shocking for me...but let's wait :).

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing for sure is that all the subtle signal JH have given CA will get a new meaning for her. like this scene where he say he cant like her. Even though she most be angry at him for not telling her after she herself opened up to him. I think she gonna understand why he acted the way he did at least. 

On 1/13/2020 at 7:29 AM, stroppyse said:

HR still does not seem willing to admit how badly she hurt CA, nor is she willing to apologize for it. HR can come up with any excuses that she wants, but she's still shying away from taking any responsibility for her actions.

And what if finding her blood-related brother (KSW, if that's him) will trigger HR's repentance arc, addressing the source of her abandonment issues? (not that I'm wanting forgiveness for her character, but what if...)

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, I'm only vested in SA to the point where she is involved with JW's story. Rather than spending a lot of time on HR, TR, and SA, I would much rather see CA, JH, and JW.

If they did that I've probably had dropped the show, thank goodness they did not :sweatingbullets:, although I agree about HR.

I'm particularly not really interested on CA & JH romance and only find them interesting as the background/ catalysator of TR-SA-JW conflicts.

Just like people may find TR's as a character is boring (not me though, I love him & find I rarely seen a great ML character like him in kdramaland, he is warm & not cold and arrogant like most ML in kdramas), I find CA's too kind, almost like a saint & felt unreal, so it's hard for me to feel related, she's adorable though.

As for SA, probably because she isn't the regular type of kdrama heroine which's a candy & bubbly type, so I find her character's arc is intriguing, she's grey, flawed & felt real, just like lots of people in real life, self centered & makes mistakes.

As for JW, I hate his cheating but the writer is good at making viewers understood his action, also OMS is really good as JW, he gives depth to his character & his action is often hilarious, that's why we just can't hate him :D

7 hours ago, corey said:

I really root for KSW now. I wish I knew how to make a gif out of this scene in episode 58-59 when CA looks at the CCTV and finds he is not guilty and then half-serioulsy tells him that he has to give her back hospital fee and he smiles showing the cutest dimple ever :wub:. I bet it is the first time for a long time when he smiled

Haha, you made me rewatch that :D

KSW is indeed likeable!

I would have loved for JH to witness the scene where KSW grabbed CA's envelope of money (JH's protective mode could surface) and then have a meal with her (hope JH gets jealous!).

@icemaid I agree with you. Funny but sad sums it all up. Korean drama producers should stop using “rom-com” as a descriptor. Tragicomedy is a more suitable genre they should be producing for. This drama has all the elements of it. Star-crossed lovers, ill-fated families entwined in frenemistic (friends, yet enemies in an antagonistic but otherwise romantic mish mash of conditions) relationships, blunders and bloopers of new love, old wounds, fresh insights, confused judgements. Shakespeare would approve.

@stroppyse could you take a look at this . The video & written preview are Out . Thanks 
http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/lovelife/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0196-01-60306,read,,18,799118

From what I understand Judge Hong finds out that CA & JG actually only met for the 1st time that day , and are not in a relationship. 

Looks like KSW meets CA dad . Lol! And is JH stalking CA ? Waiting for her at the station ( in his car ? )

On 1/17/2020 at 5:22 AM, gilaswan said:

Korean drama producers should stop using “rom-com” as a descriptor. Tragicomedy is a more suitable genre they should be producing for

Yes, they should but I'm affraid KDramas have their own rules... Writing some posts up I mentioned it - the dramas shouldn't be  l'art pour l'art till the end. What about f.ex. the hidden message for viewers? The standards the audience is used to seeing are crossed very often and... the viewers could feel the swing moods - the main rule in KDramas? I'm not an Korean cinema expert:) so I observe and try to understand this phenomenon. The episodes are written ad hoc sometimes , the personality of characters is identified with real performers, the reality slowly permeates on the screen= the rules in KDramas?  Someone underlined BLWL reminds "Romeo and Julie" - such an accurate observation! and following the threads in "our" drama it is really visible but... there are also Cinderella - Prince  gestures ( beach - shoes), the Mermaid ( JH lifting CA on the beach) , The Titanic (  the quad riding), Gone with the Wind ( "almost" kissing scene after drinking party) etc.etc..

On 1/16/2020 at 11:15 PM, corey said:

he slightly twitched his mouth in contempt when he remembered this detail - how could anyone make such a tinly muscle movement to be soooo meaningful.

Oh! Yes,! It Is! -  and the scenes trembling lips, breaking voices  coming from  sore throats etc -> Following the KJY's interview he is really accurate in the smallest aspects = scenes. He underlined  "I have got slanting eyes but a simple look " , " ...a lot of non - shown possiblities..." etc.... Generally he is a reasonable, VERY CREATIVE, modest man with a huge sense of humour - rather a droll  in a private life what is , pradoxically, helpful acting opposite characters ( it works this way:) ).  Together with Seorina they are in "their acting world" and expressively create the lead couple. Well, well,well ...the star is rising...!!!

On 1/16/2020 at 9:20 AM, corey said:

And what if finding her blood-related brother (KSW, if that's him) will trigger HR's repentance arc, addressing the source of her abandonment issues? (not that I'm wanting forgiveness for her character, but what if...)

Interesting! Why not  KSW - TR?  Uhm, there was also Park on the  Jugde list. Let's have a hope the "moved away" threads would be continued in the next 40th episodes.

By the way, JH was also a wintess of DoubleX's agressia against SA - the scene in hospital -  and what the different reaction it was, what different judge's reaction that moment! Looking back through past episodes it can be little discomfort for viewers and a lot of questions "WHY" - but it is only drama:)

As to  @stroppyse note. Yes! You are right - the cany or so..ring.:lol: and I used the quote marks :lol: because it was my the first associating :lol: - nothing more. 

@stroppyse thanks loads. Yes I hope the writer can Ensure the OTP have scenes together. I am likely the minority, but I really can’t stand the idea of using love triangles to get them back together  . It’s not like they are unsure about how they feel about each other but the wedge that drives them apart is not something an ordinary couple would face.  They need to overcome this obstacle together. 

Our poor Jun Hwi @lalalaelala While there’s no denying that CA has suffered much in the last decade & the recent developments only add to her heartache, JH has been equally  miserable. He’s never had closure for his brother’s death but yet he knows deep down from JG’s letter & later on CA’s unwitting confession that it wasn’t a heroic act that ended his life . He gave up his law studies & I believe had his life on hold over those years . The one person he fell in love with he can’t freely love her . Anyway I am just glad he’s not going to give up on her . I am rooting for him 

I love this scene . kJY conveyed all the pain & emotions JH felt so well 

Spoiler

@corey yes dear . I will do recaps this Sunday for sure . But Saturday, I may not be able to . Even if I can , I’ll have one gadget with me , so I’ll watch first & give recaps after . 

FINALLY the weekend is here.  looking forward to JH reactions.  big :star: for you @triplem and @stroppyse for recaps and translating.   

I confess that each morning  open this forum and YT before starting my day.  helps the suspense until I can watch subs. 
so your work isn’t in vain.  much appreciated.  

easy guess KSW is under the blanket.  JH is too elite to sprawl out in public.  Glad to see CA seems to be standing strong. exactly what everyone else that doubts her needs to see. 

I think I know the answer to my question but why is JH so conflicted in expressing his love to CA.  I understand that he didn't want to say who he really was to CA as it would hurt her but why would he go back to her if she found out who he really was.  Why not just stay with her?  (Or is it because they have to make this into a longer drama so they can't make it that easy.) =) . 

He knows that she wasn't responsible for JG's death so what is the issue?  Is it because everyone else thinks she is responsible?  Is it because she was there when JG died so it feels awkward to love her?  

28 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

He knows that she wasn't responsible for JG's death so what is the issue?  Is it because everyone else thinks she is responsible?  Is it because she was there when JG died so it feels awkward to love her?  

The issue won't be him...it would be her. She is the one that is going to reject him tomorrow. She covered up JG's death by lying to JH's mum outright that JG died saving her. She maintained that lie for a decade to protect Judge Hong's feelings and also her own mum (who convinced her that was the best course of action.)  And tomorrow to her horror , she will realise that she had told JH the truth....apart from feeling betrayed that JH had omitted to tell her who he was to JG, she would not be able to face JH because she had never wanted JG's family to know what happened. 

Lol ! I just saw you post @stroppyse

Archived