[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm curious to know how they're going to treat the reveal of the judge's framing of SW. It's not a simple matter since it could mean that the judge may have to step down as a judge for criminal misconduct. Framing someone is a big deal, and not one where a simple apology is enough to make amends.

10 years have passed, right? Do you know whether there is a statute of limitation in SK for this kind of crime? Regardless whether she has to be sentenced legally or not, it’s true that she could never make enough amends for the years lost for KSW. I really wonder how KSW will respond to her. Anger for sure initially but how will the writer resolve this angst. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stroppyse I haven't spent as much time thinking about SA. So I agree with you 're her relationship with JW. I skipped a lot of her interactions with TR. He was so boring. So devotedly boring.

I am going to watch this weekend's episodes now. Then have to check some edits for another drama- which I am procrastinating. Then it's a full week for me. The drama is going to be on a backburner till next Sat.

I will say as I recall the comments about a dating life from Crash Landing on you. The one where the 2nd male lead told the 2nd female lead that a marriage endgame spoils the uncertainty. So having JW and TR both pursuing SA has removed the uncertainty elements. So I liked seeing the uncertainty. And am not sure am up to bothering to watch SA sort out who she likes.

But really and honestly, real life is too busy and I am not bothered enough about this drama to ponder about it. However there are really good discussion points on this thread. That's why I am in it. But the drama that really makes me think are Crash Landing on you and War of Prosecutors. Both threads are either not active or no valid points raised there. So I cannot discuss what I want to say about those dramas. But am discussing about this drama- even though the characters are not as well fleshed out. It is one of the more watchable weekend dramas; not one that made me cry. Or say " wow that happens at my work too. The character and situations are so realistic. "

Pity we can't be at all places at once. 2 dramas caught my heart. But 1 drama has more interesting viewers. Lol.

@ktcjdrama @stroppyse my main concern is what JH will do & feel once he finds out what his mum did . I hope the drama does not go the route of making JH go against CA when the latter starts digging out the truth . That crazy thought crossed my mind just now . Then this drama needs to be renamed , cause love & life ain’t looking too beautiful or wonderful at the moment :D

By the way @stroppyse , you can take a look at the naver comments here at the bottom of the videos 

example

JH - JW in the car 

https://m.tv.naver.com/v/11861391
CA finding out about JH

https://m.tv.naver.com/v/11861895

I used to check the best comments ( using Papago translator ) , and that’s how I know in the early days there was a shift in demographics of the typical weekend viewers . There were plenty of comments about how CA -JH is the reason a younger generation of viewers started tuning into this drama . I know there was a lot of support for their love line , so I hope the writer won’t mess with them and add in unnecessary love triangle 

7 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

But the drama that really makes me think are Crash Landing on you and War of Prosecutors. Both threads are either not active or no valid points raised there. So I cannot discuss what I want to say about those dramas

As I mentioned as a reminder on the thread , you can always tag someone to talk or start a discussion. We’re an international community where people come for different reasons . Feel free to write your thoughts or comments there . You initiating a discussion may bring others to respond 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

There is one definite method…
JH: Hmm? What is it?
JW: Should we just slightly get into an accident by the police station?
JH: Hyung.
JW: Then you watch furtively while I cause a loud ruckus. There is no way that she won’t come out to see what the matter is. Hmm? What do you want to do? Do you want to be pitiful and meet her then leave? Or do you want to be cool about it, and just leave?

:lol: Anyone noticing the driver’s expression when JW suggested this? How not to love JW when he is playing Cupid? The pining look on JH’s face is just so boyish adorable, especially when he asked to drive past once more so he could get another look.

TR seemed to understood the affect of CA being around HR.   I do give him prompts.  I don’t think JH even knows who the bully person is or to what a physical affect it has on CA.   It would be interesting scene putting JH in the room to witness this.  
just waiting for a big showdown between these two.

JW. redeemed himself give all my :heart:   
I cracked up watching JW/JH.  I really enjoy the bromance. it’s becoming impossible to dislike JW

Noticed both men told their mothers they were  going to leave them if their women were harmed.   it would be very entertaining to see both of these rich boys staying in awkward conditions.

the judge’s behavior leaves me at loss for words.  even CA herself is perplexed.  I wonder if JH will leave right there keeping his word about protecting CA.

22:44 episode 58. Did anyone notice the massive slap mark on OMS face? 

That was an open palmed slap. Didn't they use sound effects? That wasn't a fake slap. His neck had actual welt marks from multiple slaps?

Shesh.

And wow Judge Hong is way harsher than what the subs say. The scene with CA's mother.

Glad that it seems some of the truth is finally going to be revealed. However we're not sure how much of it is going to be let known by all the parties.

At this moment  I wonder ... ... what will be CA's first question? The situation is so intense .... Will the judge let them talk it out without her? Will JH let CA talk to his mother in private.. Each has his or her own secret to share and protect with each personal reason.

Looking forward to the next episode. 

7 hours ago, triplem said:

I know in the early days there was a shift in demographics of the typical weekend viewers . There were plenty of comments about how CA -JH is the reason a younger generation of viewers started tuning into this drama .

Well, if dramas are only for dramas it only means business. Korea stands at the edge of a demographic collapse and dramas f.ex. BLWL can be this kind of remedy in the world where the real life is mixed with illusions so..the result of ranking is the effect of this phenomenon. I hope the hidden message will help the young population to be much more effective. The sad proof - > Why Young People in South Korea are Staying Single Despite Efforts to Spark Dating

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

22:44 episode 58. Did anyone notice the massive slap mark on OMS face? 

OMS is the most battered, pushed, poked actor now - can it be compared with his words during the KBS Awards speech - " the actor's job is not easy"?. He reminds Charlie Chaplin with his comism and the scenes are compensated with his sense of humour :)

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

As for first words, I think CA will ask for confirmation that JH is JG's brother after all. And, then I think that CA will ask why he deceived her. I would think it would be JH that she's furious with first. And, then she might ask if that's why the judge had been treating her so coldly recently.

Yes, it is possible ....although the real life could bring such a different solution. People, the judge type are never changed themselves, they are hardened in their infallibility till the end but..it is only drama. One aspect... she also "ate" three people so...?  Checkmate!

CA is much more brave and strong, her transformation and JH's love together with his tears are her power. JH's needs CA to be himself, to be...a man and his whispering.."...Cheonga..." sounds as a deep breath in the new life but...what about his promise? Is he enough determinated to show his affect to CA? He should be! For viewers! If this drama will be transformed into the commercial project it will be lost of time, talents and the chance to help .... the bulled students, the young people lost in the not easy world. Don't you think so?

All previous discussants are very creative and it is my pleasure to talk with you:)

I hope the writer will let JW and SA to fall in love, get married again and live together without his mother. JW made a mistake but SA is also to blame. Let everyone hope that even if grave mistakes are made, there's forgiveness and a marriage can be saved.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyone noticing the driver’s expression when JW

Me . Especially when the cousins talked about ramming the car against the tree & peeing by the roadside. :mrgreen: :joy:The driver was shocked and in great fear it may actually happen 

————
I am not sure how this writer does it but I am always amazed that within every hour I can be laughing my head off in one moment & lost in a sea of emotions the next moment. The cousins & BR  brought some well needed comedic relief during their drinking session . Then I found my eyes welling up in tears like  JH as he observed CA from afar . The longing he had for her  kills me each time . I wanted to drag him there myself 

I have always wanted JH to be the one to tell CA the truth rather than her finding it out herself. But of course what we saw on Sunday makes for good television ;) .. No , it was not easy for me to see CA discover JH’s identity this way but I think it for the best that she saw both Judge Hong & JH together. No more secrets, nothing left to hide where JH & CA are concerned . Healing can only begin when the truth is plain for all to see. It would be difficult for CA initially,  I have a bad feeling she’d pushed JH away . ( I am not feeling as optimistic as I normally am ) But there’s still the ultimate lie , JG’s reason for his suicide . That I believe is going to hurt even more.  For not just CA but especially for JH , as his mum’s poor decision of covering up JG’s accident, is the root to the mess we have today 

On another note, while TR isn’t perhaps as charismatic & charming as JW is , I do like him very much as a person. Romance & love triangle aside , I do think he has been instrumental in helping SA get over the lowest point in her life , get back with her family and stand on her own feet again . In the same way , I appreciate the way he is helping CA overcome her trauma of being bullied. 

@PeVe @susan337 welcome both to this thread and Soompi  . 

Boy what a cliffhanger for next weekend. CA shows up at JH's house! I hope this week goes by fast. We finally see Judge Hong's claws come back out. She is just as mean and nasty as Double X. She just goes about it a different way. Can't wait until all of the secrets are revealed and she will probably lose her judgeship as well as probably getting disbarred from practicing law as well.

This is the second kdrama I've watched where the Korean police have a central role in the drama. I am amazed at how the Korean police really have a servant's attitude towards the public rather than a warrior's attitude so prevalent here in the states.

I really loved episode 59-60.  I like all the episodes but I was just glued to this one.  I enjoyed each scene.  

In the scene between the Judge and CA's mom, I really wished that CA's mom could say what really happened on the day that JG died. Couldn't she have said that her daughter was there too because of a suicide pact and that JG died on his own and how CA is the one who pulled him out. I thought that the Judge sincerely liked CA but maybe that wasn't the case the fact that she called CA worthless and then said that she wanted to choke CA.  

I loved the office scene with JG, JW and BR  and the  driving in the car scenes with JG and JW.   I think that JG should have listened to JW and gotten out of the car when he saw CA.  I like JG being with CA but why is he just looking at her from afar.  

If you got to see the subtitles, it was so funny what JW said to JG about trying to get the attention of the patrol division.. and possibly to be able to see CA... to urinate in public and that he would sing loudly.  hahaha!!! I wonder what the poor driver was thinking when he heard that or when he heard how JW suggested that they could ram the car into the tree.

BR is too cute!  He wanted to confess to CA but he was worried how she would react.  He said that he and her could be happy in a rented home.  =)   I like how JW teased JG saying that BR and CA would make a cute couple. =) 

I also loved the couple shots between Jw and BR but especially the one between JH and BR.  They are rivals but it is so funny that JW told them to be closer for the picture and to form a heart. =) 

I think TR is so awesome!  He was so sweet to CA and helped her to feel comfortable.  Even though he and JG are supposed to be similar in age in the drama, I feel like TR is more of an "oppa" than JG. JG just seems clueless and lost.  TR seems so full of wisdom, confidence and warmth.  I hope that TR will have a positive influence on HR in helping her to come to the realization in seeing what her actions have caused and how deeply she has hurt people. 

I really liked how right away KSW asked CA to help get to the bottom of the hit and run case and how he was wrongfully charged.   But I was so shocked to see how she went to the judge's office and told her what KSW said.  I am nervous for CA that the judge might try to physically harm CA since now the judge knows that KSW has asked for help in the hit and run case. 

I used to think that the aunt was crazy but now I feel like the judge might be more worse than the aunt.  I was scared when the judge threw CA's cactus gift on the ground .  

I thought that CA's mom was going to be the one to tell CA the truth but that was so shocking to see how CA found out the truth on her own by looking at the emergency contact paper. 

She has so much guts and is so brave to actually go to their home.  I wonder what she will say.  I am nervous for her that she might collapse.  I wonder if she will think that  they , both JH and the judge, were conspiring together to hurt her or if she would feel like she were being bullied again but this time emotionally and mentally versus physically, emotionally and mentally like when she was a  high schooler. When she came through the doors, her eyes seemed similar to when she had come to the judge's home when she was a teenager. 

I feel like JH is going to have to start sprinkling salt on CA's driveway with JW in order to win CA's heart back or making pickled radishes together or giving her a candy ring because after CA finding out the truth, I think she will harden her heart towards JH at least for a short while.  Of course I think eventually she will forgive him and understand but i think JH is going to really have to step it up to win back CA's trust.  I think he needs mentorship or tutorials from both JW and TR   because if he is going to continue to just watch her from a distance and not say anything, i don't think that will win her heart back.  But i do think that CA does need to start talking to JH again in order to be able to help KSW so hope that reconciliation can happen soon.

I hope that JH or CA can tell the judge the truth about what really happened to JG because it doesn't seem fair that she continues to be blamed.  I guess the judge has continued to blame CA all these years.  Then why meet CA?  Was it out of sincerity or was it to punish her so that CA would never forget JG?  

Just like TR wants HR to change and to truly be sincere in her apology towards CA, I wonder what will cause the judge to change and to see how her actions have affected so many people... JG, JH, CA, KSW, even SA and JU.  I hope that the judge can change and will  come to sincerely apologize for her actions.  

When the judge saw CA near the courier delivery office and when CA mentioned how KSW was in a hit and run and the judge said it was just one mistake, i wonder if she were talking about herself and how it was a mistake on her part to frame KSW or was she talking about  JG?

Can't wait for the next episodes to see what happens. =) Have a good week everyone!!! 

13 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

really liked how right away KSW asked CA to help get to the bottom of the hit and run case and how he was wrongfully charged.   But I was so shocked to see how she went to the judge's office and told her what KSW said.  I am nervous for CA that the judge might try to physically harm CA since now the judge knows that KSW has asked for help in the hit and run case. 

I felt the same threat since CA was in the hospital with Judge.   I’m afraid CA is going to be too trusting with the information she has on KSW and it will backfire instead of helping.  also I think instead of physical threat it may be a mental threat of CA losing her sanity.  Either way the Judge is a threat to CA.

16 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

I feel like JH is going to have to start sprinkling salt on CA's driveway with JW in order to win CA's heart back or making pickled radishes together or giving her a candy ring because after CA finding out the truth, I think she will harden her heart towards JH at least for a short while

Yes yes yes!!!   I love JH but needing to grovel is a must. 

Also, I must must say I was disappointed in JH reaction when he overheard Auntie poured gallon of water on CA at the funeral. :rage:   blonde witch needs a good spanking.  JH didn’t react Angry strongly enough in my opinion. 

Overall I think the next 40 episodes will focus on The bullying issue, the judge and SA figuring herself out. Hoping there will be enough room for blissful love scenes of JH/CA together 

1 hour ago, mizv said:

I felt the same threat since CA was in the hospital with Judge.   I’m afraid CA is going to be too trusting with the information she has on KSW and it will backfire instead of helping.  also I think instead of physical threat it may be a mental threat of CA losing her sanity.  Either way the Judge is a threat to CA.

Yes yes yes!!!   I love JH but needing to grovel is a must. 

Also, I must must say I was disappointed in JH reaction when he overheard Auntie poured gallon of water on CA at the funeral. :rage:   blonde witch needs a good spanking.  JH didn’t react Angry strongly enough in my opinion. 

Overall I think the next 40 episodes will focus on The bullying issue, the judge and SA figuring herself out. Hoping there will be enough room for blissful love scenes of JH/CA together 

Yes, i was disappointed in JH's reaction as well when he heard what is Aunt did to CA at the funeral.  I know that he is trying to show that he has changed but he should have spoken up and said something to defend CA.  

11 minutes ago, mizv said:

stuck pondering what each person will say

Yeah there is many way this could go. gonna be long week before the weekend comes. :huh:  Another scenario of mine is that JH will take CA out of the house to talk in private. even before his mother can do or say anything. I mean he have done the unexpected before and also we know when he have to act on impulse he act what his heart want. 

Gonna be interesting to see how this gonna play out. :ph34r:

@mizv Judge H: My son wasted his life on someone worthless 

Scary lady. She is far worse than her sister. At least with the sister you already know what she’s like face value. Judge on the other hand two faced. 

JU/SA/TR-

Gosh, history is against JU/SA end game.  I can’t recall any main lead being written down to secondary in kdrama. I just love OMS as JU, if it were another actor?? Anyway, I don’t think the writer anticipated JU to be so popular against TR. So, as fan service they’re giving a month of JU/SA. 

JH's mom is indeed one scary lady, every nasty words she said to CA & CA's mom, her deadly gaze, wew I got chills :crazy:

Seol Ah was right when she said to JH that there must be a reason why JU & his mom were so afraid of his mom knowing the truth/ their relationship, look how frightening she has become? :persevere:

JU's mom (Double X) at least can be funny to see when she's mad/ throwing tantrum, I laughed so much at her drama when Jin U danced on stairs :joy:

Archived