[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

Although, my favorite storyline involves Cheong ah and Jun Hwi, I do want to say a little something about why I actually enjoyed the scene with Tae Rang being upset with Jin Woo in episodes 83-84, but I might just be in the minority.  But that's okay. :grin:  I just want to give a different perspective. 

I agreed with every word that Tae Rang said to Jin Woo and really liked the passion and anger that he said it with.   :D

For me , I was never a TR/ SA shipper nor was I a JW/ SA shipper.  So it never really bothered me that TR just kind of left SA alone to settle things with JW.  So for him to be upset with JW, it just didn't bother me.  I do feel like he gave up on SA but more because his dad didn't approve of him dating someone who was divorced and also because he felt guilty about all the things that his sister had done to SA and to CA.  I just feel like that's more of his personality and his character.  I don't really see him as someone who is going to go against his dad's wishes, also I feel like he is a thoughtful and proper person and might feel that it might not seem appropriate to be dating someone whose family has been so hurt by the actions of his sister.  I think it really went against his core principles to tell his dad that he wished that he weren't Hae Rang's brother and to even tell her that she was dead to him.  I just feel like his role in this drama is of a person who really loves his family.  

책임- Chae- geem:  This is the word for responsibility that TR said.  For me, when I heard him say this word, I felt that he was telling Jin Woo that he needed to start taking responsibility for all the mess that he had created with having an affair with Hae Rang and to be ready to take the consequences of what he did.   Because that word isn't just about being responsible or having a responsibility but it's about "taking responsibility"... if one stole something to have the chae- geem to return the item and to apologize and to no longer steal, and  to take the consequences for those actions ... etc. 

The chae in Chae geem is the same ending sound as Tae as in Tae Rang. 

Also, I want to add that I don't think that Tae Rang has forgotten what Hae Rang's role has been in the affair or that she keeps trying to pursue Jin Woo.  And I think he already knows that Hae Rang won't take responsibility.  But when he talked about responsibility it was in reference to Jin Woo's role in the affair.  Maybe Tae Rang doesn't have the right to confront him but I think Tae Rang was just frustrated by the situation of Hae Rang being at JW's home and JW being at SA's home. 

Jin Woo actually hasn't suffered any consequences.  (Yes, I know that he is remorseful but in terms of real consequences not sure if there have been any for him.... but maybe the forced divorce?)  His mom did force the divorce, so SA and JW are divorced, but he doesn't act like one who is divorced because he keeps trying to spend time with Seol Ah and her family.  Even his mom likes his mistress.  This is absurd.  Life really is too easy for Jin Woo which is why I think TR asked if he could borrow his clothes cuz then maybe he would live  in a feisty and fearless way as well.  (Which is maybe what people want to see in Tae Rang?)

But I agree with what Tae Rang said about Jin Woo that he lives his life as he is correct and getting to basically do whatever he wants.  He can say, "I Love You" to his wife and then kiss his mistress  and then say "see you later" to his mistress  and then go back to his wife, etc. But where are his consequences... I think that is what Tae Rang was trying to point out to Jin Woo.

(I like Jin Woo and really am not annoyed with him as some other characters in other dramas who have had affairs but I do agree with Tae Rang that he has had no consequences for his actions.)

If this were real life, and if someone really had an affair, I don't know if it would be this easy for them.  So I think that's where TR's anger and annoyance came from.  And I am glad that he spoke up because JW wasn't listening to SA and no one seemed to be telling him how crazy he is being. Which is where this word comes in: 정신차려.  This is the word that TR said to JW.   Not sure if I spelled it correctly, but this word is Jung Sheen Cha Ryul.  I think the subbed english version said, "Pull yourself together" but "Jung Shin" has to do with ones mind or mental state and to hear Jung Sheen Cha Ryul, I interpret it more as :  "Correct your mental state". ... or "Get your act together".... basically "stop being crazy" and "stop doing crazy things". .... or "do things that  make sense." :D

And that's really what JW needs to do.  Because it really doesn't make sense for him to have had an affair for 2 years, have his mistress change his diapers in the hospital while he was in a coma and then come to date his ex wife for a month and to get to stay at his ex- in law's house. :D . Seriously, Jin Woo needs to 정신차려. :blush: . (Will translate, @triplem :blush:  Or in english: Seriously, Jin Woo needs to Jung Shin Cha Ryul or get his act together and do things that make sense. :grin:

But it's more about the consequences of his actions... he's had none. Even though HR doesn't work in his department anymore , due to his mother,  the ties with HR have not been completely cut.  I think that is why TR told JW that he should have made HR leave his house versus him going to SA's house.   I think this is the responsibility  or  책임/ Chae Geem that TR was talking about.  Because HR's still in a delusional state about being with JW but it's really only JW that can cut that emotional tie that she has with him.  

Also, TR's dad doesn't know that SA was forced to be divorced and that HR had an affair with SA's husband.  (I don't know but maybe knowing this TR's dad might be more understanding about TR pursuing a relationship with SA,) ? But not sure as TR's dad is a very proper person too and maybe he too would feel bad at what his daughter did to SA since he already feels bad about what HR did to CA. 

I don't know how JW can completely cut ties with HR and I don't know what his consequences would look like but like what TR said, "his party is over".   I do think that JW needs to really do some soul searching.  I know that he loves Seol Ah but she just doesn't seem to love him back, in the same romantic way.   His love seems like a very selfish love, even though I do like him and want him to have a happy ending but his love seems very selfish and obsessive.  So to me that scene with TR and JW was a reality check.  (Maybe TR should have punched him too like what JW told him to do.) :blush:

(Just wanted to add that I do like JW... but just wanted to share what I liked about the TR and JW scene.)  (Sorry if I kept repeating myself. ) :D 

Spoilers contain pictures from the JW- TR scene. 

Spoiler

2Q7ByEi.png

Spoiler

8ocEfTj.png

Spoiler

4GzqmB8.png

Spoiler

ep1yNrR.png

Spoiler

dgjb0GI.png

Spoiler

lc6zNu3.png

Spoiler

yf63Kph.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

And that's really what JW needs to do.  Because it really doesn't make sense for him to have had an affair for 2 years, have his mistress change his diapers in the hospital while he was in a coma and then come to date his ex wife for a month and to get to stay at his ex- in law's house. :D . Seriously, Jin Woo needs to 정신차려. :blush:

My dear , WhAt’s that word in Korean? We’re English forum , so have to  provide translations. 
To be fair it wasn’t him that allowed HR to change his diapers . It was his mum’s orders . 
Since I hv no interest in the love triangle, I’ll just comment objectively. I do think that yes the affair was a conscious choice on his part , but I am also a believer in second chances especially when he is sincerely remorseful. Which from what I see , he is . As this is drama especially because it is a soap opera style , this sort of creative set up is very common.  I do think that the one month dating scene , while may seem ridiculous, may actually be the necessary thing for both JW & SA to get some closure , and till  today I don’t even know if they will be the end game because SA has continued to distance herself . From what I observe both have not really moved on . There’s still bitterness on her part which she has yet to come to terms with . SA’s divorce from him in the year he was in coma , was not a decision that was made unanimously by both parties . If not for XX ‘s threats , SA would have hung on till he woke up . Whether or not their marriage could have been salvaged , is a different question all together.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

My dear , WhAt’s that word in Korean? We’re English forum , so have to  provide translations. 
To be fair it wasn’t him that allowed HR to change his diapers . It was his mum’s orders . 
Since I hv no interest in the love triangle, I’ll just comment objectively. I do think that yes the affair was a conscious choice on his part , but I am also a believer in second chances especially when he is sincerely remorseful. Which from what I see , he is . As this is drama especially because it is a soap opera style , this sort of creative set up is very common.  I do think that the one month dating scene , while may seem ridiculous, may actually be the necessary thing for both JW & SA to get some closure , and till  today I don’t even know if they will be the end game because SA has continued to distance herself . From what I observe both have not really moved on . There’s still bitterness on her part which she has yet to come to terms with . SA’s divorce from him in the year he was in coma , was not a decision that was made unanimously by both parties . If not for XX ‘s threats , SA would have hung on till he woke up . Whether or not their marriage could have been salvaged , is a different question all together.

Sorry @triplem for not putting the translation in.  I just added it. :blush:  I am not that interested in the love triangle either.  I just wrote what I did as I kept reading about TR being weak and wondering how he could raise his voice at JW... so just wanted to add my 2 cents about that scene and defend or give my interpretation to TR's actions. 

(The word that I wrote in Korean in my previous post is Chae Geem which means responsibility. )  ( I bolded it this time and made sure that the english pronunciation is near the Korean characters.) 

I actually think the one month dating is okay as well only because they never had a chance to deal with their marital problems/ issues/ relationship after he woke up from the coma since his mom had forced the divorce.  So even though some may think that the 1 month dating may seem too long, I think it is good for them to use this time to deal with the marital issues that they should have talked about if they could have stayed married.  (Hope that made sense.) :grin:  

Yes, I think he is sincerely remorseful as well.  I like JW too. 

@watzdiz Thank you for showing me a website that let's me write in Korean characters. :blush:

1 hour ago, sjlsjl said:

I agreed with every word that Tae Rang said to Jin Woo and really liked the passion and anger that he said it with.

TR conveniently forgets HR pursued a married man and still keeps the chase alive.  Unfortunately JW already dropped her like a hot potato...... 

He wouldn't even touch her with a 10-foot pole.....and that's too bad.

So now, someone from the Moon family.... needs to pick her up... from XX's daycare....and beat the crap out of her delusional nonsense... that she can still land a rich man in order to fulfill her comfort-oriented dream. That daycare is just around the corner from TR's resto.  :wacko:    

BTW:

The only cruise ship afloat right now is the JH_CA_Princess... even if the Judge keeps trying to plant a corona virus on that ship. :D 

Thank you @sjlsjl for your explanation is details based on the chosen words used by TR.  It is greatly appreciated.  Those with good command of both languages English and Korean in this case like @stroppyse too have the benefits to understand more of what the intention of the speakers.

As for now, I depend fully on the sub and a very small percentage on knowing the language itself thus sometimes I love to read the post here to make sure that I understand it correctly.  Even referring to a dictionary sometimes might not help much.

Looking forward to their next interaction.

8 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

As for now, I depend fully on the sub and a very small percentage on knowing the language itself thus sometimes I love to read the post here to make sure that I understand it correctly.  Even referring to a dictionary sometimes might not help much.

Your welcome @YongZura⁷ !  This is just my interpretation of how I viewed that confrontation.  But I am sure others view it differently.

I like watching with the subs too. 

18 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

Your welcome @YongZura⁷ !  This is just my interpretation of how I viewed that confrontation.  But I am sure others view it differently.

No, I think he knows that HR is very much responsible as well.  But I think TR was bringing up JW's role in the affair as well. But yes,  HR needs to get a reality check as well... a major one.  It seems like the chairwoman is giving her hints that HR is expendable too and will probably soon spit her out like chewing gum. 

TR had an earlier conversation with JW about this.  JW looked guilty but told him it was a mistake that he would not repeat.  He said it was over.  JW made that also clear to HY.  In fact, HY told TR herself that it was over - sooner than she thinks.  It's just that after that the chairwoman kept telling her not to give up and all that rubbish!  HY was happy to listen to such nonsense.  

40 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

No, I think he knows that HR is very much responsible as well.  But I think TR was bringing up JW's role in the affair as well. But yes,  HR needs to get a reality check as well... a major one.  It seems like the chairwoman is giving her hints that HR is expendable too and will probably soon spit her out like chewing gum. 

Technically speaking,  the house belongs to Xx. The only person who can kick her out is Xx. JW can dragged that delusional HR out, she will still bounced back into the house like a gum. So JW has to move out. TR has to tell Papa Moon about HR. Only Papa Moon can drag that delusional girl by her ear out of that house. It's time for Papa Moon to see the true colours of his angel. TR has to bear some responsibility too. If he as her almighty brother can't drag that girl back home, what makes him think JW can. That girl is determined to stick to JW like a gum till JW expires. JW should apply for PPO. She is the stalker with an open invitation from Xx.

13 hours ago, sjlsjl said:

@watzdiz Thank you for showing me a website that let's me write in Korean characters.

@sjlsjl You're welcome! Glad to see you've made use of it immediately :)

d690HEE.jpg

With the current Covid-19 situation in Daegu, looks like the youth handball competition this Saturday may have to be cancelled! :mask:

seriously I don’t understand why JW need to talk with HR dad , she isn’t his wife her family isn’t his problem  , he get into her pants but so what she adult & she know he was a married man ( would her dad need to speak with every guy she sleep with  ) . it’s her responsibility to talk to her father explain her lifestyle choices .  let’s forget in her own word she say

15827497731582749765.gif

She isn’t innocent girl JW take to bed & have fun & run away . 

@triplem try Papago the Kor- Eng app by Naver. For the phrase. The only reason I returned for this is that it is one of my pet peeves in medical dramas.  And I was and still on Romantic Dr Kim.

Will something teach the Korean writers to say " 안녕하세요. 괜찮으세요?" instead? But guess  "정신차려요 " uses less words. I always wonder what phrases Koreans use when they start a Basic Life Support scenario question. " Hello, are you ok?" Do they really say " come to your senses " to an unconscious person? Why why why is it always used in a drama? If the person is not conscious your voice won't rouse them unless they are asleep or not that intoxicated.

The 2nd reason why I am commenting is that I am laughing so hard at the votes. JW is still getting votes.

3. I hope the actress playing HR chooses a different role next time. I've seen her in 2 dramas now. And she was another 2 faced youknowwhat there as well. And was also misunderstood and redeemed in the end. Her voice is going to give me PTSD because it is always associated with " liar, liar, pants on fire." Does she look like the 2 faced conniving youknowwhat type? Can't she pick a supportive friend role? Or 2nd female lead who is nice role? Or is being nasty, immoral, opportunistic a better role? 

I guess. Since she has a lot of lines. And apparently, and I didn't realize this; a lot of slaps.

@Dily Money

The instagram image to the post that @PeVe posted earlier.

Seol In Ah donated 10 million won to help families buy masks, sanitizers and other supplies to help prevent the spread of Corona Virus.  

The article from one of the BLWL crew members says that there has been a confirmed case of someone with the Coronavirus in Yeouido at a construction site.  So the crew member wrote that they got this safety message during a set recording and that she is getting sacred and afraid of commuting and scared to go out and film.  :anguished:

The number of cases in Korea seems to be rising and so praying that all the BLWL  staff, crew, team and all the actors and actresses can and will stay healthy during this time along with everyone all over the world!! 

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

try Papago the Kor- Eng app by Naver. For the phrase. The only reason I returned for this is that it is one of my pet peeves in medical dramas.  And I was and still on Romantic Dr Kim.

Yes  thanks .....am aware of Papago . But was trying to make a point that we’re an English forum where our rules clearly state that it needs to be in English , so all members have to write in English & at least provide translations for any other language they use if they wish to use a phrase in a different language.

3 hours ago, PeVe said:

Also my dear in the future best to give some explanation as to what this is . If I hadn’t been reading you here, it would have been removed cuz I would have thought you’re a spammer sending us to some unsavoury sites  . :D Thanks @sjlsjl It is very generous of SIA to help those affected by the Covid19 . There’s real concern about the outbreak there & I do hope our cast & crew can finish filming without incident. 

@stroppyse I agree that JW does not have any say over HR staying at XX’s house . What does he mean when he told Jun Hwi to think about what’s best for the company? Do you think he ( JW) is considering JH’s earlier suggestion of hiring external management to run the company? I know he mentioned to his mum , she’d have to go . But I do wonder if it means he wants to replace her himself or get someone to do it.  For reference 

Spoiler

also in this scene , it was really sweet of JH to move over & he did it rather politely . I do wonder if Judge Hong has somewhat accepted that she won’t be able to separate them 

Spoiler

—////—

SIA’s agency posted some BTS stills on Naver . ( which will explain why KJY’s head was cut off :lol:

Spoiler

Think PD sent food truck for cast & crew to cheer them up . 

Spoiler

Drama remains in the top 10 of Good Data Rankings which looks at online buzz 

Spoiler

I think that because of the virus there will be no more kisses;:tears:
 there the situation seems serious. in my part I don't understand anything anymore! I realized that the risks are for the elderly or already sick and for the health system that is overloaded but in Korea health is paid or the state thinks about it ?:huh:

2 minutes ago, Naty828 said:

I think that because of the virus there will be no more kisses

Probably... but oh no!!  I think everyone likes it when they kiss!! :D  

I was watching some earlier episodes just cuz there were some scenes that I feel like I didn't pay attention too  but in episodes 15 and 16, Seol Ah and the dad are really mean and cold to Cheong Ah.  I know that their relationship is better now but I feel like they never really apologized to Cheong Ah, or did they? 

1 hour ago, Naty828 said:

I think that because of the virus there will be no more kisses;:tears:
 there the situation seems serious. in my part I don't understand anything anymore! I realized that the risks are for the elderly or already sick and for the health system that is overloaded but in Korea health is paid or the state thinks about it ?:huh:

Lol ! Well , you don’t need to kiss to spread the virus . It is spread by droplets. 

On account that they are all talking to each other & work in close proximity to each other , the risk is there for all staff . So let’s not worry about it . The lack of kiss won’t be due to the virus but more to do with this being a family drama . ;)

53 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

was watching some earlier episodes just cuz there were some scenes that I feel like I didn't pay attention too  but in episodes 15 and 16, Seol Ah and the dad are really mean and cold to Cheong Ah.  I know that their relationship is better now but I feel like they never really apologized to Cheong Ah, or did they? 

I remembered SA apologising somewhat when she returned home the 1st time , and both sisters had a heart to heart while walking outside . And dad ...being typical Asian dad never says sorry outright . But think there was this moment when he found out she was bullied & he somewhat said something to her to not give up . She was about to go for her part time job then & awaiting the results to become a cop . 

Preview . Trouble you to translate @stroppyse

Thanks !

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/lovelife/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&utm_source=twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_source=twitter&bbs_loc=T2019-0196-01-60306,read,none,1,800770

written preview 

Spoiler

태랑에게 자신의 여동생을 찾아달라며 사진을 내미는 시월. 태랑과 준익은 그 사진을 보고 충격받을 받는다. 한편 준휘는 진우가 해임당할 것이라는 화영의 말을 듣고 어쩔 줄 몰라 하는데...

Archived