[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Y’all - please stop me from buying these in order of my beautiful pic.

https://www.gentlemonster.com/shop/ver1_detail.php?it_id=1540371434&cata=g0

They’re actually so cute though.

Can they come with a LG.

lol remember when we got all hot and bothered when they held hands during the scene in the field and then it turns out they were horny af 

• LOL 11

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Can you guys guess what my answer is for question 3?

No fair, I liked all of their kisses! I couldn’t decided between episode 10’s, beheading or cctv. In the end, I went with the one I felt was most real —> cctv. No one can convince me they are not lmh and kge in this scene lol. 

:lol::lol::lol:

New poll yay!! 

I went with the opposite beheading kiss and post-2050........ And ofcourse R-rated hopefully shower scenes and everything else will drop on top of that 

:happydance:

• LOL 9

Lol! @Heretorant thank you for the donation! I chose r-rated scene too because i gotta feed my gutter mind.

:Twerkdatbutt:

44 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

I'm surprise I'm the only one who voted for "Do you want them to go further back in time like 30.000-50.000 BC". Don't you guys want the Adam and Eve scene? 

omo!!! Dang it!! I should have thought of this! 

:headbang:

23 minutes ago, Time loop said:

New poll yay!! 

I went with the opposite beheading kiss and post-2050........ And ofcourse R-rated hopefully shower scenes and everything else will drop on top of that 

Lol! R-rated falls into the category of anything below and above so as long as we chose r-rated, everything else should drop on top ;)

:poledance:

edit:

@AgentQuake I was going to be the good friend and say “don’t stop. Buy it. It’s only 2.49 USD. Cheap.” Then decided to look at it once more and realized “Wait. 249 USD??!!” 

:fear:

lol.

• LOL 9

3 hours ago, HR. said:

Does anyone know if the can of beer from episode 5 is also PPL? There was never an up close shot of the beer, so I wasn't sure if it was PPL. Can someone tell me exactly what brand of beer it was? Here's the link to the scene with the beer: https://youtu.be/JcoZ8BcFgoY. There is another scene with that beer in their first kissing scene. 

I don't think it was PPL?  Here's a comprehensive list of PPLs and sponsors of the show:  https://www.flyhoneystars.com/2020/05/16/k-drama-product-placements-and-sponsors-in-the-king-eternal-monarch/

47 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Y’all - please stop me from buying these in order of my beautiful pic.

https://www.gentlemonster.com/shop/ver1_detail.php?it_id=1540371434&cata=g0

They’re actually so cute though.

Can they come with a LG.

lol remember when we got all hot and bothered when they held hands during the scene in the field and then it turns out they were horny af 

I have Gentle Monster sunnies. They're great.  The one I have I purchased last year and it's been holding up well.

So many things on this show I want to buy, so the PPL works haha.  I already bought JTE's necklace and now I really want her phone case too!

• Like 4
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz Yea I completely agree with you. Their relationship got completely sidelined due to the need for all of the plots to be wrapped up !! Like from the get go, they introduced the romance between JY/MSA in ep1. Then it continued until ep 5. After that from ep 7-9, it focused on JY/ES's relationship. Then from ep 9-16, it mainly focused on ES's adventures and love development with Nari. Meanwhile poor JY was just wondering around aimlessly doing errands for LG lol. I would've love to see an equal balance of scenes between the love development of JY/MSA too lol. I thought JY's character development was much more interesting than ES's. However, it seemed that midway through the series, KES found ES's development as more interesting hence why she wrote more ES scenes than JY scenes. I do love all of JY's subtle head tilts when he interacts MSA though haha.

Omg that scene where Nari wipes his face, it made me think uh oh is it about to be a fight between WDH with himself lol. However after rewatching that scene between JY and ES after, I finally got why JY says "She's kinda pretty" and the sudden flashback to MSA as he was saying it. He found MSA prettier than Nari hence the "kinda" pretty part lol. This was similar to that scene when Nari saw ES (aka JY) in the cafe, she said to JTE that ES looks lame these days. JY was just more in love with MSA than Nari lol! I just love how the parts between him and Nari (Kim Tan Moment lol) and him and ES helped him to realize that regardless of what world they were in, their counterparts would always end up falling for each other. Although, I hated how JY had to go through almost getting killed and everyone's memories being wiped to gain confidence to finally start a relationship with MSA lol. That man had confidence to go to battle, but not enough confidence to ask MSA the first go around before the timeline reset :joy:. Guess that's what him and ES 1.0 had in common hahah!!! Both were brave at protecting their loved ones, but lack the confidence to actually ask out the girls they liked lol!!!

Im just going to imagine this is how JY behaved towards MSA once he got back to KOC after the time reset :love: :

@SweetButters overall this drama needs to be at least 20 episodes, so  many things to cover haha.  i agree with you on the initial episodes, it felt like... the writer fed us candies on a possible romance and then took the candies away and left us the wrappers . pft.

on the face wipe, dId you feel JY was about to fall for nari and fight with ES ? LOL! that would actually be funny. 

I feel like ES relationship with nari is one-sided cos Nari has not really shown any obvious interest in ES.  It's more like ES clinging onto her lol. The scene with Nari eading LR's palm and when she asked if ES wanted his to be read, it seems like he heard it as "Do you want me to hold your hands?" and he went "orh" and crabs walk to her LOL! Too cute!

Whereas for JY , MSA probably drives the relationship. i actually think after that battle, MSA probably just shoved her number at JY's face and asked him out right there and then. he probably gave her that "i dunno what to say" look and nods HAHAHA. or what if, LG saves JY and MSA takes care of him in the hospital and it took off from there? hospital scene spin off from LG/TE. i can only imagine.:wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, gwin said:

So many things on this show I want to buy, so the PPL works haha.  I already bought JTE's necklace and now I really want her phone case too!

I'm more into the food PPLs. The show made me buy those Jongga Kimchis and once this quarantine is over, Imma head out to the nearest The Alley!

Also I have an SK vacation planned for next year (yayyy bamboo forest get ready) and I swear the first thing I will try is that omnipresent bbq fried chicken!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

l_2020062302001086900221021.jpg

"The King," which showed poor ratings and popularity in Korea, is enjoying strong popularity in the global OTT market

SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (The King), which was sarcastically called "the terrestrial shopping mall," is gaining the most popularity in Southeast Asia. It is said that Studio Dragon, a production company, is leading the rise in stock prices as it has settled in the top 10 global traffic rankings of global OTT Netflix.

The popularity of "The King" is alarming. Local viewers will be left wondering, but it's all about overseas stories. According to Netflix, "The King" ranked ninth on the Netflix World Chart, which collects and releases all 190 countries. "The King" was the only drama in the top 10 Korean content.

The popularity of 'The King' is based in Southeast Asia. It topped the traffic list in the Netflix TV show sector in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines. In addition, in Japan, Mexico, India, Chile, Ecuador, Dominica, Bolivia, Bulgaria, including Korea, it is among the top 10.

This project between Kim Eun-sook, author of "The Goblin," Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun drew attention, but the ratings did not support it. "The King," which started the first episode with 11.4 percent (Nielsen Korea, based on households nationwide), recorded 11.6 percent of the highest ratings in the second episode, followed by a series of declines. After recording the lowest viewer rating of 5.2 percent in the 11th episode, the final episode ended at 8.1 percent. The overall average viewer rating stood at 7.6 percent.

There were also sarcastic remarks due to the rampant PPL. Lee Min-ho's bottle coffee PPL, Kim Go-eun's stir-fried kimchi PPL, and LED mask PPL have become the subject of ridicule as they are still talked about in the online community.

However, the slump was completely washed away by Netflix. Even before the airing, Studio Dragon said it had collected 32 billion won in production costs from "The King" and Netflix copyrights.

Netflix is already putting extra effort into K-drama. While the global content production market has now been paralyzed by the aftermath of Covid-19, the advance of Korean dramas provides strong support for Netflix.

The global box office success of "The King" is expected to be a big boon for Studio Dragon. The launch of the new OTT (Disney+, Apple TV+) in the U.S. and the full-fledged competition with Tencent are expected to call for greater investment support for K-drama.

Kim Hoe-jae, an analyst at Daeshin Securities Co., recommended buying Studio Dragon by keeping its target stock price at 110,500 won. "The proportion of overseas sales is on the rise thanks to overseas expansion, the establishment of a U.S. corporation, the remake of Korean content, and the full-fledged global expansion," he said. "Original content accounts for one-third of the total production, and these works have about 20 percent of the project margin, so we expect steady improvement in profits from external growth regardless of ratings."

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202006231506003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 5
  • Thanks 2

Lee Min Ho’s horse from ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ has his own celebrity Instagram page – Republic World

Maximus the Horse, real name Benjamin, pretty much became a celebrity in his own right after the stunning success of The King: Eternal Monarch. The horse was an integral part of The King: Eternal Monarch and was one of Lee Min Ho’s closest companions on the show. Maximus the Horse was always a celebrity, even before The King: Eternal Monarch, but after the show, he has become one of the most renowned celebrity horses in the world. He even has his own personal Instagram page. 

Lee Min Ho’s horse, Benjamin was trained by the centre of Kims Horse in South Korea. Maximus the Horse, aka Benjamin, even starred in various South Korean commercials, including a commercial for KT Olleh, a massive South Korean company. 

Benjamin has also starred alongside rapper Dok2 in his album Show Me The Money. Besides The King: Eternal Monarch, the horse has also featured in the Korean variety show Will We Love Again 2.

Benjamin’s most recent appearance was in TWICE’s popular album More & More. According to recent reports, Benjamin will next be seen in another JTBC drama after the end of The King: Eternal Monarch. 

Actor Lee Min Ho also seems to have a close bond with Maximus the Horse. Lee Min Ho shared several scenes with the horse in The King: Eternal Monarch. The actor constantly fed Benjamin (Maximus the Horse), talked to it, and made sure that the horse was always okay. Benjamin was just as important to the show as Lee Min Ho. Lee Min Ho’s love for Benjamin was evident when the actor sent the house a gift basket after the end of The King: Eternal Monarch.

The above pictures and videos were shared online by Maximus the Horse’s official Instagram page, kims_horse. Lee Min Ho sent Benjamin a basket full of his favourite fruits and food items. On the gift card sent with the basket, Lee Min Ho thanked Maximus the Horse for his hard work during the filming of The King: Eternal Monarch. 

https://fr.cameroonmagazine.com/actualite-internationale/lee-min-hos-horse-from-the-king-eternal-monarch-has-his-own-celebrity-instagram-page-republic-world/?doing_wp_cron=1592901680.1523919105529785156250

• Like 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Sooo uhm why are all these articles starting to appear lol

27 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Seems like nobody wants the sequel in PG13

I voted for PG13 Im sorryyyyyyyyyyyy I cannot bear the thought of bb LMH going R rated for the whole world to see Im an old-fashioned mom

Btw can someone help translate the content of this chart hihi

l_2020062302001086900221023.jpg

• Like 1

@Wanderer062287 Quoting @gtLmh0622's post:

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I think the success of "The King" on Netflix push Korean government to do something for OTT contents exports like today's previous article posted.

Here is an article about the success of "The King" :
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000677746

The nations above from left to right :

South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippine, India, Mexico, Chill, Ecuador, Dominica,  Bolivia, Nigeria, Bulgaria

"The King" really did well in Malaysia, never dropped from TOP 1.  (5/11~6/10 total 31 days)

Such articles commending TKEM have been popping up once in a while, but hopefully, the mainstream media, local and international,  picks it up, instead of them focusing on the flaws of the drama. Whether from a local or an international perspective, the international success of TKEM is praiseworthy! :approves:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

glad to see some news article about how successfully TKEM is, internationally.

maybe knetz will realize what they have missed later.

About the poll, I want S2 R-Rated as long as its LMH and KGE :happydance:lol

actually kind of torn between the kisses, beheading or the the ep.10 or the cctv room kiss.. all beautiful in their own way :happy:

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Spoiler

Lee Min Ho’s horse from ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ has his own celebrity Instagram page – Republic World

Maximus the Horse, real name Benjamin, pretty much became a celebrity in his own right after the stunning success of The King: Eternal Monarch. The horse was an integral part of The King: Eternal Monarch and was one of Lee Min Ho’s closest companions on the show. Maximus the Horse was always a celebrity, even before The King: Eternal Monarch, but after the show, he has become one of the most renowned celebrity horses in the world. He even has his own personal Instagram page. 

Lee Min Ho’s horse, Benjamin was trained by the centre of Kims Horse in South Korea. Maximus the Horse, aka Benjamin, even starred in various South Korean commercials, including a commercial for KT Olleh, a massive South Korean company. 

Benjamin has also starred alongside rapper Dok2 in his album Show Me The Money. Besides The King: Eternal Monarch, the horse has also featured in the Korean variety show Will We Love Again 2.

Benjamin’s most recent appearance was in TWICE’s popular album More & More. According to recent reports, Benjamin will next be seen in another JTBC drama after the end of The King: Eternal Monarch. 

Actor Lee Min Ho also seems to have a close bond with Maximus the Horse. Lee Min Ho shared several scenes with the horse in The King: Eternal Monarch. The actor constantly fed Benjamin (Maximus the Horse), talked to it, and made sure that the horse was always okay. Benjamin was just as important to the show as Lee Min Ho. Lee Min Ho’s love for Benjamin was evident when the actor sent the house a gift basket after the end of The King: Eternal Monarch.

The above pictures and videos were shared online by Maximus the Horse’s official Instagram page, kims_horse. Lee Min Ho sent Benjamin a basket full of his favourite fruits and food items. On the gift card sent with the basket, Lee Min Ho thanked Maximus the Horse for his hard work during the filming of The King: Eternal Monarch. 

https://fr.cameroonmagazine.com/actualite-internationale/lee-min-hos-horse-from-the-king-eternal-monarch-has-his-own-celebrity-instagram-page-republic-world/?doing_wp_cron=1592901680.1523919105529785156250

This horse is more famous than i will ever be. 

• LOL 6

I thought I knew all the kiss scenes in TKEM. But when was that post saving kiss? Which episode was that? I thought post saving was the beheading? 

:nonono:

I'm very happy with the recent news articles posted regarding TKEM global Netflix success. Though I noticed that with Netflix as the main platform,  not a word about SK Wavve was mentioned. 

Never mind everyone knows TKEM topped Wavve week after week. 

• Love 2