[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Hi! I’m new to this thread haha

I’m rewatching TKEM right now because I can’t seem to watch anything else haha. As I rewatched it, I realized Lee Lim probably missed an opportunity to use Lee Ji Hun against Lee Gon, alongside his parallel universe mom. :joy: riiight? I mean imagine if he raised and groomed Lee Ji Hun to go against Lee Gon. I think it would be interesting to have LJH vs LG face off but maybe that’s just me. Also, now that I’m rewatching TKEM, I feel like the ending might have been changed a little. I think TKEM should have had more episodes to completely solve everything. As I’m watching the first few episodes, I think things were set up and laid down for a more grander scheme (maybe this is just me). But I still think the end was beautiful and was a nice wrap up to the story. :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

I feel like ES relationship with nari is one-sided cos Nari has not really shown any obvious interest in ES.  It's more like ES clinging onto her lol. The scene with Nari eading LR's palm and when she asked if ES wanted his to be read, it seems like he heard it as "Do you want me to hold your hands?" and he went "orh" and crabs walk to her LOL! Too cute!

Whereas for JY , MSA probably drives the relationship. i actually think after that battle, MSA probably just shoved her number at JY's face and asked him out right there and then. he probably gave her that "i dunno what to say" look and nods HAHAHA. or what if, LG saves JY and MSA takes care of him in the hospital and it took off from there? hospital scene spin off from LG/TE. i can only imagine.

Nari did like ES, she was not really onto your face or too much PDA's, why do I feel so? Nari like JTE would have straightforward slapped ES when he hugged her. She did not, MSA might be more forward unlike Nari, But NARI did like ES just that she started missing him when she started getting irritated with JY and his antiques.

• Love 3

"I studied liberal arts" :lol:

cr: Byul E

img.gif

img.gif

2 hours ago, taerabyte said:

Hi! I’m new to this thread haha

I’m rewatching TKEM right now because I can’t seem to watch anything else haha. As I rewatched it, I realized Lee Lim probably missed an opportunity to use Lee Ji Hun against Lee Gon, alongside his parallel universe mom. :joy: riiight? I mean imagine if he raised and groomed Lee Ji Hun to go against Lee Gon. I think it would be interesting to have LJH vs LG face off but maybe that’s just me. Also, now that I’m rewatching TKEM, I feel like the ending might have been changed a little. I think TKEM should have had more episodes to completely solve everything. As I’m watching the first few episodes, I think things were set up and laid down for a more grander scheme (maybe this is just me). But I still think the end was beautiful and was a nice wrap up to the story. :rolleyes:

Hi @taerabyte, welcome to the thread! I guess you're a fan of Jeong Tae Ra? :)

I'm actually one of those who were having reservations at first on whether Lee Rim did kill Lee Ji Hun. Because like you said, there is that option for Lee Rim to groom Lee Ji Hun to challenge Lee Gon, but I guess KES didn't choose to go down that road. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters overall this drama needs to be at least 20 episodes, so  many things to cover haha.  i agree with you on the initial episodes, it felt like... the writer fed us candies on a possible romance and then took the candies away and left us the wrappers . pft.

on the face wipe, dId you feel JY was about to fall for nari and fight with ES ? LOL! that would actually be funny. 

I feel like ES relationship with nari is one-sided cos Nari has not really shown any obvious interest in ES.  It's more like ES clinging onto her lol. The scene with Nari eading LR's palm and when she asked if ES wanted his to be read, it seems like he heard it as "Do you want me to hold your hands?" and he went "orh" and crabs walk to her LOL! Too cute!

Whereas for JY , MSA probably drives the relationship. i actually think after that battle, MSA probably just shoved her number at JY's face and asked him out right there and then. he probably gave her that "i dunno what to say" look and nods HAHAHA. or what if, LG saves JY and MSA takes care of him in the hospital and it took off from there? hospital scene spin off from LG/TE. i can only imagine.:wub:

@SCSfanz Right?! I mean why didnt they think of making it 20 episodes instead lol. Yea the writer fed us candy and then left us bone dry:

043c2db6ce558080824e1db878b33882.gif

I initially thought that JY was falling for Nari, but after the rewatch I dont think he did. Its like how LG had fallen for JTE for the person she is, but still had a slight moment of weakness when seeing Luna. Same goes for JY and the Nari interaction. Yea I completely agree with you that ES's love for Nari is so one sided !!! Hahah I also love that scene between ES and Nari with the palm reading hahahahah!!! Also did you notice how in that flashback scene of ES and Nari at BBQ, he goes and get her a piece of chicken first and puts it on her plate for her !! So sweet and caring !!!

Yea that's what I was wondering too, like how much of the original events from the first timeline had remained in everyone else's head haha!! JY would have probably ended up in the hospital after getting back from the night of treason so MSA probably would have still gone to visit him being the eternal JY fan girl that she is :joy:!! I believe that the only thing different this time when MSA shoves her number at JY is that he actually reciprocates her feelings :love:! If there's anything Ive learnt about the JY/ES twins is that their lives always run in parallel lol. Both fall for the same girl, both get shot at around the same time, and both feels what the other feels. So by that logic, since ES already got married to Nari that just means that JY would soon end up marrying MSA too !!!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz

I initially thought that JY was falling for Nari, but after the rewatch I dont think he did. Its like how LG had fallen for JTE for the person she is, but still had a slight moment of weakness when seeing Luna. Same goes for JY and the Nari interaction. Yea I completely agree with you that ES's love for Nari is so one sided !!! Hahah I also love that scene between ES and Nari with the palm reading hahahahah!!! Also did you notice how in that flashback scene of ES and Nari at BBQ, he goes and get her a piece of chicken first and puts it on her plate for her !! So sweet and caring !!!

Yea that's what I was wondering too, like how much of the original events from the first timeline had remained in everyone else's head haha!! JY would have probably ended up in the hospital after getting back from the night of treason so MSA probably would have still gone to visit him being the eternal JY fan girl that she is :joy:!! I believe that the only thing different this time when MSA shoves her number at JY is that he actually reciprocates her feelings :love:! If there's anything Ive learnt about the JY/ES twins is that their lives always run in parallel lol. Both fall for the same girl, both get shot at around the same time, and both feels what the other feels. So by that logic, since ES already got married to Nari that just means that JY would soon end up marrying MSA too !!!

Knowing JY, he ain't getting married with MSA unless his Pyeha is available and agreeable lol. Welp too bad he is busy trying to find the Mesolihic Era Portal opening with Princess Di to use the leaves. 

:happydance:

• LOL 5

After seeing the ratings of the other drama dropped on 2nd episode and reading the blog which bashed TKEM before this and saying its ok, nothing to be worried about... One cant help but see the biasness when it blogged about TKEM, writing nasty comments about it until the end..... ah well..:phew:... we will see...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

Knowing JY, he ain't getting married with MSA unless his Pyeha is available and agreeable lol. Welp too bad he is busy trying to find the Mesolihic Era Portal opening with Princess Di to use the leaves. 

:happydance:

@madmad min Haha!!! If JY was married to MSA, would LG even know??? Besides, LG is too busy with his married life to JTE. So LG probably wouldn't care if JY was married too haha!! I think LG would be shocked at first, but happy that his brother JY had a fairy tale romance and marriage too!!!:fingerheartx:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

After seeing the ratings of the other drama dropped on 2nd episode

Why you even posting something about a niche unhealthy individual nobody goes there or nobody really cares honestly. She is just another mouth breather and mentally unstable. Hope she recovers and writing it's not her style she is to fragile mentally because you should have fun it but don't get obsessed with it and let it derail you mentally

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz Right?! I mean why didnt they think of making it 20 episodes instead lol. Yea the writer fed us candy and then left us bone dry:

5 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@madmad min Haha!!! If JY was married to MSA, would LG even know??? Besides, LG is too busy with his married life to JTE. So LG probably wouldn't care if JY was married too haha!! I think LG would be shocked at first, but happy that his brother JY had a fairy tale romance and marriage too!!!:fingerheartx:

@SweetButters @madmad min ES likes nari right from the get-go and he is not shy about it. Nice analogy there on ES/JY's lives running in parallel. i'm pretty sure MSA will visit him cos she already did when ES was shot, also ES was only shot once , if JY was shot many times , MSA will just throw herself at him crying LOL. haha  so JY /MSA marriage was probably not there far away. *cringing at the thought of JY talking on the phone with MSA in a cute voice* LOL 

They'll probably get married when LG and TE are off somewhere over the weekend. HAHA

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I posted the following on LMH's thread few days ago, and I should post here again. Sorry if there's already same content posted by other chingu.

There were Lee Jung Jing's interviews these days, it seems he's also full of humble and wisdom like our bb.

1. He was absent in drama/movie for 3 years. He said "it was not intentionally that I didn't take a work, however I was looking for a work I could act, then 3 years passed." When he got the offer of Lee Lim, he asked "Why me ? There will be lots of actors want to participate to this work." And he said "Lee Min Ho is the first confirmed cast, they said they need an actor with enough charisma against him."
2. He lost 9 kg to fit the character Lee Lim.
3. He said "I should not say anything about the result of this drama. Comparison to the rating, what the memories this work brought to me is more important."
4. There were lots of comments in various foreign languages in his IG account and the numbers of like were suddenly increased. He thought the system was wrong, but then he found that "The King" was big hit overseas. There were many comments asked him to be good to Lee Min Ho. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters @madmad min ES likes nari right from the get-go and he is not shy about it. Nice analogy there on ES/JY's lives running in parallel. i'm pretty sure MSA will visit him cos she already did when ES was shot, also ES was only shot once , if JY was shot many times , MSA will just throw herself at him crying LOL. haha  so JY /MSA marriage was probably not there far away. *cringing at the thought of JY talking on the phone with MSA in a cute voice* LOL 

They'll probably get married when LG and TE are off somewhere over the weekend. HAHA

@SCSfanzHAHAHAH I LOVE WHAT YOU JUST SAID, "MSA will just throw herself at him crying":joy:!!!!  Oh thankies !! Yea I just noticed how JY and ES were the only set of twins that seemed to feel what the other feels or ends up in similar events/situations haha. They're just such a special set of doppelgängers lol.

Oh god can you just imagine JY speaking in a sweeter voice to MSA :heart:? He did speak in a softer tone when he first met Nari or in some scenes with just LG. So I'm just guessing that's how he would speak to MSA :love:!

HAHAHA!!! What if JY and MSA did already get married and we just didn't even know about it or saw it? Since JTE/LG were already married as shown by her "where's my Binyeo?" comment. Gosh why didnt MSA and JY have a speaking interaction in the last episode ?! lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I posted the following on LMH's thread few days ago, and I should post here again. Sorry if there's already same content posted by other chingu.

There were Lee Jung Jing's interviews these days, it seems he's also full of humble and wisdom like our bb.

1. He was absent in drama/movie for 3 years. He said "it was not intentionally that I didn't take a work, however I was looking for a work I could act, then 3 years passed." When he got the offer of Lee Lim, he asked "Why me ? There will be lots of actors want to participate to this work." And he said "Lee Min Ho is the first confirmed cast, they said they need an actor with enough charisma against him."
2. He lost 9 kg to fit the character Lee Lim.
3. He said "I should not say anything about the result of this drama. Comparison to the rating, what the memories this work brought to me is more important."
4. There were lots of comments in various foreign languages in his IG account and the numbers of like were suddenly increased. He thought the system was wrong, but then he found that "The King" was big hit overseas. There were many comments asked him to be good to Lee Min Ho. :lol:

Hey Thanks, We never got Lee Jung Jing's interviews. And Yes he does have the charisma lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1