[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 minutes ago, rainbowmonster said:

Episode 4 is perfect. Felt that the pace picked up and the soundtrack was awesome too. Literally the best episode thus far!

Thanks for good feedback buddy. I hope ratings is over 10% today and audinece  like it.

So from next week onwards story move at fast rate and audience comes to drama

Guys there are no lost hopes yet. We will recover. Let's stay strong!

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

The second half of episode 4 was absolutely awesome - after all the prolonged build-up the story is finally shifting to a higher gear and the puzzle pieces are beginning to fit together-  and it looks like episode 5 is going to be even better and more exciting. 

Episode 5 preview

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

@kaqueski I have the impression that it is the other way around. He is killing these people in RepKorea in order to get rid of the "doppelgängers" and create new supporters. The guy was a gambler for example so he helped the woman to get rid of her husband. Once her husband died, she was asked to go to Mon.Corea where she would take the place of her doppelgänger. Just like he helped the woman to grant that wish and punish the three boys who mocked her son. She could be sent to Mon.Corea, where she can replace her "doppelgänger". So once he has managed to infiltrate Mon.Corea with supporters from Rep.Korea, he wants to overthrow Lee Gon and then go back to Rep.Korea, where he can saize the power as he has enough power. Since the people were killed before, they can not exist in Rep.Korea. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 11

EPISODE 4 WAS WHAT WE WERE ALL WAITING FOR! EVERYTHING :scream:

Also, just wanted to say I called this last week. :D

On 4/18/2020 at 11:41 PM, Heretorant said:

Bingo! Currently, the story is taken place before the badge is taken. I wonder how long it’ll take for the king to convince JTE that he is truly from another world. Will he return home without proving himself? If so, I reckon JTE will lose her badge while out working one day and have to retake it. It’ll of course be scheduled on 11/11/2019 and on that day, she’ll think twice about what Kim gaeddong said. He’ll reappear on that same day to meet her. And now I’m just writing my own script hahahaha.

Hmmm, I guess I wasn’t writing my own script lol. Of course it didn’t happen exactly like that but somewhat along the lines. Close enough lol.

*sigh* excuse me while I let it all sink in because this, THIS, is what I have been waiting for.

Also, before I head out, thank you writer Kim for giving us Lee Min Ho as Lee Gon. I’m loving this multilayered mature king who’s also clever and swoonworthy :wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2

34 minutes ago, ChristineH said:

Arrggg....how am I going to wait another week to see new episodes??  :crazy:  The paiiinnnnnn

Please let me know if you find a way to cope. It’s going to be a long week ahead and I don’t know how I’m going to deal. 

37 minutes ago, noor ul ain said:

Is lee Gon cursed?since He is the one who brake that flute so maybe with powers(maybe more than Lee Lim) he also have side effects.

Interesting... I think you might me on to something! We haven’t seen much from Lee Lim’s perspective so I wonder if he also experiences the side effects. 

————————————————

@syntyche I think you may have been right about the time stopping phenomenon. They don’t seem to have control over it. It simply happens when someone crosses worlds. I wonder why Lee Gon never noticed time stopping before though. It’s apparent Lee Lim has been crossing between the two worlds for quite some time now. So why didn’t LG ever notice it? I thought it could be due to the flute not in possession but I realized when he noticed time stopped in Corea, he didn’t have the flute on hand. 

The fight between LG and LL is getting intense. They haven’t quite met so imagine what will go down once they come face to face. It’ll be epic! I’m anxious because LL is a few steps ahead of LG. But considering he had 25 whole years to plan, LG is actually not far behind. He’s inching closer every episode. And this build up is getting me excited! 

• Like 12

One humourous point: did she apply for leave before going to Corea?

Is the yo-yo playing kid same as the kid who bumped into her when her card fell into the gutter?

I was wondering if yo yo represents the circular nature of time and if he is the son of the library guy who is the right hand man of the uncle?

When will next friday come?

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Interesting... I think you might me on to something! We haven’t seen much from Lee Lim’s perspective so I wonder if he also experiences the side effects. 

Yes it can be Lee Lim is really mysterious he is hiding so many things  

• Like 3

Thanks to POPGASA

KIM JONG WAN (NELL) – GRAVITY (연) THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH OST PART 3

The silent screams
Help me to breathe
In this place where no one answers

Spoiler

Your touch leads me
Above the waters
And I follow you as if I’m bewitched

In your eyes
We’re facing our destiny
A big pull that can’t be denied
Gravity

Dark nights
Filled with long sighs
In my mixed up time

Your voice wraps around my dry heart
So I chase after you as if I’m drunk

In your eyes
We’re facing our destiny
Gravity

Can you feel me?
I’m spreading into you
Thickly colored by you

In your eyes
We’re facing our destiny

We’ve come close to the tip of the universe
Gravity

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

One line caught my attention in first ten minutes. He said King's every moment is recorded in Corea's history and he want it to last forever.

So the king ETERNAL makes sense. Either he is going to control time loop which is infinite to never age and live for centuries! As we can see uncle can't age or control the time loop. so to control the evil, you need a positive forever, hence the king ETERNAL!

First ten minutes i love it so far.

Much improvement. Mark my words , drama will pick up in ratings from next week, if not today because of yesterday's episode.

Edit- also ice tea scene. Was really ice tea hot or Woo hwan's character in korea felt the same heat , like his character felt in corea with hot coffee! That was interesting

• Like 12

Another thought... if the voldemort uncle kills the doctor uncle of the king and replaces him with a henchman then will the king not realize it?

I mean replacing people in a world... will that not need feeding them with new memories?

Also... is internet in Corea different from Korea? Einstein makes his appearance in both :D

just thinking out aloud.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1