[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Just now, Heretorant said:

Could it be possible we are watching two different shows? I guess it is not your cup of tea but I absolutely loved episode 4 :D

Unfortunetly not. Only the last 10 minutes of the episode was good, the rest is just the same thing of last three episodes: slow pace and boring dialogues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nat_93 said:

Unfortunetly not. Only the last 10 minutes of the episode was good, the rest is just the same thing of last three episodes: slow pace and boring dialogues.

We will have to agree to disagree I freakingly enjoyed it. However there are other shows you should probably check them out and see if you can find something that suits. good luck

• Like 11
  • Love 4

so her police teammate seems to have crossed too, would have been good for her, I would have liked the love triangle to be with the character of woo do hwan, he is very sexy in this costume, and that would have brought more tension and complication

• Like 1

Since he crossed the parallel worlds, he will get the shoulder pain whenever there is lightning, why did he bring her?

She will get hurt. 

But that is the only complaint I have of ep 4. hehehe!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

so her police teammate seems to have crossed too, would have been good for her, I would have liked the love triangle to be with the character of woo do hwan, he is very sexy in this costume, and that would have brought more tension and complication

I Don't think he crossed he dosen't have the flute to do that. She will cross back at some point probably

• Like 2

I'm ready to swoon just watching the previews!!!

Seriously, please sit back and enjoy the drama without worrying about ratings or what other  negative things are being said. 

The thing is we need to manage our expectation.

A story has to slowly unfold itself and not jumped right into romance every single minute.

There are so much things to discuss and ways to get our brain fried!

The mysteries.

The crossing of the world.

The evil uncle.

I like what @bebebisous33 has pointed out.

Evil uncle is going around killing doppelganger to replace them in Corea.

I didn't see that earlier and now I can!

I hope Lee Gon is ready for it.

And.... I'm back to getting ready to swoooooooon!!!

:love:

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Heard that all good comments on SBS official site.

69db869bly1ge6esgbnivj20yi1xx4qp.jpg

1. Now I know why Lee Min Ho is so popular.

2. Is there any side effect to Maximus ? No pain ? If he cross over and over.

3. Believe in God Eun Sook, God Min Ho. Will keep watching. I'm going crazy.........my heart is crazy fluttered........voice, lines, and ending......

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Kim Eunsook’s dramas dont need to be extraordinary. Mediocre plot and love lines can make people praise her work and go nuts. But this drama is way below her standard. I don’t speak about the script as her previous work are all plain. The hype around  The King is nowhere near Goblin even it has more complexity. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I had joined Soompi for LMH during TLOBS and then fangirled WDH during TGS:heart: And now when both LMH and WDH are back together, I had to return back to Soompi:D I don't care what anyone says, I am loving the drama so far. It has everything  a blockbuster drama should have:glasses: And starting from next episode, the drama will get better and better:) I am so excited to see TE in Corea:lol: Their chemistry is just:love:Super excited for next episode:relieved:

FDSkHIH.jpg

ijKEQM4.jpg

LNWNCrd.jpg

Cr- Weibo

• Like 14
  • Love 7

18 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Can somebody please explain the iced tea becoming hot for both the doppelgangers ??? how did it happen???

I loved today's episode... now this is going to be fun.... really fun....

I notice that as well. is there a connection?

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, 122am said:

Since he crossed the parallel worlds, he will get the shoulder pain whenever there is lightning, why did he bring her?

She will get hurt. 

But that is the only complaint I have of ep 4. hehehe!

We don’t know this yet.

There is a theory that he is the only one who suffers from the side effects. My guess is that he is cursed because he was the one who broke the flute. Another possibility could be due to getting cut by the flute. His blood may run through it or vice versa, part of the flute’s power may run through him. We definitely need some more explanation here but right now, it seems like the power of the flute was activated when he crossed over. Before that, he didn’t experience any time stop or side effects. 

———————————————

I knew there would come a day where Shin Jae’s backstory made sense and that day didn’t take long. I take back what I said about him last episode. I am much more intrigued by him after today. In particular, I wonder what his nightmares are like. Could it be possible they are in connection to Corea? Or the future? Or the future back to the past? If that makes any sense at all lol. 

• Like 19
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1